Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Post a photograph of a tasteful tattoo

Can you do it?

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 2:43 AM

Lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 24, 2020 12:10 AM

There aren't any.

by Anonymousreply 2January 24, 2020 12:26 AM

Dr Woo

L.A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 12:42 AM

The words "tasteful" and "tattoo" never belong in a sentence together. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 12:43 AM

Uh huh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 12:45 AM

I've told this story on here before, but I once interviewed a young lady for a job in my law firm who had the words "Classy & Elegant" tattooed across her collarbone in script. I was honest with her and told her that no one in any professional office was going to hire her as long as she had it. She left crying but it was the truth.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 12:48 AM

R6 She could have applied makeup to it or otherwise covered it. Did you bother assessing her actual qualifications, or did you just look at her and tell her to leave?

Lawyers are special.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 12:52 AM

You are lucky that she didn't sue you R6

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 12:55 AM

[quote]She could have applied makeup to it or otherwise covered it.

Not in my office she couldn't.

[quote]Did you bother assessing her actual qualifications, or did you just look at her and tell her to leave?

Any skills she might have had were eclipsed by her dismal and unfortunate decision to maim her body with that tattoo. I don't need someone with poor decision making skills working in my office.

[quote]Lawyers are special.

Well, [italic]this[/italic] one is; that's for damn sure.

[quote]You are lucky that she didn't sue you.

Having said that, R8, it's fairly obvious that you did not go to law school.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 1:03 AM

That interview candidate lucked out. Talk about a nightmare boss.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 1:05 AM

No I didn't go to law school R9, but you showed a bias in an interview.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2020 1:06 AM

[quote]That interview candidate lucked out. Talk about a nightmare boss.

That is patently untrue, R10. On the contrary, I am an exceptional boss.

I have been in private practice since I was 26 years old, and I am now 44. Six of the nine people who work in my office have been with me since my first 3 years in practice. We are all very close and I consider them family members. Furthermore, they are better paid than many, many lawyers are today. I am a civil rights attorney and a very successful one at that. Most attorneys would never compensate their staff in the manner that I do, but I believe in supporting the people who support me.

[quote] . . . you showed a bias in an interview.

I really hate to have to repeat myself, R11, but . . . it's clear that you didn't go to law school.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 1:23 AM

R12, there is no way you are 44. Maybe 20 years ago, but you are not currently 44. Why are you lying?

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 1:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 2:06 AM

[quote]tasteful tattoo

Oxymoron

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 2:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!