Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I spent TWO HOURS looking for toilet paper tonight...

...yes, I'd heard about people buying up toilet paper, but I hadn't bought any in a few weeks and so it wasn't top of mind until tonight I saw I was down to three rolls and figured I'd pick some up on my drive home. I stopped at Publix, Target, Walmart, Winn-Dixie, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Fresh Market, Costco, CVS, Walgreens, Lowes, Home Depot and a half dozen convenience stores. I finally lucked out at a tucked away gas station run by two sweet elderly ladies. They had a, well, shit-ton of single rolls and they were not price gouging.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 31, 2020 6:45 AM

Both water and toilet paper, initially out of stock, are back on my local shelves. Hopefully that means they will reappear on yours soon. :)

by Anonymousreply 1March 13, 2020 4:47 AM

Palm Springs is out..I got Kleenex

by Anonymousreply 2March 13, 2020 4:47 AM

Kleenex is bad for septic tanks. I mention this just in case you have a septic tank.

by Anonymousreply 3March 13, 2020 4:50 AM

Can someone explain the hoarding of toilet paper to me? I don't get the mentality. Is coronavirus going to stop toilet paper manufacturers from producing it?

by Anonymousreply 4March 13, 2020 4:52 AM

What’s more important than being able to wipe your ass, R4?

by Anonymousreply 5March 13, 2020 4:53 AM

If you run out of toilet paper and you're in your own home, you can just jump in the shower. It's not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 6March 13, 2020 4:54 AM

Thank you, R6! This is exactly what I don't understand either. In fact, the fact most people don't seem to have considered that seems to suggest that they probably don't wash that part of themselves daily, which is so gross.

by Anonymousreply 7March 13, 2020 4:59 AM

I buy toilet paper in bulk (you know you'll need it and it doesn't go bad so why not?) so I'm good for at least 2 months. I went today to pick up non-perishable food (which nobody else seemed to be after) and soap and the paper products aisle was something out of Mad Max. Some genius did put a display of wine next to the sold out hand sanitizer shelf. I grabbed 3 bottles. If I die, it won't be sober.

by Anonymousreply 8March 13, 2020 5:03 AM

The people hoarding toilet people are the same ones who elected Trump, so do the math. Stupidity is the new normal, so nothing should surprise us anymore.

by Anonymousreply 9March 13, 2020 5:04 AM

Yeah, I don't get the hoarding of TP. Do people think they'll get explosive diarrhea with the coronavirus?

by Anonymousreply 10March 13, 2020 5:05 AM

Seriously, r7. I don't get the toilet paper panic. Just jump in the shower and wash your ass! You're at home FFS! Most people only have to shit once or twice a day anyway, it's not like you'll have to do it 25 times. So stupid to hoard toilet paper. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 11March 13, 2020 5:05 AM

R9 be generous, they are full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12March 13, 2020 5:06 AM

Toilet paper is a self-fulfilling market panic. People hoard because people hoard. No intrinsic reason. Just a kind of mass hysteria.

by Anonymousreply 13March 13, 2020 5:06 AM

You can also use flushable wipes, most toilet paper manufacturers make them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 13, 2020 5:07 AM

It's not expensive to hoard 10 dozens of toilet paper. So people love to hoard it. And it's kinda comforting and rewarding too.

by Anonymousreply 15March 13, 2020 5:09 AM

But in a real emergency, it's kind of pointless. In the end of the world, a clean hole will be my least concern

by Anonymousreply 16March 13, 2020 5:14 AM

Many use toilet paper instead of tissues especially when they have a cold or flu. Women use it for their monthly.

Others use it to apply or remove makeup. It has many uses other than the obvious.

by Anonymousreply 17March 13, 2020 5:31 AM

I'm going to have to liberate a few rolls from work if this madness continues. People have lost their damn minds.

by Anonymousreply 18March 13, 2020 5:39 AM

R17 I was just about to say. Toilet paper is multi-use aside from wiping. Many, many people also use it as a Kleenex/tissue replacement.

by Anonymousreply 19March 13, 2020 5:39 AM

Women use it every few hours when they pee, R17.

People are hoarding TP because they think they and their family members will either get sick and not be able to go out to get it or that they will be quarantined for an undetermined amount of time. Once word got out about hoarding, then others joined in because they fear a shortage. Plus it's easy to hoard. It doesn't require refrigeration, you can stash it anywhere, it's easy to carry, and it won't spoil, so regardless of what happens, you can use in in the future. If you live, that is.

Trump supporters believe the media are lying and blowing the pandemic out of proportion. Not sure why they'd be stocking up.

by Anonymousreply 20March 13, 2020 5:41 AM

In Australia, there was reports Chinese in Australia were buying a lot and sending it to China.

Also reports of Indians here buying large quantities to then off-sell at higher prices. I think to stop the bulk buying to off-sell - supermarkets have a No Return policy for unused toilet paper products.

by Anonymousreply 21March 13, 2020 5:42 AM

My local Wal-Mart was totally out, but Dollar Tree had plenty. It's two-ply and not rough or hurt-y, so cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 13, 2020 5:48 AM

I bought a huge package of Kirkland brand TP in December, and it’s still unopened (I don’t have a car and had to rent one during a family visit, so I took the opportunity to stock up at Costco even though we still had plenty from our previous package).

by Anonymousreply 23March 13, 2020 5:53 AM

I had to order mine from 3 different commercial/wholesale outfits on the internet.

Sold out everywhere online, including Walmart and amazon.

Fingers crossed it actually shows up.

by Anonymousreply 24March 13, 2020 6:01 AM

[quote] You can also use flushable wipes, most toilet paper manufacturers make them.

DO NOT FLUSH THEM. You are just begging for plumbing problems. No wipes and no Kleenex!!! The only thing that is safe to go down a toilet besides piss and shit is Scott toilet paper. That quilted crap will clog your pipes.

by Anonymousreply 25March 13, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote] Many use toilet paper instead of tissues especially when they have a cold or flu. Women use it for their monthly.

What woman is clogging her gash with tissues???

by Anonymousreply 26March 13, 2020 6:08 AM

OP, Why don't you order it at still reasonable prices? Might have to buy more than you need but I'm sure you'll eventually use it or know someone who will.

Various brands available from Georgia Pacific.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 13, 2020 6:11 AM

I've used pre-moistened asswipes for years and have never had any plumbing issues.

by Anonymousreply 28March 13, 2020 6:14 AM

R25 Some of us live in areas with modern plumbing, thank you every much.

by Anonymousreply 29March 13, 2020 6:15 AM

I bought paper towels tonight. You can always wipe with paper towels and throw them in the trash. You can't use tissue in place of paper towels. so paper towels are a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 30March 13, 2020 6:16 AM

R25 is correct. Quilted toilet paper and wipes will clog your mainline. It might take a while though.

by Anonymousreply 31March 13, 2020 6:17 AM

R17, I use it to write letters to my Congressmen.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2020 6:17 AM

[quote]You can always wipe with paper towels and throw them in the trash.

Jesus Christ that's how this fucking thing started!

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2020 6:17 AM

R30 uhhh, i'd rather keep my toilet paper and use a dish rag/hand towels in lieu of paper towels. pretty sure i'd prefer to flush versus having a pile of shit covered Brawny hanging out in my garbage can...?

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2020 6:18 AM

[quote]You can always wipe with paper towels and throw them in the trash.

That's some third world shit right there.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2020 6:20 AM

Europeans often have to put shit laden toilet paper in the wastebasket instead of flushing.

by Anonymousreply 36March 13, 2020 6:21 AM

People are also buying up bottled water. Why don't they buy a water filter? It's not like they won't have running water?

by Anonymousreply 37March 13, 2020 6:27 AM

My local Ace hardware store was selling 6 small rolls for $12.00. That's bullshit!

by Anonymousreply 38March 13, 2020 6:33 AM

r38 it's disgusting how some people take advantage of a crisis. They're awful.

by Anonymousreply 39March 13, 2020 6:38 AM

Just use the junk mail.

by Anonymousreply 40March 13, 2020 6:38 AM

Someone told me she was going to get me some through Amazon, I hope she can.

by Anonymousreply 41March 13, 2020 6:42 AM

I've stocked up on Imodium and refuse to eat fibre.

Take that toilet paper hoarders!

by Anonymousreply 42March 13, 2020 6:48 AM

When I checked earlier on Amazon, all the real sellers were sold out. The only thing was the shady new sellers who just hoarded multiple pallets of toilet paper at Costco and are selling it for double or triple the price. Same with hand sanitizer and wipes. Fucking bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 43March 13, 2020 6:48 AM

Actually, toilet paper is expensive for poor people.

by Anonymousreply 44March 13, 2020 6:51 AM

I have a once read (and to never be read again) copy of David Foster Wallace's 'Infinite Jest' - I'm set.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 13, 2020 6:51 AM

R27 is a great solution I didn’t know existed.

by Anonymousreply 46March 13, 2020 6:57 AM

[quote]In Australia, there was reports Chinese in Australia were buying a lot and sending it to China.

R21 types stupid and ignorant. Freight charges, troll?

by Anonymousreply 47March 13, 2020 7:11 AM

If you think this is bad, just wait until the Poop Knife shortage.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 13, 2020 7:12 AM

R47 There is a whole industry of Chinese paying Australian-made products and sending back to China. There is a perception that Australian products are safer, and are more trusted then possibly tained Chinese made products. It started with baby formula.

Look up 'daigou'.

by Anonymousreply 49March 13, 2020 7:15 AM

The shit troll always fools you guys.

Is that because you're assholes?

by Anonymousreply 50March 13, 2020 7:23 AM

Who are the resellers of the sold out products, and price gouging, on Amazon?

Are they individuals, or businesses?

by Anonymousreply 51March 13, 2020 7:57 AM

So supermarkets in Australia have put a limit to 1 item (pack) per person for toilet paper (and other products, including tissues, paper towels and rice).

We do not have a shortage of supply of toilet paper (we have a number of reliable manufacturers in Australia).

Supermarkets are restocking, generally, once a day, for toilet paper (usually at night).

There is no toilet paper throughout the day (early in the day and before closing).

Is there organised groups of people going in to buy up toilet paper (1 item per person) to then resell at inflated prices?

by Anonymousreply 52March 13, 2020 7:59 AM

For the naive, for the woke brigade.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53March 13, 2020 8:01 AM

You can pry my cold, dead fingers from my toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 54March 13, 2020 8:13 AM

Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 55March 13, 2020 8:27 AM

[quote]What woman is clogging her gash with tissues???

They wrap their pads or tampons with it before they throw them away, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 56March 13, 2020 8:32 AM

Do not use Kleenex (facial tissue). It clogs sewers. Indians are correct -- use your hands and then wash your hands.

by Anonymousreply 57March 13, 2020 8:37 AM

For those of you who can't find toilet paper. Try going to a 7/11 or a small convenience store. I never have trouble finding TP in my local convenience store. my store is mostly a liquor store but it has a few groceries. I found a large bottle of 91% alcohol there too so I can make my own sanitizer.

by Anonymousreply 58March 13, 2020 8:38 AM

We should be wiping our asses with our hands and then washing our hands. What is the point of 'toilet paper' ? It is such a fey commodity. Ugh. We can stick dicks up our ass but not wipe shit with our hands? Toughen up, boys.

by Anonymousreply 59March 13, 2020 8:41 AM

R59. Way too much sharing of your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 60March 13, 2020 10:26 AM

OP, Were you the one who ridiculed me and called me a fear monger when weeks ago I told DL to stock up on emergency TP, food, bottled water, pet food, and especially meds?

by Anonymousreply 61March 13, 2020 11:47 AM

R39, agreed. My housemate came home the other day to tell me that the friend of a guy she works with has bought up a whole lot of toilet paper and is now selling it for $100 a bundle online. These people are so revoltingly selfish.

by Anonymousreply 62March 13, 2020 11:50 AM

I’m more concerned about having enough medicines and non perishable food than I am about fucking toilet paper.🙄

by Anonymousreply 63March 13, 2020 11:57 AM

R39 Were the resellers Indian or Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 64March 13, 2020 12:09 PM

I don’t recall this being an issue for Matt Damon’s womanly ass in “Contagion”...

by Anonymousreply 65March 13, 2020 12:45 PM

You can use generic Kleenex, paper towels, paper coffee filters...just don't flush them in the toilet. Tear pages out of a magazine. Geez, grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 66March 13, 2020 5:04 PM

Our local grocery store, Giant Eagle, is completely out of toilet paper, hand soaps, and hand sanitizers. That's to be expected. But even weirder, they were also completely out of *sour cream*. Are people seriously hoarding sour cream as well out of fear of coronavirus???

You'll likely have better luck finding toilet paper at places like Family Dollar or Dollar General - fraus don't tend to shop at these places.

by Anonymousreply 67March 13, 2020 5:23 PM

That's funny R67, I was thinking about buying sour cream last night, I use it for my biscuits. I wonder if everyone is home now baking biscuits.

by Anonymousreply 68March 13, 2020 5:26 PM

The 99 Cent Store had a decent amount this morning. After I went there, I made the mistake of going to Winco to get some other things. The lines stretched back to the meat dept so I walked in and walked right back out. You'd think there was a hurricane coming, but we live in the desert. I'll just do my shopping at 10pm or 6am for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 69March 13, 2020 6:37 PM

I found plenty at the Dollar General this morning. The clerk told me they even had more in the back.

by Anonymousreply 70March 13, 2020 6:45 PM

[quote]Can someone explain the hoarding of toilet paper to me? I don't get the mentality. Is coronavirus going to stop toilet paper manufacturers from producing it?

Uh, exactly for situations such as RIGHT NOW?! Every store is out and people are resorting to using newspaper. It was smart for those people to hoard. Sucks for people with your mentality.

by Anonymousreply 71March 13, 2020 7:18 PM

There us nothing wrong with using ur hand and washing it or having a bowl of water u soak in after each dump.

by Anonymousreply 72March 13, 2020 7:51 PM

[quote] The people hoarding toilet people are the same ones who elected Trump, so do the math. Stupidity is the new normal,

If you have toilet people you’ve got bigger problems.

by Anonymousreply 73March 13, 2020 8:04 PM

Toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 74March 13, 2020 8:05 PM

Am I the only person who buys in bulk? Fortunately I ran low about a month or so ago so I stocked up. But seriously...everyone shits. It just makes sense to me to always buy the 12+ packs, I know I'll use it eventually.

by Anonymousreply 75March 13, 2020 9:12 PM

I don't have a bidet but I ran the garden hose up the stairs to the bathroom so I'm all set.

by Anonymousreply 76March 13, 2020 9:15 PM

[quote] Uh, exactly for situations such as RIGHT NOW?! Every store is out and people are resorting to using newspaper. It was smart for those people to hoard.

If they hadn't hoarded, every store wouldn't be out, idiot.

Thankfully, my neighborhood seems to be free from such hoarders; there is TP on the shelves in all the bodegas and grocery stores.

by Anonymousreply 77March 13, 2020 9:18 PM

[quote] The shit troll always fools you guys. Is that because you're assholes?

Har har. People are in fact hoarding toilet paper. Why shouldn't we discuss that if we please? Who cares if a shit troll started the thread?

by Anonymousreply 78March 13, 2020 9:20 PM

OP, consider using family cloth.

by Anonymousreply 79March 13, 2020 9:32 PM

[quote]Uh, exactly for situations such as RIGHT NOW?! Every store is out and people are resorting to using newspaper. It was smart for those people to hoard. Sucks for people with your mentality.

I guess you're talking to me. I found a shitload of it, pun intended, at a small supermarket in my neighborhood this afternoon.

by Anonymousreply 80March 13, 2020 10:26 PM

I haven’t subscribed to the paper for years. I get written news from internet sites. Am I supposed to wipe with my iPad?

I can’t live in a world with no toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 81March 13, 2020 10:36 PM

Get a bidet whats wrong with you people

by Anonymousreply 82March 13, 2020 10:38 PM

Trump needs to release federal stockpiles of toilet paper NOW!

by Anonymousreply 83March 13, 2020 10:44 PM

Does anyone know how toilet paper is doing in the futures markets?

by Anonymousreply 84March 13, 2020 10:47 PM

[quote] there is TP on the shelves in all the bodegas

Bodega toilet paper?

Oh, my.

by Anonymousreply 85March 13, 2020 10:54 PM

You’re a have not

by Anonymousreply 86March 13, 2020 10:57 PM

[quote] Bodega toilet paper? Oh, my.

They sell the same brands as everyone else, ffs. And, yes, a few sketchy ones, too, but no need to select those.

by Anonymousreply 87March 13, 2020 11:10 PM

Bodegas sell Scoot and Charmaine, not the regular brands.

by Anonymousreply 88March 13, 2020 11:17 PM

I just put on a new roll last night, now I have to pay attention to how long it lasts me, see if I have enough to share.

by Anonymousreply 89March 13, 2020 11:26 PM

Can you spare a square?

by Anonymousreply 90March 13, 2020 11:27 PM

Where is R67? No post at that number.

by Anonymousreply 91March 13, 2020 11:55 PM

[quote]Where is [R67]? No post at that number.

You probably have them blocked, R91.

by Anonymousreply 92March 14, 2020 12:41 AM

All the stores in Philly had it.

by Anonymousreply 93March 14, 2020 2:28 AM

R92, or vice versa

by Anonymousreply 94March 14, 2020 2:57 AM

I have a 2 year supply in my house for me one person. Whenever it was on sale, I would buy it. I have the same in paper towels. I have a freezer full of food. There is no rice, pasta, bread or any bad carbs in my house. I have 3 cases of 24 pack Poland springs. The only things I need on a weekly basis is fresh fruit and vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 95March 14, 2020 3:27 AM

[quote]The only things I need on a weekly basis is fresh fruit and vegetables.

And lessons in basic grammar.

by Anonymousreply 96March 14, 2020 3:32 AM

Bidets are like $30 on Amazon. Get one.

by Anonymousreply 97March 14, 2020 3:42 AM

r95 you should eat rice, it's good for you. And a little bread and pasta, too.

by Anonymousreply 98March 14, 2020 3:53 AM

[quote]Bidets are like $30 on Amazon.

How much is a garden hose and nozzle from Wal-Mart?

by Anonymousreply 99March 14, 2020 3:54 AM

[quote]Is coronavirus going to stop toilet paper manufacturers from producing it?

That's basically what people are worried about, yeah. That industry and the supply chain will be hit by closures (or WAS hit by closures in China) and it won't be manufactured at a rate to keep up with demand.

by Anonymousreply 100March 14, 2020 4:01 AM

Somebody call Dwight Schrute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101March 14, 2020 4:06 AM

[quote] I don’t recall this being an issue for Matt Damon’s womanly ass in “Contagion”...

Perhaps he was able to grow papyrus from his own waste as he was able to grow potatoes from his own waste in "The Martian"?

by Anonymousreply 102March 14, 2020 4:06 AM

Only proles shit, you're all gross.

by Anonymousreply 103March 14, 2020 4:19 AM

I imagine Trump will throw rolls of toilet paper into American crowds like he threw paper towels in Puerto Rico.

by Anonymousreply 104March 14, 2020 4:46 AM

I wanted to buy clear Gatorade or clear Power One for my colonoscopy prep (I had to drink 8 glasses of clear fluid the day if they prep). Only 1 clear Gatorade in the whole supermarket.

by Anonymousreply 105March 14, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote]There is no rice, pasta, bread or any bad carbs in my house.

Well, smell you, Nancy Drew!

by Anonymousreply 106March 14, 2020 6:43 AM

Rubbing Alcohol - Out of stock everywhere!

I tired Von's, Ralph, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, and even Amazon. Found a few bottles on Ebay which I didnt buy because they wanted 30 dollars a bottle! Plus shipping. That stuff normally only cost about 2 dollars when people are not in panic mode.

by Anonymousreply 107March 14, 2020 6:53 AM

I haven't bought anything yet.

by Anonymousreply 108March 14, 2020 6:56 AM

You can still get this for real on Amazon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 14, 2020 6:59 AM

Guys, toilet paper isn’t indispensable. Did you know that you could wash your ass? In the shower for example? With soap? Your rough unclean toilet paper ass will thank you for it.

by Anonymousreply 110March 14, 2020 7:03 AM

Toilet paper out out my stores too. Fuck!

by Anonymousreply 111March 14, 2020 7:20 AM

R109, sadly, it won't arrive until late April/early May. (If supply chains are still disrupted at that point, toilet paper will be the least of our concerns.)

by Anonymousreply 112March 14, 2020 8:32 AM

[quote] Rubbing Alcohol - Out of stock everywhere!

Not here, baby. Come on by and shtay for a shpell.

by Anonymousreply 113March 14, 2020 11:51 AM

[quote]Rubbing Alcohol - Out of stock everywhere! I tired Von's, Ralph, CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, and even Amazon. Found a few bottles on Ebay which I didnt buy because they wanted 30 dollars a bottle! Plus shipping. That stuff normally only cost about 2 dollars when people are not in panic mode.

Damn. I just threw out a full bottle of rubbing alcohol while "Marie Kondo"-ing a few weeks ago, because I couldn't remember why I purchased it and had no idea what I was going to use it for. Joke is on me.

by Anonymousreply 114March 14, 2020 12:30 PM

Everclear is 95% ethanol if you can't find rubbing alcohol. I used to use it for making cologne. Then the medical lab that rented office space from my company went under, and left behind a ton of stuff. I brought home 4 gallons of 95% ethanol that I use instead now. I have over 3 gallons of it in my closet.

by Anonymousreply 115March 14, 2020 12:35 PM

R16, There won't be much rimming during a viral pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 116March 14, 2020 12:38 PM

R95, Do you have a spare bedroom?

by Anonymousreply 117March 14, 2020 12:40 PM

[quote] Everclear is 95% ethanol if you can't find rubbing alcohol.

*taking notes*

by Anonymousreply 118March 14, 2020 12:46 PM

[quote] Do you have a spare bedroom?

R117, why would he need a spare bedroom?

You don’t think he’s giving up his supplies without a little something-something from you, do you?

by Anonymousreply 119March 14, 2020 12:48 PM

I drove out not the country and shit in the woods

by Anonymousreply 120March 15, 2020 3:40 AM

Do you have a Dollar General in your area? I traveled around to over a dozen stores, without luck. I went to Dollar General and they had some, because people were bypassing them for the bigger stores. Also, the cashier told me they get deliveries more often than some of the bigger stores.

by Anonymousreply 121March 15, 2020 3:53 AM

I feel like I have a mild fever and spent two hours looking for a thermometer. They're out everywhere. What are people supposed to do?

by Anonymousreply 122March 15, 2020 3:55 AM

Agree that dollar tree here in the Midwest was well stocked on paper products.

by Anonymousreply 123March 15, 2020 3:56 AM

I went shopping this evening at a major supermarket and was expecting some empty shelves, but it was a lot worse than I had imagined. I was planning to buy some eggs and milk, but both were sold out. What is the point of stockpiling dairy products? All those eggs that flew off the shelves aren't going to taste so good in July.

by Anonymousreply 124March 15, 2020 4:01 AM

I spent about 90 minutes tonight looking for a specific odor eliminator and disinfectant that I use frequently when my dog horfs up, shits or pisses on something. Home Depot and Lowes and Smart & Final all had nothing except general purpose cleaners and a small number of bottles of bleach.

At my 2nd Home Depot I found 4 bottles - somebody had turned the bottles with the labels facing backwards, and they were sitting pushed to the rear of the bottom shelf. As a top I always check the bottom, so I turned a bottle around, and ah hah, 4 bottles of OdoBan Lavender flavored quaternary ammonium disinfectant. $8.98 a gallon, good price - Amazon is officially charging almost $26/bottle. A gal bottle makes a lot.

Not having hoarded anything yet this state of emergency, I decided to do my part and took 2 bottles. It will take me 6 months to go through that much.

by Anonymousreply 125March 15, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]I spent TWO HOURS looking for toilet paper tonight...

No shit, OP?

by Anonymousreply 126March 15, 2020 4:13 AM

There are tons of it sitting in retailer warehouses. They just need to truck it to the stores. Hopefully now that the rush is over, everyone will be able to get some.

by Anonymousreply 127March 15, 2020 4:19 AM

I hope people will be getting sick of hoarding by tomorrow morning. Or at least that all the deplorables will be in church so I can find what I need and not stand in line for 2 hours. Assuming that the stores have even replenished some of their stock by then...(not looking for TP, just fresh fruit/veg and a few other staples)

by Anonymousreply 128March 15, 2020 4:20 AM

I'm sure the trucks will be on the road on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 129March 15, 2020 6:54 AM

I don't know why people are even bothering to try shopping this weekend. We all know there is hysterical panic shopping and hoarding. It's the weekend and people have nothing better to do. Wait a few days. The hoarders will be hiding in their homes afraid to come out. The stores will be re-supplied (like they are every night now). There is no point in trying to buy stuff this weekend.

by Anonymousreply 130March 15, 2020 7:12 AM

Personally, I'm praying for constipation.

by Anonymousreply 131March 15, 2020 8:37 AM

FYI . . . facial tissue is not flushable.

by Anonymousreply 132March 15, 2020 8:38 AM

What is clear Gatorade?

by Anonymousreply 133March 15, 2020 8:45 AM

It’s Gatorade that’s clear, R133. No color to it.

by Anonymousreply 134March 15, 2020 9:51 AM

On a related note, I very recently installed a bidet, and it's terrific. So much better than paper. Highly recommended.

by Anonymousreply 135March 15, 2020 10:43 AM

#teamimodium

by Anonymousreply 136March 15, 2020 10:43 AM

Basic Bidet attachments are $35 on Amazon and very easy to install. Stop the tp panic, we bought one last summer and it’s great!

by Anonymousreply 137March 15, 2020 10:54 AM

Americans are never going to take to bidets en masse. Just won't happen. They'll go back to using catalog pages or leaves before that happens.

by Anonymousreply 138March 15, 2020 11:16 AM

Don't you have to dry your ass after using a bidet? How does that work?

by Anonymousreply 139March 15, 2020 11:17 AM

R139 You can use thin washcloths to dry and put them in the hamper. I only poo once a day so its not a huge deal to have a dozen thin wash cloths in the bathroom. I have a roll or two of tp in case we have a visitors.

by Anonymousreply 140March 15, 2020 11:38 AM

R139, That's why God made hair dryers.

by Anonymousreply 141March 15, 2020 11:43 AM

The problem with cheap bidets is the water that comes out is ice cold.

No way

by Anonymousreply 142March 15, 2020 11:56 AM

I can’t just have any old Tp; I MUST have Charmin!!

by Anonymousreply 143March 15, 2020 11:56 AM

I usually buy a year’s worth of TP from Amazon but now I only have 19 rolls left!

If I get down to 10 too quickly, I will seriously unroll the double ply so I get two rolls of single ply per 1 double ply roll

by Anonymousreply 144March 15, 2020 11:58 AM

R143, It's Scott 1000 sheets for me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145March 15, 2020 12:06 PM

[quote] As a top I always check the bottom,

I’m so in love with this dude here.

by Anonymousreply 146March 15, 2020 12:17 PM

I have been a regular buyer of Gatorade for at least a decade and have never seen nor heard of clear Gatorade. Now I MUST have some.

by Anonymousreply 147March 15, 2020 8:06 PM

You've never heard of or seen Gatorade Frost?

Have you been self-quarantining for decades?

by Anonymousreply 148March 15, 2020 8:19 PM

I dont get the drying part of bidet thing? I have watched several videos and I know there are different kinds of bidets with dryers and automatic touch, but those are very high end. What is the social etiquette if you go do someones house and need to use the restroom and there is only one towel? Do people reuse those? Do they share them? gross? I know you just washed your ass so it "should" be clean but still, no one would share a cloth napkin at a restaurant for example.

by Anonymousreply 149March 15, 2020 8:29 PM

Clear Gatorade is good for one thing...colonoscopy! No not up your ass, you still drink it. You see, once you pass the age of 50, it is recommended that everyone get a check up in there for cancer. The prep is the worst part, you spend the day before going into the hospital drinking gallons of fluid flushing your system out. The stuff they make you drink tastes like salted lemonade. It's gross. No food is allowed except clear jello or clear liquids. Clear Gatorade is your friend. I think they make clear Coke now too.

by Anonymousreply 150March 15, 2020 8:35 PM

Relinquish the Charmin or I will have you EJECTED into SPACE!

by Anonymousreply 151March 15, 2020 9:02 PM

I was at the grocery store, and noticed that they were sold right out of three specific items:

1 Toilet paper 2 Canned beans 3 Frozen vegetables.

I guess that the hoarders want to eat lots of fiber, which means lots of poop, thus the toilet paper shortage.

What a bunch of ass wipes.

Literally.

by Anonymousreply 152March 15, 2020 9:19 PM

Trump has asked people not to hoard, so no doubt the stores will soon have plenty of toilet paper and everything else snatched up by panic buyers.

by Anonymousreply 153March 15, 2020 10:27 PM

I was able to find some toilet paper at local health food stores. There is a limit to one 4-pack per customer, but that's better than nothing, and keeps people from hoarding.

by Anonymousreply 154March 15, 2020 10:39 PM

Has Trump been rage tweeting lately?

by Anonymousreply 155March 15, 2020 10:41 PM

It not like people are hoarding toilet paper and food. They are buying it for their families, hopefully. The schools have closed, so families are going to need more food, toilet paper and supplies to feed them. Families are also shopping for their elderly parents and relatives.

In my store, all the toilet paper was gone (but they do not have much anyways), all the mac and cheese, soup and frozen pizza. Obviously, it for the kids. I am sure most of the kids are having a hard time with this.

by Anonymousreply 156March 15, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]It not like people are hoarding toilet paper and food. They are buying it for their families, hopefully.

Except for the ones hoarding toilet paper so they can sell it at 10 times its original price.

by Anonymousreply 157March 15, 2020 11:22 PM

I don’t give a shit about some frau’s snotty rug rats. They are on indefinite vacation and soon will be terrorizing the neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 158March 15, 2020 11:38 PM

yeah, it is true. There are scumbags that are buying toilet paper at lower prices, then when it's stocked out will sell at 10x plus the price. Though, I think the vast majority of the people in the stores are families.

by Anonymousreply 159March 15, 2020 11:58 PM

R157, Hmm . . .

by Anonymousreply 160March 16, 2020 12:05 AM

R158, Do you think school children will organize into street gangs in the time they’re off?

by Anonymousreply 161March 16, 2020 12:28 AM

Sure, if they haven't already.

by Anonymousreply 162March 16, 2020 12:32 AM

[quote] Do you think school children will organize into street gangs in the time they’re off?

Like in West Side Story?

With singing and dancing and the like?

by Anonymousreply 163March 16, 2020 1:01 AM

Well, yes, the theater kids might…

by Anonymousreply 164March 16, 2020 1:10 AM

I went to the grocery store---Winco--and the lines to get in were around the storefront, WTF? Then went to Von's and all the paper products were sold out, hamburger meat, ready made salads. There were two packages of chicken left but plenty of roasts and lots of salmon. Why don't people buy roasts? Sure, it's $20 a package but it lasts you all week.

Luckily, I have a mega-roll of toilet paper and paper towels I bought at Costco a month ago. I will have to ration it since who knows how long this panic buying will last. I am using microfiber towels instead of paper towels to clean (much better for the environment). This is TMI, but I have hemorrhoids so will use hemorrhoid pads instead of toilet paper. At least you can order them online. Toilet paper is totally out of stock online, anywhere, everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 165March 16, 2020 1:14 AM

I don't have hemorrhoids, but thanks for that info r165. If I run out of tp, I'll remember that.

Even baby wipes are sold out now.

by Anonymousreply 166March 16, 2020 1:18 AM

If the toilet paper shortage continues, some people are bound to use items that are not made to be flushed, resulting in expensive plumbing repairs.

"Facial tissues do not break down in water the same way toilet paper does. They should never be flushed down the toilet; flushed Kleenex can cause clogs and other serious plumbing issues."

by Anonymousreply 167March 16, 2020 4:44 AM

Back when we had wi-fi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 16, 2020 4:47 AM

R168 you mean dial up! That shit is from 2001!

by Anonymousreply 169March 16, 2020 4:51 AM

There needs to be people who publicly shame others who appear to be shopping to hoard. DLers, who already monitor the shopping carts of other shoppers, would be really good at that.

by Anonymousreply 170March 16, 2020 5:40 AM

All this talk about toilet paper is giving me flashbacks. I remember years ago there used to be a health food store brand of toilet tissue made from cotton. It was the softest most amazing TP ever.

by Anonymousreply 171March 16, 2020 6:06 AM

[quote] Do you think school children will organize into street gangs in the time they’re off?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 16, 2020 7:38 AM

most stores are limiting it.

by Anonymousreply 173March 16, 2020 8:47 AM

I just got some of these.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 16, 2020 9:02 AM

I was at my supermarket Wednesday evening and I saw two shoppers basically filling multiple carts with toilet paper. Selfish hoarders are what is causing the shortage.

by Anonymousreply 175March 16, 2020 10:44 AM

We were down to our last roll. Found the last pqck at a local Publix store.

by Anonymousreply 176March 16, 2020 11:43 AM

STORES ARE NOT CLEANING ANYMORE THAN USUAL. IVE BEEN TO A TARGET, A WALMART AND A CVS AND ALL WERE DISGUSTING!!!

The target and cvs are in a ritzy area. No excuse. DIRTY DOORS, FLOORS AND WINDOWS.

THE PARKING LOTS HAD WEEKS OF TRASH AND NOT BEEN CLEANED.

THE SCANNERS WERE CAKED WITH FILTH AND THE SCREENS COVERED IN FINGERPRINTS.

SUE THEM TO OBLIVION!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 177March 16, 2020 12:21 PM

Has anyone actually run out of TP?

by Anonymousreply 178March 16, 2020 1:35 PM

R175 and what store was that? Most every store I've been to have set limits on the amount you can buy.

by Anonymousreply 179March 16, 2020 1:37 PM

R178, So far, Tori Spelling.

by Anonymousreply 180March 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Ethel Kennedy has been a fan of bidets for decades.

by Anonymousreply 181March 16, 2020 1:41 PM

R179, But, what's to stop a mother bringing along a couple of her kids and having them check out separately and going home with multiple packages?

by Anonymousreply 182March 16, 2020 1:44 PM

Why are you SCREAMING, r177?!

by Anonymousreply 183March 16, 2020 2:04 PM

I mean, these are the times. We just gotta deal with them and hope for more shipments. It's basically opening weekend for a blockbuster, and all the opening night showtimes are boooooooooked! wait for a week or two and crowds should hopefully die down. hope you've got at least ENOUGH for that amount of time, or can at least ration what you have. just be reasonable people.

by Anonymousreply 184March 16, 2020 2:12 PM

In Los Angeles the news is showing the hoarders and 80% are fat asses. One guy they interviewed said "I don't know what I'm buying."

by Anonymousreply 185March 16, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote]I was at my supermarket Wednesday evening and I saw two shoppers basically filling multiple carts with toilet paper. Selfish hoarders are what is causing the shortage.

With all the panic buying going on, no store should allow this.

by Anonymousreply 186March 16, 2020 4:37 PM

I had to go to the store last night as I hadn't been in 9 days. People are still hoarding here, one chick who had 4 cases of canned vegetables who was about to learn she was limited to 3 cans of each item, and another guy with a dozen boxes of cereal. Water was rationed at max 1 gal per person. There is no bread, or baking supplies, or pasta or beans or canned goods or animal food.

The store was trashed with mis-shelved shit everywhere, left behind by crazies who decided they didn't want to buy that last can of pork and beans after all. The only milk was the most expensive brand and my favorite. A friend in another city said that after about 36 hours of crazy, things were back to normal by Saturday. Not here. I called Walmart to bitch that they refused my disabled friend's Walmart Grocery online order [italic]twice[/italic], telling us the 2nd time that people in the store had priority. The nice phone lady explained that store managers are instructed to give priority to delivery and pickup orders. She sent my friend a $20 coupon for her trouble.

by Anonymousreply 187March 16, 2020 4:48 PM

I had to go to the store last night as I hadn't been in 9 days. People are still hoarding here, one chick who had 4 cases of canned vegetables who was about to learn she was limited to 3 cans of each item, and another guy with a dozen boxes of cereal. Water was rationed at max 1 gal per person. There is no bread, or baking supplies, or pasta or beans or canned goods or animal food.

The store was trashed with mis-shelved shit everywhere, left behind by crazies who decided they didn't want to buy that last box of gluten-free tortellini after all. The only milk was the most expensive brand and my favorite. A friend in another city said that after about 36 hours of crazy, things were back to normal by Saturday. Not here. I called Walmart to bitch that they refused my disabled friend's Walmart Grocery Pickup online order [italic]twice[/italic], telling us the 2nd time that people in the store had priority. The nice phone lady explained that store managers are instructed to give priority to delivery and pickup orders. She sent my friend a $20 coupon for her trouble.

by Anonymousreply 188March 16, 2020 4:50 PM

So weird my post R187 didn't post after an hour so I re-wrote it, and here they both are. Muriel must be out buying toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 189March 16, 2020 4:53 PM

She doesn’t need any. She has a stable of twinks for that.

by Anonymousreply 190March 16, 2020 5:02 PM

The Target on Westheimer in Houston has toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 191March 16, 2020 5:17 PM

There are queues now to get inside the supermarket. And most everyone is wearing a mask. It feels like one of those movies like 28 Days Later or whatever the title was.

by Anonymousreply 192March 16, 2020 5:26 PM

Bake a toilet paper cake!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193March 16, 2020 7:07 PM

The fraus are seething right now, since they can't graze at Panera.

by Anonymousreply 194March 16, 2020 7:33 PM

Solution for OP, get with the scat troll. He will lick it clean!!!

by Anonymousreply 195March 16, 2020 7:35 PM

Is OP hot?

by Anonymousreply 196March 16, 2020 8:00 PM

[quote] People are also buying up bottled water. Why don't they buy a water filter? It's not like they won't have running water?

Huge numbers of people have bad tasting water. Central FL is full of sulphur. Long Island water is often overchlorinated. Well water & river water can be contaminated with chemicals, pesticides, coal crap and anyone who was in an area where there was an E. coli outbreak will drink bottled water.

by Anonymousreply 197March 16, 2020 9:06 PM

I went to the bank this morning and a customer came in saying loudly that she had been to five places this morning and they were all out of toilet paper, and she didn’t get any. That was around 9am, so she must have started early.

I don’t know what was going on at the bank, but I wanted to close my account and they are being extremely cagey and don’t want to give me cash. I wonder if there’s been a run on the banks, or they’re afraid there’s about to be.

I’ve been trying to get my money out for a week, and it’s been one delay after another. Supposedly an employee “forgot” to put in an order for the money, then it was he was working at another branch. The teller at my bank called him and had an extremely long conversation with him. The whole time she was holding the phone close to her mouth and looking secretive. She was whispering, but mostly just listening to what he was saying. But they say nothing’s wrong.

Now they’re telling me I can have a small amount of cash tomorrow, and have to wait for part of the rest. And I had to make and appointment to get the money at the end of the week. That’s really odd, don’t you think? I’m not sure the banks will even be open in a week. This is a very large chain.

I’m guessing people are pulling cash out and they don’t want to say anything because they’re afraid of a run on the banks.

by Anonymousreply 198March 16, 2020 9:29 PM

R197 literally the only decent drinking water from the tap is in Hawaii.

by Anonymousreply 199March 16, 2020 9:43 PM

I went to three dollar stores today. All of them had four-packs of toilet paper. Still no hand sanitizer, antibacterial soap, or Lysol spray, though.

by Anonymousreply 200March 16, 2020 10:35 PM

Americans are selfish asshole cunts. It's been this way for DECADES! This is why assholes are destroying stores. Plus, there are many many many here who are tribal.

by Anonymousreply 201March 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Market Basket, a major New England grocery chain, had fully stocked shelves in a suburb north of Boston this afternoon.

The paper products aisle had plenty of toilet paper, paper towels and facial tissue, only it was all their store brand.

by Anonymousreply 202March 16, 2020 11:12 PM

Los Angeles is infested with selfish assholes of all economic backgrounds.

by Anonymousreply 203March 16, 2020 11:17 PM

The Costco in Charlottesville, VA was restocked with toilet paper this morning (although the limit is one package per customer). Clorox wipes and rubbing alcohol were still out of stock.

by Anonymousreply 204March 17, 2020 12:44 AM

Toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning supplies, meat and poultry all out of stock. This is all over. Everyone I know is saying the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 205March 17, 2020 3:20 AM

How did South Korea handle it? Did they have mobs at the stores buying up toilet paper?

by Anonymousreply 206March 17, 2020 5:25 AM

Switch to diapers.

by Anonymousreply 207March 17, 2020 5:28 AM

R206 the people there just kill themselves before the corona does.

by Anonymousreply 208March 17, 2020 5:31 AM

In 2007, singer Sheryl Crow was made to be a laughing stock when, in an open letter on Huffington Post, she suggested a way to slow climate change was to use only one square of toilet paper after going potty.

by Anonymousreply 209March 17, 2020 6:27 AM

Sheryl Crow also made herself a laughing stock when she criticized other female musicians for using their sexuality to sell music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 17, 2020 6:32 AM

And then there was this . . .

Sheryl Crow witnessed Lance Armstrong receive an illicit blood transfusion while they were dating in 2004, according to a soon to be released book about the disgraced cyclist’s extensive doping program.

In an excerpt from ”Wheelmen: Lance Armstrong, the Tour de France, and the Greatest Sports Conspiracy Ever” obtained by The New York Daily News, Wall Street Journal reporters Reed Albergotti and Vanessa O’Connell revealed that the Grammy Award-winning musician spoke with a Food and Drug Administration criminal investigator about her knowledge of Armstrong’s doping routine.

“Rather than try to hide the transfusion from her, Armstrong was completely open about it,” Albergotti and O’Connell wrote, according to the Daily News. “He trusted that Crow would have no desire to tell the press or anyone else about the team’s doping program. He explained that it was simply part of the sport – that all cyclists were doing the same thing.”

Crow and Armstrong began dating in 2003. They were engaged in 2005 but split in 2006.

by Anonymousreply 211March 17, 2020 6:41 AM

You can only buy so much stuff on an average income. These Fraus are going to run out of money and space for all that junk food and TP. Sooner or later things will calm down. There is no shortage. They were just slammed by the entire country decided on the same weekend to do a massive panic shopping. Give it a week or two and I bet grocery stores will be having sales. You can only be in panic mode for so long and American Fraus are too lazy to keep it up long term.

by Anonymousreply 212March 17, 2020 7:10 AM

Times are tough...but your toilet paper doesn’t have to be.

by Anonymousreply 213March 17, 2020 7:32 AM

[quote] The paper products aisle had plenty of toilet paper, paper towels and facial tissue, only it was all their store brand.

Store brand toilet paper? Oh, how positively common and revolting.

by Anonymousreply 214March 17, 2020 1:14 PM

Here in Italy, the land of the bidet, no such problems. People are buying toilet paper more than usual but they don't actually run out. Just bought my usual small pack yesterday and didn't feel the need to hoard and deny others.

by Anonymousreply 215March 17, 2020 1:20 PM

[quote]I spent TWO HOURS looking for toilet paper tonight...

Did you check under the bathroom sink?

by Anonymousreply 216March 17, 2020 1:22 PM

Napkins are pretty cheap and available if you're ok using something that you shouldn't flush.

by Anonymousreply 217March 17, 2020 1:33 PM

The toilet paper aisle was empty but they still had adult diapers. Hm-m-m-m-m-m.

by Anonymousreply 218March 17, 2020 6:01 PM

The problem isn’t WHERE to shit, it’s cleaning up after.

by Anonymousreply 219March 17, 2020 6:05 PM

Why are humans the only species that has to wipe after doing their business? Animals poop in a much more tidy way with little residue left behind. How did humans evolve so that they leave such a poopy mess between their buttcheeks?

by Anonymousreply 220March 17, 2020 6:16 PM

Predictably, this has turned into a scat thread.

by Anonymousreply 221March 17, 2020 6:23 PM

[quote]The toilet paper aisle was empty but they still had adult diapers.

The thought just occurred to me that you could tear up an adult diaper and use that as toilet paper. Better than nothing!

by Anonymousreply 222March 17, 2020 6:41 PM

[quote] Predictably, this has turned into a scat thread.

So Sweeeeeeettt!!!

BA-baaaa-dweet-doobie-doobie-dah!

by Anonymousreply 223March 17, 2020 7:18 PM

I got the last 6-pack of Charmin today at a Dollar General in a less-known location, after going to five other stores beforehand.

by Anonymousreply 224March 17, 2020 7:25 PM

I can understand people stockpiling water and toilet paper but what's with people hoarding paper plates?

by Anonymousreply 225March 17, 2020 7:28 PM

The crowds are getting out of control. They really should limit the amount of shoppers in the grocery store to minimize risk. Someone said that they went to the grocery store early and the truck that was unloading was surrounded by shoppers. There were also fights breaking out between shoppers. There needs to be order so I think the stores need to hire Security guards or police or government get involved in managing the crowds and the hoarding. People end up with no food!

or better yet, encourage people to order online and they get priority.

by Anonymousreply 226March 17, 2020 7:45 PM

I'm a little surprised at your stories, R226. Most groceries and big box stores have loading areas in the back, far away from shoppers.

Online ordering has cratered due to excessive demand. I can't get a delivery from Safeway, Kroger, Amazon Fresh or Walmart here. They say that there are no dates available.

by Anonymousreply 227March 17, 2020 8:59 PM

r227, I lines at least where I live are wrapped around stores including the stores loading areas. People are everywhere hoarding. Most are selfish fat asses.

by Anonymousreply 228March 17, 2020 9:03 PM

My friend told me that toilet paper was back on shelves this afternoon, usually they are gone by that time.

by Anonymousreply 229March 17, 2020 9:07 PM

I cannot find potatoes anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 230March 17, 2020 9:08 PM

I very recently went to TJ Maxx and Marshalls and picked up a ton of those microfiber towels . I got like 10 for $6. I bought them to replace paper towels, because have you seen the price of paper towels lately? Who owns Brawny paper towels? Koch brothers. They artificially raise the price and all the other brands follow, why wouldn't they?

Anyways, I filled the drawers with these and don't miss my paper towels at all.

In a pinch, I would use these microfiber towels in place of PT in a heartbeat. It's just common sense.

I highly recommend dumping the paper towels to everyone who has a washer/dryer in their residence. Screw the Kochs. Also, I picked up a couple extra to clean the bathroom at the Dollar Tree, 4 towels for $1.

by Anonymousreply 231March 17, 2020 9:13 PM

Women need TP for those situations.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232March 17, 2020 9:30 PM

Some stores are making their first-hour of the day seniors-only.

by Anonymousreply 233March 17, 2020 9:42 PM

That seems right and fair, R233.

by Anonymousreply 234March 17, 2020 9:57 PM

There's a small supermarket in my D.C. neighborhood that has has had an ample supply of four-packs of toilet paper both times I've gone there this week,. It also has a sign: "Limit of one per customer." Gee, what a novel idea. Maybe the stores who allow people to load up multiple shopping carts with toilet paper should try it.

by Anonymousreply 235March 18, 2020 12:35 AM

. . . the stores THAT allow . . .

by Anonymousreply 236March 18, 2020 12:37 AM

Every store I've been to in the past week and a half or so have had limits on water, toilet paper, and other staples. I'm surprised there are any stores that haven't implemented this already.

by Anonymousreply 237March 18, 2020 12:38 AM

I stopped into the supermarket Thursday & there was no fresh meat, but other groceries were ok. I went tonight to get wet cat food.....none. Bread, eggs, milk, cheese, yogurt .... gone. . I noticed the Entenmann’s shelf was nearly bare. The cakes, doughnuts were sold out. Only the boxes containing wrapped items, like pre wrapped cinnamon buns, were left. I guess either they arent getting deliveries or everyone went batshit over the weekend

by Anonymousreply 238March 18, 2020 1:18 AM

Honestly, you should just use your hands plus soap and water to wash your ass. It sounds gross but it is actually significantly less irritating than toilet paper. And you want have to hunt down toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 239March 18, 2020 1:25 AM

That’s fucking undignified, r239.

by Anonymousreply 240March 18, 2020 1:37 AM

[quote]Honestly, you should just use your hands plus soap and water to wash your ass.

This isn't the Third World.

by Anonymousreply 241March 18, 2020 1:41 AM

And if you wash in the shower like R239 says, you can dig up your asshole and get the water up there, two knuckles clean at least. Can't do that with toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 242March 18, 2020 1:52 AM

What's the big fucking deal about washing your ass in the shower after you take a shit, instead of using toilet paper? It's not difficult at all.

by Anonymousreply 243March 18, 2020 2:20 AM

We've already heard about that technique in this thread, R239, and we were horrified enough the first time.

by Anonymousreply 244March 18, 2020 2:22 AM

r244 some of you are actually "horrified" by washing your ass with your hands, in the shower? What kind of freaks are you?

by Anonymousreply 245March 18, 2020 2:24 AM

I have a feeling OP is in this somewhere.

Reddit link, couldn't figure out how to post the video directly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246March 18, 2020 2:26 AM

You would think people spent half their day on the toilet with the amount of tp they're buying.

by Anonymousreply 247March 18, 2020 2:32 AM

R247, Haven't you seen the commercials for Colitis and Crohn's Disease?

by Anonymousreply 248March 18, 2020 5:03 AM

[quote] What kind of freaks are you?

Oh, honey! How much time do you have?

by Anonymousreply 249March 18, 2020 11:52 AM

Just go into a large hotel use their public restroom and walk out with a roll.

Hotels don't have many guests now, they have lots.

by Anonymousreply 250March 18, 2020 11:59 AM

I think that there's another issue contributing to the shortages on store shelves. A neighbor is a civilian employee on a military base. At work, she was issued a bottle of Purell, a bottle of clorox sanitizer, and a can of Lysol spray. Is the gov't buying these items directly from the manufacturers, preventing the replenishing of supermarket shelves?

by Anonymousreply 251March 19, 2020 4:04 PM

You don't need hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol. All you need is soap and water. Dr David Agus said the water doesn't even need to be hot. You just need the soap and you need to scrub.

by Anonymousreply 252March 28, 2020 3:07 PM

Has the tp situation improved for any of you? I haven’t seen it on big store shelves in three weeks.

by Anonymousreply 253March 28, 2020 3:13 PM

My local pharmacy chain gets toilet paper in almost every day, but it tends to go pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 254March 28, 2020 3:15 PM

They’re only letting old people in (excuse me, “seniors”) for the first hour in most of the stores where I live. They deplete the stock of toilet paper whenever it is on shelves. How is this fair?

by Anonymousreply 255March 28, 2020 3:18 PM

Out of stock online everywhere with the exception of a few sites who are price gouging.

by Anonymousreply 256March 28, 2020 3:21 PM

I scored a 12-pack of Angel Soft this morning at 6:00 AM in a suburban Boston supermarket after a week long search.

They only had six packages on the shelf, I took one.

Admittedly, being 68 allowed me to enter the store that early and find what I needed.

Finally, being over 60 worked in my favor.

by Anonymousreply 257March 28, 2020 3:29 PM

My local Walmart got in a few cases of generic TP. It was still going pretty fast.

by Anonymousreply 258March 28, 2020 3:38 PM

[quote] Finally, being over 60 worked in my favor.

Enjoy it, cause it never will again.

by Anonymousreply 259March 28, 2020 3:58 PM

Same problems here. Cannot get it anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 260March 28, 2020 3:58 PM

Cannot find Clorox wipes or hand sanitizers anywhere.

They must be giving all to hospitals.

by Anonymousreply 261March 28, 2020 4:00 PM

I've been finding TP lately (in stores that limit it to one package per customer) but still can't find paper towels

by Anonymousreply 262March 28, 2020 4:13 PM

We're going to be wiping our asses with leaves like cavemen pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 263March 28, 2020 4:34 PM

Most stores are limiting one pack of paper per customer

by Anonymousreply 264March 28, 2020 5:37 PM

That’s a start, r264, but if it’s not on the shelves and available you could limit it to 1/2 pack and it still won’t make a difference.

by Anonymousreply 265March 28, 2020 5:39 PM

Most of the stores around me have TP (limit 1 per person) until around 900AM and then it all gets sold out.

Clorox Wipes are impossible to find, however, if you have some bleach and paper towels (if anyone can find those anywhere any more), you can easily make your own.

by Anonymousreply 266March 28, 2020 7:27 PM

Yep r255. Usually the toilet paper they get in for the day is gone by the time the senior only shopping is done.

by Anonymousreply 267March 28, 2020 7:37 PM

Every time I see TP, I grab a pack. Scott’s, 7th generation, IDC...Up to 12 rolls stashed away (we use about 2 roll per week)

by Anonymousreply 268March 28, 2020 7:40 PM

R267, Let my people wipe!

by Anonymousreply 269March 28, 2020 7:45 PM

For the first time in three weeks, I finally saw some toilet paper on the shelf at my store of choice. There were only about half a dozen 4-packs of some off-brand, but it was TWO-PLY, so it was like gold as far as I'm concerned. They limit it to one package per person, but that's okay. I'm four rolls better off than I was. So there is hope, people.

(Also, I was there at around 7:30 PM, so I didn't have to line up at the crack of dawn with the oldsters to get it, either.)

by Anonymousreply 270March 29, 2020 9:08 AM

Shelves were bare of toilet paper when my nearest supermarket opened on Saturday morning.

There was a sealed pallet in the middle of the aisle with one case of toilet paper lodged in the middle.

Another shopper and I broke the seal, carefully pulled out the case and went home with what we came for.

by Anonymousreply 271March 29, 2020 9:45 AM

[quote] so I didn't have to line up at the crack of dawn

When this whole thing is over I can’t wait to line up at the crack of Dan.

by Anonymousreply 272March 29, 2020 11:22 AM

Does your butt itch, OP?

by Anonymousreply 273March 29, 2020 12:12 PM

OP's post is more than two weeks old. I imagine it's pretty damn itchy if he's still out there looking for toilet paper.

by Anonymousreply 274March 29, 2020 3:25 PM

Certain stores will be putting out TP at various times, usually 2-3 mornings a week. Hoarders will clear the shelves in under an hour unless the store has a strict limit per customer.

by Anonymousreply 275March 29, 2020 6:55 PM

Are any of you encountering stores that aren't setting limits?

by Anonymousreply 276March 29, 2020 7:00 PM

Foodlion^

by Anonymousreply 277March 29, 2020 7:09 PM

R277 have you tried calling and asking them to set limits?

by Anonymousreply 278March 29, 2020 7:10 PM

The strangest thing - I used to order from Target.com once a week until recently because I always got a 10 pack of tuna filets for my cats. (Target.com stopped carrying them). In January I needed Clorox wipes, so I ordered a 3 pack from Target. I remember thinking “they’re awfully expensive these days” and when I got them, it turned out I had accidentally ordered a 3 pack of giant cylinders. My husband was like “Do we even have shelf space big enough for those things?” I accidentally bought months & months worth of them.

When I ordered, I wanted a box of individually wrapped Wet Ones, but Target.com wouldn’t deliver a box - I’d have to pick them up at the store. So I said fuck it, I went to amazon & found I could only order 6 boxes of them. So I said “What the hell, I’ll buy a year’s supply of them.” So when the shit hit the fan I had plenty of them & now stuff my pockets with them when I go out.

I also asked my husband to buy a bottle of Clorox bleach spray in January when he went to a supermarket. The bottle I keep beside my kitchen sink was getting low. He came home and said, “Look - you had me buy this Clorox spray bleach & there’s a whole unopened bottle under the sink.”

So I have plenty of disinfectant spray to last me for months.

I accidentally stocked up for coronavirus before I needed to,

by Anonymousreply 279March 29, 2020 9:08 PM

R278 I spoke to the Assistant Manager about it last week while there. He said that may happen but it hasn't been ordered to be done yet. I don't know if other stores in the franchise are functioning the same. This is a relatively small town with only two supermarkets. The other, an independent operator, gets depleted of certain products quickly as well.

by Anonymousreply 280March 29, 2020 10:00 PM

i just spent $10 on toilet paper. 10 DOLLARS.

by Anonymousreply 281March 31, 2020 4:22 AM

For anyone looking for toilet paper - check the bottom of Donald Trump's shoe.

by Anonymousreply 282March 31, 2020 4:34 AM

[R281] Candy Darling!! You're alive!!!

by Anonymousreply 283March 31, 2020 4:35 AM

Geez, R281 you could have bought a whole banana for that much.

by Anonymousreply 284March 31, 2020 6:45 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!