Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Clinton On Harvey Weinstein: ‘How Could We Have Known?’

[QUOTE] “He raised money for me, for the Obamas, for Democrats in general. And that at the time was something that everybody thought made sense,” she declared. “And of course, if all of us had known what we know now, it would have affected our behavior.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59February 2, 2020 11:10 PM

Do you know what your co-workers or acquaintances are doing behind closed doors? Of course not.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 5:07 PM

She’s right. Nobody knew anything because the women did not come forward until Farrow’s article.

I am still surprised that only the ones who didn’t make it big were victimized by Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 5:07 PM

It was an open secret for years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 5:32 PM

How incredible none of them knew yet people were discussing it on the internet for at least a decade, with stories to boot.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 5:45 PM

People discuss everything and anything in the internet. Doesn’t mean Elvis is still alive.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 5:47 PM

[quote]It was an open secret for years.

To some people and not to others. Don't really think Hilary sat around gossiping about Weinstein's sex life.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 5:50 PM

It wasn’t just discussed on the Internet; it was a regular punchline on awards shows for a decade before Farrow’s article.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2020 5:53 PM

Girl, I voted for you. I wish you won. But for the love of God...stop talking until after the election.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2020 5:55 PM

Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I assumed it was a quid pro quo for roles. Didn't everyone?

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2020 6:23 PM

She was the only one who didn't try something with.

by Anonymousreply 10January 23, 2020 3:22 PM

She accepts donations from homo-murdering Gulf despots. Scruples? Pa-fucking-leeeasseee.

by Anonymousreply 11January 23, 2020 3:26 PM

Meryl knew.

by Anonymousreply 12January 23, 2020 5:13 PM

OP linked to a right wing site. Troll alert!

by Anonymousreply 13January 23, 2020 5:14 PM

I’m surprised she didn’t talk about dragging a $100 bill through a Bel-Air trailer park. Everyone in show biz knew.

by Anonymousreply 14January 23, 2020 5:19 PM

Why is she talking so much these days?

by Anonymousreply 15January 23, 2020 5:20 PM

Hillary isn’t some sleazy, money-grubbing bitch with no moral character. If she says she didnt know, she meant that shit.

And she’s in politics. Different worlds.

by Anonymousreply 16January 23, 2020 6:00 PM

There have been rumors about him forever, but those are rumors. You don't need to assume something is true without solid evidence. It's not like she had actress friends telling her, by the way, that guy Weinstein sexually harassed me. He hadn't been charged with any crimes or even openly accused when she was running for office.

by Anonymousreply 17January 23, 2020 6:05 PM

Not sure I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 18January 24, 2020 5:24 AM

Everyone knew, especially the politicians with their hands in the pocket of Hollywood. Would not surprise me if he hooked both Clintons up with young women.

by Anonymousreply 19January 27, 2020 9:08 PM

She refused to recognize that her own husband was a predator.

by Anonymousreply 20January 27, 2020 9:14 PM

The Clintons were chummy were quite a few questionable people. Harvey Weinstein. Donald Trump. Pamela Harriman. They'd rub up against anybody if they thought they would gain something from it.

by Anonymousreply 21January 27, 2020 9:17 PM

Right around the time Hill became First Lady I was a lowly assistant editor in the NYC Indy Film world.

I knew. Everybody I worked with knew. She’s lying.

by Anonymousreply 22January 27, 2020 9:23 PM

[quote] The Clintons were chummy were quite a few questionable people. Harvey Weinstein. Donald Trump. Pamela Harriman. They'd rub up against anybody if they thought they would gain something from it.

Wealthy and powerful people know one another. you can't accuse them all of being complicit

by Anonymousreply 23January 27, 2020 9:28 PM

[quote] Right around the time Hill became First Lady I was a lowly assistant editor in the NYC Indy Film world. I knew. Everybody I worked with knew. She’s lying.

You knew because you worked around the film industry.

To Hillary, Harvey was an acquaintance who raised money for Dems; not her bestie.

by Anonymousreply 24January 27, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] Everyone knew, especially the politicians with their hands in the pocket of Hollywood. Would not surprise me if he hooked both Clintons up with young women.

Sure, let's make up wild conjecture, shall we?

by Anonymousreply 25January 27, 2020 9:29 PM

She really is a poor thinker. The DNC tried to help her, but she shot herself in the foot. And her we go again. Also, she is a terrible judge of character.

by Anonymousreply 26January 27, 2020 9:29 PM

[quote] She refused to recognize that her own husband was a predator.

we have little proof of that, no matter what the GOP wants to claim

by Anonymousreply 27January 27, 2020 9:30 PM

We knew, Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 28January 27, 2020 9:34 PM

I didn't read the whole thread but everyone knew all about Harvey and what he was up to for years. I'm in the biz so just saying.

by Anonymousreply 29January 27, 2020 9:35 PM

[quote] You knew because you worked around the film industry.

I don't work in the film industry, and I don't even have friends in the industry -- like the Clintons did back in the 90s -- and even I knew.

She knew. It was just business as usual. Now that it's inconvenient behavior, she's claiming she didn't know.

by Anonymousreply 30January 27, 2020 9:36 PM

Of course Hillary tries to bring the Obamas into it.

by Anonymousreply 31January 27, 2020 9:39 PM

Of course, she would never dare give the money back now that she knows about what he did.

by Anonymousreply 32January 27, 2020 9:42 PM

You want her to cut a check to Harvey Weinstein?

by Anonymousreply 33January 27, 2020 9:44 PM

I worked for Gary Hart...yeah I'm old. We all knew.

by Anonymousreply 34January 27, 2020 9:47 PM

R33 I assume the poster means to a sexual abuse charity as is the norm.

by Anonymousreply 35January 27, 2020 9:49 PM

Whoa whoa, Anthony. He’s a big boy, he knows what he said.

by Anonymousreply 36January 27, 2020 9:59 PM

R11 She took donations for Trump?

by Anonymousreply 37January 27, 2020 10:13 PM

Name one homosexual who lost his life because of Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 38January 27, 2020 10:20 PM

Reason #5,765 People Don't Trust Her

by Anonymousreply 39January 27, 2020 10:23 PM

"Of course hindsight is 20/20 but I assumed it was a quid pro quo for roles. Didn't everyone?"

Some of us in the industry STILL think that was the case. Always.

by Anonymousreply 40January 27, 2020 10:25 PM

She knew because Bill partied with him!

by Anonymousreply 41January 27, 2020 10:33 PM

Harvey wasn’t out raping women at parties. The more eyes were around, the more normal he’d act.

by Anonymousreply 42January 27, 2020 10:55 PM

You calculating cunt Clinton😡 The ducking dogs in the streets knew.

Oy vey!

by Anonymousreply 43January 27, 2020 11:16 PM

Bernie Sanders said he “couldn’t have known” about all the sexual harassment and sexism in his 2016 campaign too ....

by Anonymousreply 44January 27, 2020 11:20 PM

People in the industry were more in the know because they heard rumors and stories from multiple sources. People in politics may not have even heard of any rumors let alone have been able to validate them.

by Anonymousreply 45January 28, 2020 12:18 AM

"Wealthy and powerful people know one another. you can't accuse them all of being complicit."

Oh, come on. Weinstein and Trump were always repugnant asshole sleazebags. Harriman was a legendary, greedy, self-centered, rich whore. EVERYBODY knew that, including Bill and Hillary Clinton. They just chose to overlook it, because their scummy friends had wealth and power. That's what the Clintons have always been about: wealth and power.

by Anonymousreply 46January 28, 2020 12:30 AM

Clinton also hung around Epstein. Post-Conviction. Didn't stop him. (I have no idea if Clinton took part in Epstein's criminal enterprise as a client.)

I knew about Weinstein and the closest I came to Hollywood was Movieline magazine and the rumors about Charlize Theron on Datalounge. I didn't know the specifics about violent rape, but I knew about the coercive rape. It was a topic of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 47February 2, 2020 2:49 PM

Trump not only knew, but probably joined him

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48February 2, 2020 2:52 PM

Poor Hillary.

by Anonymousreply 49February 2, 2020 2:54 PM

Poor thing is so physically repulsive. Not one redeeming feature: short, fat, lazy eye, balding, scraggly homeless beard. And now virtually disabled.

And like most Quasimodo's, his only desire was to fuck beautiful women. And to do that he had to lure and attack.

by Anonymousreply 50February 2, 2020 2:55 PM

HRC has a history of turning a blind eye to such behaviors, as well know! Weinstein, Trump, Epstein--all contributors. And didn't Bill party with them??

by Anonymousreply 51February 2, 2020 2:58 PM

Fuck I hate Poo Shoes threads! Do fuck off

by Anonymousreply 52February 2, 2020 3:02 PM

Can we end it once and for all with the "She Knew! " bullshit, directed primarily at Streep and Clinton?

First off, rumors are just that, rumors. They probably heard that he was a philanderer but that's not their responsibility to inform the world. And even if they had heard rumors of more, It's not Hilary Clinton or Meryl Streep's job to play fucking babysitter to ADULT women. Half of this "She Knew! " idiocy is just people working out their mommy issues. . If Meryl Streep held a press conference years ago announcing that Weinstein was coercing wannabe actresses half of these women would have turned on her for ruining "their big chance ".

by Anonymousreply 53February 2, 2020 3:07 PM

r19 I'm not 100% convinced that the Obama's knew or knew the extend of the issue. I have a very hard time believe that Barack and Michelle knew about this, yet let their daughter Malia intern there. That internship is basically useless these days now that Weinstein has been destroyed. I can believe a lot, but I'm not sure the Obamas would do that. Then again, Malia had secrete service with her and W wouldn't dare upset the apple cart with the President's daughter so who knows.

by Anonymousreply 54February 2, 2020 3:11 PM

Any links to the rumors about Charlize would appreciated 47!

by Anonymousreply 55February 2, 2020 6:23 PM

She didn't know like I didn't know about R. Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 56February 2, 2020 6:54 PM

I supported Hillary in both her campaigns as I felt she was the best candidate we had. But she's part of a very corrupted political system. Money blinded her as it blinded many in Weinstens circle. It was known for decades what a monster he was.

by Anonymousreply 57February 2, 2020 7:55 PM

But Trump is not corrupt at all r57! He is Weinstein! He literally grabs pussies!

by Anonymousreply 58February 2, 2020 11:08 PM

Trump is a Nazi, pussy grabber, rapist racist who wants a dictatorship

by Anonymousreply 59February 2, 2020 11:10 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!