Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

If you controlled the world...

Pretend for a moment you have the power as world king/Queen or richest person on earth. What would you do? Would you help people?

What would you do? Do you have a vision for the world?

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 5:50 PM

I would make the entire world like Sweden - except not the climate. LGBT rights. No matter what job you do - you live in dignity with health care, social services, decent accommodations, good food, good education and access to cultural events. Also more women in power.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 11:29 PM

1. Redistribute wealth equally. Everyone starts with a clean slate.

2. Mandate that environmental stewardship is priority number one in all ways: industries must adapt immediately, and cleaning up the planet takes the place of monetary currency as the motivational factor.

3. Release prisoners with the promise that they will be treated as anyone else so long as they commit no violent crimes.

4. Investigate and when necessary, try all people who formerly held power to discern if and how they abused it. If they took any actions that harmed others, they will be tried and if found guilty imprisoned with the aim of remediation and ultimately release. People will be charged with analyzing and assessing how the powers were abused without being disclosed, and this becomes public record so that everyone can watch for corruptive behaviors.

5. In keeping with environmental stewardship, we have to get honest with ourselves. We know that above all, exponential human reproduction is causing harm. People will be encouraged to limit births. Pesticides and herbicides will be limited significantly and studies regarding the damage they cause to human and other animal and plant health will be ordered immediately.

6. Arts, sciences and humanities will be underwritten and made the educational priority. Schools will be reformed to encourage cooperation rather than competition and to teach young people less through memorization and regurgitation and more through rhetoric and critical thinking—for example, they will he charged regularly to debate the merits of competitive currency-based economies and the reality of economies based on models of constant expansion and inflation.

That’s a start.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 11:37 PM

1. I would eliminate religion 2. I would require education for everyone thru high school . Free college 3. I would ask everyone from 18-20 to work two years service to mankind 4. I would clean up the planet 5. I would outlaw all guns. 6. I would encourage wealth equality. I wound demand gender and sexual equality.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 11:59 PM

Tidy up.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2020 12:04 AM

Peons the lot of you.

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2020 2:34 AM

About 90% of the population would be killed or enslaved.

by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2020 3:01 AM

Raise the legal age required to work.

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 8:50 AM

We gotta a lot of despots and crackpots in this thread. Stalin and Mao would be proud!!

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 4:51 PM

First I’d confiscate about $200 billion in assets for my own personal wealth. Then I’d carefully select and snatch up 20 of the hottest young bubble butt twunks on earth, and move them into a castle with me whereby they’d become my concubines or face execution. A flawless twunk harem. I’d play them against one another so they’d fight to make daddy happy. We’d spend many weeks sailing around the world on my new fleet of luxury yachts.

I’d let others take care of everything else. Some sort of body of people who could work together to solve problems and administer laws. Just leave me and my twunks alone!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 5:25 PM

Would I have magical powers or not? That's the big question!

Because I'd like to do things like stop all the wars and the use of fossil fuels and confiscate the wealth of oligarchs and use it to give the world good medical care and birth control, which is kind of difficult without the use of magical powers, even for a dictator. If I'm stuck with reality, I might not be able to do more than ban social media for being annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 5:41 PM

It sounds like you'd be out of power within months, if not days R9. Having isolated yourself from any influential allies and loyal spies who may have been able to alert you of a planned coup d'etat from the bureacracy that you put in power to govern the globe, (if your so-called allies and spies have not been compromised themselves) you would be a sitting duck. With only the earth's hottest twinks to protect you, there would be no battle, and you would be subdued immediately by the mutant hords left over from the nuclear blast. The Bureau would enslave your Army of Assets, your harem, and confiscated the 200 billion dollars in your bank account, dividing it all amongst themselves.

È la vita.

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 5:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!