Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Trump's Muslim et al Travel Ban

New countries to be added. Collect them all!

Belarus, Myanmar, Eritrea, Kyrgyzstan, Nigeria, Sudan and Tanzania!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 2:33 PM

Myanmar? They removed their ... difficult group already. They're jetting towards secular modernity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 1:44 PM

Come on, Senate, how can you remove a president this racist and antiabortion?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 1:45 PM

Belarus deserves it, for routinely executing hot snatch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 1:46 PM

Limiting birth tourism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 1:48 PM

[quote] Belarus

I don't get it - Belarus isn't Muslim and is relatively trivial. It's mostly conservative Christian. Why ban it?

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 2:01 PM

Maybe it's like Russia, R5, with tons of scammers. Their men are ok, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 2:04 PM

Belarus

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 2:10 PM

How many of those countries have nothing to do with Islam and everything to do with high numbers of tourists overstaying their visas?

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 2:12 PM

Travel from Belarus to the US is already quite limited: Approximately 20,000 Belarusians received visas to travel or move to the US in 2018, according to the US State Department. More than 17,000 of these travelers were on short-term B-1/2 visas, issued to people seeking the right to travel to the US for business or tourism. It’s rare for citizens of Belarus to overstay their US visa term, with an estimated visa overstay rate of about 4%.

It’s easier to find possible explanations for many of the other countries on the list: Eritrea, Sudan, and Nigeria all have visa overstay rates of over 10%. In Kyrgyzstan, growing threats of terror may have provoked anxiety among administration officials: As of 2019, up to 800 Kyrgyz citizens had enrolled in militant groups in Syria.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 2:14 PM

I think there was someone in Bel Ami's harem or William Higgins' stable who was from Belarus.

Anyone remember who he was? Most are Czech, a few are Slovak, but I'm pretty sure one was Belarusian.

I hope he's doing ok! I was going to sponsor his visa!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 2:23 PM

Maybe it was Melania who snuck that specific ban in :). Belarus has very pretty mail-brides. And we all know Trump - he has a pattern. First wife was Czech, second wife was Slovenian, third wife - well, he's probably auditioning some girl in Belarus as we speak. He won't stop until he wifes up the whole region.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 2:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!