Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"A Message from our CEO"

How many of these have you received?

I think I've gotten over 100.

From banks, airlines, hotels, healthcare, rental car companies, utility companies, and dozens of others.

I've never felt so important in my whole goddamned life.

And it only took a global pandemic for them to reach out to me.

I guess they're missing my business, huh?

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2020 12:51 AM

Yeah that’s the first thing I delete the minute I see them. They can kiss my ass.

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2020 12:04 AM

OMG I'm a "Chief Marketer" for a brand, and I'm wondering WTF these people are thinking. I guess some of these corporate bozos just have too much time on their hands right now. They can't go to meetings and "present stuff" or shit out a bunch of rhetoric, so they're trying to come up with shit to do. That's the only thing I can figure out here. Thankfully, my CEO and I agree that these emails are incredibly dumb.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2020 12:07 AM

The letter from Gary Friedman from Restoration Hardware was the best. He thanked the nurses, doctors and healthcare workers in his second sentence. It was a great recognition of those on the front lines. Thank you, Gary.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2020 12:36 AM

So offensive - clear marketing scam with the wording of a personal letter of concern. Almost mocks the sincere concern it deserves. Using it as a marketing ploy is disgusting - and par for the course for our current form of hypercapitalism.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2020 12:40 AM

I got one from the CEO of the company I work for. He's a millennial billionaire. He told us not to worry about our paychecks. He's set us all up to work at home. I'm hoping his idealism keeps him steady, and that when we come out the other end, he's got an entire workforce who will support him no matter what he does.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2020 12:40 AM

Wow, R5.

Now THAT's a meaningful "Message from the CEO."

Unfortunately, all of mine seemed more like form letters, than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2020 12:47 AM

Yeah, I knew I was special when I got one from both the CEO’s of McDonald’s and Subway.

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2020 1:26 AM

Utter and complete bullshit. What government frau thought this one up?

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2020 1:43 AM

The sad thing is they all sound like they were written by the same person.

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2020 1:46 AM

They’re all using so much hospital grade disinfectant I’m surprised there’s any left for the hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2020 1:47 AM

It’s all an advertising ploy.

I really don’t care that all of them are apparently concerned about Covid.

Stop clogging my email box!

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2020 2:05 AM

R5, do you work for a company in Playa Vista or Playa Del Rey?

by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2020 2:10 AM

I got one from Hertz and Avis. I don't CARE about your f-ing cars at this moment because I won't be renting one any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2020 2:27 AM

R12 Not for any Playa. If I told you where our corporate HQ were, it would probably give the company away. I don't want to jinx things. But, not only have we emplioyees been told not to worry, our customers are being given big breaks to help them through. The guy means well. I hope he sticks to it.

When we've come out the other end, I'll be more-specific. By then, it will be either "so much for that" or "the billionaire that owns my company is an angel."

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2020 12:23 AM

Here's a new one. Important message from PayPal's CEO! Is there any reason to see, talk to, or touch anyone at PayPal to make a payment to someone? What could he possibly contribute to recent events?

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2020 8:53 PM

I got one from Kohls. Jealous bitches?

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2020 8:56 PM

Jimmy Kimmel mocked McDonald's for its message, which bragged that everyone's "health and safety" is McDonald's #1 concern -- from a company that feeds us Big Macs and french fries.

by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2020 9:01 PM

[quote] Yeah, I knew I was special when I got one from both the CEO’s of McDonald’s and Subway.

Not special, just fat.

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2020 9:10 PM

Yes, it is such a dumb, idiotic marketing gimmick. And a stark reminder of how many companies have your email address.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2020 9:22 PM

Agreed they are off mark in tone, even the well intentioned ones that make no mention of "but rest assured we are still fulfilling online order....'

I do, though, appreciate that some of the better restaurants where I live have used Instagram or Facebook to announce that they have switched to special, limited menus of prepared foods to pick up or are offering delivery. That is useful for consumers but also for their staff who may not have contracts (and eligibility for unemployment checks.)

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2020 9:53 PM

Some companies really do care about their employees, humanity, and the environment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2020 10:01 PM

Even worse than my death, Theresa Greenfield might run out of money if I don't send her some RIGHT THIS MINUTE. I'm all for supporting Congressional races, but some people need to take it down a notch. .

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2020 10:01 PM

AT&T is giving all of its hourly workers who are working as essential employees a 20% increase in pay until further notice. The 20% is an hourly wage increase so it will carry over to overtime wages also.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2020 10:29 PM

Every event -- including grave tragedies -- is a marketing opportunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2020 12:44 AM

Every event -- including grave tragedies -- is a marketing opportunity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2020 12:45 AM

It's taken this global pandemic for people who work in grocery stores and at fast food places to finally be recognized and treated with some modicum of dignity. Some are still out there on the frontlines when they really don't have to be (ie. fast food places). I bet their cunty managers and supervisors are being "nicer" right now because they know they need the help.

But the second this is over, it will be the same bullshit business as usual. Treating them like garbage. And not just by their bosses but all these hypocrites writing on their social media "Let's give thanks to those in the frontline!" will be back to bitching at them "I thought these were ON SALE??!!" or "Why didn't you give me more pickles??!! I want more pickles!" or "You didn't stamp my points card!!"

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2020 12:51 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!