Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Thunderbirds Are Go!" Amazon Prime Original

What is this abomination? The fun on Thunderbirds IS they are puppets. That's why the live action picture failed. Just No.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 10:54 PM

Although during the "Oceans 11" series I thought a live action movie with Clooney, Damon, Pitt as the boys and Burt Reynolds as the Father with Julia Roberts as Lady Penelope would have gotten the goofiness of it all and made a fun movie.

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 12:42 PM

Now this is better...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 12:43 PM

Never was a Thunderbirds fan so much but watching the CGI clip, this new version strips the show of ALL its charm..

They made the same mistake with the reboot of Captain Scarlet and much moreso with Thomas the Tank. They just won't let the little kids use their imaginations as they enjoy the shows as they could the older versions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 12:54 PM

OP, this project is not about being fun for you. It's about all the related merchandising opportunities that will extend for decades into the future, should this film be a hit. (And no bitchy actors to placate!)

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 12:57 PM

Not a film, it's a series on Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 1:09 PM

Takes me back to lazy Saturday mornings of my wasted adolescence, where I whiled away hours carelessly masturbating to Charlie Simpson’s pouty puffy lips whenever this stupid music video came on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 1:42 PM

They’ve turned glam Lady Penelope into a Barbie doll. Unforgivable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2020 9:28 PM

The REAL Lady Penelope

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2020 10:54 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!