Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why do old Dudes walk around Naked in the Lockerroom?

They are scaring off all the hot bros

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2020 8:53 PM

I think at a certain point they just have no fucks to give.

When I worked at a country club, there was one young and HOT guy who would do all his business in the locker room butt naked. Naturally I had to check the locker room when he was around. But yeah, he was the only one the 3 summers I was there.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 11:59 PM

This thread shall go well. Getting out the popcorn now.

by Anonymousreply 2January 23, 2020 12:01 AM

Vaudeville! đŸ€Ș

by Anonymousreply 3January 23, 2020 12:08 AM

I thought the hot bros don't even use the locker room in the first place, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4January 23, 2020 12:17 AM

That’s a big reason why they don’t

by Anonymousreply 5January 23, 2020 12:22 AM

Oh yeah? Is that backed by a poll or something? Or did you ask them all.

by Anonymousreply 6January 23, 2020 12:28 AM

These days you work out and put your work clothes on while you are still sweaty and covered with MRSA bacteria. I may get a nasty infection, but at least no one saw my wiener in the locker room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 23, 2020 12:30 AM

I'm Asian and frequent a Korean Spa. All of the Asian men, from child to senior, walk around naked with no shame. Invariably, it's white guys who have the towel wrapped around themselves, immediately sexualizing the atmosphere, whereas, before, it was just a bunch of naked men who just want to relax. Why are you calling attention to your nakedness under the towel? Is your hesitancy more an embarrassment of your size or appearance or your sexual hang-up? Were you brought up to believe nudity was naughty?

by Anonymousreply 8January 23, 2020 12:30 AM

I tend to walk from the tanning booth to my locker nude, it's just around the corner, and sometimes over to the scale naked. Other than that, usually wear a towel. There's a really hot guy at the gym, and we're pretty friendly. We both tend to take showers with the shower curtain open and sometimes lather up outside of the shower stall. I've known him for about fifteen years, since he was a college kid working at the gym. I don't think he's really gay, but he likes to show off, and he does check me out. Personally, I'm more than happy to have anyone look at me naked. I've worked hard to get into shape, and like my friend, I like the attention. I really hope they enjoy looking at me.

by Anonymousreply 9January 23, 2020 12:34 AM

R8 I had a conversation with an Asian friend about the public bathing in japan and spa culture amongst Asian men, and he told me the reason Asian men are so comfortable being naked around each other is how similar your bodies are. The frame, the muscularity, the body hair, the flaccid penis size. testicles. Generally, he said, when he looks at a naked Asian man in a spa it's like looking in a mirror. Whereas when he is in the locker room at the fitness club, he will not walk around naked because he feels his penis is noticeably smaller than Caucasian or black men.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 12:49 AM

OP - You came to the right place. Well, DL eldergays... why do you do that?

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 12:54 AM

You type frau, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 1:13 AM

R10 why are Asian penises so small? I feel sad whenever I see china men in the locker room. Usually a big blackbush and a small brown nub. Balls are also not prominent either. It all seems so unfair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 1:16 AM

It is! R13 I have the Irish curse and I wouldn't even change in front of a "china man"!

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 1:20 AM

Once again, for R13

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 1:28 AM

R14 would you switch places with the China men or is it better to have the Irish curse? It doesn’t seem very lucky. Is it a curse of a Leprechaun penis? Maybe that’s why they hide? A wee weewee? ☘

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 1:29 AM

Old guys are from an era where men were used to being nude in front of each other. It was normal and not seen as weird. That said, many old guys in gyms could be a like more discreet or modest. Using the hand dryer to blow dry your crotch? Really?

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 1:58 AM

*little

by Anonymousreply 18January 23, 2020 1:59 AM

I don't see why having an old naked guy in the locker room would scare off any dude bros...

by Anonymousreply 19January 23, 2020 2:03 AM

The reason we flaunt it, is we don't have anymore fucks to give. We accept that this is as good as it gets. No one checks out the old geysers in a locker room. Everyone is checking out the hot duds. We're invisible.

by Anonymousreply 20January 23, 2020 2:14 AM

Most of the convos here about bathhouses have extensive comments from younger guys who are grossed out by the thought of seeing (or being seen by) a naked person who is either older, unattractive, or both. Instead of it just being a normal reality, they take it as a personal insult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 2:15 AM

[quote]We both tend to take showers with the shower curtain open and sometimes lather up outside of the shower stall.

Why lather up outside of the shower? That's not even something people who are simply nonchalant about nudity would do. It's unnecessary, unless you're cruising, which you are. I mean, do your thing, but don't act like you're just being carefree when your motivation is to be seen naked by others.

All of these ask the same question--"Why are hot guys so uptight about my checking out their package in the locker room?"

R15 Nobody makes fun of Japanese guys. It's the Chinese guys who have been saddled with the stereotype.

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 2:16 AM

I consider myself a true Equinox whore that has walked completely naked and cum in several locations spanning east & west coasts as well as abroad (London & Vancouver). The guys maintain a consistent level of hotness throughout. I love that everyone walks around naked, especially the tech and finance bros. I think this is a good thing. Today a moderate, yet not completely ugly eldergay adj. was rocking a jock strap and I don't think it worked, but nobody cared.

by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 2:19 AM

“No one checks out the old geysers in a locker room. Everyone is checking out the hot duds.”

I have checked out old geysers in other places, though! And I never wear hot duds at Yellowstone—no reason to dress up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 2:27 AM

OP, have you considered that the "old dude" was you 30-40 years ago, proudly displaying his fit naked body and attracting the other hot bros? He probably didn't appreciate the older men during his youthful fun-seeking, either. But time marches on. He's probably grown emotionally along with chronological age and feels good enough about himself to know his worth and that of others who have crossed over into the dead zone of 40+. I hope he doesn't let your negative attitude ruin his day. When you're lucky enough to reach his age, you'll smile with the wisdom you'll have gained as you're dismissed by younger, hotter bros. It's the circle of life. You'll understand why you've earned the right to walk around any damn way you please by a certain age.

by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2020 2:31 AM

I don't want no old white man looking at my Tampax!!!

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2020 2:37 AM

I've heard all the stereotypes, but I have to say I know two Chinese guys well enough to have seen them naked, and they both show very respectable dick size...

As for OP -You're an asshole, plain and simple. I look better naked now, in my fifties, than I did in my twenties. I'm more fit and better groomed. Body Nazis like you keep lots of people away from the gym. It's not easy to get yourself in (better) shape, especially as you get older. Don't despise the people who are there, trying. If you must throw hate all over people, do on the ones who really need to get to the gym, but don't bother. And remember, as others have said, it's going to be you some day!

by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2020 2:57 AM

The Asian small dick stereotype is a bunch of holdover crap from the 1980s or something. I see way more obese whites and blacks with penis-minus

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2020 3:01 AM

r28 (waves) Black guy here with penis-minus. Good to see you again. (Radiation for cancer caused major permanent shrinkage, but I wasn't working with much anyway)

by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2020 3:29 AM

Actually, the small-Asian-penis stereotype was spread about during WWII. Gotta belittle the enemy any way you can...

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2020 3:38 AM

They must be oblivious to the fact they are the only ones walking around naked. Or they enjoy being the odd duck.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2020 11:31 AM

[quote]They are scaring off all the hot bros

Wrong. Your face is.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2020 11:55 AM

No shame left

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2020 12:43 PM

"Nobody makes fun of Japanese guys. It's the Chinese guys who have been saddled with the stereotype."

Well, you haven't read DL very much. ALL Asians are lumped into one group. But, the Irish and the British are treated as separate groups.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2020 12:57 PM

[bold] Cue The "Millennials Are Bad People Because They Don't Let Us Gawk At Them In The Locker Room And Don't Know What They Are Missing Being Naked In Front Of A Group Of Men Troll [/bold]

It HAS been a month since he last posted....

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2020 1:02 PM

Oh wow

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2020 1:17 PM

That old troll is most likely dead r35

by Anonymousreply 37January 23, 2020 2:10 PM

So R15 Chinese and Japanese guys have big dicks - and the whole thing abort small ones ie a myth?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 23, 2020 2:23 PM

R28 my first boyfriend was black, and had a very small dick. So small that when he jacked off, his hand would slip off. The fact that he was Black and it was small I think made him even more self conscious, but, I am not a size queen so I didnt mind.

Current boyfriend is Taiwanese and he has a huge cock.

I do believe the stereotypes hold true, but just as a general rule of thumb. I think the thing about Asians having small penis is a bit overblown however.

by Anonymousreply 39January 23, 2020 2:35 PM

my dick is teeny tiny when flaccid. It's embarrassing. But erect it's 6 inches with above ave girth, so what you see in a locker room is not necessarily what you get in the bedroom. Every naked asian guy I have ever seen was pretty small when soft.

by Anonymousreply 40January 23, 2020 2:48 PM

No one wants to gawk at you in any state, YourMillennialFriend at R35.

by Anonymousreply 41January 23, 2020 2:52 PM

It’s funny that the ones no one wants to see naked are naked, while the ones people want to see naked won’t even take off their shirts

by Anonymousreply 42January 23, 2020 3:11 PM

[quote] No one checks out the old geysers

How ... vivid.

by Anonymousreply 43January 23, 2020 3:14 PM

It used to irritate me when older guys walked around nude and were obviously cruising in the locker room. Probably because I wanted them to be young and hot. But just regular old guys walking around naked were invisible to me. The older cruisers were like the old guys that ruined cruising spots by setting up camp there.

by Anonymousreply 44January 23, 2020 3:26 PM

It’s a running joke among gym bros. It’s like “wtf!”

by Anonymousreply 45January 23, 2020 3:46 PM

I was indifferent to the old cruisers and felt sorry for them at first - until I saw how they too rejected anyone who looked like them. They were pissed it another old cruiser tried to hit on them. Also, too many love to cockblock and kill any opportunity for action: setting up camp and never leaving, intentionally positioning themselves between everyone, doing fake aerobics / calisthenics aa a pretext for staying in the sauna/steam, etc It’s like they become bitter and decide that if they aren’t hooking up, neither is anyone else. So after that I started hating them and even called a few on their BS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46January 23, 2020 3:57 PM

*as.

by Anonymousreply 47January 23, 2020 3:58 PM

R46, that’s a sad scene for all involved

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2020 4:06 PM

In college, there was this one old dude that was ALWAYS in the sauna it seemed. He wasn't bad looking, but his constant presence made him unattractive.

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2020 5:18 PM

That’s a garden variety locker room/sauna troll. They only thrive in places where young men undress and exist solely to troll for young dick and cockblock others.

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2020 5:28 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2020 5:59 PM

Some of the camping trolls are straight-up sociopaths.

by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2020 6:08 PM

I go into the locker room to wash my hands or to pee. I leave and shower at home. I'm a millennial.

by Anonymousreply 53January 23, 2020 6:25 PM

R46, Ugg. 100 percent, this. I'm an eldgergay who used to be hot, but I remember this guy.

Now, I only exercise in the privacy of my home, to protect others from my hideousness.

by Anonymousreply 54January 23, 2020 6:51 PM

Older guys—and even not so old—came of age when you were naked in the locker room. They don’t subscribe to this towel dance paranoia. There were communal showers, so it was normal to see other guys naked. You’re supposed to be naked in the locker room, and yes, it’s a lot more convenient to shower at the gym after a workout.

This constant afraid to be naked paranoia sexualizes everyone rather than being naked and going about your business as normal. If millennials would calm down, they would realize how easy it is to be naked. Nowadays, even with individual showers there is more paranoia than in open communal showers.

by Anonymousreply 55January 23, 2020 7:19 PM

R55 you're right. When I was younger and would go to gyms (the Y mostly as gyms as a business weren't really a thing yet) everyone from the young to the old would be naked as part of the routine of getting ready to play basketball, go swimming, or whatever. Then, everyone would shower afterwards. I guess some guys didn't but that was a hygiene thing, not a shyness thing. I would peek as discreetly as I could (we're talking small city 1970s) but no one was afraid to be seen. Dick size, flab, weird bodies--it just didn't matter as we didn't sexualize every guy around us. Also, there wasn't shame that we have now if you're under-endowed or heavy/fat, even if you're there to get rid of the extra weight. I haven't been in that kind of situation for a long time but I was recently on a cruise and would use the locker room a lot. Guys my age--mid-60s--had no problem being naked. Younger guys--<40--would be much more reluctant to be naked. Like, wear a bathing suit into the shower. Very odd.

by Anonymousreply 56January 23, 2020 9:25 PM

Most people back then didn’t see themselves as sex objects - nudity was a fact of life. Now with all the hyper awareness about sexual abuse and everything so sexually commercialized and objectified on the internet, people think anything related to nudity is primarily about sex - even locker rooms.

by Anonymousreply 57January 24, 2020 4:20 AM

In the 80s, 90s and 2000s, I worked out at lunch time at the downtown Y in a major U.S. city. It was an old building, fairly modern locker room and communal shower room. The place was very busy with lawyers and district attorneys from the court house next door, city workers, political types, real estate guys, investment bankers, finance guys and even some musicians from the Symphony. We all saw each other naked almost every day since working out at lunch time was very popular. The were a steady stream of gay and straight naked men in the communal shower because no one wanted to go back to work without showering. But it wasn't an issue. People just showered. And if you had some time to spare, you may have even sat naked in the adjacent steam room. That's what men did. Now they do the towel dance and and wallow in paranoia.

The communal shower keeps everyone real. Individual showers, curtains, the Internet and maybe even more gay acceptance has created locker room paranoia with gay and straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 58January 24, 2020 7:52 AM

[quote] and objectified on the internet,

I wonder if the constant bombardment of “perfect” bodies on every feed and everywhere you look has an affect. Since most people don’t look anything like these people body-wise, I’m wondering if it’s more shame/embarrassment than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 59January 24, 2020 8:52 AM

[quote]I wonder if the constant bombardment of “perfect” bodies on every feed and everywhere you look has an affect.

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 60January 24, 2020 10:38 AM

What’s the problem, r60?

As an English Major I assure you “affect” is correct. Far too many people around here seem to think “effect” is right when it rarely is.

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2020 11:29 AM

I think the simple answer is that cell phones have changed public nudity, and not for the better

by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2020 6:53 PM

One those ball sacs are free to drag along the floor, there is just no getting them back into undershorts easily.

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2020 6:55 PM

"No one checks out the old geysers."

I do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64January 25, 2020 1:45 AM

If you want an eye full of old nasty dudes, go for a swim at the Sepulveda rec center in WLA. The pool actually isn't that bad, but the VA Center in near by and you get a lot of old homeless guys showering in their. This one guy had some kind of infected nut sack that looked like a grapefruit.

I find it's not the elderly men at the gym that are the problem (I don't see see much of them though), it is the mid 50's guys who don't even work out. They just come to the gym to rotate between the steam/sauna, they cock block all the fun, and they are always wearing Havianas, which is just annoying.

by Anonymousreply 65January 25, 2020 5:54 AM

R15 any study that uses self reporting is flawed.

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2020 8:36 AM

Nudity is fine but dudes jerking off in the showers, sauna, or lockerroom need to knock that shit off no one wants to step in your drippings when trying to actually shower after working out.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2020 9:24 AM

R67 the word actually is not needed in that sentence.

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2020 10:26 AM

[quote] The pool actually isn't that bad, but the VA Center in near by and you get a lot of old homeless guys showering in their.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2020 11:17 AM

R67, you do realize showers have drains, right? Or do you think you’re also standing in the prior person’s filth, too?

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2020 11:18 AM

My gym has a happy middle ground: shower stalls with doors that are of blurry glass—almost transparent when wet—so passersby can make out the shapely forms within but not enough that the timid young are revealing every detail.

R61, your English studies must have been in some dusty and forgotten past, because R59's "bombardment" surely was meant to have an effect, not an affect. R60 is correct to oh-dear.

by Anonymousreply 71January 25, 2020 11:53 AM

Friends from Latin American countries have told me they find the lack of modesty in locker rooms a bit odd. It’s normal to be naked at points while changing, but people walking around with everything swinging and flopping around seems inconsiderate to them. I kind of see their point, and make an effort to be discreet when walking around or changing, but all the towel dancing is stupid paranoia. People need to get over themselves.

by Anonymousreply 72January 25, 2020 4:14 PM

Locker rooms are places to be naked, old or young do what you like.

by Anonymousreply 73January 26, 2020 10:08 AM

[quote]I wonder if the constant bombardment of “perfect” bodies on every feed and everywhere you look has an affect.

[quote]Oh, DEAR.

[quote]What’s the problem, [R60]?

[quote]As an English Major I assure you “affect” is correct. Far too many people around here seem to think “effect” is right when it rarely is.

Your assurances are meaningless. The word you were looking for was the noun “effect.” Cause leads to effect. In this case, you were wondering if the constant “bombardment” of “perfect bodies” was having an effect on society’s attitudes around nudity. The noun “affect” means emotion, emotional content, or indicators of emotional state. While the English majors at Phoenix University might indeed speculate whether airborne bodies lobbed like artillery shells have emotion, the rest of us could not possibly care less.

by Anonymousreply 74January 26, 2020 3:16 PM

[quote]Oh, DEAR.

[quote]What’s the problem, [R60]?

[quote]As an English Major I assure you “affect” is correct. Far too many people around here seem to think “effect” is right when it rarely is.

Your assurances are meaningless. The word you were looking for was the noun “effect.” Cause leads to effect. In this case, you were wondering if the constant “bombardment” of “perfect bodies” was having an effect on society’s attitudes around nudity. The noun “affect” means emotion, emotional content, or indicators of emotional state. While the English majors at Phoenix University might indeed speculate whether airborne bodies lobbed like artillery shells have emotion, the rest of us could not possibly care less.

by Anonymousreply 75January 26, 2020 3:16 PM

The pool actually isn't that bad, but the VA Center in near by and you get a lot of old homeless guys showering in their.

Oh, dear! —Anonymous

in their......altogether?

by Anonymousreply 76January 26, 2020 3:21 PM

Dear, oh dear, a female dear. Ray, a gay guy at the bar. Me, me me, me me me me me ,me,me me me me me me.

by Anonymousreply 77January 26, 2020 3:21 PM

R76 - As soon as I typed that and saw that I used "their" vs. "there", I knew that an "oh, dear" correction was coming. I appreciate your diligence and reliability.

by Anonymousreply 78January 26, 2020 5:50 PM

Yes, R70 Showers do have drains but some guys don't limit their activity to the showers.

by Anonymousreply 79January 26, 2020 5:55 PM

As a Plumbing Major, I assure you “drain” is correct. Far too many people around here seem to think “filth” is right when it rarely is.

by Anonymousreply 80January 26, 2020 7:36 PM

No wonder so many of you are hopelessly single. Fuck, let it go. It’s an anonymous forum about random bullshit, not a novel you are about to publish together.

by Anonymousreply 81January 26, 2020 8:14 PM

Somebody’s better make a new thread to continue this one

by Anonymousreply 82January 26, 2020 8:53 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!