Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

K-pop

It's actually pretty fun. I'm getting into it. Lots of gay baiting.

Give it a try.

"Um, OP, I'm not a 12-year-old girl." OK, Boomer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271January 11, 2021 6:26 PM

A lighter, super catchy song.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2020 2:21 PM

It’s music for children.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2020 2:27 PM

I use it for cardio often. Spotify.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2020 2:29 PM

Japanese pop is better.

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2020 3:39 PM

I enjoy the gay "skinship" (touching, etc.) the idols always engage in for fan service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2020 6:04 PM

They look hot but I'm still waiting for J-pop to make a comeback :(

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2020 10:18 PM

R1, those guys look waaay better than the fugs in BTS.

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2020 10:41 PM

I love how K-pop groups promote on reality and variety shows, and have lots of YouTube and live streaming (V LIVE app) content. It's fun and immersive.

This was a good one. They do anal swabs in this first episode in the course of getting a food handling business license.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 6, 2020 5:25 AM

Captions in English are available.

by Anonymousreply 9March 6, 2020 5:25 AM

The choreography is incredibly difficult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 6, 2020 6:34 AM

Trash loves trash

by Anonymousreply 11March 6, 2020 6:35 AM

R11, it's not trash. It's fun.

by Anonymousreply 12March 6, 2020 6:51 AM

R4, any suggestions?

by Anonymousreply 13March 6, 2020 2:16 PM

It's adorable and crazy catchy. Thanks op.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2020 4:49 AM

I don't think any of them will reach the level of Psy.

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2020 1:13 PM

Psy is the real thing. KPop is manufactured boy band stuff. Or girl band. If you liked Menudo or Backstreet Boys it’s for you

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2020 2:56 PM

So cute - The Boyz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2020 5:59 PM

Going through my Shazam list. I heard this in Vegas and it turns out it’s K-pop. Pretty catchy and cute. Amazing choreography.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 1, 2020 4:52 AM

Sorry meant to post this link. It’s damn cute and a nice escape.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 1, 2020 4:54 AM

Conveyor belt shit for kids with underdeveloped tastes.

by Anonymousreply 20May 1, 2020 4:57 AM

I never understood criticizing ANY type of music.

If you don’t like it, fine, but does that mean what you like is automatically “better”? R20 says it’s conveyor belt shit for kids with underdeveloped tastes. So what does one who enjoys this music have to leave it for that wouldn’t be conveyor belt? And what makes it better than just for kids?

And how does one get to the place where his tastes are developed instead of underdeveloped? Do I have to check with R20 and ask him if I pass the test? It’s just fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 21May 1, 2020 5:04 AM

R20, actually give it a listen if possible.

Also, it’s more than the music: it’s very immersive with multiplatform content and engagement (TV and YouTube reality shows, live-streams on VLIVE, variety shows, music shows (think American Bandstand), merchandising including albums with photobooks and lightsticks, fan forums, etc.). You really get to know thoroughly the material surface of their lives: where they live (their dorms), schedules, possessions, consumption habits including travel.

It’s can be a fun distraction.

by Anonymousreply 22May 1, 2020 5:07 AM

There are six “American Bandstand”-type shows.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 1, 2020 5:12 AM

This article has an overview of the impressive multiplatform immersion, including interactive elements (as in the live-streams).

[quote] K-pop artists offer more content than albums and music videos. Online concerts, reality shows, livestreams and more have all been produced for fans to watch voraciously. This seemingly endless content is even more appealing in the time of COVID-19, so I have compiled a list of some K-pop activities you can try to forget about the outside world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 1, 2020 5:16 AM

The group at OP last night on a competition show. Very impressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 1, 2020 5:28 AM

The most soulless music ever

by Anonymousreply 26May 1, 2020 5:52 AM

I don't think I'm drawn to any music that appeals to people because it's "cute". K-pop and J-pop strike me as soulless products cynically aimed at the female teen market - hence, all the shipping and sexless gay-baiting.

by Anonymousreply 27May 1, 2020 6:49 AM

Way too Hello Kitty for me.

by Anonymousreply 28May 1, 2020 6:54 AM

This is arguably the most significant piece in the last decade. Allusions include those to Ursula Le Guin, the Sewol ferry disaster, Snowpiercer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 1, 2020 6:59 AM

R26, do you have a degree in soul? Please tell us what the minimum level of soul is so that we can avoid soulless music.

Shouldn’t be difficult if you’re an expert in soul.

by Anonymousreply 30May 1, 2020 7:00 AM

One of the huge K-Pop stars is a young guy named Si-wan Im, he was in a boyband called ZE:A Five. He's moved into acting and I just did a movie he's the star of. He's a lovely guy and I think the film might get released here and could get some notice. It's about the 1947 Boston Marathon and is a Rocky/Cinderella type story. What's not to like!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 1, 2020 7:10 AM

[R30] Yeah I have a degree in soul. Music inspired, written, produced and sang by talented songwriters, artiste and singers instead of plastic soulless sugary pop drivel churned out by mega corporations sang by plastic soulless puppets who end up suiciding.

by Anonymousreply 32May 1, 2020 7:47 AM

R32, I think, has a chip on his shoulder about certain things.

R18/R19 - Soobin!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 1, 2020 1:49 PM

R32, why do you include Motown artists in your list? It's no different from K-pop companies.

by Anonymousreply 34May 1, 2020 1:51 PM

[R33] Gurl please, you must either be a tween girl who gets moist by watching these sexless twinks or a rice queen pedo with an Asian ladyboy fetish.

Gurl, I ain't got time to school you in good quality music. Use Pandora, Spotify etc to improve upon your shitty taste in music

by Anonymousreply 35May 1, 2020 2:35 PM

R34 Gurl there is a difference. Motown was an African American record label which revolutionized and had a huge impact on popular music whilst Kpop is just garbage produced by three mega companies in South Korea.

They are just a plastic copy of African American contemporary music like Michael Jackson , Chris Brown, hiphop

by Anonymousreply 36May 1, 2020 2:47 PM

So awful.

by Anonymousreply 37May 1, 2020 2:49 PM

Bless your heart, OP.

At least it's not Cardi B.

by Anonymousreply 38May 1, 2020 2:54 PM

[quote] Motown was an African American record label which revolutionized and had a huge impact on popular music

Someone doesn't know his/her music history! Yeah, don't believe sepia-toned biopics staring Denzel et al. Motown's huge impact was setting up a factory system, akin to Tin Pan Alley, but for African-American artists. The singers didn't write the music: in-house writers did (K-pop uses writers from all over, including those Swedes). The singers were scouted talent that the company plugged into its system to churn out groups and polished soloists, their images completely calculated and contrived.

Cf. Motown, Tin Pan Alley was revolutionary, in that it created an efficient system for synthesizing music. It was as revolutionary and artificial as Nutrasweet was for Coke. K-pop adds amazing visuals and choreography. Motown was just Pepsi with Splenda (another variety of pop music with a souped-up version of Tin Pan Alley's system plugged-in).

[quote] The black pioneers of rock-and-roll were not giving America unfettered race testimony or self-expression. They were giving America calculated entertainment in bright racial Technicolor. Rock-and-roll was show business. To secure a mass audience it had to appeal to young blacks across class lines: be funky but suave too; primal, then languid, then ironic. And it had to lure young whites across both class lines and the great racial divide: it had to be exotic enough to thrill them but familiar enough to make them feel at home.

[quote] No one managed this feat with more efficiency or more panache than Berry Gordy. He started Motown Records in Detroit in 1959, called it Hitsville and went on to generate an unbroken string of hit records, beginning in the early 1960's and extending into the early 70's, a decade when the youth culture was in flower.

[quote] Some black performers like Ike and Tina Turner and Etta James played rhythm-and-blues rock, with its aura of back roads and mean streets and rough sex. Others like Otis Redding, Wilson Pickett, Aretha Franklin and Curtis Mayfield played soul-rock, with its melodrama (I yearn, I burn, I cajole, I tease, I strut, I conquer, I beg, I weep, I curse) and its love of Latin-tinged beats and gospel phrasings. Motown groups like the Supremes, the Temptations and the Miracles drew on these styles. But they drew on the pop song conventions of Tin Pan Alley: streamlined emotions, stories told in crisp rhythms, clean patches of melody and neatly resolved rhymes and images.

[quote] ... Oh, please, Mr. Gordy, you want to say. You were the founder and ruler of Motown: you oversaw the invention of an American sound and style, you made millions of dollars doing it, you made and unmade careers as you saw fit. In your way you were as important as that other assembly-line autocrat from Detroit, Henry Ford. You have been revered, obeyed and imitated. Must you insist on being loved as well?

[quote] ... Ziegfeld proclaimed his follies a national institution dedicated to "glorifying the American girl." With equal canniness and equal grandiosity, Mr. Gordy called Motown "the sound of young America." He got it by standardizing the style of the American Negro Teen and colorizing the style of the American All-White Teen. And while it lasted, that sound was glorious fun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 1, 2020 3:34 PM

[quote] They are just a plastic copy of African American contemporary music like Michael Jackson , Chris Brown, hiphop

And that's not plastic? Please. How naive.

by Anonymousreply 40May 1, 2020 3:35 PM

R40 OK you can go back to sucking their egg roll dick rice queen

by Anonymousreply 41May 1, 2020 4:35 PM

Ok wokester

by Anonymousreply 42May 1, 2020 4:36 PM

BBC documentary. It was nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 1, 2020 5:13 PM

Gay club scandal - 4 stars.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 20, 2020 7:15 AM

K-popers are the most annoying stans you'll find. Kpop is irritating. Jpop is way more sophisticated even in terms of music.

by Anonymousreply 45May 20, 2020 7:20 AM

I like the combination of the music, dancing, image concepts, and music videos. The dancing among the boys in particular is excellent. That said, I do love this one from the girl group Twice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 20, 2020 7:38 AM

Does Bi Rain still perform?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 20, 2020 12:14 PM

Yet South Korea is still really homophobic.

There's nothing progressive in this music.

by Anonymousreply 48May 20, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote] There's nothing progressive in this music.

WTF...?

by Anonymousreply 49May 20, 2020 12:41 PM

[quote] OK, Boomer.

I'm neither a 12 year old nor a boomer, cunt

by Anonymousreply 50May 20, 2020 1:00 PM

Um, OP, Im not a 12 yrs old girl.

by Anonymousreply 51May 20, 2020 1:10 PM

Um, OP, Im not a 12 yrs old girl.

by Anonymousreply 52May 20, 2020 1:10 PM

OP, I'm not a 12 year old girl

by Anonymousreply 53May 20, 2020 1:17 PM

I made fun of this manufactured pop too, then I started watching in lockdown. I am a fucking fan now, the songs are catchy and there are some hot guy dancers. Watch EXO before you condemn it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 20, 2020 1:31 PM

Reading comprehension, R50-R53.

by Anonymousreply 55May 21, 2020 12:29 AM

For R54

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56May 21, 2020 3:28 AM

I'm not a Boomer, or a 12-year-old girl.

by Anonymousreply 57May 21, 2020 3:30 AM

Reading comprehension is important. So many morons don’t know how to parse language. 😂

by Anonymousreply 58May 21, 2020 3:37 AM

Pedo thread.

by Anonymousreply 59May 21, 2020 3:39 AM

For the life of me, I will never understand teenage girls who have crushes on these Kpop bands who look like girls. There is nothing masculine about their appearance. It's like they are emasculated.

by Anonymousreply 60May 21, 2020 3:42 AM

Soobin loves you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61May 21, 2020 3:42 AM

seizure inducing

by Anonymousreply 62May 21, 2020 3:44 AM

R60, part of it may be neoteny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 21, 2020 3:59 AM

R60.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 21, 2020 3:59 AM

Kai will fuck the faces of all the haters

by Anonymousreply 65May 21, 2020 4:07 AM

^^^ Mr. Kai

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66May 21, 2020 4:08 AM

This is what the high-IQ countries are listening to.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67May 21, 2020 4:13 AM

R67 is third generation. This is 4th, the current emerging generation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68May 21, 2020 4:20 AM

For the Kai fan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 21, 2020 2:29 PM

These fan-made stage mixes are so cool. What program do they use?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70May 22, 2020 2:13 AM

I need to find more 20-something groups, the teen dancers are too pedoriffic. Looking at you, BTS.

by Anonymousreply 71May 22, 2020 2:23 AM

Baekho from Nuest is my favorite Kpop guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 22, 2020 2:42 AM

R72 🤩 hes HOT

by Anonymousreply 73May 22, 2020 2:57 AM

Check our the Big Tiddie Committee. Baekho is a member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74May 22, 2020 3:17 AM

Why are there always like 20 guys in each k-pop group?

by Anonymousreply 75May 22, 2020 3:19 AM

Here’s a selection of male idols.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 22, 2020 3:20 AM

R75, it’s more like 5 to 10. It casts a wider net: the more members, the more likely a prospective fan will find one whom they really like.

by Anonymousreply 77May 22, 2020 3:22 AM

That fan clip - that could not have been easy - unless each show they were on used the same camera angles for everything. the transitions are almost perfect.

by Anonymousreply 78May 22, 2020 3:24 AM

R71, perhaps Monsta X.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79May 22, 2020 3:36 AM

Nothing can make them interesting.

by Anonymousreply 80May 22, 2020 3:46 AM

I really like the survival shows. 100 girls/boys whittled down to create a new group. The opening numbers are great. The stage design is amazing.

This has all the opening numbers from Produce Korea, Japan, and China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81May 22, 2020 3:51 AM

They're so beautifully androgynous.

You know they all have smooth hairless bodies with the exception of their wiry pubes and squeaky clean buttholes!

by Anonymousreply 82May 22, 2020 3:57 AM

R82, pretty sure they're lasering a lot more down there now. I love that they're genetically incapable of having conventional BO (cf. eating too much picked stuff).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83May 22, 2020 2:05 PM

Vox: A beginner’s guide to K-pop

Why you should be listening — and watching and dancing — to the vast, immersive landscape of Korean pop music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84May 22, 2020 2:08 PM

I guess most Americans don't give a fuck about Kpop and this thread proves it. What? 84 replies in 5 weeks

by Anonymousreply 85May 22, 2020 4:06 PM

The latest big deal competition show, Road to Kingdom. Pretty spectacular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86May 22, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]I never understood criticizing ANY type of music.

It's not music. The auditory equivalent of a pop tart.

by Anonymousreply 87May 22, 2020 4:27 PM

R87, that’s all pop music. There’s more to it than the audio, actually. The dancing is often amazing, as are the visual aspects, including the videos and performances.

by Anonymousreply 88May 22, 2020 4:29 PM

MTE, r2.

K-Pop and a lot of South Korean entertainment in general these days, is very Ottoman.

by Anonymousreply 89May 22, 2020 4:42 PM

Can you be any more opaque, R89.

by Anonymousreply 90May 22, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote] Also, it’s more than the music: it’s very immersive with multiplatform content and engagement (TV and YouTube reality shows, live-streams on VLIVE, variety shows, music shows (think American Bandstand), merchandising including albums with photobooks and lightsticks, fan forums, etc.). You really get to know thoroughly the material surface of their lives: where they live (their dorms), schedules, possessions, consumption habits including travel.

Reminds of *NSYNC fandom, only 100 times more creepy & intrusive. No wonder these poor little dancing dolls all top themselves or end up lobotomised.

by Anonymousreply 91May 22, 2020 8:18 PM

OP, you’re basic and that’s ok. However many of us here are typically SUBculturally gay, meaning we demand a certain degree of gritty emotion, messy bloody theatrics, high-camp and conceptual costumery in our pop - more than drone-like immaculate trendy Asian chart-toppers can provide.

Visual-Kei was and is an Asian musical style designed by and for the outsiders in LGB. Musically, a loose equivalent to Western Goth-rock stirred with elements of gay-club Industrial, Neoclassical & operatic Metal; visually, Baroque in a glam-punk style.

If one is unmoved by Malice Mizer’a ‘Le Ciel’, one must question whether one is in fact actually gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92May 22, 2020 8:31 PM

R46 I SECOND TWIIIIIIICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93May 22, 2020 8:33 PM

New Blackpink album in June. Gaga has a song with them I think.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94May 22, 2020 9:52 PM

Cuties. The good song starts at 1:00.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95May 22, 2020 10:21 PM

Cuties?? They look under 12. Is this a pedo thread?

by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2020 3:50 PM

R96, East Asians age differently: R63, R64. They’re adults in their early 20s.

That said, calling even those underage “cute” is by default innocent. Calling someone underage “hot” isn’t.

by Anonymousreply 97May 24, 2020 1:45 AM

Dyed hair, plastic surgery, makeup and robo-pop. Fascinating (and not in a good way).

by Anonymousreply 98May 24, 2020 1:59 AM

I like the black masks they always wear. I’m ordering some on eBay from Korea.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99May 24, 2020 4:48 AM

Gave it a chance for a couple of years in College, but then Jonghyun & Sulli both killed themselves in quick succession and the whole thing felt distasteful. I don’t feel I’m missing much as I’ve always been more comfortable listening to genres of music composed and performed by adults for adults, and with a view to longevity - in particular metal & folk - over pop.

It is still enjoyable to watch Victoria Song dance, I will admit. She’s Chinese and in her 30s, though, so is she cancelled?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100May 25, 2020 12:45 PM

OP is either a pedo or a tween. Most of the posts on this thread are from it. "Thanks OP" is from OP.

Kpop is a crappy music for little girls or pervs.

by Anonymousreply 101May 25, 2020 1:08 PM

I was suppose to go to the BTS show on Wednesday but Corona had to fuck that up.

by Anonymousreply 102May 25, 2020 1:24 PM

What's not to like? A bunch of good looking kids with catchy tunes, great style and perfect skin.

Also their music videos are far better than the lame shit american musicians come up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 25, 2020 1:28 PM

[quote] better than the lame shit american musicians come up with.

R103...does know that much of the music, production and presentation for these groups is handled by American & European writers/producers/designers, right?

If you were wondering what happened to all those people working in the resurgent years of commercial Western pop & hiphop in the 2000s (all that rubbish you saw constantly on MTV-TRL), well, now you know. In Art you often must go where the commissions are, regrettably.

by Anonymousreply 104May 25, 2020 2:40 PM

[quote] better than the lame shit american musicians come up with.

R103...does know that much of the music, production and presentation for these groups is handled by American & European writers/producers/designers, right?

If you were wondering what happened to all those people working in the resurgent years of commercial Western pop & hiphop in the 2000s (all that rubbish you saw constantly on MTV-TRL), well, now you know. In Art you often must go where the commissions are, regrettably.

by Anonymousreply 105May 25, 2020 2:40 PM

Road to Kingdom’s been pretty fun. New episode on Thursday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106May 25, 2020 3:56 PM

The South Korean music industry might commission American/European directors/producers/photographers to make their music videos. But I am pretty sure the South Koreans have a saying as to how the music videos should look. American musicians tend to make videos where you see half naked women twerk to some lame shit.

by Anonymousreply 107May 25, 2020 5:05 PM

R100 Wing's version of Dancing Queen is way better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108May 26, 2020 2:05 AM

Twinky pixie music.

NO THANKS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109May 26, 2020 2:07 AM

All K-Pop boy bands sound like Usher reading an Asian restaurant menu to synthesized beats.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 26, 2020 2:10 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111May 26, 2020 4:16 AM

I'm kinda getting into BLACKPINK. I can hear influences of Katy Perry, Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, with the rap parts sounding a bit like Cardi B, Iggy Azalea and Niki Minaj.

Lady Gaga's Chromatica has a track with Blackpink. It would be interesting to hear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112May 26, 2020 9:47 AM

Queens of Kpop Girls Generation bitch!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 26, 2020 12:28 PM

Where are they manufactured?

by Anonymousreply 114May 26, 2020 5:38 PM

I like Asian men, heck I married one, but these look like little boys trying to be little girls. Music and dancing are really good but to childlike for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 115May 26, 2020 6:59 PM

They're homo-social (friends only with the same sex), and affection is OK. I like that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116May 27, 2020 4:26 AM

I think of KPop like musicals. There’s a lot of junk but the best ones shine. Everything’s scripted and melodramatic, with great dancing and catchy songs. You just have to find the right group for you.

by Anonymousreply 117May 27, 2020 4:32 AM

Subtitles. So sweet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118May 27, 2020 4:34 AM

Just one more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119May 27, 2020 4:37 AM

Burn the manufacturer.

by Anonymousreply 120May 27, 2020 1:55 PM

Bunch of homophobes. J-Pop is better.

by Anonymousreply 121May 27, 2020 2:16 PM

I’m not sure if the Blackpink-Gaga song is good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 3, 2020 4:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123June 3, 2020 3:21 PM

Very nice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 3, 2020 10:41 PM

I was unimpressed until R72. I could be persuaded to check this one out.

by Anonymousreply 125June 3, 2020 10:55 PM

Nakey

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126June 3, 2020 11:05 PM

NYC DLers, is this actually NYC?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127June 5, 2020 10:50 PM

My only interest involves the fact that their fanbase did something good when asshole white trash tried to make "#Whitelivesmatter" trend. Those K-pop fanatics took that bitch over and flooded Twitter; it was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 128June 5, 2020 10:56 PM

Any K -Pop fan knows BTS as the kings of the genre. One member named Suga just released a mixtape, under his alter ego Agust-D, that's trending on Youtube with over 70 million views in less than a week. It's a badass rap/hip hop fusion and Suga has swagger and flow. If he an CL teamed up, my head would explode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129June 6, 2020 12:50 AM

The stans are a formidable force.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130June 6, 2020 12:54 AM

This year’s top girl group song (so far).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131June 10, 2020 6:04 AM

Japanese Millennial twinks really ran so Korean Zoomer twinks could fly.

J-Pop was more melodic, casual and human than most K-Pop. The difference is similar to that between British & American pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 15, 2020 12:00 PM

I'm thinking R48 is right.

Any openly gay ones, if not, thank u next.

by Anonymousreply 133June 15, 2020 12:07 PM

Why does Suga look like a teenage girl in R129's pic?

by Anonymousreply 134June 15, 2020 2:22 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135June 16, 2020 6:19 AM

My favorite KPOP video at the moment. That Jinyoung is a cutie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136June 16, 2020 11:35 AM

Does anyone here know to watch that BTS Bang Bang Con concert? I guess it went live last night, but will it be available to watch anywhere now?

by Anonymousreply 137June 16, 2020 11:37 AM

They have some psychotic fans. I wish them nothing but the worst.

by Anonymousreply 138June 16, 2020 11:42 AM

I agree with the BTS fandom. Not worth getting into the group.

by Anonymousreply 139June 16, 2020 11:45 AM

I love the sensual idol who did that homoerotic theatrical dance concert about the dramatic fifteen-minute song about a lord samurai beauty dying to defend his liege Lord.

Oh no, wait, that was actually Kame-chan. Twelve years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140June 16, 2020 12:52 PM

R136, here’s a cover of a GOT7 song. It’s cute. They’re friends from performance school, all pretty famous for the “ ‘00 line”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 17, 2020 5:18 AM

Hyunjae is my bias right now. So cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142June 17, 2020 5:19 AM

More Hyunjae.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143June 17, 2020 5:20 AM

Weren't these guys universally fug-looking before going through surgery?

by Anonymousreply 144June 17, 2020 5:20 AM

From Road to Kingdom last week. So good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145June 17, 2020 5:30 AM

We have nothing like this. Amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 17, 2020 5:33 AM

Soobin

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147June 17, 2020 5:52 AM

Brilliant

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148June 21, 2020 5:14 AM

[quote]You really get to know thoroughly the material surface of their lives: where they live (their dorms), schedules, possessions, consumption habits including travel.

Why would I want to know this? Seek help, please.

by Anonymousreply 149June 21, 2020 5:06 PM

R149 is ignorant and limited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150June 22, 2020 3:27 AM

They're a force now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151June 23, 2020 12:15 AM

BTS just dropped their new MV for 'Stay Gold'. These guys are super cute. I'd like to know more about their skincare routine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152June 26, 2020 10:12 AM

Some pretty boys. Alas, they go for the androgynous look which does not interest me. Music is ok but all seem the same to me regardless of group or boy "singing".

With the kind of heavy dance routine, none of the boys or girls seem out of breath when singing which tells me most if not all are lipsyncing.

by Anonymousreply 153June 28, 2020 7:21 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 28, 2020 7:33 PM

R153, everyone knows that they're usually lipsyncing. It's a thing. The dances are too intense for them to sing as well.

by Anonymousreply 155June 29, 2020 4:42 AM

New from TXT. Soobin cries. Enormous budget. #2 trending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 29, 2020 4:44 AM

The survival show I-LAND from Big Hit and CJ E&M just started. Crazy building.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157June 29, 2020 4:54 AM

Look who's butthurt lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158June 29, 2020 6:22 AM

"Spring Day" brings so much comfort and hope. I listen when I'm sad, like so many others.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159June 29, 2020 5:17 PM

INFP Jungkook singing "Euphoria" at Wembley.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 160June 29, 2020 6:47 PM

THIS is how the West covers K-pop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161July 20, 2020 3:11 PM

R132 *dreamy sigh* I could watch Tak-kun dance all day. I miss 2010.

Wait, what were we talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162August 8, 2020 3:02 PM

^^And not forgetting Ruito-kun. He has more rhythm and flair at 30 then any of these K-pop kids...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163August 8, 2020 3:05 PM

Japanese music destroys Korean music. Japanese people are more liberal so they tend to be more expressive / creative. Koreans are super Christian so their music and other productions like for television or film tend to be kind of... trivial and soulless.

by Anonymousreply 164August 8, 2020 3:12 PM

R164 Precisely!

Plus we should hold Japanese performers in higher regard and push their creativity more than that of Koreans, if only for the fact that in Japan today they at least basically accept homosexuality (particularly Male).

Recent surveys suggest that now as many as 70% of Japanese will openly state they no longer take issue with gay people (as compared with just under half c.1990-2000), whereas only around 30% of South Koreans tolerate it (impossible to get a read on the North, for obvious reasons).

Why support the commercial exports of a country that wants you and people like you arrested, tortured and excommunicated?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165August 8, 2020 3:21 PM

I like how cute they are. The boy groups. Soobin is adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166August 8, 2020 3:43 PM

[quote] Why support the commercial exports of a country that wants you and people like you arrested, tortured and excommunicated?

Dear god, it’s not like that at all lol.

SK is as tolerant of gay guys and lesbians as, say, people in Northern Ireland or maybe rural Wisconsin or Minnesota: they’re not thought of much, if at all, and if they are, it’s more ambivalence or probably curiosity. No one in the mainstream wants them imprisoned or harmed. Jesus.

In SK, gay people aren’t considered special in the positive way they are in some places like wealthier parts of LA or NYC, but it’s not anything like Russia or India either.

You’re exaggerating the acceptance of gay men in Japan. If they’re so accepting, why doesn’t same-sex marriage have significant popular support?

It’s the same in South Korea and Japan: people are trying to make money and live their lives well. They don’t care much (or at all really) about matters related to gay people, the persecuted Muslims championed by progressives in the West, or trans people. They’re as ambivalent about them as we generally are about ... maybe vegans.

In any case, it’s irrelevant when it comes to pop music: not everything has to advance social change.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167August 8, 2020 8:50 PM

*possibly curiosity

by Anonymousreply 168August 8, 2020 8:58 PM

From 3 hours ago from Japan. Soobin!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169August 10, 2020 3:13 PM

Must be like crack for rice queens.

by Anonymousreply 170August 10, 2020 3:15 PM

Soobin-mania

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171August 10, 2020 3:17 PM

R146, that music is so obviously American-influenced. It sounds like our pop-RnB, more or less.

by Anonymousreply 172August 11, 2020 10:34 PM

R172, I meant we don’t have pop groups that put on that sort of production.

by Anonymousreply 173August 12, 2020 6:06 AM

You're right but I'm not necessarily complaining.

by Anonymousreply 174August 12, 2020 6:09 AM

Many of these K-Pop bands suffer monstrous abuse at the hands of the bigwig record executives. The recent suicides of two or more of these teen idols didn’t happen in a vacuum.

by Anonymousreply 175August 12, 2020 5:07 PM

R175, the more immediate cause of those suicides was bullying on social media.

by Anonymousreply 176August 12, 2020 5:13 PM

I think neoteny explains some of the appeal: the idols are so cute and soft-looking. I know most of DL isn't into that, though. They find Adam Levine hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177August 18, 2020 2:03 PM

R177 is that before Adam Levine decided to fuck himself over or before that?

by Anonymousreply 178August 22, 2020 1:35 AM

R178, what happened to Adam Levine?

by Anonymousreply 179August 22, 2020 3:18 AM

This group, GOT7 gets me hot and bothered. Perfect pop song that goes well with the incredible dance moves and smoldering looks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 23, 2020 12:33 PM

Talk about culture vultures 😒

by Anonymousreply 181August 23, 2020 12:35 PM

Thou doth protest too much . . . . . . .

👦 You're a twelve year old boy.

by Anonymousreply 182August 23, 2020 12:52 PM

Does anybody want to talk about Blackpink or any of these joyless k-pop groups?

by Anonymousreply 183October 21, 2020 9:31 PM

Let's be real; this music is similar to Western pop or rNb...except, totally inferior. They have to put all of their might into dramatic productions because the music itself is derivative trash.

I love South Korea but their pop music is objectively worse than that of other countries.

by Anonymousreply 184October 22, 2020 12:24 AM

I’m getting into Exo. I can’t believe this dance. The pelvic thrusts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 22, 2020 2:00 AM

Netflix has a new Blackpink documentary. It’s getting good reviews.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 186October 23, 2020 5:11 AM

Come at me, f(x) were/are the only truly innovative and musical SK 'girlband'. Then they died (well, one of them - RIP, Choi Jin-Ri/Sulli).

Confession: I have a physical copy of their 2014 album RED LIGHT, it's that excellent (and the follow up 4 WALLS in 2015 wasn't half bad, either). They have so many killer songs to mention; their infectious debut singles 'LA chA TA' & 'Chu~' changed the way I look at the sound and choreo of ensemble dance-pop, and the force of 'NU ABO' & 'Pinocchio (Danger)' a couple of years later hammered the point home. 'RED LIGHT' is completely out of this world, like aliens made an untouchable hit, and the same goes for 'MILK' and 'Spit It Out' from the same record. On a less serious note, I bump 'Hot Summer' on my playlists every July, I adore the sweet 'Pretty Girl' and 'Airplane' from 2013's PINK TAPE, and the fun and melodic banger 'Rum Pum Pum Pum' is always on in my place around Christmastime for good festive vibes.

Their video concepts ruled, too - so much more weird, energetic, dark, and creative than most of the other girlbands with their knock-off Pussycat Dolls/Girls Aloud/Little Mix schlock. The game changed in terms of visuals when f(x) did their thing, and it notices that groups to follow copied them slavishly. My entire life I've been a fan of many pop acts and studied a lot of dance moves, and I've never seen anything like the routines and moves that f(x) put together, especially not in the settings they chose.

If that weren't enough, the coolest thing about them is the creative control they took over their later material, and the risks they took with their sound and look against all advice that worked flawlessly. No-one thought RED LIGHT or 4 WALLS would work, and the group had to fight to get producers to cut it the way they wanted. In the end they split rather than follow SM's tyrannical and limiting directives. How many other pop behemoths out of SK have told the biggest entertainment company in the nation to fuck off?

Also I found out recently that f(x) recorded many songs from their early albums in Japanese as well as Korean, and that Luna was the singing voice for Gabriella for the Korean sub of HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL movies (she has pipes). Came to my attention also that Amber has a solo career doing English pop, which is so cool (singles from her 2018 album such as 'Closed Door', 'Lifeline', and 'High Hopes' are lovely); I think it shouldn't go unremarked that f(x) are the only SK pop act brave enough to include an obviously-gay member as a main member, as well as the only SK girlband with multiple members who can rap, play instruments, and speak other languages completely fluently (especially Chinese & English, which don't crop up much in other K-Pop, probably for nationalistic reasons).

Even now, I don't think anyone can touch what f(x) accomplished in their short decade together (or now, in their solo careers apart). The overhyped fan-friendly BTS are weak, compliant, dull men by comparison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 187October 24, 2020 2:40 PM

Wow, R187.

Did you know I wrote "Pinocchio (Danger)" to warn my son about the dangers of fire and termites?

It's true!

by Anonymousreply 188October 24, 2020 2:48 PM

Just found this interview from CBS This Morning (filmed back in January of this year), with former f(x) member Amber Liu. Amazingly, she is whistleblowing on the insidious pressures that SK entertainment moguls, agencies and music Execs put on their talent to maintain a punishing work schedule and a crippling inauthentic image; the pressure that ended up killing poor Sulli, in the end.

Amber courageously reveals the disturbing truth that she and her bandmates were forced to bleach skin, lose a dangerous amount of weight that led to developing eating disorders (she quotes that the most common conversation with her labelmates used to be, "did you eat today?" "no, I didn't, I'm on this diet where I'm only drinking water"), and even considered caving to the relentless pressure to get unnecessary and dangerous cosmetic/plastic surgery as young teens.

She also delineates the difference in the way that male and female groups are promoted and paid for what they do; according to Amber, successful female groups are expected to grab general public popularity if they want backing or good pay which causes ferocious nasty competition, while male groups do well with smaller passionate 'fandoms' and get preferential treatment by labels.

Talking about Sulli, she becomes very distant, morose, and tense. She must be inwardly heartbroken that the above led to the pointless tragic early death of her friend (the one who was close as a little sibling to her), and so furious with both the bullying 'fandom' and the Powers That Be. Her retrospective comment to Sulli's cruel critics, "people; just, let her live, let her be an artist, let her be an actress. Why is this a big deal? It's just a girl, living her life" had me teared up.

The whole industry is completely disgusting, and while some great pop floor-fillers came out it, I'd rather it all collapse if this is all it's about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189October 24, 2020 3:14 PM

Amber is an disgruntled liar. “Bleach” skin? Please.

by Anonymousreply 190October 24, 2020 3:24 PM

R190 what makes you say she's 'disgruntled', or even lying?

Amber left SM & the SK industry willingly, of her own accord. Though she was one of the older f(x) members and the group had disbanded, she was popular and high-selling and unique enough that she could easily have continued with her agency, but she said no.

And it's common knowledge that all across Asia, disturbing ideals of beauty have seeded a lucrative empire of cosmetic practises. What's rarer is someone who has lived with that reality coming forward to say how gross and absurb it is.

by Anonymousreply 191October 24, 2020 4:09 PM

Amber is so gross. I don’t know how she was cast in the first place.

They need to stop casting foreigners, especially those from the West. They’re not team players, and always want to be the center of attention, at the expense of the groups as a whole. All of them are neurotic trainwrecks who can’t endure discipline and order.

by Anonymousreply 192October 24, 2020 6:03 PM

Kai from EXO is super fuckable. Those hip moves go into another dimension:

by Anonymousreply 193October 24, 2020 6:12 PM

My favorite thing is watching the male talent go to pieces when Victoria gets within 10 feet of them. Bunch of drooling clowns lmao.

Didn't Eunhyuk say something rude to the press years ago about Krystal wanting his dick? Classic projection. He's just mad because Victoria wouldn't hop on it. Super Junior never did have any class, though I will give it them that they could really move.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194October 24, 2020 8:43 PM

R192 R192 so brave to out yourself - as a racist homophobe Nazi drone, who sees women as fuckdoll robots and doesn't think there's anything wrong with corporate abuse of artists & performers.

It's good to know who to block.

by Anonymousreply 195October 24, 2020 8:45 PM

Jesus, R195 is crazy.

I’m watching this. It’s relaxing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 24, 2020 9:38 PM

Global Opinions

China went up against a K-pop giant — and lost

Opinion by Arthur Tam

Oct. 26, 2020 at 12:37 p.m. PDT

Arthur Tam is a journalist and was formerly an editor at Time Out Hong Kong and Cedar Hong Kong.

Hell hath no fury like a legion of loyal K-pop fans scorned.

This month, K-pop group BTS accepted the Korea Society’s James A. Van Fleet Award, which recognizes the group’s role in developing goodwill between South Korea and the United States. By all accounts, it was a harmless event focusing on diplomacy. But then band leader Kim Nam-joon, better known as RM, made a comment about the tragedies of the Korean War, saying “we need to always remember the history of pain shared by the two nations, and sacrifices of many men and women.”

This immediately triggered the paranoia of the Chinese propaganda machine, which bizarrely interpreted the remark as an insult because there was no mention of Chinese lives lost during the war. State media flooded Weibo, WeChat and Twitter with misinformation and incited Chinese-nationalist sentiments while denouncing BTS, causing brands such as FILA and Samsung to remove images of the group from their Chinese sites.

Yet as the dust settles on the spat, it has become increasingly clear that China picked a fight with an enemy it can’t beat.

China’s relationship with Seoul has been strained ever since the dispute over THAAD, a U.S. anti-missile system deployed in South Korea. In addition, Chinese authorities have made it clear that they do not approve of K-pop’s representation of men and fears its growing influence in the country. China’s own pop culture development in the past decade follows South Korean entertainment’s aesthetic formula in certain ways: Chinese television stations remake their own versions of popular Korean variety shows, and young Chinese performers flock to Seoul in hope of being signed under a Korean record label.

By attacking, Beijing likely thought it could curb South Korean influence and reassert its own political importance in one shot. This was a grave misstep. BTS has become one of the most popular global acts with an extremely protective fan base. Its fan battalion, called the ARMY or Adorable Representative M.C. for Youth, has members across all races, genders, creeds, ages, sexualities and nationalities — at least several million of whom are likely Chinese, based on the group’s Weibo account. And K-pop has continued to grow in China despite pressure from Beijing.

When the Chinese government put an embargo on South Korean commodities in 2016 — including K-pop — because of THAAD, all of BTS’s music and promotional activities came to a halt in China. Nevertheless, its Chinese fan club was able to buy 220,000 copies of BTS’s latest album through a surrogate shopper and bring them into the country, breaking the record for fan purchases. For group member V’s birthday, Chinese fans raised $935,318 to not only support the band but also donate to charitable causes in the name of their idol.

So, when the Van Fleet Award situation erupted, Chinese nationalists were met with opposition not only from fans but also from regular Chinese netizens who were confused as to why there was a controversy to begin with. This forced state newspaper Global Times to remove some of its smear pieces on BTS and the initial online furor quickly died out.

Being challenged was not what Chinese authorities and state media were expecting. Unlike in previous spats — for example, with the National Basketball Association over comments by the Houston Rockets general manager, or with brands such as Marriott over their inclusion of Taiwan and Tibet in some materials — BTS was largely unaffected. Its record label Big Hit Entertainment is still sitting above its initial public offering price. And in the past few years, the group’s global promotional efforts have made them less reliant on China.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197October 27, 2020 3:29 PM

The Chinese government underestimated K-pop and just how emotionally passionate fans are for their idols and what they represent — an inclusive safe space that provides a comforting escape, especially in these pandemic-ridden times. This sentiment is not something the government can strong-arm into submission, like its failed attempts to subvert and strong-arm religion.

From a cultural standpoint, Beijing made a deeply unwise decision. As the demand for Korean pop culture increases around the world, China’s image continues to suffer. In the recent election to the U.N. Human Rights Council, China received the fewest votes ever since joining. And when a high-level government official such as China’s foreign ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian picks a fight with a boy band, the embarrassing spectacle goes against the image of invulnerability China likes to project.

If Beijing cares about its image, it could take a few notes from South Korea. Since the Asian financial crisis of 1997, the South Korean government has been generally supportive of the country’s creative industries. It understood the importance of art, fashion, music and culture for soft power. And now, big Korean music companies have harnessed their creativity for the perfect product: idol groups who are wholesome, affable and vulnerable, appealing to a global and massive audience.

When the old guard and red guard go up against a group of dazzling young men, it’s not difficult to see who the younger generation would choose to align with — if not now, than in the long run, as Korea’s cultural exports continue to find a larger audience. China can continue blocking BTS all it wants, but the band and the movement they represent are the best bet to win the culture wars in the end.

by Anonymousreply 198October 27, 2020 3:29 PM

How do American fans feel about K-pop idols from China spouting CCP propaganda on their social media? Conflicted, I imagine, given the 38th Parallel issue...

Lay, Kyulkyung, Sungso etc. are all Chinese idols who have favoured their home country over the SK groups that made them famous in order to make money and obey the CCP, have posted denials or distortions about the Korean War to their socials, and refused to integrate to their host nation. SK stans have signed petitions to ban these stars and others from returning to SK or rejoining their groups as active performing members. Is this too harsh, or is it justified?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 28, 2020 12:27 AM

R199, if pressure from the PRC government itself prompted their statements, then I can’t blame them. In the odd chance that their Korean companies, wanting to stay on China’s good side, instructed them to post, I wouldn’t blame them for that either.

If they felt pressure only from their Chinese fans to make a statement, and then did so on their own accord, I think that’s a mistake: if it were just the pressure from fans, they should have stayed silent.

If there was no pressure, but rather their own beliefs prompted them to post, well they’re free to do that (unlike China, South Korea is a democracy with free speech), but for their own careers and those if their groups, they should lie low, maybe skip the next comeback.

I think this should make the companies think more carefully about recruiting talent from China moving forward. It’s probably best to refrain from doing so. There’s talent at home, in Japan, etc.

by Anonymousreply 200October 28, 2020 12:44 AM

(Fun article about “the youth.” BTS, K-Pop stans are fighting QAnon and MAGA on social media.)

No One Fights QAnon Like the Global Army of K-Pop Superfans

BTS stans built the trolling blueprint for 4chan types, and they’ve proven they can disrupt it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201October 29, 2020 3:03 AM

Fun read. China can't handle K-pop and BTS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202October 29, 2020 2:39 PM

R180 sounds like a paid shill.

"Smoldering looks" ?

You outdid yourself there. That was a particularly lame and corny remark.

by Anonymousreply 203November 4, 2020 9:16 PM

R203 on blocking R180, I can see there is one crazed fantroll, who has posted over half of the responses to this thread.

Figures. It's not like fifty DL posters, or even thirty-five, could muster more than a passing interest in this topic enough to post vehemently and multiple times in its defense.

by Anonymousreply 204November 4, 2020 9:39 PM

I officially like some k-pop now though I am not familiar with many groups. I like CL’s latest releases especially “5 Star” and Blackpink’s How you like that?”

by Anonymousreply 205November 4, 2020 9:50 PM

R205, do you have Spotify? They have good playlists and streams for K-pop.

by Anonymousreply 206November 4, 2020 9:52 PM

I don’t r206. I also like this crazy song by the group Loona. They have about 100 members or so lol. I think the song is called Why not?

by Anonymousreply 207November 4, 2020 9:59 PM

R204, you'd be surprised how many non-Koreans become infatuated with K-Pop as a means of escapism from their pathetic and frustrated existences.

It's like when doughy, awkward Americans and Canadians are obsessed with Japanese anime even though they don't know the first or the last thing about authentic Japanese culture nor do they have any respect for Japan. It's insulting fetishism from fat gaijin losers and undesirables that feel entitled to a slender, graceful anime-style waifu.

The k-popper in this thread is the equivalent to an anime loser or yaoi pervert. I'll bet any sum of money that this person isn't Korean.

by Anonymousreply 208November 5, 2020 12:42 AM

Jesus. Why do you care r208?

by Anonymousreply 209November 5, 2020 3:10 AM

I don't understand what's sexy about this. Shit's way too choreographed and the girls look dead inside.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210November 5, 2020 3:51 AM

R210, that’s extremely rare in K-pop. Some weird girl group. Normally, 95% of the time it’s quite wholesome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211November 5, 2020 3:53 AM

R410, this is about as edgy that it gets. Seriously, that GIF is from some weird group of no-names, and they’re not even singing —some random guys are singing. Note how the poster had to search for it, and how others reacted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212November 5, 2020 3:59 AM

R205, this channel stands performances 24/7.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 5, 2020 4:02 AM

Some variety shows. Steaming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214November 5, 2020 4:03 AM

Exo with Cheeto and Ivanka.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 215November 5, 2020 4:04 AM

R211 sadly it's not so wholesome behind the scenes for most of them 🙁

by Anonymousreply 216November 5, 2020 4:14 AM

R216, they’re millionaires. Twice is huge. They’re fine.

by Anonymousreply 217November 5, 2020 4:20 AM

R209, they're hard not to notice. I wouldn't go as far as "care" because the type of fanatics in reference are lowlifes of the lowest order.

by Anonymousreply 218November 5, 2020 1:44 PM

R208, I think he was dumped by a K-pop or anime fan. It's triggering.

by Anonymousreply 219November 5, 2020 1:53 PM

R209, I think he was dumped by a K-pop or anime fan. It's triggering.

by Anonymousreply 220November 5, 2020 1:54 PM

There are so many variety shows. I'm watching this now. They're cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221November 5, 2020 1:57 PM

R219, R220;

That's wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 222November 5, 2020 10:10 PM

R217 millionaires? I don't think so. And money doesn't fix years of sexual abuse.

by Anonymousreply 223November 5, 2020 10:26 PM

Lol, R223, of course they’re millionaires. Twice? Absolutely.

You clearly don’t now anything about K-pop.

by Anonymousreply 224November 5, 2020 10:38 PM

For the poster who’s just getting into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225November 5, 2020 10:39 PM

Oh yeah I’ve heard that one. Thanks r225.

I like all the girls but I love Lisa. She is a scene stealer.

by Anonymousreply 226November 5, 2020 10:43 PM

R226, are you mainly interested in the girl groups? Any boy groups yet?

Itzy is a popular 4th-gen group. Blackpink is 3rd-gen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227November 5, 2020 10:47 PM

I just haven’t heard much of the groups in general. I only heard of Blackpink and a few others because of ONTD.

by Anonymousreply 228November 5, 2020 10:49 PM

The itzy video was cute. It’s interesting how these songs are just really unusual. I don’t know how to describe them. It’s certainly a genre unto itself.

by Anonymousreply 229November 5, 2020 10:55 PM

R226, Twice is one of the top girl groups. Give them a try. I’ll post their top songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230November 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Twice - “Likey”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 6, 2020 3:29 AM

Twice - Yes Or Yes

There are English captions available on all the songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 6, 2020 3:31 AM

Twice - Dance the Night Away

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233November 6, 2020 3:33 AM

Twice - Cheer Up

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234November 6, 2020 3:33 AM

Twice - What is Love?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 6, 2020 3:34 AM

Twice - Fancy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236November 6, 2020 3:38 AM

Aren't the groups part time prostitutes to big investors?

by Anonymousreply 237November 6, 2020 6:16 AM

R236 "Fancy" was one of the biggest KPop hits of last year, though I think it should have charted higher for Twice only reaching #3 in the charts. Here is boy group Stray Kids' take on it - though I still prefer the original Twice music video in all its CGI glory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238November 6, 2020 4:14 PM

R230 I would also add one of Twice's early hits, "Like Ooh Aah"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239November 6, 2020 4:21 PM

The Boyz covering "What is Love". Adorable, but you KNOW they hated doing it lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240November 6, 2020 4:24 PM

My favorite cover of a third-gen song by a fourth-gen group. "Call Me Baby" w/ the Boyz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241November 6, 2020 4:27 PM

I didn’t like any of Twice’s songs though I appreciate posting them. I think what I like about the kpop groups that I am drawn to is the Teddy Park influence. He has a certain style. CL says he is a big influence on her work.

by Anonymousreply 242November 6, 2020 6:19 PM

WHET G-Dragon who was supposed to breakout out of Big Bang and become a huge solo star.

by Anonymousreply 243November 7, 2020 9:57 PM

R243, it happened. He’s huge, but was away for two years and just finished his military service.

by Anonymousreply 244November 7, 2020 10:02 PM

G-Dragon is a bargain basement Leehom Wang.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245November 7, 2020 10:25 PM

Thanks r244. There are some photos where G-Dragon looks like he was starting to morph into a lesbian.lol.

by Anonymousreply 246November 7, 2020 10:51 PM

My favorite K-Pop video from the murderous girls of Red Velvet, with special guest stars Itchy and Scratchy of The Simpsons - "Russian Roulette"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247November 8, 2020 12:46 AM

Very nice performance from The Boyz.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248November 11, 2020 3:17 PM

Seventeen - Don’t Wanna Cry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249November 13, 2020 5:13 AM

Performance version

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 13, 2020 5:15 AM

It could be good. I mean we still fondly remember boy bands of the aughts. But the bois are so dull and vapid. It looks like an aerobics class attended by youth whose only exposure to music was Britney Spears videos.

by Anonymousreply 251November 13, 2020 5:21 AM

Seventeen are very cute. 🥰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 13, 2020 5:23 AM

Promo parody ads from Seventeen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 13, 2020 5:25 AM

The variety shows are fun and help you learn about all the members.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254November 13, 2020 5:29 AM

These boys are lesbians

by Anonymousreply 255November 13, 2020 5:39 AM

R255 = Boomer

by Anonymousreply 256November 13, 2020 12:35 PM

R255 likes guys like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 13, 2020 2:12 PM

R226, STAYC just debuted. I’m really liking it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 258November 18, 2020 3:59 AM

R247, do you like Psycho?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259November 18, 2020 4:09 AM

Blackpink’s debut single, “Whistle”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260November 18, 2020 4:16 AM

R229 - “Dalla Dalla” by Itzy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261November 18, 2020 4:18 AM

🥰🥰🥰🥰

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262November 19, 2020 12:05 AM

R259 I prefer Peek-A-Boo (below) to Psycho, not that I only like Red Velvet when they are being all murdery. I think Cookie Jar is one of their best pop songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263November 25, 2020 7:56 PM

R259 Red Velvet - Cookie Jar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264November 25, 2020 7:58 PM

There's good Korean music but it's pushed into the indie side like Standing Egg, Busker Busker, Akdong Musician and Coffee Boy to name a few.

They look like normal but still good-looking Koreans and have more soul and emotion to them too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265December 19, 2020 6:44 PM

Coffee Boy has nice songs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266December 19, 2020 6:46 PM

STAYC's So Bad is one of the best debuts in a LONG time. Killer song.

(G) I-DLE put out a great song today. Beautiful video!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 267January 11, 2021 11:39 AM

R267, I agree re Stacy. It's so good. I like the 80s synth: very nostalgic, like Stranger Things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268January 11, 2021 2:06 PM

*STAYC

by Anonymousreply 269January 11, 2021 2:07 PM

Itself “Wannabe” choreography video. This is the one with the shoulder move that everybody was buzzing about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270January 11, 2021 6:26 PM

*Itzy

by Anonymousreply 271January 11, 2021 6:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!