Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lady Gaga’s New Music Video: Stupid Love

She’s developed backward as an artist. So embarrassing!

I don’t like old hag Madonna but at least that cunt’s music videos are Art. Gaga’s latest one is just pure trash.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401May 23, 2020 3:10 AM

Gaga has morphed into Ariana Grande.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2020 12:14 PM

Hot garbage.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2020 12:16 PM

The song is really good but the video sucks.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2020 12:20 PM

OP = The feta smegma in Madge's receding gums and tooth gaps = Worse than Hitler.

"Art"? HA!

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Stupid Love. Stupid Video.

Gaga's earlier hits were mainly due to the work of Akon and RedOne. Since parting ways from them, it's become apparent she's not a good songwriter or an inspired creative force. She's a glorified performer.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2020 12:22 PM

Are we sure that isn't a parody video?? The song sounds very similar to Born This Way

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2020 12:23 PM

Looks like a knockoff Brooke Candy. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2020 12:26 PM

I am a fan of the older stuff. She’s lost it. This sounds a lot like Born This Way and the song doesn’t have a good hook. It sounds like mediocre club music. Its odd that she’s run out of things to say so early on in life but maybe she shit her whole was in the first few albums or it’s as R5 said.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2020 12:32 PM

Jefree Starr?

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2020 12:33 PM

R5, "Marry me." You are so spot on. Akon and RedOne ,make very creative videos with inspirational, energizing lyrics. That's why I initially liked Lady Gaga. This video is as awful as Brooke Candy's.

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2020 12:46 PM

Meanwhile, when Madonna was at Lady Gaga’s age now, she released iconic videos like Vogue, Like A Prayer and Express Yourself

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2020 12:48 PM

This chick has no idea what kind of artist she wants to be. I said it when it came out but I'll say it again--A Star is Born is a fluke in the same way The Fame/Fame Monster were. She's the most diffuse MAJOR pop star in recent memory. Katy, Rihanna and Beyonce all had more consistent success than she did. It's a miracle the media still gives her any attention.

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2020 12:48 PM

Since everyone's on to her, she's had to resort to copying herself. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2020 12:49 PM

R12 Beyoncé is officially done. Her last 3 albums flopped HARD. radio stations no longer played her music. She now relies on only touring to make money. Katy was also done long time ago

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2020 12:52 PM

R14, I don't disagree with you but those two men had more success in a given time frame than Lady Gaga did. Gaga had basically one huge album (Fame/Fame Monster) and 1 sort of big one and then was done until A Star is Born. Her career is incredibly diffuse, despite the fact that she was hyped more than any pop star since Britney Spears, maybe even since Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2020 12:57 PM

[quote] I don’t like old hag Madonna but at least that cunt’s music videos are Art.

Hi, Madge!

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2020 12:59 PM

When she got her outer thigh triangles lipo'd they forgot to do her stomach

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2020 1:00 PM

So cheap and absolute garbage. WTF she has already run out of ideas just within 10 years of her career 🙄

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2020 1:11 PM

R10: LOL! I prefer platinum for my ring and an extended courtship, thank you. It's nice to read that I'm not alone in thinking she was too often overhyped.

R12 is right. She's all over the place and full of affectations, which makes it hard to see a glimpse of her authentic self. I guess Madonna was also guilty of this, but her persona was more consistent and the cuntitude is not an act.

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2020 1:13 PM

R18, she ran out of ideas around 2011. The diffuseness of her career reminds me of Cyndi Lauper but Cyndi is far more genuine than Gaga is or was.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2020 1:14 PM

I haven't followed her career in years but I thought she was done with the crazy outfits and has become a more mature artist with more mature sound. I guess I was wrong. Of course I don't mind a catchy retro bop but this song sure isn't one. It sounds cheaply made and the video is a cringefest.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2020 1:22 PM

The song is perfectly pleasant and fine.

(Damning with faint praise intended)

My problem with the whole shebang is, as usual with her, the choreography. It's always that same herky jerky hopping around fast-forward vogueing that she's always done.

Time for something new.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2020 1:27 PM

I liked it. Those costumes are so creative and a great song.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2020 1:32 PM

Yes, the red garbage bags are especially noteworthy, though the neon jail suits are a close second.

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2020 1:36 PM

I watched this video for the first time while I was shitting.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2020 1:40 PM

There appear to be some odd special effects to the video, making her appear elongated...aka thinner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2020 1:41 PM

I will listen to it more and see how it goes. Am sort of loving Dua Lipa's sound a lot more at the moment with her 3 recent releases. I don't hate the video. I agree about the jerky dance moves. I imagine she is trying to appeal to her first fan base with this.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2020 1:42 PM

I think she has real vocal talent, but any song of hers I've found enjoyable has been a direct rip off of another artist's work. When she came on the scene having completely stolen the style and persona of Dale Bozzio, I never thought she'd last this long. But that was before getting schooled by her Little Monsters who think she is the second coming of Christ.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2020 1:50 PM

This video is pure Art. Mother of Monster is back and better than ever. She’s so knowledgeable and sophisticated and teaches us a lot about life. She’s the queen of this universe. Madonna can only wish to be like her

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2020 2:09 PM

[quote] The song is really good but the video sucks.

The song is good? No it's not. It's probably Gaga's most meh single. I don't mind her trashniness when it's Bad Romance but this song is no Bad Romance. Neither is the video, obviously. It actually looks lovely and crispy on a big TV screen with beautiful colors but when the content is such cheap, stupid and silly crap it means nothing.

I don't hate it. This song is too meaningless to really feel anything.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2020 2:18 PM

I could see her starting a cult

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2020 2:21 PM

I think I need a few more listens to make a yay or nay decision. It's not any worse than all the other garbage you're hearing these days. I heard the video was shot in its entirety on an iPhone 11. I think this is a commercial disguised as a video.

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2020 2:24 PM

It's got a good beat, but I can't dance to it.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2020 2:25 PM

The choreography is straight out of The Dandy Warhol’s ‘Heroin Is So Passé’ video, which was a parody on 1980s videos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2020 2:34 PM

She had a good run...but it’s over now.

by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2020 2:49 PM

That video screams: "I was done in a green screen studio!"

And that song screams: "I was written by a computer."

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2020 2:52 PM

[quote]She now relies on only touring to make money.

Touring and endorsements are the ONLY way artists make money today. Nobody sells albums anymore due to streaming, except for Adele. The major touring artists like Beyonce, Gaga, Ariana, Pink and Taylor are the only females making mega bucks today because they are big touring acts and can sell out arenas all over the world.

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2020 3:04 PM

Her early albums were style over substance, which is a shame because she is capable of writing and performing good music.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2020 3:23 PM

I didn't find the song to be that bad, but the video was completely unnecessary. I agree with a previous poster, it doesn't feel as though her music "evolves". It jumps from one type of thing to another, which usually makes an artist versatile, but doesn't come off that way with her.

by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2020 3:27 PM

r39, it comes off desperate. It's the "everything but the kitchen sink" approach to trying to say popular.

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2020 3:56 PM

The song is catchy like a jingle, but the styling is pretty bad and ugly. And GaGa dances like an 8 year old girl. Clumsy and deluded.

by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2020 3:59 PM

OMG, it's like her character from a star is born's shitty pop music. She had evolved so beautifully. GAGA, what you doing?

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2020 4:00 PM

But but but Lady Gaga is an Oscar-winning songwriter, where was Madge at that age? hshahahsha

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2020 4:01 PM

This is the [italic]Born This Way[/italic] music.

She just changed the lyrics.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2020 4:06 PM

Nobody sells albums anymore because no one produces albums worth buying anymore.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2020 4:08 PM

Isn't there some conspiracy that she killed a lady and literally stole her career?

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2020 4:11 PM

[quote] This is the Born This Way music. She just changed the lyrics.

And wasn't Born This Way a musical re-tread of Express Yourself?

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2020 4:17 PM

[quote] But but but Lady Gaga is an Oscar-winning songwriter, where was Madge at that age?

Madonna was at the end of her PEAK which started in 1985 and ended in 1992. Peak, as in Lady Gaga's lasted from 2009 to 2011.

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2020 4:18 PM

I heard and saw this about 10 years ago, yes?

Regressive.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2020 4:23 PM

"Reductive"

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2020 4:26 PM

Wow the video is just fucking cheap.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2020 4:29 PM

That is one of the ugliest videos I've ever seen. The choreography and set-up reminds me a lot of weird eighties videos (like Pia Zadora's and Jermaine Jackson's "When the Rain Begins to fall").

But the song itself (which is much better than the video) reminds me of 90s club songs like Sabrina Johnston's "Peace."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2020 4:39 PM

[quote]And wasn't Born This Way a musical re-tread of Express Yourself?

Express Yourself copied parts of Respect Yourself by The Staple Singers. Ray Of Light copied parts of Sepheryn by Curtiss Maldoon. Madonna's music video for This Used To Be My Playground ripped off Boy George's video for To Be Reborn. He was angry after seeing it and remarked: "This Used To Be My Video." Her Love Profusion video ripped off Billie Piper's video for Honey To The Bee.

She was successfully sued by the son of Guy Bourdin for copyright infringement because she duplicated many of his father's photographs for her Hollywood video.

Yes, Gaga is derivative and reductive. Madonna is, too. Madonna has been copying for far longer, doesn't get permission, and often acts like she came up with those ideas by herself. It's no longer an homage when you habitually appropriate other people's work without giving proper credit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2020 4:46 PM

I’m all for a return to big, Born This Way pop, but this ain’t it.

What was her last great hook? A Million Reasons?

by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2020 4:59 PM

R53 Wow. That wasn't sampling or borrowing. That was out-and-out theft.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2020 5:02 PM

R55, To be fair, Madonna did credit Curtiss Maldoon on the album notes in this case. But her fans act like she regularly farts original inspiration. The list of copying is long (see link below). I don't agree with everything said on that site, but there's enough evidence of her appropriation. She even copied the lines of a poem used in a Gap commercial for her song Sky Fits Heaven.

If she had started her career during the social media age, she wouldn't have gotten away with so much. It's karma that she's getting the backlash now.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2020 5:18 PM

Aw I liked it. I liked the video too. It's fun in a stupid way.

freak out freak out freak out freak out

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2020 5:26 PM

Gaga is now a respected actress, which is what Madonna always wanted most but never achieved. It must make her blood boil.

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2020 5:35 PM

The lyrics are awful, the video is cringy. I put it in the same category as JB's Yummy.

Gaga has a great voice and I love some of her old stuff but not this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2020 5:44 PM

Love the song. The video is corny.

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2020 6:05 PM

Hard to believe she's been around for 12 years now. They said she wouldn't last...

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2020 6:08 PM

Same bitter fags going on and on about how this woman is done, over, etc., and yet all she does is WIN. Must be a horrible existence to be so full of vitriol.

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2020 6:10 PM

R28 That vocal talent declined pretty fast. Her voice became very weak and old sounding lately. Depending on what she does in her personal life it could be her own fault.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2020 6:25 PM

R46

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2020 6:32 PM

[quote] Hard to believe she's been around for 12 years now. They said she wouldn't last...

I don't remember it like that--I remember people all saying she was the next Madonna.

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2020 6:43 PM

It seems she has combined the weird clothes she used to wear at the beginning of her career with her boring personality from today. I miss her weirdness from back in the day. It might not have been real but it was at least entertaining.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2020 7:00 PM

Gaga lasted not even 10 years. Madge is in her 4th decade

Gaga just doesn’t have the IT factor to stay relevant

by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2020 9:19 PM

I like the inventiveness of how each new single will be represented by a different color. Stupid Love is obviously pink.

by Anonymousreply 68February 28, 2020 9:58 PM

[quote]Madge is in her 4th decade

And the last 15 years of it have been marred by delusion and desperation for relevancy.

by Anonymousreply 69February 28, 2020 10:02 PM

I'm not a huge Madge fan but at least she managed to stay somewhat interesting and fresh for almost three decades. She only started repeating herself in 2012, when Give Me All Your Luvin came out; that song sounded like a lame remake of Beautiful Stranger. Her career hasn't been the same since and her albums since then sucked big time.

Gagz, on the other hand, has been in the spotlight for little more than a decade and it looks like she already ran out of ideas. Her first two albums remain the only decent stuff she's ever done.

by Anonymousreply 70February 28, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]Her first two albums remain the only decent stuff she's ever done.

That’s a matter of opinion. There’s some amazing stuff on BTW, Artpop and Joanne.

by Anonymousreply 71February 28, 2020 10:46 PM

Only her first album was good and it’s now clear that she was not the brains behind the creative direction..the music yes but the creative direction and imagery was all Laurianne Gibson. It’s crazy how much she influenced Gaga down to even her manner of speaking.

by Anonymousreply 72February 28, 2020 10:53 PM

The bitch ran out of ideas around the time of Born this Way. I remember being so disappointed when I saw the album cover. It looked like something that a little kid drew with MS paint. And then there was the music. The only huge song was the title track. The Fame and The Fame Monster had at least three or four huge songs each. I remember around 2011, there was a Lady Gaga Thanksgiving Special on (I think) ABC. It bombed. The public grew sick of her antics and she still hasn't learned her lesson.

by Anonymousreply 73February 28, 2020 11:13 PM

Artpop was an amazing album. Gypsy may be the best song she ever recorded. Do you what you want was great in spite of R Kelly's involvement. It was stupid of her to disown it. Joanne was a total snoozefest though. I played this new song 10 minutes ago and already forgot it. It sounded overproduced, her vocals sounded processed, and it didn't flow. Bad Romance didn't flow either, but the chorus saved it. Same with Applause. Gaga can't write good verses and her lyrics are deliberately obtuse. Even her best songs have weird things in them that don't stand up to scrutiny.

by Anonymousreply 74February 28, 2020 11:20 PM

Judas also had that awful spoken verse thing but a good chorus.

by Anonymousreply 75February 28, 2020 11:24 PM

Who choreographed this mess? It looks like they spent five hundred bucks on it.

by Anonymousreply 76February 28, 2020 11:33 PM

I watched it on the toulet

by Anonymousreply 77February 28, 2020 11:38 PM

In the era of Billie Elish, Post Malone, Taylor Swift, and the Chainsmokers, I have to admit that my taste in current music is no longer relevant. This song being #1 wouldn't surprise me in the least. However, assuming she is still making music for people like me, then yeah this is obviously inferior.

by Anonymousreply 78February 28, 2020 11:42 PM

Apparently gaga stoled her songs and style from a friend that was going to break in the industry whom committed suicide after gaga did that, it's why she was never able to replicate the success that was the fame.

by Anonymousreply 79February 28, 2020 11:47 PM

It's weird and people probably won't agree with me, but I actually do think Lana Del Rey also took away some attention from Lady Gaga. They both have contrived, weird "personas" and both started off with weird music video imagery, but unlike Gaga, she seems to be a chill person. And unlike Gaga, Lana has progressed as a songwriter and artist. Nobody can say Fucking Norman Rockwell is a step or two down from her debut. She also deserves extra points for threatening to beat Azealia Banks up.

by Anonymousreply 80February 28, 2020 11:52 PM

I really liked Artpop too. There was some dud songs on that album but overall I loved it. Can still listen to Applause, Venus and Artpop title track. I am hoping this is a blip and the album as a whole is better than this. I also liked some songs on Joanne- Perfect illusion, John Wayne ( I love) and Diamond Heart are all ace. She will produce some good songs in the future, she works too hard not to.

by Anonymousreply 81February 28, 2020 11:52 PM

Not sure why we're comparing her to Madge. Madge has no artistic integrity either.

by Anonymousreply 82February 28, 2020 11:53 PM

And Born this way only good for the title track? Marry the Night is ace.

by Anonymousreply 83February 28, 2020 11:54 PM

R79 was it her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 28, 2020 11:55 PM

The 2013 MTV Video Music Awards perfectly describe how forgettable Artpop was. Gaga was the opening act yet nobody remembers that. What EVERYONE remembers from that was Miley Cyrus grinding and twerking against Robin Thicke.

by Anonymousreply 85February 28, 2020 11:59 PM

I liked the entire Born This Way album. I listen to it more often than I do any of her other albums.

by Anonymousreply 86February 29, 2020 12:01 AM

I don't think she's every tried to recapture the Born This Way sound. Other than Gypsy from Artpop. Artpop was more like a sequel to The Fame and Joanne was its own thing. It looks like she's going back to the Fame if this new single is any indication.

by Anonymousreply 87February 29, 2020 12:03 AM

Artpop and Joanne were both fantastic. Gaga won a Golden Globe for acting and then went on to ASIB success. She was A List, but only as a singer. Then she went A List as both a singer and actor. She is at the apex of the Hollywood pyramid.

by Anonymousreply 88February 29, 2020 12:04 AM

I find it....reductive.

by Anonymousreply 89February 29, 2020 12:05 AM

R85 I love Miley. She is so talented and versatile in her clothing choice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 29, 2020 12:05 AM

I thought Venus was the only good track on Shitpop. I never even bothered with Joanne, because Perfect Illusion sounded so underwhelming (though I wouldn't be surprised if that was actually one of the album's weakest songs, because Gagz is pretty clueless when it comes to selecting singles from her albums).

by Anonymousreply 91February 29, 2020 12:07 AM

In addition to the ones already mentioned, I also liked GUY and Fashion from Artpop.

by Anonymousreply 92February 29, 2020 12:13 AM

R84 I don't remember I saw a vodeo on it back in 2012.

by Anonymousreply 93February 29, 2020 12:13 AM

Is she channelling Raquel's Space Girl Dance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94February 29, 2020 12:28 AM

[Quote] but the creative direction and imagery was all Laurianne Gibson. It’s crazy how much she influenced Gaga down to even her manner of speaking.

What happened between those 2?? Did she quit? Or did Gaga get rid of her?

by Anonymousreply 95February 29, 2020 12:41 AM

Interesting she's doing all this during an election year.

The message I see in it is 'oh man, all those conflict between SO MANY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE AND COLORS, for so long, let's hold stupidly hands and dance because its our only hope! Hey red and blue, stop fighting and love my candy pop!'. Insurance for anyone winning.

Maximum blandness though. Really reflects the worst of the 80s, as noted earlier here.

Some parts are catchy.

by Anonymousreply 96February 29, 2020 12:43 AM

It’s almost like she deliberately tries to make bad music. You listen to this song and see the video and struggle to reconcile this crap with the Gaga of The Fame. She was so game changing she ended Xtina, gave Beyoncé a run for her money, nearly gave Madge a mental breakdown (she still hasn’t recovered from Gaga)..where did that Gaga go?????? I think working with RedOne, Rob Fusari, Martin Kierszenbaum, Akon and Laurianne Gibson on The Fame is what made her a success and then it went to her head and she thought she alone was the reason for her success. The truth is she’s a great pianist and singer and a great chameleon but she has to be directed on image and given good songs.

by Anonymousreply 97February 29, 2020 12:52 AM

Isn’t it funny how videos look so cheap today even with all the technology?

by Anonymousreply 98February 29, 2020 12:56 AM

This is what happens when a artist believes their own hype. We get crap.

by Anonymousreply 99February 29, 2020 12:59 AM

Gaga's music was never any good, people just wanted it to be.

A post from her feed came up on my Instagram explore. I thought it was a draq queen or one of those gay guys who has an account about wearing makeup at first. She looks not well on it.

by Anonymousreply 100February 29, 2020 1:16 AM

REDUCTIVE is how I’d describe her. I threw up violently watching this trashy video

by Anonymousreply 101February 29, 2020 1:53 AM

Whoever said Born This Way only had one big single is sorely mistaken. I loved "The Edge of Glory" at first but radio overplayed it so much I wanna shoot myself every time I hear the chorus.

by Anonymousreply 102February 29, 2020 1:56 AM

I wanted to shoot myself after watching this video.

by Anonymousreply 103February 29, 2020 2:02 AM

R102, Born this Way was the only single on the album even close to being as huge as Poker Face, Just Dance or Bad Romance. The rest weren't huge at all. The Fame had Paparazzi, Just Dance and Poker Face. The Fame Monster had Bad Romance, Telephone and Alejandro. BTW just had the title track.

by Anonymousreply 104February 29, 2020 2:19 AM

It was filmed on iPhone, right? I got an ad for the video...before the video. I think it's decent, I need to listen to it a bit more. Seems like a return to form. Promising. Maybe we've heard it all before but it's a better lead single than Perfect Illusion.

by Anonymousreply 105February 29, 2020 2:31 AM

Gaga did fade fast and her hits aren't very memorable.

by Anonymousreply 106February 29, 2020 2:32 AM

R1 further proof all she does is steal from the best!

by Anonymousreply 107February 29, 2020 2:40 AM

I was really excited about hearing new pop music from her because pop music in general has been absolutely bleak for the past five years or so. Gen Z has the worst taste in music based on the type of tuneless crap that has dominated the charts in the latter half of the 2010s (I'm late Gen-X). That being said, I was hoping Gaga would deliver, but the song is really bad and completely bland and forgettable. The music video looks like something that would have been made in the early 2000s when a lot of pop music videos had that obviously CGI'd look to them and now look dated as hell. This already looks dated and it was just released. What a disappointment!

by Anonymousreply 108February 29, 2020 2:46 AM

Stupid Love song accompanied by stupid video. She has zero artistic vision or value whatsoever. 💩

by Anonymousreply 109February 29, 2020 2:54 AM

She hits a new low note. The choreography is out of this world 🙄

by Anonymousreply 110February 29, 2020 2:13 PM

Song is forgettable and why is she copying Ariana Grande’s dumb hair?

by Anonymousreply 111February 29, 2020 5:48 PM

This may come as a surprise to you, but Ariana Grande did not invent the ponytail.

by Anonymousreply 112February 29, 2020 6:51 PM

Did she ever actually write her own songs or music, or did she just put her name on it and take credit?

by Anonymousreply 113February 29, 2020 8:16 PM

R104 "The Edge of Glory" peaked at #3; "Paparazzi" and "Alejandro" peaked at #6 and #5, so it was actually bigger than a couple.

by Anonymousreply 114February 29, 2020 8:19 PM

R106 And yet you're still here talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 115February 29, 2020 8:21 PM

She has some really good songs such as Bad Romance, Paparazzi, The Edge of Glory. She reached her peak too early and has been irrevocably going down hill in the last few year

by Anonymousreply 116February 29, 2020 8:34 PM

I tried to see if I could name five of her songs. I was only able to get to three.

by Anonymousreply 117February 29, 2020 11:38 PM

How on God’s Green earth could a woman who in the last couple of years starred in a critically and commercially successful film in which she secured a Best Actress Oscar nomination for her performance, and who had a #1 soundtrack from said film in which she nabbed an Oscar, a Golden Globe and several Grammys be “going down hill?” Some of you people are just insane with jealousy, or just plain insane.

by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2020 1:03 AM

She's getting dragged for copying Ariana's ponytail.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2020 1:11 AM

R118, it's called a fluke. It is something that has defined her career.

by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2020 1:14 AM

Getting dragged for having a hairstyle that the woman whom she is accused of copying had no hand in inventing is the epitome of LAME.

by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2020 1:14 AM

Her shit is so tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 122March 1, 2020 1:19 AM

[quote][R118], it's called a fluke. It is something that has defined her career

No, hater, it’s called success. And it came on the heels of several other #1 album releases in recent history, multiple lauded Grammy and Oscar award performances and nominations (and Grammy wins), a highly successful super bowl performance, a Golden Globe win for her performance on a popular tv show, a critically successful documentary and several successful tours, not limited to but including her successful double Vegas residency. So you can go back over there, have a seat and continue to suck on that lemon.

by Anonymousreply 123March 1, 2020 1:20 AM

You have to give it to her, though. She's creative and a hard worker. And none of the other chicks (Katy, Ariana, Beyonce, Rihanna, Miley) could have come out with an album of standards with a living legend like Tony Bennett and then right after that release a country-tinged pop album that's dissimilar to what she normally does and have them both debut at #1.

by Anonymousreply 124March 1, 2020 1:26 AM

[quote] So you can go back over there, have a seat and continue to suck on that lemon.

Before Shallow, her last huge song was The Edge of Glory/Born This Way. That's like an 8 year gap.

by Anonymousreply 125March 1, 2020 1:29 AM

You bitches are just jealous of her success. You all can only wish you were as beautiful and talented as her.

#StupidLove debut:

16.73M US Radio 11.40M Pop Radio 6.75M AC Radio +9.5M YouTube views #2 Most watched videos WW Spotify 5.65M US Spotify 1.5M UK Spotify 345K #1 in over 68 countries (60 at the same time) #1 WW iTunes #1 US with 85% lead Praised by critics, general public & fans

by Anonymousreply 126March 1, 2020 1:33 AM

I miss Janbot now that Gagabot has arrived.

by Anonymousreply 127March 1, 2020 1:40 AM

R127, are you new?

by Anonymousreply 128March 1, 2020 1:44 AM

R127, what makes you think they are two separate persons?

by Anonymousreply 129March 1, 2020 1:44 AM

R128/R129, I guess I've only seen Janbot postng odd/falsified/half-truth statistics. Good to know they are out there doing that for Gaga too.

by Anonymousreply 130March 1, 2020 1:48 AM

Tummy McGee

by Anonymousreply 131March 1, 2020 1:53 AM

Once a queen, always a Queen. Love Live The Queen Of Pop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 1, 2020 2:12 AM

This is cute.

I’m glad I watched this for myself. You cretins ruin everything. Take a Prozac.

by Anonymousreply 133March 1, 2020 2:20 AM

I like the big girl in the group wearing black. Very Lizzo effect. She gets some camera time. Keeping up with the Lizzos.

by Anonymousreply 134March 1, 2020 11:57 AM

Emphasis on the stupid.

by Anonymousreply 135March 1, 2020 12:00 PM

The dawn of Lady Gaga. I did like her products earlier, but it appears that her time is simply over. Her career started by being pop singer with punk rebel soul. It was kinda great. Now it's just an ordinary pop and another 30+ singer with pink hair. I belive she knows her career is coming to an end, that's why she's actively developing her " acting skills".

by Anonymousreply 136March 1, 2020 12:11 PM

I enjoyed this single? Mainly because it’s a throwback to club music. The lyrics however are laughable

by Anonymousreply 137March 1, 2020 12:17 PM

R125, Applause did decently. Not nearly as good as Katy Perry's Roar which came out within a day or two of it, but it still didn't do badly at all. And Million Reasons did okay, but it did take quite a lot of pushing. She performed it literally everywhere (including the Superbowl, which was the final push needed to get it to #4 on the charts). Some of her fans actually nicknamed it "Million Performances" for that reason.

by Anonymousreply 138March 1, 2020 12:23 PM

[quote] Her career started by being pop singer with punk rebel soul. It was kinda great.

Her career started with this crap which was on The Fame album. It shows how they were trying different music styles to see what stuck. There's absolutely nothing punk or rebellious about this cringe fest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 1, 2020 12:29 PM

Pretty mediocre. She has never decided what or who she is. She has a good voice- not great- and has used it to be a Madonna like pop star, aping a Lena Horne chanteuse, and doing very fine Julie Andrews karaoke. She knows original talent when she copies it, but cannot find it in herself. She did a Streisand like turn into film but no follow up. What is she? With music buried in tech production and voices molded into auto tune tunnels I wonder if we’ll ever get another Joni, or Aretha, or Barbra. Talent and artistry are not that complicated- they bloom and with good management become greater. Madonna’s talent was the steady production of catchy pop and dance hooks- however she accomplished it.

by Anonymousreply 140March 1, 2020 12:38 PM

She can do it all!!

by Anonymousreply 141March 1, 2020 12:43 PM

R118 she’s a good actress, she’s very talented as a singer and pianist and is respected for being a hard worker. However she’s just not interesting as a person for us to care about her work. What is her personality? Celebrities need to have interesting personalities even if their personality is “crazy”. Gaga has no X factor although she pretended to have it. Female Celebrities with the Xfactor - Cher, Madonna, Janet, Kylie, Barbra, Beyoncé, Mariah, Whitney, Britney, Rihanna, Diana Ross, etc..these are people that have captured our attention. We’re interested in them outside of their music. We also love their music. Notice I didn’t mention Xtina or Jlo and Xtina has had great music and Jlo has had great relationships. And Gaga, as talented as she is, is not a good song writer. At least if she was producing Adele level music rather than 90s 00s gay derivative songs we could appreciate her music. I feel like Gaga May be an interesting person behind closed doors but it just doesn’t translate in front of people.

by Anonymousreply 142March 1, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote] You bitches are just jealous of her success. You all can only wish you were as beautiful and talented as her.

Yeah no one is jealous of Gaga and her success. If we had the chance to be any pop star we would pick any of the other more interesting ones regardless of Gaga’s singing and piano playing ability. She has zero Xfactor! After the fame, her success has only been the product of very strong collaborations ie. working with Ryan Murphy, working with R.Kelly, working with Tony Bennet, working with Bradley Cooper. She cannot have success on her own because in the immortal words of Kim K in reference to Kourteney, “she’s the least interesting to look at”. Yeah Gaga is not interesting at all!

by Anonymousreply 143March 1, 2020 2:15 PM

You Madge fans crack me up. Gaga is talented. She's not the biggest thing in the world anymore. But she she's still pretty cool and doing her own thing. Snap out of it.

by Anonymousreply 144March 1, 2020 2:26 PM

Who is this troll always insisting on other artists thread that Beyonce is a big flop. Lemonade was the best selling album of 2016 and won a Peabody award. Just because you don't hear her songs on mainstream top 40 doesn't mean they are flops. The fact that you only listen to those stations make you a fkin Mary. She doesn't need pop singles to sell records, just like many huge rock bands, and hip-hop artists. Furthermore Drunk in Love was a huge hit on the charts and in the clubs. All of her albums last decade were successful, and generated multimillion $$$ tours. Her success and influence cannot be quantified, especially by something as basic as number one singles.

by Anonymousreply 145March 1, 2020 2:38 PM

R145, I agree. Any unknown singer can get a viral hit single nowadays. Hit singles don't mean that much anymore.

You judge an artist's real success by how well their albums and concert tours do. Only a handful of artists today can sell albums and gross big bucks from touring. Those artists are your true superstars.

by Anonymousreply 146March 1, 2020 2:44 PM

R145 and r146 I agree Beyoncé may not be commercial anymore and doesn’t get number ones but her music is good to the point where I’ll listen to the entire album for weeks. Meanwhile, Rihanna is super commercial, getting number ones but still making good albums that I want to listen to in entirety for weeks. Why can’t Gaga work with good songwriters like Rihana does? You’re not rubbish if you make songs that you didn’t write. Madonna’s best songs particularly early in her career were written by other people. Gaga did one awesome album then thought she was more talented than she is as a songwriter. She’s not.

by Anonymousreply 147March 1, 2020 3:05 PM

I mostly ignored her after this because then it was clear that she was more about being "gaga" than producing memorable music.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 1, 2020 3:18 PM

I think this song sounds like new one but better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149March 1, 2020 3:34 PM

R148 ew I never saw or heard about that..I can’t press play. Argh she became a disappointment so quickly at least Madonna took 30 years to become a disappointment! No one in 2008 could have predicted Gaga becoming rubbish she had the entire industry in her hands. She’s no Amy Winehouse.

by Anonymousreply 150March 1, 2020 3:41 PM

R150, if she was Amy Winehouse, she'd be dead (but sober).

by Anonymousreply 151March 1, 2020 3:44 PM

What on earth is R142 on about? You didn't even answer his question. And I haven't seen Gaga speak in a while but back in the day she definitely had the "X Factor," during the Born This Way heyday.

by Anonymousreply 152March 1, 2020 3:46 PM

Please don’t bring Beyoncé in Gaga thread. She’s an academically uneducated person who was born with silver spoon in her mouth, who is so dumb that she needs an entire team of professionals to write music for her, to think for her and to tell her what to do. She’s literally an uneducated turd.

That’s sad thing is that she’s already become commercial irrelevance, and ugly and fat woman and she’s not even 40 yet. Rihanna is much more successful and beautiful than this turd.

by Anonymousreply 153March 1, 2020 4:15 PM

R153 lol you’re very confused since Beyoncé is a much bigger star than Gaga is or ever will be regardless of being uneducated. Ps. Nobody cares about the education level of pop stars..they’re not politicians.

by Anonymousreply 154March 1, 2020 4:21 PM

I have access to some ticket data and Madonna can sell higher end floor tickets at a higher price point currently than Beyonce but they're about on the same level. Gaga in Vegas is at a 1000 capacity place but people are buying some of the tickets at a face value much higher than Bey or Madge are looking at right now. Also, Beyonce is as dumb as a post. They keep her from doing interviews so people don't catch on to how dumb she is.

by Anonymousreply 155March 1, 2020 4:31 PM

R152 I continued to answer the question in r143. She’s going downhill because her success has been the product of great collaborations rather than solo efforts. I acknowledge that she’s a talented actress but for her age and given her meteoric rise, she’s simply not interesting enough to sustain a high level career. People don’t like boring singers or actors regardless of talent, you have to be commercial. Gaga is riding off the fumes of her early career success. We talk about her because we still remember the meat dress and the other weird shit she did and wore but in 5-10 years “The Fame” and “The Fame Monster” will be long forgotten albums and the little monsters will be 30 something’s who could care less about her.

by Anonymousreply 156March 1, 2020 4:32 PM

R153, That description of Beyonce can apply to Gaga, also.

by Anonymousreply 157March 1, 2020 4:40 PM

R157 Gaga is talented and can sing, though.

by Anonymousreply 158March 1, 2020 4:43 PM

R157 so true the interview she did with Oprah recently for ww was evidence that she’s very soon going to be like Mariah living in a fantasy world that nobody understands and unfortunately she’s not nearly as interesting as Mariah for us to join her for the ride to her crazy town.

by Anonymousreply 159March 1, 2020 4:45 PM

That's the thing about Gaga--she was interesting in her first year or two because we didn't know anything about her. She was this enigma who dressed wacky and made catchy pop music. But when we started to know more about her and she started doing more interviews, she came off as a pretentious twat. She tries soooo hard to be loved and appreciated. That is the real Gaga, forever striving to have something stick with mixed results. That's why she can't maintain a steady career the way Rihanna has or Katy Perry did for five or six years.

by Anonymousreply 160March 1, 2020 4:48 PM

R155 that’s funny since she did interviews for most off her (over 20 yr) career and only stopped doing them over the last few years..why don’t you turn of Kathy Griffin for a while and do something else.

by Anonymousreply 161March 1, 2020 4:50 PM

[quote] Also, Beyonce is as dumb as a post.

Meanwhile, Gaga by comparison is Einstein..that’s what people like about her..NOT!

by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2020 4:57 PM

Donatella from Artpop it’s one of her best songs okay

by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2020 5:05 PM

Also, there was that bogus back story she gave herself. In the era of social media, it was dumb to do that.

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2020 5:09 PM

[quote] Gaga in Vegas is at a 1000 capacity place but people are buying some of the tickets at a face value much higher than Bey or Madge are looking at right now.

That's not true. Beyonce's last two tours grossed far more than Gaga's recent tours. You're trying to compare ticket prices to a Vegas show in a small venue to tickets for a Beyonce stadium tour. They're not comparable.

Gaga will never be able to outgross Beyonce on a tour.

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2020 5:30 PM

Excuse me, but Beyonce doesn't have to deal with the debilitating effects of FIBROMYALGIA and PTSD!!!! Gags is a WARRIOR!!

by Anonymousreply 166March 1, 2020 5:41 PM

R155 don’t be ridiculous, seriously. Madonna’s current tour’s average ticket price is the highest every, almost $300 a pop. The most expensive ones are over $3000. Gag has never been a big touring draw and her ticket prices are average to low from 25 to 200

by Anonymousreply 167March 1, 2020 5:43 PM

[quote] Madonna’s current tour’s average ticket price is the highest every, almost $300 a pop. The most expensive ones are over $3000. Gag has never been a big touring draw and her ticket prices are average to low from 25 to 200

I already noted it's a small theater. But what I said is true. Lady Gaga's Vegas shows are pulling in more money per ticket than Madame X. On the resale market as well

by Anonymousreply 168March 1, 2020 7:20 PM

Ok, I'm officially hooked on this song. It's catchy as fuck, particularly the "Freak out Freak out Freak out" part and then that perfect pop chorus.

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2020 10:38 PM

R169 = Gaga. We don’t care and won’t care about it! Go freak out elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 170March 1, 2020 10:54 PM

It reminds me of her character in A Star Is Born when she was making shitty pop music to please those handling her career.

Really bizarre she would go in this direction.

by Anonymousreply 171March 1, 2020 11:05 PM

r160 Rhianna and Katy stayed in their lane (for the most part). They stuck with what worked for them over and over again until Katy did that horrible electronic album.

In comparison, Gaga is all over the fucking road. I think she thinks she has to keep up with the musical trend to be relevant and that just comes across as desperate.

by Anonymousreply 172March 1, 2020 11:09 PM

The song is disappointing but I still like her as an artist. Sue me.

by Anonymousreply 173March 1, 2020 11:11 PM

And btw its number 1 on iTunes around the world and has been since it was released. Its a hit!

by Anonymousreply 174March 1, 2020 11:14 PM

According to TV ads, the video was shot on the iPhone 11. Pretty cool

by Anonymousreply 175March 2, 2020 12:21 AM

[quote]According to TV ads, the video was shot on the iPhone 11.

It looked like it!

by Anonymousreply 176March 2, 2020 12:23 AM

It’s disappointing that a decade in career and she came up with this forgettable high school play piece of shit? She has come across really desperate to stay relevant.

by Anonymousreply 177March 2, 2020 12:26 AM

The song is a retread and everything about that video screams cheap. The smartest thing she did is cover her face for half of it - probably from shame.

by Anonymousreply 178March 2, 2020 12:29 AM

R172 I thought Perry's "horrible electronic album" was the best thing she's ever done. It was hardly a masterpiece but at least it didn't sound like something targeted at 10-year-old girls, like the rest of her music.

by Anonymousreply 179March 2, 2020 12:29 AM

R156 Whether she's had success with collaborations or not, it doesn't really matter. She still has been successful over the past few years. And Joanne (a solo album) even had a top 5 hit and a 100% sold out tour. (Yes, Madge fans, it was sold out but the European dates were cancelled because of Gaga's illness. Watch "Five Foot Two.")

by Anonymousreply 180March 2, 2020 12:45 AM

Gaga's, "Illness."

by Anonymousreply 181March 2, 2020 12:48 AM

The only song I ever liked of hers was LoveGame. That’s it.

by Anonymousreply 182March 2, 2020 12:49 AM

^Then your taste is for SHIT because Gaga has some serious club bangers.

by Anonymousreply 183March 2, 2020 1:04 AM

[Quote] and Jlo has had great relationships.

She has??

by Anonymousreply 184March 2, 2020 1:15 AM

The song is #1 all over the world. Haters, deal with it!!!

by Anonymousreply 185March 2, 2020 4:03 AM

You can have a shit song and it can still be #1.

by Anonymousreply 186March 2, 2020 4:05 AM

Thr Twitter gays seem to be liking it. Apparently the song grows on you.

by Anonymousreply 187March 2, 2020 4:11 AM

[quote]Apparently the song grows on you.

Like a foot fungus?

by Anonymousreply 188March 2, 2020 4:16 AM

It really looks something you'd see it a High School musical. Maybe she's trying to current with the kids. You know, the Hip Mom. "Look at me, I still got it". The special dance moves and bright colors that kids enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 189March 2, 2020 4:42 AM

I am not R169, but it is a catchy song and that part is so good! God, Madge fans are the worst. Can't you just like a pop song that's well crafted? Or not like it, but not because it's by Gaga.

by Anonymousreply 190March 2, 2020 6:16 AM

I feel that Lady Gaga must explain her self with this awful song.

I watched 5 feet 2 and interviews with Oprah and have fallen into major fandom with her since the Joanne album and ASIB. I appreciate all her past music but I'm really disappointed with this drivel

by Anonymousreply 191March 2, 2020 8:05 AM

Christ, that video is awful.

But it gets a pass for the hot hairy backup dancer in blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192March 2, 2020 8:52 AM

Oh please some of you with the Madge fans are haters nonsense. A lot of Madge fans are Gaga fans..I am or at least I was a huge fan during “the fame” until “bad romance”. After that I liked “applause” “perfect illusion” and “the cure”. This song sounds rubbish and the video is very disappointing. Maybe it’ll grow on me maybe not. I hope not because it will be a compromise of my standards. Number one on iTunes means nothing. It just means people are interested because of the hype. It’s not a billboard number 1.

by Anonymousreply 193March 2, 2020 10:14 AM

$ure it means nothing, nothing at all, r193!

by Anonymousreply 194March 2, 2020 10:17 AM

I wonder what it will mean for billboard charts? Genuinely curious. I don't follow American charts too closely, like I do UK ones, so not sure? Because it's been number in iTunes for 4 days does that guarantee a top ten hit in the USA?

by Anonymousreply 195March 2, 2020 4:35 PM

R195 It's on track to debut in the top 5 of the UK and Australia, maybe US too.

by Anonymousreply 196March 2, 2020 4:58 PM

I liked Gaga from 2009 to 2011, I think she was so cool and original but then she made that awful album called "artpop", that's when she lost her shine.

by Anonymousreply 197March 2, 2020 5:07 PM

Just checked- debuting at 2 in the UK behind Blinding Lights. Interesting to be number 1 on iTunes for 4 days but still number 2.

by Anonymousreply 198March 2, 2020 5:29 PM

She was hugely popular back then, dangerously Almost closed to Madonna’s status at one point which no other artists have never been able to reach. So sad that her artistic vision has gone down hill in recent years

by Anonymousreply 199March 2, 2020 6:43 PM

Its 1200 behind Blinding lights sales wise in the UK. I feel as it's so disposable it needs that number 1 as I imagine it will fall quickly? But I am glad its hit even though it's not a favourite of mine. I want her album to do well and be massive because so many people hate her. I like an underdog.

by Anonymousreply 200March 2, 2020 9:46 PM

I think the song is solid but the video is a mess, there's nothibg creative about it. It's basically massive attack and that rihanna star trek video mashed together.

by Anonymousreply 201March 2, 2020 10:17 PM

Never cared for her except that song she did with R Kelly. I actually don't mind this song even if it belongs in a bargain bin.

by Anonymousreply 202March 5, 2020 11:36 AM

The rumor is her next single will be a collaboration with Ariana Grande. That will go number one. Madge fans will lose it. Can't wait to watch that! And Stupid Love is pegged to be a top 5 single.

by Anonymousreply 203March 5, 2020 12:59 PM

The song opened big on YouTube on the first two days. It’s now tanking

by Anonymousreply 204March 5, 2020 1:58 PM

Well it's no Ke$ha.

by Anonymousreply 205March 5, 2020 2:28 PM

It's going to be Top 5 R204, most likely. Top 10 for sure. Hardly a tank. But keep on hating.

by Anonymousreply 206March 5, 2020 2:32 PM

R205 I don't trust her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 5, 2020 5:54 PM

[quote]Almost closed to Madonna’s status at one point which no other artists have never been able to reach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208March 5, 2020 6:09 PM

[quote]She was hugely popular back then, dangerously Almost closed to Madonna’s status at one point which no other artists have never been able to reach.

Nobody will ever be as big as Madonna was at her peak. That level of celebrity and cultural influence no longer exists.

by Anonymousreply 209March 5, 2020 6:25 PM

R208, quit dreaming. Janet never approached Madonna's fame. At all. In order for her to do that, she would need to have sales in the millions in Europe, parts of Asia, Latin America and Australia (she doesn't) along with non-stop media exposure. The only two people more famous than Madonna in the 80s and early 90s would be Michael Jackson and Princess Diana.

by Anonymousreply 210March 5, 2020 7:42 PM

RE209: is right Madonna- was enormous. There is no one that could come close. Michael Jackson I would say? Madonna had Like a Virgin, True Blue and then Like A Prayer. In a row. Then she came back with Ray Of Light and Music. Its just huge fame over a long time that really was a critical and commercial success. It doesn't happen like that anymore. But Gaga has had a pretty amazing and diverse career too.

by Anonymousreply 211March 5, 2020 7:59 PM

Elvis, the Beatles, Frank Sinatra, Streisand, Taylor, probably Garland, were at least as big as both Jackson and Madonna. And a couple of them stayed on top (one pretty much still is whenever she chooses to work) for decades. You 'youngsters' are just too young to know- I guess. Or clueless.

by Anonymousreply 212March 5, 2020 8:08 PM

Hi, Clueless here. I was sort of talking about more recent times with pop music? I wasn't thinking of Garland and Sinatra. I do have an understanding of careers but was not there at the time so am too young- yes. Streisand though does out do everyone for length and success of fame. So you win I guess in the great data lounge "I win" race. Congrats?

by Anonymousreply 213March 5, 2020 8:30 PM

No win there- just reminding.

by Anonymousreply 214March 5, 2020 9:16 PM

She does owe Dale Bozzio big time.

by Anonymousreply 215March 5, 2020 9:16 PM

Lol the lana, miley and ariana collab that was hugely hyped tanked. A gaga and araian collab will bomb even harder.

by Anonymousreply 216March 5, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote][R208], quit dreaming. Janet never approached Madonna's fame

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217March 5, 2020 10:36 PM

Barbra Streisand has never been a huge international star like Madonna. Streisand was really only huge in the US, and well-known (not hugely famous) in the English-speaking world.

by Anonymousreply 218March 5, 2020 10:41 PM

Janet Jackson was NEVER near Madonna's peak fame, globally.

by Anonymousreply 219March 5, 2020 10:42 PM

LOL at R217s failed attempt at that post.

Janet Jackson: CON Award.

Works on so many levels!

by Anonymousreply 220March 5, 2020 10:46 PM

^No dear, but you tried it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221March 5, 2020 10:57 PM

Yes, Dear, I tried it and was right.

by Anonymousreply 222March 5, 2020 11:01 PM

Also, performing, "live."

by Anonymousreply 223March 5, 2020 11:02 PM

[quote]Yes, Dear, I tried it and was abso-motherfucking-lutely WRONG. Incorrect. Like, embarrassingly so.

Fixed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 5, 2020 11:38 PM

^lol. Awwwww Jabba's still throwing a tantrum that he posted a link that showed up calling her a CON!

Poor thing.

by Anonymousreply 225March 5, 2020 11:42 PM

LOL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226March 5, 2020 11:44 PM

Garland and Streisand were never more famous than Madonna. Madonna is easily the most famous female entertainer ever. The only people who were arguably more famous would be Elvis, The Beatles and Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 227March 5, 2020 11:49 PM

R227 Joseph is going to have something to say about that!

by Anonymousreply 228March 5, 2020 11:52 PM

That should say *entertainers*, not people.

by Anonymousreply 229March 5, 2020 11:53 PM

Stupid Love is one of the greatest songs ever made. It is also one of the greatest love songs of all time. Beautifully, brilliantly, and simply written and sung, without the clunky metaphors of an "Applause" or "Born This Way". I love, love, love this song, it describes and captures so succinctly and powerfully what being in love is really like: the agony, sheer bliss, doubt, fear, frustration, gratitude, and joy of it all. This may be Gaga's best lead single, barring maybe Bad Romance

by Anonymousreply 230March 6, 2020 12:29 AM

Gaga's upcoming sixth album, "Chromatica" (due April 10), is probably going to be one of her best. I can just feel it.

by Anonymousreply 231March 6, 2020 1:16 AM

R231 Like I can feel the chunks rising up in my throat.

by Anonymousreply 232March 6, 2020 1:22 AM

[quote] Gaga's upcoming sixth album, "Chromatica"

Ahh, the irony. Aguilera released "Bionic" around the time Gaga was huge and the album bombed. It was like she was trying to mimic Lady Gaga. And now, who the hell WANTS to mimic her? Chromatica may top the album charts--it's very easy to top the charts if you are a major artist these days--but I doubt it will spawn any huge success on the level of The Fame, Fame Monster or A Star is Born.

by Anonymousreply 233March 6, 2020 1:32 AM

[quote]Janbot's still throwing a tantrum that he posted a link that showed up calling her a CON!

Sorry fool, but anyone looking at the gif can see the "I" in Icon. Only mad faggot trolls with no lives see what they wanna see.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234March 6, 2020 3:03 AM

THIS IS A GAGA THREAD. Stop hijacking this with Janet Jackson. She has her own thread.

We are looking for answers about why this stupid song, Stupid Love, was made.

by Anonymousreply 235March 6, 2020 3:07 AM

^haha failed again. Maybe you can try to delete this one like you tried the others (which still didn't work), lol!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 236March 6, 2020 3:08 AM

^Tried to delete? No, dear. LOL. You do know that deleting is not even an option around here? The gif shows the "I", and anyone with half a brain (a group that does not include you) can click on the photo link.

In other words, try again. Oh, and...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237March 6, 2020 3:19 AM

The chorus pretty much copied the hook from the crappy remix of Whitney’s “Higher Love”

by Anonymousreply 238March 6, 2020 3:19 AM

[quote]THIS IS A GAGA THREAD

Yes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239March 6, 2020 3:20 AM

Oh dear. Now it wants to pretend it didn't try to delete the original photo.

And of course now it changes its story from, "it definitely shows up," to.. "if you click on the photo."

Joe, Joe, Joe...

by Anonymousreply 240March 6, 2020 3:22 AM

Gaga was great in the beginning, but she lost the plot fairly quickly. As others have said, she's not a very interesting person.

by Anonymousreply 241March 6, 2020 3:22 AM

R240's AZT is wearing off.

by Anonymousreply 242March 6, 2020 3:25 AM

No one under the age of 30 gives a shit about janet jackson or madonna, enough of this shit. Just look at their spotify numbers, abysmal.

by Anonymousreply 243March 6, 2020 3:26 AM

Jabba would know about AZT... just ask his probation officer!

by Anonymousreply 244March 6, 2020 3:27 AM

^Mad because her long, storied history of stalking Janet threads just got outed.

by Anonymousreply 245March 6, 2020 3:30 AM

^uh who's mad?

Logic would tell you if I cared about your need to stalk people... I'd clear my cookies like you do.

I don't.

Try again!

by Anonymousreply 246March 6, 2020 3:31 AM

Is Gaga or Madonna bigger in Latin America?

by Anonymousreply 247March 6, 2020 3:31 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248March 6, 2020 3:32 AM

R216 I don't understand how they fucked that up. They should have just done a remix of Independent Women.

by Anonymousreply 249March 6, 2020 3:41 AM

This vid came out almost a week ago and so far it has less than 30 million views.

When Ariana Grande drops a new video, it gets that many views within the first hour...

by Anonymousreply 250March 6, 2020 3:57 AM

Lady Gaga and Katy Perry have new song? Is this 2010.

by Anonymousreply 251March 6, 2020 4:22 AM

She’s fading and she knows that. People started to see desperation in her

by Anonymousreply 252March 6, 2020 4:43 AM

She could be putting something as exciting as what Roisin Murphy is currently doing.

Age-approximate, the right sort of retro but still contemporary.

by Anonymousreply 253March 6, 2020 9:45 AM

I know this is a Gaga thread (I love Stupid Love), but I have to weigh in on Madonna v Janet. I was a teen in the 90s. I didn't like nor dislike either, tbh. But from an outsiders POV? Madonna was bigger. Janet released a big album in 1995 (I think) that made her bigger for a moment. But Madonna was ubiquitous. She was part of the fabric of culture in a way that, in my life, no other pop star has done. Again. I am not a big fan. But I was alive and part of mall/teen culture during that time.

Frankly, I remember Whitney being bigger than Janet.

by Anonymousreply 254March 6, 2020 9:57 AM

^LOL, nice try troll.

[quote]Janet released a big album in 1995 (I think)

Mm-hm. Yeah. Sure.

CONTROL (1986) massive, landmark #1 album that blew up on MTV due to highly played, iconic music videos and 6 super popular singles, five of which went Hot 100 top 5. Gave birth to the careers of various dance divas of color, from Jody Watley (solo career), and Pebbles to Karyn White and Paula Abdul. Still a part of pop culture today do to its innovation and the catch phrase “Janet, Miss Jackson if you’re Nasty.”

JANET JACKSON’S RHYTHM NATION 1814 (1989) even bigger than its predecessor. Janet’s second #1 album. Spawned a still- industry unmatched 7 top 5 Hot 100 hits. Won grammys and a slew of other awards. Biggest selling album of 1990 in the US. Revolutionized the pop and R&B genres due to its sonic innovation and begat the New Jack swing era in R&B music, which would go on to rule ‘90s R&B and which her brother Michael would later copy. Inspired a host of future pop artists. Wildly popular, still mimicked music videos. Set so many industry records that many of them remain u touched. Spawned a tour that not only sold out all over the world, but also set concert box office records and still makes Janet the artist with the biggest debut world tour in history. An album that made Madonna so beside herself with self-doubt that she snipped at a dancer who was wearing a Janet-esque outfit in her Truth or Dare film.

janet. (1993) an even bigger seller than RN 1814. Massive #1 debut (the first for a female in the SoundScan era). Five of its eight singles went Hot 100 top 10, with two of them going pop #1 and one earning an Academy Award nomination. Another sold out world tour and a laundry list of industry awards would follow, including more Grammys and MTV awards. Released hot on the heels of Janet’s film debut (also a box office #1), this is the era which begat Janet’s iconic Rolling Stone cover - arguably the most mimicked, most popular photo of a pop female star, ever. From the Oscars stage to the SNL stage, Janet was there. And her smooth #1 hit That’s the Way Love Goes (the longest running #1 single by a Jackson) was the song of the summer.

DESIGN OF A DECADE (1995) successful the world over, having sold 10 million copies worldwide. It’s lead single “Runaway” would debut at #6 (and peak at #3), making Janet the first female artist to debut a song in the Hot 100 top 10.

THE VELVET ROPE (1997) heralded as a masterpiece upon release, Janet’s fourth #1 album would go on to be a multi-platinum template for the musical styles of multiple future artists (Solange, FKA Twigs, HER, etc.). Darker than anything she’s previously released, and he album tackled a myriad of subjects from examining self worth, depression, homophobia, the lost of loved ones and abusive relationships. TVR would be championed by a host of LGBT fans, artists and activists, many of which credited the album with saving their lives (Pose writer Janet Mock named herself after Janet due to this album). Won a bevy of awards, #1 singles and begat yet another successful world tour.

ALL FOR YOU (2001) another multi platinum seller. Janet’s fifth #1 album, it gave her her biggest first week numbers of her career. Two of its singles made Janet the first artist with a #1 song in the 80s/90s/2000s and gave her the longest running Hot 100 #1 single of 2001. The title track made history being added to every radio format at the time, a record that would take Lady Gaga nearly a decade to match. More awards won including another Grammy, more Billboard awards and various world awards. Another successful world tour which was captured for HBO ( a second showing of a Janet tour, behind the Emmy winning, hugely rated HBO airing of her Velvet Rope tour). More iconic videos...

by Anonymousreply 255March 6, 2020 11:18 AM

All of Janet’s studio albums from 1986 to 2015 have gone #1, save Damita Jo and 20 YO, which peaked at #2 due to her blacklisting at the time. Her 2015 release UNBREAKABLE made Janet one of only three artists in history (and the only black artist) with a #1 album in each of the last four decades (Springsteen and Streisand are the other two).

by Anonymousreply 256March 6, 2020 11:21 AM

Lol Madonna couldn’t even get arrested in the 90s. After Like a Prayer, she wouldn’t have another US #1 album until 2000’s Music.

by Anonymousreply 257March 6, 2020 11:35 AM

Isn’t Madonna banned by the BBC?

Janet and Gaga aren’t.

by Anonymousreply 258March 6, 2020 11:36 AM

R257 huh? Madonna had 15 tip 10 hits and 4 #1's on the Billboard Hot 100 in the 90s

ALL 7 of her albums released went multiplatinum in the US, her 1998 Ray of Light album had the highest first week sales EVER by a female artist in US music history but it still debuted at #2, because of the Titanic soundtrack, it had higher first week US sales than the 1993 Janet album, which debuted at #1

Madonna was the #6 top selling artist in all of music in the 90s in the US and #4 worldwide not the decade

R258 BBC1 wouldn't play her newer stuff, since it appeals to 18-34 year olds, BBC2 played and plays her old stuff constantly. She was the most played artist on BBC radio, all stations, during the 2000s, male or female. BBC1 doesn't play Janet either

In any given week in the UK, Madonna gets more radio play on ALL radio stations than any other legacy female artist combined

by Anonymousreply 259March 6, 2020 12:02 PM

Madonna also had Evita in 1996 and the Sex book earlier, no matter what your views on either. So...couldn't get arrested? Look I am not a huge Madonna fan. I have seen her live twice and I didn't love her- both I got for free so that's why I went. But her cultural impact just cannot be disputed. And to have albums hitting the heights world wide for 30 years is astounding and has never been done. It's just a fact.

by Anonymousreply 260March 6, 2020 12:30 PM

Now back to Gaga. I think she is very talented but wish she would spend a little more time on some albums. Joanne in particular overall was a misfire. But being a pop star, even a tented one is very hard.

by Anonymousreply 261March 6, 2020 12:33 PM

Sorry R261, I accidentally woke up Jabba. The rumor is Gaga is collaborating with Ariana. That might be interesting?

I actually liked Joanne, but I love country/pop. But I agree, it wasn't for everyone.

Jabba I am not a troll. I really don't care. Janet is the best of all time. Fine. Enjoy your goddess!

by Anonymousreply 262March 6, 2020 12:44 PM

It’s odd that there is a troll(s) who keeps mentioning Janet in every female artist’s thread. Nobody’s interested in her and that’s why nobody’s talking about her. Get a clue or life.

Back to Gaga

by Anonymousreply 263March 6, 2020 12:44 PM

Madonna has three albums that have sold over 20 million copies--Janet has none. Madonna has around 6 songs in the 200 most popular songs of all time--Janet has one. Madonna is popular in multiple continents and regions--Janet main source of sales was/is North America. Madonna wins.

Regarding Lady Gaga, her approach is "everything but the kitchen sink". Madonna's desperation to be approved as an actress (particularly during the Evita era) is what Gaga is like 24/7. Every move she does is highlighted by "look at me--I AM talented AND quirky!".This move is no different.

by Anonymousreply 264March 6, 2020 12:44 PM

I liked some of Joanne but it really needed that big song. Some of that album was just very bad. Angel Down and hey girl were not good. And if you are exploring a different genre you better make sure that those songs are hits. Like a lot of big stars she seems to have people that don't tell her if a song could be left off or more work is needed.

by Anonymousreply 265March 6, 2020 12:57 PM

Only a true rebel artist like myself, would be brave enough to release songs that suck.

by Anonymousreply 266March 6, 2020 1:10 PM

Dolly Parton, Tina Turner, Cher, Aretha Franklin etc NEVER had a #1 album on the Billboard US charts, doesn't mean that at the peak of their careers they "couldn't get arrested" because of that, again, as said upthread, many of Madonna's 90s albums sold extremely well without going to #1 like The Immaculate Collection, one of the biggest selling albums of all time and biggest selling greatest hits album by a solo artist in history, the Evita soundtrack and Ray of Light, they all peaked at #2 but spent years on the albums chart

As oppossed to today when a big artist debuts at #1 on the albums chart and drops off of it in two-three months

Even without those big sellers hitting #1, Madonna STILL had 9 other US #1 albums, 3 in the 80s and 6 from 2000 onwards....

by Anonymousreply 267March 6, 2020 1:43 PM

I only started to look at Gaga more after Joanne. I liked the early stuff but she is over 30 and it's not a good look anymore. That techno sound is ovah. The music I could get over but that dreadful video is hard to.

I'm old okay but in school girls DRESSED like Madonna, so I would say Madonna over Janet and I loved Janet too. Why can't t hey both be great?

by Anonymousreply 268March 6, 2020 1:50 PM

The new song is better than a lot of other shit that's popular, but it's not a great song.

by Anonymousreply 269March 6, 2020 2:42 PM

Gaga wanted the older fans hence why she went the vocalist route after fartplop, but they don't like or want old gaga which she thought they'd support. They're calling her satanic etc. Lol.

by Anonymousreply 270March 6, 2020 3:39 PM

R261, she worked on Chromatica for over three years (2017-2020). Probably the longest she ever worked on an album.

by Anonymousreply 271March 6, 2020 4:16 PM

[quote]I'm old okay but in school girls DRESSED like Madonna, so I would say Madonna over Janet

You probably grew up around a bunch of white girls. Janet had black women all over dressing like her, from the shoulder pads to the big hair (or straight Pleasure Principle hair) to the key earring and the baseball caps. But they weren’t all black. Carmen Electra once stated:

“I saw the video for 'Nasty', and was blown away. There were no other girls like her. I had my mom take me shopping to buy clothes like hers. I permed my hair and dyed it black. I wanted to dance like her. I wanted to be Janet Jackson."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272March 6, 2020 6:15 PM

R218, you're the Streisand was never a huge international star troll. You say it all the time. She has been honored all over the world and her last two films, mediocre as they were, were by far her biggest hits in terms on international box office. And that's as a very mature star. How old are you R218, 12? When she has toured Europe in her 70s she has sold out all venues- not Madonna these days in her 60s. Just sayin. What is the basis of your claim?

by Anonymousreply 273March 6, 2020 6:49 PM

[quote] That techno sound is ovah. The music I could get over but that dreadful video is hard to.

If only that were true. House music has dominated pop music the last several years. I don't hate house or techno but I really miss the art of good songwriting. Pop music these days relies too much on hooks. Can you imagine anyone singing or performing karaoke along to any of the songs that are popular on the radio right now? There is no melodic progression or structure to any of these songs, especially if you remove all the production behind them.

by Anonymousreply 274March 6, 2020 6:52 PM

The music that is popular today is meant to be listened to passively or at a club, nothing that engages intellectually or emotionally.

by Anonymousreply 275March 6, 2020 6:56 PM

Ariana Grande sounds like she's slurring, moaning, and mumbling through her songs while a canned beat plays in the background. As a performer, she looks like a Japanese anime character come to life. Perhaps someone can enlighten me to what her appeal is.

by Anonymousreply 276March 6, 2020 6:58 PM

Streisand was incredibly successful--no other solo artist has maintained that success for that long-- and she did have some global success but Madonna was truly the first global female superstar and arguably the biggest one ever (but Whitney had the largest peak of any female purely in terms of sales). The fact is global music markets were much smaller before the 80s and 90s. I'm sure Streisand had a European presence, but it was nothing compared to Madonna's. Madonna's True Blue set the record at the time of its release as the album that hit number one in the most countries ever. No female was setting those kind of records before she came along. And she did that again with COADF and the song Hung Up. True Blue is probably the first album by a western female artist to sell MORE globally than it did in the United States (15 million in the rest of the world, 7 million in the US). It was after Madonna that every record company HAD to have a top female artist. That was after Madonna, not Streisand. Streisand didn't have a really huge global album until Guilty. It sold very well but not on the level of Whitney Houston, Whitney, True Blue, Like a Virgin, The Bodyguard, Music Box, Daydream, Falling Into You or Let's Talk About Love.

by Anonymousreply 277March 6, 2020 8:25 PM

But the thing with Streisand was also her massive film career, especially in the 1970s. She was the biggest female film star in this decade.

by Anonymousreply 278March 6, 2020 9:09 PM

Btw Stupid Love debuted at number 5 in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 279March 6, 2020 9:52 PM

R278, good point. So maybe it was her film success (as opposed to her music success) that made her more of an international star?

by Anonymousreply 280March 6, 2020 10:08 PM

I think so. Films like The Way We Were, A Star is Born, Whats Up Doc and even The Main Event made her a big star. She also had big one off songs associated with some of these films that were also internationally popular.

by Anonymousreply 281March 7, 2020 12:17 AM

Streisand is well-known in the English-speaking world, but was not really a huge celebrity presence. She's barely known at all in Latin America and Asia. She's never been a big global star.

Funny how Americans think all their stars are famous all over the world. Many Americans are shocked when they hear that Oprah Winfrey is a nonentity outside the US.

by Anonymousreply 282March 7, 2020 2:17 AM

Just asked my coworker today who happens to be an Asian immigrant. She said most everyone in her country would recognize Madonna’s name, and tell you who she is.

by Anonymousreply 283March 7, 2020 2:31 AM

[quote]Is Gaga or Madonna bigger in Latin America?

Best-selling international female artists of ALL TIME in Brazil:

1. Madonna (3.7M units) 2. Ariana Grande (2M units)

Gaga is definitely in the Top 5. She's huge in Latin America.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 284March 7, 2020 4:33 AM

Gaga was at her best over 10 years ago when she first came out. She’s kinda a has been like Beyoncé now. It’s Ariana’s time now

by Anonymousreply 285March 7, 2020 12:50 PM

I was raised in Australia and lived in Asia and Europe. Let me tell you, both Oprah and Streisand are very very well known! I am not sure about Latin America. So my analysis of Streisand's career is not just coming from America. I have never lived there. But I lived in Asia for almost 3 years and Europe for 20.

by Anonymousreply 286March 7, 2020 5:44 PM

Yes and Gaga is a has been what with the double Oscar nominee and all.

by Anonymousreply 287March 7, 2020 5:45 PM

Yes, and with all of her acclaim, how many acting projects does she have lined up?

by Anonymousreply 288March 7, 2020 6:11 PM

She has one lined up with a little known director named Ridley Scott?

by Anonymousreply 289March 7, 2020 6:18 PM

She's playing the wife of the Gucci heir who was murdered in a biopic directed by Ridley Scott. So, you know. That's huge. She's will have a top 5 song next week. She's collaborating with Ariana Grande for her next single. So that's bound to be a hit. She's worth hundreds of millions of dollars. Think she doesn't really care what a bunch of eldergays think of her!

But hate away!

by Anonymousreply 290March 7, 2020 6:32 PM

Oh honey, that desperate try-hard cares what everyone thinks about her. Maybe one day she'll settle on a persona when she's not too busy battling one of her fake-as-fuck illnesses.

by Anonymousreply 291March 7, 2020 6:41 PM

When we have a discussion like this I think people should try and stick to facts. I am a pop cultural fan in general.. I actually take it seriously which may be silly, but whatever. I do have my personal taste as well. But to say Lady Gaga is a has been is totally and utterly absurd and wrong. You may not like her but she is not a has been. And Madonna was at the top of pop culture for 20 years which will probably never be repeated. And Streisand straddled both music and film in the 1970s to a high standard which will probably never be repeated either. And then you bring it to the personal about Lady Gaga because you cannot argue with facts. You have actually embarrassed yourself. Why?

by Anonymousreply 292March 7, 2020 6:44 PM

I agree R292. I am a mild fan of Gaga. But calling her a try hard (she is) doesn't belie her place in pop culture history. It's just silly. I am not a Madonna fan. But I easily call her the biggest female pop star of time. It would be equally as silly not to.

by Anonymousreply 293March 7, 2020 6:51 PM

Exactly- we can see what goes into what they do can't we? And the influence they have had? I don't really love Stupid Love or A Star is Born for that matter but I don't need to attack them on such a personal level. and Madonna's current music is not to my taste but wow there will never be another like her. I think they all deserve respect really. It's a tough game, one of the toughest.

by Anonymousreply 294March 7, 2020 6:57 PM

Her manic dancing is hilariously awful in some spots. Reminds me of this girl...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295March 7, 2020 6:58 PM

I LOVE this girl.

by Anonymousreply 296March 7, 2020 7:03 PM

I think it's inherently sexist to compare female pop stars to each other, and pit them against each other.

by Anonymousreply 297March 7, 2020 7:09 PM

It is sexist and obvious. They all have their ups and downs in their career. But I do find following and analysing their careers fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 298March 7, 2020 7:19 PM

R277 is the only one who knows a fuck about it all. Good post. Accurate.

by Anonymousreply 299March 7, 2020 10:44 PM

I can't get over how amazing this performance of Bad Romance is. She is truly a gifted performer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300March 7, 2020 10:57 PM

Yes, R300. She is a gifted performer. But why is it always performance art with her? Her singing and her voice are very beautiful here and the piano is exquisite. But, her Mae West look and strange arm movements detract (just a bit) from her sensitive and beautiful vocal. Who is she?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301March 8, 2020 4:24 AM

Her new album is Chromatica, April 10.

[quote]What exactly is Chromatica, aside from something that sounds like a vague reference to both the chromatic scale and color theory? Well, as Gaga told Zane Lowe in an interview, in making the album she realized that “I can view the world in whatever way I choose to see it … it doesn’t mean that I’m deleting the bad things, it just means that I can reframe my life experiences and reframe the way that the world frames life experiences to a way that I love and believe in … that is Chromatica. I live on Chromatica, that is where I live. I went into my frame — I found Earth, I deleted it. Earth is canceled. I live on Chromatica.” Also canceled? Gaga’s brief flirtation with calling that album Adele.

Meow

by Anonymousreply 302March 8, 2020 5:36 AM

It's a thin line between hit and shit. But actually I quite like it, catchy and fun.

by Anonymousreply 303March 8, 2020 12:36 PM

R301 Her hand movements remind me a bit of Dusty's here. Except Gaga's look forced and pretentious where Dusty's are fun and expressive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304March 8, 2020 12:48 PM

Dusty Springfield was so charismatic. I would love a biography of her and weirdly think Gaga would be a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 305March 8, 2020 12:53 PM

Old Hag uses diversity to sell sell sell

No thanks

by Anonymousreply 306March 8, 2020 1:03 PM

There are so many unintelligent people on here that can't formulate an intelligent argument so just insult.

by Anonymousreply 307March 8, 2020 1:13 PM

R302 Mother Monster is so enlightened. Beyonce could never. I'm here for the psychedelic chromatic Queen. AAAHH, it's going to be such a great album, maybe her best. Fingers crossed.

by Anonymousreply 308March 8, 2020 3:06 PM

[quote]"I live on Chromatica, that is where I live. I went into my frame — I found Earth, I deleted it. Earth is canceled. I live on Chromatica."

Doesn't Anne Heche live on Chromatica too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309March 8, 2020 9:01 PM

R309, holy shit, I remember that. I can't believe she went on 20/20 and said all that (the aliens abducted me!). Can you imagine--with the exception of Kanye and maybe Tom Cruise--any celebrity getting away with that today?

by Anonymousreply 310March 8, 2020 9:05 PM

The video isn't even among the trending ones on YT in my country (while the new tracks from Demi Lovato, Katy Perry, Billie Eilish etc. are all there). Definitely not a global hit some of you make it out to be. I checked out the iTunes charts for other European countries too and the UK chart is pretty much the only one where you can find Stupid Love in the top 10. But the Spanish chart is funny: Shallow is currently sitting at #4 spot in their country, with Stupid Love being #30.

by Anonymousreply 311March 8, 2020 9:42 PM

Guide to being a successful And famous singer in 2020: release a stupid and forgettable song with a stupid And forgettable video

by Anonymousreply 312March 9, 2020 1:29 AM

It's number 6 on the itunes charts, R112. And it's very stable on YT. Most videos don't trend a week and a few days after being released.

Demi has a newer song so she's higher on the charts. Katy is tanking.

No one really cares about Spain. The UK and US are all that really matters, sadly.

by Anonymousreply 313March 9, 2020 1:43 AM

I miss those times. She was more imaginative than madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 314March 9, 2020 1:51 AM

She's such a fucking artEEST.

by Anonymousreply 315March 9, 2020 4:09 AM

Grace Jones hated being compared to Lady Gaga and she even said "I wish she would stop copying me!".

by Anonymousreply 316March 9, 2020 4:19 AM

All the ridiculous costumes in the world can't make Gags interesting.

by Anonymousreply 317March 9, 2020 5:17 AM

Who’s her hot bodyguard at R314?

by Anonymousreply 318March 9, 2020 8:14 AM

It’s a hot song around the globe already so apparently she knows what she’s doing.

by Anonymousreply 319March 9, 2020 8:28 AM

[quote] She was more imaginative than madonna.

Madonna, imaginative??! Bwahahahaha!!!!

by Anonymousreply 320March 9, 2020 8:29 AM

[quote] Grace Jones hated being compared to Lady Gaga and she even said "I wish she would stop copying me!".

I love Grace, but she wishes anyone remembers her.

by Anonymousreply 321March 9, 2020 8:30 AM

^Uh, we do.

by Anonymousreply 322March 9, 2020 8:34 AM

Why does she include her little boner and VPL in the video at R300. It's distracting. Art?

by Anonymousreply 323March 9, 2020 9:08 AM

I'd rather go to a Grace Jones or Madonna concert over GagGag.

by Anonymousreply 324March 9, 2020 9:11 AM

So in the UK Stupid Love has tumbled in the up-dates from 2 to 15! Ouch.I had a feeling this might happen.

by Anonymousreply 325March 9, 2020 11:36 PM

Jumped.....the....shark

by Anonymousreply 326March 9, 2020 11:39 PM

She just scored a Top 5 hit on both the US and UK charts. She's back! Huge radio play so far too.

by Anonymousreply 327March 9, 2020 11:58 PM

The song has already yanked worldwide. It’s time to release a new single. The album will flop anyway

by Anonymousreply 328March 10, 2020 12:58 AM

Gosh, she IS ugly. What a turd!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329March 10, 2020 1:11 AM

The song is kind of growing on me

by Anonymousreply 330March 10, 2020 2:12 AM

It actually wrks better when you just listen to it without watching the video.

by Anonymousreply 331March 10, 2020 2:33 AM

You can't steal someone's voice. Gaga stole Madonna, Grace Jones, Bowie, Elton and most especially Xtina Aguilera's personas. Christina has a better voice, was prettier and had a more classic and reverent point of view, with just as many ideas. She played too many vocal tricks and experimental games and didn't suck up to gays. BUT her failed Bionic Album is better future pop than anything Gaga will ever do. Xtina can sing from the back of a truck and Gaga must have a truck as a backdrop to 'perform' her singing. I don't stan either of them, but Aguilera is still the better vocalist today. Her talent is sincere. Female pop stars don't need to be able to sing right now. That's why vocalists like Kelly C, Xtina, Jessie J, & P!nk all lost out to Billie, Ariana and Halsey. Not the worst three non singers...

Adele and Beyonce are about to set the world right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 332March 10, 2020 3:14 AM

I love Lady Gargle

by Anonymousreply 333March 10, 2020 3:35 AM

Gaga can sing. I don't see any Grace Jones in Gaga, btw. Grace Jones was more performance artist. Gaga's a pop star. Most musicians adore Bowie, but Gaga didn't steal his persona. She was influenced by him. I do get the Madonna reference, at least in the beginning of her career. But not since Born This Way. Madonna could never have done Joanne of ASIB. No way.

I won't even comment on Christiana. Sure, she has a fantastic voice but has no idea what to do with it. Gaga does.

by Anonymousreply 334March 11, 2020 7:07 AM

stupid indeed, not to boot still an ugly cheesy joke of a pop-star.

by Anonymousreply 335March 11, 2020 7:23 AM

Gaga failed miserably to be an Art - Pop hybrid and she desperately wanted to. Grace of course pulled it off with grand finesse. Gaga had a lot of nerve and delusion declaring herself the new Bowie. She's such a try hard. The year she spent pap strolling 2 - 3x A DAY 7 days a week, each time a different outfit. Annoying and desperate. 1 iconic outfit a season, a performance, etc, would have been fine. She wanted 7 a week.

by Anonymousreply 336March 11, 2020 1:27 PM

Has Gaga EVER had a single elegant and chic appearance? Name one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 337March 11, 2020 1:28 PM

Gaga = Art Flop

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338March 11, 2020 1:29 PM

I think Grace Jones and Gaga are completely different artists. Bizarre to compare them.

by Anonymousreply 339March 11, 2020 2:10 PM

Gaga was definitely trying to dress outrageously in the same sense like Grace Jones. Jones picked up on this and even said she wished Gaga would stop copying her. I don't think she ever thought they were musically similar.

by Anonymousreply 340March 11, 2020 2:34 PM

Gaga is one of the all-time great singers, I'd say. Definitely better than over-singing, ultra nasal Christina. Gaga's voice is very versatile - she can sing pretty much any genre and nail it. It has a deep, raspy, throaty tone that Gaga uses to great effect, and she's a very earnest and emotional singer. There's depth there.

Her ad-libs are also heavenly. Again a great singer, and a strong songwriter too.

by Anonymousreply 341March 11, 2020 3:38 PM

Bowie and Grace Jones seemed like very intriguing people even when they removed the crazy outfits. But when Gaga takes her costumes off and stops acting crazy she turns into something resembling a spoiled guidette princess - totally uninteresting and sans any mystique whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 342March 11, 2020 4:04 PM

R342, that's probably why her handlers insisted she wear all those crazy costumes. If you can never tell what this chick looks like, speaks like, etc. she comes off as an enigma. But the more she choose to "endear" herself to the public, the more boring and desperate she comes off.

by Anonymousreply 343March 11, 2020 4:27 PM

This kween does not like Lady Gaga!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344March 11, 2020 10:43 PM

Well the kween at R344 said that Gaga sings Firework. So, there's that.

by Anonymousreply 345March 11, 2020 10:51 PM

R340 Everytime she copied someone it looked trashy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 11, 2020 11:25 PM

I see that Stefanie herself is chiming in at 341. Guess your fibromyalgia is in remission. Now begone. No one on the planet thinks you are one of the all-time greats, much less earnest. You aren't that good of an actress.

by Anonymousreply 347March 12, 2020 12:55 AM

From UKMix: 😂😂😂

Spotify: #20 United Kingdom (+2) #26 Australia (-2) #26 Philippines (+2) #29 Canada (+1) #31 Worldwide (-3) #31 Finland (-9) #47 Norway (-10) #51 United States (-9) #51 Sweden (-7) #69 Brazil (-16) #71 France (-5) #90 Germany (-7) #102 Denmark (-20) #113 Netherlands (-5) #115 Mexico (-16) #117 Italy (-27) #177 Argentina (-21)

It's already out of the top 200 in Spain

by Anonymousreply 348March 12, 2020 2:45 AM

What a flop! Looks like the US and the UK are the last two countries in the world with significant Little Monster population left.

by Anonymousreply 349March 12, 2020 9:16 AM

Gaga has a great voice and strong sense of melody but her lyrics are garbage.

by Anonymousreply 350March 12, 2020 10:06 PM

Gaga has a broadway style voice, very nice and big, with a lot resonance and too much vibrato. The bragging about her being classically trained is a bit much though. Her voice was noticeably damaged long before she reached 30 years old. Her singing style is much closer to Liza Minnelli and Bette Midler than she is to Whitney, Barbra, Kelly Clarkson or Donna Summer. She's not a great singer, but she could have been quite good in a piano bar kind of way. Gaga sounds great, on a few notes and she can hit a long sustained note, but not without noticeable rasp and strain anymore. There's a lot of weakness in between. She should have kept up her "classical" voice training, because at least 10 female pop singers can sing "The Shallow" better than Gags.

She isn't as good a singer as Pink, Sara Bareilles, Kelly Clarkson, Jessie J, Beyonce, JHud or Aguilera anymore. She can't touch Celine. And she's not as interesting or fun as Lizzo, Ariana, Lana, Halsey or Billie.

She's more like Liza in a leotard.

by Anonymousreply 351March 13, 2020 12:59 AM

burn

by Anonymousreply 352March 13, 2020 1:05 AM

[quote] And she's not as interesting or fun as Lizzo, Ariana, Lana, Halsey or Billie

Billie Eilish is neither all that interesting nor fun. The rest I agree with.

by Anonymousreply 353March 13, 2020 1:11 AM

Ryan Tedder talks working with Lady Gaga on Chromatica: “I’ve heard a few tunes and I was floored. It's the coolest sh*t that's going to drop in 2020. [...] I was lucky enough to be apart of a true unicorn song. [...] I think she's going to give a lot of people what they want."

by Anonymousreply 354March 13, 2020 1:24 AM

R351 you lost me at Beyonce. Gaga sings circles around Bey. But I agree with the others. Though I think she's on par with Pink, Jessie J, and and Christina (Christina has a better voice, but no restraint).

by Anonymousreply 355March 13, 2020 1:25 AM

[quote] It's the coolest sh*t that's going to drop in 2020.

Apparently the public doesn't agree.

by Anonymousreply 356March 13, 2020 2:09 AM

This version is slammin’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357March 13, 2020 1:35 PM

Nobody picks up the turds Caca has been dropping for years.

by Anonymousreply 358March 13, 2020 1:37 PM

See, what did I tell you guys earlier? The most diffuse major pop star ever.

by Anonymousreply 359March 13, 2020 2:18 PM

Yeah R355, Gaga is a much better singer than Beyonce, IMO. As well as oversinging messes JHud and Aguilera. Lmao.

& Lizzo, Ariana, Lana, Halsey or Billie - those girls are neither interesting or fun. Lizzo is just fat and an attention whore, and randomly adding a flute (badly played) to basic R&B songs doesn't not equal interesting or fun. Ariana is literally the definition of basic Instagram thot, Lana's is flat out dull and a Fiona Apple wannabe without the talent. Halsey & Billie? You've gotta be kidding me.

Gaga remains the most versatile and exciting talent in pop music.

by Anonymousreply 360March 13, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote] Gaga remains the most versatile and exciting talent in pop music.

She was--for two years (2009-2011). That ship has sailed. Lana makes far more interesting than Gaga and she started off with a similarly weird image. But unlike Gaga, she doesn't need to constantly "reinvent" herself or act desperate. Nothing Gaga has done is as good as Norman Fucking Rockwell.

by Anonymousreply 361March 13, 2020 3:56 PM

Lizzo and Billie Eilish are borderline novelty acts.

by Anonymousreply 362March 13, 2020 5:34 PM

[quote]Nothing Gaga has done is as good as Norman Fucking Rockwell.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

JUST DANCE

PAPARAZZI

BAD ROMANCE

LOVEGAME

ALEJANDRO

TELEPHONE

THE EDGE OF GLORY

HEAVY METAL LOVER

JUDAS

SCHEISSE

PERFECT ILUSION

DIAMOND HEART

DO WHAT U WANT

AURA

SHALLOW

BLACK JESUS

SO HAPPY I COULD DIE

VENUS

by Anonymousreply 363March 13, 2020 5:46 PM

Gaga has been doubted ever since ARTPOP and she consistently proves everyone wrong. She'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 364March 13, 2020 5:49 PM

^100% agree. After Artpop, people (here in particular) said she was over, but she went on to put out more #1 albums, garner more hit singles, win more Grammys, two Golden Globes and an Oscar, successfully headline a Super Bowl halftime show, put on more hit global world tours including a highly successful double Vegas residency and star in her first leading role in film - a critical and commercial smash hit.

by Anonymousreply 365March 13, 2020 5:59 PM

The new song is not doing well worldwide. From UKMix:

IRELAND 16 (6) 2 Stupid Love

SWEDEN 47 (24) 2 Stupid Love

UK 15 (5) 2 Stupid Love

ITALY 36 (15) 2 Stupid Love

Germany

#58 (37) Stupid Love

by Anonymousreply 366March 13, 2020 6:36 PM

R361 Lana is a pretentious untalented racist Republican cunt with boring dreary unlistenable songs. Gaga is an ubertalented inclusive pop megastar with a heart of gold who has literally changed the game, and actually, really, cares about people and her fans.

I bet Chromatica absolutely slays anything Lana has done. Let's wait and see on April 10. You mad?

by Anonymousreply 367March 13, 2020 8:41 PM

R363 Don't forget Chromatica (her best title EVER) will likely meet if not exceed that musical excellence. I'm SHOOKETH!!!

by Anonymousreply 368March 13, 2020 8:42 PM

R365, I really don't even care about all that, I just love the musiccc, even the spotty records like ARTPOP and the boring records like JOANNE. But isn't she so fucking successful. She's such a powerful global force, and thats what makes the haters so rabid.

by Anonymousreply 369March 13, 2020 8:44 PM

How can someone change the game when all they do is copy other artists?

by Anonymousreply 370March 13, 2020 9:19 PM

Gaga's first album reminds me of Love. Angel. Music. Baby. by Gwen. Paparazzi could have been sung by Gwen. R370

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371March 13, 2020 10:12 PM

I wonder if this is true. Maybe this is the reason why those record producers don't work with her anymore R97? I hope not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372March 13, 2020 11:19 PM

Lady Gaga is a better vocalist And less dumb than Beyoncé.

Now back to the Lady. Can she be any more pretentious? 🤢🤢🤢🤢

“ Lady Gaga is publishing an anthology of inspirational stories by youth”

“ Lady Gaga is publishing an anthology of personal stories by young people called Channel Kindness, which is scheduled for release on Sept. 2, 2020.

The collection, which also features messages of empowerment from the pop star, is all about sharing the power of kindness.

"Channel Kindness is an embodiment of the everyday acts of kindness that uplift communities and instill a sense of hope in each of us. If it inspires one act of kindness, then we've accomplished our mission," said Lady Gaga in a press release.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373March 14, 2020 4:40 PM

People who think that Gaga is a better singer than Beyonce, know very little about singing. Beyonce ain't dumb child. She's just hated by the ancient white fags of Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 374March 14, 2020 4:48 PM

She is so cringe in everything she does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375March 14, 2020 5:03 PM

I see your point R97. But Shallow, Always Remember Us This Way, and Is That Alright? are three of her very best song. And they were on her last album.

by Anonymousreply 376March 14, 2020 5:06 PM

R374 blacks are generically stupid

by Anonymousreply 377March 14, 2020 5:06 PM

R377, fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 378March 14, 2020 5:26 PM

Gosh, she’s an ugly unattractive woman 🤢

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379March 15, 2020 2:46 PM

The man 😍

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380March 15, 2020 2:49 PM

She's not had a genuine man or relationship or vocal inflection in her life. Bitch fakes everything. Her singing was only superficially good. The rest of her can't even manage that. Hard as she tries. So she hires good looking men to portray her boyfriend. Not a single moment with Gaga is anything more than illusion. Name one friend she has? Other than coke and heroin - none.

by Anonymousreply 381March 17, 2020 5:25 AM

Poor Gagz: Stupid Love has plummeted down to #30 in its second week on The Billboard 100; that's a 25 place drop!

by Anonymousreply 382March 17, 2020 11:57 AM

R379 I think she has quite a lovely face. Definitely not ugly. She can even be beautiful at times.

by Anonymousreply 383March 17, 2020 2:04 PM

Oh nice!! Gags Me's mom found this thread

by Anonymousreply 384March 17, 2020 2:08 PM

When Chromatica flops, it will be because of the Coronavirus. What had happened to Gaga's romance and best friendship with Bradley Cooper btw? If you're going to be that gross you better deliver some good music bitch. Germanotta is a fake fuck hyped up drag queen with bad plastic surgery. She can sing. Lots of nobodies can sing better. POP.

by Anonymousreply 385March 18, 2020 3:44 AM

Was this Madonna's revenge R385?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386March 21, 2020 11:25 AM

Never understood her appeal. The gays who style her are shockingly uncreative.

by Anonymousreply 387March 21, 2020 12:20 PM

Her stadium tour went on sale last week and pretty much sold out even with the Coronavirus pandemic. She'll have to cancel it though.

by Anonymousreply 388March 21, 2020 1:28 PM

"RAIN ON ME" OUT NOW

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 389May 22, 2020 4:26 AM

Terrible song

by Anonymousreply 390May 22, 2020 4:34 AM

1 minute into it and all I can think is that try hard voice.

by Anonymousreply 391May 22, 2020 4:37 AM

MEHHH

by Anonymousreply 392May 22, 2020 5:01 AM

LOL her tour DID NOT SELL OUT. What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 393May 22, 2020 2:26 PM

R393 I don't think people are in a rush to buy tickets to a stadium tour right now...

by Anonymousreply 394May 22, 2020 3:06 PM

The video is great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395May 22, 2020 5:12 PM

DIFFUSE

by Anonymousreply 396May 22, 2020 5:31 PM

Very underwhelming. I expected this song to be a clear cut victor over Stupid Love and it isn't cutting it. Gaga was supposed to release soon after her Oscar win but she took an extra year and a half to give us THIS?!

by Anonymousreply 397May 22, 2020 7:09 PM

On an unrelated note : Carly Rae Jepsen has released Dedicated Side B. I know you all know and make fun of her as the "Call me maybe girl" but she has amazing music outside of that song. Check it out (especially if you are interested in either disco or pop)

by Anonymousreply 398May 22, 2020 7:12 PM

Carly Rae Jepsen is very talented. More talented plus less desperate and dated than Gaga is

by Anonymousreply 399May 22, 2020 7:43 PM

Gaga is starting to film Cleopatra soon.

by Anonymousreply 400May 22, 2020 11:00 PM

Stupid Love, the immense LEAD single is still MILES better than RAIN ON ME. Although ROM has VERY nice vocalizations and a nice video. I like the SL video and the song MUCH much more. Still here for CHROMATICA. Drown us, MOTHER!!

by Anonymousreply 401May 23, 2020 3:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!