Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Your work ethnic”

Big drama in the office as this line appeared in an email from one white person to another white person who meant to question the former’s “work ETHIC”.

The cc line was more diverse than just complaining caucasians.

HR and Compliance (!!!!) may be pulled in.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 1:18 PM

Irrespective of whether the recipient is or is not a good worker, the sender should be reprimanded, especially if the sender is the manager.

The sender has exposed himself and the company to claims of harassment.

HR issues should be handled by supervisors confidentially. By sending this email, the sender has ensured that no further remedial or disciplinary action can be undertaken to improve or correct the recipient's "worth ethic" or productivity without facing further claims of harassment.

HR and Compliance may be pulled in? Whoever is running that shit show would be a fool if they didn't immediate bring in HR and lawyers immediately upon seeing that email.

by Anonymousreply 1January 23, 2020 1:31 AM

typo or spell check error... cant be disproven

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 2:03 AM

R1 must work in HR. I use the term "work" loosely as it pertains to the HR department...

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 2:19 AM

I recommend contracting a trainer to conduct some sensitivity training, followed by a morale boosting Crazy Popcorn Bowl Contest to see who can bring in the most creatively decorated snack bowl!

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 2:24 AM

Why are they cc’ing a bunch of people anyway? That’s such a bitch move.

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 2:38 AM

It really is r5. Why would an email like that even have other people CC'ed on it.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 5:00 AM

Never happened.

by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 5:59 AM

I loathe corporate America.

Should’ve become a well paid whore instead. No HR, and no emails regarding work ethic, though all ethnics and eunuchs are welcome!

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 6:05 AM

R6, my company is addicted to endlessly long email chains with bloated recipients (“+ Jane Doe for visibility”).

So when one of those chains devolves into a fight, there is often an audience.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 12:03 PM

[quote][R1] must work in HR. I use the term "work" loosely as it pertains to the HR department...

Um, no - just frequently dealt with the idiocy and brain dead decisions of stupid executives and managers that inevitably required HR and lawyers.

People just don't think before doing what ought to be plainly ill-advised actions.

It's truly mind boggling how people can reach relatively senior levels of relatively large organizations and have monumentally bad decision making skills and poor impulse control.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 12:54 PM

Agree, R10 -- and they can't spell either!

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 1:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!