Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The long history of Joe Biden working with Republicans to gut Social Security

Joe Biden is very offended that Bernie Sanders and many of his prominent supporters have been pointing out Biden’s fickle relationship with Social Security. Namely, that he has, for decades, pushed for cuts, siding with Republicans in their efforts to reduce government spending.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 12:00 AM

Russia, if your listening, take your stank asses back to Moscow, eat shit and die.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 1:59 PM

I'm glad this is being pointed out. It's really just the tip of the iceberg with Biden. #Bernie2020

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Woke Jezebel trolling for clicks. Ta da!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 2:00 PM

Don't care, if he's more likely to win.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 2:02 PM

As people have rightly said, if Biden is elected - as a do-nothing, go along, "return to normalcy" President, we are very likely to get someone even worse than Trump down the line. With the many social and economic ills of this country simmering and people desperately needing help - ever-growing tent cities, people living in their cars, climate change and the health care crisis - whatever - you need someone who is going to try to address these things. And getting money and its influence out of politics, which Biden has steadfastly refused to consider - he's already in the pocket of so many big-money donors who are diametrically opposed to the concerns average people. You sure don't need someone who is still in the cut-entitlements mentality of the 80's-90's. Better than Trump, yeah who isn't? Not saying much.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 2:25 PM

M'kay. Yes in upside down world, you are advanced shitting on a potential Biden presidency as the cause of future POTUSs worse than Trump.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 2:27 PM

OP this is an already discredited smear against Biden put out by Bernie with a manipulated video and amplified by Trump and Russian bots.

Go fuck yourself in "the Slot" with your propaganda. I hope it's pointy.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 2:30 PM

Biden vs. Trump: Biden +4.6 (+4.0 last week)

Sanders vs. Trump: Sanders +3.5

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 2:35 PM

I'm not voting for an 80 yr old who just had a fucking heart attack. In addition to which, Bernie cannot work with Congress. It is a fact, not an opinion. He has been in Congress for more than 30 yrs and accomplished nothing. All his recent pronouncements about Civil Rights, Gun Safety, Immigration, etc. are bullshit. He is all bullshit. Like Trump he is happiest holding rallies and preaching. He rants and raves and talks about what we need and what we ought to do and he is a thinly veiled grievance candidate like...Trump.

If he were elected, he would go to Washington with a hostile Congress. They'd block him every step of the way...both parties. I refuse to participate in a fucking 3 ring circus, led by an egomaniac who hogs the limelight and literally shoves everyone else out of the way. The sound of BErnie's voice ranting for four fucking years, or even one more year, is more than I can bear. I've had enough. I want a true Democrat who stands for what the Democratic Party stands for and who will bring stability. I want someone who will be able to serve for 8 years. I want someone who has the good sense to chose a running mate who will be a true partner.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 5:59 PM

Voting for Bernie will guarantee Trump gets re-elected. Trump and Putin would love to have BErnie as the opponent. Truly.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 6:04 PM

Fox Business is spreading some fake reporting about Obama trying to stop Bernie, which is bullshit and clearly designed to raise Bernie's profile higher. They WANT to run against Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 6:06 PM

R7 There are numerous recorded examples of this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12January 24, 2020 1:51 AM

[quote] M'kay. Yes in upside down world, you are advanced shitting on a potential Biden presidency as the cause of future POTUSs worse than Trump.

You think I'm just making this up? You need experts to tell you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 24, 2020 1:58 AM

PS Robert Reich isn't the only one saying this. It makes sense. The mainstream media you watch is probably not going to bring it up.

by Anonymousreply 14January 24, 2020 2:00 AM

The never-Bernies are really getting desperate.

This is not a smear, it’s the entire arc of Biden’s political career in a nutshell. He has always been a third-way, center-right Democrat, desperate to court conservative voters, corporate support and donations from the monied classes by selling out the working class base of the Democratic party. None of that has a single thing to do with Bernie Sanders, and everything to do with the corrupt leadership of the Democratic party, who’ve been falling all over themselves in a 4-decade-long lurch to the right that started under Reagan. Biden is a dinosaur who should’ve gone extinct 30 years ago.

He represents nothing forward thinking or progressive. He wants to take us back to 1990, which is better than Trump taking us back to 1850, but still not the direction we need to go in. Corporate welfare needs to end immediately, a wealth tax needs to be enacted, and we need to strengthen and enlarge the safety net, not kill it incrementally, which is all Biden has ever wanted to do with his political power. He’s no different than a Rand Paul conservative when it comes to poor people getting help from the governement.

by Anonymousreply 15January 24, 2020 3:13 PM

And if Biden can beat Trump, everything you wrote at R15 is moot.

by Anonymousreply 16January 24, 2020 3:28 PM

The OP and the Bros are really getting desperate. And I love it!

by Anonymousreply 17January 24, 2020 3:34 PM

R16, that doesn’t even make sense. My points about Biden being a stealth-conservative toady for the ruling class his whole career are “moot” if he can beat Trump? Come again??

Which is not even correct. Biden is not the most electable against Trump. He never was.

Guess who currently is? If your whole point to voting is to oust Trump, you might need to rethink who you’re supporting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 4:13 PM

r12 posts Russian-sponsored "The Intercept" as his source. Good idea!

by Anonymousreply 19January 24, 2020 6:46 PM

That's because everything you wrote is suspect, R15.

[quote]Biden is not the most electable against Trump. He never was.

Except that he was, and is:

[quote]In a CNN poll last month [December 2019], 40 percent of likely Democratic voters who responded said they thought Mr. Biden would be the strongest candidate against Mr. Trump. Only 16 percent pointed to Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Mr. Biden’s closest rival.

Look, I don't want to get into a pissing contest over Biden vs. Bernie. I'll vote for the Democrat no matter who it is (except Tulsi Gabbard, a Russian stooge... oops, if I exclude Russian stooges, that means not voting for Bernie either. Okay, that was humor. Don't get your panties in a twist). I hope everyone will vote for the Democrat because the future of the nation, if not the world, depends on it. I just don't believe an 80-year-old heart attack patient without a record of accomplishments in 30+ years of government service has much of a chance of getting anything done, whether he croaks shortly after taking office or manages to survive long enough to actually work with the Congress.

I guess the important question is who Bernie picks as a running mate.

by Anonymousreply 20January 24, 2020 10:11 PM

R15 Thanks, I agree completely.

R19 So, if you think it's factually inaccurate, how about proving it? Instead of just Russia-baiting?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 25, 2020 12:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!