Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dogs from Hell

I'm considering moving in with my boyfriend, but his dog is a nightmare -- one of those yappy rats that is never still and sprays and snarls and pees everywhere and is generally unpleasant. It has free run of the household, regularly destroying valuable items. What to do? What have you done if ever faced with this dilemma?

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2020 7:37 PM

Cyanide

by Anonymousreply 1February 18, 2020 1:28 AM

Bf and dog are better off without cunt op!

by Anonymousreply 2February 18, 2020 1:29 AM

Never force a man to choose between you and his dog, which is what would happen if you move in and can't learn to peacefully co-exist with the dog (who sounds vile). Wait until it dies before you move in -- but little dogs have long lifespans (12-16 years or more), so maybe better to just get a new BF.

by Anonymousreply 3February 18, 2020 1:36 AM

The reason the dog is acting vile is because your bf--his master-- lets him. That's a red flag there, OP. You will never be happy with this guy.

by Anonymousreply 4February 18, 2020 1:42 AM

It sounds like an abomination but if you kick it surreptitiously a few times it will steer clear of you from then on.

Hilarious to see all the tragic 300lb rescue fraus piling on to defend the ugly rat dog.

by Anonymousreply 5February 18, 2020 1:45 AM

No relationship is worth that. Seriously. Get away, OP.

by Anonymousreply 6February 18, 2020 1:46 AM

I was thinking about this just today looking at a friends disgustingly ugly little black dog and wondering whether I could live with it.

by Anonymousreply 7February 18, 2020 1:48 AM

You could try to love the yapping nervous little fucker.

by Anonymousreply 8February 18, 2020 1:48 AM

Kill yourself, the yappy cunt dog, and your cunt of a "boyfriend" for having such a cunt dog.

by Anonymousreply 9February 18, 2020 1:49 AM

I hate yappy dogs, and their owners are even worse.

by Anonymousreply 10February 18, 2020 1:50 AM

Take it for a walk in Central Park

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 18, 2020 1:50 AM

I would say I would move in after the dog went to the dog trainer I offered to pay for. and I have lost weight r5

by Anonymousreply 12February 18, 2020 1:51 AM

There are so many Idiots on this board, I almost hesitate to suggest some common sense. But I want to point out how many idiots had an immediate reaction to tell a stranger to throw away a great relationship over a poorly trained animal.

You are talking about a poorly trained animal. This is almost definitely not the animals fault. Have some conversations with your boyfriend about training and make sure that he understands that the training is more about him than it is about the dog. It doesn’t matter how much you pay a trainer if you aren’t willing to put the homework in yourself. Get one or two sessions with a dog trainer And see if there is improvement before moving in with it.

by Anonymousreply 13February 18, 2020 1:55 AM

Anti dog people are the vile ones!

by Anonymousreply 14February 18, 2020 1:55 AM

Volunteer to take it to the dog park and let it say hello to some pit bulls.

by Anonymousreply 15February 18, 2020 1:58 AM

R14 - ugly rescue frau

by Anonymousreply 16February 18, 2020 1:58 AM

I would request that the dog goes to get training before you move in and that you'll split the cost.

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 2:08 AM

What kind of masochist would live with a dog like that instead of getting it trained? Unless OP is turned on by such people, he'd never be happy living with the doormat BF, let alone the terrorist dog.

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 2:13 AM

Just "accidentally" step on its neck 3 or 4 times.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 2:16 AM

I stopped being friends with someone who was in this exact same situation. The dog had a habit of getting loose and being picked up by the dog catcher. The last time it happened, the boyfriend was out of town so my friend went to the pound to see if the dog was there. He was, but instead of releasing it my friend asked them to put the dog to sleep, claiming it killed cats when it got loose.

Evilest mother fucker I’ve ever known.

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2020 2:21 AM

Act like you fell in love with the little monster ,then 3 months into living with him take it about 30 miles away and chunk it out the window . If It was a child we were talking about Id say the same .

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2020 2:24 AM

R11 made me LOL. I’ve seen those birds tear up a pigeon like Chrissy Metz eating an Oreo. Savage.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2020 2:28 AM

My brother currently has a dog from hell. I loved his other dogs, and they loved me. I could always look forward to have a wiggling little buddy in my lap during any visit. His current dog seems to have a lot of health issues, and he's constantly taking her to the vet to try to sort things out. In the meantime, she pisses and poops and pukes everywhere: he can't seem to get her trained. And she doesn't just nip me: she bites HARD. I went to see him a few months ago, and he showed me how she had ripped up a quilt that our Grandma had made for our Dad, back in the 30s. I got so upset I almost cried, and finally said that she was a Devil Dog. He just said, "but she's MY Devil Dog'. I would never hurt an animal, and I know better than to get in between a boy and his dog. But I visit him much less frequently now.

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2020 2:30 AM

I like most dogs but loath dog fetishists. Except for Trevor Donovan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2020 2:38 AM

Dogs are so easy to house train. Children are 1,000% harder to potty train.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2020 2:44 AM

I don't have much experience with dogs, OP, but I do have some childrearing knowledge and advice, and it might just work like a charm for your situation!

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2020 2:46 AM

[quote]sprays... and pees everywhere

Jesus. That must be the most vile dwelling since Gayle Grinds' house.

Why would you consider moving into a pet urinal?

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2020 2:50 AM

OP's new BF sounds like a mess.

People's dogs and children are a reflection of them

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2020 2:57 AM

My sister and her boyfriend adopted a dog from a well-known animal shelter. My sister picked it because it had beautiful eyes and was a good-looking mix.

Well, apparently it had been abused in its former home and it didn’t like humans. It was very neurotic and skittish. To make matters worse, the boyfriend had had a really friendly dog prior to the pretty but spastic dog.

The dog only bonded with the boyfriend, which broke my sister’s heart. She’s a dog person and was so crushed that this dog barely tolerated her. And she was the one who lobbied for it.

I just ignored the dog when I went to their house. My sister was sort of miffed that I stopped trying to make friends with that dog. I’m not going to beg a dog to like me. It didn’t like anyone, and they can tell when you’re being fake.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 3:05 AM

I love dogs but sometimes you get a bad one. Most of the time this can remedied with training and conditioning. It's just an investment some people don't have the money, time or patience for.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2020 3:09 AM

Your boyfriend sounds like trash. Willing to live with pee and piles of poop in his house. What a prize!

Where'd you find him - on the People of Walmart site?

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2020 3:16 AM

Get one of those canned-air horns and blast that little mother fucker when he does stupid shit. Trust me, it works. My mom's dog would always try to bite me, and bark like a fucking lunatic every time a car pulled up. I started blasting a canned air horn at it as soon as I got out of my car, and now that little piece of shit runs and hides the second he sees my car. My visits with my mom have improved 100%.

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2020 3:18 AM

R32, does your mom get angry when you blast the horn at her dog?

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2020 3:27 AM

An air horn is a little extreme. My mom used to put coins inside an empty can and shake it at our miniature schnauzer whenever she misbehaved (the schnauzer, not my mother).

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2020 6:25 AM

Kill the dog BEFORE you move in with him so he won't suspect it's you.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2020 6:42 AM

Bookcase or dresser needs to flatten Fido.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2020 6:55 AM

Next time you're over, bring a dog crate.

"I got you a present!"

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 7:13 AM

Get little mat and some toys / treats as well so it doesn't look so bad.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 7:14 AM

My neighbor has a cute Cockapoo. He's friendly and never barks however he wines and cries24/7. These are cries of pain. The dog writhes on its back and whimpers piteously outside my windows. It makes my skin crawl. I asked the owners why? They told me the poor thing has degenerative disc disease and can only function on high doses of opioids, They actually shoot this dog up with pain killers daily. I lost my German Shepherd to this and when I saw him in such pain he lost the use of his legs I had him put to sleep.Of course it broke my heart but I felt it was the humane thing to do. I was sickened when neighbors told me the dog was essential crying in agony. I believe they are selfish for allowing their pet to suffer purely to provide them with comfort and love while he is in agony. Am I wrong?

by Anonymousreply 39February 18, 2020 9:03 AM

you are definitely not wrong r39.

by Anonymousreply 40February 18, 2020 10:35 AM

R32, you deserve to be severely bitten by a rabid dog!

by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2020 2:58 AM

Homes with dogs always stink. Especially rescue frau hovels.

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2020 3:49 AM

I must be a miracle worker because my dogs don’t shit or pee in the house. You almost have to train a dog to do that - it goes against their nature. A normal, healthy dog that was handled properly as a puppy doesn’t do this. A puppy mill disaster with idiot owners or a mistreated dog might.

Physical conditions are a different story.

by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2020 4:10 AM

[quote] Homes with dogs always stink

so does your pussy

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2020 4:15 AM

You can’t untrain a poorly trained animal.

by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2020 4:15 AM

R45 Melania Trump

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2020 7:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!