Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's Friday, so tell me about Kate Jackson.

DL, you are wise and experienced. Please share your collective knowledge of actress Kate Jackson with me.

She is my childhood favorite, and I wish she would return to public life, or at least show that she's OK.

I think growing in rigidly uptight Mountain Brook, AL, made it difficult for her to come to terms with her change in fortune and acknowledge she has struggled.

Please indulge me on this cold and sad evening.

by Anonymousreply 602April 17, 2021 11:35 AM

She's fine! She sends her love, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 9:13 PM

Kate was "the smart one."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 9:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 9:15 PM

She still looks good. I remember reading that she had a pill problem for most of her life. She used the same Dr as Michael Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 9:19 PM

Several years ago, she had her house condemned, which is when it came to light that she's a hoarder. Nothing since then. I hope she got help; she was always my favorite angel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 9:21 PM

Did babydykes across America all respond to her?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 9:30 PM

It only came to light very very recently in a radio interview with Jaclyn posted online (mad I can't find it now but it was in the past 12-18 months, and Cheryl was a surprise call in guest IIRC) that the usually reserved Jaclyn got candid for a moment and bluntly alluded to Kate's craziness in a way that was clear they really weren't close friends (as she and Ladd are) but more work colleagues.

Cheryl has always cautiously but firmly talked about how cold Jackson was to her in their two season overlap. In the Angels episode formula, the four of them often pair up (two Angels work the field, third angel pairs with Bosley), and the Kris-Sabrina teaming is by far the rarest and sometimes in their scenes together they'll be driving or staking out somewhere so Jackson and Ladd don't even have to look at each other in the scene.

Kate doesn't have any contact info on IMDB anymore and she hasn't done an interview in years, not even for a tabloid. If it was money she needed, you'd think someone could do a GoFundMe like they did for Dawn Wells. After all, Kate was on 3 highly successful series.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 11:50 PM

R4 Here's my theory on Dr Klein. He had to stop handing out scripts like candy when Michael died, which of course is the same day Farrah died. Kate's breakdown with her house, etc, was discovered in the following year. I think losing a safe connection to prescription meds may have led her to try less favorable drugs and a downward spiral.

R7 I'll look for the interview. I remember one from years ago where she said Kate went to the beat of her own drummer and was "different." It's sad, because they were close in the 70s-90s.

It seems like her son turned out well, which is more than you can say for many children of celebrities.

Poor Redmond seems destined to crash and burn repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 12:54 AM

[quote]Jaclyn got candid for a moment and bluntly alluded to Kate's craziness ...

Kate IS crazy. Producers stopped hiring her and agents and managers stopped representing her because of her erratic behavior and unreliability. She would miss important appointments and engagements and she would even fail to show up for work, sending people scrambling to try to find her or reach her. She would finally return calls days later with no explanation other than, "Oh, I didn't know," "You never told me," or "My fax machine is out of paper" (these were the days when we faxed schedules and itineraries). I suspected that perhaps it wasn't drugs but early onset dementia that was making her behave this way.

I checked her imdb profile and her last project was in 2007.

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 1:40 AM

Someone said she was writing a book, but never finished it and had to return the money? Any truth to that? I'd have loved to have read her version of the Angels, losing the "Kramer vs Kramer" role,"Making Love", and Andrew Stevens "pulling up a trailer to her home" when they got divorced. I also think she was good friends with Cher for a bit. I bet she has some GREAT stories!

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 1:48 AM

I'm sure she has a lot of stories, hanging out with Liza, Cher, etc. Sleeping with Andrew Stevens.

Anyone ever meet her?

Thanks for helping to entertain me!

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 3:40 AM

I really am fascinated with her. Once on Twitter someone asked Jaclyn Smith if she ever heard from her anymore, and Jaclyn replied "Sadly, no, but I wish her well." That was a bummer. I think Kate is in peril.

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2020 3:46 AM

She did, of all things, a comic book convention in LA a while back. She still looked good.

She sat at a table singing photos (I bought one); she listened patiently, but I think that she seemed uncomfortable ...like what am I doing here?

I didn't keep her long; it wasn't a well attended con, but I told her I thought she was a great actress and I told her about the Frank Miller Daredevil graphic novel; he wrote about Vanessa, the Kingpin's blind wife, "she's beautiful...like Helen of Troy...or Kate Jackson..."

I still have the photo.

by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 3:54 AM

I always thought she was a lesbian...wonder if she had an affair with Dolly Patron. They have a connection.

by Anonymousreply 14January 25, 2020 4:11 AM

I can see why they stay in the closet; if they came out, they'd never be taken seriously as anything other then celebrity lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 15January 25, 2020 4:17 AM

I met her once when she came into the small business where I worked in 1983 or so. She was with actress Marcia Strassman, and it was very clear to the sighted that they were both lesbians. They acted very nice and very dykey.

by Anonymousreply 16January 25, 2020 4:22 AM

She deliberately broke a dinner plate in "Making Love."

by Anonymousreply 17January 25, 2020 4:34 AM

She was on The Rookies TV show, back 1972, before CA

by Anonymousreply 18January 25, 2020 4:55 AM

R18, ironically, Ontkean's character lived down the hall (I think).

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2020 6:16 AM

Yes, R19. Both Ontkean and Jackson were in The Rookies.

She appeared as a ghost on Dark Shadows for its last season and a half, and then in the second (and last) movie after its cancellation, House of Dark Shadows (or was it Night of DS? I always confuse which came first). During the filming of the movie, she and David Selby had an affair that apparently almost broke up his marriage. Thankfully it didn't, and he and Chip are still married today.

I think she's probably a true bisexual, or maybe enough of a narcissist to crave attention and affection no matter the gender.

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2020 11:02 AM

Somewhere, maybe on someone’s Instagram, there is a picture of her and Tanya Roberts at a signing. It’s probably a couple of years ago. I can’t remember if they did the signing together of not, but it was the first time either of them had met. The photo was posted by the fan who was at the signing.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 12:21 PM

Kate had some disturbing work done.

She looks OK but her eyes are messed up. They no longer match. One goes "up" at an alarming angle.

I always liked her and am sorry for her current mental state.

And it was her bank account Andrew Stevens backed his trailer up to.

What a douche. And a teeny tiny one at that.

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2020 12:43 PM

I wish someone could find a recent picture of her. I think she might perhaps have dementia or something.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2020 1:10 PM

Hopefully, she'll get caught hiding in a neighbor's bush, like Margot Kidder.

Does Kate have all her teeth?

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2020 2:06 PM

A couple of years ago there was a thread about an online sale of her stuff coordinated by a longtime fan. It was basically just crap that she signed with a Sharpie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2020 2:19 PM

As I recall she sued her business advisor. I guess they settled out of court, but she said his actions ruined her financially. If she was in such bad financial shape then what the hell is she living on now, besides social security?

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2020 2:52 PM

Kate worked more than enough to draw a Screen Actors Guild pension. That along with her SS check she may get, along with residuals (although I'm sure those don't add up to all that much anymore) she can get by on. Creditors can't touch SS or pension income unless it's for the government.

She has more resources than your average down-on-their-luck person.

by Anonymousreply 27January 25, 2020 3:06 PM

Loved her on Dark Shadows as Daphne - and she and David Selby had amazing chemistry. I even thought as a kid they were probably lovers off screen. It was said co-star Grayson Hall encouraged their relationship. David got appendicitis during the last few weeks of DS and Kate sat by his side - where was his wife? She was also someone (like Donna Mills who also started on soaps) I could see having a great tv career, if not a film actress.

by Anonymousreply 28January 25, 2020 3:20 PM

We just had a thread about KJ, OP. Did we need another?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 25, 2020 3:21 PM

She was my favorite Angel, and I thought she was really beautiful. I also thought she did a great job in "Making Love." She should have had a film career after that.

by Anonymousreply 30January 25, 2020 3:25 PM

She managed to get 2 Emmy noms for Lead Actress in a Drama Series...for Charlie's Angels. Getting that kind of a result out of those scripts is certainly a tribute to her talent.

by Anonymousreply 31January 25, 2020 3:55 PM

R26, that financial advisor was Farrah's business manager, and supposedly, he ended up not having to pay Kate a dime. She contended the he convinced her to buy a home in Santa Monica that she couldn't afford, that he told her the home would never lose value, and that he overestimated her worth and told her she could live off the interest of her $4.5 million savings. Well, the house lost value and the bulk of her savings was eaten up by her underwater mortgage.

Kate, honey, many of us did the same thing--we bought homes we couldn't afford and we inflated our incomes to get those subprime mortgages, and when the housing market tanked, we all ended up underwater, but we certainly didn't have $4.5 million to live off of. Should we have sued our advisors and real estate agent? We all knew the risks and took a gamble. Sour grapes.

by Anonymousreply 32January 25, 2020 4:07 PM

I'm waiting on something here in LA that could get me out of my crappy rent controlled apartment, but I think if I ever make some serious bucks I'll think more than twice about overspending.

If I don't end up keeping this place, I'll get a one bedroom condo somewhere with every freaking modern convenience in the world and then invest the rest.

by Anonymousreply 33January 25, 2020 9:57 PM

probably one of her Emmy noms was for Angel in Love where Sabrina goes undercover and falls in love with bank robber hijacker Peter Haskell.

She has to give the gun to Kelly to cover him after the truth comes out, devastated that a man she's grown to love is on the wrong side of the law.

Simple stuff that would play today. She had great training, great instincts. She made great choices. Farrah needed a script like the Burning Bed to shine.

I was so sad when she came back to TV as Amanda King on Scarecrow and Mrs. King. I figured this is going to last for a few years and no movie career.

That moment when she and Farrah and Jaclyn came out on stage for the Spelling tribute was fantastic. 27 years, I think, after Charlie's Angels debuted and they all look great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 25, 2020 10:55 PM

When the Charlie's Angels Emmy tribute to Spelling was in the planning stages, Farrah was being wishy-washy and wouldn't commit, so Cheryl was approached, and she being a loyal friend of the Aaron and Candy, was game. Should Farrah ultimately say yes, they would've brought out all four. However, when Kate got wind of this, she nixed the idea and insisted that when people think of CA, they think of the originals, Farrah, Kate, and Jaclyn, not the replacements. So Kate contacted Farrah and convinced her to do the show.

by Anonymousreply 35January 26, 2020 12:51 AM

I don't get Kate's hard on for Farrah and dislike of Cheryl.

There's no way Kate could have respected Farrah as an actress; she was horrible on CA; couldn't pull off a convincing undercover role. Giggled all the time, she fell back on that laugh.

I think the first season of CA gave the Angels some backstories -- Kelly was an orphan who couldn't commit to Tom Selleck; Sabrina had an ex-husband AND a dad. Not sure about Jill.

Farrah wasn't well spoken in the clip; kind of made it about herself and what she went through. Cheryl would have been much better spoke and as she was on FOUR seasons of CA, no one would have found her presence glaring. I do agree it was best to only have three Angels come out for the tribute but Kate, Jaclyn and Kris would have been fine, in fact, even better.

The show did not hit No. 1 until Ladd joined it, btw.

by Anonymousreply 36January 26, 2020 1:24 AM

A couple days ago on Twitter, someone asked Jaclyn if she knows where Kate Jackson is. She said, "I do, and we've stayed in touch through the years. I am proud to still call her a friend."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 1, 2020 7:33 PM

It's nice that Jaclyn is still in touch with Kate. She's answered a few tweets about their relationship.

I didn't realize that Kate's friendship with Liza started back in the early 70's, during her Rookie days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38February 7, 2020 2:17 AM

That photo of Liza and Kate pings for me, quite loudly and clearly.

Les-be friends, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 39February 7, 2020 3:43 AM

Once upon a time, Cher and Kate were besties. I wonder if they still keep in touch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 7, 2020 3:55 AM

Yes, R6. All the women I had a crush on while growing up have ended up being gay/bisexual except Nancy McKeon. I now have my doubts about her.

by Anonymousreply 41February 7, 2020 4:09 AM

Cher looks like she's going to devour Kate for dessert in this photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2020 11:28 PM

New (to me) Kate Jackson fact:

"2. She came up with the name "Angels."

After her popular role on the series The Rookies, producer Aaron Spelling secured Jackson as the centerpiece of his next series, an action show about three female private investigators. The working title was The Alley Cats. But Jackson, who had some creative say in the development, was no fan of the title. In one meeting, she looked at a painting of cherubs hanging behind Spelling's desk and suggested, "How about Angels?" The show then became Harry's Angels, but the existence of a series called Harry O forced the final edit to Charlie's Angels."

by Anonymousreply 43March 18, 2020 7:30 AM

I've heard that 70s lesbians were crazy for Kate Jackson, and looking at photos I can understand why. There was just something kind of dykey about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 18, 2020 7:46 AM

Kate had incredible chemistry with David Selby. Their DS love scenes were REAL.

by Anonymousreply 45March 18, 2020 11:55 AM

For the past month or so, I've been watching season 1 of The Rookies, the 70s-era series in which she starred opposite Michael Ontkean, Georg Stanford Brown and Sam Melville (who played her husband). She played a nurse and there wasn't much to the part but I find her really interesting. I'm not surprised Aaron Spelling booked her for Charlie's Angels immediately following The Rookies' demise.

by Anonymousreply 46March 18, 2020 1:20 PM

Fun fact: Sam Melville, who played Kate's husband on THE ROOKIES, also played her ex-husband on SCARECROW & MRS. KING

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 18, 2020 5:54 PM

I thought Sam Melville was handsome. He kinda pinged for me.

by Anonymousreply 48March 18, 2020 6:03 PM

That Kate Instagram fan page has a pic of Kate, Cheryl and Jaclyn at the People's Choice Awards in 1992 where Aaron Spelling was honored. I guess Farrah declined to appear, and they went with Cheryl. I bet Kate wasn't too happy about that. But, I guess she didn't hate her enough to back out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 18, 2020 6:09 PM

Please share more Kate Jackson info. I'm delighted when new things are added and could use happy distraction during quarantine.

by Anonymousreply 50March 21, 2020 10:15 PM

The last time I saw her in anything was on an episode of Bravo’s Shear Genius, in which she was a guest judge (Jaclyn was the show’s host).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 22, 2020 1:47 AM

r10 [quote] In 2010, Gallery Books Publishing announced the release of Kate Jackson's biography, The Smart One. After countless postponements, the book is due to be published in December 2020.

I came across the info just now, it's from an article published August 2019 - hopefully accurate!

by Anonymousreply 52March 22, 2020 3:45 AM

I was so Farrah crazy at the time.I actually remember thinking Kate was almost plain in comparison.Now when I see photos of her I think she’s absolutely stunning.Of course back then it was very clear she was far and away the best actor!

by Anonymousreply 53March 22, 2020 4:16 AM

R53 That's like saying Nick was the best Jonas Brother! lol

by Anonymousreply 54March 22, 2020 4:25 AM

R52 I followed the book's release dates for years.

I had heard it was finally scraped.

I don't think she can get it together enough to finish it.

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2020 6:59 AM

That's too bad, R55.

I wrote a book and you have to power through and finish it.

It's hard writing and harder writing 'the end'

but you gotta.

by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2020 7:36 AM

Kate was suppose to be at the Chiller Theatre autograph show next month, damn Coronavirus

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2020 12:12 PM

Kate Jackson has been a recluse for over fifteen years.

There have been stories of mental instabilty, drug use, and hoarding.

I really don't think she's capable of finishing a book or even showing up at a chiller convention.

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2020 6:44 AM

I'm a hoarder, a year ago I hired a home organizer and we threw out maybe 40-50% of the stuff that needed to go.

I've been splitting my time between coasts to do some parental caretaking so, I never seem to be here for as long as I wanted.

Now, thanks to coronavirus (I work from home, thank goodness), I'm on top of it again. Am hoping to get another big chunk done in the coming weeks...and months...

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2020 11:06 PM

It's Friday again!

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2020 9:11 PM

And Kate still hasn’t left the house.

But then again neither have I.

I guess she WAS the smart one!

by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2020 9:38 PM

The hoarders and the agoraphobics have had shelter in place down to an art. They should be teaching master classes in this for the rest of us during this time.

by Anonymousreply 62March 28, 2020 12:09 AM

if this quarantine lasts three months and I don't have my apartment in order by then, then I never will.

by Anonymousreply 63March 28, 2020 4:33 AM

Another Friday at home.

I hope Ms. Jackson is safe from the the corona.

by Anonymousreply 64April 25, 2020 2:15 AM

R64 I'm sure Kate is mostly staying in and she seems the type that would play it safe if going out, wearing a mask and gloves.

by Anonymousreply 65April 25, 2020 2:55 AM

Someone is selling a yearbook from Kate Jackson's senior year.

I wonder who Mammy is. I'm betting she had a southern childhood like seen in The Help.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 25, 2020 5:41 PM

Or...R66, it's a Pancake House.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 25, 2020 7:30 PM

Please someone do a Covid wellness check on known bipolar addict and hoarder KJ.

by Anonymousreply 68April 28, 2020 6:31 AM

They should stunt cast her on Will & Grace in place of Mulally.

by Anonymousreply 69April 28, 2020 7:46 AM

Grace shows up at Kathy Calloway's (special guest star Kate Jackson) apartment for a consult on redecorating it, but she's stunned to find that Kathy's a hoarder -- only Kathy doesn't see it!

Meanwhile, Will and Jack get jobs at the local health club as trainers.

by Anonymousreply 70May 2, 2020 5:32 AM

Can you do a different thread for each Angel, until we run out, be that of angels or days? Something about Jacklyn Smith says “Wednesdays” to me.

by Anonymousreply 71May 2, 2020 5:38 AM

Farrah Fridays!

by Anonymousreply 72May 2, 2020 6:19 AM

R72 Alpha Kate has already staked a claim for Fridays, and anyways it doesn’t always need to be all alliteration all they time. Also Farrah trying to take away Friday’s just screams more me, me, me like leaving the show early. She has six other days to her choosing

by Anonymousreply 73May 2, 2020 6:31 AM

R73, Do want you want then. I’m going to go hang out with John Forsythe until this gets straightened out.

by Anonymousreply 74May 2, 2020 7:38 AM

Kate Jackson was a serious girlfriend of Edward Albert at one time.

by Anonymousreply 75May 2, 2020 7:51 AM

R75 Better Edward Albert than Edward Albee, it sounds like he was horrible to Terrance McNally.

by Anonymousreply 76May 2, 2020 8:44 AM

I know it’s not Friday, but here’s and update on Kate. This message was posted to Facebook by the guy who is now managing her appearances at autograph shows - he had her booked into the Chiller show that was supposed to happen a few weeks ago and was cancelled due to COVID.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77May 11, 2020 11:12 PM

Busy being a mother? What age is her son?

by Anonymousreply 78May 11, 2020 11:26 PM

24 or 25, depending on what month he was born R78. She adopted him in 1995, so it must have been an infant adoption.

by Anonymousreply 79May 11, 2020 11:39 PM

Sure sounds like a pill 💊 problem to me!

by Anonymousreply 80May 12, 2020 12:17 AM

I’ve always loved her crisp style.

by Anonymousreply 81May 12, 2020 12:43 AM

I've always liked her. Isn't the son special needs? That would explain why she might have to devote so much time, with little time for other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 82May 12, 2020 12:52 AM

Has the Scarecrow commented yet?

by Anonymousreply 83May 12, 2020 12:55 AM

Big week for Kate -- it was Bruce Boxleitner's birthday.

by Anonymousreply 84May 15, 2020 11:48 PM

Does anyone know where Kate is living these days?

by Anonymousreply 85May 16, 2020 12:03 AM

R85 In a van, down by the river?

by Anonymousreply 86May 16, 2020 12:44 AM

Seems like a lot of female celebrities go into hiding when their looks start to fade or their facelifts go bad. I thought Kate was above all this.

by Anonymousreply 87May 16, 2020 6:06 PM

The strangest female celebrity PS to me is Patricia Cornwell and Jane Wagner (Lily Tomlin's wife). You write for a living and you're a lesbian. You got the golden ticket out of such shallow concerns.

by Anonymousreply 88May 16, 2020 6:11 PM

Patricia Cornwell is a freak show now! She was a very pretty woman but she ruined her face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89May 16, 2020 7:03 PM

They all get that same look with eyelifts, as if their eyes are fleeing their temples for sanctuary in the shadow of their nose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90May 16, 2020 7:06 PM

These interviews must have been filmed well over 10 years ago, there's some good moments with Kate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91May 17, 2020 7:42 AM

I wish the Angels would reunite for a TV movie. Kate, Jaclyn and Cheryl in "Angels 2020"

fuck that bullshit with Kristen Stewart.

by Anonymousreply 92May 19, 2020 1:01 AM

You know they’re like 85 years old now...?

by Anonymousreply 93May 19, 2020 1:35 AM

R92 “Once upon a time, there were three senior citizens who lived in the retirement community, and they were each assigned very hazardous dining room seatings, I took them all away from that....”

by Anonymousreply 94May 19, 2020 1:53 AM

Everybody from that era is in their dotage now. Well, the ones who are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 95May 19, 2020 1:54 AM

Cheryl, Kate and Jaclyn could still make some money if they appeared together in something, especially a reunion movie (maybe Netflix?). They're all just over 70 now but they look okay. Jaclyn doesn't need the money but she'd do it for nostalgia. Cheryl would do it if Jaclyn did, and she could probably use some money. Kate definitely needs money, but she's always refused to participate in anything with Cheryl.

by Anonymousreply 96May 19, 2020 1:58 AM

I’d rather see a reboot of Scarecrow and Mrs. King with silver fox granddaddy Bruce Boxleitner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97May 19, 2020 2:12 AM

That TV Tales is a time capsule in itself. All six of them have had plastic surgery at that point. All of them are still saying extremely positive things about the show, and euphemizing or barely alluding to the tough times (they let others speak about that--note how it is the one person who wasn't there, the author of the CA book, who the documentarians use to really spill tea and say things on camera the others didn't/wouldn't say). Spelling was still alive, and thus, still able to give them jobs. Only Doyle had died, but Ladd didn't cry about him the way she did in a later retrospective interview.

Cheryl's face is tight as a drum and she's got her bangs to cover her forehead and she's working her swingy fake ponytail. Kate's got cat-eyes from her surgery. But it's before Jaclyn's later drastic facial revisions, she still looks like herself, but requires the lighting/soft focus that none of the others get. Farrah seems to be in a rough place when her interview was shot. Shelley's sang-froid hadn't yet melted, and Tanya's just older and less redheaded/more blonde.

by Anonymousreply 98May 19, 2020 3:01 AM

Charlie's Angels was before my time. Was it a popular show with gay guys of that era?

by Anonymousreply 99May 19, 2020 3:18 AM

Bravo, R98.....you nailed it!

by Anonymousreply 100May 19, 2020 7:36 AM

[Quote] Was it a popular show with gay guys of that era?

No, just lesbian prison wardens.

by Anonymousreply 101May 19, 2020 12:19 PM

[quote] You know they’re like 85 years old now...?

If Angela Lansbury can solve crimes so can they.

by Anonymousreply 102May 19, 2020 5:11 PM

In the hour and a half (!) doc above, Kate does seem... a spitfire. She was easily the most charismatic of the angels interviewed.

Leonard Goldberg looked better in old age.

Farrah never had an attractive nose but it became a shark fin as she aged (and surged).

What the fuck was up with Fred Silverman's ear?

by Anonymousreply 103May 19, 2020 5:16 PM

After watching the doc, it makes sense to me why Kate held Cheryl at arm's length. I didn't realise that Fawcett became a sensation in the wake of the TV movie pilot, before the series even premiered... Kate probably expected Cheryl to be Farrah Mk II (i.e. not to be trusted, could jeopardize the show).

by Anonymousreply 104May 19, 2020 5:19 PM

According to the TV Movie made about the Angels behind the scenes Kate threw a Rona Barrett Hollywood magazine across her trailer upon hearing the news that Farrah had left the show.

by Anonymousreply 105May 19, 2020 5:28 PM

Farrah jumped the gun too soon. She should've stayed with Charlie's Angels for another couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 106May 19, 2020 8:48 PM

Why? It wouldn't have set her up for anything afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 107May 19, 2020 8:52 PM

The doc above says that Farrah got 150k for each of her 6 guest star shots. She made 5k per episode in the first season.

by Anonymousreply 108May 19, 2020 8:52 PM

Farrah didn't really do much for several years after she left the show. She could've been making money.

by Anonymousreply 109May 19, 2020 8:55 PM

She made a million dollars for her first movie after "Charlie's Angels". Wiki dates it as 1977, so it's incorrect to say she didn't do nothing for years afterward, nor did she earn no money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110May 19, 2020 9:00 PM

Who remembers that movie? It was a huge bomb.

by Anonymousreply 111May 19, 2020 9:16 PM

[Quote] Who remembers that movie? It was a huge bomb.

What Farrah Fawcett movie wasn't a bomb? More Charlie's Angels wouldn't have helped her movie career. Did it help Kate's? Jaclyn's?

by Anonymousreply 112May 19, 2020 9:20 PM

She could've stayed on a hit show, though. She was never going to be a movie star. Back in those days tv stars didn't become movie stars, with only a few exceptions like Sally Field.

by Anonymousreply 113May 19, 2020 9:26 PM

[Quote] She was never going to be a movie star.

She made more money from those flop movies (and the guest stars slots on CA) than if she'd stayed on the show. And she kept her status as a Charlie's Angel in popular culture.

by Anonymousreply 114May 19, 2020 9:35 PM

I don't know why everyone was so tough on Cheryl Ladd. I was a big Farrah fan during the show's run, but never disliked Cheryl. She was great fit for the show. Kate Jackson's two replacements were much more awkward.

by Anonymousreply 115May 20, 2020 4:21 PM

Who would have been a perfect replacement for Kate Jackson?

by Anonymousreply 116May 20, 2020 4:23 PM

[quote]She was never going to be a movie star. Back in those days tv stars didn't become movie stars,

You're forgetting John Travolta. And Ron Howard, who left Happy Days and reinvented himself as a popular, acclaimed director.

Aaron got Farrah the Goldie Hawn role if Farrah agreed to stay on CA.

Kate was the original choice to do the Meryl Streep role in Kramer vs. Kramer. But they refused to let her out of the show to do it.

It's quite possible that they would have had decent movie careers.

by Anonymousreply 117May 20, 2020 4:54 PM

But they DIDN'T r117. Like 99% of tv stars back then.

by Anonymousreply 118May 20, 2020 5:17 PM

how could Kate have respected any of her co-stars as actresses?

Jaclyn was serviceable; Cheryl could be good.

Farrah? Jill laughed through most of the storylines.

by Anonymousreply 119May 20, 2020 6:05 PM

I know it's only Thursday, but I just couldn't wait!

by Anonymousreply 120June 4, 2020 8:05 PM

It's Friday! Let's gooo!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 5, 2020 4:40 AM

R116, she never would have done it, but another Kate, Kate Mulgrew would have been great. She was in Mrs. Columbo because Silverman was such a fan of Ryan's Hope.

by Anonymousreply 122June 5, 2020 5:01 AM

They Shelley Hack-ed when they should have Morgan Fairchild-ed.

by Anonymousreply 123June 5, 2020 5:04 AM

what amazes me is the show never delved much into the personal lives of the Angels after season 1.

We know that Sabrina had an ex and a dad; Kelly was adopted. Why not explore those?

by Anonymousreply 124June 6, 2020 6:06 AM

They should bring back all 5 women for a reunion TV movie along with a shovel they could use to either dig up Farrah or recast her character with (though there wouldn't be much of a difference).

by Anonymousreply 125June 6, 2020 7:50 AM

R125 They could get Heather Locklear.

by Anonymousreply 126June 10, 2020 3:19 AM

Jaclyn Smith never invited Kate back to her home after she stepped on Bootsy Gumdrop's tail.

by Anonymousreply 127June 10, 2020 3:25 AM

They 15-25 years too late for a reunion movie. They all too old now.

Leonard Goldberg said in 1986 that he'd pay them a million each to do a reunion movie. He made it clear he was only interested in the first 4 Angels (Kate, Farrah, Jaclyn and Cheryl) but also conceded it was unlikely 3 of the 4 would agree to do it (he was right).

I suspect Kate and Farrah were the holdouts. I think Jaclyn and Cheryl would've done it. If they've would've excepted Shelley and Tanya, they probably would have as well (especially Tanya).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 10, 2020 4:14 AM

In the early 2000s, I was a teacher at Kate Jackson's son's elementary school. He wasn't in my class, I never had direct contact with with her.....but I saw her around all the time. She was weird! She walked around in sunglasses, turtlenecks & hats (even if was 90+ degrees) like, "don't speak to me." Like she was Zsa-Zsa Gabor or something.

by Anonymousreply 129June 10, 2020 9:05 AM

R129 I thank you for sharing a crazy KJ story. I suspect there are many more...

by Anonymousreply 130June 10, 2020 10:00 AM

Love her! and her crazy!

by Anonymousreply 131June 10, 2020 11:14 AM

She was working on a case, r129!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132June 10, 2020 12:48 PM

And here we find ourselves on another Friday night. I hope you are well and have some thoughts to share with the group regarding Ms. Kate Jackson.

R129 Love the real life story. It's nice she was there a lot and involved, even if she was odd about it. Did the other teachers share gossip?

I wonder when things shifted for her. Some people experience mental issues following open heart surgery, which she had in the mid-1990s. Her mother died in the late 1990's, not long after she adopted her son, and they had been very close.

I also read that she had been on vacation at Martha's Vineyard with her son, and decided to extend their stay. Their original plane tickets to return home were on American Airlines Flight 11, which was hijacked and crashed into the North Tower of the WTC.

Maybe that close call pushed her over the edge mentally.

by Anonymousreply 133June 12, 2020 11:50 PM

Lovely little interview about "Making Love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134June 13, 2020 4:35 AM

Thanks, R134 -- I'm a big fan and I'd never seen that interview before!

by Anonymousreply 135June 13, 2020 5:13 AM

R133, Seth MacFarlane was set to fly on one of the doomed flights; he misread the departure time as the boarding time. he's said that he's missed half the flights he's been booked on in life so he didn't see it as any divine intervention.

My 911 story is that I flew out of NY at 7 AM that morning and fell asleep on the flight; the airline was supposed to fly us out the night before only weather called it off.

We had to land half way across the country and I ended up taking a bus back.

Poor Kate. She was (is?) a great actress.

by Anonymousreply 136June 13, 2020 5:22 AM

I do believe that there are drugs involved as well as mental illness.

The Enquirer story pointed to this several years back with photos of the hoarding. and KJ and son cruising the streets of the valley in a lowrider.

How far she has fallen from the orange Pinto.

by Anonymousreply 137June 13, 2020 6:10 AM

She should have done THE HELEN REDDY STORY.

Only On Lifetime

by Anonymousreply 138June 13, 2020 6:33 AM

R137 I agree that drugs must have been a factor at some point. For what it's worth, that isn't her son in the car photos. Her son is a cute curly haired guy and not into drugs, etc.

The pics were taken outside of a pharmacy, and it looks to me like the guy is an uber driver or something.

by Anonymousreply 139June 14, 2020 6:25 AM

Are you sure they are not of the son?

Those photos were taken years before Uber became a thing.

Also, please try and track down a photo KJ's curly haired son.

by Anonymousreply 140June 14, 2020 7:00 AM

I'll see if this Instagram link works...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 15, 2020 5:45 AM

R141 Thank you Angel!

by Anonymousreply 142June 15, 2020 9:06 AM

Why did she adopt her son?

is she lacking a vagina, like Jamie Lee Curtis?

by Anonymousreply 143June 15, 2020 2:00 PM

Why do so many folks on here claim it's mental illness?! We simply do NOT know! There seems so much nasty gossipping in the internet about Kate. And we know most of the gossip is not true or totally exaggerated. So please don't support the spreading of lies. I think that is actually what is really difficult for Kate. She's had to deal with a lot of unjustified rumors. Who knows, maybe the lies and rumors is what made Kate retire. I read recently that she is enjoying life out of the public eye. I hope this is true. She deserves happiness. I'm a huge fan and love her a lot.

by Anonymousreply 144July 4, 2020 1:07 PM

R133 Goodness, is that really true that Kate and her son would have been on American Airlines Flight 11 on 9/11 had she not extended her stay at Martha's Vineyard? Never heard about it. I can't even try to imagine how she felt when she heard the devastating news?

Kate's a survivor! Her fight against breast cancer twice, the open heart surgery, 9/11!! Be safe in these trying times, girl! I really want you to be happy!!

by Anonymousreply 145July 5, 2020 11:00 AM

My mother was a waitress at one of the restaurants near the studio. She waited on a lot of celebrities. One day my mother waited on Kate Jackson. When she came home, she said, "Kate Jackson came in today. What a sweetheart, a real doll." My mother also used to work at the MGM commissary.

by Anonymousreply 146July 5, 2020 11:32 AM

Well R144 if Kate were so troubled by it all, she could do her hair and nails, slap some paint on her kisser and go on Oprah Where Are They Now or its ilk. She could turn in the autobiography she'd announced and finally it would be published. Or even simpler, she could start herself a Facebook page as a public figure--even if she had to have one of her fans/friends do the tech part of it, and do a weekly or monthly update. The platform is waiting for her to utilize it, and it's free. She could call her union (SAG/AFTRA) and use one of the programs they have to help seniors navigate tech.

Most of my friends got their cell phones in the late 90s. Surely 20+ years into everyone having one, Kate, or someone near her, has a cell phone with a camera? Do we need to do a GoFundMe? She's only 71, which would have made her early 50s by the time the internet had become omnipresent in our lives. Jac and Cheryl (was just singing God Bless America!) have FB pages, and Tanya does live chats on Facebook and Zoom.

So if she has anything to say, or if she wants to put rumors to rest, no one's stopping her. Those of us who care about her (because of her body of work) would love to hear from her, so we can cheer or help, whatever's appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 147July 5, 2020 5:39 PM

R147 I don't know if Kate Jackson is troubled by it all or not. It's just that the tabloids have been really really nasty with Kate. It seems they won't stop spreading their BS gossip and make it look as if Kate is in peril when she may not be at all. Maybe at some point she was. Maybe not. We don't know. I think it also would be pointless to try to put rumors to rest. Rumors have a momentum especially with the internet. People keep spreading lies it's really sickening to see all the garbage being written about Kate.

Also I think it would take a lot of energy to go back into the spotlight such as being on Oprah or to publish a book or doing interviews when they always come up with the same stupid questions. Kate used to be a high energy person and maybe she still has lots of energy. But in general folks her age like to take things easier. Why bother with the ugly tabloids again when they now seem to have run out of new stories/lies. When it would be almost impossible to make the old rumors go away anyways that these bastards keep spreading.

Oh I'm sure Kate has a cell phone. She and Jaclyn text each other and talk on the phone and meet when possible. Of course I don't know where each of them lives. Probably not in Hollywood anymore. Kate certainly not when she is so successful being out of the public eye. But it looks like she chooses not to be on Facebook and interact with her fans. I'm sure if she did the rag sheets wouldn't be far away always trying to find something to pester her.

Well, I so would loooove to read her memoirs from her childhood, her time in NYC, her road trip all by herself from NYC to LA around 1970, her time on "The Rookies" and of course "Charlie's Angels" and all that goes with it, her groundbreaking movie "Making Love", going back to series like "Scarecrow and Mrs. King" and all her other work she's done. And her ups and downs in her private life. She really would have a great and gripping story to tell with a lot of awesome photos, too. Well, I guess sadly it's not going to happen.

Even though Kate often times came across as an extrovert in her 20s or 30s it looks like she is also an introvert. I once read that she didn’t like to go to those Hollywood parties and being bored by the small talk. She'd rather be home and play the piano or the guitar and do other stuff. I read that when she was on "Charlie's Angels". So now at 71 and after those glory days and the craziness of being famous and the gossip I imagine she is enjoying the freedom of being out of the public eye, at peace with what was. I really hope so.

by Anonymousreply 148July 6, 2020 1:41 PM

She probably yells at the walls. Or at least snarls.

She seems like a bitter bitch.

by Anonymousreply 149July 7, 2020 5:46 AM

R146 Thanks a lot for sharing your mother's story. That's so wonderful. From what I've heard Kate must really have been lovely. Very down to earth even when she was a big star like when your mother met her.

I recently came across this lovely story about Kate. When she was about 21 and worked on „Dark Shadows“ there were two siblings, Kasheba and Johnnie. They were teens and took on Kate’s fan club and became close friends with Kate. She would take them and two other friends to her home on the Lower Eastside in NYC to hang out and play games.They also went ice skating together and did all kinds of stuff. They lost contact when the show went off air but a couple years later they ran into Kate at a party at Studio 54 when she was a Charlie’s Angel. They hugged and Kate told them to call her at the hotel she was staying in NYC but unfortunately she wasn’t there when Kasheba called. Unfortunately she didn’t try to call again and regrets not having stayed in touch with Kate. Kasheba mentioned Kate’s beauty and her beautiful personality.

by Anonymousreply 150July 7, 2020 8:01 AM

R148 I don't believe Jaclyn Smith has talked to, texted, or seen Kate Jackson in years.

PS from the hoarding photos in The Enquirer I believe she only smashes pianos and guitars.

Love Kate, but that homespun tale is too much....

Considering the bipolar, the rage, and the possible pill-popping.

by Anonymousreply 151July 7, 2020 8:21 AM

R34 Thank you for this! I LOVE your comment! Everything! So so true!

by Anonymousreply 152July 7, 2020 3:21 PM

R151, in the past couple months, Jaclyn was asked on Twitter if she'd been in touch with Kate recently, and she replied that she was and that "I'm proud to call her my friend."

by Anonymousreply 153July 7, 2020 9:35 PM

R151 Where is the reliable source about the assumed bipolar, the rage and pills? The Enquirer is awful! Reliable sources please.

by Anonymousreply 154July 7, 2020 10:27 PM

The truth is, Jaclyn does’t like Kate so much because she swatted Bootsy Gumdrops once in the middle of a rant.

It was the first and last time Jaclyn had Kate over to her house.

by Anonymousreply 155July 7, 2020 10:35 PM

Her marriage and later, divorce from Andrew Stevens cost her a fortune. Andrew preferred to spend rather than work.

by Anonymousreply 156July 8, 2020 12:36 AM

R154 fair enough regarding the Enquirer.

Kate has a notorious reputation on sets for being trouble. Mood swings, argumentative, and downright crazy that is well-documented.

When I saw the hoarding drug house photos the maid took it made sense.

by Anonymousreply 157July 8, 2020 5:55 AM

[quote]r156 Her marriage and later, divorce from Andrew Stevens cost her a fortune. Andrew preferred to spend rather than work.

You think this comes cheap?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158July 8, 2020 6:17 AM

Didn't she have that cheap lingerie line line at K-MART once?

by Anonymousreply 159July 8, 2020 7:00 AM

R157 The fact that The Enquirer even exposed her is what troubles me the most!! It's very cruel! How could they do that? They should be deeply ashamed of themselves! It happened 10 or 11 years ago. And the way people keep talking about it makes it look as if it all just happened. And to make a diagnosis based on rumors is awful, too! So many so called experts on the internet…

Someone who knows Kate said she is enjoying life out of the public eye. And he had dinner with her in February 2020 and she looked great and is doing fine.

by Anonymousreply 160July 8, 2020 7:54 AM

All Kate has to do to refute the rumors is allow cameras to be installed in every room of her house for a month, and let the Nation be the judge.

by Anonymousreply 161July 8, 2020 2:37 PM

[quote] Didn't she have that cheap lingerie line line at K-MART once?

That was Jaclyn Smith.

by Anonymousreply 162July 8, 2020 2:58 PM

Whose net worth is probably at least $100M, R162, maybe more. The clothes, the home decor, the wigs, the skincare--not to mention her husband's heart surgeon money and any money they've made from passive investments.

She need never drag her ass to the set at 5 am again. Good for her, especially when you think about what she started with.

by Anonymousreply 163July 8, 2020 9:50 PM

R148 Jaclyn is still in touch with Kate.

by Anonymousreply 164July 8, 2020 10:29 PM

A line of Kate Jackson lingerie sounds awful.

Turtlenecks, fine. French cut panties, no. (Not in her wheelhouse.)

by Anonymousreply 165July 8, 2020 10:37 PM

R163 she didn’t come from nothing like most of these people actually. She’s from an upper middle class family from Houston and her father was a Jewish dentist.

Maybe that’s why she was comparatively more well adjusted and not so fame hungry.

by Anonymousreply 166July 9, 2020 3:19 AM

Kate’s three husbands all had quite athletic bodies. Can’t blame her :-)

by Anonymousreply 167July 9, 2020 5:06 AM

So what was the deal with her marriage to Andrew Stevens? (Love Stella)

Was it a bearding situation? Never believed Andrew would be attracted to her (his type is slutty airheads) and always believed Kate was too smart to be tricked by a pretty boy grifter.

by Anonymousreply 168July 9, 2020 5:55 AM

I bet Kate weilded a mean strap on.

Stevens earned every penny.

by Anonymousreply 169July 9, 2020 6:17 AM

R168 According to Kate while they still were together: "Before we knew what hit us, we were madly, passionately in love." They had only dated for 6 weeks and then got married.

Why did they break up? I think he broke her heart.

You are right. Kate wasn't his type. After Kate there were really these slutty airheads. Well, I guess he is opportunistic and Kate was famous. Go figure. And then that creep took A LOT of her money. It's all I need to know about Stevens.

by Anonymousreply 170July 9, 2020 7:11 AM

[quote]r170 I guess he is opportunistic and Kate was famous. Go figure. And then that creep took A LOT of her money.

I know some want to make Stevens look like a villain because he broke up with their poor Sabrina Duncan, but he was a celebrity, as well, and worked steadily throughout their years together. It's not like he was a layabout freeloader.

Where do those stories come from?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171July 9, 2020 8:12 AM

Jackson also looked old enough to practically be Stevens' mother ... though his real life mother (Stella Stevens) was actually sexy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172July 9, 2020 8:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173July 9, 2020 8:23 AM

R172 Wow Kate looks sexy! Beautiful couple but he was too young.

by Anonymousreply 174July 9, 2020 8:31 AM

She was a chicken hawk.

by Anonymousreply 175July 10, 2020 2:39 AM

R166 I didn't mean her family lineage, I meant whatever natural talent she had. She's beautiful though.

by Anonymousreply 176July 10, 2020 2:49 AM

R151 Jaclyn and Kate are still friends.

@realjaclynsmith June 26, 2018 We all see each other when we can, but I would love to see them more. I just got a text from Kate with a Randy Newman song...did you know she sends the best texts? #AskJaclyn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177July 10, 2020 5:18 AM

R151

@realjaclynsmith July 18, 2018 Yes! I haven't in a while because he went to college. He is a great young man, Kate and him are very close. It's great to see! #AskJaclyn

by Anonymousreply 178July 10, 2020 5:23 AM

R151

@ShuemateKarla August 21, 2019 @realjaclynsmith #AskJaclyn- are you still in contact with Kate Jackson?

August 21, 2019 Absolutely! We stay in touch as much as we can.

by Anonymousreply 179July 10, 2020 5:28 AM

R151

@realjaclynsmith December 6, 2019 Actually I had lunch with @RealCherylLadd and I spoke with Kate on the phone yesterday. I love how the holidays bring everyone together.

by Anonymousreply 180July 10, 2020 5:32 AM

Did we mention that I won her what could have been her Oscar for Kramer Versus Kramer?

by Anonymousreply 181July 10, 2020 6:14 AM

R181 You are one lucky gal, M, aren't you. Well, about time to say thank you to Kate.

by Anonymousreply 182July 10, 2020 6:36 AM

M had already been cast in the film (either in Jane Alexander or Jobeth Williams’ role.)

She would have won the Oscar for that, even if Kate Jackasson played the part of Joanna.

by Anonymousreply 183July 10, 2020 6:43 AM

Has anybody here read the novel Kramer Vs. Kramer? The character of Joanna, as written, was dead-on Kate Jackson. She would have been perfect.

I think she got the offer because she was dating Dustin Hoffman at the time.

by Anonymousreply 184July 10, 2020 6:50 AM

Kate would have been perfect awesome!

Here's what director Robert Benton said: "In the spring of 1978, we had meetings with Kate Jackson [to play Joanna Kramer]. She was terrific, but the network began throwing up obstacles because of their scheduling for Charlie's Angels. We said, "Sooner or later, they are going to make it impossible.“ Which is exactly what Spelling and Goldberg did... What the „Kramer“ team wanted and had found in Kate was quote: "somebody who has an enormous presence and skill“.

by Anonymousreply 185July 10, 2020 6:55 AM

[quote]R184 Has anybody here read the novel Kramer Vs. Kramer? The character of Joanna, as written, was dead-on Kate Jackson.

[italic] Streep found the character in the novel and script unsympathetic ("an ogre, a princess, an ass"...)[/italic]

Sounds about right.

by Anonymousreply 186July 10, 2020 6:56 AM

R174 They look really smoking hot in this pic and I think they had a passionate, hot love affair going for a while. Until Kate realized that he was a dough headed sex maniac who was after her status and her money.

by Anonymousreply 187July 10, 2020 12:37 PM

Did she HAVE a ton of money? I think she was initially paid twice what the other two angels were paid, but I thought it wasn’t all THAT much, in Hollywood terms.

(On the other hand, she doesn’t seem like the kind of performer who’d blow a lot of money on cars... or, certainly, clothes.)

by Anonymousreply 188July 11, 2020 5:24 AM

Jackson would have shined in Kramer; she'd have gotten an Oscar nod and maybe even the win.

The competition was: Jane Alexander Margaret Phelps Kramer vs. Kramer Barbara Barrie Evelyn Stoller Breaking Away Candice Bergen Jessica Potter Starting Over and Mariel Hemingway Tracy Manhattan

I thought Bergen was great in Starting Over; hilarious when she thought she could sing. I've never seen Manhattan. I thought Barrie was touching and strong in Breaking Away.

Even if Kate didn't win, she would have gone on to get other great roles. It's too bad. She's a terrific actress.

I don't know whose idea this was, but it was terrific and tasteful given the occasion.

1980s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189July 11, 2020 5:31 AM

R188 I guess during her marriage with Andrew Stevens she had a lot of money but certainly nothing compared to what a big movie star had. Yes, initially Kate got 10,000 $ per episode (not a lot in Hollywood terms) while Farrah and Jaclyn got 5,000 $ each. This was fitting because Kate was already an experienced actress with a couple of films and "Dark Shadows" and "The Rookies" under her belt. She was a pro. While the other girls had to learn their stuff on the show in the course of time. Also Kate was the co-creator of Charlie's Angels. It was her who had come up with the idea to call them Angels and their mysterious boss. Of course Kate never got credited for that. Spelling/Goldberg never paid her anything for her crucial ideas for the show. Without her there'd never have been a show called "Charlie's Angels".

by Anonymousreply 190July 11, 2020 6:51 AM

R189 I so agree with you! Kate would have been awesome in "Kramer vs. Kramer". Her range of acting skills was so terrific. Even given the weak scripts on Charlie's Angels she showcased her talent for comedy and drama. And also in action scenes. She even did a lot of her own stunts. I also loved the subtleties in her acting. She never was boring and owned the screen.

Absolutely, even if Kate didn't win the Oscar, that role would have led to other roles and that's the tragedy about it. She wanted to give her very best as an actress and explore different roles. I can see how not being allowed to do "Kramer vs. Kramer" must have been devastating. The CA executives should really have been ashamed of themselves for doing this to Kate.

The 2006 reunion was wonderful and touching.

by Anonymousreply 191July 11, 2020 7:05 AM

[quote]r191 The CA executives should really have been ashamed of themselves for doing this to Kate.

Why should they sacrifice their investment in their own show so she could go work for someone else?

If you want to blame someone, blame the Kramer team for not shooting in the summer (or whenever her show was on hiatus), when Jackson would be available.

by Anonymousreply 192July 11, 2020 7:23 PM

r94 We can use the Villages in Florida for the retirement community...they never have to go outside the gates to find, sex, drugs, STDs and racism.....a whole season of shows!

by Anonymousreply 193July 11, 2020 7:35 PM

[italic]Charlie's Retirees

by Anonymousreply 194July 11, 2020 7:44 PM

Or 192, split the difference; Joanna wasn't in the film that much.

The courtroom scenes, she walks out, the coffee shop, the end of the film; it's too bad. I think if Kate had tacked on another two years to her Angels contract (which might never have been exercised), then she could have negotiated getting off Thursday afternoons for a few months; she could have filmed Kramer Friday, Sat and Sun and then back to helping Kelly and Kris solve the crimes on Monday morning.

I remember when she played the smoking bitch woman who wanted to adopt Kelly's 'baby' in one episode.

The bad guys were horrified by her.

by Anonymousreply 195July 11, 2020 8:02 PM

LOVE that episode, R195!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196July 11, 2020 8:21 PM

It’s Saturday now, can you put it away for another week please.

by Anonymousreply 197July 11, 2020 8:48 PM

[quote]r195 she could have negotiated getting off Thursday afternoons for a few months; she could have filmed Kramer Friday, Sat and Sun and then back to helping Kelly and Kris solve the crimes on Monday morning.

That would have involved flying back and forth to NYC every weekend. Not only would she have been exhausted, but it would put both projects in jeopardy if either had to shoot late, a flight was cancelled, etc.

by Anonymousreply 198July 11, 2020 9:02 PM

R198 I’m sure that bitch Candy was behind putting her foot down and saying “No way, Jose!” to that idea.

by Anonymousreply 199July 11, 2020 10:02 PM

R199 Who is Jose?

by Anonymousreply 200July 11, 2020 10:53 PM

Sorry, I just imagine Candy Spelling as being very much like Kath & Kim since she has a similar relationship with Tori as does Kath with Kim.

by Anonymousreply 201July 11, 2020 11:18 PM

Warhol wrote of Kate in his diaries... SHADE. Warhol thought she was a sentimental cornball...

by Anonymousreply 202July 11, 2020 11:21 PM

They could have brought on Tori as The Littlest Angel (Jill and Kris' baby sister) while Kate was gone.

Missed opportunity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203July 11, 2020 11:26 PM

FUCK OFF, R197!!

Also.....that was sort of funny.

by Anonymousreply 204July 12, 2020 12:25 AM

R204 On Wednesdays we wear pink and on Fridays we discuss Miss Kate Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 205July 12, 2020 12:36 AM

R198 they did a lot of coke then no big deal.

Oh do tell r202. Although tbh anyone Warhol hates I consider to be a compliment.

by Anonymousreply 206July 12, 2020 4:06 AM

Oh and I'm reading in the Enquirer about Kate Jackson and Andrew Stevens. Kate was out with us at Halston's in Montauk this past weekend.

She was with

by Anonymousreply 207July 12, 2020 11:26 AM

^^ WARHOL google books wouldn't paste into the link ^^ Warhol just mentions Kate was with Yul Brenner's son, ROCK BRENNER

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208July 12, 2020 11:29 AM

Is Andrew Stevens now a lesbian?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209July 12, 2020 11:40 AM

R202 R206 R207 Andy Warhol wrote of Kate in his diaries: Monday, July 20, 1981 ."...Kate was out with us at Halston's in Montauk this past weekend. She was with Rock Brynner, Yul's son. Kate will do things like look at the ocean and say how beautiful it is, or go out alone and stare at the moon or walk along the beach alone and pick up a rock and throw it. (laughs) I'm serious! That kind of corny thing. I don't know. She's from the South, but still..."

I like that! I'm like Kate. I do those things. What's wrong with that? And what does that have to do with being from the South? Warhol's remarks are weird.

by Anonymousreply 210July 12, 2020 12:49 PM

Yer right R210. It's "weird" as in "exceptional." The Warhol Diaries are literally word-for-word and often catty phone chats that Warhol made to Brigid Berlin the morning after a night out. That's just Warhol blathering on — AFTER Warhol dropped names about who was with whom at Halston's party. It's a detail that caught Warhol's eye that he felt worth mentioning. DID YOU SEE THE PHOTOS from Halston's party? Didn't see Warhol in the images tho

by Anonymousreply 211July 12, 2020 12:56 PM

R211 Thanks a lot for the insight! Oh okay. Well, I'm certainly grateful for Warhol to tell these things about Kate. I love it. No, I didn't see the photos of Halston's party? Where can I see them?

by Anonymousreply 212July 12, 2020 1:06 PM

Well, it's Friday. Start talking about me, gays!

by Anonymousreply 213July 17, 2020 9:30 PM

She was on an episode of Match Game '76 on Buzzr TV today.

by Anonymousreply 214July 17, 2020 9:31 PM

Kate never gets any love for her short-running sitcom, Baby Boom. 22 minutes of laughs isn't her thing. But the network must have believed in her, because surely the series rights to a big film like that didn't come cheap, and neither did she, with multiple hit shows under her belt.

by Anonymousreply 215July 17, 2020 10:19 PM

The rumors, etc must be hard to accept and face publicly. Over the years, though, the public has been kinder to celebrities who are humble and honest with their missteps and difficult times. There's no reason for pride to hamper her indefinitely.

While she may enjoy living out of the public eye, after she dies she won't have a chance to tell her side of things. The rumors will come back kicking, and I would hate to see her life and career reduced to some troubled years.

We are all capable of falling apart, there's no shame in that. She could reach others who have had difficult times need inspiration finding their way through.

by Anonymousreply 216July 17, 2020 11:53 PM

^The problem is, I don't think she's found her way through, yet.

by Anonymousreply 217July 17, 2020 11:59 PM

Is this all because her husband was gay in the movie?

by Anonymousreply 218July 18, 2020 12:07 AM

Say what you will, but she dodge a bullet by not being slapped by Dustin Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 219July 18, 2020 12:08 AM

Oh, Match Game! Kate avoids being kissed by Gene while Fannie looks on jealously.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220July 18, 2020 3:12 AM

Bring back Kate for Match Game 2021, Alec Baldwin!

by Anonymousreply 221July 18, 2020 3:17 AM

Part of the reason I suspect she's had problems these years she has been a recluse. She had a lucrative deal to write her autobiography. The title was "The smart one". This was on the Publisher's release schedule for 7-years, it kept being bumped because, Kate could not get it together even with a ghost writer.

by Anonymousreply 222July 18, 2020 3:39 AM

R220 Kate is so beautiful and cute in this show. So young.

by Anonymousreply 223July 18, 2020 9:20 AM

It’s Saturday, time to put this thread away for another week.

by Anonymousreply 224July 18, 2020 9:26 AM

Hey wait a minute! I haven't even had the time to join the discussion yesterday. I need my Kate fix.

by Anonymousreply 225July 18, 2020 11:39 AM

R219 I guess you could be right.

Check this out. Hoffman briefly talks about Kate!! I like that! Looks like many people had no idea it was initially her role.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226July 18, 2020 11:43 AM

First day, first movie, first scene and slap! Would he have done it to Kate?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227July 18, 2020 3:48 PM

R227 I don't think so. I can't explain why, it's just a feeling.

by Anonymousreply 228July 18, 2020 4:11 PM

R227 Kate actually hit Michael Ontkean in "Making Love". But they worked hard on that scene with the director so it didn't just happen out of the blue.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229July 18, 2020 4:44 PM

R216 You are right! And yet I don't know. Of course it would be wonderful if she finally told her side of things. Because it would really bother me to see her life and career reduced to those troubled years. That would be awful. She may have come to terms now and live a good life without the nasty tabloids pestering her. Giving that up now? I imagine it would take a lot of energy and at 71 things are different than when she was a young energetic rising star. I also remember reading that even when she was young all the Charlie's Angels celebrity craziness was getting too much and she was relieved to finally be out and have a low profile for quite a while to finally come down. And even during her heyday she preferred to spend an evening with an intimate circle of friends rather than going to a big Hollywood party (although she did that occasionally). But dang I so want to read her memoirs but I guess it's not going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 230July 24, 2020 3:09 PM

TGIF to all of Kate Jackson's DL fans!

by Anonymousreply 231July 24, 2020 3:15 PM

I slept late this morning & missed Charlie’s Angels on Cozi.

by Anonymousreply 232July 24, 2020 9:35 PM

One of you bitches must subscribe to Star Magazine so we can get the latest scoop from this week's issue!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233July 24, 2020 9:53 PM

R233 The cast of Cocoon 3.

by Anonymousreply 234July 24, 2020 9:56 PM

R233 If those three women did a project together, I would watch the hell out of it. Caruso, not so much.

Kate was clearly caught off guard in the photo, but she looks good to me. I hope she doesn't go get fillers or more surgery. With hair and makeup done, she'd be camera ready. She should get a stylist she trusts if she wants to return to public life.

I wonder if there are more photos of her inside the magazine.

DL, report back!

by Anonymousreply 235July 25, 2020 5:07 AM

R235 you defend Kate to no end. It's time you stop that now and face the truth.

No, it wasn't a bad camera angle on the picture.

Kate was on a 16 day meth binge and the paparazzi caught her out by the trash cans dumpster diving!

It is the only logical explanation for THAT photograph.

by Anonymousreply 236July 25, 2020 6:51 AM

I'm with R235 Kate looks good! The next moment she may have smiled and it would have been a different pic. All she needs is some makeup and the hair done for a public appearance and she'd look great. Always considering her age. Most of us looked our best in our twenties and thirties. It's just a fact, it's life. So the mostly unflattering photos those rag sheets post of elderly celebs just living life are totally unfair. We still remember them from their glory days when they were young and beautiful. And the paparazzi and tabloids want to make us believe that something is wrong with those celebrities because they're older now and not their youthful self anymore? Oh come on now!

by Anonymousreply 237July 25, 2020 7:28 AM

See what you did, M? I hope you're happy. Not that you were miscast as a selfish mother.

by Anonymousreply 238July 25, 2020 7:41 AM

"Making Love" - Roberta Flack

This is such a beautiful song. It was a Top-20 hit in 1982. Written by Burt Bacharach, Bruce Roberts, and Carole Bayer Sager.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 239July 25, 2020 10:07 AM

I looked at the Star Magazine on my town's digital library site. It was just one little blurb, no new info, and no new pictures, just the one from Farrah's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 240July 27, 2020 5:11 PM

R240 See, that's how the fucking rag sheets work! They put a photo on the cover (preferably not a flattering one) and make you believe they have news about a big scandal! And when you buy that stuff. Nothing! Or old stuff or mostly lies!! I don't know when they took that pic of Kate but I bet it wasn't this year. I'm pretty sure they don't have a clue where she is. Definitely not in Hollywood anymore. Well done, Kate! The creeps can't find you haha! Kick their asses the way Sabrina did! Kick 'em hard!! You go girl!

by Anonymousreply 241July 27, 2020 7:44 PM

R241 what is your diagnosis? What was the highest level of education you completed?

by Anonymousreply 242July 28, 2020 1:44 AM

I love you, too. I really do.

by Anonymousreply 243July 31, 2020 3:58 PM

Today’s ‘Angels’ episode is the one where Sabrina gets a bomb belt strapped around her waist!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 244July 31, 2020 4:15 PM

What happened to Kate's eyes? I mean they were always cat like - loved her look back in the day - but now she looks Korean.

by Anonymousreply 245July 31, 2020 4:36 PM

R244 The climax is cool. Sabrina running and jumping into a cold pond to save her life!

by Anonymousreply 246July 31, 2020 6:26 PM

The "boom-boom belt", I remember that one! Fun Fact: Stanley Kamel (Dinsmore) appeared in all three of Kate's shows -- The Rookies, Charlie's Angels, and Scarecrow & Mrs. King.

I also remember it for Kris' fringed, suede halter top which I coveted.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247July 31, 2020 7:21 PM

R239 Beautiful and touching song by Roberta Flack. To me it will always be connected with the last scene of "Making Love". You can see and feel that Zack will always be Claire's big love even though she is married and has a child now and says she's happy. But that look on her face gives it all away. So subtle. That scene gets me every time I watch it.

I also love this video with the instrumental of that song. And photos telling the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248July 31, 2020 11:35 PM

When she played the nurse married to the cop on THE ROOKIES, her character got taken hostage on an almost weekly basis.

by Anonymousreply 249July 31, 2020 11:37 PM

I think the writers for The Rookies had to find ways to get Jill in the story because she was popular with the viewers.

Loved the boom boom belt episode. The bad guy was kinda hot.

by Anonymousreply 250August 1, 2020 3:59 AM

I found this really sweet Youtube comment just recently: "I met Kate Jackson years ago in Memphis. It was in a little club called Blues Alley. I was a young Marine at the time and Kate was at the height of her popularity. A more polite, generous and genuine lady I have never met. There was no press about, no throngs of fans. She was with a few friends enjoying a Saturday night on Beal Street. I approached, politely told her how much I enjoyed her work on TV, and turned to leave. Kate not only acknowledged the compliment, but introduced me to her guests and started a conversation. Not at all what one would expect, and I've never forgotten the cocktail we shared that night so long ago, in Blues Alley...<3"

by Anonymousreply 251August 7, 2020 1:59 PM

Don't know if this has been posted before, but here's Kate with Cher on the Mike Douglas Show (Kate's sexy ex Andrew is there, too):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252August 7, 2020 2:21 PM

Cher and Kate should team up for a female buddy comedy!

by Anonymousreply 253August 7, 2020 11:43 PM

Cher should reach out to Kate. I bet she could help her find a way forward.

They were cute as friends. Man, to hang out with Jane Fonda, Cher, Kate Jackson, and Dolly Parton back in the day. Or hell, right now. I'd die of joy.

by Anonymousreply 254August 8, 2020 2:09 AM

I wonder if Cher and Kate are still friends. I know that Kate once mentioned that when she had open heart surgery in 1994 she was just waking up in the ICU. And no one can call you in the ICU. Well, Cher did!

by Anonymousreply 255August 8, 2020 6:06 AM

When Cher and Kate Jackson were friends say 78-79, there was talk about a TV movie being written for them about two women who travel around the country in a jeep.

God help me that I remember this information.

by Anonymousreply 256August 9, 2020 8:07 AM

R256 Thanks for remembering and sharing! Oh wow, a road movie with Kate and Cher. That would have been heaven.

by Anonymousreply 257August 9, 2020 11:42 AM

I was kind obsessed with Kate Jackson as a kid. I loved her. Is that a sign of being gay?

by Anonymousreply 258August 10, 2020 11:51 AM

R258 No, not necessarily. Millions of all sorts of people were/are obsessed with Kate Jackson. Gays, lesbians, straight men. And straight women who wanted to be like her. No wonder. The woman had that fabulous mix of beauty, talent and charisma.

by Anonymousreply 259August 10, 2020 12:40 PM

Yay it's Kate Jackson Friday!! Here we go! Have you Kate admirers ever seen this awesome 1977 interview? Kate on the Mike Douglas show. Wow, she is so beautiful, charismatic and radiant in this. And big fun! Not sure what guy she talks about. Can't be Andrew Stevens yet. They only met some time in 1978. Mike Douglas also mentions Warren Beatty. Yeah, as we know Kate dated him for a while. Might as well have been around that time. She looks gorgeous! Great personality, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260August 14, 2020 5:35 PM

I was counting the minutes and looking for you with each refresh.

by Anonymousreply 261August 14, 2020 5:40 PM

She was very beautiful - and I always loved her accent - that very slight Southern charm.

by Anonymousreply 262August 14, 2020 5:43 PM

So true! I love her slight Southern accent, too. So charming.

by Anonymousreply 263August 14, 2020 6:00 PM

It's Friday night, and the time is right...to talk about Kate Jackson!

Can't remember if this youtube montage was shared on this thread already or not. Watching it makes me want to cozy up and watch a CA marathon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264August 15, 2020 6:57 AM

Ahh this is such a cool montage! I've watched it countless times. Great it's on Kate's thread now. It's obvious why Kate Jackson has always been the best of all Angels! There are many reasons. Let me just say: she was a fabulous actress and she had that special something that no one else had on the show: charisma!!

by Anonymousreply 265August 15, 2020 7:34 AM

It's Friday! In 1982 Kate took part in a fashion show in NYC! Night of 100 Stars "Fashion Show". Interestingly she was the only Angel to attend. Lots of stars, old and young. Divas and tacky blondes etc. And then at 5:40 Kate Jackson! She looks stunning in that lovely dress in beautiful colors! Gorgeous!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266August 21, 2020 7:01 PM

Kate attended The American Academy of Dramatic Arts in NYC and she and Brad Davis were both in the Class of 1970!

by Anonymousreply 267August 22, 2020 5:12 AM

Oh come on R266 Sticky Vicky Principal was way more fun in that clip then ol wooden Katie!

by Anonymousreply 268August 22, 2020 6:50 AM

She loved those turtlenecks.

by Anonymousreply 269August 22, 2020 6:51 AM

R268 You kidding me! All I see is her usual boring, doll-like Victoria Principal all dressed up in gold and glitter, trying hard to be sexy.

by Anonymousreply 270August 22, 2020 7:34 AM

Rumor was that she was difficult on the set of Baby Boom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271August 24, 2020 6:24 AM

R266, amazing; Kate looks a cross between I'm going to show up, hit my mark, smile and keep moving AND like she'd rather be anywhere else; I don't catch her in the curtain call but there are so many.

Interesting to see so many names I just don't know; some of the women REALLY had fun with the segment; some you can tell had modeling experience.

by Anonymousreply 272August 24, 2020 6:44 AM

If you watch on youtube it takes you to the next one done another year and Jaclyn is in it; she looks stunning of course

So many women involved in this have ties to soaps daytime and prime time: Donna Mills, Joan Van Ark, Linda Gray, Gloria Loring, Deidre Hall, Susan Lucci, Arlene Dahl, Lisa Hartman, Priscilla Presley, Victoria Principal....

ah, the '80s; what an era!

by Anonymousreply 273August 24, 2020 7:13 AM

R271 Oh the rumors and gossip about Kate. There are so many. And they mostly are…rumors and gossip. It's likely because Kate used to work hard and always wanted to do her best. And she expected that from the others, too. Not too much to ask for when you're in a show together and want it to be as good as possible.

by Anonymousreply 274August 24, 2020 12:24 PM

Outside of her Angels cuts, which suited Sabrina and helped balance out the show, Kate looked best with her hair long, dark and sleek - totally brought out the best in her feline features - the mad 80s hair wasn't always wonderful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 275August 24, 2020 12:44 PM

To add to r273's post, Jaclyn enters at around 5:25, just as another Jacqueline, decked out in a bat-winged, fishtailed, shoulder heavy, white satin contraption leaves!

by Anonymousreply 276August 24, 2020 12:52 PM

R272 Most of those women were full of themselves. It's ridiculous. While Kate looked stunning in that lovely dress and jewelry. A warm and sweet smile, radiant. No showing off but humble. One of the reasons I love her!

I think in the curtain call Kate is the second one at 7:42.

by Anonymousreply 277August 24, 2020 6:28 PM

R272 R277 I analyzed the whole thing. Our Kate again at 7:59! As for the rest: the diva and trying-to-be-sexy behavior and some wigs totally cracked me up!

by Anonymousreply 278August 24, 2020 6:49 PM

Who's the kook at the 5:09 point, flailing around the stage and milking every second to make it all about HER?

Eva Gabor wasn't gonna wait for that bitch to get off stage. She was comin' down the stairs!

by Anonymousreply 279August 24, 2020 9:52 PM

I pity the stage manager who had to cue those women.

Joan Collins was smart to do the intro; she didn't get lost in the pack.

I agree. Kate kept it simple, elegant; so many others were HERE I AM!

by Anonymousreply 280August 24, 2020 11:24 PM

It's VERY unusual for Kate to do something like Night of 1000 Stars. Maybe she did it because she was friends with Cher at that time, who was featured.

by Anonymousreply 281August 25, 2020 12:57 AM

it was for charity. maybe that's why?

I have to dig up that episode of CA tonight to watch where she and Boz go undercover to see Kelly (also undercover) at a home for unwed mothers; "I want that baby, John. See that I get it!"

The BAD GUYS cringed at what a bitch Kate was playing!

by Anonymousreply 282August 25, 2020 1:14 AM

R282 Yeah, the episode is "Angel Baby". That really was a cool scene. Sabrina and Boz going undercover as a rich couple. Her smoking, asking for scotch and water, being very rude to the villains. And saying "John?!" Priceless.

And in the same episode another great scene. When Kris shoots the bad guy and then totally struggles because it's the first time she had to shoot someone. Sabrina gently takes the gun from her hands and comforts Kris. Beautiful and touching.

Two totally different scenes. And Kate is totally believable in both situations. Such an amazing actress!

by Anonymousreply 283August 25, 2020 5:58 AM

I wish there had been a Sabrina Duncan spin-off instead of the awful Scarecrow and Mrs King.

by Anonymousreply 284August 25, 2020 6:05 AM

R284 Aww yes, that would have been great!

by Anonymousreply 285August 25, 2020 6:49 AM

Went down a rabbit hole with those Night of 100 Stars videos. I guess that was a time in my life, right after college, where I didn’t really watch TV. Fascinating and disturbing all in one.

by Anonymousreply 286August 25, 2020 7:00 AM

When was the Night of 1000 stars? I don’t remember it

by Anonymousreply 287August 25, 2020 12:24 PM

Kate also appeared in Night of 100 Stars II, in 1985. She appears at 5:36, but be warned, it's her least flattering haircut, ever. She got her money's worth on that one.

by Anonymousreply 288August 25, 2020 10:51 PM

it's actually Night of 100 Stars in 1982 that she appears in at 5:36; I think she looks okay. This was the same year Making Love came out?

at 6:49 God Bless her, Nell Carter comes down the stairs wearing the draperies -- poor thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 289August 26, 2020 4:08 AM

^Danielle Brisebois missing her cue and practically skating over Miss Cicily Tyson!

by Anonymousreply 290August 26, 2020 4:26 AM

R289 I thought Kate looked lovely in this. Yes, it was the same year Making Love came out. It was the last year I thought her hair was still fine before the perms took over (from the 90s on she's had it straight again which is so much better). After that the 80s hairstyles kicked in full throttle OMG... R288 I agree that was her least flattering haircut in 1985. I never liked her hair during the Scarecrow and Mrs. King years. I didn't watch it much either. I never liked the 80s hair and fashion on anyone in general. Not then and not now. NEVER!

I loved the 70s, though! That's why I think Kate's hair was beautiful when she had it long in the first half of the 70s and then of course her Charlie's Angels era. That cool and playful hairstyle, the shiny hair.

by Anonymousreply 291August 26, 2020 6:04 AM

R291, I agree.

I was happy Kate had a series again with Scarecrow & Mrs. King, but...no. It wasn't that good.

They had Sam Melville come on as Mr. King only when Kate went to embrace him she only thought of the Scarecrow...No! That was Jill and Mike Danko together again!

They ruewhened it.

by Anonymousreply 292August 28, 2020 2:43 AM

[quote]R254 Cher should reach out to Kate. I bet she could help her find a way forward.

I’m sure Kate doesn’t answer the door.

by Anonymousreply 293August 28, 2020 2:53 AM

Goodness, here we find ourselves almost at another Friday.

R289 Nell Carter and Kate Jackson were born a month apart and both grew up in Birmingham. They had divergent paths in many ways. I adore them both.

R293 Maybe she won't answer the door, but I bet she'd answer the phone or texts. Oh! I'd watch a reality show where Cher reunites with Kate Jackson and helps her get back on her feet.

by Anonymousreply 294August 28, 2020 3:04 AM

Didn’t she do car commercials in the 90s?

by Anonymousreply 295August 28, 2020 3:11 AM

R293 Wait, Kate has a door on the van she lives in down by the river?

by Anonymousreply 296August 28, 2020 4:36 AM

Isn’t Cher known for ghosting her celebrity gal pals? M, Michele Pfeiffer, Kathy...

by Anonymousreply 297August 28, 2020 4:41 AM

Don't know about Cher, but most celebs ghost.

They don't know how to be friends, mates, parents, children...they're too busy being their own best friend, raising themselves, parenting themselves, etc.

by Anonymousreply 298August 28, 2020 4:44 AM

R294 I adore them, too. Some trolls who hate her keep telling the same old gossip and their "conclusions" to it. They want to see her struggling... But Kate is doing fine. I've read several posts of people who know her, who are in touch with her, who went out for dinner before Covid and who talked with her on the phone. Makes me happy.

by Anonymousreply 299August 28, 2020 6:04 AM

She sure did, R295!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300August 28, 2020 7:41 PM

R299 I would like to read those posts. I saw someone say on Twitter that they had seen recent photos of Kate, but I don't think they're published anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 301August 28, 2020 9:50 PM

Kate was a dried up, bitter cunt at 30.

by Anonymousreply 302August 28, 2020 9:59 PM

Hey, Shelly, we told you you weren't welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 303August 28, 2020 10:01 PM

Dammit Shelley, get your own thread. We can discuss you on the 31st of every month.

by Anonymousreply 304August 28, 2020 10:13 PM

Indeed, R304,

Starting next month...!

by Anonymousreply 305August 28, 2020 10:15 PM

In a 2012 interview, Jaclyn Smith said: "Kate and I improvised a lot together. She was very uh...(laughs) you know she did what she wanted…she would say ok we’re gonna change it, we’re gonna do... Kate could be on the show a little rebellious. Which was fun!! And I think that’s why she’s good! Because she would wanna…surprise us. And with surprise spontaneity and something new comes out."

by Anonymousreply 306August 28, 2020 11:12 PM

That Lincoln commercial demonstrates what a great and distinctive speaking voice Kate has. She should have loads of offers to do voice work (and she wouldn’t even have to leave the house if she no longer wants to be seen!

Fuck, I should have been her agent!

-r284

by Anonymousreply 307August 29, 2020 12:03 AM

here's the first scene of season 2.

Kelly and Sabrina are getting in each other's way as they bicker with Boz over their desire not to work with anyone else -- till they find out she's Jill's sister Kris!

Of course, it could have been in the script or the director's idea, OR it could have been Kate saying, 'Jaclyn, let's get in each other's way...walking back and forth behind David; it'll come off like we sure don't need a third when the two of us keep getting in each other's way.'

Cheryl Ladd was a hit from DAY ONE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 308August 29, 2020 6:23 AM

^GET THAT BITCH OUT OF MY THREAD.

by Anonymousreply 309August 29, 2020 6:26 AM

Was there ever a crossover attempt to have Blake Carrington revealed as Charlie, a rich robber oil baron who had an interest in having female detective solve crime as a hobby away from his CEO duties?

by Anonymousreply 310August 29, 2020 6:34 AM

I've read several posts of people who know her, who are in touch with her, who went out for dinner before Covid

R299 STOP with your fantasy stories. Eating out of the dumpster behind a Baja Fresh with a bunch of other Tweakers is hardly going out to dinner!

by Anonymousreply 311August 29, 2020 7:43 AM

R311 You seem to have issues! Whatever it is it needs work! Get lost, troll!

by Anonymousreply 312August 29, 2020 8:04 AM

R311 Hey, we told Shelley to get the hell off this thread, and now we're telling you, too, Tanya - white trash.

by Anonymousreply 313August 29, 2020 11:11 AM

As a performer, let’s say Jackson lacked warmth.

by Anonymousreply 314August 29, 2020 2:47 PM

R314 I thought that was her trademark, she is one cool cucumber.

by Anonymousreply 315August 29, 2020 2:57 PM

Hollywood was put off by the hard sell spin she put on sex trafficking herself for roles.

She was always licking things lasciviously around producers, and it got old fast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316August 29, 2020 2:57 PM

^ PLOT TWIST!

by Anonymousreply 317August 29, 2020 3:21 PM

It's Saturday and the Shelley trolls keep coming back to our gal's popular Friday thread. They're desperate, trying very hard.... No surprise. Their threads are dried up like Shelley's hair. No more conversation. While our icon's thread has been thriving for months.

by Anonymousreply 318August 29, 2020 3:36 PM

She was the Angel all the closeted gay boys said was the Angel they lusted after most.

by Anonymousreply 319August 29, 2020 3:46 PM

R312 says the ultimate Kate Jackson TROLL.. Your little sound bites from Jaclyn Smith's Twitter are not enough to convince anyone that Kate is safe or sane.

by Anonymousreply 320August 29, 2020 10:33 PM

Why didn't Baby Boom work? Actors far less talented than Kate have had long running sitcoms.

by Anonymousreply 321August 30, 2020 2:45 AM

Don’t know, don’t care.

by Anonymousreply 322August 30, 2020 3:46 AM

The trolls are getting really desperate now. It's quite interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 323August 30, 2020 5:52 AM

R321 it’s very hard to make a movie work as a TV series (especially with a star most would consider irreplaceable). And when they do work it’s usually a not very memorable movie with disposable stars (ie Buffy). Yes, I know there are exceptions but the odds are about 1 in 100.

I remember watching a couple of episodes (they reran it in the summer) and it was hard to get through. Was impressed they still had Sam Wanamaker in it though — that was a nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 324August 30, 2020 6:15 AM

I never saw the TV show BABY BOOM - but Jackson isn’t known to be a comedic actress.

The film version starred a gifted comedienne so shoving Jackson in there sounds like a bad start.

by Anonymousreply 325August 30, 2020 6:21 AM

R325 yeah basically.

by Anonymousreply 326August 30, 2020 6:46 AM

Hey, guys! I think I’m the only Angel who starred in a successful sitcom.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend 😘!

by Anonymousreply 327August 30, 2020 7:20 AM

R316 Mmh great pic!

by Anonymousreply 328August 30, 2020 8:23 AM

I think Kate Jackson was pretty good at comedy. Some of her most entertaining performances on Charlie's Angels were when Sabrina had an undercover assignment that was primarily comedic.

by Anonymousreply 329August 30, 2020 12:46 PM

Scarecrow and Mrs King was light comedy. She was good in that. And it co-starred the delicious Bruce Boxleitner.

by Anonymousreply 330August 30, 2020 1:20 PM

Nonetheless, her BABY BOOM bombed.

It was the beginning of the end.

by Anonymousreply 331August 30, 2020 2:46 PM

She had NO tits!!! Ruined her career!!!!

by Anonymousreply 332August 30, 2020 3:27 PM

She had NO tits!!! Ruined her career!!!!

by Anonymousreply 333August 30, 2020 3:27 PM

You'll pardon me, but to have no tits is not enough!

by Anonymousreply 334August 31, 2020 1:09 AM

R329 Absolutely! I loved the cool mix of drama and comedy on Charlie's Angels (seasons 1 and 2 and to some extent also 3). And I still do! And Kate Jackson was a pro at doing both genres! Even when the scripts weren't that gripping she still managed to make her sequences memorable and a lot of fun!! And I'm sure there was quite some improvising going on, too. Love that.

R330 Kate had been looking for a show like Scarecrow and Mrs. King because comedy was her favorite genre. She and Bruce Boxleitner did a great job and had wonderful chemistry! I'm not that familiar with it but watched a couple times because I missed seeing Kate on TV. Since I'm a child of the 70s it will always be Charlie's Angels for me.

by Anonymousreply 335August 31, 2020 3:04 PM

All of Scarecrow and Mrs. King is available for purchase on DVD. 88 episodes. Wonder why they didn't push on through and do S5, or even a shortened season, and get to the magic 100 episode mark.

by Anonymousreply 336August 31, 2020 7:41 PM

I have to admit that I was unaware that they are producing or selling DVDs anymore it’s been so long since I’ve seen one.

by Anonymousreply 337August 31, 2020 11:09 PM

R336 SMK ended when Kate was diagnosed with breast cancer towards the end of season 4.

by Anonymousreply 338August 31, 2020 11:11 PM

R337 We here in the DL still love a DVD.

We are old timey like that!

We also know old Katie is a bipolar, drug addicted,nightmare on any set. And that's why her career went straight down the shitter!

by Anonymousreply 339September 1, 2020 4:13 AM

R338 That's right. At first Kate still tried to work on the show during radiation. But eventually her treatments resulted in the reduction of her character and led to alterations that ultimately affected the show in an unfortunate way. The series was finally canceled. In 1989 another mammogram indicated residual breast cancer that the previous operation had missed. In 1994 she was diagnosed with an atrial septal defect (ASD), a tiny hole in her heart. She underwent open heart surgery to correct the defect. She was born with ASD. Nowadays this usually gets detected and corrected in little babies.

by Anonymousreply 340September 1, 2020 6:50 AM

At least it wasn’t ASS CANCER, like that whore Jill M.

by Anonymousreply 341September 2, 2020 12:13 AM

It's Friday night, you drunken whores!

I wonder what Sabrina Duncan would be doing on a night like this?

by Anonymousreply 342September 5, 2020 1:33 AM

Backgammon and 🍷, r342.

by Anonymousreply 343September 5, 2020 1:46 AM

I know what she's doing, and so do you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 344September 5, 2020 2:19 AM

Delete! Delete! Delete! Can’t unsee!

by Anonymousreply 345September 5, 2020 5:38 AM

Love Kate = Love Her Pussy

by Anonymousreply 346September 5, 2020 5:59 AM

Crate Jackson is from the seventies, she has a beaver NOT a pussy!

by Anonymousreply 347September 5, 2020 6:35 AM

I’m not going to post it here, but if you google “kate Jackson nude” you can see that a little waxing would not have been out of order. (It’s the one in a silver chair with red brocade, if you dare.)

I wonder if her shunning personal grooming turned off studio bigwigs, and that’s why her career soured?

by Anonymousreply 348September 5, 2020 6:52 AM

Her fucking tit ruined my residuals!

by Anonymousreply 349September 5, 2020 6:57 AM

R347 When was the great change over from beaver to pussy, and why was there not harder lobbying by the beaver contingent to stay in the game?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 350September 5, 2020 10:10 AM

I’m thankful for the change to pussy, as boybeaver just does not work!

by Anonymousreply 351September 5, 2020 10:47 AM

there were episodes of the Rookies win which Kate really broke my heart;

Jill and Mike go out to dinner for their anniversary and they ask for the same table they had before; the couple switches with them; then some nut comes in with a gun and Jill takes a bullet in the back, causing her to miscarry; Mike didn't know till the doctor told him, then he goes in to see her and it's heartbreaking.

There was at least one hostage situation where she's a nurse in a prison and the inmates take over the prison. As a kid, I was thrilled to read she was headlining another Spelling series with two Partridge Family guest stars.

Kate could act; beauty, it's been said, needs no resume. That was Jaclyn and Farrah. Farrah played Jill as if she'd stumbled into working as a private eye because she thought it was a casting call for a toothpaste commercial; never believable as any of her undercover characters and thought ever crook she met could be disarmed by her smiling and tossing her hair side to side. Granted, some of them could.

by Anonymousreply 352September 5, 2020 9:37 PM

^^ oh shut the fuck up, for GOD’S sake!

by Anonymousreply 353September 6, 2020 5:27 AM

R353 Psst! Hey, you seem miserable. And I want you to feel better. You have posted a lot of crap on this thread, along with a few other jealous cunts. So here's my suggestion: why don't you create a Shelley Hack thread! I mean one that really works. What was that? It won't work? Yeah I know but why don't you just give it a try?

by Anonymousreply 354September 6, 2020 7:07 AM

Why don’t YOU go suck on Jackson’s one remaining tit?!

by Anonymousreply 355September 6, 2020 7:11 AM

You’re still not feeling better. Don’t you worry. Try this: You’re gonna close your eyes, now breathe in slowly through your nose and breathe out slowly through your mouth. And remove ALL thoughts from your mind. Keep going…. That a boy! Trust me. I have tried it myself. It does work.

by Anonymousreply 356September 6, 2020 7:31 AM

"I also read that she had been on vacation at Martha's Vineyard with her son, and decided to extend their stay. Their original plane tickets to return home were on American Airlines Flight 11, which was hijacked and crashed into the North Tower of the WTC."

Someone posted this a couple weeks ago. I wonder if it is true? If so, this is incredible. I wonder how Kate feels about it now. That goes for anyone who rebooked or canceled one of those flights! And the moment when you see it in the news...

by Anonymousreply 357September 11, 2020 4:23 PM

While Kate is not known as a comedienne, I found her to have great facial expressions and comic timing.

I wish she had pursued more comedy.

She brought comedy, warmth, and depth to CA in a way the other actresses did not.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 12, 2020 2:52 AM

DL, it's Friday, my partner fell asleep, and I want a warm cup of tea and Kate Jackson related conversation.

Please be so kind as to indulge me.

by Anonymousreply 359September 12, 2020 2:56 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 12, 2020 3:35 AM

Photoshopped nudes are creepy.

Maybe she and Andrew made a sex tape, and he'll leak it and we'll get to see his fit body.

by Anonymousreply 361September 12, 2020 4:40 AM

Andy sure seems to miss his times with Kate when he still posts pics on his Instagram.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 12, 2020 5:40 AM

[quote]R361 Photoshopped nudes are creepy.

Why do you think they’re photoshopped? Kate was a liberated lady.

by Anonymousreply 363September 12, 2020 5:44 AM

When they were still in love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 364September 12, 2020 7:01 AM

I’m still heartbroken it didn’t work out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 12, 2020 10:00 PM

Was she mad his boobs were bigger than hers?

by Anonymousreply 366September 13, 2020 5:40 AM

"She brought comedy, warmth, and depth to CA in a way the other actresses did not." Very true!!

R358 Thanks for posting this vid. Great fun! And it does really showcase Kate Jackson's excellent acting skills! Sometimes her facial expressions are subtle but you can exactly see how Sabrina feels. Love it. There are countless cool scenes with her. Some CA episodes are lame for the bad scripts. And yet Kate manages to make them worth watching. And there are the really good episodes.

There is this terrific seven minute sequence with Kate in "Angels on Ice" that has it all: suspense, action and humor. Sabrina sneeks into an apartment to to do some investigation. She's oblivious of a villain in a gorilla mask, hiding in the bathroom. He attacks her, she desperately battles him only to get thrown into a closet. She manages to get out and then jumps from the balcony (she did a lot of her own stunts) onto a truck and here comes the fun part: she „borrows" the truck from an elderly couple to pursue the attacker but crashes right into a police car… Sabrina then has to explain to the cops why she doesn’t have her driver's license with her (it’s in her purse at the apartment), why she carries a gun and if this is her truck (no she borrowed... well actually stole it...). The cops don’t believe her she is a private detective and arrest her. Back at the office we learn that the Kelly, Kris and Bosley had to bail her out and they wonder what Charlie is going to say.

I could watch this over and over. Only Kate could pull this off. Very cool.

by Anonymousreply 367September 13, 2020 6:59 AM

^ You terrify me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 368September 17, 2020 12:59 PM

It’s always disarming when this thread pops up early, it’s hard enough keeping track of what day of the week it is during this pandemic and then panicking it’s already Friday when it’s not is quite upsetting.

by Anonymousreply 369September 17, 2020 1:41 PM

what r369 said, stop coming early!

by Anonymousreply 370September 17, 2020 2:52 PM

Premature KateJackulation

by Anonymousreply 371September 17, 2020 3:04 PM

It’s already after 12 PM EST, you are burning daylight not getting this thread moving already.

by Anonymousreply 372September 18, 2020 4:31 PM

Here's Kate on "Celebrity Bowling!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 373September 18, 2020 4:34 PM

So young, so cute.

by Anonymousreply 374September 18, 2020 8:11 PM

Three decades later Kate and Edward did the movie "No Regrets". It looked like they still have wonderful chemistry. Sadly Edward Albert passed away only two years later of lung cancer. I bet it was difficult for Kate. Only four weeks after she appeared with Farrah and Jaclyn at the Emmys to pay tribute to Aaron Spelling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 375September 18, 2020 9:30 PM

R371 Yours is now my all-time favorite DL post.

by Anonymousreply 376September 19, 2020 2:45 AM

"Charlie's Angels Pilot Episode | Available for a limited time!" on the Utube

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377September 19, 2020 11:47 PM

I love this opening (and of course all regular openings CA season 1 to 3). The 70s groove is very cool. The Angels are gorgeous and of course Farrah and Jaclyn doing skimpy while Kate owns the screen with her beauty and her charisma!

by Anonymousreply 378September 20, 2020 3:31 PM

Thank goodness it's Friday. So everything's gonna be okay. Here's Kate with her former The Rookies buddies George Sanford Brown, Michael Ontkean and Sam Melville. This could be around 1979. They truly were a hot cast!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379September 25, 2020 3:43 PM

I wonder if this "Rookies" play set was the first Kate toy appearance?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380September 25, 2020 8:42 PM

First, but not last...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 381September 25, 2020 8:47 PM

Never seen the Rookies play set. How cool is that!

by Anonymousreply 382September 25, 2020 8:49 PM

can someone please knock on the door of Kate Jackson's van and tell her to vote?

by Anonymousreply 383September 25, 2020 8:50 PM

Kate and Michael on the Rookies.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384September 25, 2020 9:19 PM

R384 Don’t leave us hanging! Was the receipt for tokens at the gay bookstore or what?

by Anonymousreply 385September 25, 2020 9:53 PM

Kate and Ricky Schroeder (in serious mode) are so good in the 1990 TV film THE STRANGER WITHIN, with a script by playwright John Pielmeier, who wrote AGNES OF GOD. It could've been a Davis, Crawford, Hayward, etc. vehicle back in the day with its flashbacks and crazy plot turns.

Kate is earnest and hardhitting and bangs the dialogue hard so even we all get the point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 386September 26, 2020 4:02 PM

Lol, on first read R386 I mistook that “bangs” for a comment about her hairstyle!

by Anonymousreply 387September 26, 2020 6:06 PM

Rare footage! Kate accepted an award on behalf of Farrah who was unable to attend. I think this was around 2007 or 2008. I imagine this wasn't easy for Kate. Touching. Best friends.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 388September 27, 2020 3:15 PM

^^^I've never seen that clip. Kate looks great.

by Anonymousreply 389September 27, 2020 8:25 PM

Damn, only a few hours left and no word from the greatest KJ fan today.

by Anonymousreply 390October 3, 2020 1:54 AM

[Quote] Kate is earnest and hardhitting and bangs the dialogue hard so even we all get the point.

This sentence needs to go back to the drawing board.

by Anonymousreply 391October 3, 2020 1:58 AM

Thank the fuck it’s Kate Friday!

by Anonymousreply 392October 3, 2020 2:00 AM

She crazy

by Anonymousreply 393October 3, 2020 2:22 AM

Has anyone knocked on the door of Kate Jackson's van and offered her a covid test?

by Anonymousreply 394October 3, 2020 3:51 AM

Is this her van?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 395October 3, 2020 5:34 AM

I agree, r391. That sentence looks like something Beamish would say.

by Anonymousreply 396October 3, 2020 10:03 AM

It's Friday, and the world is chaos. Gather 'round, and imagine a simpler time, when Satan's School for Girls was a safe haven for devilish future Angels, and a young man could go for a free wheeling ride to craft services with a young Kate Jackson.

"The next few minutes became one of those adolescent experiences seared into my brain. It turned out Kate liked driving that golf cart. And liked driving it fast. I recall going up on two wheels at one point while rounding a turn. While I must have been white as a sheet, I blithely laughed along with her—figuring if I was going to die, it would be a memorable death. She was, after all, Kate Jackson."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 397October 9, 2020 2:51 PM

I was checking out my On Demand menu for Kate’s availability and in addition to Charlie’s Angels, there’s 1200 episodes of Dark Shadows, Satan’s School for Girls, four seasons of ‘Scarecrow’ available for purchase and one episode of The Rookies.

by Anonymousreply 398October 9, 2020 3:04 PM

Has Kate ever played a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 399October 9, 2020 3:12 PM

No, never.

by Anonymousreply 400October 9, 2020 3:47 PM

It’s been a Tanya Roberts shit of a week. TGIKF!!!

by Anonymousreply 401October 9, 2020 4:26 PM

She crazy.

She still crazy.

by Anonymousreply 402October 10, 2020 3:32 AM

R397 Great article! Kate was very approachable and a sweetheart. Even at the height of her fame according to people who have met her like that young guy who wrote the article.

by Anonymousreply 403October 10, 2020 5:35 AM

Rona Looks At on Amazon Prime now has an episode with a Kate interview. Cindy Williams, Toni Tennille, and Penny Marshall are also interviewed in the episode.

Rona Barrett is such a sob sister, she's laughable and disgusting at the same time, but Kate does give a thoughtful interview. Check it out, fans.

by Anonymousreply 404October 13, 2020 3:00 AM

A wonderful interview! Rona asking some very personal questions and Kate being very honest. She looked stunning.

by Anonymousreply 405October 14, 2020 9:00 PM

Where are you it’s 12:34 PM EST !

by Anonymousreply 406October 16, 2020 4:36 PM

I've got my coffee. Let's start talking.

by Anonymousreply 407October 16, 2020 8:13 PM

R404 The most intimate and insightful interview with Kate ever. Awesome! But why does Penny Marshall get to talk so much?? Boring! I just want to hear Kate and no one else!

by Anonymousreply 408October 16, 2020 9:23 PM

She's an old whore

by Anonymousreply 409October 16, 2020 9:24 PM

Did she ever work in the legitimate theater?

by Anonymousreply 410October 16, 2020 9:37 PM

She did do a production of Key Exchange in L.A. in 1981, but I have never heard about doing any other theatre.

by Anonymousreply 411October 16, 2020 11:03 PM

She and Andrew Stevens did "Love Letters" in Pacoima. Kate said it was her favourite memory of Andrew - 10 foot away from her throughout.

by Anonymousreply 412October 16, 2020 11:10 PM

Kate also did "Love Letters" with Charles Kimbrough of Murphy Brown.

by Anonymousreply 413October 17, 2020 4:58 AM

I thought someone here had stories regarding Ms Jackson and Liza being intimately involved.

by Anonymousreply 414October 17, 2020 5:00 AM

Has that play love letters ever been done by same sex couples or are there penis and vagina references that make it need to be male and female?

by Anonymousreply 415October 17, 2020 5:00 AM

Kate and Andrew during a break on the Charlie's Angels set in Vail, CO.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 416October 18, 2020 6:09 AM

Great Youtube comment: "In 1983 my brother was paralyzed in a car accident and was placed in a rehabilitation hospital. Every Christmas the hospital would get a visit from a bunch of television and movie stars. Kate Jackson was there and made my brother’s day. I’ll never forget her kindness."

by Anonymousreply 417October 23, 2020 2:11 PM

I just watched her the other day in "Night of Dark Shadows". Memorable for the campy Grayson Hall.

by Anonymousreply 418October 23, 2020 2:47 PM

R148 Is Grayson Hall an actor or a location?

by Anonymousreply 419October 23, 2020 2:51 PM

R419 A location. It is adjacent to Veronica Lake.

by Anonymousreply 420October 23, 2020 2:53 PM

R420 Oh, then I guess it has fabulous hair!

by Anonymousreply 421October 23, 2020 2:57 PM

Are we really going to post this shit every Friday, ad nauseam, until the thread fills-up and it finally goes away? Then we can work on the equally insipid Monday moo. For Fuck Sake people, really?.

by Anonymousreply 422October 23, 2020 3:05 PM

Someone obviously needs to be hugged and kissed......

Not going to say who, but....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423October 23, 2020 3:29 PM

Breaking: Kate was spotted at the Dollar Tree in Monrovia using EBT!

by Anonymousreply 424October 23, 2020 11:02 PM

Where did you hear that?

by Anonymousreply 425October 23, 2020 11:32 PM

Poor Kate.

by Anonymousreply 426October 24, 2020 1:07 AM

I haven't been to Grayson Hall in ages. We used to go every summer when I was a child.

Another lovely Friday with my DL and Ms Jackson.

by Anonymousreply 427October 24, 2020 5:52 AM

Baby Boom

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 428October 24, 2020 6:11 AM

Jackson has an air of the patrician south about her, is it possible that her ancestors came from there and owned slaves? Has she been on any of those finding your roots shows?

by Anonymousreply 429October 24, 2020 6:14 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 430October 24, 2020 6:21 AM

R430 Oh god, that looks like something that was done by the best student artist at the high school in honor of Miss Jackson coming to town to cut the ribbon on the new Piggly Wiggly.

by Anonymousreply 431October 24, 2020 6:28 AM

"Lucy Kate Jackson was born on October 29, 1948, in Birmingham, Jefferson County, to Hogan, the wealthy president of a building-supply company, and Ruth Jackson; she has one sibling. Jackson attended private schools in Birmingham, graduating in 1966. "

by Anonymousreply 432October 24, 2020 6:34 AM

Kate's ancestors are mostly from England with a few from Scotland, Wales and Ireland, both paternal and maternal ancestors. They arrived as early as in the 17th and 18th Century most of them in Virginia. Her paternal grandfather was born in Georgia and came to Alabama.

There is one distant Swedish ancestor (maternal). who as a widow, became the Royal Housekeeper to Queen Hedwig Elinora at Grysholm Castle. Her grave is at Grysholm Castle in Stockholm. She lived in the 17th Century.

by Anonymousreply 433October 24, 2020 6:48 AM

No reply from R424. No source, nada... As expected. It would be a little difficult to spot someone who is wearing a mask and with social distancing, too. So much for "Breaking".

What's for dinner...

by Anonymousreply 434October 24, 2020 11:45 PM

Anyway, where and when in the hell is her most recent interview or appearance of any kind???

by Anonymousreply 435October 25, 2020 3:03 AM

I watched that Rona interview (I’ve never watched a full one before anywhere)... and what the fuck?

She interviews 4 people and just jumps around, shows a 30 second clip of one, and then cuts to the next? Who organizes a special like that? You don’t even remotely get to know a person that way.

No wonder Barbara eclipsed her.

by Anonymousreply 436October 25, 2020 4:57 AM

I hear ya R435 But I can do without lies and gossip. So no news is better. Of course an interview would be wonderful. They are so desperate they even tried to approach her sister. But of course her sis wouldn't have it.

by Anonymousreply 437October 25, 2020 6:14 AM

Kicking off TGIKJF early because it's October 29, and Kate Jackson's birthday. I hope wherever she is, she enjoys the day.

by Anonymousreply 438October 29, 2020 4:49 AM

It's Friday and Kate Jackson? Look, she came over to my dressing room when I was in menopause and offered to finger me slowly but I said no. I was more interested in knowing another woman and what another woman had to give to another woman at my particular age at that time.

What I was able to do was lift up her petticoats and lick her delicate rosebud while my husband Sam plugged me in my honey canal and gave new storylines. It didn't help because the show was still canceled, but we got a movie out of it and I got to smell her bush.

by Anonymousreply 439October 29, 2020 5:02 AM

Happy 72nd Birthday Kate!

To all IFSTMAKJ thread regulars, be safe this Halloween and wear your mask.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440October 29, 2020 5:34 AM

Happy Birthday to my favorite Angel, Kate Jackson!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 441October 29, 2020 1:34 PM

Will Kate venture outside her home on Saturday night?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 442October 29, 2020 6:29 PM

Kate needs to move to that industry created elder care community for actors. She would probably have a great life there and be social and revered by others.

by Anonymousreply 443October 29, 2020 6:37 PM

Here's to our birthday girl, Kate Jackson!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 444October 29, 2020 9:19 PM

R440 Wishing you a fun and safe Halloween!

I'm envious of that Kate Jackson costume. I want to get drunk and wear it everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 445October 30, 2020 3:29 AM

I wanna get drunk and be Farrah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 446October 30, 2020 3:55 AM

So, this was on yesterday...on her birthday! I didn't watch it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 447October 30, 2020 5:11 PM

Happy to be pretty certain that Kate voted for Biden, not like those bitches Cheryl Ladd and Jaclyn Smith who voted for Trump (and were cowardly silent about it). Kate for President!

by Anonymousreply 448November 6, 2020 8:45 PM

I agree. Kate definitely voted for Joe Biden. And the Republicans Smith and Ladd certainly voted for Trump. Ladd being a Right-Winger and she has met Trump and played in one of his golf's tournaments...

by Anonymousreply 449November 6, 2020 11:03 PM

I hope she could see her ballot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 450November 6, 2020 11:10 PM

Kate, Shelley - Biden

Jaclyn, Cheryl - Trump

Tanya - Kanye

by Anonymousreply 451November 6, 2020 11:12 PM

100% Kate voted for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 452November 7, 2020 5:18 AM

She did nothing for this election.

Fuck her and her grubby hoarder ways.

by Anonymousreply 453November 7, 2020 5:31 AM

Joe Biden is elected President of the United States!!! Kamala Harris is elected Vice President!! The first woman and the first person of color!! Life is wonderful :-) Thanks Kate for doing the right thing! We knew you would!

Kate is ready and so am I!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 454November 7, 2020 3:36 PM

The Kate Jackson troll is annoying. Acting like she's out and about in the world and voting. Get real. She's holed up in a hoarder hell, hasn't even left the house in 10 years!

by Anonymousreply 455November 7, 2020 6:22 PM

^^^ Trump supporter meltdown

by Anonymousreply 456November 7, 2020 6:44 PM

Good morning Angels, for the record: R455 and R424 is the same troll!! Trying to spread gossip and lies but contradicting himself...!

by Anonymousreply 457November 13, 2020 2:14 PM

Here's a family snap of Kate with her cousin Michael.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 458November 13, 2020 5:47 PM

Here's a short video of Kate talking about Farrah.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 459November 13, 2020 5:58 PM

TGIKJF!

Here's a Hollywood Squares episode where Kate throws a little shade at Victoria Principal (around the 13:30 mark).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 460November 14, 2020 4:27 AM

Great photo of Kate and Michael!

by Anonymousreply 461November 14, 2020 6:30 AM

From social media: "I was standing in front of the Bruin Theater in Westwood waiting for friends when a limo pulled up. I was maybe five feet from the curb when the driver opened the car door and out steps Kate Jackson. We made eye contact and I was uncharacteristically gobsmacked. I grew up in and around celebrities my whole life so normally I wouldn’t have been phased but holy cow! Then some dude got out of the car and took Kate by her arm and turned her away. As Kate walked away she turned her head to reveal her profile and with her free arm by her side she cupped her hand and gave me an upside down wave. I still get chills thinking about that first look."

by Anonymousreply 462November 20, 2020 4:19 PM

Can we just post ANYTHING to fill this up to 600 comments and make it go the fuck away?

by Anonymousreply 463November 20, 2020 4:29 PM

^ the Kate Jackson troll that denies the Kate has serious mental and drug problems will never let this die!

by Anonymousreply 464November 20, 2020 6:28 PM

R464 I'm truly worried about you, gurl. You keep contradicting yourself. You seem confused. Let me help you. Why don't you provide real facts instead of cheap old gossip. And since this thread seems to make you feel utterly miserable why don't you choose threads you can truly enjoy? You know, educational stuff such as Jaclyn Smith, Jocelyn Wildenstein, Melania.

by Anonymousreply 465November 20, 2020 7:15 PM

With Lillian Gish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 466November 21, 2020 6:09 AM

Here's our Kate with fellow heterosexuals Dolly Parton and Cher, gettin' their hairs did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467November 28, 2020 2:57 AM

Just a couple of gals out on the town lookin' for peen!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 468November 28, 2020 2:57 AM

She bearded for eddie albert jnr. Lesbian. Edie albert from green acres was gay too. Gay is genetic

by Anonymousreply 469November 28, 2020 4:01 AM

I don't think Eddie was a bearding situation. They looked genuinely in love, and she seemed to break down a bit after their breakup.

You can see how painfully thin she was in the CA pilot. I read an interview from when they started filming season 1, and she talked about what a difficult time it was after they broke up. She said she lost her way, and stress caused her to lose too much weight.

There was also a lot of sentimentality when they got together to film "No Regrets," and they made reflected on the past during filming.

Of course I could be wrong, and I don't doubt she bearded for that dermatologist and some others, but I think Eddie was genuine.

by Anonymousreply 470December 5, 2020 7:44 AM

R470 Thanks for the insight! I agree. Edward Albert may have been Kate's biggest love. In the film "No Regrets" you definitely can see it's not just two actors. There still seems to be a deeper connection.

by Anonymousreply 471December 5, 2020 2:45 PM

Who was the dermatologist??

by Anonymousreply 472December 5, 2020 3:57 PM

Arnold Klein, who was Michael Jackson's preferred pill-prescriber (and also the employer of the mother of Michael's kids).

by Anonymousreply 473December 7, 2020 5:37 PM

Here's a pic of the two of them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 474December 7, 2020 5:50 PM

Girl Friday

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 475December 11, 2020 6:23 AM

Bob Hope's Comedy Christmas Special with Kate Jackson, 1976

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 476December 11, 2020 4:44 PM

Poor Kate. There's only so much you can do with that Bob Hope material.

by Anonymousreply 477December 11, 2020 6:53 PM

I met her at a signing years ago, and she is stunning in person, but absolutely fragile as a humming bird.

It's OK to let some carbs in, Katie.

by Anonymousreply 478December 11, 2020 8:03 PM

R477 I actually thought it was quite entertaining and funny. Kate looked so gorgeous and was cute in her interaction with Bob Hope. They both were fun.

by Anonymousreply 479December 11, 2020 11:14 PM

R478 When was that? And did you get to talk to Katie?

by Anonymousreply 480December 11, 2020 11:17 PM

Friday night, the SCOTUS rejected Trump's Texan trickery, and we can all enjoy a Charlie's Angels "Lady Killer" reaction video from RetroQTV.

I think he's cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 481December 12, 2020 1:17 AM

R478 It was in the early 2000's. I did get to speak with her, and she signed some memorabilia.

It was a wonderful experience. She took a good amount of time with each fan, and did a great job smiling and laughing through through the event. She made me feel like mine wasn't the 50th lunch box she signed that day, and that my trading cards were unique.

That must be acting, lol.

I'm grateful to have a photo of us together. We put our arms around each other when we posed, and again I must say that she felt smaller and more fragile than I expected. I was afraid I could easily break her.

I do wish she would make some sort of public outreach, just to say she's OK and enjoying life. I miss her work.

by Anonymousreply 482December 12, 2020 1:46 AM

Jaclyn Smith’s chat on Twitter December 11, 2020

A guy from Venezuela: “Hello Jaclyn, a question do you have contact with Kate Jackson ????. Regards #AskJaclyn”

Jaclyn: “Absolutely! We are still good friends!!”

by Anonymousreply 483December 13, 2020 7:26 AM

Jaclyn’s “we’re still good friends” is on automatic and gets more Twitter play than “I had a shelter kitten, his name was Bootsie Gumdrops”.

by Anonymousreply 484December 13, 2020 9:01 AM

Gee that's interesting... People ask Jaclyn about Kate all the time. She can't respond to each and every question. Then how come that "automatic" doesn't seem to work? Brad, fix it!

by Anonymousreply 485December 13, 2020 2:45 PM

Jackie's Kate talk is canned. It's obvious.

by Anonymousreply 486December 18, 2020 5:33 AM

Kate has zero time to waste on MAGAt Jaclyn.

by Anonymousreply 487December 18, 2020 5:37 AM

R487 because Katie J is a hermit living without a cell phone in a Van down by the river!

by Anonymousreply 488December 18, 2020 6:04 AM

At least she's not serving time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 489December 18, 2020 6:12 AM

Kate posts on social media. Of course not in a Jaclyn-here-I-am kind of way. Just occasionally. Takes a lot of Sabrina smarts to find it.

by Anonymousreply 490December 18, 2020 7:39 AM

This thread needs a little seasonal cheer, here’s a lovely Christmas tide tableau of the angel dolls around the tree. Kate’s pose is very dynamic and shows off the English riding boots quite well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 491December 18, 2020 4:44 PM

Jaclyn Smith is on Cameo now. Can Kate be far behind? She could do it from home -- her son can film -- and she needs the $$$.

by Anonymousreply 492December 18, 2020 6:22 PM

[quote] Kate posts on social media. Of course not in a Jaclyn-here-I-am kind of way. Just occasionally. Takes a lot of Sabrina smarts to find it.

Did the “Cheryl’s pussy stinks” start with her?

by Anonymousreply 493December 18, 2020 7:19 PM

Kate's also not a MAGA asshole like Ricky Schroder.

She should have actually hit him in the head while filming "The Stranger Within."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 494December 19, 2020 3:05 AM

I do love the Kate Jackson troll who sleuths the Internet day-and-night to find kates cryptic social media posts!

by Anonymousreply 495December 19, 2020 5:08 AM

R490 Awesome! But yeah, better not to share anything on here. Too many trolls, haters.

by Anonymousreply 496December 19, 2020 7:58 AM

Why on earth would Jaclyn do Cameo? She's worth over 100 million, plus her husband's money too.

by Anonymousreply 497December 19, 2020 10:18 PM

R496 I love Kate Jackson. Its you and your pseudo knowledge of EVERYTHING Kate Jackson that's unsavoury.

by Anonymousreply 498December 20, 2020 7:16 AM

R496 I know.

R498 Interesting, so you love Kate Jackson. Then show your love! Here’s how: Cheer up, stop whining, stop contradicting yourself when spreading lies about her or better yet, stop posting disrespectful trash about Kate based solely on your weird fantasies. That’s it. It’s easy. And you're going to feel better.

by Anonymousreply 499December 23, 2020 5:51 AM

It's the first Kate Jackson Friday of 2021!

Happy New Year, my dear DLers. May the year ahead bring us delight and satisfaction.

by Anonymousreply 500January 1, 2021 7:59 AM

Happy Friday and Happy New Year!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 501January 1, 2021 8:35 AM

I can't believe this thread is still going about this basic bitch!

by Anonymousreply 502January 1, 2021 8:41 AM

We're even more fabulously unbasic in COLOR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 503January 1, 2021 8:59 AM

[quote]I wish there had been a Sabrina Duncan spin-off instead of the awful Scarecrow and Mrs King.

Why not both?

by Anonymousreply 504January 1, 2021 6:17 PM

Oh good, this is still going on. I was afraid that with the recent DLers death that maybe the OP was one of them. Kate, happy new year!

by Anonymousreply 505January 8, 2021 10:25 PM

Has Kate ever had a UTI?

by Anonymousreply 506January 8, 2021 10:35 PM

Kate's UT is made of stainless steel and is impervious to infection.

by Anonymousreply 507January 9, 2021 12:40 AM

Rare photo of Kate and Tanya, AND the stan story behind it.

"Kate was very kind, and very feminine, which surprised me for some reason. She spoke of her son, and having to miss his ball-game to be there. It was her first convention, and she seemed more reserved about the whole experience than Tanya, who had been to a few conventions at this point."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 508January 9, 2021 6:04 PM

Kate and her fellow 70s TV stars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 509January 17, 2021 7:14 AM

Sabrina's not coming in to work tomorrow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 510January 20, 2021 12:29 AM

Beat it lez

by Anonymousreply 511January 20, 2021 12:39 AM

Who played "Sabrina" in Counterfeit Angels?

by Anonymousreply 512January 20, 2021 6:50 PM

I liked those Kmart ads she did.

by Anonymousreply 513January 20, 2021 6:54 PM

R509 Kate looks gorgeous!

by Anonymousreply 514January 21, 2021 1:42 PM

Here's Kate with hot-as-balls Nick Nolte. Kate dated EVERYONE!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 515January 29, 2021 10:51 PM

Here's Kate cradle-robbing John-boy himself, Richard Thomas. This is probably about as provocatively as she ever dressed.

by Anonymousreply 516January 29, 2021 10:53 PM

Oops, here's the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 517January 29, 2021 10:53 PM

Here's Kate at Studio 54 with Dustin Hoffman. Kate trekked out to NYC in the summer of '78 to meet with Dustin about the role in Kramer vs Kramer.

by Anonymousreply 518January 29, 2021 10:57 PM

Dammit, my eldergayness is on full display, here. Here's the pic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 519January 29, 2021 10:57 PM

In the mid-'80s, Kate dated Richard Cohen who went on to marry Meredith Vierra.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 520January 29, 2021 11:03 PM

Kate dated Warren Beatty (who didn't) and looks pretty pleased with herself for landing him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 521January 29, 2021 11:06 PM

In overalls for SNL with Belushi.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 522January 30, 2021 2:03 AM

Once again we find ourselves at another Friday night.

This lovely tribute video has many candid photos from the days of Dark Shadows. There were a few I hadn't seen before, which was a nice surprise.

TGIF, my fellow Kate fans!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 523January 30, 2021 3:51 AM

R521 Kate did date Warren Beatty but this photo is fake. In this interview R260 Kate talks about that pic and says she had her arm linked in somebody elses arm, not Warren's. Interestingly there is no photo of the two. They managed to date secretly. Okay, Warren was a pro...

by Anonymousreply 524January 30, 2021 7:14 AM

Nice collection of her dates. Kate sure was a heavy dater in the 70s. But when it comes to the tabloids we know that a lot of it is not true. As Kate states in the Mike Douglas interview R260 "I'd be a dead woman if it was true". That interview was a lot of fun.

by Anonymousreply 525January 30, 2021 3:53 PM

Time for Kate

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 526February 5, 2021 6:55 PM

R523 Truly a lovely tribute to the amazing and stunning Kate Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 527February 6, 2021 8:07 AM

Thanks, R526, I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 528February 6, 2021 8:26 AM

She sucked!

by Anonymousreply 529February 6, 2021 5:03 PM

R529 Shelley, you're fired!

by Anonymousreply 530February 6, 2021 6:51 PM

Ain't no Wella Balsam

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 531February 12, 2021 7:34 PM

You go girl!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 532February 12, 2021 8:12 PM

In an effort to tie this all together, what was Kate’s Chinese zodiac sign? I’m guessing tiger?

by Anonymousreply 533February 12, 2021 9:03 PM

I can't drive this!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 534February 12, 2021 9:18 PM

Another Friday night, and I'm here to say thank you for everyone who has shared their Kate Jackson thoughts over the last year.

You're good eggs.

by Anonymousreply 535February 27, 2021 6:24 AM

R532, she's better in that commercial than Farrah was in Somebody Killed Her Husband and Saturn 3.

by Anonymousreply 536February 27, 2021 6:27 AM

Should Kate Jackson be short of funds and decide to do a Cameo she could easily charge $500 per response and net over a million dollars in less than a year. I cannot think of anyone in more demand. Now is she at least capable of working from home a little?

by Anonymousreply 537March 2, 2021 6:58 AM

Now you can make your very own Pinto!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 538March 13, 2021 4:25 PM

The coolest car on the show!!!

by Anonymousreply 539March 13, 2021 4:58 PM

Kate and her flatty patties:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 540March 13, 2021 5:15 PM

"A really big, beautiful Hideaway House!"

"And you can turn it to face the sun."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 541March 13, 2021 5:33 PM

R540 Gorgeous Kate on the set of "Angels in Paradise". What a babe!

by Anonymousreply 542March 13, 2021 6:42 PM

I just saw the Brazilian actress Florinda Balkan in an old movie in which she looked extraordinarily like Kate,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 543March 20, 2021 7:07 AM

Wow R534 by that time she'd had the face lift that really changed the shape of her eyes. Cheryl had a super tight one too but it was a little better.

by Anonymousreply 544March 21, 2021 2:09 AM

TGIF my fellow Kate Jackson fans!

R492 I didn't realize Jaclyn was on Cameo now. Every time she does Q&As on Twitter several people ask about Kate. Now I'm tempted to pay for a Jaclyn Smith Cameo to have her talk about Ms Jackson rather than herself.

Kate could definitely make money doing Cameos. Some Hollywood gays should go help her set it up. I would pay to be able to do her hair/makeup/wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 545March 26, 2021 6:47 AM

[quote]R543 I just saw the Brazilian actress Florinda Balkan in an old movie in which she looked extraordinarily like Kate,

It’s epically fitting that Balkan was a dyke. (She was in a 20 year relationship with producer Contessa Marina Cicogna.)

by Anonymousreply 546March 26, 2021 10:57 PM

Another cool shot of the hottest and most charismatic angel! Kate Jackson on the set in Hawaii.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 547March 27, 2021 7:38 AM

Kate is incapable of doing Cameo. She is a hoarder and only has a flip phone.

These are just facts.

by Anonymousreply 548March 27, 2021 7:55 AM

Is she the one who sells clothes and wigs at Sears?

by Anonymousreply 549March 27, 2021 8:03 AM

Jaclyn Smith had a line at Kmart, R549.

And I wanted that, R541, but didn't get it because my parents didn't care about me living my best life.

by Anonymousreply 550March 27, 2021 8:27 AM

That's a rude and insensitive remark by the freaking idiot @ R540, considering the fact that Jackson had surgery TWICE for breast cancer.

by Anonymousreply 551March 27, 2021 4:44 PM

Kate herself is the rude and insensitive one.

Ask Cheryl Ladd. Ask Nolan Miller.

by Anonymousreply 552March 27, 2021 10:34 PM

R552 Trying to justify your embarrassing and rude remark with what Ms. C. Ladd and Mr. N. Miller said? Surely two reliable sources….when it comes to gossip.

Let's see. First of all Mr. Nolan Miller, costume designer: Watching him in interviews I see a very uptight diva. He hated Jackson simply because she dared to stand up to him. Her "crime"? She didn’t want to wear glamorous stuff all the time. Kate was not much interested in fashion but wanted to ACT (it was a detective show she had created and not Dynasty). Sometimes Jackson would wear glamorous outfits but she preferred casual stuff which is fitting for a private eye (she was the only actress that added some depth to the show, no glam required for that). Well, Miller did not take nicely to that. A woman saying "no" in the 70s? Had it been a man no problem. But a woman? How dare she?... Of course Kate was right. She stood her ground. So Miller trashed Kate in a very very nasty way on several occasions when he talked to the media, the tabloids!

Then he begged Spelling to PLLLEEEASE hire Shelley Hack, not because she was an actress (she wasn't) but simply because she was a model and oh so elegant, the „Charlie Girl“. And here it comes. Quote Nolan Miller on Shelley Hack: „Two weeks, she turned into the bitch of the century, she could get so nasty and so bitchy to everybody that we all hated her within a month, and then we wanted to get rid of her you know... Like, somebody get rid of this bitch, so she didn’t last long and we were all happy.“ Sounds like a decent, trustworthy and stable man, doesn’t he… He hated Kate AND Shelley. What a coincidence... And he trashed them publicly! So much for diva No. 1 (to be continued)

by Anonymousreply 553March 28, 2021 6:29 PM

No need to continue. Really.

Miller detested Jackson because she refused to be fitted for her clothes, not because of the styles she preferred. Also because she became insanely rude.

by Anonymousreply 554March 28, 2021 8:24 PM

Miller comes across as the consummate professional:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 555March 28, 2021 8:29 PM

R551 R553 👏👏👏

by Anonymousreply 556March 28, 2021 9:00 PM

R553 You are a delusional Kate Jackson troll. You live in a fantasy that Kate is in stable mental health and capable of things like cameo or going to autograph signings or appearing on film. The truth is none of this is possible because Kate Jackson is in a mire of drugs and mental illness. It seems her rage which has been so well documented on many sets, has literally consumed her.

by Anonymousreply 557March 29, 2021 4:23 AM

why did Nolan Miller say Kate had "a scrawny neck", no wonder she always wanted to wear turtlenecks

by Anonymousreply 558March 29, 2021 12:49 PM

Besides the fact that Nolan hated Kate and Shelley he also didn’t like Farrah’s poster saying it was just another poster. Poor high-strung guy was so unhappy and frustrated.

Now part 2 of R553 Ms. Ladd was known to be a nightmare on the set. She did not get along with any of her female co-stars, except for Jaclyn Smith. She did befriend Smith mainly out of fear of being branded a problem worker. Ladd created a very toxic work environment behind the scenes, also thanks to her dalliance with Ed Lakso. Crew members would later reveal personality clashes between Ladd and the rest of the CA actresses and across many Hollywood productions, even before this show. In a repeat pattern throughout her career, Ladd formed dalliances with producers. Having previously worked with her and well aware of how Ladd operated, Kate Jackson strongly disliked her. She was on to Ladd. However, Jackson remained a professional and nothing ever transpired on-camera. Later, Ladd's behind-the-scenes hostile behavior would be the catalyst for Shelley Hack's departure from the series. To Ladd's dismay, a much more buxom actress was hired as the 6th--and final—angel. Cheryl is also on record saying she never warmed up to Farrah Fawcett, citing not knowing her due to her few appearances. Farrah never warmed up to Cheryl either and that is certainly no surprise.

by Anonymousreply 559March 29, 2021 1:43 PM

R559 Not only are you the most twisted of Kate Jackson trolls, now you are making up some MAJOR BS about Cheryl Ladd.

by Anonymousreply 560March 31, 2021 8:11 AM

R559 Cheryl's behavior and rudeness on the set is nothing new. She lacked personality and warmth but that didn't seem to be a problem as long as she donned a bikini and yeah, the rest was handled behind the scenes. With a "little" help from a writer, producers etc. And she knew exactly how to make use of her "poor me" routine when she talked to journalists.

by Anonymousreply 561March 31, 2021 12:49 PM

Bri taking on the bad guys by embracing mime.

Kate was fun under cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 562April 3, 2021 2:10 AM

Snatching a wig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 563April 3, 2021 2:57 AM

You have to wonder why her career went straight down the shitter.

by Anonymousreply 564April 3, 2021 4:11 AM

Golden Intrigue: Captivating Fashions for Charlie's Adventurous Ladies

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 565April 3, 2021 6:06 AM

A deleted scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 566April 5, 2021 5:52 AM

Catty Kate is fun in this scene from Sweet Deception (1996) which she's barely in. In casethelink doesn't start at the right spot, you can find it at 07:14. Kate should have played more villains.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 567April 9, 2021 9:51 PM

^^^She has another good, short scene at 08:34.

by Anonymousreply 568April 9, 2021 9:55 PM

^Barely in^ because once again she was a mess, causing trouble on the set

by Anonymousreply 569April 9, 2021 11:25 PM

Always enjoyed her. Saw her on a Match Game '74 rerun the other day, and she was stunningly beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 570April 9, 2021 11:39 PM

The same for every Friday, OP - she's STILL a bi-polar mediocre actress.

That ain't gonna change no matter how many Friday's pass us by.

by Anonymousreply 571April 10, 2021 12:37 AM

R571 what's the point of coming on here and trying to make people feel badly about a thing or person they enjoy? Is it that you're miserable, and you want to bring everyone down by making them feel badly for liking something or someone you don't like? You just feel the need to set them straight on an actress from the '70s?

Fucking pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 572April 10, 2021 6:01 AM

Closer Weekly has a where are they now issue out, and it claims to update us on Kate, but it uses and old photo and has no new information. They've done the same thing for Liza's 75th--promising the scoop on the cover and then a vague, short article inside with old photos. The videos Liza posted gave more info.

by Anonymousreply 573April 11, 2021 1:46 AM

One of my favorite Kate TV moments.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 574April 15, 2021 3:01 PM

A Kidnapping In the Family is worth a view, if only for its camp value and convoluted plotline: Tracey Gold is a tramp who dresses like Poison Ivy and is also a Satanist. Kate is the kind-hearted grandmother who turns out to be not so great after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 575April 16, 2021 4:01 AM

Continue to talk to yourself Kate Jackson troll. So we can shut this thread and your insane rambling down at 600.

Meanwhile well liked by CA Cast and crew alike, Cheryl Ladd continues to book projects.

Notoriously troublesome Kate?

Still an angry isolated addict living in a van down by the river.

by Anonymousreply 576April 16, 2021 7:26 AM

Maybe Datalounge should book Kate for a speaking engagement and VIP Meet & Greet.

And what the hell is the "Financially Strong America Corporation" (under the "Read More" section?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 577April 16, 2021 7:47 AM

R576 Do you have a door on the van you live in down by the river? Your anger issues seem out of control. You do need help.

by Anonymousreply 578April 16, 2021 8:05 AM

Here's our favorite Angel Sabrina Duncan in a romantic and dramatic role. A clip from the Season 2 episode "Angel in Love". Kate Jackson's masterpiece as an Angel. She's terrific!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 579April 16, 2021 2:12 PM

R579 Wow! Kate Jackson looks so gorgeous and she was so good in this! She always was of course. But this performance was outstanding. Kate got an Emmy nom for Lead Actress in a Drama Series for this one. And another one for "Target: Angels". Goes to show why she was irreplaceable as an Angel. She was and will always be the best Angel!

by Anonymousreply 580April 16, 2021 4:13 PM

Look at that face! They did our girl wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 581April 17, 2021 6:36 AM

They did. That doesn't look anything like Sabrina! She's so stunningly beautiful and they create this. Ridiculous. All about money.

by Anonymousreply 582April 17, 2021 6:47 AM

^^^They didn't have the rights to the likenesses of the actresses, so the dolls (there is also a Kris doll, though oddly not a Kelly) were created with different faces.

by Anonymousreply 583April 17, 2021 6:48 AM

I see. But then why create dolls that do not look like the angels in the first place....for the money of course.

On to something really nice now! On his visit to the US in 1977 Prince Charles was also in Hollywood and insisted on meeting the Angels! Fun photo: Prince Charles shares a joke with Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 584April 17, 2021 6:57 AM

Kelly Garrett!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 585April 17, 2021 7:17 AM

Japanese food with Liza & Mark Gero, 1981.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 586April 17, 2021 7:24 AM

This is for the Cheryl Ladd troll, the Shelley Hack troll and any troll who have come here trying to hijack this thread making up some MAJOR BS about DL fave Kate Jackson. Well, now is the time to clear things up. Did you know that there is a Datalounger who actually worked on the Charlie’s Angels set? Not a big wig like Spelling, Goldberg, Ladd supporter Lakso or stressed out Miller. No, it’s someone who was never interviewed because he was a no-name but he witnessed some stuff when Kate, Farrah, Jaclyn and a certain Cheryl were there.

In a 2009 thread he simply couldn’t take it any longer, when some sick trolls tried to bash and insult Kate in the same way they did here! He couldn't take it because he knew and had witnessed what had really happened. So he cleared things up! This is an excerpt (read his whole reply 166 in the thread "Ladd Still Hurt About Charlie's Angeles Reunion Snub".

"Kate didn't hate Cheryl because she replaced Farrah. That's nonsense. Cheryl is the bitch- not Kate. I worked on Charlie's Angels the first couple of seasons. What a fucking madhouse. But Kate was very nice to people, including the people working on the set who weren't "stars". People liked her. She was more down to Earth in many ways.

Farrah was very sweet, and she had a great sense of humor in the sense that she'd laugh at everyone's jokes (even when they were rather lame. :)) She was beautiful, but I always remember her as being rather petite (which is not really borne out by the videos i see of her). I remember her that way though. I don't think she was very tall.

That set was fucking crazy.There was so much activity all the time, it drove me crazy. Hair and make-up (people) were always flying around between takes, and it drove Kate crazy frankly. :) I don't think Jackie was too crazy about it either. Farrah was always such a damn good sport, she never seemed to mind. I never met an actress who was so agreeably nice all the time. It got annoying sometimes. :) But the other girls loved her.

Cheryl was a fucking nuisance from day one. She seemed nice enough at first, but that fucking husband of hers was always showing up on set "monitoring" her treatment. He worked in the biz, if I remember correctly, and I think his dad had been a movie star from the great old days. I don't remember who. What an asshole! And for someone who was plucked from obscurity she acted like her shit didn't stink. She ordered people around like she was the Queen of Sheba. I remember her ordering someone to get her a soft drink once, and the poor girl brought her the wrong one. you would've thought the girl had killed her dog, the way that Ladd carried on. I know that Kate hated her for that shit. Kate was a pro-she never treated people like that. There was a rumor going around the set once that Kate and Jackie called her "the witch" behind her back, and that wouldn't surprise me. She was not a nice person.

Plus, Ladd and her husband were BIG time Republicans. And very conservative. Now, this did not sit well with Jackson who was always a big liberal. I have no idea what Jackie was politically, but when Ladd started talking politics, Jackie would apparently always find some polite excuse to leave.

You have to understand- Farrah had been a ray of sunshine on that set. She was always so goddamn pleasant and happy. :) Then Ladd comes along, and she's a little bitch who acts like the world owes her something, and that she should be treated like a Queen. That creates a LOT of tension, particularly given the comparison. And Ladd really didn't have much interest in befriending the other girls anyway- she was really not a friendly girl"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 587April 17, 2021 8:11 AM

This supposed insider doesn't even know AllanLadd was David Ladd's father ?!? Liars on DL always believe other liars.

Kate is hell on earth to work with ask anyone who had the displeasure of working with her "Baby Boom" or poor Bruce

Boxleitner who suffered through four seasons of Katie's mood swings on SAMK.

by Anonymousreply 588April 17, 2021 8:29 AM

Nope, i won't tell you about Kate Jackson because so many have in this exhaustive thread. i will only say i loved her (but i loved Bruce Boxlientner more) in Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Now lay to rest this dumbass thread. Goodbye, Goodnight, Go Home.

by Anonymousreply 589April 17, 2021 9:02 AM

R587 Thanks for this! Not surprised at all. It all fits together R559. The guy on the set is not the only one who talked about it. Ladd was a nightmare on the set. Years later she admitted that she had let success get to her head. Cheryl had done some sneaky things to Kate. No wonder Kate kept her at arm’s length.

by Anonymousreply 590April 17, 2021 9:20 AM

Seriously, shut up now. Go home, good night. I'm so sick of seeing this thread week in and week out. it's fucking tedious and done to death. rip out the shag carpet and go with bamboo flooring. shut up already!!!

by Anonymousreply 591April 17, 2021 9:37 AM

Oh shut up! You never joined this thread. Why now! And if you don't like it just stay away! Good night!

by Anonymousreply 592April 17, 2021 9:41 AM

Here's to more Friday nights with my fellow Kate fans-

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 593April 17, 2021 10:53 AM

That’s

by Anonymousreply 594April 17, 2021 11:32 AM

The link doesn’t

by Anonymousreply 595April 17, 2021 11:33 AM

Post it again

by Anonymousreply 596April 17, 2021 11:34 AM

Now?

by Anonymousreply 597April 17, 2021 11:34 AM

It’s just the main page

by Anonymousreply 598April 17, 2021 11:34 AM

Weird

by Anonymousreply 599April 17, 2021 11:35 AM

Great find R587! A very interesting and eye-opening read! I always thought there's just something cold about Cheryl Ladd and her fake ass laugh. Must have been awful to work with that bitch. Kate never spilled the tea, she's such a class act.

by Anonymousreply 600April 17, 2021 11:35 AM

Now?

by Anonymousreply 601April 17, 2021 11:35 AM

Test

by Anonymousreply 602April 17, 2021 11:35 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!