Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your skin care routine?

I recently started taking skin care seriously. My skin is oily and prone to breakouts and I finally want to do something about it. Does anyone have advice? Specific products or general advice would be appreciated. Thank you DL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 12:42 AM

I wash my face with Cetaphil every night. Then, I apply retin-a. In the morning, I use squalene as a face moisturizer and in the afternoon, when I leave work, I make sure to use sunscreen. I also use a 2.0 mm dermaroller every 3 weeks and for the under-eye area, I use a 1.00 mm one.

by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 12:23 AM

"In July 2019 I met Jay Sekulow at a rest area on I-70 in Maryland, in the handicapped stall. Should I go public with my story? He was perfectly nice, but he's into guys with . . . disabilities"

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 12:23 AM

In the morning, if my face is a little puffy, I'll put on an ice pack while doing my stomach crunches. I can do a thousand now. After I remove the ice pack, I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower, I use a water activated gel cleanser. Then a honey almond body scrub. And on the face, an exfoliating gel scrub. Then apply an herb mint facial mask, which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an aftershave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 12:35 AM

R3 god the American Psycho shit is so old and lame by now. Anyway op, Cetaphil is an excellent cleanser. Plus I used to have acne when I was younger. Glycolic acid cleared mine up. I’m not sure how it’s sold anymore. Ideally you want to buy it in a moisturizer. With an spf of 15. Just enough to moisturize your face. The less stuff on your face the better with acne prone skin. Make sure your religious about washing your face morning and night. Cetaphil is a little pricey , but there are generic versions just as good.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 12:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!