Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jessica Simpson’s new book “Open Book”, anyone reading it?

I heard she speaks about both Britney and Christina in the book. I can’t wait to read!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 3, 2020 11:33 PM

If the author cannot read I will not buy/read.

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2020 1:25 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2020 1:26 AM

Jess confirms what I already knew, Christina has an album because of Britney

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2020 2:17 AM

Does she blab about her ex-husband Nick’s micro penis?

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2020 2:35 AM

I’d rather hear the deets about John Mayer’s dick.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2020 2:38 AM

R5 I heard he is hung.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2020 2:44 AM

I skimmed through some of it. She talked about how her dad announced he was divorcing her mother when Jessica was in the hospital about to give birth. He then put it on Jessica saying she gave him the confidence to move on or something like that. So messed up.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2020 3:27 AM

I wonder if she is still close with her dad.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2020 3:38 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2020 3:41 AM

I saw it in a bookstore yesterday but had no desire to buy it.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2020 3:45 AM

R5 it's racist.

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2020 6:24 AM

[quote]I wonder if she is still close with her dad.

They've reconciled.

I have only read what has been posted in articles and interviews about the book and I can't believe she's pissy that Nick Lachey joked about her father playing grab ass with him. But in her book she talks about how her father moved on after his split with her mother and asked if he could being his male model friend Jonathan to her (Jessica's) wedding. Yet, when asked about her father's sexuality she says it's not her story to tell. Ho, you already told it!

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2020 6:30 AM

She's a republican.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2020 7:44 AM

Is that a book title or operational instructions for the tuna-impaired?

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2020 9:47 AM

Fucking fascinating.

Can I join your book club?

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2020 9:49 AM

is Jessica #teambritney, #teamxtina, or #teammandy?

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2020 5:25 PM

#teampills

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2020 5:29 PM

r16 she's #teamJessica

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2020 5:42 PM

She is team herself. She pretty much says that she was sick of being Britney’s shadow in the industry and admits that all the pop girls that came after her were her shadow. Christina only got signed to rival Britney and that Jive Records was almost done with Britney’s album so RCA rushed Christina’s to have it out not long after BOMT.

She went on a family vacation to Disney Land and even there people would approach her to take photos of themselves with “Britney Spears”. She eventually learned to laugh about it.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2020 5:58 PM

She also said that after her first album (which had mostly ballads) her record label told her she had to change her sound for her second album, and it needed to sound more Britney meets Mariah. This is why her second album is more pop meets R&B and she had to tone down the belting and make her voice sound more like a kitten purring (like Britney)

by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2020 6:00 PM

Can't you just see all the fraus in their stretch pants gathering at Karen's McHouse for the weekly book club meeting to talk about this fantastic piece of non-fiction while cradling their mugs?

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2020 6:01 PM

r19 That is incorrect about Christina. Christina got signed after she recorded the song "Reflection" for the Disney soundtrack to Mulan.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2020 7:16 PM

R22 she got her record contract mid 1998...

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2020 7:33 PM

I’m gonna borrow this book from the library to get all the down and dirty deets about John Mayer. I know he’s a fuckboy, I know he’s a complete dick, and I’m positive he’s overcompensating for something, but I would not pass up an opportunity to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 24February 9, 2020 2:35 PM

Yeah Christian had to audition for rec execs basically even after the Mulan song.

by Anonymousreply 25February 9, 2020 3:24 PM

Yup. Britney got signed first, and no one knew who she was, until August 1998 when BOMT (the single) came out and was an overnight smash hit, and made her a household name overnight. After that RCA began looking for a teen blonde who could rival Britney, and they made Christina come in and audition etc. and signed her, then rushed her debut album so it would not come out too long after Britney’s (BOMT the album came out January, 1999 after over 2 years of working on the album and Christina Aguilera (her self titled album) came out August 1999, less than a year after signing her and working on the album). Aguilera hater Genie in a Bottle, and didn’t even wanna record it. She gave them a hard time but obviously she had to. They then decided to release it as her debut single and she didn’t want to because it was a song she didn’t get to show off her singing abilities with, but they said her debut song needed to be a song that could rival Britney, not a ballad. They were right and she went to number 1 also, something none of the other pop girls did.

by Anonymousreply 26February 9, 2020 3:31 PM

PS part of why Christina got the contract was because she was on MMC also, with Britney. They knew they could build a “rivalry” in the media between the two as well as sell more records Based on their “friendship” and having known each other since childhood.

So Christina May be the better talent but she only became what she did because of Britney. She should thank her instead of always shade her.

by Anonymousreply 27February 9, 2020 3:34 PM

[Quote] So Christina May be the better talent but she only became what she did because of Britney. She should thank her instead of always shade her.

I don't think she's done that in a while.

by Anonymousreply 28February 9, 2020 9:43 PM

r26 This is incorrect. Christina got her record deal in the same week she was chosen to record Reflection for the Mulan soundtrack and Reflection was released in June 1998. Baby One More Time was released as a single in late October 1998 and went #1 in January 1999.

by Anonymousreply 29February 10, 2020 6:41 PM

R29 SHE DID NOT GET HER RECORD DEAL UNTIL AUGUST 1998

by Anonymousreply 30February 10, 2020 6:42 PM

r30 AND BABY ONE MORE TIME WAS NOT RELEASED UNTIL OCTOBER 1998 AND WAS NOT AN OVERNIGHT HIT

by Anonymousreply 31February 10, 2020 6:51 PM

AS AN OFFICIAL SINGLE R31

She had already been touring malls and performing the song for months before it was released, and RCA Execs saw a video of her and that is when Xtina was signed. Fucking moron ass bitch.

by Anonymousreply 32February 10, 2020 6:54 PM

R31 BOMT the song jumped into the Top 40 right away and hit number one all over the world, eventually. January the album came out and debuted at number one, with the single still at number one.

First female to have a number one single and album at the same time. Christina can’t relate.

by Anonymousreply 33February 10, 2020 6:56 PM

Notice how for BOMT 20th anniversary every media source and outlet was paying respect to the album and song... meanwhile Christina’s album? Lmaooooo never even a mention.

BOMT the song also was named the most influential pop song of the past 20-30 years by Billboard.

Here is Rolling Stone paying respects to the album

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 10, 2020 7:00 PM

Bitches!!! This is [italic]my[/italic] thread.

by Anonymousreply 35February 10, 2020 7:27 PM

What's with the all caps 😄

by Anonymousreply 36February 10, 2020 10:31 PM

She sounds like a zombie. Like Britney x100 zombie level.

by Anonymousreply 37February 10, 2020 10:34 PM

this thread smells of Gap Playlist Troll, when you start seeing frantic capitalization of posts you know she’s triggered and either:

1. off meds

2. back on meth

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2020 2:33 PM

It will be chockful of breathless questions to nobody: "How could I face my fans, knowing that they looked to me as a friend and role model- someone they could trust?".

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2020 3:05 PM

R39 LOL! Perfect! Are you a celebrity autobiography ghost writer by any chance?

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2020 3:08 PM

By all means, OP, do not read anything even remotely worthwhile. I tell ya, you fags are the epitome of middle-school girlishness.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2020 3:11 PM

R41 You new to DL, sweetie?

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2020 3:12 PM

It was pretty entertaining, OP. I enjoyed it. And yes, the book will really speak to fraus. Especially fat ones.

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2020 4:13 PM

First world problems

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2020 5:38 PM

I am a third through it and enjoying it. It starts off with her hitting rock bottom on a Halloween night where she was too drunk to go Trick or Treating with the kids, then goes back to her childhood.

by Anonymousreply 45February 18, 2020 6:46 PM

What interest does any gay man have in this heterosexual, proud fur-wearing, dumb Republican Southerner?

by Anonymousreply 46February 18, 2020 6:57 PM

Gays love a messy bitch who lives for drama.

by Anonymousreply 47February 18, 2020 6:59 PM

What R47 said. And maybe hoping for some dirt on Joe.

by Anonymousreply 48February 18, 2020 10:15 PM

R48 some dirt on many celebs.

by Anonymousreply 49February 18, 2020 10:17 PM

She wanted to sing Gospel but no Christian Label Record would sigh her because of her look. They felt she was too pretty, with blonde hair and big boobs and she didn’t have the look for a “Christian girl”.

After that she got signed to a major label after Britney broke out huge to compete with her and Christina.

Her first album was a lot of ballads. Her record label made her change her sound with her second album to sound more like Britney so she would be bigger competition for her.

Here is her first single from her debut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50February 18, 2020 10:28 PM

Vs her first single from Album 2

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 18, 2020 10:29 PM

Did she debut before or after Mandy?? Or was it around the same time??

by Anonymousreply 52February 18, 2020 10:30 PM

Mandy and Jessica were around the same time. Mandy was younger than the others. She was like 14 when Candy came out.

Willa Ford came fast and died fast with her one hit

by Anonymousreply 53February 18, 2020 10:35 PM

Jessica Simpson IS Cassie!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 18, 2020 10:36 PM

PS I used to love this song but most people thought it was Britney Spears. Amazing how she was such much a massive megastar back then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55February 18, 2020 10:38 PM

I would have developed a weight problem too if this were my midnight snack.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56February 18, 2020 10:41 PM

And this my dessert.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 18, 2020 10:41 PM

I always thought Willa Ford looked like ONJ's daughter if the plastic surgery had gone right.

by Anonymousreply 58February 18, 2020 10:44 PM

Guess who also came out around the same time as these blonde bimbos and career has outlasted all of them. Me cunts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 18, 2020 10:47 PM

I hated Candy by Mandy Moore. It was nonsense. But I did like her sophomore albums singles “I Wanna Be With You” and “Walk Me Home”.

My fav song by her came from her 3rd album, called “Crush”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 18, 2020 10:50 PM

Mandy Moore was 14 or so when Candy came out. It was not representative of her musical interests. I interviewed her for her album Amanda Leigh and she seemed very normal and down to earth, and interested in being taken seriously as a songwriter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 18, 2020 10:53 PM

That song is very sub-Natalie Imbruglia.

by Anonymousreply 62February 18, 2020 10:53 PM

R62 maybe why I liked it. I used to like Imbruglia a lot

by Anonymousreply 63February 18, 2020 10:57 PM

I almost had a heart attack when I saw “Yo Yo” listed on a Mandy Moore CD. I bought it intrigued by the certain disaster of a white girl rap. Alas, it’s actually about a yo-yo, not, like, Madonna embarrassing herself to be edgy.

But I actually like the song!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 18, 2020 10:58 PM

Mandy’s song “In My Pocket” was actually a fantastic pop song. Very forgotten and under appreciated

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 18, 2020 11:06 PM

Mandy was too sober and unself-destructive for people to care about her. If Britney hadn’t shaved her head and lost her mind, no one would care about her, either. Pop stars have to be tragic to be cared about after the initial fad phase fades away.

by Anonymousreply 66February 18, 2020 11:10 PM

I wonder if that song was written for Enrique Iglesias. It certainly sounds like it was written for a man - "How much for your love?" is a very male lyric.

by Anonymousreply 67February 18, 2020 11:10 PM

[Quote] Pop stars have to be tragic to be cared about after the initial fad phase fades away.

Is Beyonce tragic? Pink? Kelly Clarkson? I don't think any of them are Top 40 singles artists anymore but all are still pop successes.

by Anonymousreply 68February 18, 2020 11:11 PM

All 3 of them still sell out tours r68 whether you like them or hate them.

And if Britney were able to she would fill seats on a tour also if she was back to her old self and danced her ass off again

by Anonymousreply 69February 18, 2020 11:15 PM

R67 it was written by mostly men and produced by two men, so it’s not too shocking the lyrics are a bit “manly”

It was written by Randall Barlow, Emilio Estefan, Liza Quintana, and Gian Marco Zignago

by Anonymousreply 70February 18, 2020 11:23 PM

Originally titled “How Much For Blow Job?” the song was sold to Mandy and rewritten “How much for your love?”

by Anonymousreply 71February 18, 2020 11:25 PM

I like Candy, Wanna Be With You and In My Pocket. But So Real is my fave.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72February 18, 2020 11:51 PM

Poor jessica. Britney, Xtina and even Mandy Moore and Willa Ford ran over her thred.

by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2020 12:27 AM

R73 except for her sister lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2020 12:33 AM

r46 Jessica actually talks about being the subject of homophobic bullying when she was a cheerleader in middle school. The school chanted "lesbian" at a basketball game and scattered anti-gay pamphlets on her lawn and spray-painted her house.

by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2020 3:15 AM

No, I am not reading this mess.

by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2020 3:31 AM

I did a study abroad in England in 2000, and I remember hearing this girl-pop song with a John Mellencamp riff everywhere I went. It was kind of annoying but it worked its way into my brain. Then one day I was in the gym and the Jessica Simpson music video came on.

I had heard of her but I had never heard her music or seen her and I thought “ohhh! She’s British! I guess she didn’t catch on in the U.S.”

I never saw or heard about her again until her reality show, and then I was confused again, this time about realizing no, she’s actually American, but for some reason more famous in other countries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77February 19, 2020 10:12 AM

I love that out of the four blonde pop starlets it’s third and fourth fiddles Jessica and Mandy that turned out to be the richest and most normal, respectively.

by Anonymousreply 78February 19, 2020 10:36 AM

Can we talk about Hoku and the Burrito Song now?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 19, 2020 11:16 AM

Mandy was always normal and grounded. She is a good egg.

by Anonymousreply 80February 19, 2020 12:35 PM

I think Mandy's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 81February 19, 2020 12:38 PM

Mandy did marry Ryan Adams (not Bryan Adams), so she's had her issues...

by Anonymousreply 82February 19, 2020 7:15 PM

R82 what's the deal with Ryan Adams?

by Anonymousreply 83February 20, 2020 6:06 AM

Mandy Moore doesn’t seem to accuse Ryan Adams of full-on abuse, but rather of having come along when she was at a vulnerable point in her life, offering to help her with her career while romancing her, and making her feel devalued and denigrated throughout the relationship, talking her into getting rid of all music managers except him and then ignoring her in preference of other women artists whom he told her were superior to her, effectively telling her that she’s more of a product than an artist when she was trying to grow. A lot of people probably would agree with his assessment of her career, but in a one on one relationship it does really sound toxic to me. When I interviewed her, she did come across to me as someone who was insecure and had low self-esteem, particularly in terms of herself diminishing her talents.

Excerpts:

Musician Ryan Adams is the latest powerful man to be accused of sexual misconduct in the #MeToo era. In a new New York Times report, multiple women — including Adams’s ex-wife, the singer and actress Mandy Moore — say that Adams dangled professional opportunities in front of them and then used those opportunities to manipulate them into sex. In the relationships that ensued, these women say, Adams would become controlling and emotionally abusive. “Music was a point of control for him,” says Moore.

If a woman is responsive to Adams’s advances, he allegedly introduces sex into the relationship, and it does not seem to matter whether or not she is legally able to consent. The Times obtained text messages between Adams and Ava in which he appears to simultaneously fret over her age and indulge in sexual fantasies about her. “If people knew they would say I was like R Kelley lol,” he wrote in one exchange when Ava was 16. (Through a lawyer, Adams maintained to the Times that he did not know Ava’s age.) Ten minutes later, he added, “I just want you to touch your nipple.”

The Times’s reporting also suggests that even when the relationships last, Adams tends to avoid delivering on his promises of professional help. When Mandy Moore began her relationship with Adams in 2007, when she was 23, she was in the midst of the tricky transition from teen pop star to serious adult musician. Moore tells the Times that with Adams’s encouragement, she entrusted him with managing that transition. The pair married in 2009, and by 2010, she didn’t have any managers or producers besides him.

But Adams didn’t help Moore become a star as an adult. Instead, Moore says, he would refuse to record songs they wrote together. He would double-book her studio time with other female musicians and, according to Moore, was consistently demeaning. “He would always tell me, ‘You’re not a real musician, because you don’t play an instrument,’” she says. The pair divorced in 2016, describing the decision at the time as a “respectful, amicable parting of ways.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84February 20, 2020 8:12 AM

R84 thanks for answering. No question he's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 85February 20, 2020 10:01 AM

The truth is Mandy the singer is a product. She was always better as an actress.

by Anonymousreply 86February 26, 2020 2:19 AM

R86, true. I think the fact she's the most likeable of the four women make her more likeable on screen too. And maybe that's why Christina as an even worse actress than Britney.

by Anonymousreply 87February 26, 2020 2:27 AM

Any of the john mayer dirt? I doubt she gets into much detail..

by Anonymousreply 88February 26, 2020 2:29 AM

Jessica Simpson has always seemed really dumb. Like hey y'all, look ate. This is what pop stars do. Gufaw. I'm going to turn my backside to you and shake my ass and laugh because this is silly popstar cheese. Gufaw gufaw giggle tee hee. My dad's gay y'all but we don't talk about it. I'm drinking y'all because having a billion dollars dollars and a clothing line is really tough gee whiz.

by Anonymousreply 89February 26, 2020 2:36 AM

R89, here is a review of her debut:

[quote] Simpson is a blonde who got out of cheerleading early to prepare herself for whatever show business offered--game-show sidekick, R-rated remake of Debbie Does Dallas, bond trader seeking trophy wife. What she got was a John Cougar sample and the hard-earned ability to carry a tune. We know teenpop is rarely as vapid, prefab, and faux-wholesome as gatekeepers who've barely listened to it claim. So let's not tell them about this "refreshing blend of pop, R&B and [note copywriter getting desperate] gospel-flavored sounds."

by Anonymousreply 90February 26, 2020 2:39 AM

John Mayer loves making out with dudes, having threesomes with dudes, and scat.

by Anonymousreply 91February 26, 2020 3:32 AM

I remember seeing a clip somewhere of Jessica's dad being super creepy and talking about how he gave Jessica a promise ring when she was 12 or something and he bawled when she married Nick because another man had come into her life.

by Anonymousreply 92February 26, 2020 3:33 AM

R91 how do you know that? At least a hint.

by Anonymousreply 93February 26, 2020 3:46 AM

R93

I told you not to ask me!

by Anonymousreply 94February 26, 2020 3:48 AM

[quote]—I didn't not used to hang out with him.

So you did used to hang out with him?

by Anonymousreply 95February 26, 2020 3:52 AM

R94 is Tammi from Real World LA

"That wasn't not funny!"

by Anonymousreply 96February 26, 2020 3:53 AM

Isn't she someone?

by Anonymousreply 97February 26, 2020 3:55 AM

No.

by Anonymousreply 98February 26, 2020 3:56 AM

I love you R96.

by Anonymousreply 99February 26, 2020 4:07 AM

Bitches love her shoes.

by Anonymousreply 100February 26, 2020 4:07 AM

“New” implies there are others. Please tell me there are not others.

by Anonymousreply 101February 26, 2020 4:27 AM

You should, R99.

Always hanging up in here like a hairy spider.

by Anonymousreply 102February 26, 2020 5:12 AM

R101 no there isn't.

by Anonymousreply 103February 26, 2020 8:49 AM

The book is a #1 New York Times Bestseller

by Anonymousreply 104February 26, 2020 5:43 PM

R104 I was hoping that because you failed to include “I shit you not” it was all a joke, but alas you are correct. On the upside the hillbillies from the red states are reading.

by Anonymousreply 105February 26, 2020 7:50 PM

My gut insists to me that something Jeffrey Epstein-like explains the friendship between John Mayer and Andy Cohen. It is too fucking weird. Cohen only hangs out with former 90s stars and strange gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 26, 2020 10:12 PM

R105 if Kris Jenner can, why not Jessica. It's not like it actually means anything.

by Anonymousreply 107February 26, 2020 11:31 PM

I am sure she used a ghost writer but so what? It's terrific. Tough to put down.

by Anonymousreply 108March 3, 2020 11:50 AM

The Jess Simpson song "With You" was legitimately very good. Surprised no one has mentioned it yet

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 3, 2020 12:20 PM

[quote]Pour yourself all over me and I’ll cherish every drop here on my knees!

What a virgin whore.

by Anonymousreply 110March 3, 2020 12:49 PM

[Quote] Pour yourself all over me and I’ll cherish every drop here on my knees!

Who knew she was singing about a bottle of booze.

by Anonymousreply 111March 3, 2020 1:02 PM

[quote]Pour yourself all over me and I’ll cherish every drop here on my knees!

Her father must have contributed that line.

by Anonymousreply 112March 3, 2020 7:47 PM

R112 maybe it was about Nick.

by Anonymousreply 113March 3, 2020 11:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!