Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I can hardly walk. I think I have a hernia.

I don’t see or feel a hernia in my groin area but whenever I take a step there is great pain in my groin area. Could it be an inflamed or impacted bowel instead? It’s all across the top of my pubic area.

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 6:53 PM

You’ll have to go to a doctor.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2020 6:57 PM

Diverticulitis attack. Been there, done that.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2020 7:00 PM

May be something going on with your bladder. I hope not, having had that.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2020 7:03 PM

It’s advanced cancer.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2020 7:08 PM

A twisted testicle perhaps? Very painful and definitely needs medical intervention.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2020 7:23 PM

Do you have a low grade fever?

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2020 7:26 PM

Hernia hurts regardless of walking or not and it is a throbbing/knotted pain that gets worse and worse...also, it is usually on one side of the groin area. If that is not what you’re experiencing, probably not a hernia.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2020 7:29 PM

R6 yes I do.

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2020 7:29 PM

See Post #2.

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2020 7:47 PM

OP- Is it right or left sided?

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2020 7:51 PM

Left lower abdomen

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2020 7:58 PM

May I ask your age? Left.... so yes, diverticulitis is on the differential. As is UTI (less common in men), inguinal hernia, muscle strain. This doesn't fit the classic presentation of testicular torsion .

Usually with a hernia you will feel a "bulge". Try this, bear down (as if you are on the toilet and constipated) and see if it bulges.

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2020 8:06 PM

May be appendix.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2020 8:08 PM

Unless he/she has congenital malrotation of the bowel, which is HIGHLY unlikely, it's not the appendix, Wrong side.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2020 8:12 PM

Having had two inguinal hernias I can tell you That you will have a bulge between your pubic area and belly button. While painful at times they are not the type of pain you’re describing. Appendix pain would be on your right side and get steadily worse. Diverticulitis, is an inflammation of the intestines where sacs in the intestines become inflamed causing pain. It can be aggravated by eating nuts, etc. you usually need an antibiotic to treat the infection. Like others have posted, go see the Dr.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2020 8:18 PM

Urinary tract infection and prostate cancer. See doctor ASAP.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote] Urinary tract infection and prostate cancer.

Stage 8 would be my guess.

OP ain’t got nothin’ on Ole Alex T.

by Anonymousreply 17March 21, 2020 8:48 PM

left to middle, above pubis? diverticulitis. I had it for the first time a few weeks ago (which doesn't surprise me, my digestive system has gone nuclear). it almost knocked me off my feet in the beginning when it would twinge. kept me half awake a few nights. diarrhea morning and evening for a few weeks,, I am ok now.

by Anonymousreply 18March 21, 2020 9:24 PM

Another vote for diverticulitis. They usually try antibiotics first. It can require surgery. If you're lucky, you won't need a colostomy.

I was lucky. The run-up to the surgery led me to quit smoking - IV antibiotics made everything taste terrible, even my Dunhills.

by Anonymousreply 19March 21, 2020 9:31 PM

R15, Did you have surgery for both? Mesh implants? Any adverse after effects?

by Anonymousreply 20March 21, 2020 9:32 PM

Rabies.

by Anonymousreply 21March 21, 2020 9:35 PM

You're a whore, darling.

by Anonymousreply 22March 21, 2020 9:57 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 21, 2020 9:59 PM

I had the exact same issue a few years ago, and was convinced it was hernia. It turned out to be much simpler than that: I didn't wear shoes or slippers in my apartment, and have cement floors. The constant hard pounding on the floor started to make my joints flare up. Once I started to wear cushioned sneakers, the pain went away. I couldn't believe my problem was as simple as that, but it was. Try wearing cushioned sneakers, and , here's hoping your pain will disappear, too. Good luck.

by Anonymousreply 24March 21, 2020 10:07 PM

since no one has asked yet: what was his name?

by Anonymousreply 25March 21, 2020 10:42 PM

[20] I had mesh for both surgeries. I didn’t want to go that route but my surgeon said it could rupture again without the mesh. He also said if you have one hernia there’s a 50% chance you’ll get another one on the opposite side. He was right unfortunately. My dad had a hernia and so did my mom. Genetics are a bitch. What’s interesting is my first surgery didn’t cause me as much discomfort as the second. Two different surgeons same type of surgery. Second surgeon did a great job hiding the scar, but I was uncomfortable for a longer time. Funny story. When I was waiting for my second surgery the nurse took my blood pressure which was 190/110. Outwardly I looked like the essence of calm. When the nurse expressed concern I told her it was only that high cause I knew what was coming. She took it again before the surgery and I was normal. I’ve had no issues whatsoever with the mesh repair. I’d recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2020 1:33 AM

OP has a diseased cunt. Probably got fucked by a hundred low lives due to acting out behaviour. No worries, OP. You will be taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2020 1:35 AM

You're pregnant, dear.

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Wen to emergency room today. It’s a hernia.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2020 1:46 AM

Well, a hisnia maybe.

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2020 1:49 AM

I am not naturally muscular, but I have very strong abdominal muscles. I guess that has saved me from a lot of pain.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2020 3:39 AM

^^Humble brag.

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2020 1:03 PM

R26, Thanks for the details on your surgeries. I've been living with a right side inguinal hernia for 18 months, knowing that surgery is inevitable. Just when I made the decision to go for it, the Coronavirus hit and now I'm fearful of the hospital at my age, 68. There is no pain and none of the symptoms that would necessitate emergency surgery, but the bulging can be annoying. I've heard and read horror stories about mesh implants, but it appears I will have no choice.

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2020 6:25 PM

Uhh-oh... OP, can I have your stuff?

by Anonymousreply 34March 29, 2020 6:32 PM

Could be something worse. Can you go to your doctor?

by Anonymousreply 35March 29, 2020 6:38 PM

Would it have killed you to have at least posted a picture or link OP? Would it? I mean would that have really been that hard? Would it? Why don’t you try to think more of others next time before you post? Can you give us a straight answer? At least be honest for once in your life and tell us why you were so inconsiderate?

by Anonymousreply 36March 29, 2020 6:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!