Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg: "Black and Latino males aged let's say 16-25, don’t know how to behave in the workplace."

Notice how the NY Post cleverly restructures his quote to act as if it isn't what it is in my title?

Video below of Bloomberg saying the quote in my title.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 20, 2020 12:25 AM

Bloombergs full quote is in the ad below, midway-to-towards the end of the vid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 6:07 PM

Like I said a few days ago, he is no better than Trump

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 6:20 PM

It's not racist. It's true, although I'll add that it definitely applies to whites as well. And it applies to people up to their mid-30s. We had a terrible time with a millennial (white, age 32) in our group. Wouldn't dress properly for work, wouldn't follow instructions, got pissy when people explained how to do his job properly, constantly late for everything, demanded considerations not given to other employees, etc. And I cringe when I have a problem in a retail or service environment and the staff is latino/a. I know I will not get anywhere unless I complain to corporate or upper management.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 6:23 PM

R2 Well,, DL apparently needs 24/7 reminding. I'm a busy bitch, but I'm willing to do the fucking work!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 6:24 PM

R3 it wouldn’t be racist if he included whites. He didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 6:25 PM

Yes, let's use Bloomberg's efforts to improve the situation against him.

[quote]A lot of these kids, it isn’t that they’re bad kids. It’s that once they made a mistake, it’s very difficult to recover from that. But we have an obligation to them, if not for compassionate reasons, just for selfish reasons.

Even when he's supporting Obama:

[quote]There’s no debate whatsoever that for people of color, and others, America has failed to deliver on its bedrock principle of equality of opportunity in the workplace. Everyone knows that, but few are able to address at least part of it in a meaningful way as Mike did through his administration’s Young Men’s Initiative, which Mike is discussing and what became the national blueprint for President Obama’s My Brother’s Keeper program.

Okay then.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 6:31 PM

Please. Plenty of whites in that age group are functionally retarded when it comes to appropriate workplace behavior. I could write a damn book about it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 6:34 PM

R6 A lot of words; the same words rearranged that he used for his bigoted and racist stances. Not buying it and the more words you use to defend this trash, the less I buy it.

Shit adorned, is shit adorned.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 6:34 PM

I hate him but he could beat Trump. In 4 years we could get someone different.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 6:39 PM

He could have gotten a pass on this if he called it “learning office politics” or something.

He’s coarse and crass.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 6:40 PM

He's not wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 6:47 PM

Bloomberg has admitted Bernie can win. Why is he running? Hint: Bloomberg was a Republican in 2018.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 6:48 PM

Girl quit posting the same EXACT posts in EVERY thread. That guy is a right wing shit stain. Stop promoting him here.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 6:59 PM

R13 Bloomberg?

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 7:05 PM

Some black people on Twitter were reminding the SJWs that stop and frisk had a lot of black support.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 7:12 PM

Convince me he’s wrong

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 7:16 PM

This guy should not be running for President. The fact that he’s 78 years old is disqualifying in itself.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 7:20 PM

Then vote for Trump assholes. He’ll take care of you.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 7:23 PM

He's partly right. My company has a lot of young, female employees (18 to 30). None of them no how to behave, dress appropriately for an office environment. They really don't have the least bit of common sense

The majority of 16-25 year olds of all races, nationalities and genders don't know how to behave in the workplace

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 7:23 PM

[quote]The majority of 16-25 year olds of all races, nationalities and genders don't know how to behave in the workplace.

Yes. That’s true. However, Bloomberg singled out Blacks and Latinos because he’s a racist.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2020 7:31 PM

What makes his comment racist is not just that he singled out black and Latino males, but that he implied that ALL black and Latino males under 25 behave inappropriately in the workplace. There’s not a single black or Latino male under 25 who knows how to behave professionally, according to Bloomberg.

As a young, black professional male this biased bullshit is why I work so hard to dissipate these misconceptions about me as an individual.

One of Bloomberg’s daughters married into a rich white family who I know personally from growing up. Every single one of them were addicted to drugs, but let Bloomberg tell it, drug abuse is just a black and brown problem.

This guy really is a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2020 7:45 PM

He's still better than Bernie or Trump. So if those are my choices, I'll vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2020 7:51 PM

If Trump had said that, people would be apoplectic right now.

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]If Trump had said that, people would be...

On the left: shrugging their shoulders. On the right: cheering him wildly.

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2020 8:24 PM

[quote] Bloomberg singled out Blacks and Latinos...

Because he was giving a speech on the predecessor to Obama's My Brother’s Keeper program.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2020 8:25 PM

The question I have for R21 is why, with the huge African-American community in New York, how and why did Bloomberg continue to get elected and even got the City Counsel to change the rules for him to run again? Is NY's AA community that powerless? Why did so many liberals and progressives vote for him with this record? I'm serious, and not just trolling. I am only vaguely familiar with Bloomberg's administration overall, but was well aware of Stop and Frisk and that controversy, but as a non-NYer I didn't and don't follow it well enough to understand this dynamic. Did he merely buy the mayoral race?

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2020 8:35 PM

[quote]...but that he implied that ALL black and Latino males under 25 behave inappropriately in the workplace. There’s not a single black or Latino male under 25 who knows how to behave professionally, according to Bloomberg.

Get your facts right. He starts off by saying "there is this enormous cohort...". At no point did he say every single black and latino male. The quotes at R6 shows he has empathy. Blacks and latinos are better off with someone who has the courage to directly address their problems than with some "woke" person who won't go anywhere near it for fear of the dumb "racist!" accusations that are now being directed at Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2020 8:43 PM

Bloomberg is a Republican but Trump is even worse.

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2020 9:05 PM

So, do we want an apologetic racist or fat fuck racist? This country is fuuuuuucked.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 9:12 PM

So, basically he said what people think but won't say. Big deal. Trump did the same thing and he's president.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2020 9:20 PM

You're forgetting something else very important. Bloomberg is not a blazing imbecile like Trump. Putting aside the race issues for a second, Trump is an unintelligent boor. His presidency is a disgrace.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2020 9:27 PM

^I agree with this but Bloomberg made an unfortunate generalization. He is clearly a racist.

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2020 9:32 PM

That’s a great question about Bloomberg regarding his being elected THREE times by city with majority democrats.

Well?

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2020 9:39 PM

Deplorables are warming up to him. If he gets their support the Plump is toast.

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2020 9:40 PM

Rudy Guiliani was elected for two terms. Let's make him Bloomberg's VP.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2020 9:41 PM

God forbid a white billionaire works with organizations to discuss the issues facing systematic poverty and issues with their ability to join the workforce. there is something racially uncomfortable and wrong about singling out blacks and hispanics but this was part of a discussion about how to get a very specific demographic into the work force. That comes with issues like the one he inartfully commented on. (Kind of like how affirmative action wasn't enough--colleges spent decades trying to deal with the issues surrounding affirmative action--they gave minorities the spots, figured out the financial aid, and then eventually realized more resources were needed to help them acclimate and stay afloat as they weren't as educationally prepared to keep up freshman year--extra tutoring was needed--and many schools did figure out how to turn an affirmative action slot into a graduating student four years later).

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2020 9:47 PM

Let us discuss the meaning of the phrase "Lesser of two evils."

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 9:49 PM

[quote]He's still better than Bernie or Trump. So if those are my choices, I'll vote for him.

All three of them are equally awful. I will not vote for any one of them.

I am hoping that Amy or Pete is the nominee, otherwise I will not vote.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 10:38 PM

How can you say that anyone is as bad as Trump R38? Do you WANT him to get another 4 years? Crazy.

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2020 10:40 PM

Oh FFS. Really America, we’re doing this? We’re gonna go with this arrogant asshole to replace the other one? I fucking hate this country.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2020 10:51 PM

I just found out that he said as recently as last year that legalizing marijuana was the biggest mistake ever. Ever? I'm so sure. Only somebody in his position who loves Big Pharma would say something so ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2020 12:56 AM

Please stop with the idea that we have to choose between Bloomberg and Trump. Bloomberg hasn't earned the democratic nomination -- and, most likely, won't get within spitting distance of it.

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2020 1:26 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2020 1:27 AM

I’m disappointed with Obama for allowing Bloomberg to use him in his commercials. Very disappointed. Can’t understand why he’s allowing this. Bloomberg is scum.

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2020 1:30 AM

The justifications in this thread...

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2020 2:29 AM

I'm black. I have zero problems with stop and frisk. I have zero problems with what he said about #metoo. I have zero problems with what he said about trans people. I do have a problem with Bernie Sanders. And if any democrat is foolish enough to let this nonsense sway their votes they deserve 4 more years of Trump or God forbid, 4 years of Bernie and the shitstorm that will bring.

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2020 2:35 AM

Now that bloomie’s poll numbers are up expect dozens of posts like this one from the Bernie cult on a daily basis.

Then imagine what they’d be like if he got elected.

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2020 2:39 AM

R46 I don’t believe you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2020 2:39 AM

Bloomberg is a RACIST. Also, he is very good friends with the Trumps.

by Anonymousreply 49February 19, 2020 2:45 AM

Would love it if someone commented to Bloomberg that since he's Jewish he must be a member of the deviant sexual predator fraternity of Epstein, Weinstein and Dershowitz.

by Anonymousreply 50February 19, 2020 3:13 AM

Still, his billions will win blacks over. Bling trumps racism.

by Anonymousreply 51February 19, 2020 3:17 AM

R50 Thankfully, we shave Bernie who has truly never.

by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2020 3:17 AM

They're all so fucking old.

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2020 3:18 AM

*have

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2020 3:20 AM

This has got to be one of his best quotes, really...

In between referring to members of the trans community as “it” and telling a staff member to “kill it” when she informed him she was pregnant, this one nestles quite nicely!

by Anonymousreply 55February 19, 2020 5:08 AM

One thing that I notice about Bloomberg is how dead his eyes are...cold and distant.

by Anonymousreply 56February 19, 2020 12:23 PM

Where is the entire video? This is a 19 second video taken from a longer conversation he was having. Why not post the entire video?

After the 2016 election, it was revealed the many of the quote divisive unquote black live matters social media postings originated in the Ukraine. As fucked up as this is, and it's scary too, it's actually very funny. The enemy knows the US inside and out. We don't know them but they knows US. They know something as little as a statement "black lives matter" is enough to make whites fume and rage. trump is a scorched earth campaign against Obama's two successful terms. the enemy knows whites would rather burn the white house down than have a black in the white house ever again.

by Anonymousreply 57February 19, 2020 12:43 PM

R50 Jewish deviants. Straight out of Nazi propaganda. There are far more Black and Latino thugs, racists and bigots. But then, you knew that Nazi Jew-hating trash.

by Anonymousreply 58February 19, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote]One thing that I notice about Bloomberg is how dead his eyes are...cold and distant.

That’s because his whole body is nearly dead at age 78.

by Anonymousreply 59February 19, 2020 1:24 PM

All the SWJ progressive outrage isn't going to win their god the nomination. A moderate will get it: the DNC primary process isn't like the winner-take-all GOP delegate allocation process. As long as you get 15%, you get a share of the delegates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 19, 2020 1:34 PM

R60 And if they try doing this again, they will splinter the party perhaps irreparably.

by Anonymousreply 61February 19, 2020 2:05 PM

R58 you’re not well. Take a bottle of sleeping pills and put all of us out of YOUR misery.

by Anonymousreply 62February 19, 2020 4:03 PM

r58 get your head out of your ass.

If Bloomberg wants to throw stereotypes out there he shouldn't mind if some get thrown at him.

There are reprehensible members of any group you can name. Those of us regular tax payers need to be smarter than buying into stereotypes but if those with all the power and visibility are going to use them in order to divide us, they need to be included as well.

There are plenty of negative stereotypes about Jews I didn't throw out there. I was simply making a point you dumb motherfucker.

by Anonymousreply 63February 19, 2020 4:54 PM

A lot of young people don't know how to act in a workplace - particularly in regards to their phones. And yet they don't seem to care either.

Does no one address how to act professionally during any part of their education?

by Anonymousreply 64February 19, 2020 5:02 PM

You cannot discriminate against someone because of their age, sex or race in the workplace, it's against the law. Just like you can't discriminate against someone because of their sexuality.

by Anonymousreply 65February 19, 2020 5:32 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 19, 2020 5:34 PM

Good point, R63.

by Anonymousreply 67February 19, 2020 7:11 PM

Plenty of black and brown New Yorkers supported stop-and-frisk at the time.

by Anonymousreply 68February 19, 2020 7:31 PM

Bernie will be asking him about this quote tonight.

by Anonymousreply 69February 19, 2020 11:08 PM

He should have said most males of all races don't yet have the maturity or motivation to behave in the workplace.

by Anonymousreply 70February 19, 2020 11:11 PM

But he didn’t, R70.

by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2020 11:44 PM

Bern Bro knows. He uses social media with other Bern Bros. They say it's fun making lists of free stuff coming their way via Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2020 11:51 PM

R22 lol. You know you’re retarded, don’t you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2020 11:54 PM

Michael Bloomberg is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 74February 20, 2020 12:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!