Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump Commutes Sentence of Rod Blagojevich, Pardons Michael Milken, and Another Jackass

Trump is just evil, and I don’t know how some people don’t see it. His choice of deserving people is a real disgrace!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 21, 2020 1:25 AM

Wait until he does the same with Stone and Flynn.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 6:43 PM

That guy who ran a cult out of his daughter's Sarah Lawrence dorm room was Kerik's best man when he got married.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 6:49 PM

I don't know why politicians do all these pardons. I mean, I understand pardoning someone who may have been falsely convicted, but why pardon assholes who were obviously guilty?

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 6:50 PM

He's pardoning and commuting the sentences of people convicted of the same crimes he is guilty of.

He will likely commute whatever sentence Roger Stone gets. This is a blitz to numb the public from that and say "it's not just about people who can help me politically!"

He is a repugnant crook and needs to be removed from office.

Incidentally the three senators who voted to keep him and not allow witnesses in his impeachment trial all got federal funding for pet projects for their districts within two weeks after his acquittal. Clearly bribed.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 6:53 PM

He's pardoning because he's an enboldened POS, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 6:54 PM

Who will he pardon next - Hitler?

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 6:57 PM

Oh, and he's also doing it to give cover to Bill Barr. He's shifting the focus from Barr to himself because Barr is in serious danger at the moment and he doesn't want to lose him.

He did this after meeting with Barr for 15 minutes earlier.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 6:58 PM

He's an emboldened tinpot dictator and he's sending a message about what he'll let people (including himelf) get away. I'm just unsure about how well this plays to swing voters, if they matter to him. His base is stupid and shameless enough to believe anything, but these guys are bywords for corruption even in middle America. It's really going to go down well that he pardoned Michael Milken, poster boy for Wall Street malfeasance? Why would T-Rump even want to remind people of Michael Milken, let alone identify himself with him?

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 7:01 PM

NORMALIZING CORRUPTION.

Welcome to Banana Republicanism, folks! DEMOCRACY IS OVER IN AMERICA.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 7:08 PM

Hot daddy Rod is back in business. Gay Chicagoans rejoice!

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 7:09 PM

[quote] His choice of deserving people is a real disgrace!

Likewise his choice to give that award to Rush Limburger. Trump really Is evil, and he flaunts it. He has awful judgement.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 7:10 PM

Did he switch his Lego hair out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 7:11 PM

[quote] Trump is just evil, and I don’t know how some people don’t see it. His choice of deserving people is a real disgrace!

People argue that most Americans who support Trump are ignorant. However, I argue that many Americans are also evil or attracted to Trump's evil, after having decades of such "leadership" rob them of affordable healthcare, net neutrality, their savings. If they're of a certain age they might not know any better.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 7:17 PM

Crooks have to stick together

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 7:24 PM

Yeah R13 but these idiots keep voting for Republicans who won't give them affordable health and decent wages etc. This is on them. They are too stupid to realize it. And then there is the obsession with Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 7:26 PM

Ex Gov. Rod Blagojevich deserved to have his sentence commuted, he should be pardoned. That U S Senate seat was an appointment was so crooked. Wasn't there a black guy that deserved to be sentenced like Rod but wasn't? That whole thing was so underhanded but Blagojevich was the only one sent to prison with a much to long sentence. Congrats Rod you paid dearly.

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 7:29 PM

r15 Could be. I have a very tough time telling the difference between malice and ignorance, especially when some US voter populations and "choosing not to vote out of spite" populations appear to have massive overlap of the two negative qualities.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 7:31 PM

What about Milken's partner in crime Ivan Boesky? Didn't Milken make 1 billion dollars and had to pay back 875 million dollars. I've read he is now worth 3 billion dollars.....hmmmm

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 7:43 PM

Next to be pardoned: Weinstein. He hasn’t pardoned a rapist yet, I understand.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 7:44 PM

Yes, he has pardoned a rapist.

He pardoned himself.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2020 7:54 PM

The Blagojevich pardon is a bit weird, considering he was an IL governor. But he served 8 years of a 14 year sentence. Apparently by law he was required to serve 85% of that, or 12 years. So he took 4 years off. Not really that much.

The rest don't make any sense - they're not in jail. So he just cleared their records?

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2020 7:55 PM

R13, I'm glad you made that point. I believe that many Trump voters enjoy cruelty, and are willing to be hurt themselves into to make others suffer even more. In short, they enjoy evil. Remember, countries like German, Italy and Japan were not full of meth-adddicted idiots. No, they went flying off the edge of the cliff despite having educated populations, powerful cultural traditions, and a reverence for the past. What Trump and other authoritarians have going for them is the fact that people worship of cruelty and power.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2020 7:58 PM

This sort of thing makes you realise the US is basically an 18th century elective monarchy, whose ruler can give his family government jobs with impunity, ignore conventions at his pleasure and pardon criminals on a whim. How is this appropriate in the modern world?

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2020 7:59 PM

The Daily Beast's Noah Schachtman:

Nothing says "corruption fighter" quite like pardoning a slew of politicians and public officials convicted of corruption.

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2020 8:00 PM

How are they covering this on Fox? It's not exactly Drain the Swamp material.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2020 8:01 PM

Rick Wilson:

All y'all clickservative Trump media hustlers better delete all those old tweets talking about how Blago was a corrupt villain and it reflected so poorly on Obama. Hustle up!

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2020 8:03 PM

Rod appeared on The Apprentice.

Maybe he gave Trump the blow job of a lifetime for a seat at the table.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2020 8:04 PM

Posters here are insane. Blogojevich was absolutely the most retarded politician ever, so corrupt that he blew all the other corrupt Illinois and Chicago crook politicians minds. The most corrupt political district in the USA couldn't believe how corrupt he was. He actually made people bring briefcases and brown paper bags full of cash to his office and present them to him, like some kind of drug deal, WHILE explicitly making them talk about the exact nature and logistics of the kickback deal, influence, or scheme they were paying for. So many good long form articles to read that really cover this story. Americans are always shocked when their leaders actually go to jail, for real, that they can't stand the idea of them doing time like the rest of us would for much smaller crimes. He literally sold positions, like it was Craigslist or some kinda shit. Man people, read actual journalism, not just one paragraph propaganda by FOX or MSNBC. There is still some out there, even Vanity Fair had a very good expose at the time. Dude used to carry around garbage bags full of cash. Literally. All the time.

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2020 8:04 PM

r16 That is ridiculous. Rod was the most corrupt governor we've ever had, and that's saying something. He deserved every year of that sentence.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 8:10 PM

Trump must be devastated that he never got the chance to pardon Epstein.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2020 8:11 PM

I'm old enough to remember when Senate Republicans acquitted Trump because he his Ukraine call was nothing more than a demonstration of his commitment to ferreting out and punishing corruption.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2020 8:11 PM

I guess Trump is trying to get everyone in the country to hate him? Milken? I hope Trump keeps cutting his own throat.

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2020 8:12 PM

[quote]This sort of thing makes you realise the US is basically an 18th century elective monarchy, whose ruler can give his family government jobs with impunity, ignore conventions at his pleasure and pardon criminals on a whim. How is this appropriate in the modern world?

Nothing could be more appropriate to the wonderful age we're living in!

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote] I hope Trump keeps cutting his own throat.

I hope so, too. Right up to election day.

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2020 8:36 PM

Trump won't bother pardoning Stone.

His case calls for him to be Epsteined.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2020 8:37 PM

Timing these pardons for now sends a message to Stone and to the Judge that he can pardon, and he will pardon. Interesting that Fitzgerald who prosecuted either Milken or Blagojevich was a close personal friend of Comey's, and some of these investigations and prosecutions came out of the SDNY or the EDNY. Trump is a vindictive son of bitch. Consumed with it.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2020 8:40 PM

It’s all about the courts. The confederacy wants to stack the courts so that things like desegregation & the New Deal can never happen again. They’ll let Trump do what he wants. The media doesn’t matter because there are 783,345 media outlets nowadays. It’s not like the nation sits down to watch 60 Minutes on Sunday Nights anymore & gets collectively outraged at Nixon’s crimes,

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 8:40 PM

"I hope Trump keeps cutting his own throat.

I hope so, too. Right up to election day. ------------------------------------------------------- His base loves this kind of stuff, and his base is over half the country, and some of them can read, but most aren't going to research who Milken was, or what happened with junk bonds in the 1980's, ask a Trump person under the age of 40 what the Savings and Loans crisis was all about. Rod Bloggo has "cool" hair like Trump. I think that is the main reason. And, in comparison, it makes Trump look somehow less corrupt? It's an insane strategy, but he's been doing this audacious stuff from the beginning, and people either don't care, or they lap it up.

Also, it reinforces his power, Trumps flunkeys can be assured they won't spend time in jail no matter what crimes they commit. Less likely to talk.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 8:41 PM

His base is not over half the country.

They think his and Blago's hair is "cool"?

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2020 8:51 PM

I don’t see NYC or NY state going after Trump crimes & tax evasion. Nothing in federal court will ever touch Trump & he will pardon everyone. And well just hear “Well, NYC will bring charges....” and “NY state will bring charges....”: And....crickets. Nothing. Trump has committed m9ney laundering & tax evasion & 5gere are no charges being brought against him. He said in a deposition about Trump Soho years ago, “I’m worth whatever I feel like. Whatever mood I’m in that day.” And nothing happened.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2020 8:53 PM

Trump’s base is closer to 30% of the country. In the last election, his base plus others elected him with less than 50% of the vote.

by Anonymousreply 41February 18, 2020 8:57 PM

At least Rob served 8 years...that is good. Lowlife, murdering thug, Flynn will serve no time.

by Anonymousreply 42February 18, 2020 9:08 PM

Presidential pardon power is undemocratic. For every mercy pardon you get a donor pardon or similar and now this.

by Anonymousreply 43February 18, 2020 9:13 PM

Ah, a confederacy of deplorables parading out of the pen. Fuck Trump. No one should pardon him. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 44February 18, 2020 9:17 PM

[quote]So he just cleared their records?

Not even that. A pardon doesn't undo the original conviction. They're still guilty.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2020 9:50 PM

I honestly believe that Trump does things purposely to irritate people. It doesn’t hurt him to pardon a few creeps, and if it will irritate the libs, great!

If it occurs to him, after he loses reelection to a yellow dog, he very well might take revenge on all the people who failed him by pardoning ALL the felons in prison. He’s that batshit crazy, and vindictive (on society). His aides would have to tell him or requires his original signature on every pardon, which isn’t true, but might stop him. He’s so stupid, he might not think of it.

I wrote a couple years ago: Hitler claimed that the German people had failed him, personally, and therefore deserved the oncoming occupation and worse. I think Trump will be that way.

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2020 11:47 PM

44.5 is doing a wonderful job,defecating on the American constitution!

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2020 12:53 AM

Trump should not have pardoned Blago until he produced nude photos of the man.

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2020 1:08 AM

Of all the vile and traitorous things Trump has done, this isn't even a minor blip on my radar.

All Presidents pardon and commute and abuse that power, I think this power should be taken away from the President and given to a bi-partisan commission, consisting three people one each appointed by the the Speaker of the House, The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, and the President, the decision to pardon or commute would have to be unanimous.

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2020 1:49 AM

Some of you need to please try harder to understand the plan. The chatter is that Trump has this "base." He doesn't R41 is closer to the truth than many of you realize. The people who voted for Trump in 2016 are not the same ones supporting him today. Many have walked away from him. He hasn't grown his base and attracted new support. But they are giving American voters the mind fucking of their lives, and the media is either deliberately or inadvertently complicit. First they want to discourage you. So you hear a lot about how strong the economy looks. How invincible he is, etc.,etc., etc. Then we get the whole "Who can beat Trump?" The real answer to that question is Us. We can beat Trump. But they want to divide us so they, Trump people are pushing Bernie. Big time. And they're creating divisions all over the place. They have ACORN people out there disrupting fundraisers, heckling crowds and threatening and bullying people. They want to suppress the vote and negative campaigning suppresses the vote. They'll do anything they can to discourage turnout. They will fuck with your head. Throw up your hands and just surrender." Don't vote. Trump's re-election is inevitable."

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2020 2:01 AM

R50 add the names of the Keating 5, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd to the Savings and Loan crash. Milken and Boesky went to the pen, the rest got pensions courtsey of the U. S. Taxpayer.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2020 8:48 AM

R50 should be r38.

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2020 9:40 AM

I was going to argue that Trump should never have pardoned the pol who wore a denim suit in public. But I think I'm confusing crooked politicians. Does any fellow DLEG remember an infamously crooked politician showing up at a press conference or on the floor of Congress wearing a denim suit? Possibly he also was wearing a toupee that looked like a dead squirrel? Maybe he was from Ohio? Please help me before I lose my mind altogether.

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2020 10:08 AM

Good for him. Obama was in on this all along. He threw G-Rod under the bus, just like his white grandma who reared him.

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2020 10:59 AM

BUT OBAMA! is old hat, R54. I see you wear a red cap.

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2020 11:09 AM

Yes.r54 It is Trumps duty to uplift whiteness and right the wrong of "a black " in the white house. It is his duty to restore all that is white in the world. The white house is white, white white. So is Jesus and so is POTUS. All is white in the world.

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2020 11:37 AM

Trump's time in the oval office is intended to restore all that is white the world. It proves the worst white,the least accomplished,the least educated, the most compromised morally is a 1000 times worth more than the most accomplished black.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2020 11:39 AM

I believe presidential pardons should not be allowed. Obama pardoned 212 people and commuted 1715 sentences. Clinton - 456. Trump so far 19 pardons and 7 commutations.

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2020 11:42 AM

[quote]I hope Trump keeps cutting his own throat.

I just hope he gets better at it.

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2020 11:47 AM

"add the names of the Keating 5, Barney Frank, Chris Dodd to the Savings and Loan crash"

Here come the Republican conspiracy theorists

by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2020 3:49 PM

His daughters are rather unfortunate looking.

But Blago looks leaner after prison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2020 4:44 PM

[quote]Does any fellow DLEG remember an infamously crooked politician showing up at a press conference or on the floor of Congress wearing a denim suit?

You're talking about James Traficant, from Youngstown. He was incredibly corrupt. He's dead now.

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2020 9:53 PM

James Traficant also had even worse hair than Blago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2020 9:54 PM

I would do Blago in a second!

by Anonymousreply 64February 21, 2020 1:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!