Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Who should Biden pick as VP?

You know you have someone in mind.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 30, 2020 9:14 PM

Michelle Obama

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 3:46 AM

Alyssa Milano

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 3:48 AM

Barack Obama. Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 3:56 AM

Senator Duckworth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 3:59 AM

More importantly, should the nominee pick Biden as VP.

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 4:02 AM

He has to pick a woman of color. That’s not even a question. Abrams is the obvious choice.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 4:03 AM

Senator Duckworth: Midwestern (Illinois), biracial (Caucasian, Thai), veteran (lost both legs when her helicopter was shot down), husband currently serves in the military, mother with a young child.

Upbeat, centrist. Unlikely to activate as many racist hate voters as Abrams.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 4:11 AM

Discussion from February 2019.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 4:14 AM

Bill Cosby or Weinstein since they are also rapists like Biden.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 4:15 AM

Duckworth or Hakeem Jeffries.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 4:17 AM

Would Castro pick up the Latino vote?

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2020 4:17 AM

Oprah!

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 4:20 AM

No R11. Bernie is way ahead with Latino voters and always has been. Beto is FAR more popular in Texas, especially Latinos in Texas. And Castro is as dull as paint. There’s a reason his campaign went nowhere. He’s a poor choice but Warren has seemingly already chosen him. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 4:22 AM

Pardon-correction- Duckworth’s husband has retired from the military.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 4:23 AM

Duckworth or Pete!

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 4:25 AM

Nice retort from her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2020 4:26 AM

“President Bone Spurs”, “draft dodger”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 4:28 AM

Stacey Abrams?!? That's got to be a joke.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 4:31 AM

B. Obama

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 4:32 AM

Tammy Duckworth. I love her nickname for he who has no shame and only loves fame. ‘Cadet Bone Spurs’. good god almighty, why all these people worship such a subhuman like trump is beyond me, but it is sadly mighty damn real. Tammy D. for VP, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2020 4:32 AM

Harris has a lot of career baggage and played the race card in the debates. She has a nasal voice that can border on officious. She’s from California and has a home in Brentwood.

Will Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan voters like her?

by Anonymousreply 21January 24, 2020 4:33 AM

Does Biden have military experience? I know his late son did of course.

by Anonymousreply 22January 24, 2020 4:35 AM

R21 well her campaign was a total flop so I’m guessing no. Harris is scorched earth.

by Anonymousreply 23January 24, 2020 4:41 AM

Whoever gets the nominations the VP pick has got to be from the other candidates.

by Anonymousreply 24January 24, 2020 4:42 AM

In the Midwest, there are more centrist likely voters at the margin than progressive voters.

by Anonymousreply 25January 24, 2020 4:45 AM

I honestly doubt Biden would pick another white man, even a gay one.

His pick will have to be female, or non-white... or both.

by Anonymousreply 26January 24, 2020 4:47 AM

You mean the losers, r24? I'd go with someone who doesn't have the baggage that comes with campaigning. They all end up damaged goods.

by Anonymousreply 27January 24, 2020 4:47 AM

There’s not going to be two men on the ticket. Have you people been paying attention the past year? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 28January 24, 2020 4:50 AM

That's often not the case, r24.

Neither Obama nor Hillary chose someone who had run against them, nor did Trump, Romney, or McCain.

I think the last time the top of the ticket chose a VP from one of his competitors for the nomination was Ronald Reagan in 1980.

by Anonymousreply 29January 24, 2020 4:51 AM

Eric Holder

by Anonymousreply 30January 24, 2020 4:53 AM

is that his real teeth?

he is getting my vote

i dont care who the VP is

by Anonymousreply 31January 24, 2020 4:55 AM

R29, Biden ran against Obama.

by Anonymousreply 32January 24, 2020 4:55 AM

Among possible centrist running mates, Duckworth would put a substantial damper on the progressive wing complaining that he didn’t select a progressive running mate. She’s a woman, she’s biracial (Southeast Asians are now generally considered a variety of the “oppressed” “brown” peoples whom woke white progressives lionize and fawn over), and her military sacrifice might also help keep some of them from complaining too loudly.

by Anonymousreply 33January 24, 2020 5:09 AM

That is not my point R24. This is not going to be a "normal" election. Look what a disaster Hillary's pick for VP was. Right now we need someone that already has name recognition and people have aligned with their positions. We don't need a VP candidate that needs to play catch up.

by Anonymousreply 34January 24, 2020 5:13 AM

What are the dems doing to prevent Russians or others from stealing the election?

by Anonymousreply 35January 24, 2020 5:16 AM

Get the hell out of here R35. Can't you see people have more important things to do, like crowning Biden as the presidential nominee and picking his VP as if he reads DL.

by Anonymousreply 36January 24, 2020 5:34 AM

Abrams. Because. Florida

by Anonymousreply 37January 24, 2020 7:33 AM

Abrams is a big fat loser. Are you guys serious?

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2020 7:55 AM

Under no circumstances are Dems gonna win Florida with a state full of 'Florida Men' voting, Stacey Abrams or no.

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2020 11:46 AM

Oprah

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2020 11:50 AM

It's got to be someone who is truly seen as a credible president, so that demands credible experience and gravitas, because Biden is one term. This VP pick is unique in that for the first time many people will believe the Veep might actually become president.

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2020 11:58 AM

Agree, R41. Which would rule out everyone who has dropped out of the race already because they're, effectively, not inspiring enough or considered capable enough for the job.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2020 12:03 PM

The linked article raises the point Duckworth just had a baby... she may not want to give up the time at this point in her life.

I think Booker might be a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2020 12:04 PM

This crucial election will require teamwork between the pairing. That evil queen Pence is the biggest dud of a politician on earth, but he successfully delivered Trump the evangelical votes and rounded off Trumpy's horrible rough edges enough to make him somewhat passable back in 2016 (no one and nothing can do that now). Biden already has the black vote and will never win over Trumpy's crazed, cultish base no matter who he chooses for a running mate. He needs a woman - preferable a non-caucasian woman. She needs to be attractive (sorry, be we do live in the real world so never ignore this fact). She needs to be highly-competent, cognitive, elegant and well-spoken. She needs to complement his many faults with her strengths and vice versa. They need to have a history with one another and be able to work as a team to make "team" decisions (rather than a POTUS and VPOTUS who can't stand one another - which is more common than not). KAMALA HARRIS. Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2020 12:22 PM

[quote]Biden already has the black vote...

[quote]He needs a woman - preferable a non-caucasian woman.

Seemingly paradoxical, unless you mean a Latina or an Asian. Which then says Duckworth or Michelle Luján Grisham, which would make AOC's head explode so it's more fun.

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2020 12:29 PM

Tammy BADASS Duckworth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2020 12:42 PM

Cau·ca·sian /kôˈkāZHən/

adjective 1. NORTH AMERICAN white-skinned; of European origin. "twenty of the therapists were Caucasian, two were African American, and two were Hispanic"

2. relating to the Caucasus.

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2020 12:44 PM

Mikey Pence would need written permission from Mother to debate her and STILL wet himself during.

She is freaking amazing.

by Anonymousreply 48January 24, 2020 12:45 PM

Castro! He'll bring in the woke vote! (I actually think he's hawt!)

by Anonymousreply 49January 24, 2020 12:46 PM

I never thought much of Castro but once somebody called him Zikababy he died for me.

by Anonymousreply 50January 24, 2020 1:47 PM

Hasn't Castro settled his zkiaeggs firmly in Warren's basket, though?

by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2020 2:20 PM

Duckworth would be perfect, but she's indicated no interest in the job, and yes, she had a baby somewhat recently, so she might not want to lose out on being there for her early formative years.

by Anonymousreply 52January 24, 2020 3:10 PM

She's got years. [italic]She[/italic] just might be the first woman President.

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2020 3:19 PM

How fast do kids grow? Can we mentally will Duckworth's spawn accelerated growth?

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2020 3:22 PM

[quote] She needs to be attractive (sorry, be we do live in the real world so never ignore this fact).

Translated: I know I'm being sexist, but don't blame me for being so, even though I am.

by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2020 6:30 PM

President Biden will resign due to "health concerns" at year two of his presidency and, with the blessings of Speaker Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Schiff, Vice President Obama will be sworn in by Chief Justice Garland as 47th POTUS. (John Roberts having resigned in disgust of the 2020 Senate Acquittal Debacle once Biden was safely ensconced in the Oval).

Meanwhile, NYS Attorney Tish James will be prosecuting the indigent former president and his trump cosa nostra.

America Made Great Again.

by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2020 6:32 PM

Hillary would be a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2020 11:17 PM

Congressperson Bookman!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2020 11:29 PM

Would Hilary do it?

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2020 11:29 PM

Who's to say Pence is going to be Trump's VP on the Republican ticket? I have a feeling Trump will dump him. If Biden wins as the Dem candidate and has to choose any of the current/eliminated candidates, I really feel it should be Klobuchar. Not because I love her but she can get the votes in those important states.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2020 11:31 PM

If a president needs to be attractive ( yeah i know you were talking about chicks) ..... well, anyway we got a mighty goddamn unattractive POS president who claims to be a man right now.

by Anonymousreply 61January 26, 2020 5:53 AM

Nathan Bookman. With Willona as Secretary of State.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 26, 2020 7:44 PM

[quote] Tammy BADASS Duckworth

Unfortunately it can't be Tammy Duckworth--it has to be someone born in the US or a US territory. She was born in Thailand.

by Anonymousreply 63March 9, 2020 5:07 AM

The WaPo had an op-ed about it today, and the writer says it HAS to be a woman--the Dems wouldn't stand for another man since we've ended up with Biden v. Bernie. They have two really good suggestions:

*Michelle Lujan Grisham, who is governor of New Mexico. That would help with the Latino/a vote, which has been a problem for Biden.

*Gretchen Whitmer, the governor of Michigan. Michigan is a state Biden very much has to win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 9, 2020 5:10 AM

It does HAVE to be a woman. Kamala called Biden a racist on a debate stage. Stacey abrahms is a fat black woman. No one SMS’s to near me but Tammy Baldwin! A gay woman who won WI by 10 points! Let’s go!

by Anonymousreply 65March 9, 2020 5:16 AM

[quote]*Michelle Lujan Grisham, who is governor of New Mexico. That would help with the Latino/a vote, which has been a problem for Biden.

Lujan Grishman might not really help with the Latino/a vote. She's a New Mexico Hispano and they really don't have much in common with the Latino groups that Biden will be trying to get votes from.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 30, 2020 7:04 PM

Whoever polls best and furthers his chances?

by Anonymousreply 67March 30, 2020 7:15 PM

I did want Kamala or Stacy Abrams (anyone but that fucking battleaxe Klobuchar) but now I want it to be Andrew Cuomo. Was rooting for a woman for VP, but now I think Cuomo would have it in the bag for Biden.

by Anonymousreply 68March 30, 2020 9:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!