Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Boy Scouts of America is Bankrupt

Too many sex abuse lawsuits? Insistence on going co-ed?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 9:41 PM

no cookies

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 6:42 AM

Get Trump to do another rally.

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 8:41 AM

I'll underwrite their continued operation for 10 years but there are conditions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 9:06 AM

R1 is actually correct. The Girl Scouts make an absolute killing as most who eat cookies love their product. The Boy Scouts hideously overpriced and inferior quality popcorn is a difficult sell.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 9:17 AM

Oh no! Just as I was finally about to join! FOMO.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 9:23 AM

They're run by homophobes so good riddance

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 5:37 PM

I am sure REx Tilerson is happy now after destroying this institution

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 5:41 PM

It seems out of date - like something you associate with the 1950’s.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 5:48 PM

The left will always be blamed for destroying the Boy Scouts

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 6:15 PM

I grew up in a rural area, and we didn't have Boy Scouts or Girl Scouts. We had 4-H clubs. They were run by men and women together and whole families would attend and participate. There was no pedophilia or creepy vibe. 4-H may not be as big as it once was, but at least it didn't have scandals like this.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 6:32 PM

It's the law suits that have brought them to financial ruin- and with very good reason. Same issue as the RC Church only they don't have the bucks. All disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 9:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!