Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Two Miami Gay Men May Have Been Shot Just for Kissing in Car

Two men in a moving vehicle were attacked this week in the Southwest Miami-Dade area by multiple shooters riding ATVs.

Clive Khouri believes he and his unnamed friend, who was shot in the head, were targeted because they are openly gay, WPLG Local 10 News reports.

“When I tried to speed off to come around this corner, they wouldn’t let me. They kept trying to shoot, shoot, shoot,” he said through tears. “Some of the guys probably saw us kissing in the car.”

“One to two, or possibly three all-terrain vehicles approached that car and opened fire,” said Miami-Dade Det. Alvaro Zabaleta of the triple shooting.

Khouri, whose head was grazed by a bullet, said his friend is in serious condition.

Shakena Jefferson, a bystander, was also grazed by a bullet during the incident and remains in pain. “My wife got shot in the head,” said Janet Medley. “The bullets were just flying across my ear.”

Florida’s hate crime law covers crimes motivated by sexual orientation.

Police are still searching for the shooters. Anyone with info about their identities is encouraged to contact Miami-Dade Crime Stoppers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 9:34 PM

Bizarre details.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 3:03 PM

I hope the top's okay.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 3:04 PM

In Florida, this is a misdemeanor.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 3:19 PM

If the unnamed pal is Muslim, then it was an unsuccessful attempted honor killing.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 3:40 PM

It’s Florida. It could be any reason!

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 8:02 PM

"just for kissing", you mean there can be a reason to shoot them?

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 9:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!