Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Girls sue to block participation of transgender athletes

The lawsuit centers on two transgender sprinters, Terry Miller and Andraya Yearwood, who have frequently outperformed their cisgender competitors.

The two seniors have combined to win 15 girls state indoor or outdoor championship races since 2017, according to the lawsuit. The three plaintiffs have competed directly against them, almost always losing to Miller and usually behind Yearwood. Mitchell finished third in the 2019 state championship in the girls 55-meter indoor track competition behind Miller and Yearwood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193February 19, 2020 4:04 AM

What is this made-up word "cisgendered?"

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2020 9:48 PM

Good! THEY are the REAL brave ones!

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2020 9:48 PM

Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2020 9:49 PM

So needed.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2020 9:52 PM

Entitled bigots

Next up: Koreans sue to stop Ethiopians from long distance running.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2020 9:54 PM

Can't say I blame them for suing in this particular scenario.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2020 9:54 PM

What took them so long?

If it was born a man, it’s still a fucking man😡

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2020 9:55 PM

The few sports women dominate are in gymnastics and synchronised swimming. Yet trannies aren't interested in those sports mmmm

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2020 9:55 PM

They're showing real courage. I wouldn't be that brave at their age.

by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2020 9:56 PM

The gay community is behind them. Go girls. Those two males need to back to the men's division.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2020 9:57 PM

Funny thing is that the trainees although they will never have the real thing they are metaphorically cunts every sense of the word

by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2020 9:57 PM

Good for these girls

As a pharmacist, I'm telling you that the trans movement's inexplicable rise is due to being funded by big pharma. Hormone therapy is BIG money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. The gays had to fight tooth and nail for every single right they have, but the trans, not really. They piggybacked on the gay and lesbian movement and now they have big pharma helping them

Some conservative state (possibly Montana) tried to pass a law a little while ago to prohibit Dr's from prescribing hormones/surgery to children. It failed. I did not expect that from that state. Of course big pharma was behind it

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2020 9:59 PM

Yeah I tend to agree with them, MTF trans will have more muscle mass than a cisgendered female. It's probably not woke but it's true. Didn't southpark do a bit on this?

by Anonymousreply 13February 12, 2020 10:00 PM

R5 Stupid analogy!

by Anonymousreply 14February 12, 2020 10:00 PM

Next thing you know, they'll tell me I can't enter boxing competitions with other six-year-old-girls!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 12, 2020 10:04 PM

Hurray! I hope they win and the trannies trot back to the men's locker room.

by Anonymousreply 16February 12, 2020 10:10 PM

Men do not belong in women’s sports

by Anonymousreply 17February 12, 2020 10:15 PM

Good. I hope they win. If transgender women want to compete, then let there be a separate transgender competition. Let men, women and transgenders all compete separately. The transgender women are stealing wins from the women, and it's not fair.

by Anonymousreply 18February 12, 2020 10:19 PM

You know, we all have a ball here making fun of Frauen & Karens & Mommybloggers, but right now they’re the ones fighting the good fight against our antagonists.

by Anonymousreply 19February 12, 2020 10:23 PM

Are these 2 trans athletes real trans who've had sexual reassignment surgery, or just 2 drag queens competing as females because they know they can't beat male athletes?

by Anonymousreply 20February 12, 2020 10:29 PM

They refuse to say how far they are in their transition, R20, so there's your answer.

by Anonymousreply 21February 12, 2020 10:41 PM

The bis and trans make gays and lesbians look silly - too late now...

by Anonymousreply 22February 12, 2020 10:48 PM

[quote] They refuse to say how far they are in their transition

In other words, they're just drag queens. Drag queens who should NOT be competing against real females.

by Anonymousreply 23February 13, 2020 12:11 AM

So basically any man can say that he's female and compete in women's athletes?

by Anonymousreply 24February 13, 2020 12:20 AM

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 25February 13, 2020 12:50 AM

I raise my fist in womynly rage against the Trogan Horses of Trans! De-penised penis persons are the estrogened wolves in sheep's clothing who would defile the very temple of sacred womynhood. Recently one was discovered, bewigged, bristled and bristling at a poetry circle reading of Calyx Moonblood's My Pink Wallet Of Love.

THIS is the pre-rapist faux-womyn phallic end of the wedge!!!!

by Anonymousreply 26February 13, 2020 12:55 AM

I'm actually on Nan's side on this one.

by Anonymousreply 27February 13, 2020 1:01 AM

Gay men need to sit this out and watch this drama from the sides

by Anonymousreply 28February 13, 2020 1:05 AM

R18, I agree with you completely.

by Anonymousreply 29February 13, 2020 1:35 AM

R28, I agree with you completely, too.

by Anonymousreply 30February 13, 2020 1:36 AM

[quote]Trogan

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 31February 13, 2020 1:56 AM

The other issue I wonder about is the insistence that transgender women be allowed to use the girls' locker rooms. It's all about them and how uncomfortable they feel being forced to use a boys' locker room. What about the girls feeling forced to share with a trans girl? If I had a daughter and she was uncomfortable being forced to share with a trans girl, I'd be furious. Why is it always about how the trans kids feel? What about the other kids? Do their feelings not count?

by Anonymousreply 32February 13, 2020 2:28 AM

You go girls!

by Anonymousreply 33February 13, 2020 2:29 AM

There's a reason sports are segregated by gender. My sister and I were both track & field athletes in high school and college. My sister is the one who encouraged me to run, and when I started we ran together. When we started competing we stopped training together because I have physical advantages being male (plus, I have disproportionately long legs) and she couldn't keep up.

by Anonymousreply 34February 13, 2020 3:25 AM

Whiny cisgendered basic bitches just need to run faster.

by Anonymousreply 35February 13, 2020 3:37 AM

"In other words, they're just drag queens."

Not at all! Drag queens need to have some wit and style!

Without that, it's just a man in a dress, like these "athletes".

by Anonymousreply 36February 13, 2020 4:18 AM

Still don’t understand the point of these tyranny athletes.

Free college or something?

by Anonymousreply 37February 13, 2020 4:40 AM

Gokd, let the real girls win for once.

by Anonymousreply 38February 13, 2020 4:42 AM

Interesting group, this Alliance for Defending Freedom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 13, 2020 4:45 AM

Yes! Unite ladies and stop these trans freaks once and for all! Go get em! Is there a petition I can sign?

by Anonymousreply 40February 13, 2020 4:51 AM

You know these sore losers who didn’t win could either try harder or stop playing these activities altogether instead of being whiny little complainers who file lawsuits because they are delicate snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 41February 13, 2020 4:57 AM

R41, the male Trannies are the snowflakes - couldn’t win in the male group, so they switched to the female group.

by Anonymousreply 42February 13, 2020 5:08 AM

R12 is correct:

[quote] According to a research report, brought to light by MarketWatch ... the ‘Sex Reassignment’ Market will exceed $968 million by 2024

Big Pharma cheers on castration addiction because it means bigger profits for Big Pharma.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 13, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote]As a pharmacist, I'm telling you that the trans movement's inexplicable rise is due to being funded by big pharma. Hormone therapy is BIG money $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ - . The gays had to fight tooth and nail for every single right they have, but the trans, not really. They piggybacked on the gay and lesbian movement and now they have big pharma helping them

I was always open to this idea, but after watching "The Pharmacist" (which traces how Oxycontin was sold like cigarettes were in their infancy — as nonaddictive), I do think Pharma saw drugs that were used for a niche market and saw a wider application for them.

by Anonymousreply 44February 13, 2020 5:23 AM

This gay man is standing behind the transwomen.

So start F&Fing, rad fems.

by Anonymousreply 45February 13, 2020 5:27 AM

Here's the REAL gal who's beating out all those nasty vagina-born "women"!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 13, 2020 5:28 AM

^ so stunning and brave.

by Anonymousreply 47February 13, 2020 5:30 AM

You can't reasonably justify the strength imbalance here, R45. It's patently unfair.

by Anonymousreply 48February 13, 2020 5:30 AM

Has anyone considered the fact that the trans athletes might just be exceptional athletes and it has nothing to do with the fact that they were born biologically male? The way they are looking at this is that any male put into compete against them has an advantage, when in reality a large percentage of them wouldn’t necessarily be better than the females who train at the sport.

Isn’t title IX about being able to participate in sports, it’s not about who gets to win at sports? Just have girls and boys compete against each other problem solved. They are given the opportunity, if they never work hard enough to actually win that’s on them. After all the first female who finishes the NYC marathon may not be the first person to cross the finish line, but she is still beating out tens of thousands of men to finish before them so it obviously can be done.

by Anonymousreply 49February 13, 2020 5:31 AM

Why are men allowed to participate against women?

by Anonymousreply 50February 13, 2020 5:33 AM

"How is track a sport anyways, "

Oh, dear, R49.

Also, you're full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 51February 13, 2020 5:33 AM

[quote]You can't reasonably justify the strength imbalance here, [R45].

I don't have to.

[quote]It's patently unfair.

So is the fact that Michael Phelps six foot five.

How about we compare the advantages those cis hos have to the general CIS female school population.

by Anonymousreply 52February 13, 2020 5:34 AM

Male-born bodies are stronger, R52. But you know this. The fact that you see no problem in cheating these girls is a little sad on your part.

by Anonymousreply 53February 13, 2020 5:36 AM

DLer mussy moistener Joe Rogan destroys trans athletes' defender in debate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 13, 2020 5:37 AM

[quote]Male-born bodies are stronger, [R52].

Generally, yes. So are those of cisfemale athletes compared to general cisfemales.

[quote]But you know this. The fact that you see no problem in cheating these girls is a little sad on your part.

The cis hos were biter enough to sue. So there's nothing sad about them.

by Anonymousreply 55February 13, 2020 5:38 AM

"The cis hos were biter enough to sue. So there's nothing sad about them."

Sure, Jan R55.

by Anonymousreply 56February 13, 2020 5:40 AM

R55, you're not very bright--I'm saying YOU'RE sad.

by Anonymousreply 57February 13, 2020 5:40 AM

R55:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58February 13, 2020 5:44 AM

[quote]Has anyone considered the fact that the trans athletes might just be exceptional athletes and it has nothing to do with the fact that they were born biologically male?

Except that back when these trans were competing against other males, they were average at best, getting their asses kicked regularly. They were NOT champs. They only became 'exceptional' and started winning when they started competing against bio girls, who cannot compete against the advantages of a male body, even an average one. Even years of hormones cannot significantly erase those advantages. They're permanent. That's why the trans who are forcing themselves into women's competitions are so hellbent on this course - when competing against their own sex, they're nothing. Only on an unfair playing field can they triumph.

by Anonymousreply 59February 13, 2020 5:47 AM

These girls, in particular, are not being denied the opportunity to participate and by all accounts they sound like they are strong contenders, it is just that they aren’t winners and seem bitter about coming in second or third or no place. If this was a lawsuit filed by biological girls who did not get a place on the team because it was taken by a trans athlete than I might actually be sympathetic. But I have not seen anything stating that at all. And a sport like this everyone who wants to should be able to participate it’s not like they can only have so many people on a team like baseball. The problem here is that the trans athletes are winning, if they were not I don’t think there would be any lawsuit at all. These are bitter, vindictive, mean girls who are not getting their way and using lawyers and wealthy parents to fight their battles.

by Anonymousreply 60February 13, 2020 5:48 AM

[quote]Has anyone considered the fact that the trans athletes might just be exceptional athletes and it has nothing to do with the fact that they were born biologically male?

You know, I'm one of those battered old bitches who's been around this dump since the late 1990s.

I've lived through the Prancing Ponies, the splitting of the gossip and politics boards, the actual "sky was so blue that day" thread, Lisa Beamer's cinnamon rolls, Rob and Heidi Beers, when Helen Lawson actually was *fresh*, Red Dragon cheese, arriving in New York with a wheeled suitcase, Famous JonBenets in History, the battle over the Lord of the Rings threads, the arrival of Debbie the EW-reading soccer mom and her friends, the field trips to the Madeleine McCann boards, our dear departed Michfest, Let Me Tell You About Deb Messing, Once Around the Garden, the invention of "eldergay," the fury against "eldergay," the gradual acceptance and pride in "eldergay," the 2008 election wars, the 2016 election wars, the discovery of both Denny Scott Photography and Mrs. Dan Savage's snaps of the Australian Slut Slave, the Truvada Whore Wars, the stunning and brave Caitlyn Jenner, and now the T takeover of LGB spaces, particularly those of lesbians.

And, with all my collective memory, I cannot remember a sentence as jaw-droppingly stupid as that one ever being typed and submitted to the Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 61February 13, 2020 5:49 AM

But do you know anything about the Dyatlov Pass incident, R61?

by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2020 5:52 AM

[quote]These are bitter, vindictive, mean girls who are not getting their way and using lawyers and wealthy parents to fight their battles.

Uh, no R60. They are females forced to compete against males pretending to be females. Their outrage is warranted.

by Anonymousreply 63February 13, 2020 5:53 AM

R60, you're being deliberately obtuse, and you know it.

by Anonymousreply 64February 13, 2020 5:54 AM

"These are bitter, vindictive, mean girls"

I think you just described yourself, R60.

by Anonymousreply 65February 13, 2020 5:55 AM

R12 I’m right there with you on big pharma, but the trans battle has always been part of the gay and lesbian battle for rights, why be divisive and separate them out when we are all fighting for the same things? Especially using your argument, which would only hold water for the last decade or maybe a few years more?

by Anonymousreply 66February 13, 2020 5:56 AM

I'm not going to feel sorry for anyone who has the money to sue over something like this.

by Anonymousreply 67February 13, 2020 5:59 AM

Forest/trees, R67.

by Anonymousreply 68February 13, 2020 6:00 AM

You can tell they're cis though: incredibly petty, convinced any shortcomings are not their fault, and have their parents wrapped around their finger and ready to spend, spend, spend.

And then rad fems tell us gender is a social construct? Please. Ciswomen come out of the front-hole whining, faking tears, and scheming.

by Anonymousreply 69February 13, 2020 6:03 AM

Trans people are not “males pretending to be female” or conversely “females pretending to be male.” Pretend has nothing to do with it. Nobody goes through the hell that trans people have to face every day of their lives because they are pretending R63.

by Anonymousreply 70February 13, 2020 6:04 AM

"You can tell they're cis though: incredibly petty, convinced any shortcomings are not their fault, and have their parents wrapped around their finger and ready to spend, spend, spend."

Hw do you know any of this, O Great Projector R69?

by Anonymousreply 71February 13, 2020 6:05 AM

One gets the impression that that ones defending trans athletes in women's sports don't actually play sports, and have no interest in sports in real life.

But they'll certainly opine about this subject online for woke points.

by Anonymousreply 72February 13, 2020 6:07 AM

[quote]Trans people are not “males pretending to be female” or conversely “females pretending to be male.”

R70 They most certain ARE pretending, adopting the worst socially-inculcated gender stereotypes to replicate a gender they know nothing about. THAT'S pretending.

Oh, and there's that little matter of chromosomes. You know chromosomes, don't you?

by Anonymousreply 73February 13, 2020 6:08 AM

One gets the impression that the ones hating trans athletes in women's sports don't actually play sports, and have no interest in sports in real life.

They just hate transwomen and love when a thread comes up so they can attack them.

by Anonymousreply 74February 13, 2020 6:14 AM

[quote]Oh, and there's that little matter of chromosomes. You know chromosomes, don't you?

Yeah, we know about them. And disagree that they're the primary way in which we define 'male' and 'female'.

by Anonymousreply 75February 13, 2020 6:15 AM

I really feel for trans people because living that life must be incredibly difficult. That said, the trans movement has dramatically overstepped in the last few years and the blowback is brewing. What I find disconcerting about all of this is that women are being pushed aside in favor of trans women, and no, they're not allowed to have an opinion about it and God forbid they don't like it lest they be labelled bigots and cancelled. It's really very misogynistic.

by Anonymousreply 76February 13, 2020 6:15 AM

I just do not get the transphobia and dismissal on DL?

by Anonymousreply 77February 13, 2020 6:15 AM

I hate the rabid anti-trans vibe on DL. BUT, on this topic, I'm afraid I'm with all the conservative eldergays. It's fundamentally unfair to the biological females and hormone blockers etc. do not negate the years of genetic advantages those trans girls and women experienced before they transitioned/affirmed.

by Anonymousreply 78February 13, 2020 6:16 AM

[quote] I just do not get the transphobia and dismissal on DL?

There's been a huge influx of women, many rad fem, onto this previously largely gay male website.

by Anonymousreply 79February 13, 2020 6:16 AM

The trans athlete defenders have painted themselves into a corner because trans=no criticism ever. Can't defend it on facts so they lash out with insults and nonsensical arguments.

by Anonymousreply 80February 13, 2020 6:17 AM

[quote]eah, we know about them. And disagree that they're the primary way in which we define 'male' and 'female'.

Bravo R75! You've perfectly illustrated why the sensible and rational characterise "trans" as nonsense. Biology/chromosomes are the ONLY way to define gender. The rest - appearance, mentality - is based SOLELY on socialisation.

by Anonymousreply 81February 13, 2020 6:27 AM

This is the right wing Christian anti gay homophobic legal organization that these girls as using as their lawyers. Maybe this will change your minds about their virtue of their fight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82February 13, 2020 6:30 AM

If you have a COCK you are NOT a woman

by Anonymousreply 83February 13, 2020 6:33 AM

This is a piece done by the Human Rights Campaign about the Alliance Defending Freedom. Do you still want to stand with these girls who are using this instrument of hate against the gay and lesbian community?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 13, 2020 6:36 AM

High school athletes aren't just competing in a sport they love, they're competing for ATHLETIC SCHOLARSHIPS FOR COLLEGE.

by Anonymousreply 85February 13, 2020 6:44 AM

[quote]This is a piece done by the Human Rights Campaign about the Alliance Defending Freedom.

Darling, the HRC is the same group that claimed an "epidemic" of "fatal anti-transgender violence" in the United States as recently as last November.

To date, the number of transgender people in the U.S. murdered in 2020 is exactly one.

Some of us can reject the assholes at the Alliance Defending Freedom nutjobs and still cast a skeptical eye at our "allies" at groups like the HRC.

by Anonymousreply 86February 13, 2020 6:51 AM

Here’s the Southern Poverty Law Center’s description of ADF as an anti gay organization.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87February 13, 2020 7:01 AM

[quote] Gay men need to sit this out and watch this drama from the sides

You mean how like lesbians sat out the AIDS crisis?

Fuck off, you idiot.

by Anonymousreply 88February 13, 2020 7:03 AM

The CASE is the issue. And the legal moves to halt the continued erasure of women and gay men by the "transgender" menace.

by Anonymousreply 89February 13, 2020 7:15 AM

[quote]This is the right wing Christian anti gay homophobic legal organization that these girls as using as their lawyers.

They're making common cause with them because the left has completely abandoned bio women - including lesbians - to their fate, which is to be totally subjugated by trans ideology. 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. It's as old as the hills. If the left were willing to engage with this issue in any sort of nuanced way, they wouldn't be driven to this. Look at what the Labour Party is trying to do to its female members - force them to say that 2+2=5 or they will be PURGED. How Orwellian. Women have to use whatever means at their disposal to fight back. If it means associating with rabid right-wingers because they're the only ones who'll listen, then that's what it's come to. Think about that.

GLB folk have always argued that affirming GLB rights takes nothing a way from straight people. But the transwomen really ARE seeking to take things away from bio women, and are doing so in the most bullying, male ways possible. Not asking, telling. Forcing. Not listening to concerns. They want, therefore they must have, and fuck women's feelings and their sex-based rights.

by Anonymousreply 90February 13, 2020 7:16 AM

[quote] sore losers … whiny little complainers who file lawsuits because they are delicate SNOWFLAKES

[quote] TRANS athletes might just be EXCEPTIONAL ATHLETES and it has nothing to do with the fact that they were born biologically male

[quote] Just have GIRLS and BOYS compete AGAINST EACH OTHER other - problem solved

[quote] HOW is TRACK a SPORT anyways, declare it an activity and be done with it.

[quote] And a sport like this EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO to should be able to participate it’s not like they can only have so many people on a team like baseball.

[quote] bitter, vindictive, MEAN GIRLS

[quote] TRANS people are not “males pretending to be female” or conversely “females pretending to be male.”

[quote] I just do not get the TRANSPHOBIA and dismissal on DL?

[quote] This is the right-wing Christian anti gay homophobic

[quote] these girls who are using this instrument of HATE against the GAY and LESBIAN community

Attention, this is a Public Service Announcement: There’s a loony Trans-activist Troll let loose all over this thread (R41=R49=r60=r70=r77=r82=r84=r87), writing multiple moronic things like ‘let’s erase sex categories in Track’ and screeching about 'Transphobia'!

The irony is that this pea-brained Trans-activist doesn’t get that if we do erase sex categories in sports - all the Trannies will be bulldozed by better male athletes. Trannies will never even qualify for a final that way - that’s why Trannies themselves are against the removal of sex-separation in sports.

by Anonymousreply 91February 13, 2020 7:45 AM

[quote] After all the first female who finishes the NYC marathon may not be the first person to cross the finish line, but she is still beating out tens of thousands of men to finish before them so it obviously can be done.

Lol, the loony Trans-activist troll @ R49, etc is hilarious - either playing dumb or just plain dumb. The fastest female who finished the 2019 NYC marathon was a pro ATHLETE from abroad - and she was still a QUARTER OF AN HOUR behind the top male. Who cares if she beat "plenty" of 80-year-olds or non-sportsmen. All the top females were waaay behind the top males.

Serena Williams (Number 1 among females at her time) couldn’t beat a male tennis player who was ranked only Number 203 among men. Tells you a lot about biology.

by Anonymousreply 92February 13, 2020 8:13 AM

R90 hit the nail on the head. I understand where the cis female athletes are coming from, but the trans activists will distort their complaint and reduce the rhetoric to make it appear as though they are being victimized. This seems to be the status quo as far as the left's take on social issues is concerned anymore—you are either with them, or you are a hateful trans/homo/fat/phobic racist Nazi. There is absolutely no account for nuance anymore (nor any pause to clarify or engage in a discussion), and it really does a lot of damage to the social consciousness because people (and the world) are extremely complicated.

by Anonymousreply 93February 13, 2020 8:16 AM

There’s a reason why countries cheat by giving women testosterone or even cis-gendered women with naturally occurring high levels of testosterone perform better. It’s an unfair advantage and a hill that trans people should cede. ‘Winning’ a battle to disadvantage cis gendered women, and steal their accolades and scholarships because of their remaining male biological advantages is diabolical and alienating.

by Anonymousreply 94February 13, 2020 8:36 AM

There's no such thing as a "cis" gay male or "cis" gay female" - it's a gibberish word like out of Lewis Carroll's "Jabberwocky". And it's not necessary / superfluous to put "biological" in front of "gay male" - "male" already implies "male biology of our species". A straight female with a surgically inverted vagina is a not a "trans gay male".

Males and females who are "trans" are fantasists who wish they could go back to pre-existence and swap sex categories - but they can't, it's impossible for our species.

by Anonymousreply 95February 13, 2020 8:39 AM

[quote]Pretend has nothing to do with it. Nobody goes through the hell that trans people have to face every day of their lives because they are pretending

No, they are insane.

by Anonymousreply 96February 13, 2020 10:01 AM

[quote]I understand where the cis female athletes are coming from

No you don't. If you did you would not use that made up name to describe REAL women.

by Anonymousreply 97February 13, 2020 10:03 AM

[quote]Yeah, we know about them (chromosomes). And disagree that they're the primary way in which we define 'male' and 'female'.

LOL. Everyone knows the primary way to define male and female is whether you liked to play with dolls or trucks as a kid.

by Anonymousreply 98February 13, 2020 10:07 AM

[quote]You can tell they're cis though: incredibly petty, convinced any shortcomings are not their fault, and have their parents wrapped around their finger and ready to spend, spend, spend.

You can tell trannies aka fake women by the way they bully and perpetually whine about being "victims". How they make tranniness a career (are any NOT "activists"?). Not to mention their freak show appearance---huge feet and hands, deep voices, linebacker shoulders, fright wigs, no curves and scary ugly harsh faces.

by Anonymousreply 99February 13, 2020 10:18 AM

Good on them! If you’ve ever had a penis or Y chromosome, you don’t belong in female sport.

by Anonymousreply 100February 13, 2020 10:23 AM

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 101February 13, 2020 10:32 AM

Here in the UK, we are now pretty much at Peak Trans. Labour leadership hopeful Keir Starmer was asked "How you define a woman?" on the BBC last night, and as far as I can tell, a lot of viewers are completely baffled that that was even considered a question. The GRA is now being discussed outside of far-left circles, and the general public seem to agree that it puts girls and women at risk.

With any luck, the US will not be far behind us and these girls will be vindicated. So, when you see people smearing them as "mini Karens" or whatever the fuck they call them on social media, just remember that these people are going to feel very, very stupid when the backlash starts.

by Anonymousreply 102February 13, 2020 1:15 PM

Oh, yay, I'm allowed post again -- for now -- after being blocked for posting at R5 and R45.

You got me, rad fems. I won't post on this thread again. You run this site now.

But you do not care about free speech. You are not being silenced. You are not a persecuted minority.

Gay men have a right to their spaces and you have taken this one from us.

by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2020 1:24 PM

R88, you're equating the AIDS crisis, where people died in droves, to this?

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote]This gay man is standing behind the transwomen. So start F&Fing, rad fems.

They're not radfems or lesbians, they're just straight ladies. They've said so multiple times, though in recent months have been trying to hide it. Sometimes they pretend to be gay men and are laughably bad at it; they sound like a community production of Boys in the Band.

That's why we're getting comments on a gay board about how gays -- the very people who this board is for -- should shut up. They're straight people trying to fracture our community.

If all they wanted to do was discuss trans issues, they would go to a board specifically for that conversation, they wouldn't hijack a gay board for it. Remember, they didn't even show up until Milo Y. brought his alt-right trolling over here, and this was one of the wedge issues he posted about all the time.

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2020 1:43 PM

I'm not the trans troll and I like to think that I'm an ally to the trans community, but at the same time, I do think it's ridiculous for trans women who are (let's be honest) still biologically male, to be able to compete against biological females in sports.

I know the argument is that the hormone blockers and everything puts trans women and biological women on the same playing field, but I don't buy that. Hormone blockers or not, you can't escape biology as it relates male strength and speed versus female strength and speed.

I support trans rights, but this is a bridge too far. I don't know what the answer is, but they should not be allowed to compete.

by Anonymousreply 106February 13, 2020 1:43 PM

[quote]I don't know what the answer is, but they should not be allowed to compete.

It's an issue that needs to be decided by the various sports organizations, high schools, universities, etc. Maybe they'll do weight classes for sports, who knows, but a bunch of uninformed people online who only care about this issue because they hate trans people aren't the ones to be making these decisions.

by Anonymousreply 107February 13, 2020 1:46 PM

Someone already had an answer, R106: there should be separate teams: trans people can compete against one other, biological girls against one another, etc.

by Anonymousreply 108February 13, 2020 1:47 PM

And girls wouldn't mind barging in to compete against boys in varsity wrestling, showing their tits and labia under lycras? Talking about double standards here, cunts. I only want to see cocks and big round asses only!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109February 13, 2020 1:54 PM

[quote]Someone already had an answer, [R106]: there should be separate teams: trans people can compete against one other, biological girls against one another, etc.

Maybe, but it seems a little too "separate but equal." And this country has a bad history with "separate but equal."

by Anonymousreply 110February 13, 2020 1:57 PM

I, too, support trans rights, but this is a case in the lesson of life that we don't always get everything we want. There are trade offs. There is a sense in the younger generation that they get what they want because everyone is just so darn special. Maybe this is a time where you learn I don't get to do everything that I demand as my due. It sucks, but then again so do a lot of things in life. Most of us don't stomp our feet when we don't get our way.

by Anonymousreply 111February 13, 2020 2:00 PM

[quote]And girls wouldn't mind barging in to compete against boys in varsity wrestling, showing their tits and labia under lycras? Talking about double standards here, cunts

Only a fool would see this as a double standard.

The fundamental basis for separating physical sports competition by men and women reflects biological differences in the sexes. You either believe they should be segregated or you don't. If you do, then trans athletes should not be allowed to compete. If you don't, then physical sports should have one open competition that would be dominated by men with few, if any, women competing in the elite echelons. It has nothing to do with how you identify.

It has nothing to do with: "Maybe, but it seems a little too "separate but equal." And this country has a bad history with "separate but equal." - What a laughable dog whistle to compare the two.

by Anonymousreply 112February 13, 2020 2:02 PM

R102 It's crazy. Lisa Nandy - in the same radio interview - said she was taking the trans pledge about treating transwomen as women in all situations - including in places like women's refuges, and then said Labour lost the last election because it spent time talking about issues the voters didn't care about!

by Anonymousreply 113February 13, 2020 2:03 PM

Here we go - any statement that is counter to the trans ideology MUST be made by rad fems. They presume and attack women when most of these sensible comments about this insane inequity are being made by gay men.

It is truly unbelievable how these trans supporters post the most baseless and indefensible points and, apparently, do not read or consider any of the counter arguments.

You're not going to win anyone over that way and it makes you seem unhinged. This IS a problem that needs to be addressed.

by Anonymousreply 114February 13, 2020 2:03 PM

[QUOTE]Not at all! Drag queens need to have some wit and style!

You haven't seen a drag show recently, have you?

by Anonymousreply 115February 13, 2020 2:03 PM

R110, we're not talking about separation by race.

by Anonymousreply 116February 13, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote]Maybe, but it seems a little too "separate but equal."

You mean like boys competing with boys and girls competing with girls? That kind of "separate but equal"?

Males should not compete with females. Despite their stereotypical female appearance, their emotional manipulation, their chemical and medical mutilation, "trans" remain forever MALES and should therefore be competing against other MALES.

by Anonymousreply 117February 13, 2020 2:05 PM

[quote] Here’s the Southern Poverty Law Center’s description of ADF as an anti gay organization.

The Southern Poverty Law Center has become a hate group itself. Nobody serious respects that organization anymore.

by Anonymousreply 118February 13, 2020 2:13 PM

r92, another great example of how male biology is different from female biology in sports: in 2017, the US women's national soccer team -- adult women who play at a professional level -- lost a match against a group of under-15 boys:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119February 13, 2020 2:18 PM

[quote]You got me, rad fems. I won't post on this thread again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 13, 2020 2:44 PM

If I knew it would be this easy I would have put on a wig, lipstick, fishnet stockings and heels and win some gold medals.

by Anonymousreply 121February 13, 2020 2:50 PM

This is the size and weight difference that a 15 year old boy has against adult women.

And people still want to argue about adults trans people competing with women?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 13, 2020 3:08 PM

I support their lawsuit but did they have to do with the virulently anti-gay Alliance Defending Freedom?

by Anonymousreply 123February 13, 2020 3:23 PM

Why don't the Trannies form their own sports league just for Trannies? At least it's a level playing field.

by Anonymousreply 124February 13, 2020 3:26 PM

The trannies are going to ruin this summers olympics aren’t they ?

by Anonymousreply 125February 13, 2020 3:30 PM

R123: Gays are hated because of guilt by association with this T crap and you know it, just like you know that same homophobia enabled the T’s existence in the first place. You break it, you bought it.

by Anonymousreply 126February 13, 2020 3:39 PM

R42 Someone posted another article here before about a transgender runner who when they competed as a man did mediocre, but after they "came out as transgender" and started competing in ladies' events, they started winning.

by Anonymousreply 127February 13, 2020 3:45 PM

R126 how does that explain these girls using the ADF legal team? The ADF are in court all the time opposing all gay equality.

by Anonymousreply 128February 13, 2020 3:47 PM

I won't defend their choice of legal team. Doesn't take away from the fact that people born biologically male are stronger than biological females and the competition is unfair.

by Anonymousreply 129February 13, 2020 3:51 PM

Agreed R129, but they should have chosen a legal team that doesn't oppose everything about the LGBTQ community.

by Anonymousreply 130February 13, 2020 3:52 PM

That's why I said I won't defend them on that. The lawsuit is a separate matter.

by Anonymousreply 131February 13, 2020 3:54 PM

Allies say gay, R130. Bigots lump us in with self-loathing self-mutilators. The so-called Left has sold us out. The ACLU and the SPLC sold us out to the T years ago.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2020 4:00 PM

I can’t even trust the ASPCA anymore. First they say to spay and neuter your pets, now they’re doing it to human beings!

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2020 4:01 PM

I'd be pissed if I was female and lost a sporting scholarship to a man in braids with fake tits

by Anonymousreply 134February 13, 2020 4:15 PM

Sorry that was harsh. But really, these are tangible things that are being jeopardized for females. It's not like with marriage equality, which affects absolutely no one. They're asking for something more. Trannies should obviously be able to live free from discrimination in public and in housing and employment, but why do they need to compete against female athletes?

by Anonymousreply 135February 13, 2020 4:18 PM

In the end, they won't win this. Even if common sense fails initially, the result will likely reflect a fall off in support and interest in competitive sport that ridiculously distorts a level competitive playing field. Where profit is involved, that impact on the bottom line will speak more than woke. In the end, the trans won't win this one.

by Anonymousreply 136February 13, 2020 4:23 PM

They can’t because if they do, then what’s to stop them from going after gay and lesbian spaces even more than they already have?

by Anonymousreply 137February 13, 2020 4:59 PM

[quote] This gay man is standing behind the TRANSwomen. So start F&Fing

[quote] those CIS HOS

[quote] the general CIS female school population.

[quote] CISfemale athletes compared to general CISfemales.

[quote] The CIS HOS were biter enough to sue.

[quote] You can tell they're CIS though: incredibly PETTY convinced any shortcomings are not their fault

[quote] CISwomen come out of the FRONT-HOLE WHINING, FAKING tears, and SCHEMING.

[quote] the ones HATING TRANS athletes in women's sports don't actually play sports … They just HATE TRANSwomen and LOVE when a thread comes up so they can ATTACK them.

[quote] CHROMOSOMES … DISAGREE that they're the primary way in which we define 'male' and 'female'.

[quote] entitled BIGOTS

[quote] Gay men have a right to their spaces and you have taken this one from US.

Lol, R5/R45 is not a “gay man”. It’s the loony Trans-activist Troll (R5=r45=R52=r55=r67=r69=r74=r75=r79=r103). The Trans-activist Troll keeps pretending to be a “gay man” (and often capitalises “Gay Man” - trademark over-compensation for a lie), but then spews loony BS like “women have PENISES and vags!” (in R5’s posting history).

The hilarious Trans-activist Troll was already exposed on a recent thread. The Troll boasted: “I ONLY care about Gay Men!” - but as soon as it was revealed that the legislation in question was for gays instead of Trannies, the Troll immediately went into hysterical meltdown-mode and no longer gave a heck about gays (a.k.a. ’the legislation needs to be for Trans!’). The Trans-activist Troll only cares about exploiting the LGB platform to get self-serving benefits only for the Trans.

The Trans-activist Troll then migrated to this thread and now keeps obsessively screeching “CIS” this and “CIS” that. The Troll is Trans. No normal “gay guy” goes about screeching about “cis-males” and “cis-females” (notice: not even “cis-gendered” - but “cis-male” (!) i.e. the Troll's extremely wacky delusion that e.g. straight females can biologically 'transition' into gay males, and vice versa). And it’s funny that the Troll calls everyone “cis” except ‘xir-self’. So if you so wackily believe in “cis” BS but don’t even call yourself “cis”, Trans-activist Troll @ R45 - ergo, you’re a secret Tranny.

[quote] There's been a huge influx of women, many rad fem, onto this previously largely gay male website.

There’s been an influx of Ts and castration addicts onto this site, Trans-activist Troll. You're not even using DL much for anything else except to spew your “cis people are petty!!!” diarrhoea. Well, if “cis” are “petty” - wouldn’t that logically make you “petty” too, Trans-activist Troll who pretends to be “cis”? Oh, right, you’re not “cis” and therefore not “petty” - because you're a Tranny :).

by Anonymousreply 138February 13, 2020 5:14 PM

^*R75, not R7. And talking about yourself in the plural form ("we!") is an early sign of self-delusion, Trans-activist Troll.

by Anonymousreply 139February 13, 2020 5:18 PM

[quote]I support their lawsuit but did they have to do with the virulently anti-gay Alliance Defending Freedom?

The ACLU itself is on the side of the trans. I doubt they had many options. Like I said before, this common cause is being made because they can't find much tangible support elsewhere. It's distasteful to say the least, but it just goes to show how wokeness is being valued over the biological reality of women's lives in so many quarters.

by Anonymousreply 140February 13, 2020 5:21 PM

Maybe this one goes all the way to the Supreme Court and will settle the law for good. But, man, the hysteria on the way there. What a circus it will be.

by Anonymousreply 141February 13, 2020 5:32 PM

I was heartbroken to see on Facebook that The Trevor Project, an organization that has been advocating for gay youth since the 80s, celebrated the failure of the SD bill aimed at protecting children from the trans lobby.

by Anonymousreply 142February 13, 2020 5:32 PM

That Rogan clip was illuminating. I guess I'll listen to more of his podcast. Why do podcasts need the visual, though? Why isn't it only audio? I don't need to see guys in headphones.

by Anonymousreply 143February 13, 2020 5:46 PM

r143, Rogan's show is available as a podcast; in fact, his is the #1 podcast in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 144February 13, 2020 7:12 PM

The tranny trolls always come out showing their misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 145February 13, 2020 8:29 PM

Yes this will ruin the 2020 Summer Olympics.....it has already begun.

by Anonymousreply 146February 13, 2020 9:31 PM

[quote] I was heartbroken to see on Facebook that The Trevor Project, an organization that has been advocating for gay youth since the 80s, celebrated the failure of the SD bill aimed at protecting children from the trans lobby.

Then they are sellouts who need to be shut down.

by Anonymousreply 147February 13, 2020 10:37 PM

I've seen this story posted elsewhere and a shocking number of people have suggested "abolishing gender categories in sports altogether!"

by Anonymousreply 148February 14, 2020 11:36 PM

At this rate, the only sport Americans will be competitive in is the pie eating contest.

by Anonymousreply 149February 14, 2020 11:38 PM

Did they have lots of other offers, R123? I suspect not.

by Anonymousreply 150February 16, 2020 8:22 PM

The ACLU is busy defending the T, R130. They had few offers.

by Anonymousreply 151February 16, 2020 8:23 PM

Fake tits are not required, R134, just a professed feeling.

by Anonymousreply 152February 16, 2020 8:27 PM

Comment from the article:

“If trans women are truly women, why not let them step aside for others and feel better about themselves?

by Anonymousreply 153February 16, 2020 8:41 PM

[quote] You know, we all have a ball here making fun of Frauen & Karens & Mommybloggers, but right now they’re the ones fighting the good fight against our antagonists.

Of course. You're cowards.

by Anonymousreply 154February 16, 2020 8:51 PM

[quote] Gays are hated because of guilt by association with this T crap and you know it,

No, honey. They hate you anyway. Selling out your own is not going to earn you respect from straight allies.. Women are fighting their fight for themselves and they are not concerned with gay men and don't think for a second they are doing it for you.

by Anonymousreply 155February 16, 2020 9:03 PM

Even the commenters at Jezebel - the wokest of SJW blogs - are mostly siding with the girls in this case.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156February 16, 2020 9:55 PM

Jezebel's handmaiden mods will cast the heretics out. That site has been a Transtapo shitshow for years.

by Anonymousreply 157February 17, 2020 2:52 AM

Oh look! Another thread where the obsessive compulsive attention-seeking OP is greyed-out.

And now let's make her invisible...

by Anonymousreply 158February 17, 2020 2:56 AM

[quote]Selling out your own is not going to earn you respect from straight allies.

The str8 "allies" are the ones who sold us out with this shit.

by Anonymousreply 159February 17, 2020 4:05 AM

Your allies are right-wing trumpcunts. You must be so proud.

by Anonymousreply 160February 17, 2020 4:27 AM

R160 You have religious zealots and murdering homophobes in Iran on your side. See how that works?

by Anonymousreply 161February 17, 2020 4:55 AM

Iran? Who gives a fuck about what people think in Iran?

Meanwhile, back here in America where we actually are, you're a trumpcunt with trumpcunt allies. How lovely for you, you must be enjoying this presidency and its views on women like you.

by Anonymousreply 162February 17, 2020 5:03 AM

R162 Wrong on every count, pal. Gay hating parents can now decide they have a 'straight' daughter instead of a gay son and be praised for it. It's the same kind of religiously motivated bullcrap. There's articles on the U.S. Evangelical community embracing transgenderism. Find them for yourself if you want to know. Asshole

by Anonymousreply 163February 17, 2020 5:08 AM

I'm not blaming trans people for transitioning becoming a fad with the rise of the internet, but... That's how I see it. Without tumblr... I'm not sure we'd be having this conversation.

by Anonymousreply 164February 17, 2020 5:14 AM

I've read all your silly justifications and rationalizaions for your trumpcunting and trumpcunt allies before.

You are a trumpcunt and those who support your transphobic laws and punishments for transgender people are the trumpcunts. You, Bill Barr, Mike Pompeo, Mike Pence, Kellyann Conway, Don Jr and Eric, Judge Janean, Coulter, Hannity, O'Reilley, Limbaugh, Tucker Carlson, Glenn Beck, every right wing bigoted cunt in the country - every redneck rube who thinks you lesbians just need a good hard dick, they are all right there with you, wallowing in irrational hatred of transgender American citizens.

Yay you! Your parents must be bursting with trumpcunt pride.

by Anonymousreply 165February 17, 2020 5:17 AM

[quote] You can tell they're "trans" post secondary students though: incredibly petty, convinced any shortcomings are not their fault, and have their parents wrapped around their finger and ready to spend, spend, spend.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 166February 17, 2020 5:18 AM

R165 Har Har. Bad troll. Back under the bridge with ye

by Anonymousreply 167February 17, 2020 5:18 AM

[quote] right-wing trumpcunts

[quote] Meanwhile, back here in America where we actually are, you're a trumpcunt

[quote] your trumpcunting

R158=R160=R162=R165 = trigerred, self-hating Trans-activist who agrees with Republicans that “a homosexual can become a heterosexual”. Apparently, self-“conversion therapy” works, folks!

It’s ironic how so many Tranny Republicans like billionaire “Jennifer” Pritzker (who donated fat-ass checks $$$ to the GOP and even to Trump), millionaire Bruce “Caitlyn” Jenner, RNC delegate “Jennifer” Williams, Gen Z celeb “Blaire” White, etc all loved supporting the Republicans for a looong time and helped fund Trump into power.

[quote] Meanwhile, back here in America where we actually are

[quote] irrational hatred of transgender American citizens.

Typical navel-gazing, near-sighted Trans-activist hick who thinks the sun rises in Florida and sets in Hawaii. The sport issue concerns selection for INTERNATIONAL junior championships, dimwit.

[quote] Iran? Who gives a fuck about what people think in Iran?

So funny how the Trans-activist whines about any ‘inconvenient-truth’ mention of Iran (international tranny surgery capital of the world) on this thread - and then freely rants ‘xirself’ about the dangers of “anti-science” and “Muhammed bin Sawbones!” on other threads. The Trans-activist's cognitive dissonance is hilarious. Guess what, loony Trans-activist, straight females demanding to be called "gay males" and vice versa is also "anti-science", originating from the castration practices of the likes of your fave "Muhammad bin Sawbones".

by Anonymousreply 168February 17, 2020 7:05 AM

Good for them to fight for their rights, trannies need to realize they are free to compete against what they used to be(male) or what they are (trans) but never against what they will NEVER be (female)

by Anonymousreply 169February 17, 2020 8:19 AM

I’m always amazed by people who posit the All TransWomen are women. Last time I checked, if you have a dick and you’re attracted to people with dicks, you’re a gay male. Even if you feel like a straight woman.

Men will eventually infiltrate women's sport completely if this isn’t stopped soon. And then, instead of a men’s basketball team and a women’s basketball team, there’ll be a great men’s basketball team and a good men’s basketball team.

by Anonymousreply 170February 17, 2020 10:29 AM

Labour politician Dawn Butler actually announced on Good Morning Britain today that babies are born without a sex. Just... WTF? This isn't some tumblrina who's too young to know better - this is a fifty-year-old woman who is Shadow Secretary of State for Women and Equalities. The left has turned into a laughing stock, and the likes of BoJo and Trump are reaping the benefits. I'm also furious to see people on social media say this proves "LGBT is out of touch with reality": the first three letters have absolutely nothing to do with this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171February 17, 2020 9:55 PM

Yep, the T-etc are dragging us down into the cesspool and we will bear the brunt of the backlash once society realises a good segment of the population has been sterilised and mutated for no good reason.

by Anonymousreply 172February 18, 2020 12:53 AM

[quote]Even if you feel like a straight woman.

What does it even mean to 'feel' like a woman? Being a man or woman is rooted in the body you were born into, in biological fact, not 'feelings'. There's no reason in the world why the girls playing these sports, or the women who need a domestic violence shelter, or even just women in the gym locker room should be forced to give way because of the 'feelings' of mentally ill men.

A while ago someone here said that in the future we'll look back on all this in horror, because by that time they'll just give anyone exhibiting signs of being trans a pill to correct whatever is misfiring in the brain chemistry, the same as they do now with any number of other mental illnesses. And I think that's true. There won't be anymore bodily mutilation, and people will be stunned that we ever let anyone with a dick invade the spaces of women at their most vulnerable.

by Anonymousreply 173February 18, 2020 1:53 AM

A child is born without sex? What kind of fucking lunacy is that? Gender sure, but sex? When did the denial of biological reality become so mainstream and acceptable ?

by Anonymousreply 174February 18, 2020 6:11 AM

[quote] Gender sure, but sex?

Human gender = human sex. The only reason why silly English-speakers started using “gender” instead of “sex” is because in the past people were very prim and nobody wanted to say or write the word “sex” out-loud in polite society. (Because the word “sex” also meant “the act of fucking” and could make people blush in the past.) So instead of the word “sex” English-speakers started using “gender” as a [italic]euphemism[/italic] for “sex”.

And now English-speakers have become even sillier and more confused and suddenly think these are words with totally different connotations, but they’re not. For humans, gender = sex. They’re synonyms. And that’s the rule for most languages similar to English.

by Anonymousreply 175February 18, 2020 8:13 AM

R175, some of us believe that "gender" is a social construct created to oppress women and gay/gender-nonconforming men, and that its complete abolition would afford the most freedom and happiness to the most people, male and female.

by Anonymousreply 176February 18, 2020 12:41 PM

And would surely seem to breathe freedom and peace, and to make one forget the world and its sad turmoils.

by Anonymousreply 177February 18, 2020 1:35 PM

Gender, if you must, is what you make of it. Sex is immutable. Sorry, it just is. You can rename any absolute, it doesn't change its nature.

by Anonymousreply 178February 18, 2020 1:37 PM

[quote][R175], some of us believe that "gender" is a social construct created to oppress women and gay/gender-nonconforming men, and that its complete abolition would afford the most freedom and happiness to the most people, male and female.

Whatever, babe. Cocks and balls in the battered women's shelters or the high school locker rooms or the waxing salons isn't affording biological women much freedom or happiness.

by Anonymousreply 179February 18, 2020 1:48 PM

Typical white racists

by Anonymousreply 180February 18, 2020 2:34 PM

[quote] some of us believe that "gender" is a social construct created to oppress women and gay/gender-nonconforming men

But that's "gender ROLES", not "gender", R176. "Gender roles" = exact same thing as "the ROLES of the 2 SEXES". Roles / rights / obligations / duties - all that can change every century. But "gender" was always meant to be SIMPLY a polite-society euphemism for "sex" (so that one can shout it out-loud and not have people blush with embarrassment, thinking one meant "the act of screwing"). But English-speakers now got these simple synonymous words all mixed up (thinking "gender" is some kind of bizarre 'metaphysical transient state') - and are trying to spread & promote this confusion to the rest of the world.

by Anonymousreply 181February 18, 2020 3:04 PM

"Whatever, babe. Cocks and balls in the battered women's shelters or the high school locker rooms or the waxing salons isn't affording biological women much freedom or happiness."

You missed my whole point. I totally agree with this statement, because sex-- not "gender"-- is what matters in these situations.

by Anonymousreply 182February 18, 2020 4:14 PM

[quote]Typical white racists

Most of the girls these two have run against are black, including one of the girls suing but ok.

by Anonymousreply 183February 18, 2020 4:16 PM

I agree with the above posts that we've separated the terms sex and gender needlessly. It is just that when you say 'sex role' it means something vastly different.

But in the end - it's the same shit.

by Anonymousreply 184February 18, 2020 4:22 PM

Sex is science.

Gender is who wore it best?

by Anonymousreply 185February 18, 2020 4:23 PM

I've stopped using the word "gender" unless I'm discussing languages like French or Spanish. I even cross the word out on medical forms and write in "sex."

by Anonymousreply 186February 18, 2020 4:37 PM

[quote] Iran? Who gives a fuck about what people think in Iran?

I care about what happens to gay men and lesbians everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 187February 18, 2020 5:03 PM

These cis girls are doing right thing. Trans women should never be allowed to compete with Cis women as trans-women has lot of Physical advantage.

Trans women have a very high bone density than cis women . It is medically proven fact. Cis women should not be bullied or silenced

I have no hatred against trans women but they should their own category of sports. Competing with Cis women is really unfair

by Anonymousreply 188February 18, 2020 7:28 PM

These cis girls are doing right thing. Trans women should never be allowed to compete with Cis women as trans-women has lot of Physical advantage.

Trans women have a very high bone density than cis women . It is medically proven fact. Cis women should not be bullied or silenced

I have no hatred against trans women but they should their own category of sports. Competing with Cis women is really unfair

by Anonymousreply 189February 18, 2020 7:28 PM

R189 or make them compete against men, or it that considered unfair because trannjes take hormones and develop side effects?? The hypocrisy lol since trannies do Not have to deal with menstruation during competition and have a huge body size advantage.

by Anonymousreply 190February 18, 2020 8:52 PM

Siri, what's the definition of white privilege?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191February 18, 2020 10:17 PM

That's not "white privilege," r191/Kit, which is a bullshit theory anyway. It's not even a first-world problem. It's just plain old narcissism.

by Anonymousreply 192February 18, 2020 10:59 PM

The utterly ridiculous and singularly unattractive entity in R191's video can walk into any salon in the world and get whatever haircut he/she/they want if he/she/they have the money to pay for it. He/she/they could also go to a stylist-in-training and get whatever coiffure they want for a reduced fee or even free of charge and I guarantee you NOBODY WILL FUCKING CARE about their terribly unique set of personal delusions aka 'gender identity'. Nonsense like this makes me hope for a giant asteroid that will remove our species from the face of the earth.

by Anonymousreply 193February 19, 2020 4:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!