Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bezos buys a shack.

Beautiful and well priced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2020 8:20 PM

Yes, and "The Chartwell chateau was familiar to television viewers of the 1960s as the palatial home of the fictional Clampett family in the CBS classic sitcom “The Beverly Hillbillies.”

by Anonymousreply 1February 13, 2020 3:54 AM

Is he adjacent?

by Anonymousreply 2February 13, 2020 3:57 AM

I was reading up on this a bit ago. As of 1992 the house had a service garage, with its own gas pumps. Now that is impressive. I wonder if Geffen kept them in use or had them taken out.

by Anonymousreply 3February 13, 2020 3:58 AM

I wonder how much of a commission the real estate agent made?

Over a million, right?

by Anonymousreply 4February 13, 2020 4:00 AM

The grounds are beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 5February 13, 2020 4:01 AM

Bezaddy.

by Anonymousreply 6February 13, 2020 4:02 AM

Is Bezos gay or bi, who’s had ‘em, and does anyone here think he’s packing?

WHET Lauren Payaso Face Sanchez? 🤡

by Anonymousreply 7February 13, 2020 4:02 AM

r4 I didn't read this article, but the one I did read mentioned that it was a private sale, no realtor involved.

by Anonymousreply 8February 13, 2020 4:02 AM

Makes sense, R8.

When you're talking that kind of money, an RA is not at all necessary.

You can probably just have your lawyers work out the deal.

by Anonymousreply 9February 13, 2020 4:04 AM

I cannot believe that Geffen made over a $100,000,000 in profit!!!

WTF?

He doesn't deserve it, especially since he's such a creep.

by Anonymousreply 10February 13, 2020 4:05 AM

So selling billions of stock, spending all his time in PDA with a hot new piece, going to fashion shows and fabulous celeb events? Ummm, midlife crisis red flags.

Also a sign he is less obsessed with the company - maybe actually realizes there is more to life - shocker. Hopefully the start of the downfall of Amazon. Maybe the HQ2 bombast will be known as the turning point.

by Anonymousreply 11February 13, 2020 4:06 AM

I just wanna know if he’s a good lay.

He has to be. Guys like Bezos are always the best in bed. Always.

by Anonymousreply 12February 13, 2020 4:11 AM

Hello? No pics? Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 13February 13, 2020 4:13 AM

I hate this guy. Exploits Americans. Has very abusive labor policies. Fuck this guy. Jack up his taxes. No one should get rich off exploiting Americans.

by Anonymousreply 14February 13, 2020 4:28 AM

“the palatial home of the fictional Clampett family in the CBS classic sitcom “The Beverly Hillbillies.””

I bet old Uncle Fester Bezos has his Possum and Pig Feet delivered from Whole Foods—and that he eats his vittles while he swims in the cement pond.

by Anonymousreply 15February 13, 2020 4:31 AM

I would like to point out that I — circa 1998– went swanning around Austin, TX in my first year of law school lecturing people about how we needed to support “local boy” Jeff Bezos in his faltering Amazon business.

Where’s my reward, Muster Jeff?!

by Anonymousreply 16February 13, 2020 4:54 AM

The Clampett mansion was in Bel Air, not Beverly Hills (the one used for photography, obviously.)

by Anonymousreply 17February 13, 2020 4:56 AM

R11 I said the same thing. Jeff is definitely having a midlife crisis, LOL. I mean he's at all of these Celebrity events and he's partying at super bowl with people like Lizzo etc.

I guess he's just having fun, but this last year he's been really different from previous years.

Hes kinda coming off as a billionaire lottery winner.

by Anonymousreply 18February 13, 2020 5:42 AM

I think Jeffy was hoping his dick pics would go viral after Lauren gave them to her trashy bro.

by Anonymousreply 19February 13, 2020 6:20 AM

Yahoo needs a fact checker. This is absolutely not the Beverly Hillbillies house. Their house was just purchased by Rupert Murdoch's son. The house Bezos just bought from David Geffen is the Jack Warner estate.

by Anonymousreply 20February 13, 2020 6:26 AM

So why is he still with Lauren if she set him up?

What is wrong with him? He seems really off to me.

All of that $$ has finally gotten to him.

by Anonymousreply 21February 13, 2020 6:27 AM

The article doesn't state that Bezos bought the Beverly Hillbillies's house. Only that that house previously held the record for highest price paid for a Los Angeles area house.

That record is now eclipsed, by this sale (Bezos buying the Jack Warner's house). This is now the highest price paid for a Los Angeles area house.

Oh, and by the way, I'm not a member of the Beverly Hillbillies. I'm a member of the Addams Family, and we don't live in either of those houses, though I wish we did.

by Anonymousreply 22February 13, 2020 7:57 AM

Bezos is ugly and is also a despicable person.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2020 7:58 AM

The house is on Angelo Drive. Whenever Angelo Drive comes up I think of Beverly D'Angelo. I recently discovered that Angelo Drive intersects Chevy Chase Drive.

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2020 8:05 AM

Where's Blair gonna live now?

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2020 8:44 AM

Sharply dressed. I bet if many of you saw him at a hotel bar, you'd make a move.

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2020 11:51 AM

The house needs a major overhaul...as do the 2 fraus guiding the tour

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2020 1:30 PM

[quote] I guess he's just having fun, but this last year he's been really different from previous years.

After having to shell out nearly half his fortune on his useless ex-wife, Jeff probably figured that he might as well spend his money on himself.

Why hand it over to some gold-digging female, when you can just enjoy it yourself?

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2020 3:11 PM

Bezos on Geffen's yacht this past summer with hottie Josh Kushner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2020 3:57 PM

R29 That photo has way to many white people in it. It needs more diversity.

Sick of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2020 4:13 PM

White people rule the world, R30.

That's why it's so fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2020 5:37 PM

These guys are either tone-deaf or simply don't care what people think. His business pays $0 in taxes but he can buy a $165m house? 8 miles from his $165m house there are 50k people living in tents on sidewalks.

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2020 5:48 PM

Why did I not realize that Bezos is of Mexican heritage?

Doesn't Bezos mean kiss?

It's pretty amazing that the richest person in the world, is a Mexican-American kid from Austin.

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2020 5:56 PM

everything in that joint was tacky.

the exterior is nice, and the pool.

the rest belongs in the trash heap.

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2020 6:04 PM

r27, I sincerely hope the house doesn't look anything like that now. That was before Geffen bought it, no?

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2020 6:05 PM

No wonder DUMP hates Bezos.

This Mexican kid is 100x richer than DUMP will ever be.

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2020 6:06 PM

r27 That is the Harry Warner estate, which served as OJ's South Bundy residence in The People vs. OJ.

Bezos purchased the Jack Warner estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2020 6:07 PM

Since when was Bezos Mexican and from Austin? First I've heard of it. So much misinformation in this thread.

He's definitely unleashed now that he dumped his wife (also she did not get half or even nearly half his fortune; she got 25% of his Amazon shares but gave up the voting rights to him, and he is still the richest person in the world even after that).

The new woman seems like she's probably very intelligent and interesting but she looks like such a skank now. She reminds me of Janice Dickenson with the withered look and plastic surgery. She's clearly helping him to do all the things he's wanted to do but couldn't while he was with his wife and children.

It's really amazing how he went from being fairly quiet and not well known to this Hollywood hob-knobber buying ridiculously overpriced mansions. He probably justifies it in his head as something for Amazon Prime Video.

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2020 6:13 PM

R7 Gossip around the leaked nudes suggested Bezos was, indeed, packing.

But the big question is: Will Geffen leave him any of his twinks?

by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2020 6:15 PM

Bezos' last name at birth was Jorgensen.

He took on his stepfather's last name when his mom got remarried. His stepfather is/was Cuban.

But Jeff is NOT Mexican.

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2020 6:16 PM

Even just looking at the few photos in his Wikipedia profile....interesting to see how much work he's had done.

Aside from the getting-big-and-buff business - you can tell he did something to his eyes to make them less squinty, and something to his lips to...well, make him look less like the lipless wonder.

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2020 6:18 PM

Bezos was born Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen on January 12, 1964, in Albuquerque, the son of Jacklyn (Gise) Jorgensen and Ted Jorgensen. At the time of his birth, his mother was a 17-year-old high school student, and his father was a bike shop owner. After Jacklyn divorced Ted, she married Cuban immigrant Miguel "Mike" Bezos in April 1968. Shortly after the wedding, Mike adopted four-year-old Jorgensen, whose surname was then changed to Bezos. The family moved to Houston, Texas, where Mike worked as an engineer for Exxon after he received a degree from the University of New Mexico. Bezos attended River Oaks Elementary School in Houston from fourth to sixth grade.

Bezos' maternal grandfather was Lawrence Preston Gise, a regional director of the U.S. Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) in Albuquerque. Gise retired early to his family's ranch near Cotulla, Texas, where Bezos would spend many summers in his youth. Bezos would later purchase this ranch and expand it from 25,000 acres (10,117 ha) to 300,000 acres (121,406 ha). His maternal grandmother was Mattie Louise Gise (née Strait), through whom he is a cousin of country singer George Strait. Bezos often displayed scientific interests and technological proficiency; he once rigged an electric alarm to keep his younger siblings out of his room.

The family moved to Miami, Florida, where Bezos attended Miami Palmetto High School. While Bezos was in high school, he worked at McDonald's as a short-order line cook during the breakfast shift. He attended the Student Science Training Program at the University of Florida. He was high school valedictorian, a National Merit Scholar, and a Silver Knight Award winner in 1982. In the graduation speech Bezos told the audience he dreamed of the day when the people of earth would colonize space. A local newspaper quoted his intention "to get all people off the Earth and see it turned into a huge national park."

In 1986, he graduated summa cum laude from Princeton University with a 4.2 grade point average and a Bachelor of Science in Engineering in electrical engineering and computer science; he was also a member of Phi Beta Kappa.[25][26] In addition, he was elected to Tau Beta Pi and was the president of the Princeton chapter of the Students for the Exploration and Development of Space.[

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2020 6:18 PM

These two stats blow my mind.

He spent 0.00125% of his wealth on buying that house. Which is the equivalent of someone earning 60k a year spending $75 on a house.

by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2020 6:24 PM

He bought two houses:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44February 15, 2020 4:06 PM

He has to live in it for a year or our contract is null and void!

by Anonymousreply 45February 15, 2020 4:11 PM

I always thought he was Jewish. Never Mexican. But what is his real ethnicity?

by Anonymousreply 46February 15, 2020 5:23 PM

I keep reading "Bezos buys a snack," and then wondering what his favorite snack food is: Haagen-Dazs, some chips, croquembouches from the best bakeries?

He looks like crudites and guacamole.

by Anonymousreply 47February 15, 2020 6:16 PM

^ taco bell since he's Mexican

by Anonymousreply 48February 15, 2020 6:25 PM

He snacks on the broken bones of his overworked sweatshop slaves.

And sips their blood.

by Anonymousreply 49February 15, 2020 6:36 PM

Hes snacking on Lauren Sanchez these days. By the looks of things, she must taste pretty good to him.

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2020 12:51 AM

I thought this said shark.

by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2020 12:55 AM

His girlfriend is so delighted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 17, 2020 1:01 AM

frontline, on PBS, has an expose on Bezos, if you want to hate him more.

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2020 7:59 AM

Fuck Jeff Bezos and fuck people who support him.

by Anonymousreply 54February 19, 2020 8:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!