Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why is this little white kid giving tours of Mecca?

I'm surprised that he wasn't given a beat down, by a crazed mob.

He does give a really good explanation of the place, though.

The commenters are all giving him kudos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2020 3:30 AM

He's also semi-fluent in Arabic.

Pretty good!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 11:11 PM

Does he like to swim?

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 11:15 PM

Cool kid! Let’s hope he remains so.

by Anonymousreply 3January 24, 2020 12:36 AM

Well he's muslim, so i guess he's allowed in.

Any Arabic speakers here? How's his fluency?

He sounds weird to me. Not like a native would speak.

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 12:57 AM

He's actually a really good youtuber.

Interesting content and he knows how to build suspense.

He should be a film maker when he gets older.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 1:01 AM

What a spirited young man. He’s already done more traveling than I have. I hope he’s safe.

by Anonymousreply 6January 24, 2020 1:08 AM

His parents and grandparents seem rich.

No wonder he's so cultured. His family can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 7January 24, 2020 4:39 AM

I thought the OP was a great video, of a place I will never see in person.

by Anonymousreply 8January 24, 2020 5:04 AM

I'm jealous.

Not of going to Mecca, but of his ability to travel.

I don't go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 9January 24, 2020 6:24 PM

That's nice but some of the comments are quite scary. It would be nice if someone would bring the religion into the 21st century.

by Anonymousreply 10January 24, 2020 6:44 PM

He'd better be circ'd or there is gonna be trouble. You know how "they" are about such things.

by Anonymousreply 11January 24, 2020 6:48 PM

I remember learning that giant black cube was there before Islam came along. The people sort of incorporated it into Islam.

Sort of as disappointing as learning Stonehenge was really just a pile of rocks, and people a century ago moved those rocks back to their best guess of how they originally were way back when.

by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 7:06 PM

He's obviously of some Arabic heritage so not really a basic white kid.

by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 7:18 PM

His dad seems like a weirdo. What people convert to a religion in University? Good for them though. I have heard from other Muslims Saudi women get killed for drinking alcohol, but good for them.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 7:22 PM

No, his mom's Northern Irish and dad Welsh. Welsh people have the dark Catherine Zeta Jones coloring.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 7:24 PM

[quote] He's obviously of some Arabic heritage so not really a basic white kid.

Not true.

He's Welsh and Irish.

He addresses that question here....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2020 7:24 PM

Does he like the BBC (Nubian Service)?

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 11:20 PM

I wish I spoke another language.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 11:22 PM

[quote] R14: What people convert to a religion in University?

Cat Stevens converted young, and he ditched a successful music career when he did, too.

by Anonymousreply 19January 25, 2020 4:34 AM

I like this kid’s videos.

by Anonymousreply 20January 25, 2020 4:44 AM

Don’t mutilate that boy’s penis.

by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 5:24 AM

Too late R21

by Anonymousreply 22January 25, 2020 3:49 PM

What's to explain? The home of one of many deeply homophobic and misogynistic religions.

No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 23January 25, 2020 4:02 PM

I don't have time to go through all his videos. Is there one with him throwing homosexuals off of a roof?

by Anonymousreply 24January 25, 2020 4:54 PM

I would prefer to see a video of him showing us how to carve up a journalist using a bone saw.

by Anonymousreply 25January 25, 2020 5:51 PM

This was very interesting and the most informative footage and commentary I've seen on the subject. Well done.

Religious zealots of every kind are terrifying and people who BELIEVE in fairy tales, as opposed to the lessons learned from them should be treated as mentally ill. No Ark filled with every animal, no turning into a pillar of salt and it's time to admit that the talking, "burning bush" was cannabis.

by Anonymousreply 26January 25, 2020 6:01 PM

I can believe that there was no arc, but stories do get altered as they are repeated, and only written down many years, perhaps even centuries afterward.

My favorite explanation of the Mideast flood myth:

The Black Sea has been proven to have once been a fresh water lake of smaller size. This is known through the discovery of fossils of fresh water creatures and through other scientific means. Prehistoric people lived by the shore, to fish or get fresh water, etc.

At some point, perhaps at the end of the ice age 10,000 years ago, the water level in the Mediterranean began to rise, and eventually broke through the Bosporus, and became connected to the Black Sea via this small link. Salt water from the Mediterranean Sea flooded into the Black Sea and IIRC, it may have taken years for equilibrium to be reached. The water front villages were all flooded by the rising water level and expanding Black Sea.

Prehistoric man knew nothing about science and therefore, of course, though it was an act of God, and voila, a story is created.

by Anonymousreply 27January 26, 2020 3:25 AM

Some scholars believe that the black rock in the building around which these Muslims walk, is actually a meteorite. If it hit Mohammad on the head, or similar, primitive man would, of course, think God had thrown a rock at them.

God: [italic] I told you, Mohammad, to stay off my lawn! [/italic]

by Anonymousreply 28January 26, 2020 3:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!