Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL's favorite gay therapist tells you why you should be needy

In a world where we learn both emotional needs and queerness are wrong, trying to find a nondefensive but strong voice to use for ourselves can seem impossible. Watch my new video, “Why Gays Should Be Needy,” to see not only how but why we should speak up when are needs are going unmet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2020 7:06 PM

He talks a lot.

by Anonymousreply 1February 12, 2020 1:06 AM

OP, you NEED to stop using anti-gay hate speech such as q—-r to refer to gay people.

by Anonymousreply 2February 12, 2020 1:08 AM

And needy people are more likely to need therapy, what a coincidence

by Anonymousreply 3February 12, 2020 1:10 AM

I need Jiffy Pop hair.

by Anonymousreply 4February 12, 2020 1:12 AM

Yeah--when you look like that, it's easy to be needy and demanding. If you don't, gay guys will write you off if you ask for or expect anything.

by Anonymousreply 5February 12, 2020 1:15 AM

Being needing is an entirely different thing than letting, say, a partner know that your needs are not being met. He's a fucking imbecile.

by Anonymousreply 6February 12, 2020 1:15 AM

I wonder what would happen if I tell him that I need him and his WeHo Instacrew to include me in a one of their famous group photos. I'm black, short and bald.

by Anonymousreply 7February 12, 2020 1:20 AM

He needs to shut up and present hole.

by Anonymousreply 8February 12, 2020 1:26 AM

Dusty did it best:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 12, 2020 1:47 AM

I [bold]need[/bold] this vapid queen to stop posting YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 10February 12, 2020 1:57 AM

I guess this is what Barbra was talking about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11February 12, 2020 2:23 AM

Not...as bad as usual. But I need for you to not call me "queer," Matthew.

by Anonymousreply 12February 12, 2020 2:32 AM

I feel needy

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2020 12:39 AM

He is right that people need more clarity about what they want in their lives, and in their relationships, and be more honest about it.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2020 12:58 AM

I hope he gets aids. Not HIV. Full blown AIDS

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2020 1:04 AM

Why, r15? Why would you wish that on someone, you evil fuck?

by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2020 1:06 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 17February 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Should I post this dumb bitch’s nudes again??

by Anonymousreply 18February 18, 2020 12:14 PM

Yes, r18. The dongful ones, in particular.

by Anonymousreply 19February 18, 2020 12:21 PM

No—that’s not cool. It’s sufficient to discuss the post and how we all need to be needy af

by Anonymousreply 20February 18, 2020 12:22 PM

Another life coach/real estate salesperson.

by Anonymousreply 21February 18, 2020 12:33 PM

"Queer" is a great word and you tiresome old queens need to lay off your griping about it. "Gay" works well for white male middle class political centrists, but the world of same-sex desire is much, much, bigger than those "gay" men will ever admit, acknowledge or accept. Which you prove every time you bellyache about the far more inclusive word "queer."

I'm a white male middle class eldgergay, but it's the gay men with their minds closed and lips permanently pursed that make me grateful for the word "queer." I embrace it without reservation because I don't want to smother under their judgemental gaze. Their misguided campaign agains the word "queer" is doomed to fail, yet they do not stop. Fools.

by Anonymousreply 22February 18, 2020 12:50 PM

The "far more inclusive word 'queer'" does not include me, r22.

If you include your address, though, I can mail you a nice tire iron. You can beat yourself off with it, then beat yourself up with it, queerie dearie.

by Anonymousreply 23February 18, 2020 12:56 PM

And, on cue, R23 proves my point once again.

by Anonymousreply 24February 18, 2020 12:58 PM

I proved nothing of your "point," r24.

by Anonymousreply 25February 18, 2020 1:28 PM

Is that hair real?

by Anonymousreply 26February 18, 2020 1:40 PM

I think the word he's looking for is "vulnerable," not needy.

by Anonymousreply 27February 18, 2020 2:05 PM

"Vulnerable" is a good word. But "needy" is better suited to WeHo and environs.

by Anonymousreply 28February 18, 2020 2:16 PM

I need a man, what can I do? Didn't want to sound desperate though.

by Anonymousreply 29February 18, 2020 2:23 PM

What's the difference between having needs and being needy? Seems like everyone has needs, right?

I feel like 'needy' is a dismissive term that people who don't want to commit or treat their partners properly use to make someone else feel like they are at fault.

There are a small percentage of people that have real issues and perhaps unrealistic expectations from their partner. That's a separate thing.

I don't know if the guy in the video is with the right guy - the other guy caved in, but it doesn't seem it was what he wanted. I would keep one eye open on the guy he's dating. It's not going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 30February 18, 2020 2:37 PM

"Queer" allows dullards like R22 to think being a homosexual is special and unique.

It's not. You suck dick. You're "a white male middle class eldgergay" as you accurately state.

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 31February 18, 2020 4:32 PM

He sounds like a guy possessed by a woman.

by Anonymousreply 32February 18, 2020 5:08 PM

[quote] I hope he gets aids. Not HIV. Full blown AIDS

Not only that, but I hope he gets AIDS from Danny Pintauro. That's worse than regular AIDS.

by Anonymousreply 33February 18, 2020 5:09 PM

I actually don't want him to die in a fire for once.

He could still go away, though.

by Anonymousreply 34February 18, 2020 5:15 PM

Why these aging circuit queens like him and the late Bob Bergeron think that making a segue into being a life coach and/or therapist is a good idea just baffles me. I can thin k of few types of people more ill-prepared to tell other people how to live their lives.

by Anonymousreply 35February 18, 2020 5:25 PM

He's hilarious in his videos because he talks about HIMSELF non-stop. That's not what a good life coach or therapist should do.

by Anonymousreply 36February 18, 2020 5:26 PM

R30, when I was in shrink school in the 1990s, it was already becoming clear that people who were assertive about their needs were often considered the problem, even though their requests for time, attention, appropriate behavior, etc., were often legitimate. The term codependency came up far too often to describe people who were only trying to assert themselves as people worthy of consideration and respectful treatment.

I think the problem has only worsened. Now we've taken the approach that people can't change/won't change, so there's nothing you can do about it. This makes people even more entrenched in their bad behavior as it becomes normalized. The most active arenas of shrinking these days are treating damaged goods and trauma, not improving human relationships.

But I cannot take poofy hair capped teeth seriously. I simply cannot. He clearly markets himself to the worried well (and white).

by Anonymousreply 37February 18, 2020 6:10 PM

[quote] Now we've taken the approach that people can't change/won't change, so there's nothing you can do about it. This makes people even more entrenched in their bad behavior as it becomes normalized. The most active arenas of shrinking these days are treating damaged goods and trauma, not improving human relationships.

You can't force people to change. You can't force addicts to get, and stay, clean / sober. You can't force a romantic partner to stay in a relationship, because you can't let go. You can't force a romantic partner to change, because you think then he or she is an even better fit that way.

We really do need to get away from this silly notion that (brute) force is needed to make good things FOR US happen and believe it's best for others, too.

Life isn't about getting it right at the first try. We go through relationships to get more clarity about what we want with each new so-called failure. Ideally, you go from any guy will do to a more and more specific type of guy by "learning from your past mistakes" and having a better understanding of what you look for in your ideal mate. Unfortunately some guys don't learn and are trapped in a loop to learn the same lesson over and over gain (for example, a guy who isn't mean and physically violent) believing that they don't deserve better.

Every single moment in our lives is about learning, and receiving more and more clarity, from our experiences which direction we would prefer to go. And that includes relationships. It's only natural that most, if not all, relationships have their expiration date. And that's ok, because it gives us the opportunity to experience a greater understanding about ourselves and it leads to more fruitful relationships and experiences.

by Anonymousreply 38February 18, 2020 6:43 PM

Matthew’s affected.

by Anonymousreply 39February 19, 2020 9:33 AM

Matthew’s awfully pretentious to assume gay men want to be called queer.

by Anonymousreply 40February 19, 2020 9:37 AM

I wonder what his WeHo Insta Squad thinks. Are they needy enough?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 19, 2020 12:21 PM

Well, R40... gay men don't always object to the word. But some do. And they are almost always white, middle-class, male, and stuck in their white, middle-class, male, little world.

by Anonymousreply 42February 19, 2020 12:46 PM

lunch for r42

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 19, 2020 1:16 PM

I don't. I hated being called it by bullies in school and I hate it even more now. It's hate speech, and hate speech is incitement to violence.

by Anonymousreply 44February 19, 2020 6:39 PM

Ugh - stop hijacking threads with your semantics war. Write a letter to Dempsey—he’s the one who used the word queer. You are virtue signaling at the wall. Run your personal agenda elsewhere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 19, 2020 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!