Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Are You Going Blind Trying To Read Many Websites?

Especially the ones that use a very light grey font? Here's something that may help you. And this is specifically for folks on Windows computers. I'm not familiar with the Apple system.

First, go to a website that you have trouble reading. Minimize your browser so your desktop is showing and right click a blank area. Click "graphics properties". Click "display". Click "color settings" (on the left). At the bottom of the frame look at your gamma settings. The default will probably be set at "1". Reduce the gamma setting lower. Small increments can make big changes. Go down 1 # at a time and check the web page you were on. Keep going until you find a setting that makes things easier for you to read. Then save your settings. Don't go too far or you'll darken things so much it will negatively affect graphics and photos. I found going to 1.0 to 0.8 did the trick for me.

Maybe one day web site developers will think about those of us with vision problems.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 12:33 PM

I am 29 and I hate the fact between the office work phone etc, looking at white screens all day suck. I tend to turn on "night mode" on any website or app that has it. White text on black text is a lot better.

Windows has a darkmode theme for folders chrome etc, too lazy to give directions at the moment. We need to stop staring at screens all day! I'm "young" and realize this.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 12:33 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!