Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Joe Rogan endorses Bernie Sanders

Controversy ensues due to Rogan’s past transphobia.

I’m not sure if this is an endorsement to be proud of, but from Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez to Joe Rogan... just sayin’.

The diversity jumped out!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2020 12:09 PM

People have never liked Joe, he's always been controversial. I'm not sure he gives a fuck if Twitter is mad at him.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 1:16 PM

I thought Joe Rogan was Right-Libertarian.

No idea why, I just did.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 1:16 PM

He's getting grilled on Twitter by Warren supporters. Love this tweet:

[quote]If the tent is big enough for transphobic people, but not big enough for someone who proposes a different transition to universal healthcare... We are not building the correct type of tent.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 1:17 PM

Of course Joe is getting attacked by both the neoliberals and neoconservatives; he’s voting for Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 1:21 PM

He's just an egomaniacal jerk and his listeners are douches who don't vote. This should be a net negative for Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 1:25 PM

R5 It’s not, though. Joe is perceived as a right-wing type, though he considers himself lefty liberal.

Still, the perception is that a former Trump supporter is now supporting Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 1:29 PM

Good for him.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 1:38 PM

Around twenty years ago he had a hot fucking body.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 1:40 PM

At 50+, he still does, R8.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 1:49 PM

He's not just a transphobe -- after all I know how popular that sentiment is around DL -- he's said all sorts of homophobic shit too, and he pushed Milo of all fucking people

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 2:01 PM

R10 He might apologize for his past statements.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2020 3:53 PM

Even Ben Shapiro is aiding with Joe and Bernie, and he hates the latter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 4:14 PM

Since the late '90s, I've read multiple accounts here over the years of Joe Rogan being a closeted leather queen who's been spotted in backrooms and bathhouses.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 4:20 PM

Woke Twitter is debating whether this is a good thing. Like Bernie should reject the endorsement. They don't know how to win.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 4:21 PM

How many transwomen of color will be murdered if Bernie accepts the endorsement?

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 4:23 PM

r10 of course Twitter TRAs will never mention that. They only care that he doesn't believe in their trans identity nonsense

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2020 4:23 PM

He's also a Seth Rich truther.

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 4:24 PM

You may disagree with Ben Shapiro, but if you actually listen to him he’s a very balanced talking head. More middle of the road. I’m over the woke police and far right or far left and their constant hypocrisy. You’re all sheep.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 4:27 PM

R18, He's a jewish supremacist. He thinks every other group is fair game except Jews.

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 4:30 PM

The conservatives only like Bernie because he's considered the most unelectable and because CNN and MSNBC are trying to undermine his campaign using the same tactics they used on Trump. Klobuchar is at least making a play for the midwest by promising subsidies for those impacted by a greener economy. Policy wise, Klobuchar is the least threatening to conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2020 5:02 PM

R15 about 30 million.

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2020 5:10 PM

[quote]he pushed Milo

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2020 5:12 PM

This is a huge win for Sanders no matter how you cut it. Rogan has a MASSIVE and eclectic following.

This should’ve been predicted after Sanders’ appearance on Rogan’s show went viral, breaking all of his viewing records.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2020 5:54 PM
by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2020 6:16 PM

Well that settles it! Where Joe goes, the nation goes!!!

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 6:18 PM

R25 Yup!

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2020 6:29 PM

Now that I know that Joe Rogan endorses Bernie, I'll vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2020 7:09 PM

Some of the SJW's are upset because Joe has said he DISAGREES with giving hormone blockers to Trans Children!

Apparently, this is not a topic that is even up for debate!

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 7:15 PM

Bernie is the one candidate most capable of building bridges btw douchebros on the left and douchebros on the right.

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2020 7:20 PM

I’ve been listening to Rogan for about 3 years now, not every episode, but many of them if the guest appeals to me. I have never heard him make a homophobic remark with malicious intent. And his politics ARE liberal. He just happens to reject the more extreme leftist ideas like trans women (men) in women’s sports and transing gender non-conforming (usually gay) kids. And the reason his podcast is so popular is because he really interviews the guests, gets them into a comfortable conversation and isn’t afraid to push back when they start spouting crazy ideas.

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2020 7:23 PM

What about douchebros in the middle?

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2020 7:27 PM

R30, thank you. I also listen to Rogan’s podcast, albeit sporadically. I have never heard him say anything g bad about gays and lesbians, and he doesn’t hate trans people; he expresses concern over kids and women’s sports. And he doesn’t give a fuck if they cancel him.

He’s successful because he’s a thoughtful, yet often profane, interviewer who gets an interesting lineup of guests who he’ll engage for up to three hours.

The Sanders endorsement is really big.

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2020 8:09 PM

He seems like a huge douche. Of course he's a Bernie bro.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2020 8:11 PM

[quote]Around twenty years ago he had a hot fucking body.

[quote]At 50+, he still does

Really?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2020 8:19 PM

...the least you can do...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2020 8:19 PM

Human Rights Campaign is getting involved, lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2020 9:48 PM

Saying "no" to a TRA for any reason is "transphobic". Cry me a fucking river.

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2020 10:26 PM

r37 He doesn't think much of fags either, so there's that.

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2020 10:27 PM

[quote]I have never heard him make a homophobic remark with malicious intent.

His first instinct to go after any man who has challenged him in any way is to resort to a gay joke. Because being gay means you should be demeaned. That's homophobia.

Of course, the same people that went after a decades old Kevin Hart comment with a vengeance will make excuses about this piece of shit's numerous comments that are far more recent. These dizzy queens will fuck any Caucasian redneck, homophobic trash if they find them "hot" but wave the rainbow flag in some phony show of outrage for any minority that looks at them sideways . Satisfying their intense bigotry towards the trans community is just the icing on the cupcake.

Where's that Jada Pinkett wannabe who got Kevin Hart fired when you need him now? He was silent on Ricky Gervais hosting the Globes as well. Interesting. But not surprising.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 25, 2020 12:11 AM

Business Insider approves.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 25, 2020 1:19 PM
by Anonymousreply 41January 25, 2020 1:43 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42January 25, 2020 1:58 PM

From just a few days ago, here's Joe talking with Strongman Rob Kearney on being gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 25, 2020 2:32 PM

Development.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 25, 2020 2:54 PM

I also thought Joe was libertarian. If so this is big plus for Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 45January 25, 2020 3:06 PM

Per Wiki:

[quote] Rogan is not affiliated with any political party, but has been described as mostly having libertarian views. He has described himself as being "pretty liberal" and supports gay marriage, gay rights, women's rights, recreational drug use, universal healthcare, and universal basic income, while also supporting the Second Amendment. He also has criticized American foreign policy of military adventurism. He endorsed Ron Paul in the 2012 U.S. presidential campaign and Gary Johnson in the 2016 U.S. presidential campaign. Rogan has publicly supported Tulsi Gabbard and encouraged her to run for U.S. presidency in 2020. On January 21, 2020, Rogan said he would "probably" vote for Bernie Sanders in the 2020 Democratic primary, adding, "He’s been insanely consistent his entire life."

by Anonymousreply 46January 25, 2020 3:16 PM

r44, does anybody really pay any attention to HuffPost anymore?

by Anonymousreply 47January 25, 2020 3:18 PM

Yawn. As Bernie continues to surge the craven tactics to stop his momentum will only get more desperate.

by Anonymousreply 48January 25, 2020 3:22 PM

R34 That type of body is what happens if you eat Paleo diet high on meat protein, as Joe has promoted for many years. He’s typical of these dude bros who likes to tell others how healthy their diet is and how fit they are, but you just know they’re going to drop dead from a MI sooner than you.

by Anonymousreply 49January 25, 2020 3:49 PM

Bernie courting bigots is another reason I'll never vote for Bernie. Add it to the pile.

by Anonymousreply 50January 25, 2020 5:37 PM

With friends like these...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 25, 2020 5:54 PM

Awesome for Joe!!! I love this man!!!!

by Anonymousreply 52January 25, 2020 5:59 PM

It just goes to show just how clueless a lot of these Bernie supporters really are.

For all they love to claim about how "woke" they are, by endorsing Rogan, they've played right into the well worn agenda of society giving straight white men a pass while everyone else follows a different set of rules. You couldn't have set a better trap for these people to fall head first into.

Rogan makes a Planet of the Apes reference that got Roseanne Barr fired and exiled off of television. Rogan equates gays to child molesters and gets welcomed with open arms by the Sanders campaign while Kevin Hart is vilified and forced to resign from the Oscars for making homophobic jokes.

Brilliant move, guys. Brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 53January 25, 2020 6:12 PM

A gem!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 25, 2020 11:58 PM

Bombs against Trump in Iowa - the state that went to Trump and could theoretically be saved in November.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 26, 2020 12:02 AM

Trump is scared of Bernie

by Anonymousreply 56January 26, 2020 12:03 AM

[quote]Trump is scared of Bernie

More like he's thanking Bernie for taking the impeachment trial off the front page with this utter stupidity.

Good job Bernie! You also single handedly took the media's focus off of Hillary's comments about you and your supporters. And you're dividing the party even further!

Way to campaign!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 26, 2020 12:21 AM

Strange how so many people that have historically supported positions that are consistent with more conservative ideologies seem to support Bernie.

Odd that so many people whose fundamental politics would usually be opposed to core planks of the democrats seem to be openly supporting Bernie.

I wonder why so many people who usually oppose democrats and democrat policy positions are so excited about Bernie.

All very, very strange.

by Anonymousreply 58January 26, 2020 12:34 AM

[quote] democrat policy

You're giving yourself away there, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 59January 26, 2020 2:19 AM

[quote]You're giving yourself away there, Boris.

Or you do...

Since "democrat policy" is, in fact, perfectly acceptable usage to describe it, a true native speaker with a decent education would actually know that.

"Democratic policy" actually means something slightly different and is often used incorrectly by the media - and idiots like r59.

by Anonymousreply 60January 26, 2020 3:55 AM

I notice the people posting here about Rogan's bigotry never link to any primary sources. It's all rumor. One person linked to a twitter page, but it had nothing to do with Rogan. This is a page out of Boris-Natasha's playbook, where a fake link is posted to give authenticity to their lies. They expect nobody will actually read them.

by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2020 4:09 AM

What did we learn from the #TrumpTapes?

✅ Trump is only scared of Bernie Sanders.

✅ Trump wanted Joe Biden to run.

I hope the campaign does an ad with the audio!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2020 1:38 PM

Was he the hot guy on the Phil Hartman show? He was hot!

by Anonymousreply 63January 26, 2020 2:04 PM

[quote]I notice the people posting here about Rogan's bigotry never link to any primary sources

Here you go. Anita Bryant would be proud.

Can't wait for the spin on this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 26, 2020 2:20 PM

A better link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 26, 2020 2:20 PM

Two new poll! Yum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 26, 2020 2:34 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67January 26, 2020 2:37 PM

So Sanders is unstoppable now?

by Anonymousreply 68January 26, 2020 2:47 PM

JP like Bernie.

Bernie a homophobe!!!

See!!!!(;&!)$

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 26, 2020 2:48 PM

Bernie is too old to be President. The job is extremely demanding!

by Anonymousreply 70January 26, 2020 2:55 PM

Berny Łódź too!!!!!!’n

by Anonymousreply 71January 26, 2020 2:57 PM

At 10:20, talking about seeing Planet of the Apes in a black neighborhood:

[quote]We're giggling, "oooh, we're gonna see Planet of the Apes." We walked [italic]in[/italic] to planet of the apes. We walked into Africa, dude. We walked in the door, and there was no white people. There was no white people.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72January 26, 2020 8:03 PM

Rogan is more left than Hillary Clinton, unlike her he never opposed gay marriage or backed the killings of civilians in senseless wars.

It's funny how DL forgets left and right is a spectrum. Joe Rogan in any other country would be most likely considered center left. The Clintons and even Obama would be considered center or center right in most other democratic nations.

He's liberal, his only distinct quality is that he's opened to listening to right wingers, even the crazy ones. I think this is a quality of his. He said he wouldn't invite Pete to his show because he perceives him as corporate shill.

by Anonymousreply 73February 1, 2020 8:26 AM

just a reminder of who Rogan is. He's still a standup comedian and previously was a sitcom actor, Fear Factor host, MMA commentator and has been doing martial arts training since he was a teenager.

His interests include conspiracy theories and alternative history, hallucinogens and consciousness (he owns his own floatation tank), body hacking/scientific advances around health, and he's a politically liberal guy who is curious about politics but has very little background on the subject and doesn't prepare much when guests come on. He lets them talk and he asks questions. He's kind of like Larry King that way, if Larry King could kick your ass. He is 100% pro gay rights. He has expressed concern over letting trans children take hormones and letting transwomen compete in sports for obvious reasons.

He does a daily podcast. It runs 2-3 hours with one guest. Many, possibly most people just watch clips of it on youtube. He has 7 million Youtube subscribers. It's an entry level intellectual salon.

His guests include comedians, historians, scientists, doctors, professional athletes, journalists, and once in a while, politicians and actors. He is probably the most influential stop for an author selling a non-fiction book or work of investigative journalism now that Oprah is off the air. He also smokes lots of weed and plenty of guests get high before the podcast or drink/smoke with him as they record.

by Anonymousreply 74February 1, 2020 8:48 AM

It’s a brazenly public form of blackmail that these woke types are engaged in. “If you don’t ... then we will ... your life will be ruined if you don’t ... and you don’t want that, do you?”

by Anonymousreply 75February 1, 2020 9:07 AM

Rogan finally discussed it....you can get a good sense of who he is within the first two minutes. Curious what people think about how he comes across.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 1, 2020 10:17 AM

Thanks, R76.

by Anonymousreply 77February 1, 2020 11:59 AM

Seconded, R76 / R77

by Anonymousreply 78February 1, 2020 12:02 PM

R14 - that's exactly it - Dems don't know how to win. Repubs just voted in lock-step to support Trump, ethics be damned, which is why they're successful. I'm sure a lot of them don't like him - many have said as much in the past. But they protect the party. Dems are all over the map and openly criticizing each other instead of getting their asses in gear and building up a couple of solid leaders. They're going to lose again, and I think a lot of it is going to be their own doing. Get your shit together, Dems, or we're going to see Trump's fat orange ass roll through 2020.

by Anonymousreply 79February 1, 2020 12:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!