Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anita Hill Told An Iowa Crowd That It’s Too Late For An Apology From Joe Biden

[quote]Anita Hill said Thursday that it’s too late for a proper apology from Joe Biden, reopening a decades-old conflict that has followed Biden into his third run for president.

[quote]“The statute of limitations for his apology is up,” Hill said in response to a question from the audience at the University of Iowa, where she gave a lecture on ending sexual harassment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 1:01 PM

She just created a wonderful platform for him to apologize, whether she accepts it or not. Nobody likes bitter and woke is working thinking people's last nerve. The fact is thirty years ago the majority of people had views on social issues that most of us struggle to recognize in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 11:43 AM

SLAM!

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 11:44 AM

Didn't she sell orange juice?

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 11:45 AM

She really needs to just let it go.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 11:45 AM

Wow, the Bernhos are rolling out everything but a dead hooker or a live boy. Hmmm, who else has been trying to smear the Biden family with every tactic they have? What a coincidence that he's getting attacked by SEEMINGLY unrelated factions? Hmmm.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 11:53 AM

Anita Hill is the reason I absolutely will not vote for Biden in the primary.

If he is the nominee, of course I will vote for him in November.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 11:55 AM

Buzzfeed — Bernlandia

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 11:56 AM

R6, fair enough. But you make the important point: in November, many of us are going to have to hold our noses and vote, whoever pulls this off. I can't stomach the idea of Bloomberg, and I am skeptical about Warren and Bernie... but I'm voting for the bastard whoever it is.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 12:00 PM

🙄 OK, Anita. Thanks for playing.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 12:00 PM

r7 In this case, they're just reporting what happened at her lecture. So blame her, not HuffPost. Though I'm sure a Bernie Bro asked her that question...

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 12:02 PM

[quote]Anita Hill is the reason I absolutely will not vote for Biden in the primary.

This is how Democrats eat their own. No one fucking cares about this type of shit. Especially not the high percentage of white women who voted for Trump last time.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2020 12:07 PM

R11 nails it.

Democrats are so politically naive (or maybe even downright stupid). They have no concept of "strange bedfellows."

Everybody knows DJT is a dirtball scumbag of the highest orders. But Evangelicals rally around him because they know if they suck up to them, Trump will advance their cause. Democrats have too many ideological purity tests for its candidates, and if one candidate fails that test, Democratic voters get all butt hurt and stay home on election day.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 12:21 PM

R10 about “context” —

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 12:41 PM

Oh that Anita, she’s a shit stirrer isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 12:42 PM

This is why Trump will win again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 12:54 PM

She doesn't have to forgive him. It's her prerogative.

That said, I find it fascinating how people pick and choose what things from a politician's past are fair game and which aren't. I wonder how real people feel about things like this. We know the pundits will fall in line with their agenda, but is there anyone out there who really cares about how Biden behaved at the Anita Hill trial? Or is it all people who hate Biden anyway and are just using it as an example of why he's history's greatest monster?

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2020 12:57 PM

R11.... yes, exactly, you nailed it!

IT'S LIKE THE DEMOCRATS GET OFF ON LOSING!.... do republicans EVER do that to their own? nope, never, ever....

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 1:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!