Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

New coronavirus may have 'jumped' to humans from snakes, study finds

As an outbreak of a new coronavirus continues to grow in China and spread to other countries, one question remains: Where did the virus come from? Now, a new study points to a slithering suspect: snakes.

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses — some cause illness in people, while others infect animals, including camels, cats and bats, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). In rare cases, coronaviruses in animals can evolve to infect people and then spread between people. This was the case with SARS and MERS (Middle East respiratory syndrome) and appears to be the case with 2019-nCoV.

by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2020 6:48 PM

Yeah, we already saw that in one of the other nine threads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 2:38 PM

no you didn't

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 4:33 PM
by Anonymousreply 3January 25, 2020 1:04 PM

Maybe they should quit drinking snake blood.

by Anonymousreply 4January 25, 2020 1:07 PM

My kung pao bat tasted a little off tonight.

by Anonymousreply 5January 25, 2020 1:21 PM

Crap! My snake and bat meat investments are plummeting!

by Anonymousreply 6January 25, 2020 1:24 PM

No snake sushi for YOU!

by Anonymousreply 7January 25, 2020 1:29 PM

No snake sushi for YOU!

by Anonymousreply 8January 25, 2020 1:29 PM

Such delicacy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 25, 2020 1:43 PM

We have you right where we we want you. Another degree and half of warming and viruses will be the least of your worries. My cousins are waking up and their famished. I'd think you guys would appreciate the biological perfection of an animal that's basically a 50 dick with a hole at each end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 25, 2020 1:59 PM

Maybe from eating frogs like this too. What a shithole epicure!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 27, 2020 4:41 PM

[quote] and their famished

Now go to the corner and think about what you've done, R10.

by Anonymousreply 12January 27, 2020 6:04 PM

An actual snake, or Abigail Breslin?

by Anonymousreply 13January 27, 2020 6:09 PM

R12,LOL, thanks.

I think THEY'RE back to the bat theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 27, 2020 6:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!