Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OMG and gurl, puh - LAIZE! - Germaine Greer has spoken!

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93February 22, 2020 4:34 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 11, 2020 10:37 AM

She says deliberately provocative things to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 2February 11, 2020 10:39 AM

I caught that. It was pretty brutal. She predicted before the wedding that Meghan would bolt. And she also predicted any of their solo ventures will be a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 3February 11, 2020 10:39 AM

even back in May '18 she was on TV saying Meghan would run >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 11, 2020 10:40 AM

The whole Ginger Megs pairing has been a crock and ruse from the git go. Both in it for their own agenda, both soon to be out of it because the agenda has hit a dead end. Greer is not prescient, but simply an astute observer. As are most of us.

by Anonymousreply 5February 11, 2020 10:43 AM

She’s old, ugly, and hasn’t been relevant for 50 years.

by Anonymousreply 6February 11, 2020 10:43 AM

But she's right, R6.

by Anonymousreply 7February 11, 2020 10:45 AM

only a short soundbite from the interview seems to be online >

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 11, 2020 10:46 AM

Germaine Greer is the one woman DL hates more than Meghan Markle.

by Anonymousreply 9February 11, 2020 10:46 AM

[quote]Germaine Greer is the one woman DL hates more than Meghan Markle.

I didn't know this.

LOL (sort of)

by Anonymousreply 10February 11, 2020 10:49 AM

I doubt Markle bothers to fake anything intimate with this current secured bag, just lies there whilst the little spoilt ginger Nazi huffs and puffs on top until...."Huzzah!" then rolls off. As regards to La Greer, she's right this time, as mentioned above.

Markle will start faking it with her next target, though.

by Anonymousreply 11February 11, 2020 10:51 AM

I don't agree with her that they'll become irrelevant and fade.

I think they have too much fame power and that people will always be interested, as long as they're together.

by Anonymousreply 12February 11, 2020 10:54 AM

They are both so uninteresting and they create nothing of value to society. The drama that continuously surrounds them is the only thing that keeps people hooked.

by Anonymousreply 13February 11, 2020 11:02 AM

R13-dead right. There's really nothing inherently interesting about either of them. He's a spoiled, dim prince, who's hidden by the PR facade created by others. She a So. Cal. status-obsessed basic girl who went on to become a cable actress and did "humanitarian work" as a way to elevate her woke profile with rich men. If neither of these two were linked with the BRF we wouldn't really care. She'd be Jameela Jamil and he'd be someone like Rafferty Law.

by Anonymousreply 14February 11, 2020 11:07 AM

'The whole point about showbiz - it's not real, and it won't sustain you.'

Maybe for some.

I seem to be doing okay.

by Anonymousreply 15February 11, 2020 11:09 AM

R13 is exactly right. Their various dramas are the ONLY interesting thing about them. Think about if they weren't 'famous', and you had to listen to the pair of them whine.

Nauseating, right?

by Anonymousreply 16February 11, 2020 11:09 AM

[quote]Think about if they weren't 'famous', and you had to listen to the pair of them whine.

you've got a point.

by Anonymousreply 17February 11, 2020 11:11 AM

While I agree with her 100%, I’m giving Greer the side-eye. I thought she was a serious woman. Right now, she’s reminding me of Piers Morgan and Camille Paglia.

by Anonymousreply 18February 11, 2020 11:23 AM

What happens if they divorce in a few years? OK for her, like most women she'll get custody of the kid and a big payout... But what will his role be as a single man?

by Anonymousreply 19February 11, 2020 11:25 AM

[quote]While I agree with her 100%, I’m giving Greer the side-eye. I thought she was a serious woman

For some reason this story seems to have captured her imagination.

Just because it's "clickbait" doesn't mean that it doesn't also has a depth and works as an illustration of our times.

by Anonymousreply 20February 11, 2020 11:27 AM

sorry...HAVE a depth.

by Anonymousreply 21February 11, 2020 11:27 AM

[quote]What happens if they divorce in a few years? OK for her, like most women she'll get custody of the kid and a big payout... But what will his role be as a single man?

He'll replace her pretty quick - the way most men do.

by Anonymousreply 22February 11, 2020 11:29 AM

[quote] Germaine Greer is the one woman DL hates more than Meghan Markle.

You forgot me!

by Anonymousreply 23February 11, 2020 11:31 AM

I knew I liked Germaine Greer

by Anonymousreply 24February 11, 2020 11:32 AM

Everyone knows — except those on the diversity bandwagon — that he would have been far happier and more grounded marrying a quiet sensible English county girl. An ambitious divorced American actress? FFS. It’s a script for disaster. That may happen the second time around.

by Anonymousreply 25February 11, 2020 11:36 AM

I always vale the judgement of noted attention-seeker, Germaine Greer.

by Anonymousreply 26February 11, 2020 11:37 AM

[quote]An ambitious divorced American actress? FFS. It’s a script for disaster. That may happen the second time around.

Think how many rich and famous British guys go for American women...nearly all The Beatles and Rolling Stones for starters.

As a Brit, I can understand why.

by Anonymousreply 27February 11, 2020 11:39 AM

[quote]I always vale the judgement of noted attention-seeker, Germaine Greer.

She seems to be quite passionate about this story.

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2020 11:41 AM

Value, not vale! Value!

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2020 11:46 AM

But can she really bolt? If she left him, she would be the most hated woman in the world, there would be no end to the hatred that would be thrown at her. She might as well die.

by Anonymousreply 30February 11, 2020 11:48 AM

R30-She'd pretty much be the Yoko Ono of the Royal Family. As Greer said, Meghan reaaaaaaalllllly better love Harry. If not, she's fucked.

by Anonymousreply 31February 11, 2020 12:35 PM

She's a piece of work, people like her always know how to come up on top. She'll divorce him and write an expose on the royal family making out that she was horribly treated like Diana and how ultimately it came between her and Harry, but that she still loves him but can't be with him.

by Anonymousreply 32February 11, 2020 12:59 PM

R30 But she's setting the scene with with trauma/depression/PTSD/mummy issues/Dead Diana Tour....." I couldn't live like that! I was frightened for my child! I was frightened for myself! He's emotionally unstable! I'm scared for my life and that of my son! Wah Wah! "

by Anonymousreply 33February 11, 2020 1:00 PM

Nobody likes an 81-year-old input hoe, Germaine.

by Anonymousreply 34February 11, 2020 1:02 PM

Harry will top himself with she leaves him

by Anonymousreply 35February 11, 2020 1:07 PM

#when

by Anonymousreply 36February 11, 2020 1:08 PM

[quote]Nobody likes an 81-year-old input hoe, Germaine

You're obviously not American.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 11, 2020 1:09 PM

It's old women people don't like.

by Anonymousreply 38February 11, 2020 1:29 PM

Greer nailed the trans insanity and she nails this.

by Anonymousreply 39February 11, 2020 1:34 PM

Why shouldn't she have strong opinions at her age?

And how many people on here are into this story...why shouldn't she?

by Anonymousreply 40February 11, 2020 1:49 PM

It's old women people don't like.

I beg to differ. Young women and especially middle aged women are insufferable. By the time they're 80 all the estrogen that makes them neurotic bitches has been leeched from their bodies and they become somewhat bearable.

by Anonymousreply 41February 11, 2020 2:01 PM

I like Greer's perspective on the whole mess; however, I don't think the Harkles will fade into obscurity just yet. They have been laying the groundwork to cash-in since before they got married. They're so close and are not going to give up yet. Even if the Harkles only take advantage of a few offers on the table--or soon to be on the table--they will make some money or make a lot of money, sustain themselves and raise their profile. Like it or not, obscurity is still quite a ways down the road for now.

by Anonymousreply 42February 11, 2020 2:33 PM

We'll so how clever they actually are by how they play it, R42.

by Anonymousreply 43February 11, 2020 2:39 PM

The Harkles constant public display of affection--holding hands, arms around each other, etc., every step of the way no matter what they're doing is nauseating, too much after a while, not believable.

by Anonymousreply 44February 11, 2020 2:40 PM

Nice girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 11, 2020 3:27 PM

So true. If Harry's hair is any indication he is waking up to a Meghan's bullshit. Before he can do anything he needs to get Archie back on British soil.

by Anonymousreply 46February 11, 2020 4:00 PM

Ooooh and that’s another part. There could be an interesting custody battle. She wanted Archie off British soil.

by Anonymousreply 47February 11, 2020 4:03 PM

R47-yeah, most of us called it when they returned to the UK but left Archie in Canada. Harry's a moron.

by Anonymousreply 48February 11, 2020 4:29 PM

They'll rarely let a man have full custody of a child.

by Anonymousreply 49February 11, 2020 4:34 PM

Yes, Markle left a show-biz artificial world to marry into the reality-based family of tiara-wearing, mace-wielding Windsors.

by Anonymousreply 50February 11, 2020 4:38 PM

She's probably right.

by Anonymousreply 51February 11, 2020 5:59 PM

Oh Wow another thread linking to the Right wing racist Daily Mail. What a surprise. Hmmm. So the bit where apparently the tabloid who shall remain nameless has paid trolls who are planting threads because of the lawsuit is just all shit. Germaine Greer is known to have a big problem with Biracial women. She lost the love of her life to Maya Angelou. It is common knowledge. She also has stated she feels sorry for rapists who have to go to prison and that the punishment for rape should be reduced. Some rape according to her is just bad sex and that raped womens trauma is the same as her fear of spiders. No one takes that bitch seriously anymore. But hey she is agreeing with the Middleaged white women who are on this site and LSA so she is now kosher.

by Anonymousreply 52February 11, 2020 6:39 PM

She is an input Ho.

Btw; this is now my new favorite insult.

by Anonymousreply 53February 11, 2020 7:12 PM

Isn't she . . . Australian?

by Anonymousreply 54February 11, 2020 7:20 PM

Germaine Greer hasn’t been going around giving public speeches about Meghan Markle. She was asked and gave her opinion - that’s what she does. And she was the only person who accurately predicted what would happen after the wedding. She’s probably right in her latest predictions about them, too.

by Anonymousreply 55February 11, 2020 7:24 PM

Why does she care so much?

If someone doesn’t want to be royalty....so what?

What’s it to you?

by Anonymousreply 56February 11, 2020 8:22 PM

[quote] The whole point about showbiz - it's not real, and it won't sustain you.'

But being in the royal family is “real”?

Princess Margaret was divorced.

Princess Anne is divorced

Prince Charles was divorced

Prince Andrew is divorced.

Why isn’t she hysterical over this? If they’re divorced, they weren’t sustained.

by Anonymousreply 57February 11, 2020 8:27 PM

^^^^^

But those people are white.

And British

by Anonymousreply 58February 11, 2020 8:39 PM

Unlike William and Kate, they seek the advantages and avoid the disadvantages of being royalty. Their lifestyle is one big exercise in “Let them eat cake.” By being gossip fodder, they at least sing for their supper to some degree.

by Anonymousreply 59February 11, 2020 8:42 PM

R57 R58. Germaine Greer often speaks out against monarchy in general. She has spoken out about individual members of the BRF and the monarchy itself plenty in the past. She has spoken about equality her entire lifetime. Monarchy does not foster equality or democracy. Greer happens to be speaking about the Harkles at the moment because she was invited on 60 Minutes Austrailia to talk about the Harkles and the recent news about them stepping down. Her discussion has nothing to do with Markle being of mixed race. Greer was talking about stifling life as a royal and how difficult it must be and the spectacle of the wedding, the cost, the pressure of it all and the celebrities invited, many of whom don't even really know Markle. And she had no family there whatsoever, not even close childhood of young adult friends, just celebrities. That's why she said it may not be able to be sustained, since the celebrity non-friends don't really support you when you may need it.

by Anonymousreply 60February 11, 2020 9:28 PM

Greer is impossible but like that stopped clock, she is right twice a day; this is one of those two times.

Listen, peeps, there is a thread open for general BRF discussions, these endless threads on separate topics are going to get us nothing but complaints.

Try to move it to BRF Gossip Part 101.

It will be so much tidier.

by Anonymousreply 61February 11, 2020 9:38 PM

R58 - They were, firstly, Prince and Princesses of the Blood, not recent married ins of less than two months who did ten minutes' worth of work and then dragged her mark out to milk his name and his Mama's death for all the money she can get.

As for them all being white: bitch, please. So is Meghan. That girl wouldn't pee on a man of colour if he were on fire. She fucks white, she marries white, her besties are white, her kid is so white you'd never recognise him for Doria Ragland's grandson, she straightens her hair, she narrowed her nose, and then she married into the whitest family on the planet.

Meghan Markle leans, prays, yearns, and dreams white.

by Anonymousreply 62February 11, 2020 9:44 PM

R58 - Oh, and Greer said nasty things about Kate, too (you know, white, English Kate?)

https: www. dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2772507/The-Duchess-Cambridge-Controversial-feminist-Germaine-Greer-launches-scathing-attack-pregnant-Kate-says-royal-family-crushed-personality.html

by Anonymousreply 63February 11, 2020 9:48 PM

Sometimes even love isn’t enough. There is so much stress on that marriage, I can’t see how it will survive.

by Anonymousreply 64February 11, 2020 9:52 PM

I love Germaine Greer, she's always fun and often brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 65February 11, 2020 10:12 PM

A reminder we must all strive to age gracefully. I understand codgers and coots have fewer and fewer fucks to give.

What do you think, eldergays? Do you find you're increasingly making an absurd spectacle of yourselves? What about those who have a public profile and a legacy to bequeath?

by Anonymousreply 66February 12, 2020 12:13 AM

R66, with every passing year, I am more and more grateful for my obscurity and averageness. What I do or say is largely inconsequential. It’s wonderful.

by Anonymousreply 67February 12, 2020 12:26 AM

That's beautiful and wise r67. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 68February 12, 2020 12:31 AM

To those claiming that Markle did the humanitarian thing purely for pr... so she really didn't care about the charities she repped? Not even an ounce? That would be a cold, ruthless number there.

by Anonymousreply 69February 12, 2020 1:08 AM

I honestly don't think she did, R69. She makes herself front and center too much. It's all solely to elevate her status and feed her ego. If there were an easier way for her to get glowing PR, she'd do it.

by Anonymousreply 70February 12, 2020 1:11 AM

As if anyone knows why another person does anything. Most of us don't even know why we ourselves do what we do.

Folks are just jealous of Meghan. It means they think she doesn't deserve it. It's then obviously a race thing.

by Anonymousreply 71February 12, 2020 1:13 AM

Not really, R71, I enjoy following the charities that Lupita Nyong'o supports such as African wildlife and wildlife in general. They speak to her true interests and commitment, and I admire her for it.

by Anonymousreply 72February 12, 2020 1:20 AM

"As if anyone knows why another person does anything."

followed by

" Folks are just jealous of Meghan. It means they think she doesn't deserve it. It's then obviously a race thing."

You are a PENDEJA.

by Anonymousreply 73February 12, 2020 1:24 AM

When Meghan and Harry make an appearance, all they do is talk about themselves.

by Anonymousreply 74February 12, 2020 1:27 AM

So start a drinking game. Two shots every time she calls herself a woman of colour, five shots when Harry talks about Diana's death and how it affected him.

by Anonymousreply 75February 12, 2020 1:31 AM

Punch yourself in the face every time she touches her hair.

by Anonymousreply 76February 12, 2020 1:34 AM

Holy shit-we'd be drunk and black and blue inside 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 77February 12, 2020 1:36 AM

How many shots when they talk about how their "family" is in danger and in need of protection?

by Anonymousreply 78February 12, 2020 1:39 AM

R71 "As if anyone knows why another person does anything. Most of us don't know why we ourselves do what we do ". Very, very true.

by Anonymousreply 79February 12, 2020 1:42 AM

Has anyone seen Archie? Aside from when he was dangling like a tendril out of that carrier?

by Anonymousreply 80February 12, 2020 1:56 AM

R80, no.

Which pretty much means that she controls just how much privacy and visibility as she wants. .

by Anonymousreply 81February 12, 2020 9:40 AM

The way she kept putting her hand under her bump when pregnant was just vile. Every woman I've spoken to says it was unnatural and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 82February 12, 2020 10:53 PM

Archie was returned to Central Casting R80.

by Anonymousreply 83February 12, 2020 11:17 PM

No he wasn't! He's going to be the head model at Tig Tots!

by Anonymousreply 84February 13, 2020 5:48 AM

[quote][R80], no. Which pretty much means that she controls just how much privacy and visibility as she wants. .

Good for her! She's taking back control.

by Anonymousreply 85February 18, 2020 8:59 AM

It is an entertaining media circus at least. I do find Meg and Harry more interesting than Wills and Kate, though. Dim and self serving or not least they are characters and Meghan’s American trashy family is totally Jerry Springer entertainment too. Wills and Kate are like watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 86February 18, 2020 9:43 AM

[quote] Wills and Kate are like watching paint dry.

In other words, perfect for the job.

by Anonymousreply 87February 18, 2020 9:51 AM

It’s not as if Greer is saying something we didn’t know already. I agree with r86 that Will and Kate are boring. And with r87 that it’s exactly how they should be. I’m worried that Kate is being pushed and promoted too much in Meghan’s absence. Let her stay in the background! (I like Kate, I just hate to see her pushed forward because she’s not comfortable doing it. Her “candid” radio interview recently was cringe-inducing.)

I can stand Meghan but she’s fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 88February 18, 2020 10:03 AM

Germaine Greer comes off as bitter.

by Anonymousreply 89February 18, 2020 10:09 AM

My favourite Germaine Greer quote was when she said, in the context of being a Celebrity Big Brother contestant, that she hoped she ‘wouldn’t have to have anal sex as she wasn’t too fond of that’.

by Anonymousreply 90February 18, 2020 10:14 AM

Have always loved Germaine.

by Anonymousreply 91February 18, 2020 11:18 AM

She's (Greer) clearly following every step of this story, just like us... because it's INTERESTING.

People who keep turning up to SHOUT AT US for talking about it, just don't get it and feel left out. They can fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 92February 18, 2020 11:24 AM

Jealous of Meghan Markle. Oh dear...

by Anonymousreply 93February 22, 2020 4:34 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!