Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

More on the dole: Megxit bloodbath: Meghan Markle and Prince Harry AXE all 15 of their UK staff

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 19, 2020 1:43 PM

I can't imagine how she expects to live.

by Anonymousreply 1February 15, 2020 10:03 PM

Is no one going to ask how I feel about it?

by Anonymousreply 2February 15, 2020 10:05 PM

It's a restructuring of the business.

by Anonymousreply 3February 15, 2020 10:06 PM

[quote] Harry and Meghan's bombshell decision to move to North America

Neither of them is allowed to stay in Canada for more than 90 days at a time; and no more than 179 days in any year. Aren't they being a bit hasty by firing their UK staff? Having said that, Meg's bid to become a Brit must be seriously off the rails now that she's in Canada all the time.

by Anonymousreply 4February 15, 2020 10:07 PM

She didn't pay a cent toward her staff of 15. 15? What the fuck did she need 15 for?

by Anonymousreply 5February 15, 2020 10:08 PM

Were the Sussexes supposed to keep them on the public payroll doing nothing? These two can’t catch a break.

by Anonymousreply 6February 15, 2020 10:10 PM

The staff will be moved elsewhere in the BRF firm. That's already been said.

by Anonymousreply 7February 15, 2020 10:11 PM

Only some of them R7. The thing is: why couldn't they take their staff, or some of them, with them to wherever the fuck they are going. They seem to need staff; so those not being reassigned within the BRF could have been offered places in Canada, Bel Air or wherever. It's all so brutal for innocent employees.

by Anonymousreply 8February 15, 2020 10:13 PM

People lose their jobs all the time. They'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 9February 15, 2020 10:20 PM

Does this mean Their Highnessnesses will have to go get their own lattes? Pick up their dog's poo, with their own hands? Who will change Archie's nappies?

OH MY GOODNESS! How fortuitous!

Harry now has more trauma to lecture JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs 'investors' about: how he and his family are suffering like no one, ever has, ever before without their servants.

by Anonymousreply 10February 15, 2020 10:21 PM

[quote] without their servants

In the BRF 'servants' are called 'staff' R10.

by Anonymousreply 11February 15, 2020 10:23 PM

[quote]R8 Those not being reassigned within the BRF could have been offered places in Canada, Bel Air or wherever. It's all so brutal for innocent employees.

Would you want to move for your service job?

“Brutal” would be uprooting the staff and making them trail around indefinitely.

by Anonymousreply 12February 15, 2020 10:24 PM

There are pop-up gigs at amazon.co.uk - they'll be fine.

by Anonymousreply 13February 15, 2020 10:27 PM

No one gives a shit about either of these no hopers anymore.

Why all the frautrage?

by Anonymousreply 14February 15, 2020 10:28 PM

He's the Duke of Windsor for the new millennium - known to be among the cheapest bastards ever who EXPECTED other people to pay for his company.

Granted, Megs was only married once before this, unlike good ol' Wallis who had a string of ex-husbands.

Even a two bit hooker has to DO something for the money.

by Anonymousreply 15February 15, 2020 10:30 PM

Maybe they can get jobs picking Charles', Camilla's, Philip's and Andrew's noses.

by Anonymousreply 16February 15, 2020 10:32 PM

They got jobs with Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan. Why would they be picking noses or cotton or strawberries?

by Anonymousreply 17February 15, 2020 10:39 PM

The banking fraternity is paying big bucks to these hoes. Good to see it.

by Anonymousreply 18February 15, 2020 10:42 PM

Eventually, aren't Sparkle and Harry going to run out of things to say to the banks?

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 10:44 PM

Please, the general staff will assume positions elsewhere in the Royal Household. And as for any senior staff who might be out of a job at the palace...can you imagine having worked for then on your C.V.? You'd be hired in a second.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2020 10:47 PM

Isn't Sparkle supposed to be an absolute cunt to the help? Aren't they better off?

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 10:49 PM

The Royal Household on your resume is not regarded as attractive to other employers unless you are trying to get a job in another household, royal, ducal etc Those jobs are few and far between. Only H&M get jobs after leaving the BRF with Goldmans and Morgans.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 10:50 PM

R22=Princess Diana's butler

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 10:51 PM

Axed them what?

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 10:54 PM

I had to pretend to be straight and open a flower shop FFS. Then I was tried at the Old Bailey.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2020 10:56 PM

That's business. If they don't plan on living in the UK full time any longer then they don't need a staff of 15 or a staff there at all. I've read that the staff will be either be placed in other positions with the Royals or assisted in finding other work.

They did exactly what they should have done.

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2020 10:58 PM

I has to axe my awnt.

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2020 10:58 PM

[quote] Shaquanda

Shaquanda is not a servant's name. You will be known as Sarah.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2020 11:00 PM

If they'll work for free, I'll take a few.

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2020 11:03 PM

But not the negroid ones (I have my pin for that).

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2020 11:04 PM

[quote]They got jobs with Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan.

oh please, Harry could be giving a dissertation in Swahili about his morning bowel movement for all the banking firms care. These 'speaking engagements' are all about wooing the account and client retention; they want Harry and Meghan as clients and are happy to pay whatever up front money they need to hook them. The banks are betting on the Harkle's future earnings, and the glitz of the BRF will be bragging rights, if not outright shilling/advertising for the firm by the Harkle's themselves .... pure exploitation.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2020 11:05 PM

Goldman Sachs and JP want H&M as customers? I thought they were investment bankers concerned with corporations only. Tell us more R31.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2020 11:08 PM

Now if you tell me that any of them who weren't transferred to other jobs with the Royal Family didn't get redundancy payments then I'd be upset with H&M.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2020 11:08 PM

They need to support themselves!

They’ve got to stop using the public dime!

They’ve got to live within their means!

They should try living like normal people and not spoiled brats!

WHAT?

They fired staff they can’t afford? WTF? What a bitch! What an arsehole! What’s wrong with them? This is shocking.

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2020 11:10 PM

Please - they had 15 people? I think they had more like 5-7, including nannies and housekeeping staff.

The British public should be outraged that the taxpayers were paying for 15 people. But we know that's not the case -this is more BS to pile on Meghan.

WTF were they supposed to do with them? No wonder they want to leave - they just pile on the both of them for anything and everything.

This is just proof that they're doing the right thing. Fuck the British press and fuck the British public who have an equally nasty amount to say about them.

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2020 11:12 PM

[quote] They need to support themselves!

They’ve got to stop using the public dime!

They’ve got to live within their means!

by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2020 11:13 PM

[quote] redundancy payments

You gotta do two years in the job first, so no, just no. Megs churns them and BURNS them.

by Anonymousreply 37February 15, 2020 11:14 PM

Maybe they were already on staff, R37.

by Anonymousreply 38February 15, 2020 11:15 PM

Some were already on the staff of the RF and will get absorbed back and others will find jobs somewhere else. YOu know this is complete non story. If they had retained the staff the DM would be ragging on the waste and extravagance. if they're stepping back, and have closed the house at Windsor WTF do they need a staff of 35 or 37 people?Think.

by Anonymousreply 39February 15, 2020 11:18 PM

The DM and the Mail on Sunday are fucking them in the media and in court.

by Anonymousreply 40February 15, 2020 11:34 PM

"I can't imagine how she expects to live."

Off Goldman Sachs, that's how, R40.

by Anonymousreply 41February 15, 2020 11:36 PM

She's paying Goldman at this stage R41.

by Anonymousreply 42February 15, 2020 11:39 PM

Hals got $1m for that gig. Better than opening AIDS hospitals as an HRH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 15, 2020 11:42 PM

He does look like Paul Burrell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2020 11:43 PM

Goldman Sachs wants them at events so they can rub shoulders with Other GS present and potential clients. GS wants to be the bank that tells clients if you bank with us you’ll get to be in the same room as The It Couple of the moment. H&M are using each other.

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2020 11:44 PM

It must be, "Goldman Sachs Personal Financial Management", not really Goldman Sachs. Just a franchise. Still if he's getting $1m from Goldman, why is he fucking with JP?

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2020 11:52 PM

The UK is fucked. They're right to get out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2020 11:58 PM

My God some of you act like they're on the verge of poverty. Harry is worth a reported $40 million on his own.

by Anonymousreply 48February 16, 2020 1:21 AM

Brits and Americans. can stay in Canada up to six months without a visa, r4. Once they hit 183 days in total, they are subject to Canadian tax.

by Anonymousreply 49February 16, 2020 1:37 AM

R48, that’s not a lot for someone with delusions of grandeur as a spouse. He’s not going to keep her happy without touching the principal.

by Anonymousreply 50February 16, 2020 1:58 AM

No question about it: she landed a sucker. Just like Yoko.

by Anonymousreply 51February 16, 2020 2:00 AM

There’s a LOT to criticize them for. I don’t really think this is one of those things. Pretty much everyone here figured that they were ditching out, as far back as a year ago. Those 15 people had to have known. They will be fine.

by Anonymousreply 52February 16, 2020 2:00 AM

Oh, and just like Wallis.

by Anonymousreply 53February 16, 2020 2:01 AM

[quote] In the BRF 'servants' are called 'staff' [R10].

Then there's absolutely no need for us or for you to call them that, r11, because neither any of us nor you are members of the BRF.

Or are you pretending that you are?

by Anonymousreply 54February 16, 2020 2:06 AM

r48, that's not at all enough to satisfy her ambitions. $40 million would just barely cover the size of the kind of house she wants to live in in Malibu plus renovations.

by Anonymousreply 55February 16, 2020 2:12 AM

And she will still be lower down the pecking order than Kylie Jenner. For heaven's sake, the expression on Prince Harry's face in the OP says it all!

by Anonymousreply 56February 16, 2020 2:27 AM

R47, and ‘Murica is not “fucked” compared to the UK?

Lol. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

by Anonymousreply 57February 16, 2020 2:33 AM

Why do non-Americans on DL still refer to it as "Murica"? W. has been out of office for almost a full twelve years now.

by Anonymousreply 58February 16, 2020 3:04 AM

I agree, R58. It's very dated.

by Anonymousreply 59February 16, 2020 3:05 AM

Now I wanna go to Vancouver Island, use an AirBnB or go to a TraveLodge, call "Skip" (food delivery service) and see if Harry shows up with my pizza.

by Anonymousreply 60February 16, 2020 3:11 AM

Weren't people bitching about taxpayer dollars and blah blah blah? And one paper said in the same article that the staff already knew back in January, but they were also blindsided by the news. Which is it? Either they knew or they didn't.

Also, weren't there tons of articles calling Meghan Duchess Demanding or something because of her morning e-mails and because of that their staff hated them? But now they're being called their "loyal and dependable" staff? These writers are gonna give themselves whiplash.

by Anonymousreply 61February 16, 2020 3:28 AM

Good that they are sending their staff away, there isnt anythng wrong with that, and they should. It is very hypocritical that they are hobnobbing with these bankers/1%ers /oligarchs while pretending to support causes that combat poverty. But then they dont get it, like they fly private jets while pretending to be very concerned about climate change. Empowering women? These banks are an old white male boys club. You dont empower women by wearing 60k dollar designer shit and do absolutely nothing meaningful all day. They are idiots who believe they are role models, “do as I say, not as I do”. They are whores, basically, no offense to whores.

by Anonymousreply 62February 16, 2020 3:37 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 16, 2020 11:02 AM

The most laughable thing is how so many believe anything that comes out in the news media about H&M, especially if it sounds bad.

by Anonymousreply 64February 16, 2020 11:26 AM

Many of you here are so negative. It is too bad you have nothing constructive to say.

by Anonymousreply 65February 16, 2020 6:06 PM

Meghan needs to brush her hair, button her shirt so her black bra isn't exposed, tuck the same shirt in and pull her fly all the way up so it, too, isn't exposed. There, R65. Consider that constructive criticism.

by Anonymousreply 66February 16, 2020 6:13 PM

It may be constructive R66 but your tone is nasty.

by Anonymousreply 67February 16, 2020 6:16 PM

Fuck you, R67. Nasty enough?

by Anonymousreply 68February 16, 2020 6:29 PM

I don’t understand Meghan’s hair. Is that a wig? It looks so plastic.

by Anonymousreply 69February 16, 2020 6:32 PM

No R69 it's made of organic tendrils.

by Anonymousreply 70February 16, 2020 7:27 PM

R7 - No, only a couple of the staff will get other positions inside the BRF. The rest are negotiating "redundancy packages".

by Anonymousreply 71February 16, 2020 10:13 PM

You know, people who are under attack from the gutter press and every bitch on the internet REALLY need to take steps to keep their staff loyal, and you don't do that by laying them off by the busload.

These two have entered a game without knowing the rules, and they refused to learn as the game progressed. And then they wondered why they weren't winning.

by Anonymousreply 72February 16, 2020 10:39 PM

The point of the story is that Meghan is a terrible person who only cares about herself and who is indifferent to the suffering she causes for the victims of her ambitious schemes.

by Anonymousreply 73February 16, 2020 10:55 PM

They didn't deserve to be waited on hand and foot. They weren't fit to be royals so why are you mad, op?

It would be stupid to keep 15 people as a regular person.

by Anonymousreply 74February 16, 2020 11:14 PM

They say that the valet holds Charles' cock when he pisses. Must be the same for Hals: so that's one of the flunkies accounted for; as for the other 14, I can't say.

by Anonymousreply 75February 16, 2020 11:18 PM

[quote]R72 These two have entered a game without knowing the rules, and they refused to learn as the game progressed.

And yet, they lead a better life than you do.

Curious.

by Anonymousreply 76February 16, 2020 11:22 PM

Hardly R76. R72 is the Queen of Sheba.

by Anonymousreply 77February 16, 2020 11:25 PM

R15, Wallis Simpson did not have "a string of ex-husbands". Her first husband was a keen dealer out of domestic violence, whom she had the good sense to flee. Her second, Ernest Simpson, an avid social climber like herself, was arguably the love of her life. She never had any intention of leaving him for David until the latter forced her hand by abdicating publicly "for" her. She wrote fondly to Ernest all her miserable, exiled life.

The internet would be far less full of people slinging spite if anyone bothered to check their facts.

by Anonymousreply 78February 16, 2020 11:45 PM

Simpson was rather cosmopolitan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 17, 2020 12:00 AM

Simpson was a Nazi sympathizer but since Andrew’s pedophile associations aren’t a big deal to you people why would Hitler sympathizing ever compare to Megan’s ‘sins’?

by Anonymousreply 80February 17, 2020 1:58 AM

R78 - Really? What planet are you living on? Wallis Simpson never loved anyone but herself. She admitted that she married her first husband "out of curiosity" (talk about chic euphemisms!) and left him quickly. She was thrilled when her second husband brought her to London and she began to circulate in ever higher levels of cafe society there, and then, at the first chance she got - she lifted Edward from his current lover, Thelma Furness, whilst Furness was travelling - without a backward glance or a single twinge.

She began an affair with Edward but she still married to "the love of her life"???!!!! She cheerfully let the entire society around them know that "the love of her life" was a cuckold??!!! Are you really a simpleton??? It was an open secret, and she turned "the love of her life" into the laughingstock of London society.

She really thought she'd be Queen. When it became, finally, obvious to her that she wouldn't, she made her halfhearted offer to withdraw, but only as window dressing, knowing full well the die was cast, and (as she thought) she'd still be ahead of the game as a Royal Highness living a life of wealth and social status that "the love of her life" could never have offered her.

If that's the way Wallis treated the "love of her life", one trembles to think how she treated poor Edward - and, in fact, there's quite a bit of evidence that she was emotionally abusive to him ("Wallis, are you going to send me to bed crying again?" the Dook was heard to whinge plaintively.)

Please. The only "love of her life" was how far Wallis could get, and she did pretty well, considering.

That poor sod, Ernest Simpson, "the love of her life"!!!!!

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 81February 17, 2020 12:55 PM

[quote] She never had any intention of leaving him for David until the latter forced her hand by abdicating publicly "for" her. She wrote fondly to Ernest all her miserable, exiled life.

You've got it reversed. Her divorce went through before the abdication, not after it.

[quote] The internet would be far less full of people slinging spite if anyone bothered to check their facts.

Indeed.

by Anonymousreply 82February 17, 2020 5:09 PM

"You won't treat me that way when I'm Queen!"

Wallis Simpson overheard at a dinner party in London in the run-up to the Abdication.

Yeah, she had no intention of leaving Ernest. When she and Edward motored over to Royal Lodge to pay a call on the then Duke and Duchess of York, and stood at the window musing about how much better the grounds would look if certain old trees were removed (translation: when I'm Queen I will outrank you and I can do what I like with your Grace and Favour residence, you charming little Scottish bitch), she was doing all that preening because she had NO intention of leaving Ernest and marrying Edward.

In "The Heart Has its Reasons", Wallis' own autobiography, she describes listening to the coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth on the radio and trying to "stop the visions forming in my mind of what could have happened and should have happened." I.e., that should have been Wallis getting that crown dropped on head.

I don't know what planet you dropped from, R78, but you could try some actual research. There is no one with half a brain who doesn't know that Wallis' sole interest in lifting her good friend Thelma's man was hitting the big time and putting a lifetime of social scrambling, networking, and climbing at last behind her and living the life to which she always thought she was entitled.

Oh, wait: that sounds familiar!

by Anonymousreply 83February 17, 2020 11:01 PM

And thank god, R83, that neither of those social-climbers got that to which they thought they were entitled.

by Anonymousreply 84February 18, 2020 12:43 AM

Nobody ever said Mrs Simpson was a nice person. She was absolutely horrible, and she and Ernest were both terrific social climbers. He knew all about her affairs and was entirely on board with them because it lifted the social status of both of them. They were both excruciatingly ambitious.

On the other hand, the allegation that she had "a string of ex-husbands" was quite false, and she left the first husband quickly because he was violent towards her - do you really want to criticise her for that?

You're right Wallis's divorce was granted before the abdication, but only 6 weeks before. She was David's mistress from 1934, which Ernest was fine with. It was when King George died and they realised David wasn't going to give her up that they both truly realised the game was going to play out differently from their expectations. The divorce was granted at the last minute, on the basis of an affair of Ernest's, which makes it clear he was playing along with what was now an inevitability. Now, whether she was secretly thrilled that she might be Queen, or was appalled by the prospect of being stuck with her clinging lover forever, is a matter of how you construe the research. Either way, you can guarantee it was the latter when she realised how the cards were really going to fall.

In her own autobiography she was hardly going to confess that she never wanted to marry David and was thoroughly bummed by the way everything turned out, was she? Her entire cachet by that time revolved around being "the women he loved" and couldn't live without. The noble sacrifice and all that.

She never really did leave Ernest - it is quite true that she wrote him very affectionate letters, and he her, all her life.

by Anonymousreply 85February 18, 2020 10:12 PM

That was a very long post.

by Anonymousreply 86February 19, 2020 3:42 AM

It was 5 short paragraphs, R86 - two of which were single sentences. If reading is such a chore for you , perhaps you'd be happier over at TMZ.

by Anonymousreply 87February 19, 2020 10:38 AM

Reading is not R86's strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 88February 19, 2020 1:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!