Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg has admitted Bernie can win, so why is he running?

Hint: He was a Republican in 2018. Video of his quote below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2020 2:59 PM

Bernie can’t win this time. Trump is a freight train running through the constitution. Bloomberg can beat him, but not Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 6:53 PM

R1 Bloomberg is a racist, sexist, authoritarian with no support outside of polls - you know, the things that don't matter when Bernie is the front runner by 10+ points - and he was a Republican in 2018.

It ain't gonna happen. We're not gonna let it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 6:55 PM

Will he debate tonight?

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 6:56 PM

R3 I think he will and I cannot wait.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 6:57 PM

if you have as much money as Bloomberg does maybe running for president would be fun or maybe Bloomberg just hates Donald J. Dump-Chump as much as I do.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 7:02 PM

The debate will give us an opportunity to size him up, lol.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 7:04 PM

Does he, though?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 7:04 PM

Really, does he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 7:05 PM

Even pure evil bows to the light.

by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2020 5:10 AM

Maybe the US would like a healthy President who will live long enough to capably undo and rectify the gross errors and harm from the previous administration, and that's why Bloomberg is running.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2020 5:12 AM

Healthy?

Details: Bloomberg underwent a coronary stent placement for a blocked artery in 2000, and his doctor reports that he has undergone routine cardiac stress testing since then. In 2018, Bloomberg developed atrial fibrillation — a form of irregular heartbeat — for which he now takes a blood thinner. Bloomberg also takes medicine to control his cholesterol, in addition to a beta-blocker. Bloomberg's doctors says he has also had "small skin cancers removed, and is treated for arthritis and heartburn, both of which are well controlled." The letter also notes that Bloomberg "exercises several times a week and plays golf avidly."

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2020 5:16 AM

Bernie doesn’t nor has ever had cancer.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2020 5:16 AM

Bloomberg will bring back Stop and Frisk.

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2020 5:17 AM

R13 I have this ominous feeling that the establishment has picked Dump and Doomberg for nefarious reasons rooted in Climate Change...

We’re about to turn into South America and water will be our main commodity!

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2020 5:31 AM

Maybe the US would be much better off becoming 50 new territories of Canada and dumping its shit cultural baggage, instead of fielding ancient white guys either dedicated to making life even better for the 1% at the expense of the 99%, or bankrupting the country while being in complete denial about foreign state involvement. Wouldn't you like to have a young, active, liberal democratic government, no electoral college, paper ballots and Scantron machines to accept ballots filled in by hand?

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2020 5:36 AM

[quote] Wouldn't you like to have a young, active, liberal democratic government, no electoral college, paper ballots and Scantron machines to accept ballots filled in by hand?

I do. I wept about this shit the other day. I would’ve ragged on myself if not for years of therapy and a quiet, innate strength.

We have the right to pissed off about this shit and yes, even sad/hurt.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2020 5:39 AM

Oh hey I pay nothing for healthcare insurance. 'Tis free since January 1 2020. You too could have that if you have a prosperous Canadian territory or province with a left-of-center government like I have. Maybe you guys should have kept Jay Inslee, Kamala Harris in the race.

We were looking forward to seeing if the US could manage a candidate with absolutely no involvement with a foreign adversary that direclty infringed upon the sovereignty of the United States. As long as you guys float septuagenarian, ailing candidates who directly benefitted from Russian interference, both politically and monetarily, you'll be flushing your sovereignty and constitutional republic down the drain.

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2020 5:49 AM

R17 This fight isn’t over yet....

It’s actually about to get real good.

by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2020 2:13 PM

ugh, i dread this in every single way. the DL is so fucking stupid when it comes to politics, wrong every every single time in the past twenty years I've been coming here.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2020 2:15 PM

Bernie CANNOT win.

by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2020 2:39 PM

Trump was a Democrat most of his life, but he’s not talking though any left agenda, is he? There are 3 options when you run for office in America and Independents don’t usually do was well as Democrats or Republicans, which makes this argument a moot point.

I’m not a Bloomberg fan, but I’ll take him if he can beat Trump.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2020 2:45 PM

Bloomberg did not become a billionaire by throwing his money away.

He's running and spending a lot of his money because he's gotten the best polling that money can buy that shows that all of the other current Democratic candidates have very risky chances of beating Trump. And he doesn't want to take a chance on that happening.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2020 2:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!