Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AARP is a liberal organization with an agenda??

Huh? I got lectured by an old lady today about this. I had to fill in at work today in the reservations department. When I asked the old lady, who needed an ADA room, if she had an AARP discount, she proceeded to tell me that they quit them because they were had a liberal agenda. WTF? Deplorable hag.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2020 4:02 PM

**they had, not they were had

My guess is her husband in the wheelchair is parked in front of Fox all day.

by Anonymousreply 1January 25, 2020 6:13 PM

Slap that Trump bitch as viciously as you can ...

by Anonymousreply 2January 25, 2020 6:15 PM

I heard this once from an elderly Fox right winger too but I never really looked into it much.

by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2020 6:35 PM

I heard this same sentiment about AARP from a former colleague.

She became a rabid Conserva-Crank™ after we stopped working for the same company. Her father and her son are both doctors and she thinks any move toward socialized medicine is an anathema.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2020 6:40 PM

Right-wing media constantly pushes The Association of Mature American Citizens, a "conservative alternative" to AARP.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2020 6:44 PM

[quote]Her father and her son are both doctors and she thinks any move toward socialized medicine is an anathema.

Because they won't get as rich with socialized medicine. I actually know a doctor who quit because she was sick of insurance companies telling her she could not or how to treat her patients.

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2020 6:59 PM

I know a doctor who also hated insurance companies. She quit accepting insurance and is now a self-pay "concierge doctor".

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2020 7:02 PM

It goes back to the pre-Deplorables having a fit when AARP backed the ACA.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 7:10 PM

AARP is all about defending Social Security and Medicare, so of course Republicans are gonna hate.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 7:27 PM

Ironic considering all those geezers are using SS and Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 7:36 PM

Besides what R9 has pointed out, AARP is gay friendly and runs supportive articles. Like this one ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 9:28 PM

... or this one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2020 9:28 PM

AARPs largest source of income is selling insurance. They were accused of taking a position on Medicare Advantage which enabled them to sell thousands of health care policies. I say "accused," don't know their side of the story.,

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 9:42 PM

Did you tell that old bitch to fuck herself?

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2020 10:04 PM

I wish these people would die off already.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2020 10:27 PM

They are one of the preferred part D insurance companies that the local ASO recommends for HIV meds, at least here. That's who I have for my meds.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2020 10:42 PM

They should round up all the old republicans and kill them.

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2020 11:05 PM

I bet she confused it with another organization, OP. Perhaps the ACLU.

I am a member and although I don’t study their discounts, I did discover and use their discount at Ancestry.com, and it was substantial, I think it made up for its yearly fee. I have always had, and used, their roadside service and that’s a relief.

You can join AARP at age 50. I don’t know a lot about them, but I know they advocate for lower Rx prices. They also want to save the ACA, Social Security, and Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2020 11:16 PM

what discounts do they offer?

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2020 11:28 PM

is this an association for retarded people?

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2020 11:34 PM

I don’t join AARP because of their lobbying. Most of the discounts at places can also be used if an AAA member.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 11:34 PM

Pre block her in the nastiest room in your Property .

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2020 11:39 PM

Anything liberal is good. Conservative is almost always bad.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2020 11:40 PM

AARP is full of deplorables who vote to slit their own throats.

Why would anyone want to be a part of that?

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2020 11:41 PM

Funny, because I've always heard that AARP is a conservative co. that lobbies Republicans for stuff.

by Anonymousreply 25January 26, 2020 12:10 AM

AARP, for which I worked for 8 years, is neither liberal nor conservative. It is whatever will make it money. The organization is the greediest "non" profit you will ever see.

by Anonymousreply 26January 26, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] R19: what discounts do they offer?

I can’t remember them all, but you can read it online.

They offer discounted dental insurance, but it was still more than my current plan, discounted as an alumni of my college. As I wrote, they offer discounted Ancestry.com membership. I think the offer discounted movie tickets. But there is a lot of offers. Check out their website and report back.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2020 1:11 AM

Remind her she won't have to worry about AARP, among other things, for much longer.

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2020 2:18 AM

[quote] R19: what discounts do they offer?

I just got an email about this today. He are summaries of companies with some kind of AARP discount or benefit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 26, 2020 4:11 AM

AARP, like most of DC, is neither liberal nor conservative. It just follows the wet-finger-in-the-wind of money.

by Anonymousreply 30January 30, 2020 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!