Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN Gives Voice To The Far Right in Limbaugh's Homophobic Attack On Mayor Pete

Dying cancer-ridden Rush Limbaugh went after Mayor Pete in an offensive homophobic diatribe on his radio program while describing the unbearable thought of Pete and his husband being affectionate. He attacked Pete's supposed lack of masculinity in contrast to that of the grandmaster macho nacho he-man that is tRump. So for in depth analysis, the esteemed CNN in their infinite wisdom turns to who else but their paid homophobic right wing shill, Ben Ferguson, for commentary.

First, I find it rich that a dying, fat, drug addicted nazi talk show host, and a fat obese orange megalomaniac, and a fat fem paid right wing CNN commentator are questioning 38 year old, virile,military man Pete's masculinity. Please, old dying fatties.

And secondly, why did CNN bring on a homophobe to discuss a homophobe without a counterpoint? Straight CNN hosts do not speak for the gay community so the network should have brought in a gay political rep to get a response. Is that so difficult for the show runners to contemplate?

Fuck CNN. They gave rise to tRump and then he turned on them like he does to everyone. And like abused children they still beg daddy for attention no matter how negative and painful it is. Fuck CNN hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2020 5:26 AM

This kind of thing won't turn the people thinking of voting for Pete against him but it is vile and CNN should suffer for it.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2020 2:01 AM

The mainstream media is the lap dog of the right, they're just so desperate for ANY right wing approval. Ah well, Pete has a bright future and Rush is an ugly demented old fucker who's not long for this earth anyway.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2020 2:06 AM

The hosts were not shy about voicing their disgust for him. She was pissed

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2020 2:09 AM

Trump’s presidency is what’s made them highly profitable, they’re raking in the bucks. I believe they would be quite OK if he gets a second term.

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2020 2:25 AM

White conservatism...some DLers desperate for their approval because they themselves are so racist and bigoted. Must be so hard to be rejected by people whose approval you so crave.

Suck it, assholes. Witness the reality of what so many of these people actually think of you. I actually enjoy listening to people like him because it's a reality check for some of you despicable bigoted DLers who would rather attack the left for telling some of you to fuck off with your bigotry and racism. So go fucking join people like him.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2020 2:26 AM

R5 oh, hai!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 14, 2020 2:34 AM

What did Trump say about Rush's point that 'merica won't elect a gay president?

[quote] When asked Thursday whether Americans would support a gay candidate for president, President Donald Trump told conservative radio host Geraldo Rivera that there "would certainly be a group" that would not support an LGBTQ president, but "you and I would not be in that group."

[quote] "I think there would be some that wouldn't, and I wouldn't be among that group to be honest with you," Trump said. "But I think that yes, I think that it doesn't seem to be hurting Pete Buttigieg. ... It doesn't seem to be hurting him very much."

Can't post link to CNN

by Anonymousreply 7February 14, 2020 2:36 AM

Don't be upset gentlemen. This is deja vu and we've seen this before.

Guys, you know the routine.

You guys have seen fiery public homophobic hate speech from guys with a tight tie around their neck and head about to explode.

Always looking for a venue from which to spew forth their hatred of gays. Some examples are Roy Cohn to J. Edgar Hoover to Aaron Schock to Reverend Ted Haggard to Senator Larry Craig to Oklahoma State Senator / Trump advocate Ralph Shortey to Evangelical Lutheran Pastor Tom Brock to Houston City Council Member Michael Berry.

The question is how, when, where and by who will this guy be outed?

by Anonymousreply 8February 14, 2020 2:41 AM

[quote]why did CNN bring on a homophobe to discuss a homophobe without a counterpoint

Because dipshits like you keep watching it, getting outraged about it, and posting about it all over the internet, leading to more dipshits watching it and getting outraged, all while CNN rakes in advertising dollars from all the views. And Media Matters slices off their own little chunk of the profits by reporting on the outrageous thing CNN did and wanting you to be outraged about it.

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2020 2:53 AM

This is the problem with all of the news/talk cable networks. They have 24 hours to fill, so some (if not all) of it is going to be pure shit, like this.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2020 3:24 AM

R9 You miserable, whining fuck: would you rather we sit under a cloud of darkness and get no news whatsoeverliving in your ignorant and temporary utopia while MAGA sits 24/7 in front of the 56" flatscreen taking in Fox propaganda planning your execution?

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2020 3:32 AM

I haven’t watched CNN in 20 years.,

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2020 4:09 AM

If you’re upset complain to CNN advertisers.

It’s all about the Benjamins.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2020 4:10 AM

It's not either watch CNN's both-sides propaganda or live in perpetual darkness, R10, and it's embarrassing that you actually tried to pass that off as a valid argument.

Though ending your reply with the heavy implication that we should sit in front of our own propaganda 24/7 like Trumpsters sit in front of Fox News is pretty telling. I'd say you're either a troll or a simpleton, but it's obvious you're both.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2020 4:23 AM

You watch CNN to see the dishy Wolf Blitzer!

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2020 4:27 AM

Bernie Bro Alert at R14.

"I hate everything and participating in meanstream society makes you a capitalist pig loser."

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2020 4:42 AM

Rush, please take your leave ASAP. God: any help in this regard will be much appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2020 5:02 AM

No more breeders in the White House EVER!

by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2020 5:05 AM

[quote][R9] You miserable, whining fuck: would you rather we sit under a cloud of darkness and get no news whatsoeverliving in your ignorant and temporary utopia while MAGA sits 24/7 in front of the 56" flatscreen taking in Fox propaganda planning your execution?

Are you fucking serious with this shit? WE FUCKING KNOW WHAT MAGATS THINK. We know who they hate and we know that Trump could say something and they'd believe it and then Trump could claim 5 mins later he didn't say it and they'd believe that, too.

No one with even two, functioning brain cells doesn't know what those cockroaches think. The ones in denial are the fucking enablers on the left or the "moderates" who constantly tell us "This is why Trump won" because apparently, Joachim Phoenix giving some speech about dairy is a lucid argument to justify voting for Trump or they call themselves "liberal" yet subscribe to Trump's racism and bigotry.

I haven't watched CNN in at least 15 years and I'm glad I don't. They gave a platform to Trump in the first place along with other birther scum. They've been doing this shit for a long time. No one needs to hear from anyone whose views we could transcribe ourselves. They allowed Trump's bullshit to be heard by very ignorant people. Their disgusting views are coddled by networks like CNN. I don't get some of these liberals who cheer on some anchor chastising their right-wing guests. How about not allowing them the attention in the first place instead of thinking you're just so pious by telling them off so you can get your pat on the back from the audience?

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2020 6:02 PM

CNN gave rise to the clown show, normalized it and both-sides the most hideous immorality. The political illiteracy is staggering.

People buy into this shit too. Look over here!! to the "pathetic, feuding Dems" (their narrative) - but not the literal crumbling of democracy and the eroding of the three levels of government before our eyes. It's a huge emergency. Maybe a few more weeks to halt its dire avalanche.

by Anonymousreply 20February 14, 2020 6:35 PM

That's the thing with these networks like CNN. They're so afraid of the right, that they treat every fucking issue as if there's a "both sides." There is no "both sides" when it comes to conspiracy theories like birtherism or bigotry or racism; there's only legitimizing such disgusting beliefs.

We know these psychos are out there and we know what they believe, so why give them what they crave? Airtime, which in no way is beneficial to the public. It only gives them a larger audience.

by Anonymousreply 21February 14, 2020 6:43 PM

R20 Yes, "pathetic feuding dems " is a favorite meme of outlets like CNN. They also enjoy the "dems in disarray " and "Everyone on the planet despises Hilary Clinton " narrative.

by Anonymousreply 22February 14, 2020 6:58 PM

Pete just absolutely eviscerated Trump/Limbaugh on this family values bullshit on CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2020 1:41 AM

R19 I wish it wasn't four days later that I'm reading a reply to a played out issue to the point I no longer give a fuck. Otherwise, I would tear you a new asshole for being an insubordinate, flippant cunt. Fortunately for you I've lost interest in the subject at hand but be advised, bitch. My patience is not unlimited.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 19, 2020 1:59 AM

He could also mention they both have three marriages

by Anonymousreply 25February 19, 2020 4:40 AM

R11/24

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 19, 2020 4:52 AM

The media lovefest on Pete is over. Same for Klob and Warren. They’re gonna get decimated in the next States. Super Tuesday, the narrative is Bernie vs Bloomberg. No one else matters now unless Pete gets a surprise showing he’s the back up

by Anonymousreply 27February 19, 2020 4:56 AM

R27, The media hasn't been in love with Pete since early last year. He was ignored in the summer and only started getting traction in October. By then the media had completely turned on him

by Anonymousreply 28February 19, 2020 5:00 AM

R28 not really. They gave him a love fest till about Oct-Nov then they focused on Klobuchar and Biden. But now it’s all Bloomberg. He’s clearly the chosen one

by Anonymousreply 29February 19, 2020 5:05 AM

Pete was practicly non existent in the media during the summer. He didnt start getting attention until polls showed him in the lead in Iowa with white voters without a college degree. Then they went into "Take down pete" mode. He was always in the background.

by Anonymousreply 30February 19, 2020 5:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!