Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AOC goes after Biden

[quote]I don’t understand why some folks run as if the internet doesn’t exist. Joe Biden helped sell the invasion of Iraq and spent years working to cut social security, Medicare, and Medicaid. He’s open to a Republican running mate. Spin it however you want, but those are the facts.

She's an official Bernie surrogate, btw, and they'll hold a huge rally together in Iowa on Sunday, with Bon Iver and Portugal. The Man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 31, 2020 7:24 AM

Soooooo, I guess she'd prefer another 4 years of tRump?

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 5:47 PM

Who the Fuck is Bonnie Bear?!

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 5:49 PM

As bogeyman? Perish the thought!

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 5:49 PM

What the fuck was that with Biden and this reporter just now? 😨

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 5:55 PM

Vampire Weekend will be there too - so Bernie will be able to get that much needed nap in.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 6:00 PM

Oh! And i liked Portugal the Man

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 6:07 PM

This is why Trump will win again in 2020.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2020 6:09 PM

My mom asked me last night if I thought Bernie was a Russian puppet...makes so much sense.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2020 6:10 PM

I thought that was great, R4. The reporter was being a douche and Joe set the record straight. And it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2020 6:15 PM

Didn't Bernie apologize for that doctored video? And now his protegee is going against that and saying he tried to cut those programs? God, when will this little girl grow up and/or get out of politics.

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2020 6:18 PM

Also, nobody with an actual brain thinks Biden would ever have a Republican as a VP. This dumbass is proof that a degree isn't proof of intelligence. I want to see Nancy Pelosi slap the shit out of her.

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2020 6:20 PM

She just needs to stfu.

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2020 6:22 PM

Primary her with someone competent.

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2020 6:22 PM

Biden would be dumb enough to pick a Republican VP.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2020 6:58 PM

AOC, just fuck off!

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2020 7:03 PM

The Bernie Bros have been saying if Sanders is not the Democratic nominee - keeping in mind that his Congressional affiliation is still Independent - they will place their votes for Trump. I would have liked to have see AOC respond to the same scenario.

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2020 7:43 PM

Like other progressives, AOC, Bernie, and Warren are operating under the delusion that major systemic change can be generated from the top-down. For example with M4A, one would think they would be smart enough to see what happened with ACA and realize that it's not so easy as all that. There are very large, powerful, and monied interests on a global level who will fight this change with everything they've got. Which means the kind of change Sanders and Warren are talking about will only happen incrementally, no matter what progressive would like to think.

If Sanders or Warren tried to make these changes through Executive Orders, the courts would be tied up with lawsuits for years. The Bernie Bros must think Sanders is Santa Claus.

What GOP has understood for years is this kind of change really happens from the ground up, which is why the GOP has been so appallingly successful at gaining so much control at the state and local level. This has been their long game and it has paid off. Now the tide is changing a little, but we've got a long way to go.

BTW, the eventual Democratic nominee will need to tread carefully - if he/she is elected and there's any major dip in the economy, you can be sure no one will blame Trump for it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2020 8:06 PM

She’s helping Biden. Get Omar to blab away as well.

by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2020 8:11 PM

primary this cunt

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2020 9:26 PM

R18 has it exactly right, lol

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2020 11:52 PM

AOC means well, but she’s a bull in a China shop.

by Anonymousreply 21January 23, 2020 12:54 AM

that's racist

by Anonymousreply 22January 23, 2020 1:07 AM

She wanted to primary Hakeem Jefferies. FUCK HER.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23January 23, 2020 1:39 AM

R10 The video was NOT doctored, you ass. Bernie did not apologize. There was no need. Biden has multiple videos throughout the year that he wants to cut Medicare+ Social Security.

by Anonymousreply 24January 23, 2020 1:42 AM

I agree with Roseanne Barr on one thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25January 23, 2020 1:46 AM

R24 typo: years.

Good Lord ! I am stunned by that photo of Rosanne at R25. She looks unbelievably bad and bald!

by Anonymousreply 26January 23, 2020 1:49 AM

R24, Bernie did the same thing. In the 90s, he backed "adjusting" social security. Only Bernie and Warren are stupid enough to criticize their opponents for things they can easily be called out for. This may be even dumber than Warren's wine cave comment to Pete. If Bernie hasn't apologized yet as you say, then I apologize on behalf of Bernie to Biden. Bernie is also against raising the retirement age. He's an idiot.

[quote] While running for re-election in 1996, then-Congressman Sanders said at a news conference that the Social Security system had “been adjusted before, and adjustments will have to be made again.” The Sanders campaign has assailed Biden for saying Social Security was in need of “adjustments” in a 2018 speech, with Chief Policy Adviser Warren Gunnels on Wednesday quoting an interest group saying the term was a “euphemism” for cuts.

[quote] Biden on social security: “We need a pro-growth, progressive tax code that treats workers as job creators, as well, not just investors; that gets rid of unprotective loopholes like stepped-up basis; and it raises enough revenue to make sure that the Social Security and Medicare can stay, it still needs adjustments, but can stay; and pay for the things we all acknowledge will grow the country,” he said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 23, 2020 1:57 AM

Please keep talking AOC, all but the leftest of the left Dems hate you, so the more you talk the better it is for Biden

by Anonymousreply 28January 23, 2020 2:12 AM

Did she pay her dues yet or is she still leeching off the Democratic party? Anyone know?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29January 23, 2020 2:16 AM

So very Trump-like of her...to decide to just not pay something everyone else does and is responsible for!

She's such a hypocritical asshole.

by Anonymousreply 30January 23, 2020 2:26 AM

R29 Leeching off the Dem Party? Are you crazy?

The Dem party did NOTHING to get her elected. It was her association w/ Bernie, the DSA, and everyday people who got her elected. She is one of us and that is why she is so feared by the Repugs and sell-out corporate Dems . She is a powerful voice for everything we want, deserve, and have earned through our labor.

by Anonymousreply 31January 23, 2020 2:38 AM

She doesn't speak for everyone in the democratic party R31. Just a small part of it.

by Anonymousreply 32January 23, 2020 2:40 AM

She's so fucking holier-than-thou all the damn time. She should save her ire and trolling for the repugs.

by Anonymousreply 33January 23, 2020 2:42 AM

So why did she run as a Democrat, R31? Surely, she should have rum as an independent. I assume that after she became the nominee, she received DNC funds, no? I despite her, Bernie and the Bros. If he's the nominee, I sit this one out. I can't stand Warren either, but even she would be more palatable.

by Anonymousreply 34January 23, 2020 2:46 AM

Too many typos. *run *despise

by Anonymousreply 35January 23, 2020 2:47 AM

R32 You are so wrong.

by Anonymousreply 36January 23, 2020 2:52 AM

There are no "Bernie bros." It was a smear-tactic invention from MSM, corporate Dems, corrupt DNC,, and malignant narcissist Hillary.

Bernie supporters are all colors, ages, economic status, gender, and sexual orientation.

by Anonymousreply 37January 23, 2020 2:55 AM

LOL, sure

by Anonymousreply 38January 23, 2020 2:58 AM

R38 Ok, Hillary bot.

by Anonymousreply 39January 23, 2020 3:01 AM

AOC is a cunt who needs to be dragged on to the streets and get stoned to death. Her rotten corpse should be crushed into pieces and be fed to her own dogs and vultures. She needs to die one of the worst deaths.

by Anonymousreply 40January 23, 2020 3:11 AM

F&F for R40, from the poster who accused her of 'leeching' off of the Democratic party, upthread. Get help.

by Anonymousreply 41January 23, 2020 3:22 AM

R40 Tell us how you really feel.

by Anonymousreply 42January 23, 2020 3:52 AM

LOL @ "her associations with everyday people"--she does more time in front of the camera than she does actually doing anything. Just like Bernie! And her popularity in her own district is NOT representative of the nation's public opinion on her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 23, 2020 12:53 PM

AOC needs to go back to school.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44January 23, 2020 12:57 PM

Is Portugal The Man better than Portugal The Woman?

by Anonymousreply 45January 23, 2020 1:05 PM

[QUOTE] AOC needs to go back to school.

Her position isn’t due to ignorance or lack of education. She knows exactly what she’s doing: scaremongering and smearing a rival candidate using outright lies.

by Anonymousreply 46January 23, 2020 1:09 PM

R46, you raise a great point--is she legitimately stupid or just a desperate, cutthroat politician? I am leaning towards the former. Her Green New Deal is the main reason why.

by Anonymousreply 47January 23, 2020 1:12 PM

I fundamentally agree with AOC's politics, but one might reasonably think her ambition is to set standards for pompous, duplicitous sanctimony and arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 48January 23, 2020 1:41 PM

This probably helps Biden further, with the center and the midwest.

by Anonymousreply 49January 23, 2020 1:53 PM

With AOC I feel like she was put up as a candidate nobody expected to win. And she did. Now the reality is setting in.

by Anonymousreply 50January 23, 2020 1:53 PM

They're scared because they know that Biden is going to win the nomination. I don't even like him and I know that the race is basically over by now. He has an overwhelming amount of support from idiots, and unlike Bernie and Warren fans, the idiots that support Biden don't wear their insanity on their sleeve. Biden is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 51January 23, 2020 6:56 PM

It will be interesting to see who wins the NY primary. If Sanders doesn't win in AOC's home state her very limited sphere of influence will be obvious.

by Anonymousreply 52January 23, 2020 7:58 PM

R52, AOC is only popular in her own district in NYC, not the city as a whole and definitely not in the state of NY. This makes sense--she is (in theory) only supposed to represent her district. If only she could absorb this, herself.

by Anonymousreply 53January 23, 2020 8:01 PM

Exactly R53. She's made the classic mistake of believing her own publicity.

Has anyone asked her recently about the status of that anti-lobbying bill she's supposed to be working on with Ted Cruz? There was a fair amount of fanfare about it when the pairing was announced.

by Anonymousreply 54January 23, 2020 8:06 PM

With TED FUCKING CRUZ???? Dear god, AOC plus Ted Cruz equals....I don't even know that is. If her Green New Deal was bad, whatever she concocts with Cruz will be at least twice as bad. Well, at least it will be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 55January 23, 2020 8:09 PM

I assumed she decided to do that bill with Cruz as a). she wanted to solidify her "systemic change" cred, and b). he's so unpopular that he's unlikely to even get a lobbying job once he either leaves or is voted out, so he has nothing to lose.

But since the announcement in May, I've heard nada about it. Shouldn't take this long to write a bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 23, 2020 9:48 PM

We've talked about this over and over but it's worth repeating:

The Democrats, however imperfect, have been a firewall against Republicans' march towards a far right racist oligarchy for 60 years. Democrats cobble together a coalition of disparate groups to defend the common man from hyperactive capitalistic slavery administered by the minority ruling class with the assistance of an uninformed electorate. As has been shown over the last 120 years, when leftist leaning groups break away from the mainstream opposition party (the Dems) in futile attempts to force upon the party their left leaning policies, the opposite occurs. The leftist factionalism enables a cohesive far right agenda to advance. Thus, the far left are a tool of the far right. .

by Anonymousreply 57January 23, 2020 10:17 PM

I don't get the people calling AOC dumb. She's clearly not dumb, her Trumpian reactionary style of politics is entirely intentional. Just like that style gets Trump supporters and works for him, it gets her supporters and works for her.

by Anonymousreply 58January 23, 2020 10:35 PM

The little brat freshman congresswoman going against the former VP of eight years - just who the fuck does she think she is? Gods help us if her peronism takes root. She needs to be primaried, stat.

by Anonymousreply 59January 23, 2020 10:40 PM

If 80-year old Nancy Pelosi can take on Trump, I see no reason why she shouldn't destroy this little troll in due time.

by Anonymousreply 60January 23, 2020 11:07 PM

R56, that bitch is a fucking hypocrite. I don't know why but she even more than Bernie makes my blood boil. She trashes Biden, implying he would actually be open to a Republican VP when she is working with the fucking Ted Cruz???? Who the fuck is she to talk? If people doubt how extreme Ted Cruz is, please look up the form of religion he practices. He is incredibly fucked up. He is the type of person who genuinely wants to bring back 18th century Christianity back to America. Then again, maybe that person above is right. Maybe she is making all these seemingly uneducated, stupid comments in an effort to be a far-left Trump. If so, more power to her, and I now know I will never ever align myself with the far left section of the Democratic party.

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2020 12:13 AM

Emerson College poll conducted last week says only 53% of Bernie supporters are committed to voting for the eventual Democratic nominee if Bernie doesn't receive the nomination. ONLY 53%!!!! UFB!

As a left-of-center Democrat who was worked in outreach for three decades, this country is where it is because of the far left's inability to comprehend the value of building alliances. Meanwhile, the GOP cobbles together a coalition of billionaires, corporations, poor whites, evangelicals, and the blue collar working class despite the GOP policies that adversely affect all but the oligarchy.

It's really too bad but I'm a tail-end Gen Xer aging out in terms on influence so it's going to be up to AOC, Ileana Omar, Rashida Tlaib, and yes, ol' man Bernie himself if he lives long enough to build an army to stop the Republicans' fierce and constant march to the far right. The haven't been willing to reliably join the Democrats and worse, they threaten to withhold their support hostage if their man doesn't win. They use the party's Democratic machine to advance their cause but turn on those of us who've invested uncountable dollars and hours to advancing progressive ideals.

So I'm afraid they shall reap what they sow and it's very, very bad for America and the world. Trump will be acquitted and worse, empowered, and a cold gray wind of tRumpist fascism will change the direction we as a country sail if we don't rise up together despite petty differences and GET TRUMP OUT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 24, 2020 11:35 PM

^^^ Pardon my minor typos. If only I wasn't an aging GenXer and could actually see my iPhone. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 63January 24, 2020 11:44 PM

R62/R63, the weirdest thing about that poll is that they asked that question and third choice aside from yes or no was "depends on the candidate". That doesn't make any sense for it to be an option. Answering "it depends" is the same thing as answering "no"! Bernie fans just want their moral purity.

by Anonymousreply 64January 25, 2020 2:15 AM

Is Sanders' Achilles heel the electability question?

He may be most popular but in the moment of making a choice, do people really think he's electable? It may be an outcome where he leads the polls but the actual primary votes tell a very different picture. We all know for many there is a moment of truth, choice, when you're looking at that ballot. Bernie's base won't run but I am unclear about whether the people who say yes to a pollster are also the people who say yes to a nominee. But it may be him in the end...

by Anonymousreply 65January 25, 2020 1:26 PM

I want to like AOC, but she’s make it more difficult every day.

by Anonymousreply 66January 25, 2020 1:28 PM

I wonder what AOC will do if Biden, or anyone but Sanders, gets the nomination. Will she play ball or stamp her feet in protest and, in the process, help the Trump campaign?

There's a story in today's NYT (don't have my own account, so can't post a link) about the Dems fears about the party voters coming together behind a nominee to beat Trump given the wide range of platforms.

One M-F couple from SC who are Sanders supporters were interviewed:

"Some pro-Sanders households are mixed.

Michelle McKay and her partner, Bill Davis, came to the South Carolina State House from their home in Raleigh, N.C., she wearing a vest festooned with Sanders buttons, to their support for their candidate.

"Hell no", Ms. McKay said about the prospect of backing Mr. Biden. Reminded that NC could be a pivotal state in the general election, she said: "I don't care. My vote is not going to an establishment Democrat."

Mr. Davis, though, said that while he didn't want to vote for anyone besides Mr. Sanders, he'd cast a ballot for any Democrat against Mr. Trump. "I think the party will come together, " he said, as Ms. McKay looked on unconvinced."

Clearly Ms. McKay needs to grow the fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 67January 25, 2020 10:54 PM

Correction: "One M-F couple from NC..."

by Anonymousreply 68January 25, 2020 10:55 PM

She can't grow up, R67. She's a Bernie Bro.

by Anonymousreply 69January 25, 2020 10:58 PM

there are just as many stupid people on the left as there are on the right. Did you believe it was only on the right?

by Anonymousreply 70January 25, 2020 11:04 PM

Joe Biden admitted he's an 'old guy' during a campaign event and says he needs to choose a vice president who can lead the country in the event he dies.

Biden is a fucking idiot. Dumb statements like that are why he’s always been a fucking loser.

by Anonymousreply 71January 30, 2020 10:09 AM

Go after Trump, not Biden. I am not impressed by a Dem who goes after another Dem.

by Anonymousreply 72January 30, 2020 10:37 AM

She's one smart cookie.

by Anonymousreply 73January 30, 2020 11:04 AM

His campaign has reached out to Yang, Amy, and possibly even Warren to cut a Gephardt-Kucinich deal for Monday. Amy rejected him, Yang's base is too different for this to make sense, and who knows about Warren. Needless to say, only weak campaigns go around asking for deals like those.

by Anonymousreply 74January 30, 2020 11:20 AM

Didn't AOC mean to write "folkx" ?

by Anonymousreply 75January 30, 2020 11:26 AM

[quote]I guess she'd prefer another 4 years of tRump?

Many of the Sanders supporters would. They use racist and homophobic and sexist slurs, they troll and shitpost constantly, they get their feelings hurt if you dare say anything even the tiniest bit critical, they exaggerate what liberals or Democrats say and turn everything into a "violent death threat against us!" when it's no such thing, but then they have multiple accounts so they can make their own death threats and say it's justified for whatever reason.

What I find amusing is that these Sanders supporters (on Twitter, at least) seem to think that Trump supporters are their natural brothers in the fight against corruption and "the establishment." They really think some Nazi-adjacent bro who thinks Joe Rogan has a genius IQ is going to support them if they get Bernie nominated. And the Trumpster trolls on Twitter lead them on, which is kind of funny to watch, but it's also really scary.

by Anonymousreply 76January 30, 2020 11:33 AM

If Bernie or Warren gets the nomination, I’m writing in Biden or Buttigieg... maybe even Hilary. There’s no way I’d ever vote for a socialist.

by Anonymousreply 77January 30, 2020 11:52 AM

Just FYI: beware of any BernieBro who claims they voted for Hillary in 2016 and therefore you should vote for Bernie in 2020. Search their social media if you can and see for yourself if it's true. It usually isn't.

Let's all cross our fingers and hope we don't get Bernie as the nominee.

by Anonymousreply 78January 30, 2020 11:54 AM

[quote] I am not impressed by a Dem who goes after another Dem.

You are aware that we are in the middle of a hard fought primary for the Democratic presidential nomination, are you not?

by Anonymousreply 79January 30, 2020 11:55 AM

WHat's the Gephardt-Kucinich deal?

by Anonymousreply 80January 30, 2020 12:29 PM

[quote] Many of the Sanders supporters would.

R76, a poll recently showed that only 53% of Sanders supporters would vote for ANY Democratic candidate. 53%! The only Democrat who was lower than that was Yang. The other candidates didn't have anywhere close to that number.

by Anonymousreply 81January 30, 2020 12:31 PM

Can you blame them, R81? Look at the choices.

by Anonymousreply 82January 30, 2020 12:49 PM

So the answer is four more years of Trump, R82?

by Anonymousreply 83January 30, 2020 12:53 PM

[quote] Can you blame them

We can blame them 100%--they did this same shit in 2016 with Hilary and then foolishly responded to Trump's win with "Bernie would have won". Their candidate is the shittiest of all the Democrats running, aside from Tulsi.

by Anonymousreply 84January 30, 2020 12:54 PM

[quote]rally together in Iowa on Sunday, with Bon Iver

Oh, good lord

by Anonymousreply 85January 30, 2020 1:24 PM

r80 Sorry, I meant Edwards- Kucinich deal, which kneecapped Gephardt in Iowa.

by Anonymousreply 86January 30, 2020 1:39 PM

^^

[quote]Shortly before the caucus, Edwards and Kucinich reached an agreement in which they would ask their supporters to back the other camp in any precinct where they lacked the necessary numbers to qualify for delegates. The deal was widely seen as a blow to the Gephardt campaign, which had expected to pick up the compatibly pro-union Kucinich supporters in such circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 87January 30, 2020 1:40 PM

The "cucus concert" with Bon Iver is actually tomorrow in Clive (pop. 17k).

That rally/concert with AOC in Sioux City (pop. 83k) last Sunday drew 1.100 people, which isn't all that. Thought it would be bigger than that. Wonder how much the Grammys airing at the same time and Kobe's death had to do with the turnout.

by Anonymousreply 88January 30, 2020 1:45 PM

*caucus concert, even

by Anonymousreply 89January 30, 2020 1:45 PM

AOC is being cunt-ish. Sanders can't win in 2020 and she knows it. But she wants to run in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 90January 30, 2020 3:02 PM

AOC is part of the Purity Test Caucus. It would be lovely if Bernie loses the NY primary (especially if he loses Downstate NY) as that would demonstrate how little clout AOC actually has.

I'm much more impressed with Sylvia Garcia and Veronica Escobar from TX. Those women actually do the work as opposed to obsessively trying to get attention.

by Anonymousreply 91January 30, 2020 9:42 PM

R91, we already know that Bernie's clout only extends to clueless or delusional people who have no idea how politics works. Notice that NONE of the reps backed by Bernie flipped a single seat in the midterm elections. The dems that won were overwhelmingly moderate, NOT Bernie bros.

by Anonymousreply 92January 30, 2020 10:51 PM

I think AOC is being cunt-ish about Biden but she is NOT a cunt and I like her.

Tulsi is a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 93January 31, 2020 12:35 AM

Only Latinos and idiots like this bug eyed bitch. She’s a shit-stirrer and is trying to divide the Democratic Party because her and Bernie are not actually Democrats but Socialist freaks.

by Anonymousreply 94January 31, 2020 12:40 AM

She's right. The old guard conventional Democrats are all accountable as they were in cahoots with the GOP. Bernie, though, meh. Pete all the way!

by Anonymousreply 95January 31, 2020 4:06 AM

[quote]The Dem party did NOTHING to get her elected. It was her association w/ Bernie...

Bernie had NOTHING TO DO WITH AOC until after she won her primary. She glommed onto him first.

She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 96January 31, 2020 5:39 AM

Did Bon Iver show up?

by Anonymousreply 97January 31, 2020 6:08 AM

I've some thought that AOC is content for now and some time to be The Opposition, wouldn't shed tears if dt is reelected. Its really easy being The Opposition: Just toss out red meat, collect money, have no serious responsibility or accountability.

by Anonymousreply 98January 31, 2020 7:24 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!