Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“The Invisible Man” Was A Lot Better Than I Expected

I just got back from seeing it, and it was pretty damn good! The final act was a bit messy, and I didn’t like the ending that much, but I loved Moss in the lead. This felt like a one woman show and she was incredible in every scene. I also loved the supporting actors in this, all of them, even Storm Reid, and I haven’t liked her in anything I’ve seen to date. She was so cute in this and I felt so bad for her. I didn’t like that she was always referred to as a “little girl” though. She was getting ready to go to college.

I like that they made it a suit this time vs the man being naked.

The Restaurant scene was shocking. I made a loud gasp when that happened. I was truly shocked (as was my theater).

I don’t get the people on here confused by a handsome and rich man like him wanting Moss. Not for nothing, not everyone marries for looks (and most that do end up divorced). He didn’t want her because she was stunning, It was because she was someone who was easy to control, manipulate and abuse. Everyone knows a gorgeous woman would have left his ass ASAP. He wouldn’t have gotten away with that shit because she could find another hot rich man easily, someone like Moss can not, so she will put up with it. Duh!!!! Come on people. An Angelina Jolie isn’t gonna deal with that shit. An Elisabeth Moss will.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 6:36 AM

PS I know there is a thread but i think it got PayWalled

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2020 3:41 AM

I saw "Seberg" and "The Lodge" and they were both good entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2020 3:43 AM

Saw this the other day. Fantastic film. Elisabeth Moss is Oscar nomination worthy. Felt the story was very well done and had you guessing what was going to happen. I enjoyed the ending...and yes, the restaurant scene made us all gasp out loud.

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2020 3:47 AM

Cohen was fine. He isn’t as good looking as many claim. He also seems insecure.

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2020 3:53 AM

I just rented this with my parents. I really liked it, so much better than Hallow Man, which had its own strengths. I was waiting for Moss to throw blood on the floor, lol. My mom liked it a lot, my dad thought it was stupid.

I really like the 3rd act. I had no idea how she was going to get out of that facility. The movie was a lot of fun. I had to adjust to the idea of her being pursued by such a wealthy hottie. I'm glad she even brings that up. Then I look at Mr. Facebook's wife and well, people have different tastes.

I was actually more shocked about the daughter getting hit than the knife. So many good moments.

by Anonymousreply 5June 5, 2020 5:35 AM

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 6June 5, 2020 5:38 AM

This was a stupid movie. Spray him with some Pam, for gods sakes. Or flour and water... are these people stupid. Moss was histrionic as usual. Cohen was almost invisible as per his usual too. The house was the star of this film, like the one that came before it, Sleeping With The Enemy. Surprise! Not

by Anonymousreply 7June 5, 2020 6:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!