Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Madonna tours

American singer Madonna has performed on eleven concert tours. Which was your favorite?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65April 17, 2021 5:17 AM

Virgin Tour:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 4, 2020 5:17 AM

Who's That Girl (Ciao Italia):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 4, 2020 5:18 AM

Girlie Show:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3February 4, 2020 5:18 AM

Drowned World:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 4, 2020 5:19 AM

Re-Invention:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 4, 2020 5:19 AM

Confessions:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 4, 2020 5:20 AM

Did she actually show up for any of Madame X?

by Anonymousreply 7February 4, 2020 5:20 AM

Madonna tours are the best: art and reinventions.

by Anonymousreply 8February 4, 2020 5:22 AM

Rebel Heart:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 4, 2020 5:24 AM

I've always thought The Girlie Show was her best. It holds together well as an entire piece from start to finish before she got locked into the "four themes" setup. Confessions also seemed very strong from what I remember, probably her best singing there too. But I think The Girlie Show just edges it out a bit for me.

I know Blonde Ambition is held by many to be her top tour, but her voice was so horrible on so much of that tour. I didn't like her voice during what I've seen of Who's That Girl either.

by Anonymousreply 10February 4, 2020 5:26 AM

Why no tours from 1993 - 2001?

by Anonymousreply 11February 4, 2020 5:28 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ She was busy counting her millions.

by Anonymousreply 12February 4, 2020 5:31 AM

Blonde Ambition hands down. Yes, her voice was thin but the theatrics, dancers and choreography was all spot on. It's a shame that she now looks like that puppet Madame with all her face fillers.

by Anonymousreply 13February 4, 2020 5:34 AM

She had Lourdes, did Evita, Ray of Light, some movies, got married, etc.

by Anonymousreply 14February 4, 2020 5:40 AM

Wow, Madonna is actually pretty good in that Blonde Ambition "Express Yourself" opening number even though it is 100% lip-synched. It's the exact vocal track from the album which is pretty lazy.

by Anonymousreply 15February 4, 2020 6:40 AM

None of them, she cannot sing, dance, or act, she is a triple threat of NO talent whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 16February 4, 2020 9:20 AM

I remember seeing her "True Blue" tour. Not in your poll.

by Anonymousreply 17February 4, 2020 2:07 PM

There was no True Blue tour. The Who's That Girl tour covered the True Blue album.

I like Confessions the best, followed by Girlie Show.

by Anonymousreply 18February 4, 2020 9:58 PM

Blond Ambition is the clear winner in the poll, with pitiful votes for the last three tours.

Will Madonna listen to her fans, and revisit the music and energy of the late 80s?

by Anonymousreply 19February 4, 2020 11:06 PM

Her obituary will feature a photo from Blonde Ambition. Case closed.

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2020 2:08 AM

I have seen them all.........have a soft spot for WHO'S THAT GIRL...saw the opening night of the US leg in Miami..was also a year before many friends started dying form AIDS & was the first stadium tour by a female pop star....in a way, it was a preview of what would come next when BLONDE AMBITION polished the spectacle.....I think her first four tours up through the GIRLIE SHOW were all enjoyable but when she returned with DROWNED WORLD, it was never really fun......she always seemed so serious and couldn't just enjoy the fact that she has one of the best catalogues of pop tunes in music history.......Madame X, Drowned World and Sticky and Sweet sit at the bottom for me.......Confessions was probably her best post Girlie Show concert and she tried too hard with REINVENTION. I just watched a DVD of the Live Aid show and she was so invested in that performance.......

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2020 2:22 AM

Tears of a Clown Tour:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2020 4:06 AM

Sticky and Sweet:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 6, 2020 2:38 AM

MDNA:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24February 6, 2020 2:42 AM

The one that wasn't cancelled and started on time.

by Anonymousreply 25February 6, 2020 2:51 AM

Madonna = Real and very expensive art. She’s the Picasso of music

by Anonymousreply 26February 6, 2020 3:00 AM

Hardy HAR, r26!

by Anonymousreply 27February 6, 2020 4:05 AM

The one where she lip-synched half the show, called her audience members - many of whom paid over $500 a ticket - motherfuckers, started two hours late and cut five songs (usually the ones where she actually sang and danced), stripped down to her undies (and new ass) and demanded her fans - who had already spent over $500 or over - for money for her faux-charities.

by Anonymousreply 28February 6, 2020 4:33 AM

No one who would even looked at a painting would compare her to Picasso. More like a first-year art student who drops out during the second semester.

by Anonymousreply 29February 6, 2020 2:29 PM

None. She's a shitty no-talent devoid of musical ability or artistic merit!

by Anonymousreply 30February 6, 2020 2:33 PM

Blonde Ambition was an amazing show from start to finish. It was one of the most entertaining concerts I've ever been to. And yes, I'm one of those that has grown really tired of her.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2020 2:45 PM

She's really just flailing around, huh?

The show impressed some NYers who found it "deep", as I recall. Maybe it started off a little more coherent?

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2020 3:17 PM

Blond Ambition seems so dated...especially the choreography.

Loved Girlie Show and Confessions and Re-Invention.

I thought Madame X was better than Rebel, Sticky and MDNA.

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2020 5:03 PM

Live "La Isla Bonita" from The Girlie Show. Glorious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 1, 2020 2:31 AM

Blond Ambition is peak Madonna. Her most iconic tour by far.

by Anonymousreply 35March 1, 2020 2:36 AM

Confessions is not only her best, but one of the best concerts I've been to. It made me regret not going to her earlier tours when you could have gotten a good ticket at a normal price.

by Anonymousreply 36March 1, 2020 3:06 AM

The Skanky Crone Tour (2022)

by Anonymousreply 37March 1, 2020 3:10 AM

Daily (hourly?) threads bashing her just prove her phenomenal rise and legend.

She is an elemental being.

by Anonymousreply 38March 1, 2020 3:11 AM

[quote] She’s the Thomas Kinkade of music

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 39March 1, 2020 3:12 AM

Confessions was so sleek and modern. It was a spectacle, to be sure, but the spectacle never overwhelmed M at the center -- the way I think you could argue later tours did. It also featured her best entrance. You're never going to top that incredible disco ball entrance.

by Anonymousreply 40March 1, 2020 3:30 AM

It's nice to see all these tours collected in one place.

I know many fans are alarmed by her recent instagram posts, but at least we can remember her glory days.

by Anonymousreply 41March 30, 2020 4:17 AM

Blonde Ambition. Very little filler (could've done without some Dick Tracy songs). Up until that point, every song she released as a single was great. The Girlie Show was a misfire. She didn't include two hits since her last tour (Rescue Me, This Used To Be My Playground), left off a single from Erotica (Bad Girl) and included two blah songs - Why's It So Hard and In This Life instead of the awesome Thief of Hearts. Did we really need I'm Going Bananas? It was time to retire Holiday for a bit.

by Anonymousreply 42March 30, 2020 5:07 AM

R34 those male dancers are fabulous!!

by Anonymousreply 43March 30, 2020 5:29 AM

If ever a poll needed a Vivian Vance option this is it.

by Anonymousreply 44March 30, 2020 6:30 AM

R43 - those dancers were even more amazing in Fever. So hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 30, 2020 10:13 PM

[quote]I think her first four tours up through the GIRLIE SHOW were all enjoyable but when she returned with DROWNED WORLD, it was never really fun......she always seemed so serious

Female artists typically go to shit after they start having children.

by Anonymousreply 46March 30, 2020 10:25 PM

Confessions, by far.

by Anonymousreply 47March 31, 2020 1:27 AM

The upcoming Speak Up I Can't Hear You tour, with special effects courtesy of some stair lift manufacturer and green room food provided by Cream of Wheat.

by Anonymousreply 48March 31, 2020 7:01 AM

I thought it was going to be the Geriatric Girl tour?

by Anonymousreply 49March 31, 2020 10:27 PM

Madame X (Part 1):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 1, 2020 2:44 AM

Madame X (Part 2):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51April 1, 2020 2:44 AM

Thanks R50 and R51 Didn’t expect to see these clips. The MadameX tour looks highly artistic but boring at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 52April 1, 2020 3:53 AM

I think she needs to announce a full arena tour, and promise to sing only her hits, as recorded on her albums.

No new music, no "reformation" of her pop hits, and no fan abuse.

Otherwise, Madame X be her final tour.

by Anonymousreply 53April 13, 2020 5:16 AM

Madame X was her final tour.

by Anonymousreply 54April 13, 2020 12:53 PM

Bump, to remind us of her better days.

by Anonymousreply 55May 6, 2020 3:57 AM

I can't stand watching tours on youtube but I happily sat through 2 hours watching the Confessions tour.

by Anonymousreply 56May 6, 2020 4:24 AM

I still don’t understand how she completely lost her looks in a mere half decade. It hurts my eyes to look at the monstrosity she’s become.

by Anonymousreply 57May 6, 2020 5:20 AM

This shit from the Re-invention Tour was awesome. I know it's someone else's work, but it's amazing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 6, 2020 5:46 AM

Girlie, Confessions and Re-Invention are all amazing shows.

Blond Ambition is way dated. Virgin and Who's seem ancient.

MDNA and Sticky had long, boring sections.

I genuinely enjoyed Madame X mainly cause I liked the new album better than her few previous efforts.

Rebel Heart was so-so.

by Anonymousreply 59May 6, 2020 5:55 AM

R58, that's from Steven Klein and Madonna's X - STaTIC PRO=CeSS exhibition, which toured around the world maybe 15 years ago. I think I saw it in MOCA, or was it at LACMA?

by Anonymousreply 60May 6, 2020 5:57 AM

Actually, scratch that so-so rating.

It was cool because I got to see her perform True Blue, Who's That Girl and Love Don't Live Here Anymore.

But yeah, MDNA was the worst.

by Anonymousreply 61May 6, 2020 5:59 AM

R60, thanks, I didn't know that. I knew the dress was Christian Lacroix and saw the original spread in W Magazine. That exhibit didn't make it to Chicago on its own, only as part of the tour.

by Anonymousreply 62May 6, 2020 6:08 AM

I think Madonna's at her realest, liveliest best when she's just freestyling and having a ball, and not overly concerned with fussy dance steps, posturing, and elaborate staging. Like towards the end of the Girlie Show when she's jamming with her crew. She comes across as such a charismatic and natural showman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63May 6, 2020 6:10 AM

The one where after making all the elders wait until midnight she decides to throw in a "Fada" set at 1:30 to put everyone to sleep. As if she invented the style.

by Anonymousreply 64January 26, 2021 3:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!