Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How can anyone like White Castle?

The fast food chain. Holy shit, everything is horrific. It's like the Kmart of fast food!

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2020 4:03 PM

I've never seen one.

Except for the one at Disneyland but that was 35 years ago.

You know, they wouldn't let gay couples dance at that Disneyland burger disco place. That was actually my favorite place to eat at Disneyland. I hated the Pirates of the Caribbean fish restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2020 9:53 AM

There's no White Castle at Disneyland and the Pirates restaurant, called the Blue Bayou, has pretty great food. I like the Prime Rib.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2020 10:01 AM

For me it's nostalgia. I grew up in the south so we only had White Castle while on trips visiting relatives in the midwest. It was a treat because we could get two (2!) burgers since they were small and cheap. It's been years since I've been to one so I'm sure my opinion would be different now.

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2020 10:03 AM

I tried them once in Cincinnati and Op is correct. They were utterly inedible, I had to trash it.

But there are those who disagree.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2020 10:29 AM

"There's no White Castle at Disneyland"

Bitch, what?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2020 10:32 AM

My Gram loved them, it's a nice memory.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 10:45 AM

WC sliders have come up in price.

McDs has been good by comparison to others.

WC is ok. Not as bad as some think. One can do worse.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 10:55 AM

I believe inebriation and/or poverty has a lot to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 10:57 AM

On the other hand, I went to a Roy Rogers with my dad a couple of days ago, and its food is just as good as I remember. It’s a lingering independently owned one out in Virginia, not one of the franchises that run up and down I-95. The fried chicken is my favorite of any restaurant and their roast beef sandwiches are actual roast beef, sliced into thin sheets from a big roast and piles up on a kaiser roll. No Steakum or Arbys shit.

I don’t understand how KFC came to dominate the market. Its chicken is always soggy and given a choice I’d rather not eat than eat it.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 11:38 AM

I had heard they were good and then on opened up in Manhattan. I went over, saw how ridiculously cheap the burgers were and walked out.

Anything that cheap cannot be good. If something cost less than a third of the low-end rate, run away!

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 11:59 AM

They're a guilty pleasure for me. Love the Original Sliders with Egg and Cheese. And the Onion Chips, yee-ummm!

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 12:08 PM

There's nothing quite like going to White Castle for crappy food AND surly, rude help.

Shout out to all the sistahs with bad attitude at the WC on Vandeventer Avenue in St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2020 12:28 PM

"I had heard they were good and then on opened up in Manhattan. I went over, saw how ridiculously cheap the burgers were and walked out."

You mean they were only $30.00 each in Manhattan?

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2020 12:30 PM

How could anyone like Bloomberg?

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2020 12:33 PM

White Castle = Krystal

Never set foot in a WC 'cause they don't have them here.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2020 12:39 PM

Lookaheah!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2020 12:40 PM

I like them, though some of their newer menu options on their web site look rather, questionable.

I just stick with the classic sliders, and their onion rings are great.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2020 2:16 PM

Sack-o-sliders for $5 at 3AM while drunk driving home... The memories.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2020 2:23 PM

White Castle is the best. Krystals is awful though Crystal Gayle named after them is awesome.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2020 2:50 PM

Would stop at a WC on my walk home from (elementary) school almost every day in NY. The ones they now sell in supermarkets, while good for sparking memories, don't taste anything like the ones you'd get in a WC. This was in the early 60's, and they were $.25 each; I'd get six and eat them right there. Tasted better than McDonalds burgers do now.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2020 3:02 PM

It's greasy cheap fast food - and sometimes you just want that. I get 3 cheeseburgers with extra onions so the cheese melts completely. Then you get a greasy, cheesy, onion bites. Nothing better for a hangover.

Every few months, it's not bad.

My mother gags at the smell - if she bought them for me when I was young, she had to put the bag in the backseat.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2020 3:05 PM

I absolutely adore White Castle.

The staff at the ones in Kentucky are delightful.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2020 3:31 PM

Old time White Castle radio commercial song :I recall:

Went to White Castle for eats for my gal

When I got home she had left with my pal.

He got my girlfriend, But I still have these

White Castle hamburgers, alll for meee

by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2020 3:36 PM

Str8 guys love to fart after eating at WC.

by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2020 4:03 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!