Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woody Allen is Innocent

I'm Not trolling or kidding.

This is from someone who believed the accusations against him but I've done a simple research and found out that Woody didn't molest Dylan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2020 1:18 AM

I've had a problem with this too. Child abusers follow certain patterns and Woody didn't seem to follow any of them. Sure, The relationship with Soon-Yi was grossly inappropriate but no laws were broken since she was of legal age, there was no relations to Farrow, the relationship has been continued for thirty years now. Woody also maintained his own residence and the children were never there singularly and that is something an abuser couldn't live without doing, having the child to himself. I had a family member who was falsely accused of child sexual abuse and I knew he didn't do it. It destroyed my family and there is no way it will be fixed.

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2020 7:00 AM

There isn't really one specific pattern that all child abusers follow, though. Study after study shows that all forms of child abuse -- emotional, sexual, physical, abandonment and neglect -- often occur concurrently with each other, and therefore researchers nowadays tend to focus on clusters of abuse rather than one single form of abuse.

In Allen's case, we know that BEFORE he started a relationship with Soon-Yi, he was seeing professionals for abusive behavior toward Satchel, who by the age of four didn't want to spend time with Allen anymore. One physical incident was in front of a therapist. He was also seeing a professional for his "inappropriate" (per the court) attentions toward Dylan, and we know from photos that he was taking her out to late-night events in front of the paparazzi where she was scared, and where her little Shirley Temple dresses looked inappropriate.

Dr. Coates, who worked with Allen and Dylan before Allen started sleeping with Soon-Yi, worked with Mia after the affair was revealed and after the accusations, and testified that Mia repeatedly said she hoped Dylan was just making it all up.

We have two witnesses, a nanny and Dylan's grandmother, who saw him behaving inappropriately toward Dylan.

The judge in the custody case said, "The credible testimony of Ms. Farrow, Dr. Coates, Dr. Leventhal and Mr. Allen does, however, prove that Mr. Allen's behavior toward Dylan was grossly inappropriate and that measures must be taken to protect her."

Dylan's pediatrician felt the abuse she reported was credible enough that he reported it to the police, even though Dylan was intact.

Dr. Stephen Herman, an expert in child abuse cases, questioned the Yale-New Haven conclusions that Dylan had been coached, in part because many of the notes that the Yale-New Haven team took had disappeared, and also because two of the three clinicians were social workers without specific training in child abuse.

Nothing will ever be known for sure. It's possible he was simply inappropriate and not abusive. However, there are two things that stand out to me:

1) That he had already been engaging in some very sketchy parenting long before he started having an affair with Soon-Yi, and it would be one strange coincidence for him to both have a history of inappropriate behavior with Dylan AND be falsely accused of inappropriate behavior with Dylan;

2) That in the 30 years since it happened, he never once said anything to indicate he cared about the kids, only that he cared about his reputation. He never said anything like, "I deny unequivocally that it happened, but Dylan is my daughter and I want the best for her, so I will help in any way possible." He never said, "I don't believe the relationship with Soon-Yi was inappropriate but Dylan and Ronan are my children and she is their adopted sister, and I want to do what I can to make this transition as easy as possible, understanding it's complicated and uncomfortable."

At the end of the day, I don't need to believe Dylan to know Woody Allen is a nasty piece of work who abused his kids, even if it wasn't sexually.

I question anyone who says "I did a simple research" [sic] and "found out" the truth, because there is no way to know the truth, and what we DO know doesn't exactly make Allen look "innocent."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2020 8:39 AM

Go away soon Yi.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2020 10:01 AM

How about hiding in plain site. How about writing, directing, starring and casting a movie where he at 43 has a girlfriend who looks like a child and based on a real girlfriend was in high school just a few years earlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2020 10:40 AM

Thanks, OP. I can sleep in peace now.

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2020 10:45 AM

OP, “simple” research says it all.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2020 11:17 AM

I had been leaning towards believing Allen for the last couple years. Thank you R2 for that info.

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2020 11:28 AM

I've done more than a simple research and I don't believe that Allen touched that woman when she was a girl. She made it up and Mia reenforced the story, drilled down on it and made the kid embellish it. And the looney son, the Ex-Satchmo, has been playing Mama's Wingman, in a particularly sick way.

Allen is an arrogant mess who has been on the spectrum his whole life. But I don't believe anything about "the story."

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2020 11:42 AM

R8, you weren’t there and you know nothing, regardless of what you believe. R2 has offered some information that you should read instead of repeating yourself.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2020 11:50 AM

On today’s episode of “Overexposed Families Not Worth Paying Attention To”

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2020 11:57 AM

[quote] but I've done a simple research

Well, there ya go then, as long as someone else has a version of the story you like, stick with that one!

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2020 11:57 AM

As someone who never paid attention to all this, R2 leaves me questioning what I always thought was a foregone conclusion: that he was guilty.

I can infer what is meant by "intact". After that it is other people's definition of inappropriate and the fact that he never apologized. Or that he never said that he wanted what was best for his kids.

I'm a parent. I know what people expect you to say and how that mainly falls in line with how I feel. But without the details it sounds as if his actions were merely non-conforming and possibly abusive.

But that is based purely upon the response from R2. I see now that others feel more strongly than I do and I can see where this is going, but I will probably remain unconvinced.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2020 11:59 AM

I have no idea if he's guilty or not, but I don't trust Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2020 12:01 PM

Of course he's innocent. The whole thing comes from the delusions of the insane mind of Mia who should have been locked away many years ago. She has been poisoning those kid's minds against Woody for many years, all because he fell in love with Soon-Yi. Mia will go to her grave a crazy woman scorned.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2020 12:07 PM

^^^You can lead a horse to water, R2, but you can’t make him drink.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2020 12:11 PM

I don't know this guy other than through his movies and his interviews. To me he comes off as a creep and his movies show it. Repetitive, derivative and adolescent.

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2020 12:13 PM

I've done some research too and I've discovered that Allen never directed any movies. It's very hard to prove that in the past any of these movies were actually directed by him, unless you go by the word of the actors who claim to have been in those movies, and who cannot be trusted. If he really directed those movies, why isn't he directing more movies today? Clearly he is not a director. That is proof.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2020 12:13 PM

People believe only what they want. Delusion is powerful. "No, insert name of hot male celebrity is not straight. Duh. I don't want him to be, so therefore he isn't."

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2020 12:27 PM

Fake News, OP. Get a clue.

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2020 12:33 PM

I totally agree....I'm calling bull shit on the whole Farrow clan

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2020 12:36 PM

Isn't 'Woody' another cute name for a penis? He does resemble one.

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2020 12:40 PM

Innocent of what?

He helped raise a girl as his daughter since she was a baby and then he ended up marrying her. He's the scum of the Earth.

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2020 12:40 PM

He's boring. The whole drama is boring.

I also thought he was dead already. Isn't he dead yet?

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2020 12:42 PM

[quote]Of course he's innocent. The whole thing comes from the delusions of the insane mind of Mia who should have been locked away many years ago. She has been poisoning those kid's minds against Woody for many years, all because he fell in love with Soon-Yi. Mia will go to her grave a crazy woman scorned.

Wow, an emotional rant about someone you have never even met.OK then.

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2020 12:42 PM

He didn't raise Soon-Yi. I'm leaning back again to thinking he's guilty, but at least get the facts straight, R22.

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2020 12:43 PM

Falsely accusing a man of diddling your children because you feel rejected is pretty scum of the Earth too.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2020 12:43 PM

Because you would, of course, know all about it, R26.

They know what happened. It's enough for me to judge him by his lifelong contributions to the art of cinema.

He sucks.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2020 12:45 PM

Nice R17

Proving a negative requires some exertion I guess.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2020 12:51 PM

I am thinking of starting a "I just don't know" troll.

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2020 12:57 PM

Men will always stand by even the most despicable of their gender especially when their misdeeds are against women and female children. So, OP, I am not surprised by the conclusion of your "research".

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2020 12:59 PM

No question, he's a creep. Soon-yi, inappropriate and disgusting. And yet, he has remained with her longer than any other relationship in his life. And yes, creepiness doesn't equate to sexual abuse. I believe he is not guilty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2020 1:54 PM

According to the state’s attorney in Connecticut, there was probable cause to prosecute Allen on the charge of molestation. The reason they didn’t was because they felt putting 7-year-old Dylan on the witness stand would traumatize her. The prosecution didn’t want to take that risk. It had nothing to do with lack of evidence.

So no, Allen was not innocent in the eyes of the law.

by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2020 2:05 PM

Dylan should have waited til after Woody was dead to tell her truth. Now she'll be cut out of his ample e$tate, and have to share Mia's with the other half dozen siblings.

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2020 2:22 PM

Her own brother went on the record and said Dylan was delusional. He said the description of the crawl space that she claims the abuse happened in is inaccurate.

Unfortunately, he committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2020 3:01 PM

But he wasn't guilty, either, r32.

Let's face it, NOBODY comes out looking good in any of this. Both Allen and Farrow are loons, one perhaps loonier than the other, and they've passed that looniness onto their children, both biological and adopted.

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2020 3:14 PM

I think all of us can remember creepy adults that may not have physically raped us, but who set off alarms due to their obvious lechery. That’s Woody. He’s an ugly old horny goat. Mia had terrible taste to mate with him in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2020 3:18 PM

What’s weird is that it was completely acceptable to like him right after the scandal, and on in to just a few years ago. Midnight in Paris, Match Point, and some of his other recent films were critically acclaimed, and it was perfectly acceptable to work with him and patronize his films. It’s kind of crazy how the rise of “MeToo” and Ronan Farrow seem to have done him in. There haven’t been any new developments.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2020 3:30 PM

He's super creepy and probably a sociopath. Incredibly entitled and clearly doesn't respect other people's boundaries.

I don't know whether he molested Dylan or not, but he clearly had an inappropriate relationship with the kid. Agree that he doesn't fit the pattern of a pedophile, though. Still, I could see him crossing a line if he was obsessed with the kid.

In spite of all this....I still love many of his movies and would read his autobiography.

Oh, and I'm a woman, btw.

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2020 3:46 PM

R34 Moses Farrow did not commit suicide. He's alive and is a family therapist. For several years now, he has had a normal relationship with Woody and no interaction with Mia whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2020 4:02 PM

There are no verifiable "facts" in the Woody Allen case, only testimony from people with agendas.

I wasn't present at any particular incident so I can't say whether Allen is innocent of guilty or anything in particular, but I'd still bet my 401K that he's done something he shouldn't have done at some point. I say that because he's a narcissist who's been at the top of the show biz heap for a long, long, LONG time, and people who claw their way to the top of the showbiz heap do tend to move the Earth to get what they want, regardless of ethics or morality. And Allen is a self-indulgent, self-absorbed, user with a cruel streak and zero ethics when it comes to what his "heart" wants, and well. He's made his interest in young females clear over the years.

I look forward to hearing from his young daughters on this subject in a few years, when he's dead and they no longer fear being cut out of the will.

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2020 4:02 PM

I don't think he's a sociopath or psychopath. I think he's a narcissist and perhaps on the spectrum a bit. His narcissism is evident. All creators as prolific as Woody Allen must be obsessed with themselves and their life's work. I think Soon-Yi likes her independence and is supportive of Woody, and of holding down the home fort. Mia was surely also a narcissist and maybe borderline, so the two wrongs didn't make a right.

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2020 4:04 PM

[quote]Moses Farrow did not commit suicide. He's alive and is a family therapist. For several years now, he has had a normal relationship with Woody and no interaction with Mia whatsoever.

Translation: He's in the Will.

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2020 4:33 PM

I agree that Allen isn't a frank pedophile, more likely an ephebophile who's attracted to teens. As such, it's possible he's had a go or two at younger children over the years, when he was quite sure he could get away with it. Certainly the record shows he has no conscience when it comes to familial or moral boundaries.

And no, I don't believe that Mia somehow convinced her daughter that she was molested, that's not how dysfunctional relationships with psychobitch mothers go. In fact, it's likely that Mia denied it as long as she was with Allen, because that's what psychobitch mothers do - holding onto the man who's keeping her career and ego going would have been her top priority. Typically when a small child is molested by a family member the mother goes into denial or blames the victim, they don't want to know, and they certainly don't want to make any sacrifices on the child's behalf. So I seriously doubt that a mother could convince a medium-sized child or teenager that they were molested when they weren't; if the simplest explanation is likeliest to be the true one, then the most probable explanation for Dylan's accusation is that they're true.

Which certainly isn't enough to convict anyone, in a jury trial or even the court of public opinion, but it's enough to make me feel completely repelled by Allen.

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2020 5:45 PM

R2 Can you expand on the specifics of what "inappropriate" meant in this case? You use that word a lot and one easily concludes that it means molestation but it could mean other things, so I'm curious.

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2020 6:10 PM

"I think Soon-Yi likes her independence and is supportive of Woody,"

I think Soon-Yi will do anything to become the Widow Allen.

There can be no other reason for the duration of their marriage.

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2020 6:22 PM

r39 Not Moses. Thaddeus Farrow committed suicide in 2016.

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2020 8:45 PM

[quote] I think all of us can remember creepy adults that may not have physically raped us, but who set off alarms due to their obvious lechery. That’s Woody.

"That's Woody." Glad so many people here on DL know these people personally, and are there in the thick of things to be able to know who is and who isn't telling the truth.

by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2020 9:22 PM

Does anyone else wish Allen would write a film (fictional or otherwise) about what happened?

by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2020 9:49 PM

He is SO guilty. Such a creep. I still love his movies.

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2020 9:52 PM

The OP is indeed, a troll. A particularly stupid one, too. "Woody Allen is innocent....I've done a simple research." Yeah, you're simple, alright.

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2020 10:50 PM

And that's exactly what Mia Farrow wanted everyone to believe, R43.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2020 12:55 AM

The cows called, they said to not wait up.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2020 1:12 AM

"Does anyone else wish Allen would write a film (fictional or otherwise) about what happened? "

There are those who say that "Blue Jasmine", which won La Blanchette an Oscar, is actually ALlen's take on the Soon-Yi and/or Dylan scandals. I haven't seen the film, but more than several people have said that the film is about an ex-wife has brought financial ruin on herself and her family and become a social outcast, because she ratted on her husband who was doing illegal financial stuff. And that Allen doesn't condemn the illegal financial stuff, but treats the wife's failure to support her criminal husband as something that's condemned by all the other characters and society at large.

If you've seen that movie, please comment on this point of view! Is it bullshit, accurate, or just one possible interpretation?

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2020 1:43 AM

Blue Jasmine seemed to be a thinly veiled Ruth Madoff. One of Allen's best movies. Worth seeing.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2020 1:46 AM

I interpreted Blue Jasmine as a twist on Mia. I don’t remover the details of the financial crimes but I do remember it was a cutting off your nose to spite your face kind of self-destructive mistake made by narcissistic, emotionally unstable woman.

by Anonymousreply 55March 10, 2020 1:50 AM

He's not innocent. Are you people nuts? Is there a cult of personality behind all the defenses of him like with Michael Jackson?

Humans are weird.

by Anonymousreply 56March 10, 2020 1:50 AM

Mia may be a nut job, but she was seriously provoked! What he did was unforgivable. I remember reading an article about it at the time, I think by Maureen Orth, and the line that stuck out for me was “nothing could have hurt Mia more.“ That said, I enjoy his movies, though the predilection for young women is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 57March 10, 2020 1:52 AM

Allegedly, he fondled her. They didn’t have a romantic weekend in the Poconos.

It takes a few seconds to touch someone inappropriately. So while Dylan never claimed to have been nothing but fondled, I believe he was capable of fondling her.

Woody is a self obsessed, narcissist. He has no zero common sense, decency, or the boundaries that go along with those characteristics.

The man wanted out. He was already fucking other teens, with or without Mia, and Mia knew this, being that she had threesomes with him and the 16 year old.

Mia was on high alert, because Woody gaslit her for years. He trolled her so viciously, that he casually left polaroids of Soon-Yo, at the “Y”.

That whole thing was the height of distasteful, shitty behavior. Allen cares about no one but himself, and his dick. He fucked her over in one of the worst possible ways, and she detonated. Understandably so.

That said, Mia should have sued him for child support, and moved on, protecting her children from scandal like this. This is a private matter. If she was too young to testify, then why drag the entire family through the mud?

Not a single soul in Hollywood or New York, sided with Woody, when he took up with his girlfriend’s daughter. It was HUGE, and everyone talked major shit, because they “knew” Woody.

This whole did he or did he not, will never be known, even by the two people there.

And here’s another thing. If he had not done it, the likelihood that she would have sought him out as an adult, were excellent.

Whatever Woody did, he treated his family like trash. He had a long career, and it’s almost over. Some you have to take out like the trash, and some, you leave alone, because it’s only a matter of time, and the time is sooner than later for Woody.

Hasta la vista, baby.

by Anonymousreply 58March 10, 2020 2:06 AM

Can you believe the whole Soon Yi scandal was almost 30 years ago?

by Anonymousreply 59March 10, 2020 2:09 AM

At least you were there, your opinion is irrelevant

by Anonymousreply 60March 10, 2020 2:17 AM

I interpreted Blue Jasmine merely as a retread of A Streetcar Named Desire, in the same way that Match Point was riffing on Crime & Punishment and An American Tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 61March 10, 2020 2:24 AM

Ugh 😑

After the day I had, I can believe pretty much any fucking thing, including time passing us by, as we spin on a rotational axis, right into our eventual graves.

That’s the thing about fucking others over. It means very little to zero to the people who fuck people over, and the people who get fucked over, are rarely ever justified in carrying it around forever. It means nothing to the ones who hurt their loved ones. So you have to toughen up, and realize that sometimes, you’re gonna come across a bad person. And sometimes, that person is your Dad.

Poor girl. No one ever really did right by her as a kid, and now adults tear her apart online. That has got to hurt. I feel so bad for her. At least she has Ronan. I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 62March 10, 2020 2:28 AM

R61 Blanche doesn’t have an ex husband and a bitter son. I guess that was just details for people who actually pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 63March 10, 2020 2:34 AM

Yes, he did. Dylan's statement that he said, "I have to do this" (perhaps a paraphrase from my memory) is too unusual not to be true.

by Anonymousreply 64March 10, 2020 2:38 AM

R53, I concur with R54, as well as R61 (Allen's variation on Streetcar with added details of giving Blanche an ex and a stepson).

[QUOTE]And that Allen doesn't condemn the illegal financial stuff, but treats the wife's failure to support her criminal husband as something that's condemned by all the other characters and society at large.

Baldwin's character is punished and goes to jail and we see the impact on two of his victims (Jasmine's sister and brother-in-law), as well as his son, so he's condemned for sure. I don't want to spoil things for those who haven't seen the film, but there's a twist towards the end of the film where we see how Jasmine self-engineered her downfall (not out of virtue but spite). The film basically focuses on the wife's feelings towards the husband and how she deals with them. She had reinvented herself and married into a superficial life, and she loses the plot when she doesn't get everything to satisfy her ego. We don't condemn her exactly for what she does (we maybe even applaud her indirectly), but why she does is it is more of her character flaw. She's actually an awful woman, but fascinating to watch. She's all about self-preservation, until pride does her in.

If Blue Jasmine is Woody's side of his story with Mia (which I don't think it is), then he would be arguing that Mia is self-destructive and nuts, but he's also evil and should be punished for what he did to his family and the world. But, I don't think it is. Allen chose to focus on the "Ruth Madoff" character because he just found her more interesting, and, of course, it offered a scene-chewing opportunity for Cate Blanchett. Blue Jasmine doesn't touch on the sexual abuse of a minor (real or imagined) either.

[SPOILER]Do these work here?[/SPOILER].

by Anonymousreply 65March 10, 2020 2:55 AM

r63, I said a "retread," not a "remake" -- Allen is taking the basic outline of Streetcar -- emotionally fragile woman goes to stay with her mousy sister and brutish brother-in-law -- and spun a new story around it.

by Anonymousreply 66March 10, 2020 2:55 AM

That “new story” mirrors the destruction of Woody and Mia’s family with blame being put mostly on the mentally ill Blanche character.

by Anonymousreply 67March 10, 2020 2:59 AM

Not *all* abusers act impulsively, there are some who are strictly “opportunistic abusers.” John Ramsey is an example of this. I would never have an opinion about this saga if all we heard was the Dylan abuse story, Mia flipping out, his response.

But what *has* formed my opinion are the many unusual behaviors Woody has apart from the story of Dylan. There are simply too many to list. Occam’s Razor. It is the totality of his behavior that seals the deal for me. As others mentioned, he was absolutely not cleared of any crime — that does not mean he is innocent. Who leaves photos of a teenager spreading her legs in a close-up of her vagina for her mother to see? NOT NORMAL on any level.

What’s also obvious is that like Jackson, Woody is hiding in plain sight. Having said all this, I’ve no idea if he abused his daughters, it’s quite possible (likely even?) that he knows the risk is too high now, or he simply might not be attracted to his daughters with Soon Yi. Abusers have all types of factors that influence their preferences, and many of them don’t make sense to normal people. While the majority of abusers are compulsive, some are not. It’s no different than serial killers who do indeed stop killing, like Joseph D’ Angelo or Zodiac etc.

And no, his behavior is not the eccentricity if being an artist — it’s simply the real-time shuffle of a guy who likes having sex with kids. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 68March 10, 2020 3:12 AM

OP, your "research" seems to consist of reading a blog post by a biased relative of his.

by Anonymousreply 69March 10, 2020 3:13 AM

R67,

[QUOTE]That “new story” mirrors the destruction of Woody and Mia’s family with blame being put mostly on the mentally ill Blanche character.

The film doesn't absolve Hal's role, which, at the end of the day, was the most destructive. While he isn't the focus of the film, it's not forgotten. Jasmine never tells the son the truth (I don't think), but we see the impact of Hal's actions on his sister-in-law and her husband.

by Anonymousreply 70March 10, 2020 3:20 AM

Let me modify my comment in R70. It has been a few years since I saw the film.

"Jasmine never tells the son the truth (I don't think)" What I should have written was even though the son may blame Jasmine for her actions, the movie doesn't. We see what happens to Hal and there are no judgments there.

The fraud had already happened before it was exposed.

by Anonymousreply 71March 10, 2020 3:23 AM

It's really so weird to me that every time there's a negative Woody Allen story posted on Twitter that a bunch of the Woody Allen cheerleaders come out in droves to fight with anyone who posts agreeing with the story. I honestly believe Woody's publicist who goes around stomping on anything negative posted about him.

This post reminds me of that.

I think Moses may have some ulterior motives to constantly stick by Woody's side and have interviews telling everyone that Woody is innocent. Money? Who knows.

It just doesn't ring true.

by Anonymousreply 72March 10, 2020 3:28 AM

Poor OP, you can tell that NONE of them took the time to read the article you added!

by Anonymousreply 73March 10, 2020 3:48 AM

"Even though Woody and Mia never married – and he never lived with us or even stayed the night at our apartment in the city – he would often come over around 6:30 in the morning, bringing two newspapers and a bunch of muffins. I would wake up before the others, and so he and I would sit at the kitchen table together for breakfast. While he read The New York Times, I’d grab the Post and go straight to the comics and word puzzles. We’d spend this peaceful time together before waking Dylan. He’d make her a couple of slices of toast with cinnamon or honey and be there as she ate her breakfast. He hardly seemed like a monster to me. My older siblings were all either biological or adopted children of Mia and her ex-husband André Previn. In 1985 Mia adopted Dylan. Two years later she and Woody had their only biological child, Satchel. At the age of 49, Woody seemed to delight in his new role of father. Mia had adopted me, her seventh child, as a single parent in 1980. In 1992 she successfully petitioned to allow Woody to co-adopt both Dylan and me, writing to the adoption agency, detailing what an excellent father he was. I was thrilled when Woody officially became my father, since he had already taken on that role in my life. We played catch and chess, fished, and shot hoops. As the years went by, Satchel, Dylan and I were frequent visitors to his movie sets and his editing room. In the evenings, he’d come over to Mia’s apartment and spend time with us. I never once saw anything that indicated inappropriate behavior at any time. Then, of course, the news of Woody and Soon-Yi went public – and everything changed. My mother insisted that we remove both of them from our lives, and we had no choice but to accept. Even people who doubt Dylan’s claims of assault, often cling to Woody’s relationship with Soon-Yi as justification for their skepticism about him. The public attacks on Soon-Yi by complete strangers still stagger me, as does the general misinformation that so many people consider fact. She is not Woody’s daughter (adopted, step, or otherwise), nor is she developmentally challenged. (She got a master’s degree in special education from Columbia University!) And the claim that they started dating while she was underage is totally false. In truth, Woody and Soon-Yi rarely even spoke during her childhood. It was my mother who first suggested, when Soon-Yi was 20, that Woody reach out and spend time with her. He agreed and started taking her to Knicks games. That’s how their romance started. Yes, it was unorthodox, uncomfortable, disruptive to our family and it hurt my mother terribly. But the relationship itself was not nearly as devastating to our family as my mother’s insistence on making this betrayal the center of all our lives from then on. But the fatal dysfunction within my childhood home had nothing to do with Woody. It began long before he entered the picture and came straight from a deep and persistent darkness within the Farrow family. It was common knowledge in Hollywood that my grandfather, the director John Farrow, was a notorious drinker and serial philanderer. There were numerous alcohol-fueled arguments between her parents, and Mia told me that she was the victim of attempted molestation within her own family. Her brother, my uncle John, who visited us many times when we were young, is currently in prison on a conviction of multiple child molestation charges. (My mother has never publicly commented on this or expressed concern about his victims.) My uncle Patrick and his family would often come by, but those visits could end abruptly as Mia and Patrick would often wind up arguing. Patrick would commit suicide in 2009."

by Anonymousreply 74March 10, 2020 3:50 AM

"My mother, of course, had her own darkness. She married 50-year-old Frank Sinatra when she was only 21. After they divorced, she moved in to live with her close friend Dory Previn and her husband André. When my mother became pregnant by André, the Previns’ marriage broke up, leading to Dory’s institutionalization. It was never spoken of in our home, of course, and not even known to me until a few years ago. But, as I look at it – as a licensed therapist as well as an eyewitness – it’s easy to see the seeds of dysfunction that would flourish within our own home.

It was important to my mother to project to the world a picture of a happy blended household of both biological and adopted children, but this was far from the truth. I’m sure my mother had good intentions in adopting children with disabilities from the direst of circumstances, but the reality inside our walls was very different. It pains me to recall instances in which I witnessed siblings, some blind or physically disabled, dragged down a flight of stairs to be thrown into a bedroom or a closet, then having the door locked from the outside. She even shut my brother Thaddeus, paraplegic from polio, in an outdoor shed overnight as punishment for a minor transgression.

Soon-Yi was her most frequent scapegoat. My sister had an independent streak and, of all of us, was the least intimidated by Mia. When pushed, she would call our mother out on her behavior and ugly arguments would ensue. When Soon-Yi was young, Mia once threw a large porcelain centerpiece at her head. Luckily it missed, but the shattered pieces hit her legs. Years later, Mia beat her with a telephone receiver. Soon-Yi’s made it clear that her desire was simply to be left alone, which increasingly became the case. Even if her relationship with Woody was unconventional, it allowed her to escape. Others weren’t so lucky. Most media sources claim my sister Tam died of “heart failure” at the age of 21. In fact, Tam struggled with depression for much of her life, a situation exacerbated by my mother refusing to get her help, insisting that Tam was just “moody.” One afternoon in 2000, after one final fight with Mia, which ended with my mother leaving the house, Tam committed suicide by overdosing on pills. My mother would tell others that the drug overdose was accidental, saying that Tam, who was blind, didn’t know which pills she was taking. But Tam had both an ironclad memory and sense of spatial recognition. And, of course, blindness didn’t impair her ability to count."

by Anonymousreply 75March 10, 2020 3:52 AM

"The details of Tam’s overdose and the fight with Mia that precipitated it were relayed directly to me by my brother Thaddeus, a first-hand witness. Tragically, he is no longer able to confirm this account. Just two years ago, Thaddeus also committed suicide by shooting himself in his car, less than 10 minutes from my mother’s house.

My sister Lark was another fatality. She wound up on a path of self-destruction, struggled with addiction, and eventually died in poverty from AIDS-related causes in 2008 at age 35.

For all of us, life under my mother’s roof was impossible if you didn’t do exactly what you were told, no matter how questionable the demand.

The summer between first and second grades, she was having new wallpaper installed in the bedroom I slept in, across the hall from hers on the second floor of the Connecticut house. I was getting ready to go to sleep, when my mother came over to my bed and found a tape measure. She gave me a piercing look that stopped me in my tracks and asked if I had taken it, as she had been looking for it all day. I stood in front of her, frozen. She asked why it was on my bed. I told her I didn’t know, that perhaps a workman had left it there. She asked again and again and again.

When I didn’t give the answer she wanted, she slapped my face, knocking off my glasses. She told me I was lying and directed me to tell my brothers and sisters that I had taken the tape measure. Through my tears I listened to her as she explained that we would rehearse what should have happened. She would walk into the room and I would tell her I was sorry for taking the tape measure, that I had taken it to play with and that I would never do it again. She made me rehearse it at least a half-dozen times.

That was the start of her coaching, drilling, scripting, and rehearsing – in essence, brainwashing. I became anxious and fearful. Once, when I was given a new pair of jeans, I thought they would look cool if I cut off a couple of the belt loops. When Mia saw what I had done, she spanked me repeatedly and had me remove all my clothing, saying, “You’re not deserving of any clothes” and making me stand naked in the corner of her room, in front of my older siblings who had just returned from dinner with their father André. (After I spoke to People magazine in 2014 about how I was treated, Dylan called it a “betrayal” and said that I was “dead to” her. She later publicly dismissed my recollections of my childhood as “irrelevant.” This from a woman who now styles herself an “advocate for abuse victims.”)

Fighting back was not a viable option. One summer day, Mia accused me of leaving the curtains closed in the TV room. They had been drawn the day before when Dylan and Satchel were watching a movie. She insisted that I had closed them and left them that way. Her friend Casey had come over to visit and while they were in the kitchen, my mother insisted I had shut the curtains. At that point, I couldn’t take it anymore and I lost it, yelling, “You’re lying!” She shot me a look and took me into the bathroom next to the TV room. She hit me uncontrollably all over my body. She slapped me, pushed me backwards and hit me on my chest, shouting, “How dare you say I’m a liar in front of my friend. You’re the pathological liar.” I was defeated, deflated, beaten and beaten down. Mia had stripped me of my voice and my sense of self. It was clear that if I stepped even slightly outside her carefully crafted reality, she would not tolerate it. It was an upbringing that made me, paradoxically, both fiercely loyal and obedient to her, as well as deeply afraid."

by Anonymousreply 76March 10, 2020 3:53 AM

"In short, it was not a happy home – or a healthy one. Which brings us back to August 4, 1992.

Strangers on Twitter pose me this question all the time: “You weren’t there to witness the assault, so how do you know it didn’t happen?” But how could anyone witness an assault if it never happened?

As the “man of the house” that day, I had promised to keep an eye out for any trouble, and I was doing just that. I remember where Woody sat in the TV room, and I can picture where Dylan and Satchel were. Not that everybody stayed glued to the same spot, but I deliberately made sure to note everyone’s coming and going. I do remember that Woody would leave the room on occasion, but never with Dylan. He would wander into another room to make a phone call, read the paper, use the bathroom, or step outside to get some air and walk around the large pond on the property.

Along with five kids, there were three adults in the house, all of whom had been told for months what a monster Woody was. None of us would have allowed Dylan to step away with Woody, even if he tried. Casey’s nanny, Alison, would later claim that she walked into the TV room and saw Woody kneeling on the floor with his head in Dylan’s lap on the couch. Really? With all of us in there? And if she had witnessed that, why wouldn’t she have said something immediately to our nanny Kristi? (I also remember some discussion of this act perhaps taking place on the staircase that led to Mia’s room. Again, this would have been in full view of anyone who entered the living room, assuming Woody managed to walk off with Dylan in the first place.) The narrative had to be changed since the only place for anyone to commit an act of depravity in private would have been in a small crawl space off my mother’s upstairs bedroom. By default, the attic became the scene of the alleged assault.

In her widely-circulated 2014 open letter in The New York Times, the adult Dylan suddenly seemed to remember every moment of the alleged assault, writing, “He told me to lay on my stomach and play with my brother’s electric train set. Then he sexually assaulted me. He talked to me while he did it, whispering that I was a good girl, that this was our secret, promising that we’d go to Paris and I’d be a star in his movies. I remember staring at that toy train, focusing on it as it traveled in its circle around the attic. To this day, I find it difficult to look at toy trains.”

It’s a precise and compelling narrative, but there’s a major problem: there was no electric train set in that attic. There was, in fact, no way for kids to play up there, even if we had wanted to. It was an unfinished crawl space, under a steeply-angled gabled roof, with exposed nails and floorboards, billows of fiberglass insulation, filled with mousetraps and droppings and stinking of mothballs, and crammed with trunks full of hand-me-down clothes and my mother’s old wardrobes."

by Anonymousreply 77March 10, 2020 3:54 AM

"The idea that the space could possibly have accommodated a functioning electric train set, circling around the attic, is ridiculous. One of my brothers did have an elaborate model train set, but it was set up in the boys’ room, a converted garage on the first floor. (Maybe that was the train set my sister thinks she remembers?) Now, whenever I hear Dylan making a public statement about what allegedly happened to her that day when she was barely seven, I can only think of that imaginary train set, which she never brought up during the original investigation or custody hearing. Did somebody suggest to the adult Dylan that such a specific detail would make her story more credible? Or does she really believe she remembers this train “circling around the attic” the same way she says she remembers Woody’s whispered promises of trips to Paris and movie stardom (kind of odd enticements to offer a 7-year-old, rather than a new toy or a doll)? And all this apparently took place while those of us who promised to have our eyes trained on Woody were downstairs, seemingly oblivious to what was happening right above our heads?

Eventually, my mother returned with Casey and her newest adoptees, Tam and baby Isaiah. There were no complaints by the nannies, and nothing odd about Dylan’s behavior. In fact, Woody and Mia went out to dinner that night. After dinner, they returned to Frog Hollow and Woody stayed over in a downstairs bedroom – with, apparently, no abnormal behavior by Dylan, and no negative reports from any of the grown-ups.

The next morning, Woody was still at the house. Before he left, I briefly wandered into the living room and witnessed Dylan and Satchel sitting with him on the floor by a wall with a big picture window. The kids had a catalogue from a toy store and were marking off the toys they wanted him to bring back on his next visit. It was a cheerful, playful atmosphere – which would soon seem jarring compared to what Mia would allege happened less than a day before. Many years later, I once mentioned my recollection to Woody, and he said that he, too, remembered it quite vividly, telling me how he had told Satchel and Dylan to mark one or two toys each, but they had laughingly managed to check off virtually every toy in the catalogue. He remembers bringing it back to the city with him, with the intention of purchasing a few of the items they had checked. He told me he wound up holding onto that catalogue for years, having no idea that he would never see his daughter again.

Interestingly, it was only after Woody returned to the city that Mia would receive a phone call that would change our lives forever. It was from her friend Casey, who reported that her nanny Alison had witnessed Woody supposedly placing his head in Dylan’s lap on the sofa in the TV room.

When Monica, our long-term nanny who was out that day, returned to work the next day, I confided to her that I thought the story was made up. Monica, who had been with us for six years, would quit her job a few months later, saying that Mia was pressuring her to take her side and support the accusation.

It was Monica who later testified that she saw Mia taping Dylan describe how Woody had supposedly touched her in the attic, saying it took Mia two or three days to make the recording. In her testimony she said, “I recall Ms. Farrow saying to Dylan at that time, ‘Dylan, what did daddy do... and what did he do next?’ Dylan appeared not to be interested, and Ms. Farrow would stop taping for a while and then continue.” I can vouch for this, having witnessed some of this process myself. When another one of Dylan’s therapists, Dr. Nancy Schultz, criticized the making of the video, and questioned the legitimacy of the content, she too, was fired immediately by Mia. (My mother, for whom “loyalty” was hugely important, would also fire another long-term caretaker, Mavis, claiming that she was making statements against her.)"

by Anonymousreply 78March 10, 2020 3:56 AM

"During the custody hearing, my mother kept stressing how we needed to stick together as a family. Frightened and beaten down, I, too, played my part. I even wrote a letter condemning Woody, saying that he had done something horrible and unforgivable, and had broken my dreams. I even read the letter for the news media that were now regularly gathered at the end of our driveway, knowing that doing so would earn my mother’s approval. That public denouncement of my father remains the biggest regret of my life.

Later that year, I remember many meetings with lawyers and an evaluation I went to in New Jersey. I am naturally shy and kept quiet until I finally felt the need to speak up. I told the evaluator that I felt stuck between my parents. Afterwards, I returned to my school and my mother called, screaming. “Do you realize what you’ve done? You’ve destroyed my case! You need to call your lawyer and tell her you take back what you said, tell her that you recant your statements and want them stricken from the record.” I felt my stomach drop. When I next spoke to the lawyer, I repeated her words verbatim, “I take back what I said, I recant my statements and want them stricken from the record.” Again, the pattern held: I was forced to follow my mother’s script to prove my loyalty.

Even though she still lectured us about “staying together as a family,” at the beginning of my sophomore year of high school, my mother sent me to boarding school in Connecticut against my wishes. I objected that I wanted to stay in New York; she didn’t care. My usefulness in the family drama had played itself out. I had made my statement against my father, my role was done, and I was sent away.

At the time, of course, I knew nothing about the six-month criminal investigation conducted by the Child Sexual Abuse Clinic of the Yale/New Haven Hospital, ordered by the Connecticut state police. But since this allegation was renewed a few years ago, I’ve seen the results of that investigation. It specifically concluded that “Dylan was not abused by Mr. Allen,” that her statements had a “rehearsed quality” and that they were “likely coached or influenced by her mother.” Those conclusions perfectly match my own childhood experience: coaching, influencing, and rehearsing are three words that sum up exactly how my mother tried to raise us. I know that Dylan has recently referred to this brainwashing theory as “spin” by our father – but it was nothing of the sort. It was not only the conclusion reached by a state-ordered investigation, it was the reality of life in our household."

by Anonymousreply 79March 10, 2020 3:57 AM

"That report put an end to any chance of criminal charges being brought against my father. A second, 14-month investigation by the New York State Department of Social Services, reached the same conclusion as Yale/New Haven: “No credible evidence was found that [Dylan Farrow] has been abused or maltreated.” Nevertheless, when a judge granted custody of Satchel and Dylan to Mia, at 15, I chose the path of least resistance, and also stayed with my mother.

In my mid-twenties, shortly after I graduated from my master’s program, I felt that I wanted to reach out to Woody, and communicated this to Mia. I’ll never forget how happy I felt when I received her return email saying she would support it, understanding my need for a father figure. That happiness was short-lived. Less than 24 hours later, she reconsidered, and wrote back, saying that she forbade me from making contact with “that monster.”

Several years later, I became estranged from my mother, but it has taken years of self-reflection, professional help and support from those I love – and who love me in return – for me to appreciate the sad truth of my childhood and of what my mother did to my siblings and me. I am grateful to have awakened to the truth of what happened to us – but disappointed that it took me this long to get here.

Meanwhile, though, my father continues to face wave after wave of unfair and unrelenting attacks from my mother and her surrogates, questioning why he has been “given a pass” all these years. But Woody was not given a pass. Quite the opposite. Mia’s accusation was fully investigated by two separate agencies and charges were never brought. Mia reached the end of the legal runway after it was determined that the abuse never occurred. But trial by media thrives on the lack of long-term memory and Twitter requires neither knowledge nor restraint.

To those who have become convinced of my father’s guilt, I ask you to consider this: In this time of #MeToo, when so many movie heavyweights have faced dozens of accusations, my father has been accused of wrongdoing only once, by an enraged ex-partner during contentious custody negotiations. During almost 60 years in the public eye, not one other person has come forward to accuse him of even behaving badly on a date, or acting inappropriately in any professional situation, let alone molesting a child. As a trained professional, I know that child molestation is a compulsive sickness and deviation that demands repetition. Dylan was alone with Woody in his apartment countless times over the years without a hint of impropriety, yet some would have you believe that at the age of 56, he suddenly decided to become a child molester in a house full of hostile people ordered to watch him like a hawk.

To the actors who have worked with my father and have voiced regret for doing so: You have rushed to join the chorus of condemnation based on a discredited accusation for fear of not being on the “right” side of a major social movement. But rather than accept the hysteria of Twitter mobs, mindlessly repeating a story examined and discredited 25 years ago, please consider what I have to say. After all, I was there – in the house, in the room – and I know both my father and mother and what each is capable of a whole lot better than you.

To my sister Dylan: Like you, I believe in the power of speaking out. I have broken my silence about the abuse inflicted by our mother. My healing began only after getting away from her. And what she has done to you is unbearable. I wish you peace, and the wisdom to understand that devoting your life to helping our mother destroy our father’s reputation is unlikely to bring you closure in any kind of lasting way."

by Anonymousreply 80March 10, 2020 3:59 AM

"Finally, to my mother: One thing you always said you appreciated about me was my ability to listen. I listened to you for years and held your truth above all others. You once said to me, “It’s not healthy to hold onto anger.” Yet here we are, 26 years later. I’m guessing your next step will be to launch a campaign to discredit me for speaking out. I know it comes with the territory. And it’s a burden I am willing to bear.

But, after all this time, enough is enough. You and I both know the truth. And it’s time for this retribution to end."

by Anonymousreply 81March 10, 2020 4:04 AM

R72 Quite the opposite. He was there, unlike you and everyone else positing an opinion about Allen's guilt or innocence. His recollection is lucid, first-hand, and fact-based rather than hearsay. I believe Moses. I empathize with the hell he's been through in that family. And honestly, how dare you imply he's a liar?

by Anonymousreply 82March 10, 2020 4:05 AM

R82, Mia being a psychobitch and a rotten mother doesn't exonerate Allen. It's entirely possible for two opposing parties to be wrong, and basically, I think that both Woody and Mia are dreadful people and have done bad things in their lives.

My guess is that Moses is telling the truth as far as he knows it, but I doubt he knows the whole truth about the sex lives of any of his family members. That's something normal people don't want to know.

by Anonymousreply 83March 10, 2020 4:20 AM

R83 Sorry, but apparently, you can't read or understand what you are reading, there is no need to know the sex life of your family members in this case! You just refuse to admit you were wrong. Dylan LIED, Mia LIED, The experts said Mia and Dylan made up the whole story !!!

by Anonymousreply 84March 10, 2020 4:27 AM

Funny how nobody cares about the accounts of Mia attacking her disabled kids. I guess it comes down to (1) the victims weren't white (2) the abuse didn't involve sex. A bit hypocritical, what happened to believe the victim? One could make the argument that even Mia's misbehavior doesn't make Allen innocent. While that is true, it certainly complicates things a great deal. Because it raises the likelihood that Farrow is capable of planting an abuse story. The sheer level of dysfunction among the Farrow children is unusual, even accounting for pre existing health issues among the kids.

by Anonymousreply 85March 10, 2020 4:29 AM

"One could make the argument that even Mia's misbehavior doesn't make Allen innocent"

That is flatly true. One person being horrible does not mean that another is good.

Gawd, the MRA nutters who love Woody have arrived. They always do this, whenever some famous man is accused of sexual impropriety, they even support Harvey Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 86March 10, 2020 4:31 AM

R85 Exactly they don't care about Mia being an extremely dangerous abusive "mother"! Two of her kids committed suicides, she was beaten them but all they see is Allen!

by Anonymousreply 87March 10, 2020 4:35 AM

R86 You're insane! read the article damnit!!!

by Anonymousreply 88March 10, 2020 4:39 AM

R58 seems like the lunatic of the year.

by Anonymousreply 89March 10, 2020 4:56 AM

So Ronan Farrow real first-name is Satchel...Maybe he couldn't lie under his real name?

i'm not going to deny, i cried while reading this.

by Anonymousreply 90March 10, 2020 4:59 AM

R90 All of the children have had multiple names. Dylan was formerly Eliza and then Malone.

by Anonymousreply 91March 10, 2020 5:07 AM

Satchel, Eliza, Malone SINATRA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 10, 2020 5:10 AM

R91 omg... Why ? Mia was changing his names? she is scary!

by Anonymousreply 93March 10, 2020 5:13 AM

Mia Farrow should be in jail. She manipulated, abused, used and beaten up and traumatized all of her children

by Anonymousreply 94March 10, 2020 5:20 AM

AGAIN, Mia's behavior has no bearing on guilt or innocent.

It's completely possible for two parents to abuse their children independently, for different reasons, and in different ways. Raging against Mia Farrow doesn't help Allen at all.

by Anonymousreply 95March 10, 2020 5:30 AM

Ask Dory Previn about Mia Farrow. She wrote the song "Beware of Young Girls" about Mia. How she took her in, befriended her, then Mia helped herself to Dory's husband, Andre. She also wrote a song called "My Daddy in the Attack", about incest. Which oddly parallels Mia's story about Woody and Dylan....

Of course, you can't ask Dory. She's dead. But there's lots of info out there if you are friends with google.

by Anonymousreply 96March 10, 2020 8:36 AM

Moses was the older brother. At the time of the alleged molestation he was 14 y/o. Dylan was 7 and Ronan/Satchel was 4. Who would have the clearest memory of the events at that time?

by Anonymousreply 97March 10, 2020 4:53 PM

Fun Fact. Dory Previn wrote Helen Lawson's classic I'll Plant My Own Tree.

by Anonymousreply 98March 10, 2020 5:27 PM

"He was there, unlike you and everyone else positing an opinion about Allen's guilt or innocence. His recollection is lucid, first-hand, and fact-based rather than hearsay. I believe Moses. I empathize with the hell he's been through in that family. And honestly, how dare you imply he's a liar?"

Ronan and Dylan were also "there." And they say Allen is a perv. And it's perfectly fine to call Moses a liar, because no doubt, he is.

by Anonymousreply 99March 10, 2020 8:48 PM

r99, Moses states that both CT and NY officials determined that:

Dylan was not abused by Mr. Allen,” that her statements had a “rehearsed quality” and that they were “likely coached or influenced by her mother.”

Surely this can be easily confirmed? Why would he lie about something that can so easily be confirmed?

by Anonymousreply 100March 10, 2020 8:56 PM

"Why would he lie about something that can so easily be confirmed?"

Maybe because Woody Allen paid him a lot of money?

by Anonymousreply 101March 10, 2020 9:03 PM

R101 sorry but you sound really stupid

by Anonymousreply 102March 10, 2020 9:18 PM

R102, sorry but you ARE really stupid. Kissing Woody Allen's ass...now THAT is stupid.

by Anonymousreply 103March 10, 2020 9:23 PM

Jesus, do you Allen-defending idiots think that Allen would tell the young Moses everything about his sex life, or invite him to meet his teen side pieces, or let him witness attempts to molest his little sister?

I don't think Moses is lying, but there's no way that a teenager would know the whole truth about Allen, or absolutely everything that happened in his own family when he was young. That's how dysfunctional families function, everyone lies, everyone hides things, there are false faces and self-inflation and campaigns to convince other family members that victims of abuse are the ones at fault. And this goes x100 when there's a genuine narcissist like Allen involved, or sexual abuse of a family member. Narcissists don't just lie to the whole world, they lie to everyone they claim to love, they lie to their spouses and children and parents and lovers, and themselves. Their only reality is what they want to believe, and what they want make everyone else to believe.

by Anonymousreply 104March 10, 2020 9:34 PM

Interesting that you excluded Mia from your narcissism diagnoses.

by Anonymousreply 105March 10, 2020 9:37 PM

R103 thank you for proving me right, the Moses testimony is not about kissing Allen asses, it's about the insider eyewitness who was there during the whole thing, who is talking about HIS family, not yours! Why his testimony wouldn't be true ??? the judges updated Mia's lies, they too were paid by Woody Allen???? It is not surprising coming from people who wanted women to necessarily tell the truth and content themselves with popular trials on social medias, which have no legal value! Why choose a conspiracy theory rather than facts coming from an eyewitness, member of this family ?? Because it does not match with your agendas! The judges from two different jurisdictions, said they lied and i believe justice rather than a pos on the internets!

by Anonymousreply 106March 10, 2020 9:44 PM

"Why choose a conspiracy theory rather than facts coming from an eyewitness, member of this family ?? "

How much do you know about the sex lives your parents had when you were a kid or a teenager? Did they do oral, or anal? Was either of them cheating? Was your dad visiting whorehouses on his business trips? Was either parent molesting other kids when they weren't playing ball with you, or telling you to clean up your room?

You don't know, any more than Moses Farrow knows all about the sex life Woody Allen had when he was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 107March 10, 2020 10:30 PM

"Thank you for proving me right, the Moses testimony is not about kissing Allen asses, it's about the insider eyewitness who was there during the whole thing, who is talking about HIS family, not yours! Why his testimony wouldn't be true ??? '

NOBODY has "proved you right" you dumbfuck, least of all me. And it bears reiterating: Ronan and Dylan "were there during the whole thing" and THEY say Allen is a pervy liar. And they seem infinitely more credible than Moses. It's perfectly plausible that Moses Farrow would be lying. He's under Woody Allen's thumb. Just because love Woody Allen doesn't make him innocent.

by Anonymousreply 108March 10, 2020 10:56 PM

If there's a conspiracy theory here, it's saying that Mia somehow convinced Dylan that she was molested when she wasn't, and then several decades later after the events in question, convinced her to frame an innocent man. A man that Mia hadn't seen for 20-30 years.

Occam's Razor is on Dylan's side.

by Anonymousreply 109March 10, 2020 11:09 PM

Moses is a mercenary. He went where the money is - and face it Woody is a lot richer than Mia.

by Anonymousreply 110March 11, 2020 2:57 AM

I wonder what's going to happen to his career now.

by Anonymousreply 111March 23, 2020 1:25 AM

The morality of his films since soonyi is weaselly and self justifying - What’s wrong with it, everyone does it, it’s all bad, everything is relative, so what it all comes down to the same thing... he’s living with a lot of guilt. It makes his later films unpleasant to watch. Unless it’s a pop european city postcard. And a couple of those I’ve seen are boring.

by Anonymousreply 112March 23, 2020 1:36 AM

He got nominated for best actor for Annie Hall was it deserved?

by Anonymousreply 113March 23, 2020 1:38 AM

"I wonder what's going to happen to his career now."

Oh, he'll keep trying to have one. There's his stupid memoir. And he'll keep trying to make movies. He should retire already. But he'll never do that. I think a lot of people wish he would.

by Anonymousreply 114March 23, 2020 3:09 AM

I’ve stopped watching his films. His mendacity just annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 115March 23, 2020 3:49 AM

Here's an excerpt from a recent review of his memoir by Maureen Callahan:

No better time for Woody Allen’s blacklisted memoir to drop.

#MeToo? Who cares? We’re all about to die any minute now, and death is the only thing Allen has ever really cared about. It’s a leitmotif through his work, and this memoir is the disgraced 84-year-old director’s attempt to salvage his legacy.

Alas: Allen, unwittingly, has come to bury it.

This aptly self-described “Roach in Winter” has produced one of the most tone-deaf, disgusting, bitter, self-pitying, horrifically un-put-downable memoirs since “Mein Kampf.”

Where to begin? He all but accuses ex Mia Farrow of having an incestuous relationship with their son Ronan. He takes note of Mia’s “unnatural closeness with her son Fletcher,” but never thinks to alert anyone, let alone call child services. Does he later hear stories of Mia violently abusing her children? Yes, and it’s a real shame. Can you believe Mia had Ronan undergo painful surgery, which included breaking his legs, just to give him a little more height, “while I’m the one the judge sticks with a monitor”?

The injustice!

When Soon-Yi confides how much abuse she’s suffering, Allen replies, “When Mia tries to hit you, duck.”

Both Farrow and Allen are problematic people and probably terrible parents. But of the two, it’s Allen who moves through life with the detachment of a psychopath.

Allen’s go-to defense throughout this book is that he was “naïve.” A born-and-bred New Yorker, a prodigy who went on to work in Hollywood with complete autonomy for decades, a media-savvy navigator of his own image, just cannot believe how he got here. He’s denied every allegation Farrow leveled against him, but here concedes that yes, just once, he “might” have put his head on 7-year-old Dylan’s lap, “for a moment.”

Woody Allen has had his say. So has Hollywood, streaming services, the publishing industry, multiple actors who refuse to work with him, and the public at large.

We will never know what really happened with Dylan Farrow, but it’s safe to say that a middle-aged man who groomed his girlfriend’s teenage daughter and now boasts of “liberating” her like Nazi-occupied France is too creepy for polite society.

And with that, Woody Allen goes the way of Harvey Weinstein — not, Allen’s sure to say, that Harvey ever produced a movie of his. Allen, after all, has standards.

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2020 2:27 AM

R116 So based on that review, I'm meant to believe that the entire book is dedicating to describing his relationship with Farrow. Silly me in thinking that would be the least interesting part about Allen's life. However, it's clear this "reviewer" only looked to validate her own point of view, which is easy to do when all that's left is a he said, she said. Public figures with a lot more exculpatory evidence than Allen continue to be vilified by the Metoo stain so pardon me if I take this reviewers opinion with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2020 2:42 AM

If the quotes from Allen by that reviewer are true (and it's right to assume that they are) he does indeed sound like a psychopath.

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2020 2:55 AM

R118 He doesn't have to defend his behavior if he didn't do anything wrong. He does take responsibility for hurting Mia, which is all that is needed. Whether that makes you hate him or not, that doesn't make him Hitler. The reviewer sounds like a psychopath.

As far as I'm concerned, Woody's Op Ed from several years ago should have been the last word on the subject. This memoir wouldn't change the minds who are dead set on repeating their own narrative. I find it highly suspect that it's mainly fringe activists who have taken Mia's cause, with the majority either being neutral or pro Woody.

Again, the memoir wasn't meant to specifically address the allegations. It's meant to memorialize the life of a man with a career that's lasted decades. I find it strangely amusing that the review above focuses entirely on the allegations which have already been settled in public opinion.

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2020 3:05 AM

" I find it highly suspect that it's mainly fringe activists who have taken Mia's cause"

While the Incels and MRA crazies have all taken Woody's cause.

Actually, all the sane people have taken the "They're Both Horrible People" side.

by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2020 3:37 AM

He's a child molester because he put his head on his daughter's lap?! C'mon, folks. WTF? Regardless, most people here forget that he's an 84 year old man and that in his generation, calling CPS every time a parent hit a child was not the norm. In fact, hitting children was the norm. It wasn't until the last few years that our consciousness about child rearing was raised. Yes, he sounds like a Narcissist, but that doesn't mean he's a child molester or a psychopath. Get your labels right.

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2020 5:37 PM

"He doesn't have to defend his behavior if he didn't do anything wrong. He does take responsibility for hurting Mia, which is all that is needed. Whether that makes you hate him or not, that doesn't make him Hitler. The reviewer sounds like a psychopath.

When has he ever "taken responsibility for hurting Mia?." Woody Allen had insisted from the beginning that he he NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG. He affair with Soon-Yi? That was a mutually fulfilling relationship that happened naturally; nothing wrong about that. And of course he denies molesting Dylan and claims that it's only Mia's influence that makes her say he did. Woody Allen, judging by his actions, is a sociopath. He has NO conscience whatsoever. I think he and Hitler definitely have THAT in common.

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2020 11:22 PM

"He's a child molester because he put his head on his daughter's lap?! C'mon, folks. WTF?"

Uh, there's more to it then that. He would force Dylan to suck his thumb. He was seen rubbing his finger in the crack of her buttocks, over and and over, ostensibly to apply some kind of "lotion." She said he stuck his finger in her. And he was seen with his head, one article stated, "buried" in her lap. Obviously he was turned on by the little girl. How defensible is that?

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2020 11:27 PM

R122, I don't think having a long-term relationship with Soon Yi and denying that he molested his daughter makes him a sociopath.

Actually, you kind of sound like a sociopath.

Of course, since neither of us are licensed physicians, we do not really have the professional credentials to diagnose anyone.

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2020 1:09 AM

"I don't think having a long-term relationship with Soon Yi and denying that he molested his daughter makes him a sociopath.

Actually, you kind of sound like a sociopath."

A sociopath is someone with no conscience. Obviously Woody Allen doesn't have one, since he believes he did nothing wrong, and he most assuredly did. Actually, you kind of sound like a Woody loving idiot.

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2020 1:16 AM

You're all so sure of what you didn't see. You're even sure of that the evidence law enforcement did not find was there! Wow.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2020 1:45 AM

Nobody here know whether Woody Allen is for sure a Narcissist. Nobody knows what he did or didn't do, or with what intentions. Nobody here know one goddamn thing about Mia Farrow other than the rumors and gossip that have been disseminated by hundreds of others. Nobody knows how much of this is completely distorted. Nobody here has checked the evidence, probably just read about the evidence from third parties. But everyone draws conclusions based on their beliefs and experiences and has a firm opinion about what happened.

One thing I know for sure, I wouldn't want any of you as my jury because you're almost universally the most biased group I've ever had the displease of listening to.

by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2020 5:30 AM

All we have for sure is the public fact of him taking up with Soon-Yi, which was simply wrong. Nutty though Mia may be, she was seriously provoked!

by Anonymousreply 128March 26, 2020 12:59 PM

He took up with her, but it was not a fling, since they are still together decades later

by Anonymousreply 129March 26, 2020 1:20 PM

////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 26, 2020 2:43 PM

I admit Allen is a fascinating case for an Armchair Psychologist. His films seem to indicate someone who has depth and insight into other people, but his actions are that of a man with a clinical "lack of empathy".

Could a sociopath make a film like "Interiors" or "Annie Hall"? Or is he just a garden-variety Hollywood NPD case, making endless films about himself?

by Anonymousreply 131March 26, 2020 4:59 PM

Was just listening to a podcast in which someone described Mia as a "bitchy, calculated counterpuncher."

by Anonymousreply 132March 27, 2020 4:54 PM

Which podcast, R132?

by Anonymousreply 133March 28, 2020 3:50 AM

So many cretins here, as in every Allen thread.

My favorite stool sample here is R43.

The failure of the public education system is evident throughout, however.

by Anonymousreply 134March 28, 2020 3:52 AM

He needs to be in prison with Cosby and Weinstein. Joe Biden too.

by Anonymousreply 135March 28, 2020 5:02 AM

"He needs to be in prison with Cosby and Weinstein. Joe Biden too."

Oh, please. Biden is just physically demonstrative, touchy feely but in the way a sexual predator is. And God knows he's not a rapist like Cosby and Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 136March 28, 2020 7:51 PM

OP, I am with you on this.

And this is rare for me. As most of these men are guilty as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 137March 28, 2020 7:58 PM

Did you mean NOT in the way a sexual predator is...?

by Anonymousreply 138March 28, 2020 7:58 PM

Yes, that's what I meant R138. Pardon my typo. Biden is just a touch feely guy, annoying but harmless.

by Anonymousreply 139March 28, 2020 8:23 PM

Somebody posted this on another thread and I believe they might be onto something, a very interesting theory. Surprised it never occurred to me, or anyone else in the years I've been reading these threads:

"Am I the only one (gag) who thinks maybe Soon-Yi groomed Woody instead of the other way around? What better way to exact revenge on the woman you hate than to steal her man? She would have been well aware of Woody's interest in young women. And how did Mia find the pictures, anyway(s)? Well, I think Soon-Yi came out the winner here. She's kept a low profile and when Woody dies, she will be a relatively young, very rich widow."

by Anonymousreply 140March 28, 2020 11:38 PM

Oh for God's sake, Soon-Yi was not mentally equipped to "groom" anybody for anything. She was/is developmentally disabled. And she "hated" Mia Farrow? Well, that certainly proves that she's a bonehead. Mia Farrow SAVED HER LIFE. If not for her she'd still be eating out of garbage cans in Korea.

by Anonymousreply 141March 29, 2020 12:38 AM

" Soon-Yi was not mentally equipped to "groom" anybody for anything"

Really? How do you know that? Had you ever met Soon-Yi personally? Or did you just read one of the interviews Mia gave at the time? If I was mentally equipped but my adopted mother kept telling people I wasn't, I'd hate her too!

by Anonymousreply 142March 29, 2020 7:11 AM

R141, oh my aching sides...

by Anonymousreply 143March 29, 2020 7:17 AM

The truth hurts doesn't it, R143? Your aching sides are no concern of mine, Woody lover.

by Anonymousreply 144March 29, 2020 8:20 PM

"Really? How do you know that? Had you ever met Soon-Yi personally? Or did you just read one of the interviews Mia gave at the time? If I was mentally equipped but my adopted mother kept telling people I wasn't, I'd hate her too!"

Actually, the information about Soon-Yi not being very bright comes from a good biography of Woody Allen by Marion Meade. Soon-Yi is what some people call "slow." As for Mia telling Soon-Yi she wasn't "mentally equipped'...well, that sounds like infor derived from Woody's camp, which makes it highly suspect. At any rate, Soon-Yi Allen owes her very life to Mia Farrow. And if she "hates" her then that's definitely a sign that Soon-Yi Allen is not right in the head.

by Anonymousreply 145March 29, 2020 8:25 PM

Pedophiles and ephebophiles like to believe that they were seduced by their underaged victims, it's a way to avoid taking responsibility for their actions, and a way to make themselves feel loved. Society and sentencing judges never believe it, legally and morally, they hold the adult responsible.

Not that we'll ever know how old Soon-Yi was when Allen began taking an interest in her, but Allen's always made his interest in young flesh clear, and he'd known her since she was a child. Neither of it will ever admit it if anything legally dicey was involved, Allen will soon go to his grave insisting she was 21, and the future Widow Allen will have compelling financial reasons to protect his legacy and say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 146March 29, 2020 11:12 PM

>>At any rate, Soon-Yi Allen owes her very life to Mia Farrow.

OK, so Mia supposedly rescued her from Korea. How long does she need to go on being appreciative in the face of Mia Farrow's unrelenting instability and cruelty?

by Anonymousreply 147March 30, 2020 12:08 AM

Why can’t everything being said on this thread be true, all at once?

by Anonymousreply 148March 30, 2020 12:51 AM

"OK, so Mia supposedly rescued her from Korea. How long does she need to go on being appreciative in the face of Mia Farrow's unrelenting instability and cruelty?"

Shut up, Woody.

by Anonymousreply 149March 30, 2020 2:15 AM

When was the last time he produced anything important?

by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2020 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!