Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bernie Kopell -- OMG! He's still kicking!

Just saw an episode of Superstore - Valentine's Day - and Bernie stole the episode. I remember him from Get Smart, That Girl, My Name is Earl. He had to have been in EVERY series from the beginning of television! What a talent -- wrote, directed, acted. Just seeing him again made this day a special day! God bless ya, Bernie!

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 9:24 PM

Lucky him

by Anonymousreply 1February 25, 2020 1:16 PM

He was recently in an episode of Succession. He was great in it.

by Anonymousreply 2February 25, 2020 1:34 PM

Actors like him are a credit to the profession! They just keep kicking. We recently had a thread on James Rebhorn. There needs to be a separate award away from the Golden Globes and Oscars only for these character actors. They are so neglected. BUT maybe they like it that way! Always working and no being mobbed by fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 25, 2020 2:15 PM

R2, he was? Which one? I missed him. Probably because I was devouring the episodes like Chrissy Metz devours cake.

by Anonymousreply 4February 25, 2020 2:18 PM

he was getting bald on Love Boat, as I recall. He must have gone totally bald decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 5February 25, 2020 2:53 PM

R4, I’d tell you if you weren’t a pathetic, fat-hating shitstain

by Anonymousreply 6February 25, 2020 3:14 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 7February 25, 2020 3:28 PM

Like Abe Vigoda, Kopell plays/played a lot of tennis. I think there just be something to it.

by Anonymousreply 8February 25, 2020 3:31 PM

Wasn’t that the gay car dealer from Queens who was “roommates” with Giuliani when he was between wives?

by Anonymousreply 9February 25, 2020 3:34 PM

You forgot Love Boat OP. I feel so crushed. You ruined my childhood.

by Anonymousreply 10February 25, 2020 3:37 PM

He's on today's episode of That Girl and man, did he have a nice ass. It was nicely displayed in some tight blue pants and so round you could've bounce a quarter off of it.

by Anonymousreply 11April 20, 2021 8:00 PM

He was on "Bewitched" several times, most notably as the elderly warlock pharmacist who wanted a kiss from Samantha.

by Anonymousreply 12April 20, 2021 8:26 PM

Did anybody else think the instrumental of "Little Drummer Boy" was a poor choice of theme music for Doc's make-out sessions on "The Love Boat"? Still can't hear that at Xmas without seeing his red silk robe and permatan--although he's one of my favorite t.v. lotharios

by Anonymousreply 13April 20, 2021 8:39 PM

that's funny, I just noticed him two days ago on an episode of We Bitched

by Anonymousreply 14April 20, 2021 8:54 PM

I think only Bernie and Barbara Feldon, both born in 1933, are the surviving cast of GET SMART.

According to his IMDB page, his first credit was in ‘61. That’s 60 years onscreen. Surprisingly, he only had 14 appearances on the comedy series despite there being 137 episodes.

He was in his 30s when he did GET SMART, but was in heavy makeup to look older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 20, 2021 9:06 PM

i call Get Smart --- Smegma Tart

by Anonymousreply 16April 20, 2021 9:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!