Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Queen Cancels Event Due to Illness

Queen Elizabeth has cancelled a scheduled visit to the Sandringham Women's Institute just 30 minutes before her scheduled arrival. The Palace says the Queen has a light cold and no reason for alarm.

Okay, so if the Queen bites the dust, you know Harry and Meghan are going to be blamed for killing her due to stress.

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2020 9:11 PM

Yeah I’m sure people won’t even consider the fact that she’s almost 100 had anything to do with it

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 8:43 PM

At least it’s not a heavy cold.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 8:45 PM

Coronavirus

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 8:49 PM

It's her time of month.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 8:58 PM

It’s definitely the coronavirus.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 9:01 PM

I can't go through all this again so soon after the Philip Christmas debacle. I just don't have it in me.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 9:02 PM

Since "corona" means "crown," I think we have a winner.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 9:08 PM

Indeed.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 9:15 PM

R7 so does that mean the coronavirus is a royal virus?

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 9:15 PM

Markle made the queen sick.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 9:22 PM

Meganitis

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 9:25 PM

London Bridge is nearly down!

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 9:26 PM

If she passes anytime soon, you can be sure Phillip will put a hit out on MM in a heartbeat.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 9:33 PM

r13 Implying he hasn't had one out since he heard the words "Grandpa I'd like you to meet Meghan"

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 9:35 PM

R14 You have good point.

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 9:36 PM

When will people stop putting other people above them based on whose snatch they came out of?

Not anytime soon it seems.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 9:39 PM

[quote] so if the Queen bites the dust

The way 2020's been going so far, I wouldn't be surprised if she did.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 9:40 PM

r16, she has no power. She has status and wealth--and if you think that's ever going to end, I have a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 10:07 PM

So it was Meghan and not her kid diddler son that did it?

How quickly we forget.

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 10:17 PM

R18 - She does, however, have enormous influence, which is another form of power.

She also has three constitutional powers: the right to be consulted, to encourage and to warn.

None of her PMs, with whom she meets weekly, have ever had anything but praise for her acuity, and she is privy to the State's most delicate secrets - state documents are sent to her each day no matter where she is for her review. As Head of State, she takes off the government's shoulders the responsibility for hosting high-ranking diplomats and other Heads of State. In short, she has access and a channel for influence that ordinary citizens do not have.

She may not have power, but she's no ordinary citizen, either, and stands apart from the rest of her over-privileged relatives.

As for the cold - kidding aside, they don't call pneumonia "the old man's friend" for nothing, and for her to cancel within 30 minutes of her arrival to an engagement she has kept since 1943 seems to me, er. significant.

Perhaps with the corona virus about they are just being careful and keeping her out of crowded rooms - if we are to believe the tabloids, half a dozen people in the UK have been admitted with possible symptoms of the virus.

It would be quite the irony, though, if Philip, who will be 99 in June, outlasted her.

If he does, the funeral, for Harry and Meghan, will take on a nightmarish quality, indeed, if Philip is the chief mourner rather than HM, who has gone out of her way to be so conciliatory toward them.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 10:48 PM

[R20], wow. Thank you. An erudite reply that deserves praise.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 10:53 PM

Philip at HM's funeral, as Harry and Meghan approach to offer condolences:

"Get that American whore out of here!"

Princess Anne: "Shall I do the honours, Papa?!:

Charles: "Oh for God's sake, Papa, can you just let it go just for today?!"

William, sotto voce: "You go, Grandad!"

Camilla: "Charles, darling, your blood pressure!"

Kate to Maria the Nanny: "Take George and Charlotte home at once!"

Nanny Maria: "Which home?"

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 10:54 PM

FWIW, there was a Christmas a few years ago when she didn't appear and was reported "down with a heavy cold." I read somewhere, recently, they were all bricking it... she was very ill.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]Okay, so if the Queen bites the dust, you know Harry and Meghan are going to be blamed for killing her due to stress.

And that would be factually incorrect?

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 10:55 PM

[quote]FWIW, there was a Christmas a few years ago when she didn't appear and was reported "down with a heavy cold." I read somewhere, recently, they were all bricking it... she was very ill.

Datalounge went into meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2020 10:57 PM

It was Xmas/New Year 2016/17. She delayed travelling to Sandringham by a day, she was so ill, and missed Christmas Day service, New Year's Day service and was not seen in public until 8th January. She was super ill.

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2020 10:59 PM

R24 - Of course, it wouldn't be factually correct - but when did that ever have to do with the price of tea?!

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2020 11:09 PM

R23 I remember it fondly, all of DL huddled together in unity. Although after that experience, I've grown jaded and think we have a Queen who cried wolf. That bitch will NEVER die.

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2020 11:16 PM

I think after Andrew Harry said fuck this shit. His dad and bro have no balls. Cueen Crumikilla? Megan's like..."girl, bye." *sorry that was bad....but sadly true. I propose Kenya Moore for president and Neenee Leaks fix the UK's bent crown grabbing childqueers

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2020 11:21 PM

She’s the new Madonna

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2020 11:24 PM

HM shall not "bite" any dust.

However, she may, in time, condescend to nibble specific minute particulates that have settled from gravity.

So long as they contain no garlic.

She hates garlic.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2020 11:33 PM

We haven't seen each other for years but we're back together, practicing now!

Mi mi mi mi mi.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2020 11:36 PM

R28 - They said the same thing about her mother, the Queen Mum - the Eveready Royal Bunny. But the day came at last, nonetheless. I read that the Queen sat quietly with her mother who was propped up in a chair on pillows in front of the fireplace until she died. I'm not sure whether the Queen Mother was ever told that her younger daughter had died exactly eight weeks earlier.

So, HM lost her mother and her younger sister within two months. It must feel a very strange bracketing.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2020 11:37 PM

The QM attended Margaret's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2020 11:45 PM

[quote]I'm not sure whether the Queen Mother was ever told that her younger daughter had died exactly eight weeks earlier.

Well, considering she flew from Sandringham to Windsor to attend the funeral, I kinda think so.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2020 11:45 PM

"A light cold" means the Royal Pussy stinks

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2020 11:47 PM

When you're 93, even a "light cold" could turn into something much worse. Best to stay in bed until it passes, at that age.

by Anonymousreply 37January 23, 2020 11:58 PM

R11 I read “ Meganitis” as Megantitties two times. Poor girl!

by Anonymousreply 38January 24, 2020 12:13 AM

I think the Queen has a few years left in her. But how strange would it be if she died just at the moment when the BRF is involved in more public drama than it has been in years (Harry and Meghan leaving, not to mention the far more serious issue of Andrew)?

by Anonymousreply 39January 24, 2020 12:14 AM

R39 The buzz in the media is that it's just a mild winter cold, nothing serious. Than again in a [nearly] 94 year old nothing is minor. I do think she will be closer to 100 when she finally passes.

by Anonymousreply 40January 24, 2020 12:31 AM

Her mother lived to be 101, so the Queen could make it that far. And her mother was a drunk to the very end.

by Anonymousreply 41January 24, 2020 12:44 AM

Nothing in The Telegraph or The Times. So can't be regarded as serious.

by Anonymousreply 42January 24, 2020 12:48 AM

I don't know, she looks pretty healthy in this pic. And that guy on her right is rumoured to be one of her favorites,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 24, 2020 4:42 AM

we love you betty get up

by Anonymousreply 44January 24, 2020 4:46 AM

Has she eaten a cat, rat, dog, bat or koala purchased at a market recently?

by Anonymousreply 45January 24, 2020 4:57 AM

The once and future Queen.

DL claimed him as brethren pretty early on, as I recall.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 24, 2020 5:15 AM

Wish you better, Ma'am!

by Anonymousreply 47January 24, 2020 5:22 AM

R42 the BBC reported it, but it doesn't seem serious. Allegedly, part of the reason Philip went to hospital before Christmas was due to a lingering cold. I hope that's not what the Queen caught. Although she is robust, in your 90s, even a minor cold can linger for weeks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48January 24, 2020 5:29 AM

There's no question that the stress from Meghan's schemes is what will have killed the Queen, but if she tragically dies before Brexit, it will make the celebration on the day bittersweet.

by Anonymousreply 49January 24, 2020 5:31 AM

The Queen is Dead, Boys!

by Anonymousreply 50January 24, 2020 5:33 AM

[quote]part of the reason Philip went to hospital before Christmas was due to a lingering cold. I hope that's not what the Queen caught

I sincerely hope she didn't catch it from him trying to do the royal nasty with her. He needs to be confined.

by Anonymousreply 51January 24, 2020 5:34 AM

Meghan Markle better pray QEII recovers or lost forever will be her dream of playing Elizabeth I in Greta Girwig's punk musical biopic.

Box office poison, she'll be.

by Anonymousreply 52January 24, 2020 11:22 AM

R49 channelling the perfect Sun opinion piece. Touching all bases!

by Anonymousreply 53January 24, 2020 11:30 AM

Lizard woman 🦎

by Anonymousreply 54January 24, 2020 11:40 AM

She's got..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 24, 2020 11:55 AM

R43 - And they say we British are repressed . . .

by Anonymousreply 56January 24, 2020 1:11 PM

R49 - Oh, that's nonsense. Her Maj is going to be 94 in April. If she pops off from pneumonia it will be unsurprising, if shocking to the national spirit.

That said, I don't doubt that plenty of people will also suggest that her immune system was weakened from stress because of the Harkles. It will be more bad PR for the Sussexes, but much as I despise them both, I would be cynical about any such suggestion.

Ma'am has already surpassed, and so has her husband, the Biblical allotment of threescore and ten thanks to eating quality foods, not smoking, and access to the very best medical care available on the planet. So far as I know, she has escaped into her 90s without dementia, cancer, heart disease, neuro-degenerative diseases, diabetes, and all the other aids Mother Nature uses to weed out the species and make room for new blooms.

Her father died young of lung cancer - but he was also a heavy smoker, as was her sister, who died much earlier. HM, on the other hand, seems to have inherited her mother's incredible constitution along with a good deal of self-discipline of habit, including regular exercise.

But even those aren't enough to explain the seemingly complete absence of most of the other ills that effect seniors over 80. It is quite remarkable.

Remains to be seen if Charles has also inherited that constitution.

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2020 1:20 PM

Charles drinks. And obviously a lot. Though that didn't keep his granny from going strong forever. Still he's a man and will have a shorter life span in any case. He has had the longest training period for a job in the history of the world by many decades.

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2020 1:31 PM

I wonder how Charles feels about probably having a very short reign once he FINALLY gets to take the top spot as King?

I'd be a bit bitter myself.

by Anonymousreply 59January 25, 2020 3:15 AM

If the Queen lives as long as her mother did, Charles won't become king until he's 79 years old!

by Anonymousreply 60January 25, 2020 4:51 AM

Please don't be too harsh on me, Datalounge. I'm almost 60, and I'll be in tears when she dies. That's the longest performance in my life.

by Anonymousreply 61January 25, 2020 5:11 AM

William won't see the throne until he's an OAP.

by Anonymousreply 62January 25, 2020 5:41 AM

If you look at Charles, though, he's had a long life of comparative freedom to bang on about the things that matter to him... architecture and environment come to mind. The Prince's Trust has a been a massive accomplishment that's done a lot of good. (Harry could have done God knows what with Invictus if he'd stuck inside the system.) I think he will still talk about environment as king... I think he feels (and agree with his platform has) a moral imperative to keep up the pressure. I'd rather have him that than writing on bananas.

by Anonymousreply 63January 25, 2020 1:23 PM

What’s the fuss about her age? US presidential candidates aren’t much younger these days. Geriatrics won’t quit!

by Anonymousreply 64January 25, 2020 1:31 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 25, 2020 6:11 PM

She looks like shit!

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2020 6:15 PM

R66 She's 94...what are you expecting? Scarlett Johansson?

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2020 8:35 PM

R67, compared to pics from a few months ago she does look bad here. Hope she pulls through all this crap her offspring are causing.

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2020 8:51 PM

One down, five more to go...

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2020 8:58 PM

I'm an American, and when I mention my respect for her, people always mock me. Great Britain is a democracy. The people of Great Britain can always choose to change their government. I respect the British Head of State because I grew up being taught that was my place. But, even more, Queen Elizabeth is the only living person in my long {(58 years) life who has never let me down, or disappointed me. Sometimes, you need to look up to someone.

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2020 9:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!