Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sunscreen that doesn’t make your face look oily?

I have basal cell skin cancer and need to start using sunscreen. I’ve never found one that doesn’t make my face look greasy.

Suggestions?

Hugs

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 3:17 PM

Paula's Choice Resist SPF 30. It's super light, doesn't feel oily in the slightest and you barely need any to cover your face. I use less than a pea sized amount for my face and one for my head. Also it's slightly tinted so it actually kind of blurs and evens overall skin tone.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 5:47 PM

Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch sunscreen or Neutrogena Clear Face sunscreen

You can buy them at the drug store or grocery store

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 5:59 PM

“Start???” Good god. How old are you? “Looking greasy” might be an improvement for you.

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 6:11 PM

For everyday use, I like Neutrogena's oil-free moisture with SPF 35. Other Neutrogena sunscreens are toxic enough that they hurt my eyes, and the texture is often offputting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 6:17 PM

Kiehls

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 6:22 PM

Get the geisha sunscreen.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 6:25 PM

People with oily skin swear by this sunscreen. It's a favorite of dermatologists. It also comes in a lightly tinted version, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 6:26 PM

OP, stick with Korean or Japanese sunscreens. They are much better quality than American ones. They dry very quickly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 6:27 PM

Australian gold mineral based spf 50 (available at drugstores/ulta/amazon)

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 6:28 PM

If you like the elta md Costco often has it at half the retail store price.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 6:30 PM

Clarins UV Plus Anti Pollution Sunscreen Multi-Protection Broad Spectrum SPF 50 - $43 but worth it. Non greasy, non stingy

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 6:34 PM

Seconding R1 except I use the SPF 50.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 6:34 PM

I second Elta MD UV clear. Excellent product to use every day. Australian Gold mineral mentioned above is also excellent but has a bit of a tint and cast. Not so much of you rub in well. I save this one for hotter weather when I know I’ll be sweating more. It does kill the shine and is matte and calming.

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 6:35 PM

I love this Neutrogena stick sunscreen. I live in Florida where sunscreen on your face is a must. This goes on just like deodorant and it lasts forever. Sweatproof as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 8:27 PM

Some old guy I know said he used minerals or something from Color Science which seems like makeup.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 3:17 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!