Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bloomberg is our ONLY HOPE.

Richer than asshole Dump.

SMARTER.

A fellow NYer who will fight dirty with him. And WIN. Because of..well, above.

I hope he gets in because he is our ONLY HOPE.

by Anonymousreply 263February 24, 2020 12:17 PM

And I think that Trumpy must be intimidated by him, the way he is by Nancy Pelosi. Trumpy has run up against Bloomberg for years in NYC and I feel sure that Trumpy has always instinctively known that "Little Mike" is far tougher than big fat lumbering slow-witted Trumpy.

by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2020 4:27 PM

Bloomberg is a narcissistic old man with too much money and zero sense of reality.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2020 4:27 PM

Bernie Bro at R2!

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2020 4:30 PM

Bloomberg is running the best campaign since Obama. He would be an extremely popular and successful president and would ensure that Democrats continue to make gains in Congress and the judicial system. He knows how to run a successful economy.

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2020 4:32 PM

Why is he our only hope, OP? Political threads are boring when they're nothing but slogans. Do your part.

by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2020 4:35 PM

I don’t trust Bloomberg.

Too willing to switch parties just to make it easier to win.

Also, he had then change the law in NYC so he could stay in office longer than two terms. I really didn’t like that. We already have Trump who I am afraid won’t leave if he loses, don’t need another opportunist who stayed in office way longer than he should.

by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2020 4:40 PM

Well R2, you just described Trump as well. The difference is...one is far smarter and does not have an addled brain.

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2020 4:44 PM

Bernie will NOT win against him.

Pete will NOT win.

Biden NEVER and needs to GTFU.

Bloomberg is the ONLY chance.

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2020 4:45 PM

Americans won’t elect a Jew for president.

Sorry you just arrived to planet earth.

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2020 4:47 PM

Bloomberg is a racist, authoritarian oligarch who has supported and been a part of the Republican Party more than the Democratic Party.

He condones and waxes rhapsodic about racial profiling (Communisim?).

He forcefully banned soft drinks (Isn’t that a bit Communistic?).

He paid to stay a third term in New York (Authoritarian).

He supported George W. Bush and ensured the Senate remained Republican.

Anybody pushing this grifter is a grifter, too.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2020 4:48 PM

He believes redlining is “rational”...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2020 4:50 PM

He condones and praises “stop and frisk”...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2020 4:52 PM

Yeah, ok R9. Most thought we would never elect a fucking pussy grabbing retard, and yet...here we are.

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2020 4:52 PM

He’s authoritarian-leaning. He wants to turn us into Singapore. No thanks!

He felt he had the right to BAN certain beverages- not alcohol, though, which really does kill - and bullied the poor with taxes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2020 4:54 PM

We didn't elect him, R13. I don't know why people keep forgetting that.

I'm sick and tired of the political spammers like OP. Muriel better give us more room to ignore more people if he's not going to stop these spammers.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2020 4:54 PM

R14 did you REALLY cite the Washington Times???? Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2020 4:56 PM

He extended his stay for a THIRD term. Talk about Venezuela!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2020 4:56 PM

NO. MORE. BILLIONAIRES.

He should pay off all the poll taxes on felons in Florida if he wants to do a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2020 4:56 PM

I swear Bloomberg is paying people to post this shit.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2020 4:57 PM

Bloomberg for POTUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2020 4:57 PM

If you cookies are going to try and push this disgusting Republican bastard so hard on family, you’re gonna have quite a fight....

A real old-fashioned knife fight.

Good luck, toots.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2020 4:57 PM

FF op!

Russian Dump troll.

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2020 4:58 PM

R19, Dude, conspiracy is for the republitards.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2020 4:58 PM

Dump whispers, “We got this, Mike. Thanks a lot.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2020 4:59 PM

I knew he served 3 terms but didn't realize how he managed that! His own law? Thats a bit crazy.

I was living in NYC but only during his first term - I do know that he turned the city into a city for the rich. I don't think Middle America would know this though. New Yorkers sure do.

Would I vote for him? Hell no.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2020 4:59 PM

Is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2020 5:00 PM

R19 I was thinking the same thing!

Like seriously - the Bloomberg threads are now on overload.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2020 5:00 PM

Bernie will have his kippah for breakfast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2020 5:01 PM

[quote]Why is he our only hope, OP?

As you've obviously been asleep for 4 years, I'll help. Our country has been taken over by a fascist (corporatized power with authoritarian nationalism) who is either actively or passively an agent of a former global superpower seeking to avenge its decline and run by an authoritarian of its own. If this person wins another election, it will be the last one we have, as our system from them on will be 'managed democracy' (look it up) - where the elections are kabuki theatre and an kleptocracy at the top sets the agenda and destroys all dissent.

The opponent, while also an oligarch, still operates firmly in the western liberal democratic tradition and is especially centrist on social and personal liberty issues: gun control, gay rights, education, abortion. Ideally, the alternative may be someone more committed to social democracy but this candidate will not frighten the other oligarchs and will likely expel the covert foreign elements that have taken over our government.

Plus, he is the only one aggressive and threatening enough to the fascist in power to challenge him.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2020 5:02 PM

[quote]I swear Bloomberg is paying people to post this shit.

He recently paid some big-name humor influencers on IG to lend their names to a meme campaign, so I wouldn't be surprised.

You all know places like Amazon's Mechanical Turk platform allow anyone to create jobs which involve paying people a few cents per post for astroturfing, spamming and posting on thousands of forums a day, right? This is easy to set up, and it's been done for a good decade.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2020 5:05 PM

Bloomberg isn’t “happening” and I he isn’t careful, he’s going to destroy his name and empire with his own revealed history as a shifty authoritarian dictator disguised as a Democrat.

It’s going to get juicy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2020 5:05 PM

R31 = Bernie Bro, triggered

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2020 5:10 PM

R19 You mean as opposed to the insipid and nonstop Pete posts? “Handsome Pete,” “What Will Chasten Wear to the Inauguration,” and on and on. I'd think they were paid posts except even Pete wouldn’t pay such shitty writers. Bloomberg will beat Trump and bring the country back from the precipice.

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2020 5:10 PM

R19 You mean as opposed to the insipid and nonstop Pete posts? “Handsome Pete,” “What Will Chasten Wear to the Inauguration,” and on and on. I'd think they were paid posts except even Pete wouldn’t pay such shitty writers. Bloomberg will beat Trump and bring the country back from the precipice.

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2020 5:10 PM

I like Mike and I like R29 nicely stated!

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2020 5:16 PM

You mean gay posters, posting on a gay message board about a gay candidate.

At least Pete is a real democrat

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2020 5:16 PM

Stop and frisk was a disaster and a desperate move. Breaking up “occupy Wall Street” in the middle of the night was craven

He’s not the MOST evil billionaire in hr world, but.. . ,

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2020 5:19 PM

No billionaire is on your side. Unless you’re also a billionaire. Are you a billionaire, OP? Because if you aren’t, then you’re just tragically stupid.

Bloomberg has enormous baggage and it’s only now coming out. He has a history of egregiously misogynistic remarks and encounters with women, and of racist practices and opinions which are all coming out now.

Bloomberg is trying to buy the presidency. That should terrify people.

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2020 5:19 PM

[quote] At least Pete is a real democrat

Oh my sides!! Pete is a closet Republican.

by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2020 5:20 PM

IF anyone here thinks TRUMP is not going to get the constitution changed to run again, you are nuts. OF COURSE HE WILL. And, he will WIN because the asshole Senate fear him and will vote on it.

All of the things that people against Bloomberg cite as reasons NOT to vote for him....IS EXACTLY what Trump either has done or will do.

And, I prefer ANYONE over Trump. Bloomberg will win. Nobody else will and we will be stuck w Trump and all of the shit that brings w it.

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2020 5:21 PM

Block Boris at R8 and half the thread disappears.

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2020 5:22 PM

Is OP MATT Anscher?

by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2020 5:22 PM

The Pete guy is also a spammer R36, it's not just a bunch of posts organically springing up on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2020 5:23 PM

R38, I am quite wealthy. My father bought me a shit ton of Bitcoin when it was pennies. So, yeah...but, I am also a medical student who is governed by my conscience. And, let me say this...you are right. Thing is, Trump is evil. Bloomberg is the lesser of the two. Anything that Bloomberg has done, Trump has too. Or will do.

So, its about this: Want a fucked up Dem or Republitard? Because nobody else will win against him. If Bloomberg is not running against Trump, Trump wins a second term. And, he will change the constitution for a third and more terms.

by Anonymousreply 44February 13, 2020 5:24 PM

[quote]Block Boris at [R8] and half the thread disappears.

Actually, the same can be said of blocking R10, BORIS.

by Anonymousreply 45February 13, 2020 5:37 PM

Yes, R10.I am in between classes and posting on here a LOT. So what?

by Anonymousreply 46February 13, 2020 5:39 PM

"IF anyone here thinks TRUMP is not going to get the constitution changed to run again, you are nuts. OF COURSE HE WILL"

Oh my goodness. Are you insane? Trump isn't running a third term. He will be like 80 by then. He isn't changing the Constitution. Some of you have gone quite insane over the past few years..

Abortion is still legal. Gays can still marry. The world has not ended - and it isn't going to because of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 47February 13, 2020 5:42 PM

R40 you should be more disgusted that Bloomberg actually did change the law and took a third term.

Her actually did it - but let's all assume that ancient orange face will steal a third term! He's too old.

by Anonymousreply 48February 13, 2020 5:44 PM

Um, R47? Are YOU insane? Have you not heard him "joke" about doing just that? Do you also realize he has ZERO sense of humor? The no smile lines are a giveaway, in case you are not sure. And, if he DOES NOT die, he WILL DO THAT. He already said so. Look at what he HAS gotten away with already. Why? Because the SENATE allows it. That is all it will take. You may have had your head stuck up your ass, but I will tell you that these are NOT normal times. If I am insane, you are clearly a dolt and obtuse. Even if I am not, clearly. And, I am not. So....

by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2020 5:55 PM

R48, you already said that. Only with more venom in R47 lol.

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2020 5:57 PM

All caps for emphasis?

Fraucunt.

by Anonymousreply 51February 13, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]Oh my sides!! Pete is a closet Republican.

in no way is he, and I've been a registered democrat for over thirty years

by Anonymousreply 52February 13, 2020 6:00 PM

R51, you are miserable, huh?

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2020 6:02 PM

The people don't want a phony Democrat. If it's a choice between a genuine Republican, and a Republican in Democratic clothing, the people will choose the genuine article, every time; that is, they will take a Republican before they will a phony Democrat, ~Harry Truman, May 17th, 1952

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 13, 2020 6:09 PM

You forgot to make 16 other threads, OP.

Oh....wait......never mind!

by Anonymousreply 55February 13, 2020 6:10 PM

Dont worry, R55....never minded at all.

by Anonymousreply 56February 13, 2020 6:12 PM

Again with kids and morons.

1. Bloomberg never did ban sodas. It never happened

2. Bloomberg has spent millions of his own money helping elect Democrats.

3. He has spent millions on gin control.

4. He has spent millions on climate change.

5 he is pro gay

6! He is pro choice

Sounds like a Democrat to me.

. .

by Anonymousreply 57February 13, 2020 6:27 PM

Is this the first time that we have had two Jewish men on the same ticket running for president?

by Anonymousreply 58February 13, 2020 6:35 PM

Gin control will get you nowhere with the alcoholic homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 59February 13, 2020 6:37 PM

[quote] He has spent millions on gin control.

What’s wrong with gin?

by Anonymousreply 60February 13, 2020 6:38 PM

billionaires don't drink gin! they drink the blood of the innocents

by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2020 6:39 PM

Is Michael Bloomberg Jewish?

by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2020 6:40 PM

He's a Republican with no stomach for regulating greed who turned New York City into an overpriced hellhole for foreign oligarch scumbag blood money.

by Anonymousreply 63February 13, 2020 6:43 PM

Bullshit, OP, just simple bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 64February 13, 2020 6:46 PM

Doomberg is done but we’re going to have lots of fun confirming that he’s done.

by Anonymousreply 65February 13, 2020 7:16 PM

OP, are you off your meds again?

by Anonymousreply 66February 13, 2020 7:25 PM

[quote]

Oh my sides!! Pete is a closet Republican.

in no way is he, and I've been a registered democrat for over thirty years

[italic]non sequitur[/italic] alert.

by Anonymousreply 67February 13, 2020 8:20 PM

[quote] Again with kids and morons.

1. Bloomberg never did ban sodas. It never happened

Doesn’t it bother you in the least that he wanted to and tried?

by Anonymousreply 68February 13, 2020 8:54 PM

R68 not as much as people spreading lies. Something Bloomberg does not do

by Anonymousreply 69February 13, 2020 9:23 PM

A politician who doesn’t lie?

Aren’t you cute?

by Anonymousreply 70February 13, 2020 10:28 PM

I think "fight as dirty or even dirtier" is the way to win this thing, but only by focusing the dirty fighting on the incumbent. By doing that, he'll get under Frump's skin, who will most likely go Twitter-ballistic in fighting back. Call him out on everything during the debates - it won't make a difference to the deplorables, but will show the Dems have a tough guy (regardless if it's true or not), who is willing to call him out on all his bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 71February 13, 2020 10:33 PM

For the life of me I cannot understand why anyone would seriously want Bloomberg. The way he is just lurking in the shadows and dropping hundreds of millions to buy his place in the race makes me sick.

by Anonymousreply 72February 13, 2020 10:44 PM

Bloomberg isn’t a Republican. He’s a lifelong Democrat who switched parties for a second in order to get into the race.

by Anonymousreply 73February 13, 2020 10:57 PM

So he’s an opportunist, r73?

by Anonymousreply 74February 13, 2020 11:07 PM

Bloomberg isn’t a NYer. He is a transplant.

by Anonymousreply 75February 13, 2020 11:13 PM

I'll take Bloomberg before Trump turns the US into Poland.

by Anonymousreply 76February 13, 2020 11:14 PM

The millions donated to Republicans and Republican causes are a disqualifying. If he does buy his way the nomination, I will suck it up and vote for Trump. I cant wait to see Bloomberg's face on election night when he realizes he just wasted a couple of billion dollars and his master plan failed. Ha!

by Anonymousreply 77February 13, 2020 11:23 PM

R77 well that makes sense and really helps the gays, Democrats, and the rest of us. NOT

by Anonymousreply 78February 14, 2020 1:07 AM

Bloomberg is, at least, a successful businessman, with the receipts to prove it. Orange shit gibbon, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 79February 14, 2020 1:23 AM

How will this work? He's not polling well, and he hasn't even debated yet.

Are we supposed to write him in?

by Anonymousreply 80February 14, 2020 1:55 AM

I live in an area that contains the Hamptons, but the majority of voters live west in working class towns. Who’s the congressman? Asshole Lee Zeldin, He would be so easy to beat if we could get a Democrat who’s a veteran and from no higher than an upper middle class local family. Who does the Democratic Party have running against him? A billionaire. A guy who lived in Manhattan for the past 25 years & then he decided to run for office in the district because it contained his Hamptons summer home. He switched his residency from Manhattan just months before the election. Because you know, he feels your pain.

Do you know what that looks like to the rednecks to the west, who are the vast majority of voters? A summer “cidiot” carpetbags the area. Meanwhile, Zeldin grew up in one of the most working class of working class local areas and attended state schools. His opponent went to Berkeley & Yale. An elite Hamptonite cidiot liberal against a working class hometown boy who’s a veteran. It’s NOT a good look.

Enough of these billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 81February 14, 2020 2:01 AM

I was going to say what R37 said. I don't have any personal exposure to Bloomberg as I don't live there. But everything I do know about his, er, legacy, is that he turned NYC into a place that courts the rich and despises not only the poor, but the average. He allowed perhaps encouraged the police to harass minorities. The city has become unaffordable. Bloomberg wastes time trying to ban and tax soft drinks. He was no fan of Occupy Wall Street.

I don't understand how a person with these values will help average Americans. He seems to hate them. In his limousine liberal way, he's every bit as authoritarian as Trump. Why can't we have a candidate who gives a shit about ordinary people?

by Anonymousreply 82February 14, 2020 2:04 AM

Bloomberg is an awful man.

by Anonymousreply 83February 14, 2020 2:26 AM

[quote] I swear Bloomberg is paying people to post this shit.

I agree. He certainly has the $$ to do so. Every time I see a Bloomberg thread, I am just going to FF and quietly move on -- his campaign seems hellbent on trying to "make him happen" and they're bordering on Berniesta-level of annoying.

by Anonymousreply 84February 14, 2020 2:30 AM

Bloomberg got rid of zoning regulations that opened the door to the stratospheric, faceless glass needles popping up in NYC. Why? So he could put up the green monstrosity Bloomberg Building that blotted out the view of the Chrysler Building from much of the Upper East Side (Long before the Freedom Tower). On a misty night, the Bloomberg Building emits a sickly gaseous, Ghostbusters-like green glow.

The NYC skyline is now unrecognizable thanks to him, and Central Park is being literally overshadowed by these tall needle buildings.

by Anonymousreply 85February 14, 2020 2:38 AM

Wow, a lot of bad information here. The poster who said that B'berg did not pass the soda restriction bill is correct. He proposed it, to help NYers become a little more healthy or at least aware of what they were taking in. It wasn't a tax; it was a restriction that food establishments couldn't sell sodas over 16 oz. (I believe that was the size). We all laughed and thought he was becoming our nanny, but it certainly wasn't the end of the world like you all are making it sound.

Additionally, he didn't change the law to get a third term, the city council voted to extend the term limits. This was during the big downturn that Bush et al helped bring on us. (Yes, I know that he was able to get certain City Council members to vote for it since they had been caught with their little slush funds). Quite honestly, he kept the city in pretty good shape considering how many banks and other institutions (residual damage) crashed and burned during that time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86February 14, 2020 3:16 AM

I HATE REPUBLICANS. r86 go die.

by Anonymousreply 87February 14, 2020 3:17 AM

Bloomberg did this and that. He said this and that. You're just helping him by getting him in people's minds.

$61.5 billion. It's winnable.

by Anonymousreply 88February 14, 2020 3:19 AM

Is this thread part of the documented effort by Bloomberg to purchase positive comments on social media?

by Anonymousreply 89February 14, 2020 3:22 AM

Sure it is, R89. Because DL is an opinion leader.

by Anonymousreply 90February 14, 2020 3:23 AM

One thing you can guarantee: New Yorkers hate all their politicians.

by Anonymousreply 91February 14, 2020 3:24 AM

I cannot believe people are excited about a soulless, charmless billionaire waltzing in to buy a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 92February 14, 2020 3:40 AM

R92, hardly anybody is. Bloomberg obviously has some paid shills working overtime for him, hence the 10 threads about him today.

by Anonymousreply 93February 14, 2020 3:41 AM

I'm excited. I want to see someone with real power and resources destroy Cheeto.

by Anonymousreply 94February 14, 2020 3:44 AM

Aw!

Stricken!

by Anonymousreply 95February 14, 2020 3:46 AM

R92, I also wouldn't be surprised if some of these pro-Bloomberg posters are Republicans themselves. It works to their benefit to now have actual Republicans infiltrating the Democratic party. In a few years, they'll probably be trying to push the likes of Susan Collins and Murkowski into Democratic races. They want to yank the Democratic party farther and farther to the right.

by Anonymousreply 96February 14, 2020 3:47 AM

Keep up, R80.

by Anonymousreply 97February 14, 2020 3:49 AM

Bloomberg has health issues.

Details: Bloomberg underwent a coronary stent placement for a blocked artery in 2000, and his doctor reports that he has undergone routine cardiac stress testing since then.

In 2018, Bloomberg developed atrial fibrillation — a form of irregular heartbeat — for which he now takes a blood thinner. Bloomberg also takes medicine to control his cholesterol, in addition to a beta-blocker. Bloomberg's doctors says he has also had "small skin cancers removed, and is treated for arthritis and heartburn, both of which are well controlled." The letter also notes that Bloomberg "exercises several times a week and plays golf avidly."

by Anonymousreply 98February 14, 2020 3:59 AM

It’s hilarious - it’s gonna come down to Bernie vs Pete. What a shit show. Trump is jumping for joy.

by Anonymousreply 99February 14, 2020 8:19 AM

The grasping at ludicrous candidate straws (a Jew President‽‽ In anti-Jew America‽‽) is the unfortunate indication that, with 10 months to the general elections, the Dems have no suitable candidate for the office of President.

by Anonymousreply 100February 14, 2020 9:15 AM

Bloomberg/Harris makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 101February 14, 2020 9:31 AM

[quote] it’s gonna come down to Bernie vs Pete. What a shit show. Trump is jumping for joy.

If Bernie (the socialist) is the nominee, the moderates and independents will vote for Trump or not vote at all, and we're fucked.

If Pete (the extremely white gay man) is the nominee, the blacks and Latinos won't vote, and we're fucked.

If Bloomberg (the billionaire) is the nominee, the Bernie Bros won't vote, and we're fucked.

Our only hope was that Biden would somehow muster up the physical strength and enthusiasm to last until November, and craft a better campaign message than "I was Obama's vice president!" But that now seems out of the question. So we're fucked.

by Anonymousreply 102February 14, 2020 9:56 AM

Don't count Biden out just yet. Yes he tanked in ultra white Iowa and NH, but a new Georgia poll released yesterday and conducted on Feb 12 (the day after NH results came in) show him with 32% of likely voters, a commanding lead of 18 points and more than double that of the next two candidates, Bloomberg and Bernie, with just 14% each. Pete Liz and Amy have just 5,4 and 3% respectively.

This is a crazy rollercoaster of a primary season, nothing like the normal where Biden would be out. Who knows what will happen once the south and more diverse states get voting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 14, 2020 10:57 AM

R66, While I am sure that your attempt at humor found you satisfied, to those older than 6 years old- it is eye rolling and reflects your stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 104February 14, 2020 12:22 PM

R102, you have a point. I am not crazy about Biden's chances against Trump but you make valid points.

by Anonymousreply 105February 14, 2020 12:24 PM

R101 That could work. Anyone but Trump. Anyone.

by Anonymousreply 106February 14, 2020 12:46 PM

There are only two things to really love about Bloomberg. 1) He is not Trump. 2) He has Trump rattled already and has the resources to finish him off. Every other candidate satisfies item 1) and only Bloomberg satisfies item 2.) That makes the choice clear.

Trump is corrupting the Department of Justice and the federal courts, changes which will last and adversely affect our lives for DECADES. Those 40 year old judges are not going away any time soon. He is ripping small children from their mothers and locking them all in cages. And you queens are bitching about a single regulation Bloomberg proposed on the sales of soda in New York City.

Bloomberg is not perfect, but he isn't horrible. And the ways in which he failed as mayor do not compare to the crimes committed every day by Donald Trump. He is the candidate most well suited to ousting Trump. That is the only thing that matters.

by Anonymousreply 107February 14, 2020 12:47 PM

Two new post-NH polls today in delegate rich Texas and Florida show Biden tied for first with Sanders in Texas and Biden tied for first with Bloomberg in Florida. Biden still alive. The other moderates Amy and Pete in single digits in both states. Interesting that NH and Iowa results have not given them any sort of bump in these critical and much more diverse states. Sanders btw has a mere 10 percent in FL.

by Anonymousreply 108February 14, 2020 1:42 PM

One big unanswered question about Bloomberg is how much of his vast resources will he commit to beating Trump if Bloomberg doesn't win the nomination? He has already stated that he will still spend big regardless, but how much, relative to if he did? If he's still willing to plunk down a ton of dough, it makes the argument about his wealth as an asset to the fight vs Trump less relevant to whether he gets the nom or not.

by Anonymousreply 109February 14, 2020 2:01 PM

Bernie's the only one that can get working class whites out to the polls. Low information black voters are not going to win us the election despite what Joy Reid wants you to believe.

Bernie or BUST!

by Anonymousreply 110February 14, 2020 2:06 PM

Bernie will lose against Trump.

Too many people hate him because of the HRC thing and others won't vote for a "socialist", even if they are liberals.

People will stay home. Like they did last time he ran and lost to HRC. Only, now, they will stay home for the reasons above.

by Anonymousreply 111February 14, 2020 2:11 PM

Bernie Sanders leaps to first among Texas Democrats in latest UT/TT Poll

Bernie Sanders 24%

Joseph R. Biden 22%

Elizabeth Warren 15%

Michael R. Bloomberg 10%

Pete Buttigieg 7%

Sanders now leads the Democratic presidential candidates among Texas voters, but Donald Trump maintains a slight lead over each of the top Democrats in the race, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll. Sanders is the only candidate within the margin of error against Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112February 14, 2020 2:12 PM

R111, He's our only hope. Stop reciting corporate media billionaire-approved propaganda.

The voters want Bernie, the elites don't The elites are outnumbered!

by Anonymousreply 113February 14, 2020 2:13 PM

R113 It over at R111 hates Bernie. Stop trying to change its mind.

by Anonymousreply 114February 14, 2020 2:17 PM

R113, I am repeating nothing, as I do not invest in the opinions of others by virtue of journalistic political trade. I do, however, have an opinion based on what I witnessed and now have to wake up to every day. And, I am right. Sorry if you do not see it. You will if Bernie runs against Trump, however. Save this so that you can apologize to me.

by Anonymousreply 115February 14, 2020 2:24 PM

The bottom line is that the reason Bernie is leading in polls right now is because there are so many moderates splitting the vote amongst themselves. The Bernie Bros know this but insist on pushing the false narrative that he's who the people want. He's clearly not, but he does have a high floor/low ceiling of supporters that amounts to 25-30% of voters. That leaves the other 65-70% who do not like Bernie.

Bernie had around 65% of the vote in NH in 2016. This time he had about 26%. That means 3 out of 5 voters in NH (a neighboring state where he has hide geographical and demographic advantages) who voted for him last time chose someone else in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 116February 14, 2020 2:26 PM

I’m curious to see how Bloomberg explains the $12 million in donations he’s given to Mitch McConnell and Lindsey Graham.

Hopefully the media isnt blinded by his wealth and asks him the tough questions they ask everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 117February 14, 2020 2:48 PM

The Bernie Bros and the Pete stans are apoplectic over the prospect of people moving toward Bloomberg — as we can see on this thread.

Unfortunately for them, a lot of people are.

by Anonymousreply 118February 14, 2020 2:49 PM

R117, he will say that he did it before Graham started to fuck Trump up the ass and worked across party lines.

by Anonymousreply 119February 14, 2020 2:52 PM

R119, Yeah but there's a big difference between "working across party lines" and handing out huge checks to help Republicans defeat Democrats.

He better have a better answer than that.

by Anonymousreply 120February 14, 2020 2:55 PM

The truth is that the establishment and unhinged Bernie-haters expect him to accept a double-standard in which polls and election results favoring him are to be considered irrelevant or invalid. It truly is insane.

And nobody is voting ideologically right now. I doubt all of the moderate candidates’ supporters will flock 100% to whomever takes the lead. Bernie will be snatching some of those up, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 121February 14, 2020 2:56 PM

R121, you sound like a brainwashed Trump supporter, sans the Trump love and replaced with the Bernie love. Odd.

by Anonymousreply 122February 14, 2020 2:58 PM

I'm with ya, r122, this strange person actually used the phrase "unhinged Bernie-haters". The irony!

by Anonymousreply 123February 14, 2020 3:10 PM

R122 / R123 And you sound retarded as you clearly are. A bit delusional, too, considering you’re replying to and agreeing with yourself.

by Anonymousreply 124February 14, 2020 3:38 PM

R123, the next thing we will see is "Bernie Derangement Syndrome".

by Anonymousreply 125February 14, 2020 3:39 PM

Bloomberg is the Centrist's version of Trump.

Bloomberg: I can shoot somebody in the middle of Time Square and they'll STILL support me

by Anonymousreply 126February 14, 2020 3:42 PM

R117, the same way Trump explained his donations to the Clintons: you put chips on both red and black. The payoffs more than make up for the losses when one of the two loses.

by Anonymousreply 127February 14, 2020 3:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 14, 2020 3:44 PM

r127, He was specifically supporting those camapgaigns. He didn't give money to their democratic competitors. My Biden supporting dad who loves his "moscow mitch" shirt isn't gonna buy that,

by Anonymousreply 129February 14, 2020 3:45 PM

R129, you invest in the stronger of the candidates from both parties across races. If the Dem has no chance in Kentucky, why give money to him/her if you can give money to the Dem candidate in CA?

by Anonymousreply 130February 14, 2020 3:46 PM

Further irony in that the "unhinged" Bernbot uses the word "retarded" as an insult. And also makes the false claim that I am also r122 based on no evidence at all other than that I agreed with that prior poster. So essentially will say anything whether it's the truth or not in order to attempt to support his cause. Sound familiar? This is why people can't stand Bernie's supporters as much as they can't stand Trump's.

by Anonymousreply 131February 14, 2020 3:49 PM

R131 lol. You’re a mess and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 132February 14, 2020 4:11 PM

The New York Times did an article late last year when Bloomberg was considering getting into the race discussing specifically his contributions to Rethugs. (I couldn’t find an MSN link — it may have been too long ago.) His rationale seemed to center on those who would support his gun control proposals and In an effort to oppose some Tea Party challengers. In retrospect, it doesn’t look like all that great of a strategy.

That being said, I’m still willing to support Bloomberg, because we are in such dire straits. He’s unquestionably made mistakes, but he at least can recognize that he has made those errors and is attempting to correct the problems. The wrong-headed notion that tRump is OK because the Supreme Court hasn’t overturned Roe or marriage equality and the stock market is doing well is extremely short-sighted. On the core issues of climate change, gun control, LGBTQ equality, health care, civil rights, and education Bloomberg is saying the right things and has, in some instances, decades of support behind those words. I’ve seen nothing where he has said he wants to continue or extend the disastrous tRump tax cuts.

There is no ideal perfect candidate. I’m willing to roll the dice and go with Bloomberg just to get rid of the monster in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 133February 14, 2020 4:31 PM

R131, yes, this person has the exact frame of mind that Trumpians have, and it is so crazy. His signature "Bernie's bitch" is attempting to back away a bit through humor, but not too effective.

by Anonymousreply 134February 14, 2020 5:05 PM

R133, I share the SAME view. Not nuts at all about Bloomberg. In fact, he annoys me and I am not happy with some of the crap he pulled. However, I do believe that he is the ONLY one that can beat the unhinged, addled mess currently in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 135February 14, 2020 5:07 PM

"However, I do believe that he is the ONLY one that can beat the unhinged, addled mess currently in the "

Based on the strength of some tv ads? Centrists are fucking stupid. No wonder they gave black us Donald in the WH.

by Anonymousreply 136February 14, 2020 5:12 PM

R136, you are miserable, huh? Sorry for that.

by Anonymousreply 137February 14, 2020 5:34 PM

Voting tactically in England didn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 138February 14, 2020 5:45 PM

Nobody's going to vote for someone that is obviously just another Trump. Think bigger, Democrats. Playing it safe does not work.

We should know that by now.

by Anonymousreply 139February 14, 2020 5:52 PM

People should be thinking about 2024 anyway. This election is gone.

by Anonymousreply 140February 14, 2020 9:45 PM

Yeah, OK Boris at R140. 🙄 The election is a foregone tRump victory. Right.

He’s historically very weak, despite overseeing adequate economic numbers. Show us one blue Hillary state that will flip into his column. That means the Democrats and their surrogates can concentrate a great deal of time in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin, which he won by a combined total of about 80,000 votes.

by Anonymousreply 141February 14, 2020 10:59 PM

Bloomberg is everything that is wrong with America.

by Anonymousreply 142February 14, 2020 11:01 PM

[quote]Trump is everything that is wrong with America.

FTFY dumdum.

by Anonymousreply 143February 15, 2020 12:01 AM

Please read at the link:

Bloomberg is just another Trump, another Republican Plutocrat. I lived in NYC through all 3 of his terms. No one wanted him to have that 3rd term. He bought it for himself against the wishes of the people of NYC. He will destroy Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid as surely as Trump and the rest of the Republicans. If you think Medicaid will never mean anything in your life that it's only for the poor think again when grandma or grandpa need to come live with you and you're the one who will have to change their diapers. If you can't or can no longer afford to live in NYC Bloomberg is the reason.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144February 15, 2020 12:36 AM

My goodness and I thought the Pete propaganda on here was awful. Now we got Bloomberg spam

by Anonymousreply 145February 15, 2020 12:49 AM

The author of the hit piece that you suggested R144, is Nathan Robinson, who has written articles critical of Warren, Biden, and Pete, but was happy to pen such pieces as: “Everyone is Getting on the Bernie Train,” and “Getting Bernie Over the Top.” So, he is quite clearly biased. Given his blinding loyalty to Sanders, he has likely slanted all the facts to suit the narrative he wants to weave. After all, his underlying premise is that all the Democrats who speak favorably about Bloomberg have either been bribed or paid off. 🙄 I know plenty of Dems who are in favor of Bloomberg, and who have never seen a dime from the man.

by Anonymousreply 146February 15, 2020 1:07 AM

If the nomination fight comes down to Bernie vs. Bloomberg, which it very well might, it will show that the Democratic Party is in shambles. If, after starting with 29 candidates, it all comes down to a candidate who's not really a Democrat but actually a socialist who wants to blow up the establishment, running against a candidate who's not really a Democrat but more of a moderate Republican who wants to buy his way into the White House, then what does that say about the state of the party? And how will the two factions ever unite? Bernie Bros will never vote for a billionaire like Bloomberg, and Bloomberg supporters will never vote for a socialist like Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 147February 15, 2020 2:22 AM

[quote]a candidate who's not really a Democrat but actually a socialist who wants to blow up the establishment

He is part of the Independent Party and considers himself a Democratic Socialist or better titled, a Social Democrat.

And at least he’s never switched parties like one would outfits or underwear.

by Anonymousreply 148February 15, 2020 3:13 AM

The nomination will not come down to Bernie and Bloomberg.

Nobody is going to get 51% of the delegates before Milwaukee.

Interesting scenarios:

No candidate has 51% of the delegates and the REAL Democrats negotiate between Joe, Elizabeth, Amy or Pete on the first ballot.

No candidate has 51% of the delegates and the candidates let their dedicated delegates vote as they were elected on the first ballot. The Super Delegates, excluded by Bernie as negotiated with the DNC on the first ballot, pick the Nominee on the second ballot. Practically all of the SDs are Democratic moderates which increases the likelihood of Joe.

Either way NOT BERNIE!!!

by Anonymousreply 149February 15, 2020 6:24 AM

^^^^No candidate has 51% of the delegates and the REAL Democratic CANDIDATES negotiate between themselves for Joe, Elizabeth, Amy or Pete on the first ballot.

Clarification^^^

by Anonymousreply 150February 15, 2020 6:26 AM

[quote]If the nomination fight comes down to Bernie vs. Bloomberg, which it very well might, it will show that the Democratic Party is in shambles.

I really think it won’t come down to this. I think Democratic voters are smart enough to see through the lies and the unelectability of these two grifters.

by Anonymousreply 151February 15, 2020 10:08 AM

R151, so who exactly do you think will emerge as electable then? Warren? Pete? None of these candidates (despite being great people) can cut it in a battle against Trump for very obvious reasons. We aren't in a cutesy, easy bake oven sort of election year. Many of us wanted Biden, but if he can't cut it - Bloomberg is looking very appealing.

by Anonymousreply 152February 15, 2020 10:33 AM

Pete and Amy are the most electable.

by Anonymousreply 153February 15, 2020 11:10 AM

[quote]Many of us wanted Biden, but if he can't cut it

Nobody wanted Biden. He’s already run twice and failed. The writing was on the wall. Only fools thought he was electable.

by Anonymousreply 154February 15, 2020 11:11 AM

"for obvious reasons' - translation: his appeal to racists and fools like R152

by Anonymousreply 155February 15, 2020 11:27 AM

Racist? My vote was always for Kamala Harris you idiot. And...Pete is not a viable candidate against Trump (marginal experience at best, too many "Christians" will avoid him for obvious reasons, ZERO black support, etc.). The only contender in 2020 will be Bloomberg if Biden can't get his act together.

by Anonymousreply 156February 15, 2020 11:35 AM

You can't count Biden out. Yes, he faltered in the early white states but he's still by far the most viable moderate as an alternative to progressive Bernie, including Bloomberg . In post NH-result polls, he still has sizeable leads in Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina, and is statistically tied with Bloomberg in Florida and Bernie in Texas. He's also second to Bernie in Nevada and just recieved a big post-NH endorsement from a prominent Nevada house member. These are all the state polls that have been done since NH, so in every single post NH state poll he's either in first or second. If you ignore all the press overhype about him bombing out, that's an enviable position. Amy and Pete are still in single digits in almost all of these post-NH polls. This race is still wide open, especially as Bloomberg and Klobuchar in particular are finally being vetted whereas all of Biden's weaknesses have already been thoroughly exposed and reported.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157February 15, 2020 12:33 PM

Everyone likes Biden. It is only since the great Trump disinformation churn that people start to think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 158February 15, 2020 12:35 PM

[quote] You can't count Biden out. Yes, he faltered in the early white states but he's still by far the most viable moderate as an alternative to progressive Bernie, including Bloomberg .

I agree that Biden always has been and will be the most viable moderate to take on Trump, but only if he has the message, the money, the stamina, the passion, and the mental sharpness to survive until November. The events of the past few weeks have thrown all of those things into doubt, throwing the race into chaos.

by Anonymousreply 159February 15, 2020 12:43 PM

Biden is DOA. It’s time to move on.

by Anonymousreply 160February 15, 2020 12:49 PM

[quote] Everyone likes Biden. It is only since the great Trump disinformation churn that people start to think otherwise.

Yes, everyone likes Uncle Joe. But you cannot blame a disinformation campaign on the current disillusionment with Biden. He did it to himself. He just seems tired and not particularly up to the arduous task of running a grueling campaign. His current predicament is one of his own making.

by Anonymousreply 161February 15, 2020 1:01 PM

He’s our only hope?

Dafuq he is, Obi Wan?

by Anonymousreply 162February 15, 2020 1:19 PM

The headline on this thread keeps popping up on my timeline and makes me want to SCREAM. Or laugh.

by Anonymousreply 163February 15, 2020 1:47 PM

Is Mike Bloomberg a diaper fetishist?

by Anonymousreply 164February 15, 2020 2:22 PM

Bloomberg is:

1. Pro-Choice

2. Pro-Gay rights

3. Anti-gun (spent MILLIONS of his own $ on gun control)

4. Pro Environment/fighting climate changes (spent MILLIONS of his own $ on climate change)

5. Supportive of other Democrats in other elections

6. Committed to spending more millions on the Democrat nominee for 2020 even if it's not he

so all you assholes screaming that he is a "not a democrat" or he is as "republican"........... sorry but the facts are the facts.

he was a republican for approx 4-8 years of his 50-60 year political career,, an Independent for about 4 years, and a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT for the remainder, i.e. the majority of political life.

by Anonymousreply 165February 15, 2020 3:37 PM

WW for R165

by Anonymousreply 166February 15, 2020 3:49 PM

R165, yes if anyone were to go on his website and look at his various plans, they are all mainstream Democratic policies. I’ve heard people here and on FB screaming about him wanting more tax cuts. Not true. He wants to raise taxes on the top earners and impose a separate wealth tax — so, not at all like tRump and the Repukes. But facts be damned, feelings are all that matter.

by Anonymousreply 167February 15, 2020 4:18 PM

Well, Super Tuesday will tell.

by Anonymousreply 168February 15, 2020 4:34 PM

Joe's a great guy and would make a great president. He's the perfect antidote to Trump character and experience wise. Yes he's old and no longer at the top of his game but still good enough. I think his problem has been taking oncoming fire from both the other candidates AND Trump and the rethugs at the same time, fighting a war on multiple fronts. He's the only one that had to do that. Now that impeachment has faded let's see if he can focus and pick it back up in the next few weeks. That will tell the tale of whether he can do this or not.

by Anonymousreply 169February 15, 2020 4:40 PM

[quote] He's the only one that had to do that. Now tha

Every candidate has to do that.

by Anonymousreply 170February 15, 2020 5:17 PM

R144 Stop spreading that lie about Bloomberg buying his third term. The real culprits were the corrupt city council members, who were caught with their little slush funds. He didn't have to pay them. It was pure politics.

by Anonymousreply 171February 15, 2020 5:20 PM

No r170, every candidate did not have to take the hits from Trump and the Rethugs that Joe Biden did during the impeachment trial. I didn't see any Senators proclaiming they would be subpeonaing Bernie to testify. I didn't see any Republicans vowing to impeach Liz if she become president. I didn't see any Republican Senators taking out negative TV ads in Iowa targeting Pete or Amy. So no every candidate didn't have to do that, take your head out of your ass.

by Anonymousreply 172February 15, 2020 5:35 PM

If Bloomberg is your only hope, you really have nothing to live for.

by Anonymousreply 173February 16, 2020 12:01 AM

[quote]You can't count Biden out.

His cognitive impairment is not going to be healed between now and the convention.

by Anonymousreply 174February 16, 2020 12:05 AM

A used condom is smarter than Dump.

by Anonymousreply 175February 16, 2020 12:12 AM

I'm not for Biden but I will happily take him over Bloomberg. Bloomberg is the only one running I will not vote for. I watched him destroy the city I grew up in. He's just a shorter Trump.

by Anonymousreply 176February 16, 2020 3:03 AM

Bloomberg spent 112 million dollars to secure his third term as mayor. Make of that what you will.

by Anonymousreply 177February 16, 2020 3:07 AM

"He wants to raise taxes on the top earners and impose a separate wealth tax — so, not at all like tRump and the Repukes. "

Do you really believe that? Jesus, mary....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178February 16, 2020 3:12 AM

I love the way some of you say of Bloomberg, "He wants" how old are you that you still believe what a politician, especially a billionaire Republican pretending to be a Democrat, says. Yeah, sure, he'll raise money on the rich. That's why he threw the poor out of NYC and all his support went to very rich developers and landlords. He will promise anything now. At least what Warren and Bernie say they want is what they've said they've wanted for as long as anyone can remember. Yes, I know Warren was once a Republican too but she has wanted to do good for the people for decades now.

by Anonymousreply 179February 16, 2020 3:43 AM

No More Billionaires.

by Anonymousreply 180February 16, 2020 4:10 AM

I don't think Bloomberg really wants to be Pres, he just wants to keep Trump from being Pres. I'd like to see him win the Dem nomination, run with someone younger for VP (maybe Klobuchar or Buttigieg), win, then resign so the VP can become Pres -- then the new Pres can appoint Warren as his/her new VP and they can work together to implement Warren's plans.

by Anonymousreply 181February 16, 2020 4:25 AM

R181, He wants to keep SANDERS from being president.

by Anonymousreply 182February 16, 2020 4:26 AM

Do not care what their motivation, but I would like to see some billionaires chuck out the pocket change and pay the state of Florida its Ex-Felon Poll Tax. so people could vote.

by Anonymousreply 183February 16, 2020 4:42 AM

For God's sake can we just get a dem who can win??????? Bloomberg/Harris 2020.

by Anonymousreply 184February 16, 2020 4:51 AM

If you want a Dem who can win, the pack of 4 real Dems needs to collect delegates all the way to the convention in Milwaukee.

by Anonymousreply 185February 16, 2020 4:54 AM

[quote]Bloomberg spent 112 million dollars to secure his third term as mayor. Make of that what you will.

As already pointed out, NO HE DID NOT. The city council voted to change it.

and the New Yorker voters still had to vote him in!!

You people are so STUPID you think money forces people to vote. Maybe morons like you.

by Anonymousreply 186February 16, 2020 5:09 AM

Stop calling him a Republican since he is not. he was a republican for approx 4-8 years of his 50-60 year political career,, an Independent for about 4 years, and a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT for the remainder, i.e. the majority of political life

in fact.... Bloomberg is:

1. Pro-Choice

2. Pro-Gay rights

3. Anti-gun (spent MILLIONS of his own $ on gun control)

4. Pro Environment/fighting climate changes (spent MILLIONS of his own $ on climate change)

5. Supportive of other Democrats in other elections

6. Committed to spending more millions on the Democrat nominee for 2020 even if it's not he

so all you assholes screaming that he is a "not a democrat" or he is as "republican"........... sorry but the facts are the facts.

by Anonymousreply 187February 16, 2020 5:10 AM

R186, Um Yeah he did!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188February 16, 2020 5:13 AM

"5. Supportive of other Democrats in other elections"

But what about all the many millions he spent on Republicans elections? Mitch Mconnell, Lindsey Graham amond many many others.

by Anonymousreply 189February 16, 2020 5:14 AM

Bernie on Doomberg tonight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190February 16, 2020 5:15 AM

102 million spent to obtain third mayoral term.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 16, 2020 5:16 AM

". Pro-Gay rights"

He wasn't some early supporter of gay rights. He waited until it became safe to support gay marriage.

by Anonymousreply 192February 16, 2020 5:18 AM

R192, so did Obama. That's what the successful politicians do, take positions that are safe. At least Bloomberg has consistently advocated for strong gun control, even though it still isn't a safe position.

by Anonymousreply 193February 16, 2020 5:34 AM

Bloomberg has enough money that he doesn't have to take safe positions. He was cowardly on gay rights and held the issue up for years.

by Anonymousreply 194February 16, 2020 5:37 AM

Ummmmm if you lived in new York you'd know:

1 the CiTY COUNCIL changed the law

2. New Yorkers STILL HAD TO VOTE FOR HIM MORON!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 16, 2020 5:38 AM

MOreover, R191 apparently is too stupid to read his own article which clearly states the money was for campaigning, not changing the laws.

You reay are a fool.

"To eke out an election victory over the city’s low-key comptroller, Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg spent $102 million of his own fortune — or about $174 per vote — according to data released Friday, making his bid for a third term the most expensive campaign in the city’s history.

Mr. Bloomberg, the wealthiest man in New York City, shattered his own records: He poured $85 million into his campaign in 2005 (or $112 per vote) and $74 million into his first bid for office in 2001 ($99 per vote)."

by Anonymousreply 196February 16, 2020 5:40 AM

r195, They changed the law because he took council members on his private jet to vacation at one of his many homes. Not to mention the 102 MILLION spent to drown out any and all competition..

by Anonymousreply 197February 16, 2020 5:41 AM

r196, I never said the 102 million was to change the laws. It's well documented that he bribed the coucil members though. the 102 million was spent to drown out his competition. Kinda like he's doing in the 2020 Democratic primary.

by Anonymousreply 198February 16, 2020 5:43 AM

People still need to LIKE WHATR HE'S SAYING IN THE ADS.

You can't force people to vote for you.

by Anonymousreply 199February 16, 2020 5:45 AM

r199, He has the best ad agencies in the world working for him. It all goes back to MONEY, dear. He's buying the election.

by Anonymousreply 200February 16, 2020 5:48 AM

[quote][R199], He has the best ad agencies in the world working for him. It all goes back to MONEY, dear. He's buying the election.

only if people are as stupid as you, "dear" and do whatever they hear in a tv ad without actually using their own mind to make a decision.

by Anonymousreply 201February 16, 2020 5:51 AM

r201, Bloomberg is second in national polls because of his ads. He hasn't done anything else. No town halls, no debates, no rallys. all ads.

by Anonymousreply 202February 16, 2020 5:53 AM

[quote][R201], Bloomberg is second in national polls because of his ads. He hasn't done anything else. No town halls, no debates, no rallys. all ads.

Yes, that means people actually like what he says and what he stands for. you think these same people would vote for Trump if he had the same level of advertising?

you really can't be this stupid, can you? c'mon.

by Anonymousreply 203February 16, 2020 5:56 AM

r203, No it means they like his ads that he has spent $355 million dollars so far to place everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 204February 16, 2020 5:59 AM

R202, exactly. It's not only ridiculous, it's actually insulting to the candidates who have put in a lot of hard work in town halls, meet and greets, etc. It's insulting to intelligence because you can clearly see that he's trying to buy the presidency. I can't believe other people are buying this shit.

by Anonymousreply 205February 16, 2020 6:02 AM

[quote] No it means they like his ads

Ok I guess you ARE that stupid.

if they like his ads, that means they like what he is saying in them, ie what he stands for.

by Anonymousreply 206February 16, 2020 6:08 AM

r206, no, they like what his ads deceptively say he stands for. He's a republican that racially profiled black people, his ads don't say that

by Anonymousreply 207February 16, 2020 6:10 AM

The ads don’t say that R207, because Bloomberg is not a Rethug. But, they do mention his past use of racial profiling as mayor and include his apology for the stop-and-frisk policy, admitting that it was an error and that it harmed communities of color.

by Anonymousreply 208February 16, 2020 6:32 AM

The Bernie-hating [bold]retards[/bold] are out tonight, I see.

Is calling you a retard or retarded offensive to you? I mean, per Oxford, that [bold]is[/bold] what ya are:

[quote] to make the development or progress of something slower

So, retards, keep doing you!

by Anonymousreply 209February 16, 2020 6:35 AM

r208, But do they include his remarks in early 2019 where he defended the Stop and Frisk policy and do they let voters know he only changed his mind when he decided to run for president?

no? then it's deceptive.

He's only ever held elected office as a republican and as an independent. His ads should include that too.

by Anonymousreply 210February 16, 2020 6:36 AM

Bloomberg got enough City Council members to agree to change the term limit rule for him by playing hardball with them about their slush funds. He may have courted some of them, but I don't think he had to go overboard with many (flying them here or there) as some are saying above. He had the dirt on them. Politics as usual.

I am thankful he was mayor during the great recession of 2008-9. Just think of what would've happened with a DeBlahBlah or some other useless pol.

by Anonymousreply 211February 16, 2020 7:06 AM

I’m in!

I simply must have Doomberg and Buttitsagig!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 212February 16, 2020 7:45 AM

Nobody outside the borders of New York City knows anything about Bloomberg, so national polls about him are meaningless at this point. He’s purposefully avoiding debates, avoiding speeches, and even avoiding primary elections because he knows he’s not electable on a national level. He’s just trying to pull a big con on the nation and buy his way in.

by Anonymousreply 213February 16, 2020 9:18 AM

R213 He’s in for a very rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 214February 16, 2020 11:00 AM

I lived in NYC during Bloomberg's term. It's true that he did everything he could politically to get things changed so he could run for a third term. But the truth is also, as the poster above stated, that people liked him a lot and wanted him to remain mayor, which is why they voted for him. After 8 years as mayor they knew who he was and approved of him, ads weren't going to change their opinion one way or another.

It was during his third term that people began to tire of him, and when the whole sodagate thing happened it made many people view him as too much of an autocrat. They also began to see the cumulative effects of gentrification and loss of culture and spirit of NYC that resulted from some of his policies.

With all his money he was also on track to lose by a significant margin in the 2001 election, despite all that he spent. It was only 9/11 that changed things and propelled him into office. While it's true that without his money he wouldn't have had the opportunity, people wanted him, voted for him, and he was a very popular mayor especially during his first two terms.

by Anonymousreply 215February 16, 2020 11:37 AM

[quote] He’s purposefully avoiding debates, avoiding speeches, and even avoiding primary elections because he knows he’s not electable on a national level.

1. He’s not “purposefully avoiding debates.” That is simply untrue, though it’s repeated frequently. Because he is self-funding the campaign, Bloomberg doesn’t have individual donors. The DNC had set, as one of the qualifications to be included in the debates, a certain number of individual donors as well as polling at a certain level in a set number of polls. The individual donor requirement has now been lifted, and Bloomberg is set to participate in Wednesday’s debate in Las Vegas. Hardly, “purposefully avoiding debates.”

2. He’s not “avoiding speeches.” That is demonstrably false. He appeared in Nashville earlier this week. A friend of mine and his boyfriend went to the speech undecided about a candidate, and left as Bloomberg supporters. My friend said that was the same with other people who also attended. Then Bloomberg appeared in Houston in the middle of the week. He was in Richmond, Virginia last night at the Democrats’ dinner. So the notion that he’s somehow avoiding public appearances is completely erroneous.

3. He’s on the ballot in all the states starting with Super Tuesday. There’s nothing nefarious about a strategic decision of where to start or where to put resources. Beto was attempting to do a variation of this — unsuccessfully— last year. Rudy tried this in the Repub nomination contest years ago, again without any success.

by Anonymousreply 216February 16, 2020 12:30 PM

While I don't think he is our only hope, I do think he'd be a good POTUS. I think one big benefit we would have with him is that he would be completely unafraid to go after republicans in Congress trying to derail anything and everything he'd want to do. That's a level of bravado that comes from being far richer than anyone in Congress. I think the rest of the dem candidates would be more apt to roll over and display their delicate parts when the GOP started their crap. It's the one fault I had with Pres. Obama. He tried to rise above them and it got him nothing but abuse from them. The GOP is made up of people who have the attitude that you always kick a man when he's at his least defensive. They need someone who will destroy them.

by Anonymousreply 217February 16, 2020 12:37 PM

[quote] Stop calling him a Republican since he is not. he was a republican for approx 4-8 years of his 50-60 year political career,, an Independent for about 4 years, and a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT for the remainder, i.e. the majority of political life

So he’s either an opportunist who changes parties to suit an open position, or he has no loyalty to any party and their agendas.

Either way, not good.

by Anonymousreply 218February 16, 2020 12:56 PM

Why is it necessarily "not good" to have a president who has no strong loyalty to any party and their agendas? Someone who thinks for himself and forms his own beliefs, not forced to by any party?

by Anonymousreply 219February 16, 2020 1:01 PM

R218, either way, he's a successful politician. It's not an honorable profession, you know (or should know by now).

by Anonymousreply 220February 16, 2020 1:02 PM

Really, R218? What's the big deal? New York City is so heavily invested in the Democratic Party, it was brilliant of Bloomberg to switch parties and run as a Republican. No competition. No opposition. It was just sitting there. The Democratic candidate that year was Mark Fucking Green. That should tell you the sorry state of the Democratic party at that moment in history.

The only thing that Bloomberg's move at that time to the Republican party tells us is that he was shrewd.

by Anonymousreply 221February 16, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote] Why is it necessarily "not good" to have a president who has no strong loyalty to any party and their agendas?

Because one of the reasons we vote party lines more than people is because we have some idea as to how they’re going to vote and their agenda.

We know what Dems stand for and against. If someone keeps changing their agenda, how can we not only trust them, but trust they’ll do what our party has historically done?

by Anonymousreply 222February 16, 2020 1:07 PM

I don't trust him, I don't like him at all, but I will vote for him if he's nominated. I am not voting for him in the primary, though.

I don't see why he didn't start running earlier so we wouldn't have wasted time and money, but then I remember what makes him his $.

by Anonymousreply 223February 16, 2020 1:11 PM

I don't trust he won't force in more Conservative justices and judges, given his record.

by Anonymousreply 224February 16, 2020 1:13 PM

[quote] I don't trust he won't force in more Conservative justices and judges, given his record.

You mean his record of spending millions and millions advocating for stricter gun control? Or his record on trying to curtail corporate America's practice of pumping citizens full of ever greater quantities of sugar water? What part of his record screams out to you, "Conservative justices and judges!"

by Anonymousreply 225February 16, 2020 1:25 PM

But that's simply just not true r122. Look at Manchin, a Dem who just said he might support Trump. You say we know what Dems stand for, but look at the Democratic party right now, people within it are so polarized because they actually stand for very different things. How about judging what someone stands for on their own record of what they've stood for, and not based on what party they're affiliated with.

by Anonymousreply 226February 16, 2020 1:33 PM

[quote] If someone keeps changing their agenda, how can we not only trust them, but trust they’ll do what our party has historically done?

But he wasn’t changing his agenda, he changed his party identification for a very specific and shrewd reason. Those are two different things. Other than stop-and-frisk (which had been embraced by Democrats and Republicans), specifically what parts of his agenda did he “keep changing”? Which policies that he has advocated are in keeping with the Repubs? The environment? Gun control? LGBTQ rights? Women’s reproductive rights? Education?

by Anonymousreply 227February 16, 2020 1:44 PM

I get why Bloomberg would be familiar with this website and get his stooges to post all this love for him here. Of course I'm sure there are a few genuine posters who are rich that post there Bloomberg love here too. I'm sure they were thrilled when Bloomberg handed NYC over to only the very rich. But the average poster here can see right though all this Bloomberg bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 228February 16, 2020 3:54 PM

I'm ambivelant about Bloomberg but it's just ridiculous to claim that the only people who support his candidacy are either paid shills or the "very rich".

by Anonymousreply 229February 16, 2020 4:01 PM

[quote] who are rich that post there Bloomberg love here too.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 230February 16, 2020 4:43 PM

R229, Well he has thousands of paid shrills operating all over the internet. It's fair to be suspicious.

by Anonymousreply 231February 16, 2020 5:06 PM

No More Billionaires

by Anonymousreply 232February 16, 2020 7:06 PM

Ditto a billion times R232.

by Anonymousreply 233February 16, 2020 7:34 PM

Amen, R228.

by Anonymousreply 234February 16, 2020 8:58 PM

Bloomy stooge who keeps screaming that everyone else is stupid- please shut the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 235February 16, 2020 9:00 PM

Bloomberg spent 112 million to run for that third term. His opponent Bill Thompson spent 100K and almost beat him. It was really disgusting. That whole Election Day it was reported that MB was so far ahead, landslide, easy victory, etc., so a lot of people didn’t bother to vote because it seemed like a done deal. It was only an hour before the polls closed that it came out that the race was neck and neck. Supposedly MB won by less than a thousand votes. If you spend 111,000,000 more than your opponent and only squeak by with a win, then no- the people really did not want you. I’m not sure he even really won. When you’re a billionaire you can buy anything.

by Anonymousreply 236February 16, 2020 9:23 PM

Stop spouting stupidity if you don't want to get called out on it.

1. no amount of ads or spending can FORCE anyone to vote for you. The FACT is, New Yorkers voted for Bloomberg 3 times!

2. His ads state his policies and stances. As enumerated above, they are all along the lines of most democrats (pro environment, pro choice, pro lgbt, anti- gun).

3. He was a REGISTERED DEMOCRAT for most of his career. so you can call him a "rethug" if you like but it just belies your own ignorance.

4. Stop and Frisk patrolled high crime areas. I'm sure basic probability statistics are above your intelligence level, but high crime areas over index on black and hispanics, ergo, S&F over indexed on those populations.

But yeah, keep attacking the one candidate who actually stands for what the majority of the Democratic party does, and enjoy your lives under Trump for the next 4 years.

it's you---the stupid and under privileged--that will suffer most.

by Anonymousreply 237February 17, 2020 3:38 AM

God love you R237.

by Anonymousreply 238February 17, 2020 6:34 AM

I just love people who have the audacity and suffer from stupidity to such a degree that they think they can actually get away with smearing a progressive Independent as “just like Trump or worse” and in the same shit-smell ridden breath prop up Doomsberg. a Republican friend of Trump’s and a billionaire like him, too; who extended his stay as mayor to a third term; condones the random harassment of blacks and Latinos; considers a minimum wage Communist; considers redlining “rational”; sexually harassed over 40 women; and I can’t even get into the shitload more this fuck is responsible for.

Who the fuck do you think you’re convincing, bitch, yourself?

Keep trying, cause it ain’t workin’ on us or you.

by Anonymousreply 239February 17, 2020 7:02 AM

Every time I listen to Bloomberg he sounds like Leonard Frey.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 240February 17, 2020 7:35 AM

Someone sounds triggered. 😂😂😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 241February 17, 2020 4:35 PM

Bloomberg is our only hope.

by Anonymousreply 242February 18, 2020 7:01 PM

Love this ad!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243February 18, 2020 7:03 PM

This one, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244February 18, 2020 7:04 PM

Very nice ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245February 19, 2020 12:20 AM

Scary ad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246February 19, 2020 12:22 AM

Don't cross the Bernie people. They'll destroy you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247February 19, 2020 12:25 AM

Now is the time for the Bernie supporters to swarm, swarm, for the sake of the country.

by Anonymousreply 248February 19, 2020 12:34 AM

Listen to Pod Save America today. They're so triggered! 😆

by Anonymousreply 249February 19, 2020 1:04 AM

Well... after Bloomberg's piss poor performance at last night's debate, I think we can close this thread.

by Anonymousreply 250February 20, 2020 12:40 PM

Bloomberg looked stunned and flustered the whole time

by Anonymousreply 251February 20, 2020 12:46 PM

Drop out now Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 252February 20, 2020 1:02 PM

Mini Mike

lolz

by Anonymousreply 253February 20, 2020 1:03 PM

Bloomberg is fucking it up for the Dems. He's splitting the moderate vote so that Bernie will keep winning states with just 25-30% of the vote. I don't hate Bernie but he's literally the worst of all the candidates to take on Trump. Bloomberg took a lot of the debate fire last night that should have come at Bernie. Bernie is especially the hardest sell in the swing states that Dems need. So if you want Trump as your prez for 4 years, keep encouraging Bloomberg.

by Anonymousreply 254February 20, 2020 2:11 PM

I never liked him per se, but I didn’t hate the idea of him coming into the race. Until the debate last night. My lord, he’s by far the most horrible person in this race (not counting Tulsi).

by Anonymousreply 255February 20, 2020 2:22 PM

My, my, my.... this thread got AWFULLY QUIET in the last 24 hours!

Tell us again about how Bloomberg is our only hope! Oh, my sides!!

by Anonymousreply 256February 20, 2020 4:45 PM

Bloomberg's campaign manager went n a spin doctor faith healing tour with The Toad on MTP today.

by Anonymousreply 257February 20, 2020 5:30 PM

R250 you are right.

by Anonymousreply 258February 20, 2020 6:40 PM

Bloomberg is our only hope...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 259February 23, 2020 3:32 AM

Thanks Alexei, I mean, OP.

OPovich.

by Anonymousreply 260February 23, 2020 3:36 AM

Алексе́й

by Anonymousreply 261February 23, 2020 7:12 PM

Now that we've all seen the hilarious debate results, read R29 and laugh all over again.

by Anonymousreply 262February 23, 2020 7:17 PM

Will his strategy of ad saturation work? Will his 'stop and frisk' actually play well in certain 'independent' factions that went Trump last time?

We need to win this. Four more years of Dump will be too damaging to the illusion of democracy that our keepers want to maintain. This is the real reason Barr and others on that side of history want him to shut up. They want to continue their malicious takeover in secrecy.

The upshot is that I sleep better at night with a Democrat, no matter how unappealing or recent, knowing that at least some of the principles I value will be upheld.

Chris Hedges is right. We'll be sold what they want us to buy. Those who own the store decide what's on the shelves.

by Anonymousreply 263February 24, 2020 12:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!