Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Julián Castro Says on MSNBC That Bloomberg Is Trump’s ‘Wet Dream’

Former 2020 Democratic candidate turned Elizebeth Warren surrogate Julián Castro joined Chuck Todd on MSNBC to state that Micheal Bloomberg is actually Donald Trump’s “wet dream.”

Todd began the segment by floating to Castro, “I got to assume there’s an opportunity for this campaign with Michael Bloomberg on this stage.”

“Elizabeth Warren’s campaign I would argue is framed around dealing with the Michael Bloomberg’s of the world not as a candidate, but the billionaires,” he continued.

Castro said, “You have Michael Bloomberg, basically someone that was called by The New York Times as the most outspoken defender of Wall Street, and in Elizabeth Warren, someone who has been fighting for every day Americans for consumers, for folks who are losing their homes… She’s been on the side of the American people. And Bloomberg has been making excuses for the status quo.”

“So, tomorrow when they debate, you’re going to have two different visions for America. Hers is a vision that for all the rest of us can prosper,” Castro added.

“What do you make of these sort of late conversions?” Todd asked regarding Bloomberg pushing out policy initiatives on the campaign trail behind Warren’s plans.

Castro stated that he thinks that Bloomberg is “the closest thing we have to a Donald Trump on the Democratic side… If you look at his weaknesses.”

“Wow!” Todd responded.

“There are a lot of people out there that think that — maybe the best thing we can do is nominate a billionaire like Bloomberg because he has the resources. I think if you look at his record on race, on Wall Street, all of these sexual harassment complaints that were filed against him, he settled and has hush agreements with women on,” Castro continued.

“He is actually Donald Trump’s wet dream,” Castro stated with sincerity.

“Donald Trump wants to run against the guy that has all of this baggage on exactly the issues where Trump can suppress the vote,” Castro added.

The MSNBC host then asked Castro if Bloomberg is the worst candidate in the Democratic field currently.

“I think he has the most baggage. And he gives Trump an opportunity to win back the Electoral College,” Castro concluded.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2020 4:35 AM

The only person I know who uses the accent mark to type that name is YMF.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2020 3:33 AM

Trump can't debate. He's not intelligent or politically savvy. Doesn't know the Constitution or how anything gets done, just delegates things- then takes credit if they go well (or blames and fires if they fail).

All he had in 2016 was bravado, insults and grandiose promises. He was a genius billionaire master dealmaker. None of it came true. Now he has 3 years of failures behind him.

If someone challenges him onstage he'll be humiliated and implode on national TV.

I can guarantee he will not debate.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2020 4:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!