Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who the Fuck is Carole Bayer Sager

She’s famous for nothing.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 12:09 AM

Okay, Zoomer.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 9:46 PM

Hussy rode on my coattails.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 9:50 PM

A classic, OP.

Keep your gob shut and learn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 10:04 PM

Carole Bayer Sager is a 1970s / 1980s songwriter. She won recognition and awards for writing lyrics to some popular movie themes.

I think she wrote the music or lyrics from ARTHUR and ITS MY TURN and ICE CASTLES. I believe Carole Bayer Sager also wrote the # 1 pop hit THAT"S WHAT FRIENDS ARE FOR from some 1980s comedy. Carole Bayer Sager wrote the James Bond theme for THE SPY WHO LOVED ME.

I think she is almost an EGOT, I know she's won an Academy Award for one of those movie themes.

Isn't the musical THEY"RE PLAYING OUR SONG based on Carole Bayer Sager's experience as a female songwriter?

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 11:18 PM

Forgettable stuff from a period full of forgettable music. Awkward phrasing like Arthur's Song (Burt played a role, of course).

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 11:22 PM

She also invented aspirin.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 11:25 PM

Two points for that response R6.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 11:27 PM

Yes, they're playing our song is about her relationship with Marvin Hamlisch. She wrote lot of songs with Peter Allen, and also co-wrote Don't Cry Out Loud (with Allen), Midnight Blue, On My Own, and When I Need You, the latter of which was subject to a lawsuit because it bore a musical similarity to Leonard Cohen's Famous Blue Raincoat.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 11:43 PM

If it hadn't been for her, we wouldn't have had this moment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 12:05 AM

she was third or fourth choice to play Harriet Tubman if our Julia didnt want the role

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 12:09 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!