Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jessica Simpson has a new memoir! Opens up about drinking and pill problem

I mean obviously she used a ghostwriter but most of them do

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 5:02 PM

John Mayer definitely in the book too

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 10:56 PM

Oh, I'll bet she opens up. Jessica always opens up.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 11:21 PM

You can compress an entire cake down to pill form?!!

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 11:38 PM

it's crazy how so many in hollywood were abused as kids

by Anonymousreply 4January 24, 2020 7:06 PM

Amateur

by Anonymousreply 5January 24, 2020 7:19 PM

[Qupte] While Mayer made her feel powerful physically, she also felt insecure around him, feeling like she always had to win him over after one of their many breakups. Although she prided herself on not being the dumb blonde as she was often portrayed (Simpson was always in on the joke), she began to have self doubts. “I constantly worried that I wasn’t smart enough for him,” she writes. “He was so clever and treated conversation like a friendly competition that he had to win.” She was so afraid of disappointing him that she sometimes had a friend check her texts for correct grammar and spelling. And when she felt unsure of herself she writes, “My anxiety would spike and I would pour another drink. It was the start of me relying on alcohol to mask my nerves.”

That just sounds exhausting. Mayer definitely wasn't worth the effort.

[Quote] Their contact ended after he called her “sexual napalm” in a 2010 Playboy interview. “He thought that was what I wanted to be called,” she says. “I was floored and embarrassed that my grandmother was actually gonna read that.” “A woman and how they are in bed is not something that is ever talked about,” Simpson adds. “It was shocking.” The hardest part was learning Mayer had broken her trust. “He was the most loyal person on the planet and when I read that he wasn’t, that was it for me,” she says. “I erased his number. He made it easy for me to walk away.”

Maybe it was shocking then, but those kinds of comments are tame now. I really don't understand this man's appeal. Is his racist dick really that good??

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2020 10:26 AM

Forget about the booze and pill problem.

I mean, they obviously must be minor compared to the pie problem.

Does she open up about that?

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2020 10:27 AM

I forgot about her entirely. There was a time when she was unavoidable with all the products under her name. Don’t care for her, and I’m saddened to see her back in the spotlight. Damn. Why don’t they just go away?

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 10:31 AM

She probably thought the ghost writer was a real ghost. “Bye ghosty, thanks fur writin' my papers of words. Hopes ya can go on to heaven now. Love, Jess”

by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 11:15 AM

LMAO R9

by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 11:25 AM

WHET John M?

by Anonymousreply 11January 25, 2020 11:33 AM

R9 haha damn!

by Anonymousreply 12January 25, 2020 4:48 PM

Even the size of Mama Cass, there's something so adorable about her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 25, 2020 5:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!