Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Klobuchar and Steyer don't know who the president of Mexico is. Pete knows.

How can a sitting Senator who recently passed the USMCA not know this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 20, 2020 10:42 AM

Bad link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2020 9:00 PM

Klobuchar just isn't smart enough to even be in the Senate. And she's too highly-strung to be trusted in any job. We need someone level-headed not someone who flies off the handle at the slightest thing and demands to speak to the manager.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2020 9:03 PM

In fairness, though, Amy can split a piñata in two with one swing of the stick.

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2020 9:05 PM

..or one toss of the stapler

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2020 9:06 PM

She shouldn't even be allowed in the race. You can't criticize Trump on that front when she's out there in the front yard.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2020 9:06 PM

And there we have it ladies and gentlemen. Let's not start unpacking this or we will end up writing a book. There are so many layers to this.

Cut to the chase. Pete for President.

by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2020 10:03 PM

People wonder how I can support Pete. Because he’s fucking smart and I want a damn smart person to lead my country.

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2020 10:46 PM

People wonder how I can support Pete. Because he’s fucking smart and I want a damn smart person to lead my country.

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2020 10:46 PM

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2020 10:46 PM

And honestly - it's not about Pete being smart (which he undoubtedly is), it's about the others being ignorant, especially Amy. How can she be in the position she's in, passing certain legislation that involves Mexico and not know their fucking president's name? Pete has to bring it up in the debate if the moderators don't. It's time to stop being the nice guy.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2020 10:55 PM

You know, I guess if you're the cool candidate this is the kind of thing you'd peel off to make us Washington insiders look bad but just remember, my dad was an alcoholic and he found grace and now he's 92 and he lives in a nursing home and I started this in the snow. Well they don't have snow in Mexico, I know that and if you're standing in the snow and don't know who the president of Mexico is, I see you. Reasonably well. Visibility is limited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2020 10:58 PM

Trump probably doesn't even know that New Mexico is part of the US.

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2020 11:27 PM

Yes, R12, but I thought we wanted to do better than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2020 11:31 PM

This helps Amy get more votes from deplorables who hate Mexicans. She’s a shrewd politician.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2020 11:33 PM

I watched some 1999-2000 era "Talking to Americans" skits from CBC's "This Hour Has 22 minutes" and Al Gore, Mike Huckabee and George W. Bush didn't appear clued in as to who Canada's Prime Minister was either. I wonder at what point a Presidential Candidate starts learning what the major trading countries are, where they're located, and who runs them.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2020 11:34 PM

Doesn't everyone know it's that Labrador guy?

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2020 11:36 PM

It's a depressing story. A passion for, and knowledge of, both history and current events is something a good political leader should have by default.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2020 11:39 PM

What event are they at? Why just the three of them?

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2020 11:39 PM

I LOVE AMY! LEAVE HER ALONE!

by Anonymousreply 19February 15, 2020 12:44 AM

Shut up, Chris.

by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2020 12:48 AM

[quote]Doesn't everyone know it's that Labrador guy?

What? They let a Canadian dog be president of Mexico? That's almost as bad as what we have for a president!

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2020 1:06 AM

Big deal. She didn't know something.

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2020 1:23 AM

Mexico is the most important foreign country to the US. Words fail.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2020 1:26 AM

Okay bitches, pop quiz. Without using the internet name the current leaders of:

Poland

Bolivia

Mexico

Spain

Italy

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2020 2:12 AM

Ugh I hate this. Leave Amy alone. Details eh.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2020 2:17 AM

Yes, leave Amy alone! So she's ignorant. At least she has that in common with our president.

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2020 2:20 AM

Poland: Princess Radziwill

Bolivia: Newton John

Mexico: Steven Slater

Spain: Alexandria Ocasio-Sanchez

Italy: Giada De Laurentiis

by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2020 2:39 AM

I don't know any of them R24. I'm also not running for president.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2020 2:46 AM

You win the golden thread for Bolivia: Newton John....lol...

by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2020 2:47 AM

OP is gonna get knocked on the head with a stapler.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2020 2:55 AM

They should have said:

The President is Mexico is the guy who did not pay for The Wall.

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2020 2:59 AM

The smartest candidate is gay.

We're screwed.

by Anonymousreply 32February 15, 2020 3:20 AM

Trump would have said that the President of Mexico is a Communist and that's all I need to know about him.

by Anonymousreply 33February 15, 2020 3:28 AM

I thought it was that hot Peno Nieto guy. Didn’t know some elder had replaced him.

by Anonymousreply 34February 15, 2020 10:18 AM

What’s EPN up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 35February 15, 2020 11:04 AM

Joe Biden doesn’t know what year it is.

by Anonymousreply 36February 15, 2020 11:12 AM

Everybody knows the president of Mexico! His name is Taco Bell, and I know him very, very well, he’s a very close friend of mine even though we disagree on the wall, I say ‘Taco, you gotta pay for it’, and he says no, but he will change his mind soon enough, and you know Iran, but you all know this, I was talking to Ivanka, great Fajita bowls by the way, you all know my daughter Ivanka - beautiful, and I would date her if it wasn’t illegal, but that’s what my lawyers tell me, and I try to listen to them because I am not a criminal, the crooked democrats, Nancy, Schumer lied and lied, but no crime, no collusion, but Ivanka is great, and America is now great again. Thank you! 450000 people came to see us at today’s rally! Thank you!

by Anonymousreply 37February 15, 2020 11:23 AM

I guess Pete is qualified enough to be president, right, Amy?

by Anonymousreply 38February 15, 2020 11:28 AM

This should be disqualifying for Amy, but she's a product of flyover country, where overseas news is the other side of the Mississippi.

On your pop quiz, R24, anyone with a lick of foreign affairs sense knows not just who is in charge, but the important issue in that country:

In Poland it's not about President Duda so much but the anti-constitutional actions of the Law & Justice party with one of the surviving twins (difficult Polish last name, I think Kaczynski) pulling the strings behind the scenes.

In Bolivia, it would be more important to know about the tension between Evo Morales since his exile (with AMLO) than the right-wing white woman who is claiming to be president with no indigenous people in her cabinet and getting a bit churchy - shades of Bolsonaro.

Of course an American leader should be aware of Lopez Obrador, especially as they are right next door, his is newly elected, populist and somewhat anti-business which should be concerning to a commerce committee member, and he has been very visible in the media negotiating with the US government on refugees and trade.

In Spain it would be impossible not to know about the multiple deadlocked elections and how Prime Minister Sanchez has been able to hold on by getting into a fresh alliance with Podemos and fighting off a very scary far-right Vox surge.

Same in Italy. Prime Minister Conte has managed to pivot his coalition to push out Lega's Salvini (for now) and realign the Five Star Movement (led by cute Luigi di Maio) in a center left coalition with the Democrats.

Spain and Italy both represent the last firewall between liberal democracy in Europe and the populist far right, just as Macron in France, Rutte in the Netherlands, and Merkel in Germany (not without trouble) have held off similar uprisings. So kinda important to know.

And yes, all off the top of my head - only the fake president of Bolivia escapes me. Maybe an idiot like Trump can get away with it, but Amy Klobuchar and the rest of them should have a higher standard of competency.

by Anonymousreply 39February 15, 2020 11:50 AM

R7, R8 and R9 - you are so smart that you post your lame response 3 times in a row. Rocket scientist.

by Anonymousreply 40February 15, 2020 11:56 AM

[quote] I guess Pete is qualified enough to be president, right, Amy?

No, he's a fa... eh, I mean inexperienced.

Besides voters in my neck of the words won't go for all his flowery language.

by Anonymousreply 41February 15, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote]the right-wing white woman who is claiming to be president

I've seen her and it looks like she desperately wants to be white rather than is.

by Anonymousreply 42February 15, 2020 12:20 PM

Look, you should know who the leader of our nearest neighbours, biggest allies and/ or key trading partners are ONLY because it's a classic gotcha question the dickhead media loves to ask. Does it matter at this point? Obviously not. It's pure games and it sucks.

That said the answer is, if you don't know:

Reporter: Who's the president of Mexico?

Politician: The president performs the role of the head of government and the head of state in Mexico.

Reporter: What's his name?

Politician: I don't know. You got me. Are you happy now? Good. So ask me a question that has some direct bearing on the lives of every day Americans.

--

On stunts like that, you corner them back... hopefully ruin their tape.... make them look like the dicks they are for asking it. There's no elegant way out except to either have a little fun with it or ram it down their throats. Not a legitimate question, a shitty, petty one that on some journalist forum some journalist posts: this is why they hate us and all the other journalists call him or her a sell out, a cunt and wish for his/her death in a grease fire.

by Anonymousreply 43February 15, 2020 12:23 PM

Amy just isn't experienced enough. She's never served in an executive role and has no legislative accomplishments.

by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2020 12:45 PM

^^ Wrong.

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2020 12:46 PM

Q: Do voters in PA, MI, and WI care about this?

A: No.

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2020 12:47 PM

Insightful, R45.

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2020 12:48 PM

klobuchar is known as the dumbest biddy in the senate, in the world, in the solar sytem huney

by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2020 12:48 PM

Being a THIRD TERM senator and serving on committees related to trade and immigration, you should absolutely know that basic fact ... actually you should definitely also know at least some of his policies but in a longer clip she can’t name those either. On Telemundo of all places this is not some gotcha, out of left field question.

by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2020 12:49 PM

R39 No one likes a no-it-all. You must be fun at parties

by Anonymousreply 50February 15, 2020 12:49 PM

[quote] Q: Do voters in PA, MI, and WI care about this?

Why, yes. Yes, they do. We want someone smart with an understanding of world affairs. Pete's the only candidate I'm seeing who fits that bill.

by Anonymousreply 51February 15, 2020 12:50 PM

[quote]no-it-all

No, dear.

by Anonymousreply 52February 15, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote] Being a THIRD TERM senator and serving on committees related to trade and immigration, you should absolutely know that basic fact

Yeah, that's a pretty big blind spot. Worrying.

by Anonymousreply 53February 15, 2020 12:51 PM

[quote]klobuchar is known as the dumbest biddy in the senate, in the world, in the solar sytem huney

No, that’s me dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 15, 2020 12:53 PM

On Real Time last night . . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 15, 2020 1:04 PM

I'll bet Warren knows.

by Anonymousreply 56February 15, 2020 1:58 PM

I bet Kamala knows..

by Anonymousreply 57February 15, 2020 2:00 PM

Wow, str8 people really are inferior to gays.

by Anonymousreply 58February 15, 2020 2:15 PM

It is because Pete is very intelligent, does his homework, and articulates very well.

Steyer's talent is handing out cash for black votes in SCand creating investment schemes. Amy is talented at eating salad with a comb, tossing staplers, and spewing hate at Pete with a scowl face.

by Anonymousreply 59February 15, 2020 2:25 PM

Amy is talented at getting legislation passed with bi-partisan support in the Senate. Something Pete, Bernie, Steyer, Bloomberg know nothing about.

by Anonymousreply 60February 15, 2020 2:58 PM

[quote]Amy is talented at getting legislation passed with bi-partisan support in the Senate.

Well, since the Senate if GOP controlled that means she's helping them get stuff done. That she keeps voting with Republicans is something that needs to be examined.

Why is nobody calling out her votes in favor of Trump's judicial nominees?

by Anonymousreply 61February 15, 2020 3:08 PM

[quote]Something Pete, Bernie, Steyer, Bloomberg know nothing about.

Yet she only goes after Pete despite there being plenty of other "inexperienced" (as she claims) candidates in the race.

by Anonymousreply 62February 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Unfortunately for you Pete fans he's just a placeholder until Bloomberg enters the race.

by Anonymousreply 63February 15, 2020 3:09 PM

[quote] Amy is talented at getting legislation passed with bi-partisan support in the Senate.

Really? Like what?

by Anonymousreply 64February 15, 2020 3:09 PM

Is Amy a placeholder until Hillary gets in the race?

by Anonymousreply 65February 15, 2020 3:16 PM

Pete would last a month on Jeopardy.

by Anonymousreply 66February 15, 2020 3:22 PM

[quote] Is Amy a placeholder until Hillary gets in the race?

It's obvious that Bernie is happening (and Warren is dead) so I mostly assume the DNC doesn't have control over the party. If they wanted to stop Bernie it seems the best thing to do would be for everyone else to drop out and endorse Pete (currently leading).

Someone needs to tell Warren and Klobuchar to drop out. Steyer and Bloomberg should really be kicked out publicly.

by Anonymousreply 67February 15, 2020 3:29 PM

Or Bloomberg needs to secure the nom. Fixed that for you.

by Anonymousreply 68February 15, 2020 3:50 PM

OMG, I just saw the interviews. Who shows up at a candidate forum sponsored by the League of United Latin American Citizens, in Nevada, and doesn't do any prep on, you know, Latin American stuff? It's like going to Detroit and acting suprised if they ask you a question on the automotive industry.

Somebody on her team needs another stapler or binder thrown at their head. Or she does. This is unfathomably stupid.

by Anonymousreply 69February 15, 2020 3:55 PM

Bloomberg needs to be investigated for his comments on China.

by Anonymousreply 70February 15, 2020 4:03 PM

[quote]Who shows up at a candidate forum sponsored by the League of United Latin American Citizens, in Nevada, and doesn't do any prep on, you know, Latin American stuff?

She's not used to speaking to non-whites and her team were probably just expecting canned questions, if she was properly prepped at all. Of course, she shouldn't need prepping on a major fact like that.

I notice how much she trots out the same responses like that Trump tweet joke. Isn't she aware you can't keep resaying the same things now that we have the internet?

by Anonymousreply 71February 15, 2020 4:06 PM

She's lucky the media will cover for her (unlike Pete and Bernie). If this story was gaining traction there'd be an intern with an icepack to their temple as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 72February 15, 2020 4:15 PM

Ah, I knew we'd see comb bitch eventually.

[quote](translated)Klobuchar, a senator from Minnesota, who came third in New Hampshire, can't answer Venegas's question. She decided to finish the interview early, and when Venegas reminded her that there were still questions, she said, 'No, no more questions.' Klobuchar left so abruptly that she took the microphone with her secured on her body, which she then returned.

[quote]An hour later she returned, after speaking in an interview with the subsidiary of Telemundo in Las Vegas, to whom she said the name of the president of Mexico.

[quote]Then, Klobuchar came back and approached Venegas and said, 'So you see that I know more than you think.'

She's lucky Pete's a nice guy. Someone should keep poking at shit like this with a stick until she snaps.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73February 15, 2020 4:17 PM

Again, nobody in PA, MI, or WI gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 74February 15, 2020 4:17 PM

Where's my coffee, R74?

by Anonymousreply 75February 15, 2020 4:22 PM

[quote]She's lucky Pete's a nice guy.

She really is. She comes off badly in the debates. Like a bully. She keeps going after the one gay candidate and he doesn't attack her back. When she drops out in two states we won't forget this.

by Anonymousreply 76February 15, 2020 4:23 PM

They do in Michigan, r74; the automotive supply chains of Canada/Detroit/Mexico are the whole reason for USMCA in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 77February 15, 2020 4:24 PM

[quote]What’s EPN up to these days?

About 5' 4"

by Anonymousreply 78February 15, 2020 4:54 PM

RIP R2, who died after being injured in a tragic stapler accident this morning.

by Anonymousreply 79February 15, 2020 4:55 PM

[quote]Klobuchar, a senator from Minnesota, who came third in New Hampshire, can't answer Venegas's question. She decided to finish the interview early, and when Venegas reminded her that there were still questions, she said, 'No, no more questions.' Klobuchar left so abruptly that she took the microphone with her secured on her body, which she then returned. An hour later she returned, after speaking in an interview with the subsidiary of Telemundo in Las Vegas, to whom she said the name of the president of Mexico. Then, Klobuchar came back and approached Venegas and said, 'So you see that I know more than you think.'

Who does that?

by Anonymousreply 80February 15, 2020 4:56 PM

EPN was incredibly sexy.

by Anonymousreply 81February 15, 2020 4:56 PM

These campaigns must get awful boring. When I run an event that's longer than a week I start zoning out from all public and social appearances. I can't imagine 18 months of being on.

by Anonymousreply 82February 15, 2020 5:14 PM

Pete needs to drop the nice guy act. Bring this up on Wednesday if the moderators don't. It't time to expose this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 83February 15, 2020 5:38 PM

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 84February 16, 2020 2:47 AM

Cringe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85February 16, 2020 5:00 PM

Why is there no news on what they said to Telemundo about border issues and immigration?

Were they not asked this?

by Anonymousreply 86February 16, 2020 5:41 PM

She was unlikable on Bill Maher.

by Anonymousreply 87February 16, 2020 6:12 PM

You're likable enough, Amy.

by Anonymousreply 88February 16, 2020 6:20 PM

So what?

by Anonymousreply 89February 18, 2020 6:19 AM

Klobuchar Addresses Flub on President of Mexico’s Name, Responds to Buttigieg: ‘This Isn’t Like a Game of Jeopardy’

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90February 19, 2020 3:36 AM

Wow. That’s some gall.

by Anonymousreply 91February 19, 2020 6:29 AM

She also had a long, me-me-me, "dog ate my homework" story about why she did not know who the president of Mexico was. And then somehow blamed it on Pete.

by Anonymousreply 92February 19, 2020 9:44 AM

Not knowing the name of the President of Mexico and somehow finding a way to blame it on Pete? She's toxic.

And her virulent homophobia is becoming more apparent each day.

I'm mostly of the 'vote blue no matter who' school of thought, but I really, really do not like her.

by Anonymousreply 93February 19, 2020 9:51 AM

Not knowing basic facts is not Jeopardy, Amy. You do not have the intelligence or experience to be President. That's not Pete's fault.

by Anonymousreply 94February 19, 2020 9:53 AM

I can see Canada from my house.

by Anonymousreply 95February 19, 2020 9:58 AM

There are other issues discussed at the town hall that is not about the President of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 96February 19, 2020 10:34 AM

She is such a miserable human being.

by Anonymousreply 97February 19, 2020 11:26 AM

God, that photo at R90 is not attractive. All her inner nastiness is on show.

by Anonymousreply 98February 19, 2020 11:28 AM

At R90 I can't decide if she looks more like Bette Davis doing a Joan Crawford impression or Joan Crawford doing a Bette Davis impression.

Either way she has the worst case of resting bitch face in history.

by Anonymousreply 99February 19, 2020 11:29 AM

The President of Mexico is Cesar Salad-Fork.

by Anonymousreply 100February 19, 2020 11:30 AM

Since all the most recent polls show Bernie leading because the moderate vote is split if she actually wanted a moderate in the White House the best thing she could do is drop out and endorse the front-runner, Pete.

But one of her interns will be along soon to tell us why she shouldn't.

When Bernie ends up as the nominee we won't forget this.

by Anonymousreply 101February 19, 2020 11:32 AM

Don't you Cesar Salad-Comb, Amy?

by Anonymousreply 102February 19, 2020 11:38 AM

So tired of Slovenians

by Anonymousreply 103February 19, 2020 12:27 PM

R101 oh for real ... she doesn’t even have the campaign infrastructure to compete seriously in most states going there was article maybe last week where she was still looking to hire a campaign operations director for ..... Nevada. She is the true spoiler candidate.

by Anonymousreply 104February 19, 2020 12:38 PM

Well R92, you may not know this, but her father was an alcoholic. How was she supposed to know the name of the Mexican president?

by Anonymousreply 105February 19, 2020 12:41 PM

I did not know that. Doesn't excuse it. Now, if her father had paid for college by collecting coffee cans, that would be a different story . . .

by Anonymousreply 106February 19, 2020 1:22 PM

Pete is still top-tier. He's going to win it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 19, 2020 1:47 PM

Pete is my first choice, but I would happily vote for Klobuchar. I’m sure she’s a Grade A bitch to her staff (that doesn’t really bother me because when my staff aren’t working to their full potential, I can also be a Grade A bitch), she’s not as smart as Pete, and she’s awkward. It’s pretty clear though that she cares and will get shit done. She’s my #2 after Pete. Her policies also make sense for our country.

I would unhappily vote for any other democratic candidate besides Sanders. If he gets the nomination, I will probably vote for an independent or do a write-in.

by Anonymousreply 108February 19, 2020 2:31 PM

Latest Reuters poll. Only Amy and Warren lose to Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 19, 2020 4:29 PM

[quote]It's obvious that Bernie is happening (and Warren is dead) so I mostly assume the DNC doesn't have control over the party.

That's a growing complaint. Calls for Tom Perez to step down as DNC Chair have recently increased.

A big part of the problem is fellow Democratic candidates have been soft in criticizing Sanders. Instead, they will be harsher with each other instead. Meanwhile, the Sanders campaign is very aggressive iñ bashing other candidates while Bernie himself claims he doesn't do that himself.

Bernie has a lot of baggage. The media spent elaborate on it. Trump and the Republicans will, and it will be brutal. They are just waiting and hoping when Bernie is in the clear for the nomination to pounce.

Bernie has NO MATH to go along with his proposals and stances.

by Anonymousreply 110February 19, 2020 5:10 PM

^repeated instead & himself in error.

by Anonymousreply 111February 19, 2020 5:13 PM

Of course Amy's devoting all her bullying to Pete not Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 112February 19, 2020 5:27 PM

[quote]that doesn’t really bother me because when my staff aren’t working to their full potential, I can also be a Grade A bitch

I'm sure you're paying each of them at your full potential, and not a penny less.

by Anonymousreply 113February 20, 2020 9:39 AM

R112. I don't blame her. The more she come for rat face the better.

by Anonymousreply 114February 20, 2020 10:41 AM

Too bad Pete didn't go for Bitchface. Ideally with a strong right hook.

by Anonymousreply 115February 20, 2020 10:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!