Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would Pazuzu have been able to possess Regan if she had never found the Ouija board in their rental house in D.C?

I wonder if that was just a plot device, and if in fact Pazuzu was already looking to possess Regan because her latent psychic powers might serve useful to him.

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2020 12:01 PM

well would he?

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2020 12:00 AM

Plot device, I’m thinking.

by Anonymousreply 2March 30, 2020 1:25 AM

Yes.

by Anonymousreply 3March 30, 2020 1:35 AM

[quote]According to Murch’s interviews with the descendants of the Ouija founders and the original Ouija patent file itself, which he’s seen, the story of the board’s patent request was true: Knowing that if they couldn’t prove that the board worked, they wouldn’t get their patent, Bond brought the indispensible Peters to the patent office in Washington with him when he filed his application. There, the chief patent officer demanded a demonstration—if the board could accurately spell out his name, which was supposed to be unknown to Bond and Peters, he’d allow the patent application to proceed. They all sat down, communed with the spirits, and the planchette faithfully spelled out the patent officer’s name. Whether or not it was mystical spirits or the fact that Bond, as a patent attorney, may have just known the man’s name, well, that’s unclear, Murch says. But on February 10, 1891, a white-faced and visibly shaken patent officer awarded Bond a patent for his new “toy or game.”

Ouija boards are supposed to 'open a portal'. I have no idea if Pazuzu already had plans for Regan, since it's a work of fiction. I have used a Ouija board, though. and like many other people, I'll never use one again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 30, 2020 2:51 AM

Maybe that was the method he used to travel from Iraq to Georgetown. Although in the sequel he could fly like a locust.

by Anonymousreply 5March 30, 2020 2:58 AM

Oui, ja. Yes, yes.

by Anonymousreply 6March 30, 2020 3:21 AM

There is no Devil. Reagan was having severe schizophrenic hallucinations, nausea and seizures.

by Anonymousreply 7March 30, 2020 5:42 AM

[quote] I have used a Ouija board, though. and like many other people, I'll never use one again.

Count me in as well. For whatever reason three of my buddies and I tried one when we were around 18. "Devil" talked to us and told me a date when I would die. The date thankfully passed uneventfully over two decades ago. Every one of us swore no one played any tricks but you never know. A year earlier an Ouija board had caused trouble with our senior school mates. One girl started having so horrible nightmares after a seance she had to drop out of school. Another shool mate's mother had a visit by a dark creature on the night of the seance. She woke up in the middle of the night and found the creature watching her.

I tend to be quite pragmatic about the world and nature. However when I was younger I spent some time in a Hare Krishna like yoga organization and I tend to believe in supernatural to a point. It was actually a bit scary to find out that the monks in the sect seemed to view the spiritual world as something real. They most certainly did believe in evil spirits. However where there is evil there is also good, that's how our universe works. Every action has a reaction. It's a never-ending pendulum. That is why it's no use of losing hope when you see evil since you can be sure there's good as well.

by Anonymousreply 8March 30, 2020 6:14 AM

Your mother sucks cocks in hell, EXORCIST Troll.

by Anonymousreply 9March 30, 2020 6:16 AM

I'd have possessed that spoiled brat even if she'd found Don't Break the Ice instead of a Ouija board.

by Anonymousreply 10March 30, 2020 6:19 AM

It wasn't the Ouija board.

It was CAPTAIN HOWDY!!

by Anonymousreply 11March 30, 2020 6:21 AM

Why did Pazuzu go after Regan MacNeil? Wouldn't it make sense to go after someone more important at the time, like Tricia Nixon?

by Anonymousreply 12March 30, 2020 6:22 AM

What could be more important than the daughter of an actress?

A STAR?

Box office royalty???

by Anonymousreply 13March 30, 2020 6:29 AM

R12, because Regan had enhanced physical and psychic abilities.

by Anonymousreply 14March 30, 2020 6:56 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 15March 30, 2020 6:58 AM

[Quote] I have used a Ouija board, though. and like many other people, I'll never use one again.

What happened?

by Anonymousreply 16March 30, 2020 7:03 AM

Ouija boards are fucking creepy. I tried one - alone (I know) - and I swear it MOVED.

Creeped. Me. The. Fuck. Out.

by Anonymousreply 17March 30, 2020 7:31 AM

Has anyone played the Midnight game?

by Anonymousreply 18March 30, 2020 11:28 AM

Swear to god, my SIL just bought one yesterday for the kids. I don’t believe in that shit, but it still unnerves me that it’s in our house.

by Anonymousreply 19March 30, 2020 11:53 AM

I have used a Ouija board, though. and like many other people, I'll never use one again.

^^ to be exorcised of the vagueposter demon

by Anonymousreply 20March 30, 2020 12:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!