Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

CNN: Bernie Sanders surges to top Democratic presidential pack

Bernie Sanders - 27%

Joe Biden - 24%

Elizabeth Warren - 14%

Pete Buttigieg - 11%

Michael Bloomberg - 5%

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 26, 2020 1:40 PM

Bernie is going to win.

by Anonymousreply 1January 22, 2020 4:40 PM

Well, we're screwed. Four more years of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 2January 22, 2020 4:41 PM

I don't care about national polls because they're meaningless, but the media creation that is The Klobusaur at 4% nationally... I can't.

by Anonymousreply 3January 22, 2020 4:42 PM

[quote]Bernie Sanders surges

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 4January 22, 2020 4:43 PM

Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 5January 22, 2020 4:46 PM

R4 E-mail CNN.

by Anonymousreply 6January 22, 2020 4:47 PM

Pete, Liz and Amy all having their people call Hillary to see if she can say something nasty about them next.

by Anonymousreply 7January 22, 2020 4:51 PM

If wishes wer horses--etc.

by Anonymousreply 8January 22, 2020 4:51 PM

R7 Great thread idea: WHAT WOULD HILARY SAY

by Anonymousreply 9January 22, 2020 4:52 PM

CNN finally reports truths!

by Anonymousreply 10January 22, 2020 4:52 PM

Why do you Bros love Trump so much? What are Trump's policies that you like and why?

by Anonymousreply 11January 22, 2020 4:56 PM

The sane Democrats are being divided among too many people (Biden, Buttigieg, Bloomberg, Klobuchar) while all of the leftists coalesce around Bernie. This is what Bloomberg wanted to happen.

by Anonymousreply 12January 22, 2020 4:56 PM

R11 Trump is gross. Y'all Bernie-haters don't really care about unity, do you?

by Anonymousreply 13January 22, 2020 4:58 PM

Sanders supporters don't care about unity, R13. Don't try to claim that they do.

by Anonymousreply 14January 22, 2020 5:00 PM

Bernie beats trump by greatest margin. Bernie is the only way we can get Trump out of office. Biden is hemorrhaging voters; as is Warren.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2020 5:01 PM

"You know Hillary, Senator Klobuchar has cankles too. Really big enormous cankles,. People cringe when they see her cankles.... well yes, we were hoping you might issue a statement saying that people hate the Senator's unsightly cankles and that you would have to think long and hard before supporting a candidate whose cankles people mock."

by Anonymousreply 16January 22, 2020 5:02 PM

Trump would win either way.

Overall, he hasn't inflicted enough damage yet.

People need to die or lose everything. They have to learn the hard way. And the hard way has to get way harder than it is now. The good news is, Shit Gibbon is working overtime to fulfill on that hypothesis through all sorts of idiotic decisions.

I'm hoping an economic collapse occurs EARLY in his 2nd tenure. So his awfulness is just rubbed in all of those deplorable faces like so much dog feces. Yeah, we will all go down - but absent that, some other madman will come down the pike eventually and get into office and wreak even greater havoc. Which is what Im really terrified of. Fuckface Trump has opened the Overton window on a whole slew of awful shit. The next Republican idiot will use that as a starting point and go to town.

by Anonymousreply 17January 22, 2020 5:02 PM

R13 They’re not about unity because they’re Republican seat holders in disguise.

Exhibit A 👇🏻

[quote] When Fox News's Neil Cavuto asked whom Manchin would vote for if the Vermont progressive ended up becoming the Democratic presidential nominee, Manchin responded, "Well, it wouldn't be Bernie."

Link to Manchin’s “trusted friends” interview:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18January 22, 2020 5:06 PM

[quote] Trump would win either way.

Trump won by 70,000 votes from 3 states.

His base = 40% of the electorate

At least 50 percent of the electorate will vote for anyone but him.

by Anonymousreply 19January 22, 2020 5:06 PM

"Hey gurrlina!!! Yes, this is Marc Peter Charles Goodman from the Buttigieg campaign. You know, between us gals, Pete has like zero experience-- I mean South Bend! If the light is green you'd drive right through it!!... Right, so we were hoping that you would tell Variety that everyone, I mean simply EV-ER-Y-ONE thinks that Pete is too inexperienced to be President and that as the Most Qualified Candidate you would not necessarily support a MAN who was so unqualified!! And if you could give is a shot of you with a big thumbs down, that would be great too!!!"

by Anonymousreply 20January 22, 2020 5:07 PM

These polls will continue to shift from week to week.

by Anonymousreply 21January 22, 2020 5:08 PM

The American public, would never vote Bernie into office. He’s too far left.

by Anonymousreply 22January 22, 2020 5:09 PM

R14 you're damn right that those us on the far-left don't usually appeal to platitudes such as "unity". If anything we realise it for sham civility politics that it truly is. Here's the reality of the situation: Sanders has a base that is unwilling to support another candidate with rare exception. Fuck unity, do you want to beat Trump, or not?

by Anonymousreply 23January 22, 2020 5:09 PM

R13 Another turncoat. Exhibit B👇🏻

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 22, 2020 5:09 PM

R19 They won't show up for someone like Bernie with no appeal outside of his cult. Ordinary voters don't hate Trump as much as you think. Only if the stock market crashes would people be motivated enough to get rid of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 25January 22, 2020 5:10 PM

Let’s focus on calling out the Republicans-in-disguise in our very own party.

THEY ARE THE PROBLEM.

by Anonymousreply 26January 22, 2020 5:10 PM

It's great news and Bernie has much more of the black vote than Biden. I knew that Biden's support was never real. He's a regressive, corrupt, lying dufus. He's a failure at most things. Bernie resonates as being himself, warts and all.

R16? Shut the fuck up you racist ancient millennial pig. I'm sick of your misogyny and racist slurs on this site. You're a poison. And you're at least 60 years old. Ancient white gay man speak. Cankles = hilarious.

TheMillenialFriend is odious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27January 22, 2020 5:11 PM

[quote]you're damn right that those us on the far-left don't usually appeal to platitudes such as "unity". If anything we realise it for sham civility politics that it truly is.

So then stop bitching when other branches of the party don't care about unity either, dipshit.

by Anonymousreply 28January 22, 2020 5:12 PM

Only when they stop being so hypocritical about it, darling R28!

by Anonymousreply 29January 22, 2020 5:14 PM

Daddy is winning!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 22, 2020 5:14 PM

[quote] [R19] They won't show up for someone like Bernie with no appeal outside of his cult. Ordinary voters don't hate Trump as much as you think. Only if the stock market crashes would people be motivated enough to get rid of Trump.

The same ordinary voters who turned out in record numbers for the midterms (which they often sit out) and who have turned out in record numbers for the off yr election that they usually sit out; they don’t really hate Trump very much and they’re going to turn out for every election but the presidential. That makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 31January 22, 2020 5:16 PM

R31 With Bernie as the other choice, they will stay away or hold their nose and vote for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 32January 22, 2020 5:17 PM

What a lot of Never-Bernie's fail to realize about building a "revolution" is running as a candidate that actually inspires people to come out to vote. Frankly I expect their lack of support for Sanders after his nomination to be Democratic candidate to be inconsequential compared to what we'll gain.

by Anonymousreply 33January 22, 2020 5:20 PM

We’re an adolescent country at under 250 years. It makes sense that we would be teetering on the edge of self-destruction, as we are. It’s what adolescents do.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 22, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote] [R31] With Bernie as the other choice, they will stay away or hold their nose and vote for Trump.

Again: The same ordinary voters who turned out in record numbers for the midterms (which they often sit out) and who have turned out in record numbers for the off yr election that they usually sit out; they don’t really hate Trump very much and they’re going to turn out for every election but the presidential. That makes perfect sense.

by Anonymousreply 35January 22, 2020 5:21 PM

[quote]CNN: Vladimir Putin surges to top Democratic presidential pack

FTFY

by Anonymousreply 36January 22, 2020 5:23 PM

Bernie's biggest problem is his supporters. They are particularly obnoxious. Go to the Reddit politics forum for ample proof. If you don't love Bernie, then you must be evil or wrong. It became particularly obnoxious last week during the Elizabeth Warren kerfuffle. They were practically calling for her head on a platter. They're really the same as the Trumptards oh, just on the other end of the political spectrum.

They're currently whining that the mainstream media is out to sabotage Bernie because he hasn't garnered the same amount of coverage as the other candidates. He's really lucky that's true -would he survive the same onslaught of media attention that Hillary Clinton got? Or Joe Biden? Or Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren? If anything, Bernie has greatly benefited from the lack of media spotlight. If elected, he's not going to get anything done. His ideas are too extreme for the majority of the American public and, as Hillary said, nobody really likes him.

I would still take him over the current though.

by Anonymousreply 37January 22, 2020 5:24 PM

R36 Girl, please. You wreak of desperation like cheap perfume.

by Anonymousreply 38January 22, 2020 5:25 PM

Bernie is going to win no matter how much you slander his supporters and try painting him out to be Hitler.

by Anonymousreply 39January 22, 2020 5:26 PM

Who are the fucking retards supporting him?? God the people in this country are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 40January 22, 2020 5:26 PM

"Hey Hils honey. How's Chelsea and the grandkids? Oh great! Great!! Listen, Jill and I were wondering if you could say something nasty about Hunter and that whole Ukraine thing. You know, like maybe you say that you think it's much worse than your emails and that a broad would never get away with that and you can't give me your support until this whole Hunter thing is cleared up..... Okay, then can you say that too, that you agree with President Trump that the Ukrainians were behind the 2016 election too--I mean you've already blamed everybody else, right, so why not the Ukrainians... and put it on the Twitter too that you're not going to support me and my guy says put "hashtag Iowa Primary" on that.

by Anonymousreply 41January 22, 2020 5:27 PM

And the Bros wonder why most people don't like Bernie...

by Anonymousreply 42January 22, 2020 5:29 PM

R40 You’re the three-pronged retard, dear. emotional, intellectual and spiritual retard.

by Anonymousreply 43January 22, 2020 5:29 PM

R42 "Most people?" You may prefer your self-segregated opinion, but please speak for yourself...

by Anonymousreply 44January 22, 2020 5:32 PM

R33 is AOC.

by Anonymousreply 45January 22, 2020 5:33 PM

Biden doesn't arouse any great enthusiasm in most voters, it's just that the establishment junkie Democrats are desperate for the person they feel as the safest choice.

by Anonymousreply 46January 22, 2020 5:33 PM

R42 “Most people”?

Did your RETARDED ass read the poll numbers in op?

by Anonymousreply 47January 22, 2020 5:34 PM

Also: to give you Never-Bernie folks a tip, calling supporters of one of the most diverse coalitions in this campaign "Bros" makes you look like a joke...

by Anonymousreply 48January 22, 2020 5:35 PM

R48 Or like the SHILLS that they are!

by Anonymousreply 49January 22, 2020 5:37 PM

"Hey Hills-- Maya Harris!! Been way too long!! Listen-- I have a big favor. Can you say something nasty about my sister? Like maybe say that she's a big phony and has no convictions and that's why you could never support her for vice president. Yeah, and if you really feel inspired, you can say how a Biden-Harris or Sanders-Harris ticket would be the worst thing to happen to this country and you hope nobody votes for them!! I mean you're The Honest Hillary now, no one cares if you come off a little racist, right?"

by Anonymousreply 50January 22, 2020 5:38 PM

WTF are you going through, R50?

by Anonymousreply 51January 22, 2020 5:40 PM

Both Tulsi and Sanders saw their polls shoot up after Hillary dissed them R51

by Anonymousreply 52January 22, 2020 5:41 PM

Apparently Bernie is recruiting AOC, Bon Iver and Portugal The Man for some kind of rockstar presidential rally in Iowa this weekend.

Oh boy! I hope he manages to get an extra nap in and wears an extra pair of Depends - the excitement is sure to be a lot.

by Anonymousreply 53January 22, 2020 5:42 PM

This place is always funny (and wrong) about politics.

He'll go up further. The dissing from Clinton will only help because SHE'S NOT POPULAR and even pretty widely disliked within the party (and falling, as she pulls this stuff).

by Anonymousreply 54January 22, 2020 5:45 PM

Tulsi and Sanders voters truly dislike Hillary. I don't think that Hillary commenting on the other candidates would really have the same effect.

I'm not so sure that appearing with those celebrities is necessarily for Iowa voters as much as a visual for younger non-white voters in upcoming states. Ms. Turner will be furiously circulating them almost immediately.

by Anonymousreply 55January 22, 2020 5:47 PM

So "Feel It Still" vs "High Hopes" lol

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 22, 2020 5:47 PM

Que @slander the voters” default #3457854.

by Anonymousreply 57January 22, 2020 5:48 PM

I'll spare you the Karens dancing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 22, 2020 5:48 PM

I won’t vote for him.

by Anonymousreply 59January 22, 2020 5:50 PM

How unexpected, R59.

by Anonymousreply 60January 22, 2020 5:51 PM

[quote]Both Tulsi and Sanders saw their polls shoot up after Hillary dissed them

Hilz should probably just STFU from now on. She jinxes everything!

by Anonymousreply 61January 22, 2020 5:52 PM

R61

Like Baldric, she has a cunning and clever plan to be the nominee for her do over triumph. She's busy whittling down her list of running mates as we speak.

by Anonymousreply 62January 22, 2020 5:54 PM

I wouldn’t put it past her, R62.

I wonder how she feels about the upcoming FX series centered around the her husband’s impeachment, especially since it’s being produced by one of her supporters, Ryan Murphy...

Hollywood is so strange, lol.

by Anonymousreply 63January 22, 2020 5:58 PM

[quote]Girl, please. You wreak of desperation like cheap perfume.

о, Боже

by Anonymousreply 64January 22, 2020 6:06 PM

What are Pete's chances? I like him but just got into an argument with my ex. I don't think he can win even though I would happily support him. Is the country ready for a gay president? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 65January 22, 2020 6:10 PM

Bernie cannot win more than 2 states.

by Anonymousreply 66January 22, 2020 6:12 PM

[quote] What are Pete's chances?

He’s in 4th place barely out of the single digits. What do you believe his chances are?

by Anonymousreply 67January 22, 2020 6:16 PM

Bernie has zero chance of being President.

by Anonymousreply 68January 22, 2020 7:03 PM

Funny, Monmouth poll also released today says Biden is ahead.

OP, get your facts straight.

by Anonymousreply 69January 22, 2020 7:11 PM

I've been ambivalent on Bernie (I believe we need a strong generational shift and fresher, younger, forward-thinking blood in government), but I'm casting my vote for him in the primary anyway, and I now hope he becomes the nominee. This country needs a dramatic restructuring shakeup to counter the regressive backward lurch we have taken with the fossils who have been in charge (and ruining things) for too long. I hope the younger generations turn out in droves. Not sure that they will if the Dems offer up a dreary status-quo like the doddering Biden, though. Even though I'm hesitant about Bernie's age, he's definitely not doddering.

by Anonymousreply 70January 22, 2020 7:28 PM

I fear Bernie would turn everything over to the Woke crowd, making Liz look like a member of the John Birch Society.

by Anonymousreply 71January 22, 2020 7:36 PM

These polls are complete bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 72January 22, 2020 7:37 PM

Shhh don't tell that to the Bros. They only look at the polls that look positive for their god.

by Anonymousreply 73January 22, 2020 7:44 PM

Whoops, now there are three polls released today saying Biden is ahead.

And still one CNN poll saying Bernie is a little bit ahead.

by Anonymousreply 74January 22, 2020 7:55 PM

Sanders would, at best, be a one-term President - I can't imagine he has the stamina for 2. He would get next to nothing done (much like his Senate career) and moderate voters would come running back to any GOP candidate who seems remotely reasonable in 2024. Can you imagine this guy at a world economic summit? The other leaders would be laughing behind his back too.

I'm not nuts about Biden, and am not sure he's got the stamina for 2 terms either. But I think he might be smart enough to pass the torch in 2024 if his ego doesn't get in the way.

by Anonymousreply 75January 22, 2020 7:56 PM

Hey, "YourMillennialFriend" - once was enough. It's not particularly funny, and you're running it into the ground. Enough.

by Anonymousreply 76January 22, 2020 8:18 PM

Bernie burned too many bridges in 2016, and his "Berners" have been burning them right and left since the top of the year. Now they have realized they need everybody, they're floating the idea of "unity" in spite of the fact that they have harassed, in the most awful way, anyone who wasn't on board with Bernie from the getgo. Fuck you, Berners. There are literally thousands of "#NoBernieEver" voters.

by Anonymousreply 77January 22, 2020 8:21 PM

I think they prefer to called "Bros". At least that's what they named themselves.

by Anonymousreply 78January 22, 2020 8:26 PM

Why yes - the 1,156 people polled out of over 300 million people in the US speak for the entire country.🙄

Quit being so gullible and quit taking polls seriously. All the polls during the last election swore Hillary would become president and look how that turned out.

Bernie will never become nominee.

by Anonymousreply 79January 22, 2020 11:13 PM

Hillary had a lead until after the last debate; she likely would've won had the election been a couple of weeks earlier. The polls lagged at fully capturing her slide in those states.

by Anonymousreply 80January 22, 2020 11:34 PM

Some of these poles are pure bullshit...will we be able to trust Iowa to give us something real?

by Anonymousreply 81January 23, 2020 12:04 AM

The South Pole is real R81!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82January 23, 2020 12:08 AM

I’m voting for Pete. Period.

by Anonymousreply 83January 23, 2020 12:50 AM

I'm voting for Bernie. He's going to win.

by Anonymousreply 84January 23, 2020 1:03 AM

Bernie will win.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 23, 2020 1:31 AM

Of course Bernie will win.

He’s been building momentum since ‘15.

by Anonymousreply 86January 23, 2020 1:36 AM

Beautiful numbers!

by Anonymousreply 87January 23, 2020 1:44 AM

Who will Bernie pick for VP?

by Anonymousreply 88January 23, 2020 1:49 AM

He should pick Pete for VP. He's right enough to balance Bernie's left. For me Pete is too right to be president, but he's okay for VP. Of course Bernie should pick a black woman but I don't know who. No one really likes Harris.

by Anonymousreply 89January 23, 2020 1:54 AM

Bernie vs Biden, the adult diapers war.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90January 23, 2020 2:10 AM

Ms. Ball schools the children as David “delicious dick” Doel commentates.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 23, 2020 2:19 AM

Yas!

by Anonymousreply 92January 23, 2020 2:51 AM

Receipts R91! Excellent. Bernie tells the truth. That's the perception. The more people see of him, the more popular he becomes. The opposite is true for Biden, Warren and the local gay official.

by Anonymousreply 93January 23, 2020 3:05 AM

Yes, R93.

Also, isn’t David dreamy?

by Anonymousreply 94January 23, 2020 3:09 AM

There's something sort of beautiful about unapologetically cranky Bernie surging to the top. Compare him to Warren who acts like everyone's embarrassingly overly enthusiastic mom, which is entirely an act. She never behaved that way until about a year ago.

I don't know if Bernie can win if he gets the nomination, but, of all the candidates, I'd be the least displeased voting for him. I don't agree with him on a number of issues, but I appreciate his sincerity. (Although I think he's pandering on immigration, which is disappointing. Normally he's not a panderer.)

by Anonymousreply 95January 23, 2020 3:18 AM

He'll come back down again.

by Anonymousreply 96January 23, 2020 3:30 AM

Bernie will lose 45 states.

by Anonymousreply 97January 23, 2020 3:44 AM

If Bernie gets the nomination it is his VP pick that will get the votes.

by Anonymousreply 98January 23, 2020 3:54 AM

And he would probably pick someone like Amy to counter him.

by Anonymousreply 99January 23, 2020 3:56 AM

I think Amy would turn him down.

by Anonymousreply 100January 23, 2020 4:34 AM

Amy would be a terrible a Veep choice for Sanders. To be honest, I’m not sure anyone still really in the game would even want to be Bernie’s Veep, nor be a good second for him.

I mean, Bernie won’t get it. But if he were to, his choice of Veep would be crucial, because he’s a nearly 80 year old man who just recovered from a heart attack.

by Anonymousreply 101January 23, 2020 6:25 AM

Bernie will continue to surge.

Bernie’s VP could be Warren, Buttigieg, Amy, Harris, Nina Turner or AOC if he really wants to light a match - there really are so many options.

by Anonymousreply 102January 23, 2020 6:49 AM

This thread is HILARIOUS.

"Surges". Sigh...

He's TWO POINTS higher than Biden/Trump. And again in R85's Newsweek link, the difference between the Sanders is TWO points. That's hardly a surge. And when the same poll finds Tom Steyer TIED with Trump, that shows how laughable it is.

Also from the Newsweek article:

"According to the RealClearPolitics NATIONAL POLLING AVERAGE... Biden is in the lead in the race for the Democratic nomination. Biden is at 27.7 percent, Sanders at 21.7 percent, Warren at 14.8 percent, Buttigieg at 7.8 percent, and Bloomberg at 7 percent."

"

by Anonymousreply 103January 23, 2020 7:16 AM

R102 = 20 year old first time voter.

by Anonymousreply 104January 23, 2020 7:18 AM

Bernie is surging

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105January 23, 2020 3:57 PM

Bernie is surging no doubt about it. Klobuchar should absolutely not be his VP choice. Go with Stacey Abrams!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 23, 2020 4:02 PM

Yeah, a socialist Jew and a black woman. lmao

Go for it. I can’t wait to watch Bernie lose and watch his cult have meltdowns, maybe even see them shoot up a baseball field again.

by Anonymousreply 107January 23, 2020 4:06 PM

R107 He’s going to win.

If we listened to your stupid ass, we should’ve expected him to drop months ago.

by Anonymousreply 108January 23, 2020 4:10 PM

Months ago, months from now...he'll lose.

by Anonymousreply 109January 23, 2020 4:11 PM

The 2020 ticket. Grumpy Cat and Snooty Dog. ouch

by Anonymousreply 110January 23, 2020 4:11 PM

2020 Ticket: Orange Mound of Shit and Militant Fag in the Closet

by Anonymousreply 111January 23, 2020 4:20 PM

Looks like he’ll continue to surge.

by Anonymousreply 112January 23, 2020 4:43 PM

[QUOTE]Special counsel Robert Mueller’s team said in an indictment last year that workers at a Russian organization called the Internet Research Agency were instructed to “use any opportunity to criticize Hillary and the rest (except Sanders and Trump — we support them).”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 23, 2020 4:48 PM

R113 ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114January 23, 2020 4:53 PM

You're a fool if you think "support them" doesn't mean "run them and finance them".

by Anonymousreply 115January 23, 2020 5:00 PM

And the Bros will get suckered in by them again.

by Anonymousreply 116January 23, 2020 5:01 PM

No, you’re clearly RETARDED if you think Russia is backing Bernie Sanders.

Were they funding his Civil Rights protests and arrests in the 1960’s, too?

Actually, back then your kind was probably screaming, “It’s the Commies helping the niggers! We’ve got to stop them!”

by Anonymousreply 117January 23, 2020 5:04 PM

What a delicious day for a surge.

by Anonymousreply 118January 23, 2020 5:49 PM

In a surprise move, MSNBC explains #DemocraticSocialism and details how "hallmarks" of Democratic Socialism are already part of the American ecosystem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119January 23, 2020 6:05 PM

The difference between Biden and Bernie is that young people might actually come out for Bernie and be excited about him.

Biden may have the largest amount of black support but Bernie has always sat at number two ahead of everyone else.

If he gets Iowa he has a real chance of winning.

Also, Trump barely won the Presidency. He's already proven himself to be the worst President in history. If that doesn't motivate people then I don't know what will.

by Anonymousreply 120January 23, 2020 6:11 PM

Dumping Trump in favor of Bernie is from worst to almost-as-bad.

by Anonymousreply 121January 24, 2020 12:34 AM

Yes, it would totally be "almost as bad" or not at all.

by Anonymousreply 122January 24, 2020 12:45 AM

Not true at all. Ridiculously untrue R121. Do you really know where you live? You live in a fascist land. Whether you're an American or a Russian Bot. Bernie is a social democrat. It's too bad the US doesn't have a better word for it. In most other civilized countries, he'd be called a liberal. Trump is a fascist kleptocrat, placed in power by a right wing religious, white supremacist mob of supporters and kept in power by greedy and corrupt elected officials. Bernie isn't the second coming of FDR. He's the right man for this time only.

by Anonymousreply 123January 24, 2020 12:46 AM

From the old horse's mouth:

“In Vermont, everybody knows that I am a socialist and that many people in our movement, not all, are socialists. And as often as not — and this is an interesting point that is the honest-to-God truth — what people will say is, ‘I don’t really know what socialism is, but if you’re not a Democrat or a Republican, you’re OK with me.’ That’s true. And I think there has been too much of a reluctance on the part of progressives and radicals to use the word ‘socialism.’”

And that quote will be used against him over and over and over.

by Anonymousreply 124January 24, 2020 4:50 AM

Great news. Instead of 2020 being a referendum on Trump, Democrats will be playing defense with every down ballot candidate distancing themselves from their own presidential nominee. I’ll take Hunter Biden and Burisma over this shit any day of the week. I can shut that down with two sentences. I can’t defend socialism, however.

by Anonymousreply 125January 24, 2020 5:19 AM

More than likely the candidate you are dragging through the mud today is the candidate you are going to have to defend tomorrow. It doesn't make any difference if it is Biden, Warren, Sanders or any of the other candidates. We can express our differences without making the other potential nominee look bad.

by Anonymousreply 126January 24, 2020 5:29 AM

How Vermont goes, so goes the nation. NOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 127January 24, 2020 5:47 AM

[quote]More than likely the candidate you are dragging through the mud today is the candidate you are going to have to defend tomorrow. It doesn't make any difference if it is Biden, Warren, Sanders or any of the other candidates. We can express our differences without making the other potential nominee look bad.

It's been a musical chairs of who the media is going to attack based upon the latest poll. Rage gets people to "click." I'm actually very upset that the media is going this route these days. Anyone on top gets hammered down, not praised.

by Anonymousreply 128January 24, 2020 6:58 AM

[quote]"Berners" have been burning them right and left since the top of the year. Now they have realized they need everybody, they're floating the idea of "unity"

Now that the Joe Rogan thing happened, if you look closely on Twitter and Reddit, you'll see that they're pushing the idea of unity WITH REPUBLICANS. Never Democrats, because all they do is sit online all day and whine about Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 129January 24, 2020 9:28 AM

What Joe Rogan thing?

by Anonymousreply 130January 24, 2020 9:53 AM

Young people don't vote. Bernie's numbers are over-inflated because he has more support with young voters (who will never turn out).

by Anonymousreply 131January 24, 2020 9:55 AM

R130 He endorsed Bernie.

by Anonymousreply 132January 24, 2020 9:55 AM

R131 EXACTLY. They never turn up. Even his batshit crazy voterbase is not enough for him to win. Gen z and Millennials would have to break records for him to even stand a chance. Not going to happen. Meanwhile, Biden has a secure voting base with older people and black people, you know, those who actually vote.

by Anonymousreply 133January 24, 2020 9:58 AM

Bernie's not the one to help win the most senate seats. Even if he can get the largest popular vote margin over Trump, they'll be wasted votes in the bluest states.

by Anonymousreply 134January 24, 2020 10:41 AM

It’s going to be hilarious watching Berniebecome the nominee. DL swore Hillary would win and told everyone to shut up. They also said Trump wouldn’t run, wouldn’t get the nomination, wouldn’t win, wouldn’t last a year. Face it, you guys are always wrong.

by Anonymousreply 135January 24, 2020 12:34 PM

R125 This should help defend DEMOCRATIC Socialism.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136January 24, 2020 1:19 PM

R135 That's because she DID win asshole. She won the popular vote by millions.

by Anonymousreply 137January 24, 2020 2:42 PM

Train wreck

by Anonymousreply 138January 24, 2020 2:59 PM

R137. Here we go with people like you who seems to beat on and on about the popular vote. I myself was pissed when she lost to trump but the popular vote is irrelevant when she failed to win the electoral vote. Which is how we pick a winner not based on people that only live in LA and new york.

by Anonymousreply 139January 24, 2020 3:07 PM

R137, even Democrats are tired of hearing that. She lost

by Anonymousreply 140January 24, 2020 3:09 PM

I just don't see Bernie or Elizabeth winning. A person who should be winning, is not running. I don't like Bloomberg but I think he has a chance.

by Anonymousreply 141January 24, 2020 3:09 PM

Did anybody else ready CuntyAnne's piece in the Washington Post?

I won't link to it because it seems like a rare occasion WaPo played pure click bait... and it should know better than to give space to that known liar. But C&P from The Hill which captures the essence of her "argument": "In fact, if Democrats were serious about electability, they’d nominate the guy who actually won primary contests and proved he can play David to Goliath in key places four short years ago," Conway wrote, referring to Sanders's 2016 presidential bid.

It seems to me if they're talking up Sanders, they are entirely unworried about him.

And the socialist thing, while laudable, is wholly contrary to the American DNA/fantasy of the American dream. You ever notice for all they bang on about it how few people actually emigrate from the U.S.? No matter how deplorable, it is home, and it is natural people stay.

by Anonymousreply 142January 24, 2020 3:18 PM

R136 that didn't work out too well for you yesterday either did it Bro?

by Anonymousreply 143January 24, 2020 3:42 PM

R137 is Hillary sitting in the Oval Office right now? No. She LOST. No one cares about the popular vote.

by Anonymousreply 144January 24, 2020 3:45 PM

R139 Elections should be based on how THE PEOPLE VOTE, not swathes of land.

One person, one vote. I don’t care where the fuck in the country you live or “what it says about the voter”.

One person, one fucking vote. Done.

by Anonymousreply 145January 24, 2020 3:57 PM

Republicans have been demonizing "socialism" for decades, and guess what? Young people don't care and are supporting Bernie anyway.

Maybe some of you shouldn't be so hung up over the word "socialism" (it seems to trigger a lot of people) and start looking at actual policies.

by Anonymousreply 146January 24, 2020 4:09 PM

R146 Fuck ‘em. Their flimsy deck of cards and the house it forms is crumbling, as TRUE Democrats and even upstanding Republicans are flocking to Senator Bernie Sanders.

We are going to win this thing from the inside out, straight down the middle, all parties welcome!

by Anonymousreply 147January 24, 2020 4:12 PM

He’ll continue his upward surge.

by Anonymousreply 148January 24, 2020 6:01 PM

He will continue to surge.

by Anonymousreply 149January 25, 2020 1:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150January 25, 2020 1:45 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151January 25, 2020 1:57 PM

The Joe Rogan endorsement has sparked a nasty fight among the Twitter Woke

by Anonymousreply 152January 25, 2020 2:04 PM

What did we learn from the #TrumpTapes?

✅ Trump is only scared of Bernie Sanders.

✅ Trump wanted Joe Biden to run.

I hope the campaign does an ad with the audio!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153January 26, 2020 1:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!